[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grey vs Grey = Everyone is an asshole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
Why forgets so many writer to give also positive characteristics in Grey vs Grey?
>>
>>43467203
English speak you goodly
>>
>grey
You mean gray, right?
>>
>>43467344
Gray, more like, gay, amirite gaise.
>>
>>43467344
>the USA is the world
>>
>>43467203
They don't have any positive characteristics they aren't really gray then are they?

Maybe you just have trouble reading?
>>
I fucking hate gray jedis.
>>
File: 3005162836_36b29a3bb8_xlarge.jpg (17 KB, 350x249) Image search: [Google]
3005162836_36b29a3bb8_xlarge.jpg
17 KB, 350x249
>Why forgets so many writer
>>
>>43467203
What I think OP is asking is why in situations of morality where both sides are varying 'shades of grey' authors so often forget to add good traits to characters and instead make everyone assholes.
The answer is >>43467501.
Otherwise, the presentation as to what is 'grey' is wrong on the author's part- ie: he writes everyone as complete and utter assholes but portrays them as if they were midding-to-average people.
>>
>>43467467
Americunt here. I spell it grey.
>>
>>43467203
Because Christian Grey is an objectively horrible person with no redeeming qualities, anon.
>>
>>43467467
Yes, the USA IS the cultural, economic, and social center of the world currently, and no amount of europoor whining is going to change that.
>>
>>43471157
Isn't he like .. very rich?
>>
>>43467203
I fucking hate Grey Jeans.
>>
>>43471171
>cultural
*entertainment
>>
>>43467467
>Using the shitty English spelling over the clearly superior Scottish version

baka desu senpai
>>
File: actually.jpg (141 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
actually.jpg
141 KB, 720x960
>>43468133
Even then, I'd argue the author's portrayal of average has little to do with what the author considers grey. It could just be a story about assholes, and the reader is just projecting.

Basically, unless there's some really explicit "this is good, this is bad" morality play stuff going down, there's no reason not to call it like it is, and assume the author is doing so as well.
>>
>>43471171
>this is what Americlaps actually believe

You're only on the edges of most countries' radars, kid. No amount of MUH EXCEPSHUNALISM tears are going to change that.

I'd tell you to kill yourself but some trigger-happy mass shooting nut will probably have already done it for you by the time I've finished posting.
>>
File: ToughSlavShit.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ToughSlavShit.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>Why forgets so many writer to give also positive characteristics in Grey vs Grey?
>>
File: DontThinkAboutEU.jpg (173 KB, 471x560) Image search: [Google]
DontThinkAboutEU.jpg
173 KB, 471x560
>>43474280
Europe used to be awesome.

A long ass time ago.
>>
>>43474280
Is is the European hegemony?

No. It's the American hegemony. No amount of tears will change the number of aircraft carriers on the water.
>>
>>43474280
Count how many American cultural icons and brands are known across the globe from some kid in the Europe to an ISIS militant.

What other country can match this?
>>
>>43474280
>edge of most countries radars
Maybe if you're from Nepal, but most of the rest of the planet at least has major trade ties, let alone the amount of nations that cooperate with the US military.

Not really sure how to quantify "cultural power".

There are countries that don't like us, sure, but no country ignores the US.
>>
>>43474661
Fuck my ass, just changed UK in "the UK" to Europe, left the "the"
>>
>>43467203
For douchebag character, everyone when know jerk heart is gold. Gold becomes the understand-normal, so they forget. Then only douchebag is yes.
>>
I miss good old good vs evil, black and white stories.
>>
File: american schoolchildren.jpg (72 KB, 620x330) Image search: [Google]
american schoolchildren.jpg
72 KB, 620x330
>>43474280
Regardless of how over inflated the american ego is, they're still likely the most significant nation at this point in time.

It's just part of their culture.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.