[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: tzeentch daemonkin.jpg (357 KB, 1536x936) Image search: [Google]
tzeentch daemonkin.jpg
357 KB, 1536x936
Age of Sigmar General

Plastic big bird when? edition

>>resources
pastebin.com/sQ5NryL7
>>
first post, WHFB fags are btfo, aos strong, down with the haters, up with sigmar
>>
File: SIggy.png (576 KB, 636x765) Image search: [Google]
SIggy.png
576 KB, 636x765
Has based Sigvald got a place in future AoS lore?
>>
>>43465946
Explain to me why it is fun, why it is objectively better then whfb, I'm not hating, I am simply curious
>>
>>43465833
I did notice that in the latest novel the lord of change is described as being massive ("bigger than the one-eye-giants [cygors] he'd fought in the swamp") which would fit with a model of the new bloodthirster's sort of size. But it's probably just artistic licence, however much I want a new kit.

The other thing I want is horrors that don't look like sacks of flab, but that's unlikely as they have a plastic kit. It's annoying, the rest of the tzeentch daemon range is so good, screamers and flamers are perfect, but the core troops and the flagship greater daemon are derpy/failcast.
>>
>>43465833
Do you think the 2 heads argue a lot ?
I hope they won´t break up ...
>>
File: fun is a buzzword.jpg (185 KB, 940x1020) Image search: [Google]
fun is a buzzword.jpg
185 KB, 940x1020
>>43465952
Doubt it, he died in the end times, and there was no suggestion he got saved like the glottkin were.

>>43465990
We can't. Fun is not a thing that can be objectively explained, pic related.
>>
>>43465990
>objectively more fun
>objective
>fun
Oh anon :3
>>
>>43465990
I can play with whatever models I want, I find that 20-50 model games are viable, fun scenarios actually work

Like I ran some scenarios in 3e which revolved around exploring the table, you had a squad of dudes and your hero, and there was houses to go into, and alcohol to raid, and wandering monsters and random encounters.

4e-8e didn't let me do that, it just didn't work, your rigid squares of guys (which melted awkwardly) couldn't actually play warhammer anymore (imo)

Now I can do things like "if you don't ring the bell the horde of zombies will kill you and your 9 friends" or monster hunter scenarios like what warhammer world is running.
>>
>>43466049
I see the intent of what he said but yeah he undermined it with his phrasing and revealed his true self in that moment, that said I would like to be convinced to give it a chance, I love lizards and my options now are

A: play age of sigmar
B: by the minis and play kings of war
C: convert the minis to play a counts as army in 40k
>>
>>43465990
Just try it. Asking someone to explain why something is fun is retarded.
>>
>>43466123
You know what, you are fucking right, I'm going to have to just bit the bullet and buy myself some lizards
>>
>Stormcast
>Immortal Celestial beings
>Seraphon
>Immortal Celestial beings
>Death
>Immortal Dead beings

Getting pretty sick of this shit, seems no one can actually die except Chaos Mortals and then only if they're not named characters.
>>
>>43466123
Slides are fun because your rapid acceleration lets the wind rush through your hair, your motion is entirely provided by gravity and the force is expelled more quickly than by climbing the stairs.

As such with minimal effort of climbing some steps you get to briefly feel gravity pull you into her warm embrace before the static friction of the slide redirects this static energy and propels you forwards.

God bless america.
>>
>>43466093
He wants to know why it's fun AND objectively better, not objectively fun.
Although a funnier game could objectively be said to be better? I don't know what I'm typing anymore.
>>
>>43466165
Some stormcast have died. A few got killed by some khornate axe that threw their souls into the realm of chaos, and a few have destroyed realmgates from the other side and been trapped (although Gardus got out). And the death stuff can die too, an ancient necromancer and vampire die in the last book.
>>
>>43466123
Swings are fun because your friction is minimized by the chains on the metal support bar. Grease further reduces your friction which allows you to rotate like a pendulum.

Since you are suspended on a chain you can shift your center of gravity to generate momentum in your pendulum, the low friction from the grease and chains maintains the motion of your pendulum, further shifting your center of gravity can rhythmically increase the amplitude of your swing.

If done properly the speed and amount of your rotation is exhilarating and thus fun.

Further enjoyment is derived from releasing yourself from the pendulum at the peak, this way you absorb all the momentum and launch yourself in a trajectory away from the swing.

You experience weightlessness and height far above that what simply jumping can achieve.
>>
>>43466165
Just wait until they pull that shit with aelves and greenskins too
>>
>>43465946
>WHFB fags btfo
>AoS strong
Wrong and wrong, AoS is a cancer killing independent GW stores and undermining GW itself.
>>
I like how everyone is caually ignoring that SWIGMAR IS KILLING NAGASH.
>>
>>43466264
AoS is fun because I paint my toys and then put them on the table and move them according to what I want them to do. Thus I have fun.
>>
>>43466444
Because the old world is dead and none cares about what's happening in the age of sigmar, carnac, can't you get it? None cares about this fluff, the few who believes to be doing are merely looking for their old favorites, it won't be long until they too realize it's the wrong place to look at.
>>
>>43466444
Nagash deserves it for betraying Sigmar!
>>
So now Lizardmen are inferior Stormcast rip-offs.
You know what that means?
Lizardmen are now the Sisters of Battle of AoS.
>>
>>43466586
It was Nagash who was betrayed!

>>43466547
No, I don't get it. AoS has a lot of interesting characters. More than I can count.

Vandus, Gardus (ONLY THE FAITHFUL), Inous, Khul, Ushkar Mir, etc. Stop being bitter and enjoy yourself.
>>
>>43466104
Well, that's a fine game, but I (and nearly everyone I know that plays it) got into fantasy because of the maneuvering game. Now that that isn't a part of it, it doesn't scratch the same itch.
>>
>>43466610
No, anon, sisters wouldn't get a physical codex.
AoS sisters are the empire because bretonnia is already dead and buried
>>
>>43466639
>Khul

Lord COOL
>>
>>43466104
>4e-8e didn't let me do that
sixth edition came with a full (and rather good) skirmish ruleset in the book
>>
How do Chaos Gods see Horned Rat and other way? Now that Horned Rat is part of them.

Also as always, people will shitpost as much as they can AoS Generals for a while and eventually accept that things have changed and while they might not like it, there are others who do.
>>
>>43466639
>AoS has a lot of interesting characters. More than I can count.
That's because your opinion is just as bad as your ability to count.

warhammer fluff was not even supposed to be about characters before the newly scavenging jews started to twist and milk the cow.
>>
>>43466639
Only the faithful
>>
>>43466763
>How do Chaos Gods see Horned Rat and other way? Now that Horned Rat is part of them.

They invited him to join them.

Tzeentch and Khorne's stances are not given but they can be guess at.

Nurgle has close ties with the Rat and often they form alliances. The Horned Rat, imo, acts too much like a lackey for Nurgle than a partner.
>>
>>43466682
They were inferior to the WD skirmish shit which was based off of realms of chaos and in both cases they both involved ranking up models anways, so you still couldn't use terrain properly and climb and move around.

Also AoS lets me scale up this anyways, single guys can congaline out and climb up steps to ring bells, pick mushrooms, whatever crazy objectives I give my players.

It's fucking awesome.
>>
>>43466899
>They invited him to join them.
Huh, not what I expected at all! I do know that lack of Slaanesh must hurt balance but still. I think Tzeentch and Khorne probably don't care that much.
And it's more than obvious that eventually Rat will backstab Nurgle, it doesn't want to stay under anyone.
>>
File: skirmish.png (48 KB, 908x236) Image search: [Google]
skirmish.png
48 KB, 908x236
>>43466938
>they both involved ranking up models
Path to Glory did. Warhammer Skirmish did not.
>>
>>43466165
Hey at the least the stormcast have that whole "they lose parts of their memories and their personality every time they get reforged."

I always thought that was neat.
>>
>>43466899
>The Horned Rat, imo, acts too much like a lackey for Nurgle than a partner.

Which might explain why he's spit on for the most part. He's literally a placeholder till slaanesh gets his/her/it's sweet ass back here.
>>
File: 1436935286427.jpg (2 MB, 2711x4239) Image search: [Google]
1436935286427.jpg
2 MB, 2711x4239
>>43467363
pic related accurately sums up my feelings toward this whole situation
>>
>>43467363
i figure he is not so much as a lackey as he is just biding his time. he acts friendly and shows servitude to nurgle, but also plans to usurp him.
>>
what is the best place to order miniatures and paints in canada?
>>
>>43466763

I don't think an opinion as been given for Khorne or Slaanesh, Tzeentch I believe it was said mistrusts him, and he and Nurgle are supposed to have the tightest bond.

>>43466877

I forgot that characters such as Gotrek, Felix, Tyrion, and Teclis were never a thing.

Seriously, this horseshit double standard about GW characters being stupid dumb bad but the OCs a neckbeard regurgitates being good and a paragon of creativity needs to stop.
>>
>>43472972
Ottawa.
>>
>>43473100
i meant websites
>>
>>43466408
AoS is actually fairly popular at my FLGS, and GW was poop long before Age of Smegmar.
>>
Guys, can you give some advices to /vg/ anons?
>>
>>43473967
Yeah, just buy 100 dragons and use them every game.
>>
>>43474043
Not about game. We ask you for help. Our /twg/ was invaded by WHFB fans, looking at /tg/ catalog seems you solve problem with them. Can you help us to clran our general?
>>
>>43474174
If I have learnt anything from all the Warhammer Fantasy generals, the quickest way to send Warhammer fans into a fit of rage are the words "Ogre Tyrants should be T5"
>>
>>43474174
>/twg/ was invaded by WHFB fans
consindering total warhammer is a looming thing, most total war conversation will be centered around it
>>
>>43474259
Well looks like it's from their dead game. Thanks, but looks like we need something more universal/useful.
>>
>>43474414
But they didn't talk about game, even more, they ruin discussions about other Total War games.
>>
>>43474174
Suck it up.
>>
>>43474496
that's every general thread
>>
>>43474496
I took a look into the threads and it seems to me that it's just shit flinging from both sides. Original TW gamers absolutely buttblasted that a non historical game has come into the picture. And the WHFB people taking out their frustration that one of their favorite franchises have blown up and are retaliating the old fashioned 4chan way. And only god knows how many people are actually participators of the threads and which are just other /vg/ anons taking upon one of the two factions personalities, taking advantage of the chaos, and shitting up the place even more.
>>
>>43475047

/sfg/ - Shit Flinging General
>>
>>43475047
>And the WHFB people taking out their frustration that one of their favorite franchises have blown up
But it's not /twg/ discussion. How we could remove this shit from our general. Come on guys, please help us.
>>
>>43475200
I apologize for my ignorance on the politics of the /vg/ board or just my misunderstanding in general. Is it simply because the game isn't out yet and they don't have any real meat to chew over and discuss in the context of the game? If so, you might as well not waste your time and effort trying to drive them out. Cause they're going to be back, and they'll be even more ornery than before.

All I can suggest is possibly asking them nicely to lay off until the game actually comes out. Now I know that won't probably help but here's the thing... /tg/ loooooooooves to fight. I mean not just shitposting for the sake of shit posting, not just trolling, but balls to the wall, full on throw down internet fights. These fuckers are masters in the art of skubwars. The more resistance you put up, the more they'll fight like wild animals. I remember /tg/ starting one the most vicious and violent of arguments... over coasters.

Let that sink in.

Basically, those WHFB posters are Orcs to your Empire.

They can be driven back, maybe even defeated for a time. But like the fungus they grow from, they'll just keep coming back, again and again. And they grow bigger and meaner every fight.

I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>43475200
>Come on guys, please help us.
piss off, mate
>>
>>43475344
>If so, you might as well not waste your time and effort trying to drive them out. Cause they're going to be back, and they'll be even more ornery than before.
Well yes, but :
1) at least they out for a while.
2) may be we learn how to protect our thread, I mean you (/tg/) remove them from your board, I am totally sure that you have some worth advices.
>>
File: 1444250571642.jpg (56 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
1444250571642.jpg
56 KB, 480x680
>>43475344
>Basically, those WHFB posters are Orcs to your Empire.
>>
>>43475473
That's the thing. We didn't drive them off, they left on their own. To a place where the setting is still alive and well.
>>
>>43475734
So we alone with this shit? Guess I can congratulate you, that you didn't have this problem anymore.
>>
>>43476353
Trust me, we would love to have them back.

Because if they were here, WHFB wouldn't be kill.
>>
>>43476535
So?
Also, may be some advices or help (if they are orks, than our tjread needs something like space marines) to d rivr thek back for a while, and return good old days of historixsl twg?
>>
>>43473027
>double standard
There's no double standard.
Who the hell is saying that the old characters were paragon of creativity?
Characters are not meant to be the focus of the setting, not Warhammer's, they were meant to be more archetypes and extreme examples than interesting characters with an interesting personality.
>>
>>43478634

Getting all pissy at the people who think characters GW comes up with are interesting and not those that post about their grim and heroic Empire general who comes from humble beginnings and has a five foot beard sounds like a double standard to me.

