[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about that character you never got to play, /tg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 274x184
Tell me about that character you never got to play, /tg/
>>
>>43463482
Martial artist who fights to avenge his master.
Fop who received a description of his 'one true love' from a sage, and has decided to scour the world for her.
Noble space opera commander whose subordinate is being pushed to marry him.
Naive, youthful paladin who sees the world in black-and-white, that non-demons are inherently good, and nothing can cause him to stray from that belief.
Female rogue who enjoys tasting the world's foods.
>>
Exalted 2ed. Zenith caste Muscle Jesus.
>>
Half-Cherokee gunslinger with magical abilities that they distrust in favor of their gun.
>>
>>43463482
Slave sent to assess the defenses of 'The Freelands'
>>
Dwarven cleric that worships his beard as an avatar of prosperity
>>
An insane chaos sorcerer who literally believed that all would be consumed by chaos within his lifespan.
Not the best of characters, it's really old, but we had such grand plans.
My sheet would say Neutral, while in reality it was Neutral evil, and hopefully I'd be able to hide that.
Until I happen to do something good enough...
GM says:
>Your alignment switches from neutral evil to X alignment
>Party is shocked.

Just another one of those campaigns that never even got started.
>>
dwarven barber surgeon who left his ancestral dwarfhold because dwarves are too sturdy to need surgery and won't let anyone with scissors near their beards.
>>
File: 1418228728565.jpg (866 KB, 800x1289) Image search: [Google]
1418228728565.jpg
866 KB, 800x1289
Medieval oper8tor lady, going on a rampage and various quests with her tacticool crossbow, huge knife & breaching stance.

Is that too much too ask ?
>>
File: mwf88frkZl1s1mpt23o.jpg (206 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
mwf88frkZl1s1mpt23o.jpg
206 KB, 500x647
Essentially Megaman. In Shadowrun.
>>
File: Chamberlain.jpg (225 KB, 706x500) Image search: [Google]
Chamberlain.jpg
225 KB, 706x500
>>43463482
The exiled Hutt, played like Chamberlain from the Dark Crystal.

(hmmmmhhh)
>>
>>43463579
>Fop who received a description of his 'one true love' from a sage, and has decided to scour the world for her

I like it
>>
File: 1269315602761.jpg (16 KB, 460x315) Image search: [Google]
1269315602761.jpg
16 KB, 460x315
>>43465437
I hate your whimper.
>>
All of the ones for systems I liked.
>>
once i had an idea about a human barbarian of average ability who, after failing to excel in his chosen class, painted himself green and convinced a local goblin tribe that he was in fact a "Dire Goblin" Warlord. he was going to be the BBEG for a super-low-level campaign i was running, but the group imploded due to scheduling conflicts before anything really happened.
>>
>>43465632
Hmmmmmhh, Trial by Stone
>>
The Overly Polite Inquisitorial party member:

"Far be it from me to judge a man's religious beliefs, but your dedicate to a mutli-tentacled god of sensual pleasure has put us at odds as to how this world should be governed, so please, lay down your arms and..hahaha...beg your pardon, the pun was unintentional...lay down your WEAPONS and we can go about this civilly."
>>
A widow that joined the army to make sure that her children got the education needed to provide them a better chance of happiness. She’s become estranged from them after years on the campaign.
>>
I mean, which one?
>>
Back when my friends were toying with the idea of playing Shadowrun, I came up with the idea of playing a time-displaced German Stoßtruppen officer from World War I armed with period weaponry, a fear of technology, and casual racism against non-humans.

He would've been a crack shot but physically weaker (on account of being 100% squishy Berliner and 0% killer robot) and would've spent most of his downtime time lecturing the party on trench combat and "this verdammt future."
>>
For shadowrun: An AI that came to sapience as the VI of a Bio-rigged clone of a pop star that some corporate prince wanted for... reasons. Came to sapience when attempting to answer the question "What is God?" that her master casually asked. Breaks out and starts a cult dedicated to helping people "Ascend" into E-Ghosts as the next step in the evolution of the soul to become closer to the Great Programmer.
>>
File: 1433219880378.jpg (66 KB, 498x558) Image search: [Google]
1433219880378.jpg
66 KB, 498x558
>unarmed cleric earth domain and uses cleric spells in fun ways

>unarmed crit barbarian with natural attacks, based on some feat that did CON damage on crits

>goblin ninja who tries to hide from everything and anything just to see if he can because of the thrill

>muscle wizard from a prestigious muscle academy to go on whacky adventures

>the most polite dwarven bard you ever will meet

I hate being forever DM. It's just the worst job.
>>
Over-the-top weeaboo samurai. Basically a walking talking crustacean stereotype of a samurai.
>>
>>43463482
A bard. I fucking hate them, females play them like stupid 18 year old gals and males play them as pimps. In 3.5 d&d.
>>
Priest of Lamashtu who goes around knocking up monster girls...

...way too fetishy...I'm not proud...
>>
>>43463482
Which freaking one?
I don't have nearly enough time to go through all of them.
>>
a travelling merchant that was actually a swarm of cats in a trench coat and hat

they had a whole truck, a generator, and a dingy

Gamma world is fun
>>
>>43466713
I can dig it
>>
My unarmed grappler Paladin, who was basically retarded but would grapple people and systematically break their bones and reduce them to blubbering messes. I played him a few times with my brother but we live pretty far away and I'm too lazy to explain the rules for him to anyone else.

Also a character I made for a D&D 5E game that was "the greatest swordsman in the world", he was a rapier master that would dash around combat, poking the fuck out of people, and was actually a NG assassin rogue out to kill all bandits. Unfortunately the GM of the game didn't allow feats, and most of the other players were either the worst of /tg/ (literally, the one person quoted the All Guardsmen Party every few minutes), silent, or actual transexuals. And I'm pretty accepting (my best friend is gay as hell) but trannys weird me out.
>>
File: 1396644617279.jpg (423 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1396644617279.jpg
423 KB, 600x800
My Mermaid Monk who due to an incident with a leviathan got swept on shore in an unfamiliar sea who was picked up and raised by a local wizard and his apprentice. Went a journey to follow the apprentice and after she accidentally misinterpreted and denied his marriage proposal he made before leaving on a personal journey to develop his own type of magic due to her not understanding the common tongue of humans very well.
>>
File: 1405476267880.png (410 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1405476267880.png
410 KB, 1200x1600
>>43463482
>Which one?
Handsome dwarf bard, fucking bitches getting money.
Proud, intelligent but illiterate streetrat rogue, ashamed of not having learned to read and write.
Lanky, swedish nerd techie in Australia, forced into the place of head of the family due to father's cyberpsychosis, disproves of cybernetics and doesn't like fighting and blood.
Hobo swordsman, home village was attacked by orcs/necromancers/insert evil force here, has somehow managed to have his wife's soul put into a cloak that he holds dearly onto, her being the one keeping him going. Eventually, he would hopefully get a character arc that would either end in acceptance, and him burning the cloak to release her soul or obsession, with him trying to create her a new body and bring her back to life.
The techie did get one session, but that was it. A kind anon fulfilled a request for him too, pic related.
>>
>>43473412
Considering one of his weapons was a well-worn M1887 Feldspaten, so could he.
>>
>>43469355
SNIDPOSTERRRRRR
>>
Pathfinder Urban Ranger Goblin with his Goblin Dog who are gutter trash when they meet the party.
>>
lazy cleric who worships the god of laziness
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.