[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you stat Saitama in Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: 7241.jpg (35 KB, 251x338) Image search: [Google]
7241.jpg
35 KB, 251x338
How would you stat Saitama in Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition?
>>
ONE
>>
>>43459609
MORE
>>
>>43459562
Basically make all of his physical stats infinite. From there it's basically done
>>
>>43459562

He pretty much bypasses all the physical combat stats like STR/CON etc. Low charisma, low intelligence, cannot be harmed, pretty much blows up everything.
>>
Power Level X.
>>
He's one of those things that you just don't stat.
>>
>>43459562
Punch: 1
>>
Any time he needs to roll based on STR/STA/CON, he automatically succeeds. Cannot take damage, may be susceptible to suffocation?
>>
Give his basic attacks a cone or line of effect to simulate all the indirect damage he deals.
>>
>>43459562
Same way you would stat superman, just without flying and the kryptonite allergy.
>>
weakness: mosquito
>>
>>43460448
>>43459617
You know that in the webcomic there's been things punched from him that didn't die in one hit right? Fucking casuals.
>>
>>43460573
The premise still stands.
He's a plot device, not a playable character.
The only action anyone else would get is social stuff.
>>
>>43460573
There has, however, been nothing he was incapable of one shotting
>>
>>43460604
Not if he showed up in another setting like DC comics, he's a big fish in a smaller pond. He's not even close to being the likes of Dr Manhattan.
>>
>>43460573
Because he wants to drag the fight out as long as possible. He in fact could have killed those things with one punch and one punch only.

If I'm a casual, you're worse than me.
>>
>>43460573

You know that in the manga those things that didn't die in one hit? Very strongly implied he's barely putting any effort into things, and they die the moment he puts even a tiny sliver of it. Fucking casual.
>>
>>43460645
The manga is trash,
Why are you reading it instead of the webcomic?
>>
>>43460619
He can beat anyone, absolutely anyone, with one punch. If you take that more seriously that it's, you're a fucking autist.

>b-but muh superman 1 billion
One punch.
>>
>>43460656
What's so different?
>>
>>43460573

You know that in the webcomic Garou only doesn't die because Saitama doesn't kill humans, right? Get a fucking clue before you start acting high and mighty.
>>
>>43460674
The art is far better.
>>
File: 1426915629828.png (43 KB, 237x330) Image search: [Google]
1426915629828.png
43 KB, 237x330
I've only seen the anime, but I get the impression he's not supposed to be the main character. It's a bit like Watamote, where we're exploring a background character in more detail than they deserve... which is absolutely brilliant.

The cyborg, and the antagonists all come in with great back stories. He's just there as some gargantuan return to the status quo each episode. Still, I am a filthy casual.
>>
It's more challenging to stat literally any other character in the comic. Like, stat King.
>>
>>43460619
>>43460663
Can we not do this?

If you're arguing about powerlevels in a conversation involving this series you've missed the point.
>>
>>43460684

He is the main character. Everyone else has developed backstories because for the joke to be funny we need other characters whose fights we can get invested in before Saitama effortlessly ends them.
>>
>>43460698
Seriously. It's like asking "but why is he REALLY so strong?"
>>
>>43460682
I feel rused
>>
>>43459562
Rank B hero at best, and I think he cheated on the tests.
>>
>>43460698

It's sad to see people get into powerlevel shitflinging when OPM literally exists to mock autists who do powerlevel shitflinging.
>>
File: wJQ85FP.png (559 KB, 732x799) Image search: [Google]
wJQ85FP.png
559 KB, 732x799
>>43460717
>>
>>43460684
No, Saitama is the main character, and he still moralizes at people like any shounen lead messiah with his commonsense wisdom
>>
>>43460729
B-but muh dark knight Batman with preptime...
>>
>>43460729
opm is just dbz.

But Goku is even more overpowered and the Z-fighters are equally useless when anything actually serious show up.
>>
>>43460722
I'd kind of get what they were saying if the comic version didn't still use ONEs panel layout. His art may be mediocre at best, but ONE is really good at laying out a scene.
>>
Why don't we take the time to stat things that can be statted?
>>
>>43460682

This is why I read the manga and watch the anime. The high quality art-style strengthens the humor of all these typical shounen-esque heroes/heroines vs. our bland, generic looking Saitama.
>>
>>43460849
>Anime
>High quality art-style
Murata animates better than the anime.
>>
File: file.png (363 KB, 400x538) Image search: [Google]
file.png
363 KB, 400x538
Same stats as Caine and saint of killers.
"Me plot device, me win"
>>
>>43460685
Everything in Intimidate and Profession (Gaming), nothing in anything else.
>>
>>43460731
In this setting a caterpillar became a giant sapient monster because it decided to become big and a man turned into city destroying a man-spider chimera because a spider crawled into his ear, an entire elite team of supermen gained super strength entirely because they wore tank top shirts.

