[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imperial Knights - yay or nay ? Could some players speak up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: 16619499327_0eb0865492_k[1].jpg (264 KB, 1600x1068) Image search: [Google]
16619499327_0eb0865492_k[1].jpg
264 KB, 1600x1068
Imperial Knights - yay or nay ?

Could some players speak up about using and fighting against Knights for those considering getting one or struggling against them ? Is a pure Knight army with no allies viable ?
>>
>>43460343
>FRUKTAR
I assume that the K and A are a fucked up variant of Kenaz and Ansuz, respectively.

What a bizarre choice of letters.
>>
>>43460343
I just drop my Iroclad near them then watch my ironclad fuck them up
>>
>>43460343
Also, what are the difference between the old and new Knight kit ? Simply an upgrade in quality or many new bits ? Is there a point to get the old kit anymore ?
>>
>>43460413
Bad rolls on the Knight's side ? Can't his sword one shot the Dread ?
>>
>>43460526
Never fought one with a sword
>>
>>43460343
Nay
We already have a dozen knight-analogues, along with knights withing knights for the Spess Mareens. We didn't need more.
>>
I don't play against them. Either we both have gargantuans or nobody does, or you tell me in advance and I remake my list. Theyre rediculous for their cost and stupidly hard to kill. And you have to kill them, because they ignore all other damage. Same goes for wraithknights, but I refuse to play eldar anyway.

I get some flak for refusing games, but I'm sick of my CSM getting steamrolled based on how broken the eldar codex is. (And how bad the CSM one is, but its not as prominent vs other armies).
>>
>>43460723
What ? Why would you field without one ? It's so fucking cool.
>>
>>43460938
The gauntlets also fun as hell chucking destroyed shit everywhere
Plus most people could also just use the two gun variant
>>
>>43460451
Old kit only builds errant and paladin has no melta gun thunderstrike gauntlet or carapace weapons
>>
>>43460938
I use a chain fist and power fist i play an imperial fist successor chapter
>>
>>43460343

I've actually run a small game with several different players controlling one Knight each, against a higher-valued Chaos force. It was pretty fun, very much inspired by those White Dwarf battle reports and the hero mission for the Farsight Enclave.
>>
>>43460367
I guess they wanted it to say "Dread" the only problems are that they wrote it in past tense and that it sounds awkward as shit by itself in Swedish either way.
>>
>>43461059

My guess is they went with what Google Translate told them.
>>
>>43460762
Well they were doing before it was cool back when they appeared in Epic. Plus what's your opinion on things other than the name.
>>
Only have two knights at the moment, they'll be allies to my legion list anyway.

I just enjoy painting them to be fair.
>>
Figured I'd post in this thread instead of starting a new one:
Recently started 40k but have noticed something. No one at my store or the other store I go to play imperial guard. I talked to some mates in Europe and other towns and they say they haven't seen anyone play IG in a while. Is there a reason for this? So far I've gotten some dark Angels but want to make a mainstay army of imperial guard and have the DA attach to them.

Is there something wrong with IG, or is it just odd that no one I know has seen anyone play them in a while?
>>
>>43463529
I don't know, IG seems fine, and at least in my FLGS two of the most regular players play IG.
>>
>>43460343
I want to make a gurren lagann inspired mech out of it's head
>>
>>43463529
The issue right now is nearly every unit in the guard dex lacks the power level point-for-point of nearly all the newer armies.

If you take unit x, you need to take unit y to cover x's weaknesses, but need to take unit z to cover y's weaknesses,... etc. You just end up with units that die easily and hardly put out enough damage as grav and scatter spam, as well as no monstrous / gargantuan units to draw fire.
>>
>>43461059
Well, it's not past tense, it's actually present, "dreads"; as in the knight itself is filled with dread.
But it's a transitive verb anyway, so it doesn't really work on its own.
>>
Is a Knight army fair if I don't include stuff that could repair them or a landing platform for the inv or are they too OP against most armies even with a heads up ?

Also, did anyone use a Knight army in some recent big tournaments ?
>>
>>43460343

I say it is yay to have only but one Imperial Knight in your army.
>>
This is my 1500pt list, I have no issue with you bring 4 knights.

Eldar Craftworlds: Codex (2015) (Craftworld Warhost) (1498pts)
• Core (458pts)
o Windrider Host (458pts)
Tempest of Blades
 Skyrunner Farseer (115pts)
Shuriken Pistol, Skyrunner (15pts), Witchblade
Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Bladestorm, Ghosthelm, Independent Character, Psychic Disciplines: Daemonology (Santic), Divination, Runes of Fate, Telepathy, Psyker (Mastery Level 3), Rune Armour, Runes of the Farseer
 Skyrunner Warlock Conclave (50pts)
Brotherhood of Psykers , Communion of Minds
 Skyrunner Warlock (50pts)
Witchblade
Ancient Doom, Bladestorm, Psychic Discipline: Daemonology (Santic), Runes of Battle, Rune Armour
 Vyper Squadron (50pts)
 Vyper (50pts)
Shuriken cannon (10pts), Shuriken cannon
 Windriders (81pts)
3x Windrider with Shuriken cannon (81pts)
Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Eldar Jetbike
 Windriders (81pts)
3x Windrider with Scatter laser (81pts)
 Windriders (81pts)
3x Windrider with Shuriken cannon (81pts)
• Auxiliary (1040pts)
o Crimson Death (420pts)
Crimson Hunter (140pts), Crimson Hunter (140pts), Crimson Hunter (140pts)
Evasive Manoeuvres, Preferred Enemy (Flyers, Flying Monstrous Creatures)
o Wraith Constructs (310pts)
 Wraithknight (310pts)
Scatter laser (15pts), Two Heavy Wraithcannons
Ancient Doom, Fear, Fearless, Feel No Pain, Hammer of Wrath, Move Through Cover, Relentless, Smash, Strikedown, Sword of Vaul
o Wraith Constructs (310pts)
 Wraithknight (310pts)
Scatter laser (15pts), Two Heavy Wraithcannons
Ancient Doom, Fear, Fearless, Feel No Pain, Hammer of Wrath, Move Through Cover, Relentless, Smash, Strikedown, Sword of Vaul
>>
>>43460343
Yay for concept, yay for lore
nay for pricing
>>
>>43460343
hhhhhhhaywire!
throw a bunch of skitarii rust stalkers at it and watch it collapse into a twitching heap. While it's good at murdering big things, throwing a group of anti-vehicle individuals at it have a much higher chance of surviving to strike.
>>
>>43460343
That looks like an official model
>>
>>43460343
Whoah. Where the hell is this kit from?

Also, why the fuck do Yiffs get a knight? Knights =\= Marines, and Fenris isn't a Knight world.
>>
>>43466365
It's using custom 3D printed parts

Apparently the guy who did it is selling them on shapeways
>>
>>43466365

its something some randomer with a 3-D printer and too much time put together himself I believe
>>
>>43466458
http://www.shapeways.com/designer/comradequiche

guy has some more cool shit. grey knights, death guard and heresy heads look cool, but the blood angels deathmask one is a little unsettling
>>
>>43460793
>Playing CSM

Have you tried not playing a shitty army?
>>
>>43466365
>Knights =\= Marines
Maybe in your 40k you boring little man. If someone brought an awesome model like that to a game the Marines can have as many Knights as they want, especially if they're a 1st founding Chapter.
>>
>>43465447
baka desu senpai
>>
>>43460793
Get a Chaos Knight then man.
>>
>>43465769
Points or dosh ? I heard they're underpriced but I'm not sure since with bad luck they can be killed by two melta shots.
>>
knights aren't that bad, plenty of ways to deal with them and the shooting for points isn't over the top.
>>
>>43465447
Christ man, learn list formating because that's painful to read.
>>
Did BL ever release any good stories about the Knights ?
>>
>>43468640

That's like saying nothing is OP because with bad luck it can be one-shotted by force weapons, instant death, or psychic shriek. Knights can kite melta all day.
>>
>>43463866
I've never played a guard army before but couldn't you theoretically just drown your opponent in bodies? Like send out full units of conscripts(with a commidsar and a priest obviously) to dispute objectives and just focus on fully securing one objective?
>>
>>43460343
They were pretty devastating against Necrons.
Until that damn C'Tan walked next to it.
>Yay for catastrophic damage explosion
>>
>>43474432
Really? I've heard necrons chew through Knights cause of gauss
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.