There is enough room in AoS for both camps and the people who have a problem with special characters need to get over getting tabled by them around a decade ago.
>>
>>43478682
It's not a double standard because said humble general has received no claim nor pretence of being an "interesting character".

>projections about gameplay influencing opinion of fluff.
Sorry,I didn't realize you were that stupid.
>>
>>43479445

It might not be the case for you, but it's pretty well known that there are a lot of people or play/played 40k and Fantasy who are butthurt about special characters entirely because someone fucked up and gave them rules that were too good, Teclis being an example.
>>
>>43479636
The butthurt about special characters was restricted to the gameplay though if present, and more than butthurt it was frustration, not unlike the one towards netlists in 40k too.
>>
>>43479636
>Teclis being an example.
Teclis was a mite of OP in a sea of special character garbage.
>>
>>43479668

I think it can extend to the lore as well, lots of people complained about the Grey Knights when they got their 5th Edition codex and coincidentally they were one of the most powerful armies. Come 6th their power was a shadow of its former self and the complaining about them has faded to a whisper.

People now complain about the Eldar and Tau, who had strong codices in 6th Edition and either have or appear to have strong ones in 7th.
>>
>>43467298
So, reverse Newcronisation?
>>
>>43479791
That's not reverse, that's exactly necronization.
>>
>>43479791
>>43479798
Newcrons do not lose parts of themselves whenever they are go through revivification. It was the Great Sleep that damaged their minds.
>>
>>43479798
Newcron*, friendo. Y'know how the Necrons suddenly gained personality and emotions? Lizardmen are slowly losing it, which I think is exactly the definition of reverse.
>>
>>43479818
Oh, now I see what you mean, from a meta standpoint, how they are being written, yes.
In universe necrons weren't mindless drones and then gained it all one day, that was a retcon. Unless there's been new lore.
>>
>>43479868
Yes, I meant a meta viewpoint, hence the use of the word Newcron.
>>
>>43479818
They didn't exactly have much personality before, besides the cult of sotek. They fought invaders to lustria, and occasionally went off to collect gold artefacts if they heard about them. That was about it. At least now the slann are doing something, trying to change the world, rather than sitting at home trying to discern the plan of some dead dudes.
>>
>>43479934
But they became what they have always hated and despised.

They became daemons.
>>
>>43474466
Try "swordsmasters are fair and balanced" then
>>
>>43474174
High Elves are fair and Balanced.
>>
>>43479972

Not of Chaos
>>
>>43479700
The grey knights were accompanied by a fair amount of ward to create fluff whinings of their own.
But of course, the more something is in the spotlight (be it rules or fluff) the more general discussions it will generate.
But again there's no direct causation of hatred towards rules=>hatred towards fluff, only correlation.
>>
>>43479972
Nah, daemons is a buzzword, they became highly magical creatures.
>>
>>43480315
Daemon was always a term for Magical creature though.

It's about time we had non-chaos aligned Daemons return.
>>
>>43474174
>/aos/ causing /whfb/ to leave
They left for more hidden places because of the end times, not AoS. AoS claimed "victory" over the few who still believed there could be a general scene for whfb instead of the fragmented groups that are forming, the AoS is no less circlejerking of a few people, with the exception that is fed up with news and trolls.

Anyway, about your problem, the options you have are to convince them to make a different general for warhammer fantasy games, to deal with it without feeding the trolls from both sides, to shitpost more until everything breaks and then restart anew with historical total war only.
>>
>>43465833
Is there anywhere I can get all this new AoS art?
>>
>>43480734
Fuck you,you are interrupting our shitposting
>>
>>43480365
GW caused WHFB to leave more than anything
>retcon tournament results
>people wait for a new codex
>lol no sales bye
It's scary to think about for other GW games because if people decide to vote with their wallets their setting might get nuked
>>
>>43480734
>download epub of books
>right click on image
>???
>profit
It works well even when the book reads like shit due to GW "anti piracy" new ebooks formatting

I had an imgur link a kind anon made with lots of them, if you want something faster, but it was not a complete collection.
>>
>>43466610
>So now Lizardmen are inferior Stormcast rip-offs.
>You know what that means?
>Lizardmen are now the Sisters of Battle of AoS.
We actually get updates. We outplan the Chaos Gods.
>>
>>43480793
I thought it was that endhammer lot that drove everyone away, basically if you're not interested in their fanfiction you're not really welcome in /whfb/ threads.
>>
>>43480936
Well 8e + end hammer
>>
>>43480936
I didn't care about endhammer, nothing stopped me from posting there anyway apart from lack of discussion, even if the dude tried to shove it in every possible one.
By the time endhammer started the threads were already on their slow extinction.
>>
>>43481000
This, WHFB was on a decline after Storms, and was even on a decline then. GW just put the nail in the coffin instead of attempting to fix it
>>
>>43473486
Games workshop
>>
>>43480849
>We outplan the Chaos Gods.

We have been through this. The Lizardmen can think ahead but it doesn't mean they can outplan Chaos. Certainly can;t outplan Tzeentch who is the mater of timestream and holds all the threads of fate.
>>
>>43481922
It is stated that lizardman predict chaos moves and spoil them.
>>
>>43481938
Plan steps ahead of their "enemies". That's what stated.

The Lizardmen have Orruks, Undead, skaven, and mortal Chaos forces followers among their enemies.They can think ahead of these guys but the Chaos God who exist outside of time and who have the god of schemes, fate, and time among them cannot be outplanned by lowly beings such as they.
>>
>>43481922
Tzeentch is busy fighting the other gods for control of the warp/chaos realm/eye of chaos/who gives a shti

It's the same hook they use in 40k all the time "THE CHAOS ARE SO STRONG BUT THEY ARE BUSY FIGHTING LOL"
>>
>>43482030
Latest fluff says that the Chaos Gods are uniting again and are summoning Archaon from his vacation spot to address the Stormcast threat.

Archaon is gathering the forces of Chaos again under his banner. So a countdown timer has begun for the Forces of Order, If they don't achieve their objectives before Archaon unites the forces of Chaos and marches again across the realms, then it's going to be the Age of Chaos 2.

Archaon's first target is the Realm of Death. There is where the Fist of Everchoen going to descend
>>
>>43482018
>enemies
Nope, the book said "enemy"
And the only enemy mentioned there was chaos.
>>
>>43481922
>bla bla bla chaos
Shut up, that's older fluff
>>
>>43482494
Nope.
>>
>>43482529
but what about kisev
>>
>>43482529
>Nope
Yep :^)
Or you could post a more recent source that disproves seraphon planning ahead of their enemy
>>
>>43482848
They lost the battle for Allpoint with the rest of the Forces of Order. If they can outplan Chaos, then why haven't they foresaw Nagash's treachery which was implied to have been orchestrated by the Chaos Gods? Why haven't they warned Sigmar about Tzeentch's ruse in the final battle?