So yeah, he became infinitely strong because he exercised, that's how things work in that universe.
>>
>>43461273
Didn't the first villain Saitama fought turn into a lobsterman because he ate too much lobster?
>>
>>43461289
Crabs
>>
>>43461289
The Great Crabrante.
>>
>>43461216
Flash could steal the saints guns from their holsters
>>
File: file.png (861 KB, 465x732) Image search: [Google]
file.png
861 KB, 465x732
>>43461494
>Flash
>Not also a plot device
Nigga, flash is the plottiest of devices.
>>
>>43461256
also perks: unnatural luck and commanding aura
>>
>>43460573
You so casual. Not gonna relay why you're casual, everyone else has.
>>
>>43460724
B? Pft, he took all the credit for the work that all those A and S rank heroes did. He's just a hack. Barely worth C.
>>
>>43461697

I know the Flash is the Flash, but how the fuck is he still alive with a hook through his head?
>>
>>43461948
Lobo is one'a them dues who isn't supposed to be serious.

Like Saitama.
>>
>>43460656
>Calling Murata's art trash
Look at this fucking pleb
>>
>>43461213
Dunno, the fight with those underground dwellers was pretty godamn sweet.
>>
>>43459562
All stats are n^3 where n represents the opponent's stat
>>
File: onepunch man vs sonic.gif (838 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
onepunch man vs sonic.gif
838 KB, 500x360
>>43463941
Just compare scenes like the Sonic-Saitama fight, or the Genos-Saitama spar in the most recent episode to the manga and you'll see what I mean. The animation is very sloppy.
>>
File: ohyou.png (653 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
ohyou.png
653 KB, 600x656
>>43464000
>>
>>43464000
Agreed, they waisted a perfectly good action sequence that Murata pretty much plopped into their laps.
>>
>>43460743
but that is wrong anon: https://imgur.com/a/2f7eY
>>
>>43464788
What
>>
>>43460684
>>43460713
It's always come across to me more that the difference in backstories is to spoof the typical superhero/shonen character backstory tropes. Everyone else has super cliche, cornball, and/or long-winded backstories, and Saitama's just a dude who does hero stuff for fun and somehow acquired phenomenal power just by doing a fairly ordinary workout routine for a few years.
>>
File: 1422051065386[2].jpg (74 KB, 525x720) Image search: [Google]
1422051065386[2].jpg
74 KB, 525x720
>>43459562
>Statting Saitama
But that's wrong, you double nigger. Saitama is like the Lady of Pain: you don't stat him. If you get on his bad side, you lose. It's as simple as that.
>>
This thread is why Death Battle is terrible, and why you all should feel terrible.

Saitama's whole fucking concept is that he's above stats and the eternal fucking POWER LEVELS bickering and bullshit in anime. He's a satiristic take on the cliche, someone who's literally outside the power hierarchy of his own manga. His whole point is that everyone else tries to get him to conform, tries to compete with him, and generally can't accept the fact that he's something you cannot defeat by screaming about your training and final forms.
The question is never whether or not he can win. It's what his existence implies for the world, and what it actually means to be a hero and all that.

Saitama's only statline needs to be "Stronger than you", and that's that. There's never going to be a time where he fights for real, shows us his whole power and actually tries to defeat someone earnestly. That's something he literally can't do. That's his power. He wins.
>>
>>43465212
Basically. Thing is, Saitama is possibly the only actual hero in the series. He doesn't enjoy doing the right thing or feel fulfilled by it, or otherwise have some huge, contrived reason to basically justify why he's allowed to murder shittons of things while looking awesome and somehow avoiding becoming an utter psychopath.

For most anime characters (in this genre, mind), it's never about a duty or just doing what must be done, or even about doing what's right in general. It's about glorious combat, about screaming out your attacks while you kill things. Often, the focus is completely on fighting, and being a hero and doing good is just the framework where that facilitates this. Sure, the character can scream about justice and all that, but the author still just wants to show you his newest awesome powerup.

Saitama doesn't do that. He can't enjoy a fight. It's almost embarassing how his opponents and comrades keep screaming about fighting at their full power, and all he can do is casually punch and win. He cant' be flashy or awesome about it. He can't really be anything like that. But he's still there, still putting down monsters when it's required. For him, it's "Knock that shit out" and then they don't, and then he punches them and they turn into bloodstains. He just does that.

The joke here is that while most characters in OPM appear heroic, Saitama doesn't. And yet he's more of an actual, legitimate hero. Heroism is what people see and care about, being a hero is what you do regardless.

Well, Saitama and Licenceless Rider. Licenceless Rider fuck yeah.
>>
>>43465340
But my character's statline is "Stronger than Saitama".
>>
>>43465722

Then the universe breaks due to there being two absolute truths that don't allow the other to exist.

So congratulations, motherfucker, you killed the universe. What now?
>>
>>43465823
>So congratulations, motherfucker, you killed the universe. What now?
That is his purpose, because only a sith deals in absolutes!
>>
>>43465823
Well our relative strengths aren't effectively observed by the universe until we use them against each other. All he has to do is stay out of my way lest everything everywhere be annihilated in less than an instant.

Pssh, Nothing Personnel....... Kid.
>>
So, how mad are you when OPM ends with a reveal that it was all a dream, and a drunken Saitama wakes up in a ditch, having become a homeless bum after losing his job?

It was all a ridiculous daydreamy power fantasy of a drunken hobo who simply needed over-the-top escapism to survive in his dready, bottom-dwelling existence.

There never were any monsters. There never were any heroes. Life isn't that simple, stupid.
>>
>>43460560
>Same way you would stat superman
Nah. Supes is a down to earth PL 15 in official DC books for M&M3.
>>
>>43465993
Fuck you man. Fuck you. I'm gonna fucking hate you every time I'm reading a new chapter now.
>>
>>43465487
>Thing is, Saitama is possibly the only actual hero in the series
>Heroism is what people see and care about, being a hero is what you do regardless.
Eh, we see plenty characters that just honestly protect people without digging into the superhero showbiz side.

Half S-Classes are pretty chill people.
>>
>>43466134
License-less Rider is the true hero of the story
>>
>>43466134
I don't really mean the showbiz. I mean the tropy meta side, although some characters do add to that with the active showbizing. Like, with more or less every shonen main character, the story is for the most part a justification to get the characters to fight and be justified about it.

In most shonen and the like, characters fight, and that is the main point of the series, the thing that gets most of the attention. They have reasons to, but those reasons are just a framework. An excuse to get the story go towards fighting, and a good reason to allow the characters to be good and justified while they fight, while still mostly just focusing on the fight itself.

What I mean is, every other character in the series can gloriously scream about how they're protecting humanity (or could, unless they're too cool and collected for something like that) and throw themselves into it with abandon and earnestness. You often see characters who can't help but crack a smile as they start feeling the heat of the battle and devote their all to winning.

But Saitama can't do that. He'd look like a total asshole if he ever screamed about how he's protecting everyone with his life, and then gave it his all, and everything exploded in three milliseconds. It's literally his daydream to be able to do that.

What I mean is, for most people being a hero is a nobrainer. They do it because they have reason to, and the desire to, and they even enjoy it. And while some are a lot cooler and more distant from it, it's still a lot more about that. They want to get stronger and be better, and all that. But Saitama doesn't really get anything out of fighting. For him, there's just nothing there, no challenge or blood-pumping battles to be had. He starts to fight, then the fight ends.

It's an intresting examination of heroics and heroes, is what I'm saying.
>>
>>43461948
Speedforce.
>>
>>43466403
>the story is for the most part a justification to get the characters to fight and be justified about it.
I don't see how that not applies to OPM. The story is a justification for Saitama to punch thing.

>But Saitama doesn't really get anything out of fighting. For him, there's just nothing there, no challenge or blood-pumping battles to be had. He starts to fight, then the fight ends.
>It's an intresting examination of heroics and heroes, is what I'm saying.
Yes, that is, but I do not see anything remotely supporting "everybody else is not really a hero"
>>
>>43466514
To elaborate more.

Between Saitama and other hero:
They both see a monster attacking people.
For the hero the difference is between running away and risking life and limb to protect others.
For Saitama the difference is between walking away and spending three seconds on a punch and then walking away.

But they both have same motivation, protecting people, to get at all involved.
Saitama gets out of the bed and puts on his cape pajamas because he wants to be a hero, just like every other guy does.

The difference between them and the exploration of the genre do not lie in this plane at all.
>>
>>43466514
>Yes, that is, but I do not see anything remotely supporting "everybody else is not really a hero"

I'm just guessing here but think he might be getting at that whole "good deeds are actually selfish because doing them makes you feel good about yourself for doing them" idea, that since the other heroes "Get something" out of their heroics, in this case thrills or excitement, it takes away from how heroic they are.
>>
>>43466598
Honestly, when you put it that way it kind of makes the other guy sound more like a hero since he's actually "risking life and limb" to do the same thing that Saitama is only mildly inconvenienced at worst to do.
>>
>>43466655
Nah still not seeing it. Sure adrenaline may be a factor once it gets going, but most of them do not look the type to get into the fight purely for that.
>>43466703
That was one of the aims of the post, yes.

We also had a rather Saitama-like moment from one S-classers - the guy in the dog suit. He was sent to watch over a region with monster activity, and called back "everything is calm". Cut to him sitting on top of a pile of monster corpses, looking pretty bored.

Overall, "one punch" and "bored to death with it" add unique spice to Saitama's character and allow exploration, but the most of him is still grounded in tropes of how a regular good hero functions - if he was more detached from it, he wouldn't be a vector of exploration, after all.
>>
File: crossfit.webm (3 MB, 638x360) Image search: [Google]
crossfit.webm
3 MB, 638x360
>>43460731
>>
File: deathstroke.jpg (608 KB, 899x1379) Image search: [Google]
deathstroke.jpg
608 KB, 899x1379
>>43461494
>>
>>43459562
His only weakness is King's Infinite Combo
>>
File: Ballchinian.png (575 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ballchinian.png
575 KB, 1280x720
>>43467874
I thought it was Ballchinian kids.
>>
File: Inifinite Combo.jpg (149 KB, 599x410) Image search: [Google]
Inifinite Combo.jpg
149 KB, 599x410
>>43467874
>>
File: Fubuki Booty.png (472 KB, 520x1000) Image search: [Google]
Fubuki Booty.png
472 KB, 520x1000
>>43467874
One day he'll fall for Fubuki's booty.
>>
>>43468201
Saitama is a stronger man than I.
>>
File: Fubuki colour.jpg (538 KB, 869x1369) Image search: [Google]
Fubuki colour.jpg
538 KB, 869x1369
>>43468411
You and me both
>>
>>43468441
It must suck to be Genos and have no dick, only fire.
>>
>>43468515
Jesus might be able to get an attachment.
>>
>>43468515
I'm sure he could have one installed, but I don't think he has any libido anymore so he'll probably never see the point in it.
>>
File: 1444014252985.jpg (154 KB, 580x472) Image search: [Google]
1444014252985.jpg
154 KB, 580x472
>>43468201
>>43468441
I can't wait till she shows up in the anime.
mfw saitama acquaintance-zones her in the most recent ONE comic
>>
>>43460684
OPM is interesting because the point is that Saitama is the main character, but he's not that interesting - He's not supposed to be. The side characters are the ones who get developed. Saitama is just a framing device.
>>
File: Fubuki YJS 1.png (617 KB, 900x1252) Image search: [Google]
Fubuki YJS 1.png
617 KB, 900x1252
>>43468939
Fubuki is too perfect for the likes of Saitama
>>
>>43467506
I don't understand.
>>
>>43470787
Crossfit is a method of making it look like you're doing a lot of work, without actually putting any effort into getting fit or strong.
>>
>>43459562
>Punches 1d4 Villains to 0HP per round.
>>
>>43470878
I don't -understand-!
>>
>>43464000
Anon, you fucking retard. They are animating from the tanks, not from the web version.
>>
>>43466266
I like to imagine that if Licenseless Rider faced off against Saitama, Licenseless Rider would survive every punch Saitama would throw at him since we've seen that LR survives way more shit than he should be able to.
He wouldn't win, but he wouldn't turn into chunky salsa at least.

I also like to imagine that once LR gets his license he'll go through the same thing Saitama went through to become OP.
>>
>>43459562
By throwing the book in the trash and picking up a system that doesn't suck.
>>
>>43465212
>Saitama's just a dude who does hero stuff for fun and somehow acquired phenomenal power just by doing a fairly ordinary workout routine for a few years.
I'v only started but I found this bit particularly funny and maybe even a little insightful. Thinking of all the otakus watching this who probably wouldn't even try 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and 10km of running even if it did grant super-powers.

Most superheroes never earn their power or have some incredibly contrived event that gives them SUPERIOR WILL TO ACHIEVE. It's always a lab accident or alien heritage or mental illness and dead parents but it's rarely just because they want to. They don't have to consciously do anything, heroism just gets handed to them by circumstance.
Saitama had the marvellous ability of self-motivation. Of all the whinny office drones out there, complaining about their lives he actually made a change. He spent every day training, working towards something he wanted even if it was totally ridiculous. Sure he overachieved to the point meaninglessness but he actually gave his dream a shot.
And he still ended up way more powerful then all the mutants, aliens and head-cases.
>>
>>43471414
You would fuck up your body doing Saitama's actual routine with no rest days IMO.
>>
>>43471414
y'know. Saitama did end up inspiring that one B-rank who worked with Fubukis group to train hard to become a true hero.

Maybe we'll see his return some day as Two Kick Man
>>
>>43470878

That's not all Crossfit is! It's also about pissing of everyone in the gym, damaging equipment, and wrecking your back and knees!
>>
>>43471617
Let's not forget the irreversible kidney damage.
>>
>>43471617
>It's also about pissing of everyone in the gym

As if we needed any more of that.

I can't even squat in peace because people keep taking the bar off the rack to deadlift in front of it.
>>
>>43465487
Licenseless Rider is the greatest hero of all time.
Fuck Batman, fuck Superman, fuck Iron Man and all the other retards.
Licenseless Rider is where it's at.
>>
>>43466514
You're misconstruing his point you fucking autist
>>
>>43471457
No, it's not a very hard routine. It's really fucking easy. You're just incredibly out of shape.
Humans are built for fucking endurance, that's literally what we're adapted to through evolution.

Jesus Christ, Anon. 10 km is an hour of light jogging a day. There are people who run a marathon a day without even training for it beforehand. The 100 of each of those exercises is literally not even exercise for most people with even a month of physical conditioning.
>>
>>43471414
Well that dark matter guy was some skinny neet and he worked out so hard he turned black.
>>
>>43464788
Made me giggle. Saitama is truly a comic relief character.
>>
>>43471851
Where do you want me to diddly then? From the damn bench? The only place there's rubber padding is at the squat rack and damned if I'll smash through the gym floor.
>>
>>43472277
Converted to real numbers...10 km is 6.2 miles.

So, a solid hour and a half of jogging.
>>
>>43472513
But dont regular people walk like 3 miles an hour?
>>
>>43472513
>10km
>1,5 hours
That isn't jogging, that's walking at a brisk pace
>>
>>43471457
>>43472277
>No, it's not a very hard routine
True.

But without any rest days to recuperate, strain WILL build up even from such routine (especially if someone untrained instantly jumps from nothing to 100/100/100/10km) and in the end it WILL cause issues.

>>43472513
>Converted to real numbers
Oh damn. Sorry guys, I shouldn't have replied him. My bad.
>>
>>43472577
Shit, I don't know.
Still a couple hours walking.
>>43472616
That's about how fast I jog.
>>
>>43465340
>>43465487
1. Saitama is not Power Man.
2. Saitama is literally a hero for fun. He is not some bodhi who is immune to shonen emotion and the thrill of combat.
>>
>>43472513
3/10 got me to reply
>>
File: 71a[1].jpg (89 KB, 884x680) Image search: [Google]
71a[1].jpg
89 KB, 884x680
>>43468544
>>
>>43472441
I don't know about yours, but my gym has an area for deadlifting and general floor work.

This area has a padded floor, it has bars, and it has weights, it has balls, everything you need.

People walk past this area to the only squat rack in the gym and deadlift in front of it when the deadlift area is empty. They also usually have shitty plate maths, but so does almost everyone else so whatever.
>>
>>43472661
Americans can't measurement.
>>43472699
I...did not need that mental image.
>>
File: Acquaintancezoned.png (246 KB, 600x627) Image search: [Google]
Acquaintancezoned.png
246 KB, 600x627
>>43468939
>>
>>43472699
>mecha milk
lost it
>>
>>43472668
The internet tells me the average walking speed of a person is 3.1 miles per hour. You would have to be pretty unfit to not be able to do a mile in ten minutes. Ten consecutive miles would obviously be harder but still.
>>
>>43472699

I can't recall, has Genos' sex been officially confirmed at any point? Considering how most people reacted to Sonic, I could see Genos secretly being a girl.

The awful part of me wants to see that twist happen, and then Genos and Sonic drop all pretenses and have the craziest sex.
>>
>>43472668
>That's about how fast I jog.
Then you should get your fat ass out of the house more.
>>
>>43472830
Pretty sure he said he is a dude.
>>
>>43472830
I doubt Sonic is capable of having sex after his last encounter with Saitama.
>>
>>43472661
You only need rest days when you've done high-intensity work because you're breaking down muscle fibers. You don't need rest days when you're doing cardio, which is why olympic athletes who train for endurance rather than power will train just about every single day (although part of that is the reduced restitution time due to PEDs so that's a bad example I suppose).

Trust me, 10 km 100/100/100 is not a problem for most humans. If it were an actually intensive (not meant as hard, but as in including acutely higher stressors) then rest time would be necessary.
>>
>>43472668
>>43472775
>>43472838
The "light jog" that most people end up doing if they're out of shape tends to be around 3.8 mph. I don't know why, but it's almost always 3.8 mph.

It's also a very shitty form of jogging that is horribly inefficient, but if someone is that out of shape, I doubt they're going to do much better doing anything else.
>>
400 pound neckbeard commenting on fitness.
>>
>>43472513
>jogging 4 mph
what the actual fuck
that's normal (not even brisk) walking pace for me
I walk at that speed down to the fucking grocer's three kilometers from my house

Are you 300 lbs or something
>>
File: 1442029489446.jpg (64 KB, 917x960) Image search: [Google]
1442029489446.jpg
64 KB, 917x960
>>
>>43472670
Saitama quite literally is Power Man in all but name.
He is not immune to the thrill of combat in theory, but the absence of any credible threat makes it impossible to feel the thrill because nothing is "combat" to him. It's like getting excited over swatting away gnats.

You're retarded and don't understand anything.
>>
>>43472830
I think Genos was male before his tragic backstory.

It would have been very stereotypically ANIME if Dr Light or whatever his name is put Genos in a female body though.

>>43472865
Sonic was never going to be anything other than a bottom who takes it in the ass in every pairing.

You should have only needed to look at a single panel to realize that.
>>
>>43472964
>Are you 300 lbs or something

Closeish, 270.
>>
>>43473014
They are both bald even.
>>
File: 1446514566212.jpg (454 KB, 1200x828) Image search: [Google]
1446514566212.jpg
454 KB, 1200x828
>>43473014
His maximum power punch according to the author is a strike that would destroy one half of the universe.

From a thematic standpoint, he's Power Man because he's supposed to be making fun of autistic power level discussions.

For the context of autistic power level discussions, he's just a guy with really, really, really good physical stats.
>>
>>43473014
Nah, Power Man is the guy who beats everyone at anything. Power Man would beat King in video games.
>>
>>43472908
I don't think you actually move your body much, or have an idea of what most humans are like.

You sound like some kind of puppet propelled by an otherworldy being.
>>
File: Bodysnatchers in America.png (434 KB, 677x597) Image search: [Google]
Bodysnatchers in America.png
434 KB, 677x597
>>43473111
>puppet propelled by an otherworldy being
Shit, he's on to me.
>>
>>43472699
Saitama doens't even accept Genos offer of having a hair transplant.
>>
>>43473101
The only way I see that happening is if his punch is so strong a "glitch" in ghthe fabric of reality happens and a quantum bubble appears. Anyone who doesn't know what a quantum bubble is it's basically a bubble of unstable energy that expands at the speed of light and rewrites the universe's physics as it goes.
>>
>>43459614
TIME
>>
>>43473262
I think he probably just punches really hard and the force breaks shit.
>>
>>43473382
Imagine what would happen to the planet he's on if he punches that hard straight up into the air.
>>
>>43473382
>Punches the nothingness of space
>Nothing for the energy to pass through
>Still breaks shit.
I'll take the bullshit scientific answer over this.
>>
>>43473449
Nothing fun.
>>43473464
Are you saying energy cant pass through space?
>>
>>43473494
You can't pass energy waves (from the punch) through space because it's a fucking vacuum. Have you ever taken a physics class before?
>>
>>43473534
Clearly you aren't punching hard enough.
>>
>>43473559
I can see light going everywhere as the atmosphere is obliterated along with the planet, maybe even a moon or nearby planet is destroyed from barely sub-light speed debris, but I cannot see it realistically occurring no matter how much energy you put in it.
>>
>>43473559
This.
If you punch hard enough there's no limits to what you can achieve.
>>
>>43473262
And now you begin to get it. He punches so hard he can punch out physics if he could only be bothered to try. He punches so hard reality fucks up around him, if only he gave enough fucks to punch something that hard. He's so strong trying to measure it has no meaning. And he's so strong because it's a cosmic joke where he's the punchline.
>>
>>43473647
Do you mean to tell me if I stood beside a bomb in a vacuum I would be totally fine? Discounting shrapnel.
>>
>>43472758
Saitama capable of completely destroying someone in one page, even without his hands.
>>
>>43473717
If the bomb's gasses and other such shrapnel didn't hit you you'd be perfectly safe, minus the lack of oxygen and such.
>>
>>43471605
What chapter?
>>
>>43473808
But what if it was a really big bomb.
>>
>>43473832
if it was even a moderately sized bomb, you would almost 100% certainly be hit by the bomb's gasses or shrapnel, due to the spherical nature of explosions.

Unless you were like, a touhou and could dodge pressure planes.
>>
>>43473832
Doesn't matter. The reason really big bombs work on earth is because of the insane pressure wave they cause and he beat and stuff. Take that away the atmosphere and all you have is some mildly unfcomfortable heat along with a pretty light. But I it's a big enough bomb the heat radiation would burn you to a crisp, kinda like how the sun heats the earth.
>>
>>43473880
>>43473897
But say you punched hard enough to destroy half the universe. There is clearly more than pressure going to be created.
>>
So: Saitama vs. Squirrel Girl, while out-of-frame. Who wins?
>>
>>43460732
>he still moralizes at people like any shounen lead messiah with his commonsense wisdom

....wat
>>
>>43473959
Okay let's stop you there. Let's say saitama was very generous and punched the planet he was on. Now even if we assume he punched so hard that he sent every single atomic nucleus in the planet in every single different direction at 99.9998675% the speed of light (like the oh my God particle) it would just result in uncountable number of particles each with the energy of a 90 mph baseball zooming everywhere, nowhere near enough to destroy the universe as many of them with just pepper the planets in our solar system and koreen off into space never to be seen again. If he punched so hard that he caused a black hole it'd change everything.
>>
>>43474147
Slight miscalculation. It's 90 kmph
>>
>>43474147
If his punch was enough to destroy half the universe it wouldn't even have to hit anything would it? He'd just throw it out and the energy around his fist would just cause some sort of catastrophic event. Like how that shrimp punches so hard it boils water but scaled up.
>>
>>43474033

One-Punch Man is why Squirrel Girl's face is the way it is.
>>
>>43474033
They don't fight.

The ghost of Uncle Ben descends from the heavens to scold them both for not trying to work out their differences peacefully. Anyway, Saitama was a bit weirded out by the idea of fighting a girl in a fursuit, and Squirrel girl Saitama's baldness is endearing. Tippy-Toe finds a half-off coupon for rice and beans in the gutter, so they head off together to do some shopping.
Aunt May bakes a pie.
>>
>>43474283
A shrimp does that inside an atmosphere underwater where it's "air" is much more sense than ours. Anon is trying to explain how pushing in a vacuum ain't gonna do universe-destroying shit at a range father than arms reach.
>>
>>43474364
If he's punching hard enough to do universe level damage, he may be affecting vacuum energy to do it.
>>
>>43474364
Yeah but if he punches that hard hes not just creating kinetic energy is he? There is probably all sorts of other shit, surly heat.
>>
>>43474406
Vacuums don't work like that. A vacuum is the absence of everything. There is nothing for the energy to travel through in a vacuum. Please go read a fucking book or at least Google the basics of what a vacuum is.
>>
>>43474454
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_energy
It's a thing, it's actually an observed phenomenon.
>>
>>43474480
Same issue with dark matter. In fact, what would he effect of a punch of this magnitude have on the dark matter common throughout the universe?
>>
>>43459562
So I'm going to be that guy and give some serious suggestions:

For Advantages: Improved Critical (Unarmed) 4, All-out Attack, Power Attack, Ultimate Effort (Strength and Toughness), Second Chance (First unarmed attack against an opponent), Diehard, Great Endurance

For Powers: Immunity 80 (Toughness, Limited to Half Effect). Not full immunity because he presumably CAN be hurt. It's just that his Toughness and ranks of Impervious Toughness will be so high, that once you halve any damage he takes that he'll shrug it off anyway.

Besides that, you'd just give him high ranks for your typical Powerhouse hero based on whatever PL you settle for him (15 being a MINIMUM). Stuff like Power-Lifting, the previously mentioned Impervious Toughness, Speed, Leaping, and cool Alternate Effects from his Strength, like Groundstrike and Thunderclap. Instead of absurd ranks of Leaping, you could use Movement 1 (Space Travel, Limited to between adjacent planetary bodies) to allow him to leap from the moon to Earth. See the Strength Power Profile for more ideas.
>>
>>43474593
Dark matter, if not the very fabric of spacetime, is probably what propagates the energy of saitama's punch.
>>
File: 1446605504924.png (509 KB, 860x1236) Image search: [Google]
1446605504924.png
509 KB, 860x1236
>>43472699
Speed of sound Sonic is upset that Genos is trying to muscle in on "her" man.
>>
>>43473534
He punches atoms of gases so hard that they accelerate to 0.9999999999999999999999999999C, bouncing around and shattering everything they touch. They easily escape earth, and bounce around the universe for eons, imparting preposterous energy into everything they touch, shattering it and causing more shrapnel at slightly lower (But still extremely near light) speeds.
>>
>>43474887
It's kinda weird that the only thing it changed is that they added boobs to Sonic.
>>
>>43474325
>Aunt May bakes a pie.
Thanks, Satan. This pie was totally worth it!
>>
File: here are your options.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
here are your options.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>43475007
Hey, you also would sell your marriage to the Devil if it was to guarantee you would taste Aunt May's delicious pie again!
>>
>>43464590
>WAISTED
>>
>>43471187
I like to imagine he'll get a bike licence, but he doesn't want to change his hero name, so he becomes the Licenseless Driver
>>
File: wp_ss_20150925_0050.png (252 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20150925_0050.png
252 KB, 480x800
>>43459562
I don't know, but this I a character that could beat him.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 299x205) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 299x205
>>43465823
I'm going to Disneyland!
>>
>>43477745
nope
>>
>>43477864
Yes actually

One-punch is limited to ground movements so all you have to do is stand back and hit him with dimensional travel to simply pop him to another world.
>>
>>43477924
>Implying Saitama can't punch hard enough to break the dimensional barriers and travel through different worlds
If Superboy-Prime can punch reality so hard it resurrects Jason Todd everything is possible.
>>
>>43478079

Then wait and see if he can actually do it because at the moment he can't or hasn't and thus my post beats him.

Or he can knock him out via affliction attacks and then kill him or pop him over to another dimension.
>>
>>43478278
Dude can parry light speed attacks and the most powerful psychic of his world can do is make his muscles twitch a little. And you think fucking Prometheus can defeat him?
>>
>>43478347
You can't punch nothing.
>>
>People taking the "he can beat anything in one punch," not, "so strong that he can defeat anything in one punch."
If his power was being able to one-punch anything, then he wouldn't also be super fast/tough/agile, or even super-strong, he would just be able to puch a thing to make it die. He's got all these other abilities that come from being incredibly strong, because incredible strength & endurance is his power, not "being able to one-punch anything," that's just a relative consequence to his actual physical power (and a misnomer, fucking mosquitoes can survive him; he's not as big-league as you'd think).
>>
>>43478520
What is "comedic factor" for 20 points?
>>
>>43478771
>comedic factor
>only 20 points
Too OP, this game is unbalanced.
>>
File: wp_ss_20150921_0010.png (334 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20150921_0010.png
334 KB, 480x800
>>43478347
Yes I do.

Think about Prometheus and tell me he wouldn't be able to weaken him and then just pop him off earth. Saitama can't beat what he can't touch and Prometheus can put a universal distance between the two of them or again just weaken him and what is he without his strength?

Hell, pic related could beat him
>>
>>43459562
>>43459562

ABILITIES
Strength: 35
Stamina: 15
Agility: 20
Dexterity: 4
Fighting: 4
Intellect: 0
Awareness: 4
Presence: 4

DEFENSES
Dodge: +40*
Fortitude: +25
Parry:+19*
Toughness: +25*
Will:+24*

SKILLS
Acrobatics 5SPP, Total: +50
Athletics 1SPP, Total: +53
Close Combat 16SPP, Total: +36
Insight 1SPP, Total: +6
Intimidation 5SPP, Total: +14
Investigation 1SPP, