[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about armor for a while? In this game, this character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: fish wife.png (2 MB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
fish wife.png
2 MB, 900x1350
Can we talk about armor for a while?

In this game, this character has a helmet until a certain point in the game, and what seemed to be the helmet's red ornament/plume turned out to be her ponytail poking out of a hole in the helmet.

In terms of realism or at least common sense, would it hinder her in any way in battle? I wanted to add something similar to this to my knights.

Main concern would be enemies pulling it or it getting in the way or field of vision, but I wouldn't know.
>>
Sure, why not? Its your game/story.
>>
>In terms of realism or at least common sense,

You already abandoned that. Why bring back the chains you threw away?
>>
>>43464948
Dam Undyne is much more sexy in her armor.
>>
>>43464948
Undyne is more sexy in her armor anyway. Also HAir pulling can only be achieved if they get close to her. I think her weapon choice, a spear, would pretty much make her keep people far from her.
>>
In terms of realism? It sure as shit would. Having a huge fucking ponytail trailing behind you is basically screaming "GRAB ME! PULL MY HEAD DOWN AND FUCKING MURDER ME!" to everyone. There's a reason people who are expecting to fight try to get rid of all loose, hanging things on themselves and either tie their hair down or cut it shirt.

Plumes were usually small and rather stiff, or something that would more likely be pulled off the helmet than pull the helmet if someone grabbed them. And if that plume is actually literally attached to your head, you're gonna have a really shitty time. If we're talking about hair anywhere near that length, it might actually start getting in your way as well.

Realistically, it's a shitty fucking idea and has literally cost people their lives. Stylistically, it's all good.
>>
>>43464948
I actually thought it was ridiculous too, until I went to an exhibit at a museum in Boston and found out that it actually wasn't uncommon practice for Samurai helmets to have openings for the wearer's hair to pass through and for a "plume"
>>
>>43465050

It also wasn't unknown to wear samurai helmets of ridiculous sizes, with crests so large that they could have been used as ad space during battles. Doesn't mean they were meant for actual combat.
>>
File: kuroda-nagamasa.jpg (29 KB, 413x600) Image search: [Google]
kuroda-nagamasa.jpg
29 KB, 413x600
>>43465077
You talking shit about my helmet, motherfucker? Get over here and let's see you say that to my face!

(Please don't get over here I can't turn my head without falling over oh god why did I think this was a good idea)
>>
>>43464948
Realistically they would have cut their hair short for long adventures for sanitary reasons as it tends to get in the eyes or drapping on the face making infrequent washing worse and leading to pink eye along with it just being in the way. In a fight its a hindrance in that it gets into the eyes and if long enough be grabbed and yanked. I recall some guy made a helmet which was more of cone to make a cavity for his hair but it kept falling forward since all that kept it tight was this band of cloth he rolled then wrapped around his temple for a perfect fit.
>>
>>43465077
I thought they WERE ad space. Just for them though.
"HEY! I recognize those horns and feather! Fucking takashi shindo! I'mma stab that bit-did he just flick me off?!?!"
>>
>>43464948
>In terms of realism or at least common sense, would it hinder her in any way in battle?

1. It might get in her vision, but that's generally solved by rule-of-cool saying "you can still see fine."

2. If someone gets close enough to a spear user to grapple them, the spear user has bigger problems. Mechanically, I don't think there is a system where "grab by hair" and "grab body" are different, it's still just a grapple check.

Any of these things are only a problem if you let them be, or if you play with autists who insist that since something can possible be a problem that it is. If you do, then find new people to play with.
>>
>>43464948
What a cool picture, but...where did her nose go?
>>
>>43465485
undyne's a fish monster
>>
File: 1445036738535.jpg (45 KB, 421x960) Image search: [Google]
1445036738535.jpg
45 KB, 421x960
>>43464976

Curiosity, seeing if realism adds something to the concept etc...

>>43465028

If that was true there'd be no plumed helmets nor weird helmet ornamentation during eras when close range melee fighting was common.
>>
>>43464976
just wanna check if certain concepts could work in more realistic situations

>>43465581
i can picture that knight with a "we demand to be taken seriously" sign for some reason
>>
>>43465512
it's as real as you want to make it.
>>
>>43465512
>>43464948
You know, that brings up an odd question. Are we sure that is hair and not some form of fin or the like instead? Similar to how fighting fish grow longer fins so they can show how they triumph over other suitors?
>>
>>43465854
I don't think it's possible to know. Monsters in that game are literally made of magic.
>>
File: hmmmmmmmm.jpg (23 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmmmm.jpg
23 KB, 500x414
>>43465854
i don't think biology applies to them, monsters are made of magic and dust
there's a chubby skeleton guy

CHUBBY
SKELETON
>>
>>43465512
Would still cuddle with her.
>>
>>43465953
S-shut up, I'm just big boned!
>>
>>43465953
>>43465896
Made of magic and biological impossibility I give you, but which one would you give a species of fish people if you were making one? Hell, would you make it a point of honor for them to display it as a form of showing off their history of battle, keeping their hair or frill free of harm no matter how heated a battle? Maybe make it akin to a show of battle prowess to others of their kind that they can go in with something so big and come out with it unmarred?
>>
File: Kyoko.png (445 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Kyoko.png
445 KB, 600x600
>>43465512
>>43464948
Undyne is pretty much a copypasted western version Kyoko with added fishlips.
>>
>>43465581
Why is that knight being attacked by a fish?
>>
>>43468143
canon Kyoubro doesn't wear eyepatch
also she's part fish and wears heavier armour

you could say she's lovechild of
Kyouko and Sayaka
>>
File: 1445417236827.jpg (61 KB, 666x632) Image search: [Google]
1445417236827.jpg
61 KB, 666x632
>>43468143
>>43468323
>mfw i realize undyne if the bastard child of Kyoko, Asuka and a fish.
>>
>>43468323
She also shares some parallels with Shirou. Her DETERMINATION echoes Avalon.
>>
>>43465953
He's not chubby he just wears a big puffer coat.

And he's PISSING ME THE FUCK OFF.
>>
>>43468652
You brought it on yourself!
Also remember to accept his Mercy for alternate endings.
>>
>>43468708
I know. I've just about got his ass though.
I just watched Joel geeeeetttt dunked on. Even through hating myself as much as I did, it never did occur to me to try to spare him. It was the path that I chose.
>>
>>43468754
That was fun.
And yea, there's not really much point to it.
>>
>>43468808
So whose death fucked you up the most? Undine's No Mercy death hit me pretty hard, as did Papyrus's Genocide one. Tsunderplane's was really tough on me as well, as was Ms Muffet's (that spider with the flower).

Maybe I should've done the pacifist run first. I don't know if it would've made it hit softer or harder.
>>
>>43465581
I've always thought that was some Bretonnia artwork.
>>
>>43468895
I haven't actually played the game, don't think I'd enjoy how it plays. Am filthy coward who wouldn't even do Baddest Ending myself.
Also none of them really did, to be honest.
>>
>>43468971
I went into it a skeptic too. Been burned too often by hype. Fucking hated Bioshock Infinite and thought Spec Ops: The Line was decent but overrated, but Undertale really shook me.

If you haven't played it, it makes sense that it wouldn't hit so hard. There's a disconnect between these things happening to the characters and one doing these things to the characters. Although maybe I'm reading too far into it and I'm just a big fucking sissy.
>>
>>43468895
Remember to locate and delete all of Undertale's Appdata before going pacifist. Don't let CHARA taste victory.
>>
>>43465512
Get your undertale trash out of here. Tumblrtards flock to that game because its tumblrtard fuel.
>>
>>43469530
Different guy here, I stopped playing the game after fighting Asgore and as Flowey revealed his true form and went full meta with the save file stuff. If a game goes full meta on me personally, I reserve the right to stop playing the game and claim victory. Any story only exists at the audience's leisure, and if the story does not want an audience, then I will gladly oblige. Ultimately, Flowey/Asriel is simply the edgiest of edgelords and doesn't REALLY want the game to end, but seriously fuck that flower and the horse he rode in on. Enjoy the oblivion of deleted appdata.
>>
>>43469795
and yet, this very post screams edgelord
>>
>>43469795
>If a game goes full meta on me personally, I reserve the right to stop playing the game and claim victory.

Does anyboy have the webm of that one yandere visual novel? You know the one.
>>
>>43470041
In his defense, Flowey is one fucking sociopath of a flower. Though to not taste his tears by fighting on despite that is a pity. You can break his view of the world in the best ending.
>>
>>43470138
Well yeah, you have a point. It's -why- breaking him is so much sweeter.
>>
>>43470041
I only call Asriel/Flowey the edgiest edgelord because his final form as Asriel Dreemur is pretty much the epitome is "original character do not steal, " complete with infinity attack, infinity defense, called-out attacks, and a ridiculous outfit. He claims to not be able to feel any kind of emotions, but if you go through with a genocide, he'll cower in fear and beg for mercy.

Next thing I know you'll tell me is that hating Undyne is edgy...

>>43470138
Personally, I feel like keeping him in his personal hell of never being able die or move on is more satisfying.
>>
>>43470388
Nah, Undyne literally tried to kill you. In fact, that's the one big thing- people trying to -kill- you in a game pushing peace...

Oh, yeah, the final fight is OW MY EDGE, but it's presented in a way that lends more to childishness than edge. Rainbows tend to have that effect. Flowey himself is just a jerkbag, but the final fight is kind of an edgefest, so I can see where you're coming from.
>>
File: 1440469170852.jpg (62 KB, 548x556) Image search: [Google]
1440469170852.jpg
62 KB, 548x556
Christ, this abuse of the word edgy has got to stop.
>>
OP here, Just let it die if you have nothing to contribute on the point of the thread at hand other than discuss undertale
>>
File: low quality.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
low quality.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>43469706
... you know, kinda surprised I can't find one of these with Undyne.
>>
>>43468309
>Everyone laughted at Sir Reginald when he arrived at the River Party clad in his plate.
>When the maneater fishes showed up none was laughting.Except Sir Reginald.
>Sir Reginald was the one who laughted this time.
>>
I WANT TO FUCK THAT FISH!
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.