Then we have an event where the Seraphon ally with Orruks against a Bloodbound army. Both Orruks and Seraphon got massacred. Surely they could have outplanned Khornates of all people?
>>
>>43482947
>posting actual spoilers without a spoiler tag

Thanks for fucking ruining it, you stupid goddamn shit fucking cunt
>>
>>43482966
What spoilers? Spoilers for what? This is fluff from months ago.
>>
How do you pronounce grail reliquae?
>>
>>43482993
>book that's less than a month old = months ago

kek
>>
>>43483068

Age of Sigmar book release date (18/07/2015). Yep months ago.

These events were present in the first book.
>>
>>43482947
Because it was all just as planned.
>>
>>43483123
Losing the all points was NOT IN THE FIRST BOOK
>>
>>43483162
What?

The allpoint war was fully explained in the first book. Download the book and Ctfl-F and type Allpoint.
>>
>>43480936
>you're not really welcome in /whfb/ threads.
Does these threads exist?
>>
>>43483364
yeah they pop up from time to time, they're more active than kow, less active than aos

but aos is a dead game
>>
>>43483559
Disagree about dead game, but looks like GW just needed higher than WHFB sales no matter how much.
>>
My starter box is allegedly arriving today.
Should only be about 2.5 hours till it gets here.
If I take a nap it would get here much quicker.
>>
>>43483585
it was a joke, aosg is one of the most active generals on tg
>>
>>43483611
I've had my two starter boxes for months
>>
>>43483664
why two?
>>
>>43483735
I'm guessing it's so he can have enough of one of the forces to make a larger army. My friend bought 2 boxes and sold the eternals to other guys so he could have a lot of khorne models.

the box set, especially when you buy it cheaper, is actually a pretty good deal for bolstering your forces
>>
>>43483653
Do not mistake movement with life.
>>
>>43483952
>still cant admit AoS isnt dead
>>
>>43484065
and they call US in denial
>>
File: 1401615785403.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1401615785403.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
People on ebay are selling assembled but unpainted Blightkings for ÂŁ44 inc p&p.
>>
>>43484417
>propainted

Technically unpainted is better than most "pro-painted"
>>
>>43483735
More models, I wanted 10 blood warriors (I gave one a glaive that I had lying around from knights, it's not a stupid double bladed Klingon sword but it's an actual glaive) and more stormcast for cheap

I'm not about to pay $50 for five guys with shields.

For the number of just stuff you get the starterkit is great value.

I picked up one box of prosecutors and an upgrade set to give all my guys special weapons and shields since prosecutors with shields are infinitely better than dual wielding hammers.

Lord C on the D is a great model for just painting and showing off in general, and he's cool to play with.

I wanted two bloodsecrators anyways, especially with all the bloodreavers.

Basically I just wanted twice as many models so I bought two starter boxes. I'm going to paint some of the bloodreavers with blue skin and stuff, frost zombies ahoy.
>>
>>43484417
You want to see some shit? Not AoS I know, but
>huge ass discussion about paying more than retail for second hand shit
>basically everyone saying they wouldn't because they're just going to strip everything down and paint it how they want anyway, so nice paintjobs really are worthless
>a few days later this shit pops up
>"hey this shit's totally worth $800 right even though you're only getting 30 fucking marines"

I mean who seriously wants to pay extra for a paintjob they didn't commission? Who wants to field Scouts and Termies in measly squads of 5? You can't even make two 10-man Tac Squads out of this shit, it's all just filled with vehicles. It's like that "Catachan" army I saw some time ago that was filled with vehicles. For a fucking "Catachan" army. Moral of the story is that people are dumb.
>>
File: DA2.jpg (66 KB, 492x623) Image search: [Google]
DA2.jpg
66 KB, 492x623
>>43484783
And I forgot my pic.
>>
>>43484417
link for proof
>>
File: 99800299006_PegasusNEW01.jpg (25 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99800299006_PegasusNEW01.jpg
25 KB, 600x620
For what purpose does GW sell this?
Is it just for conversions? I've never seen one using it
>>
>>43484889
because it's a monster you can field
>>
>>43484931
It doesn't appear in the Bretonnia compendium (the army for which it is sold)
>>
>>43484065
>still blind to what's the content of the thread
>>
>>43483840
>>43484670
Cool.
Makes sense to me.
We got ours for $70 off Amazon
>>
>>43484843
Sorry for the long arse links

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-PLASTIC-CHAOS-NURGLE-PLUGUE-BLIGHT-KINGS-BLIGHTKINGS-UNPAINTED-263-/381355859619?hash=item58ca949ea3:g:y90AAOSwLVZVxRQK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-PLASTIC-CHAOS-NURGLE-PLUGUE-BLIGHT-KINGS-BLIGHTKINGS-UNPAINTED-393-/151772137323?hash=item235653076b:g:hzoAAOSwu4BVxRV~
>>
>>43485059
>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-PLASTIC-CHAOS-NURGLE-PLUGUE-BLIGHT-KINGS-BLIGHTKINGS-UNPAINTED-393-/151772137323?hash=item235653076b:g:hzoAAOSwu4BVxRV~
CONDITION: GOOD - ONE WEAPON IS SNAPPED SEE PICS
>>
File: $_57.jpg (290 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
290 KB, 1600x1200
>>43485059
75€ total
base mini is worth 32
>>
>>43485167
Hairs and glue and mould lines oh my!
>>
>>43484889
It was for conversions and because you could field many unmounted beasts with storm of magic.
>>
>>43480734
this is the biggest collection I've found online:

http://imgur.com/a/A3iFC

Guys, I gotta a box of ScE Paladins on the way for $35 w/ shipping to keep my Dwarfs company /stoked
>>
>>43465833
>doesn't even bother to wear a full robe anymore

Next version is going to be naked, isn't it?
>>
>>43466110
Hey man, what about option D) Play both Age of Sigmar, 40k and KoW using the same models?
>>
>>43485567
ooh this one is pretty good. im saving all these and put them in with all my other warhams screensaver art
>>
>>43465952
Unlikely things with joke rules means they re gone form the lore by the looks of it
>>
>>43466174
>>43466264
Those are nice descriptions, but to some people its sounds like terrible vertigo.

Fun is relative, and unexplainable.
>>
File: 1437997573090.jpg (38 KB, 526x522) Image search: [Google]
1437997573090.jpg
38 KB, 526x522
>>43465833
You guys do realize that the only reason you think "all units are viable now" is because they don't have any point costs anymore, right?
>>
>>43489450

I know right? I mean fun is just a buzzword >>43466049
>>
>>43466969
Tzeentch finds the skaven useful since they're so easy to bait and temp

Khorne doesn't seem to care much
>>
File: 1437950156732.png (24 KB, 90x119) Image search: [Google]
1437950156732.png
24 KB, 90x119
>>43489624
No, seriously, AoS is fun and all, but the argument that "all units are viable now" when there are no restrictions on what to take makes no sense...
>>
File: 1446151719310.jpg (37 KB, 636x197) Image search: [Google]
1446151719310.jpg
37 KB, 636x197
>>43489665
There has been one mad bastard of a skaven who seemed to be going khornate. To be honest they kind of fit all the chaos gods except for slaanesh, unless you interpret "excess" as meaning "an excess of fucking rats".
>>
>>43489780

Are you forgetting the black hunger thing they have going? I'd call that an example of excess.
>>
>>43489858
True dat.
>>
>>43489767
>the argument that "all units are viable now" when there are no restrictions on what to take makes no sense...

The sense is that because Toughness doesn't exist and there are thing that can bypass saves (mortal wounds), and not a lot of "normal" models are packing what would be the equivalent of a backup 6+ save or "ward save" on top of their normal, that it is easier to get offensive potential out of all models.

Whereas before a Grot or a Snotling might not normally even be able to hit or damage Nagash, as of right now all that's standing between the average model and doing damage to him is getting past his 3+ save. Of course he has a shitload of wounds (16) and an ability that blocks Mortal Wounds on a 4+ (and reflects them on a 6), and he can drain souls to heal...so there's that, but that's also why he's one of the strongest models you can drop on the table right now.

None of that stops a unit with a decent number of attacks and a rending value (ie: Retributors) dropping his normal save and just punishing him with a ton of rending attacks until he croaks. There are other things that get around his abilities too. Skarbrand randomly does 8 un-savable wounds on his target when he rolls for Total Carnage, but there again you're talking about a super-heavy hero class monster model.
>>
>>43490075
Thing is, if there had been no point costs in whfb, then the situation would have been exactly the same. All units would be "viable".

I think it's more a thing of perception. Back in whfb there were units which were meant to not be very strong, such as goblins. Now with aos even the units that aren't meant to be very strong are still not that bad. What should be a unit that has 6+/6+ weapons usually has 5+/5+ or 4+/6+.

In any case, if the game had point costs then we could start talking about actual viability as we would have restrictions to compare units by. The way it works right now however nothing is really "better" than anything else since you can make up for it with infinite numbers of models.
>>
>>43490267
there you guys go again, comparing this game to whfb, dont fucking do that. the sooner you stop doing that the sooner you start getting buttmad about it

just because points were a thing in whfb, means jack shit about anything in aos.
>>
Fuck....
two day priority ordered friday.
Amazon said tues, Usps said thurs....doorstep says "denied"
Maybe tomorrow.
>>
>>43490075
Yeah that doesn't mean all units are viable, based entirely on the maximum amount of models you can deploy in the amount of table space you get there are better choices than others.
Ogres are all good and require specialized restrictions, things that shit mortal wounds like executioners and warlocks are better than things which do not.

Huge center piece bricks like the tomb kings land raider or nagash are the best.
>>
>>43482018

Orcs and Undead haven't been mentioned as being among the Seraphon's enemies.
>>
>>43493155
oh thank god, finally updated.
It's in town will be here tomorrow.
Starter kit for $70.
so fucking stoked.
>>
File: 1392632777035.jpg (216 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1392632777035.jpg
216 KB, 1080x1080
My biggest concern is how big are they going to change up the armies?

Say dwarves. I like their aesthetic and I'm down for a bit of change. But with this new setting and shit like the sigmarines. How fucked are the older races for those that love their current aesthetic?
>>
Out of curiosity, has a consensus been reached regarding Age of Sigmar? It seemed that /tg/ absolutely hated the game originally but now not a day goes without a new AOS Gen.
>>
>>43494338
I doubt you will be getting much change for the Duardin. I am sure they will still have a grim resolve, a deepset love of gold, and a driving desire to fulfill grudges.

And at best you can expect a battletome with a bunch of repacks. The following kits I imagine will be included in the repacks:

ironbreaker/irondrakes
longbeards/hammerers (perhaps the longbeards will get a name change, and lose the 'silly' rule)
gyrocopter/gyrobomber
thunderers/quarrelers
warriors
organ gun/cannon
miners
dragon slayer (renamed into fyreslayer hero)
belegar ironhammer (renamed into just a lord)
grimm burloksson (renamed into just an engineer)
runelord
thane with army battle standard

Expect to just lose some of the following:
bolt thrower
dwarf adventurers
grudge thrower
thorek ironbrow
high king thorgrim grudgebearer
slayers (to be done in the different release later of fyreslayers)
flame cannon
dwarf lord on shieldbearers
drunken dwarfs
ungrim ironfist
joseph bugman
the metal lords, engineer, slayers
>>
>>43494529
outside of this general the consensus is pretty much negative, within it the consensus is mostly positive

/tg/ although you can expect an overall negative view on it, like on whineseer where its very diffifcult to find supporters out of fear of public embarassment

there are other places you can go where you will find a large number of supporters and active discussions. I am part of a facebook group that has about 1800 members and is extremely active in discussing AoS

it just depends on where you go. apparently it has considered to have 'failed' in the US, which is not that bad because whfb was never really big in the US anyway, but in the UK it has actually got quite a following
>>
File: Karl FUCKING Franz.jpg (263 KB, 800x622) Image search: [Google]
Karl FUCKING Franz.jpg
263 KB, 800x622
>>43494529
>Out of curiosity, has a consensus been reached regarding Age of Sigmar? It seemed that /tg/ absolutely hated the game originally but now not a day goes without a new AOS Gen.

Consider that Fantasy to begin with was on the downswing. There wasn't a long way to fall. It seemed like a big hurdle to me 5 years ago looking at the cash investment to get started, so I started with WM/H.

I actually tallied up some shit today after I had been putting together my AOS starter - just out of curiosity to see how much I had dumped into other minis over the years.

Over the last 5 years I have spent approximately $4500 on Minis, roughly $75 a month, or $2.50 a day. That's pretty much equivilent to a Starbucks fetish or a smoking habit - or what some people pay for extended cable (which I disconnected a long time ago).

The vast majority of that money has gone to Privateer Press. I've played Warma for 5 years. 5 Years of exacting rules, getting out laser pointers to check LOS, dealing with the same handful of Steamroller scenarios, broken theme lists that give free points out like candy and encourage purchases of multiple copies of the same model 3,4, or even 8 times.

AOS got me interested in Fantasy because the models are amazing. I can't count the number of hours I've spent carving off restic mold lines from PP models. Sprue-based hard plastic is a fucking godsend, and the detail on some of these models puts some of PP's best shit to shame. I would trade my Stormwall for Nagash, Karl Franz on Deathclaw, the Prime Celestant, or a number of other amazing centerpiece models any day. I'm sure they'd probably fit together ten times easier than a PP Colo would too, and with less mandatory pinning involved.

AOS got me to switch and give GW my money (besides for paint, because I learned to paint with Citadel stuff and never tried the others). Considering the dollars I've dumped on PP in the last 5 years and how committed I was - I'd say that counts as a success.
>>
File: EXTREMELY QUICKLY.png (183 KB, 704x636) Image search: [Google]
EXTREMELY QUICKLY.png
183 KB, 704x636
who here is being incinerated extremely quickly
>>
>>43496227
Switching from warmahordes to a GW game is not common but not unheard of. I have a buddy who switched from warmahordes to 40k. It's funny because he said the more he plays 40k, the less he likes warmahordes.

I think it mostly has to do with what he has seen of the player base, being hypercompetitive and a game that pushes that. He played Ret and did pretty good from what I understood, so it wasn't a case of 'always losing' syndrome, he just liked a more narrative driven game.

He's not interested in AoS though.
>>
>>43494609
Actually, Facebook group(shown identity), and 4chan(anon image broad) are mostly positive to AoS. Other forum just can't get over the loss of WHFB, and their members just keep moaning since they have no where to kill their time.
>>
File: aow29_p1.jpg (118 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
aow29_p1.jpg
118 KB, 800x600
Just got this bad boy for my contingent of Slayers, bringing a grand total of 40 slayers plus the new Dragonslayer! Is there any place where I could find some miniatures or least some bits for conversion to make some doom seekers? Or possibly some more dwarf minis that would fit aesthetically into a slayer army?
>>
How badly does not taking a slann cripple lizards? I dont really want to play summoning and Im wondering if they army is built around it.
>>
>>43498050
Now they have a choice of skink wizards (including one in plastic) I'd say not that much, they probably work as well as any other army. Rocking up without a wizard isn't a good idea, though.

>>43496276
The webstore team seems to consider themselves amateur poets at times, I remember space marine devastators having a really weird description when they first came out.
>>
>>43497690
>Actually, Facebook group(shown identity), and 4chan(anon image broad) are mostly positive to AoS
Of course that groups about AoS are positive towards AoS, what are you expecting to find?
Also I don't think 4chan is positive about the game, the amount of trolling and discrimination it gets was proof of it, the absence of it at this exact moment doesn't prove the absence of the sentiment.

To see if AoS is actually popular we'll have to wait for sales data of AoS only materials.
>>
>>43496227
>the company which spent more money developing model production produces better models

It's like you think we buy the models because we have brain damage or something.

Welcome to the hobby, I hope you enjoy your stay
>>
>>43500144
reminder that this is bait, ignore bait

I'm painting up two blood reavers and some marauders and stuff.

I'll be using the figures in frostgrave, but I'm also painting up some nightgoblins for some monster hunter scenarios like what warhammer world is doing.

Also for all the "worried about how armies will change" nonsense, we've seen that GW are too lazy to scrap warriors of chaos which are just dudes in armour so pretty much every generic fantasy design is safe.

Also molds are expensive so expect models to be unchanged.
>>
>>43500192
I dunno. Stuff like chaos warriors and orks have been in artwork looking like their current models so it's probably a safe bet they'll stay the same. But some other stuff (elves, dwarfs apart from slayers, human armies of azyrheim) has been very purposefully kept under wraps so it's hard to say.

Personally I think newer models (new wood elf infantry, new dark elves, new ironbreakers/drakes & hammerers/longbeards) will stay but older stuff (high elf infantry, old dwarf warriors and thunderers/quarrellers). Especially the dwarfs, currently their miniatures range looks like two different armies with the differences between old and new stuff.
>>
>>43500269
Hopefully they won't re-box the old crappy kits. That will be the sign to look for.
>>
>>43500496
Define old and crappy, because my night goblins are still killer despite how old they are
>>
Lizardmen vs chaos campaign coming

Guess who's also coming?
>>
>>43498780
I mean discuss in positive manner, /tg/ have a lot of troll, shitposter, hater. However, unlike whineseer, dakka, no one trying to 'convert' the board into echo chamber to support or anti-AoS.

I mentioned Facebook group, because I dare to say that, not a single anti-AoS crowd will dare to start a whinefest with their identity show to public. :|

And about the sales data, there are a anti-AoS said that, he will start a new wave of whinefest to twist about the sales data no matter AoS success or not.

You get the meaning of 'positive'?

>>43500269
Friendly reminder, goblin/grot have zero artwork too, but seem that no one care about da tiny evil race.
>>
>>43500628
>no slaaneshi head
>no horse drorgar
>shitty angles everywhere

I hope they don't scrap the old model...
>>
>>43500675
>>43500628

OMFG!!!
>>
>>43500675
>>
>>43500797
Oh well, who wants to bet on the number of seraphon deaths used as jobbers to build up archaon and the stormcast?
carnac is going to love everything about that I bet, won't you?
>>
>>43500675
At least the symbol of slaanesh is on the shield
>>
>>43500499
To be fair, there are some old kits that aged extremely well. Zombies, marauders, night goblins, some of the empire stuff. The same cannot be said for a lot of the other kits.
>>
Sooo...the slaaneshi head is shoved in archaon's butt?
>>
>>43484889
In old editions, High Elves could use it as a mount.

But unicorns and pegusii are for poofs, so GW ditched it.
>>
File: Archaon_and_the_End_Times.png (381 KB, 298x442) Image search: [Google]
Archaon_and_the_End_Times.png
381 KB, 298x442
>>43500828
Steady my black heart. Finally over liege have returned.

Let all tremble before Archaon Eeverchosen, THE NEVERMORE!
>>
>>43500675
>Daemon

Archaon is a daemon now? The fuck?
>>
>>43501286
Everything is a daemon.
Even the grass.
>>
>>43500828
>>43500797
>>43500628
Looks like it was designed by an edgy teen.
>I'll give him the biggest sword and the biggest horns and the biggest mount and the biggest dick and it will have a bit of every chaos god on it
>on both mount and dick
>>
>>43500628
>>43500675
>>43500828
I don't see anything belonging to the Great Horned Rat.
>>
File: gagging Hornby.gif (2 MB, 270x259) Image search: [Google]
gagging Hornby.gif
2 MB, 270x259
>>43466325
>aelves
>>
>>43500675
>censoring free on release rules
The fuck?
>>
>>43501525
Lets be real here.

No matter how they redesigned him, you would still call him edgy.
>>
>>43500675
wtf, what's with the white boxes?
>>
>>43501286
The mount is without doubt a demon and the warscroll is forma both
>>
>>43501525
you are perhaps unfamiliar with GW's design aesthetic?
>>
>>43501544
archaon doesn't respect the skaven or the horned rat, so of course he'd leave his stuff out.
>>
File: Coffee5.gif (675 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Coffee5.gif
675 KB, 480x270
>>43501654

>T W E N T Y W O U N D S
>>
>>43500650
The Thing is if I would have been invested into WHF im pretty sure I would have hated the game as well...that being said I will wait until orks get a proper release, might buy into it then.
>>
>>43502115
The thing is I was invested in whfb too and even I think AoS was an improvement. Sure I'm sad to see the old world go, but at least they gave it a send off.
>>
>>43501544
You also didn't see the fluff.
>>
>>43502225
>they gave it a send off.
It was more a fuck off.
What faction do you play?
>>
>>43502397
Nope. A send off is a long story campaign with several model releases.

A fuck off would have been none of that. With no end time stuff and suddenly getting AoS with no explanation to what happened in the old world.

Face it, for ending the old world they did it in a pretty fucking spectacular manner.

I played dwarfs and tomb kings
>>
>>43501544
>>43500628
Yeah, that's the slaanesh symbol on his shield.
>>
>>43502470
>Nope. A send off is a long story campaign with several model releases.
in fact, only chaos and skaven had a proper send off, undead too a bit, the rest was shat on indiscriminately, it was an unilateral and anticlimatic end for everything since the very start, the only nice things were bittersweet at best and immediately shattered a few moments later at worst.
>>
>>43502941

Dark Elves technically got their release early.

Apparently everything related to Khaine was originally planned to come out with the book.
>>
>>43500797
>>43500828

bland paint scheme

he is all black

why isnt him and his steed more differenter to contrast the color
>>
>>43500628
Does that mean we get a Chaos Undivided army?
>>
>>43500797
>>43500828
Is it angry cause it is fat..?
>>
>>43500797
>>43500828

The age of giant, shitty looking models

So glad fantasy died for this
>>
>>43503449
Probably, or may be just black becomes default Chaos color, like in 40k (Black Legion).
>>
>>43503509
It's because he lost his pony.
>>
Holy fuck Bretonnians are so hard to paint.

Somebody please kill me.
>>
>>43502941
You'll bitch about anything. The end times were epic all around. It wasn't the good happy ending like everyone was hoping for, but a fitting end for the setting. You're just salty over your precious little whatever not existing anymore that you couldn't see things for where they were headed anyway. But it's ok. It's not your fault you have shit taste.
>>
>>43505589
Ok, anon, I love AoS, it honestly pulled me into fantasy, hell I was done with games workshop in general. 40k is something I hate now.

The end times was shit, a lot of races got completely ignored while chaos got a bunch of mary sue center piece models.

End times was bad, and it was ended too soon imo, they should've let AoS sit for a bit longer.

I get that they wanted to push this out and use HH to justify overall huge sales increase while they monitor fantasy's return but it's kind of shitty that they sold expensive hard cover books that didn't give everything a proper send off before retiring the old world.
>>
>>43505589
Firstly, stop projecting.

Secondly
>The end times were epic all around.
They were pathetic, not epic.
There was no struggle, it was like watching a man dying of suffocation.
>>
>>43505993

Then you're a potato
>>
>>43505589
>It wasn't the good happy ending like everyone was hoping for
NONE wanted the good happy ending, what people wanted was a big brawl between all of the factions giving their best, instead we got capeshit and chaos being the only active player.
>>
>>43505589
Just shut up, carnac; it was shit.
>>
>>43505993

>a lot of races got completely ignored

Which goes to show that when push comes to shove, some of the armies in Fantasy were simply more important than others.

Chaos was the big bad of Fantasy and was always the big bad. To complain about it getting models in an event where it is one of the stars is asinine.

>>43506561

>NONE wanted the good happy ending

lmao, there were plenty of people hoping this was going to end in an anti-climatic fashion of the forces of Order banding together and managing to push Chaos back and thus shit on everything that was written in the End Times books themselves.
>>
I think we all knew Chaos was coming out on top during the end times as soon as it started if anyone remembers the Storm of Magic debacle.

In Storm of Magic, chaos wasn't winning, and GW couldn't have that. So the whole thing got retconned and they went to try again, this time not allowing players to determine the outcome.

And here we have chaosfags bitch about how 'powerfull fluffwise' the stormcast eternals and seraphon are. The tears are so delicious.
>>
>Archaon
>Honoring the disgrace Slaanesh

If Archaon hates weakness, then why does he still honor Slaanesh?
>>
>>43507412
because this model is also getting 40k rules on release?
>>
>>43507516

There is very little chance.
>>
>>43507254
>there were plenty of people hoping this was going to end in an anti-climatic fashion
You must have been blinded by the chaos wanking to get what people were saying.

But then again
>carnac
>getting something
>>
>>43488665
Then why have all Lizardmen's special characters bar Kroak have gone? They didn't have a single joke rule in their entire warscroll.

Which could mean a few things:

1. Lizardmen are SERIOUS BUSINESS
2. Lizardmen have no personality and thus makes no sense for gimmicky rules
3. You're an idiot and not only wrong about that, but the fact the gimmick rules were stated by GW to be a "send off" for the fans.
>>
>>43507545

Carnac is one of the first fucking things that has happened to Warhammer discussion on /tg/, it has become an excuse to not attempt a counter argument.

I heard some people saying they wanted some big fight at the end between all the armies, but that has nothing to do with the fact that there were also people who liked a stagnant setting and saw a cookie cutter victory of good versus evil as the way of maintaining it.
>>
>>43507545
Dude, I just got here from Warhammer 40K general.

Currently, I am waiting for the Lizardmen battletome to be available for download. I don't have time to argue with you about something so obvious. That anon is not me. Now engage him in proper discussion like a gentleman.
>>
>>43506506
>There was no struggle, it was like watching a man dying of suffocation.

Good analogy for WHFB itself then, huh?
>>
>>43507617
Speaking for myself, The End Times was good and all but End Times Archaon is where things got sour. The whole destroying the world via Old One MacGuffin sucked balls. Also Archaon don't nothing except babysit the device until it was ready sucked even more.
>>
>>43507786
doing nothing*
>>
>>43507786

Archaon was possibly one of the weaker of the five books.

I think GW really tried the ball with Archaon as a whole too since you really never got much of an insight into why he wanted to destroy the Fantasy world, unlike Abaddon.

The End Times really would have benefited from being longer than five books, but things are what they are.
>>
>>43501654
>same gear
>same Abilities
>still a Wizard
>same Command Trait
>a ton of extra attacks
>self heal
>20 fucking wounds
>barely gets any worse until 13 wounds taken
>whatever the Tzeentchian head and The Everchosen do on top of all that

Thank god the model looks way shittier than his old one.
>>
>>43507857
>an insight into why he wanted to destroy the Fantasy world,

Because Sigmar was a lie?
>>
>>43507990

Yeah there is the whole thing about deciding that the gods are lies, but that doesn't entirely explain why he instead devoted himself to Chaos.

Archaon feels like he was created solely to fill the role of a united Chaos figure, rather than being his own character that also happens to fill that role.
>>
>>43507857
>ET: Nagash
Really good.
>ET: Glottkin
Still pretty good.
>ET: Khaine
Unintentionally hilarious, but poorly thought out.
>ET: Thanquol
Boring filler.
>ET: Archaon
"Shit son, what are you doing"-tier.

If one didn't read the, admittedly fairly decent, novel, Archaon is a bland generic doomsday villain that needed to rely heavily on offscreen action to get anything done. They really should have brought him during Glottkin at the latest in a *big* role and expanded on his character, motivation and skills.

And now he rides a stupid-looking manticore-man while wearing a suit of armor that looks way worse than his old one. Great. Way to go, Everchosen.
>>
STARTER KIT FINALLY SHOWED UP,
PUTTING IT TOGETHER NOW!
FUCK YEAH!
>>
>>43508166
Sigmarines for the Sigmarmine Throne!
>>
honest question. Why would I play Age of Sigmar over Wrath of kings? I don't play either but I am looking for a fantasy miniatures game
>>
>>43503790
8th edition was nothing bug huge models and monstes. With AoS you can at least bring your rank and file troops again and have them being useful.
>>
>>43508068
It was because he tried to find a way of defeating Chaos and instead found out that Sigmar had become part of Chaos himself. Sigmar became Lore of Heavens, which is a Magic Lore, since all Magic came from Chaos, then Sigmar was just as Chaosy as Chaos. Sigmar also "left him" and Chaos was a tangible and communicable force. What's better? A god you're told is a god and that's all you get? Or a god you can actively talk to and get perks from?

Sigmar himself says "Archaon you could have wiped Chaos from this land forever, instead you got TRICKED and have ended it all, cunt."

>>43508080
Nagash was brilliant. Glottkin was great too, as Empire was getting it's shit kicked in and I was like "Whoa, this isn't normal GW fare". Khaine was good as well, I think it was a good plot device of "Malekith was rightfully the King after all", but maybe that's cause I hated haughty High Elves. Thanquol wasn't boring filler, at least not for me. It explained lots of shit such as "Where are the Lizrdmen?" "What are the Skaven doing?" and so on, plus you see the Skaven bowing to Chaos and Skreetch moving Skavenblight away. I think it was good. Archaon was good bar the whole McGuffin plot. Mannfred being a dick, the back-stabbing of Lileath, the Bretonnians getting depressed and all that jazz was great, but it was completely ruined by Archaon being a lazy nigger.

Could it have been done better? Sure. But I enjoyed the ride until the last bit.
>>
>>43508363
>not noticing bait

t. Master Baiter Detector, PhD, Masters, Esquire.
>>
>>43508363
You must have messed up with the editions, or not played 8th.

8th was all about big blocks of infantry and shit monsters, AoS is all about more big monsters and less infantry.
>>
>>43508437
Actually, he's right. Every faction ended up with big monsters, when big monsters had been the Elves and Lizardmens area.

>Beastmen
Ghorgon and Jabbersclythe and Cygor

>Daemons
Soul Grinders, Chariots of Khorne + Tzeentch + Skull Cannon of Khorne + Herald on Jugger

>Dark Elves
Cauldron of Blood, Bloodwrack Shrine, New War Hydra and Kharibdyss and Black Dragon

>Dwarfs
Only ones not to get monsters as new kits.

>High Elves
Dragons, Phoenixes, Seacutters

>Ogres
Stonehorn and Thundertusk

>Orcs and Goblins
Arachnarok Spider

>Lizardmen
Troglodon, New Carnosaur, Bastildon

>Skaven
Multiple Verminlords, New Boneripper model and if you want to count it, Abomination.

>The Empire
Griffin, Deathclaw, Celestal Hurricanum, Luminark of Shyish

>Tomb Kings
Necrosphinx and Warsphinx

>Vampire Counts
Zombie Dragon, Terrorgiest and if you want.. Nagash, Neferita, Mannfred, Arkhan

>Wood Elves
Treelord

And that's just 8th edition new kits.
>>
>looking on AoS factions tabe
>Khorne Bloodbound

Okay, fair enough

>Nurgle Rotbringers

So, Nurgle Rotbringers is going to be the next AoS Wartome? Or is it going to be "Warriors of Chaos"?
>>
>>43508726
Probably warriors. Rotbringers didn't have a tome yet, but both they and sylvaneth and pestilens were made "own factions" and had a lot of fluff.
>>
File: image.png (425 KB, 605x487) Image search: [Google]
image.png
425 KB, 605x487
>>43500628
>MFW
Come on, GW, let us win this. Archaon needs to be taken down a notch or two anyway.
>>
>>43508405
You're fanwanking again. Embodying a magic lore doesn't mean a character embodies chaos. Otherwise all wizards serve chaos, on the basis that their power comes from the winds of magic. Similarly in 40k psychic powers come from the warp but that doesn't mean everyone using psychic powers (including grey knights. for crying out loud) is helping chaos.

Also, just so you know Carnac, traditionally quotation marks are used for actual quotations. Not your interpretations. Unless you can supply a GW quote that uses the word "cunt", of course.
>>
>>43509271
Don't get your hopes up. They'll job to show how important he is, especially now that they have no territory or lives to lose.
>>
>>43509320
>>43509320
But that also means the lizards have nothing to lose. Besides maybe the Slaan. They can go all out now.
>>
>>43509345
Just don't be surprised when all that means is they can be mowed down without consequence.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.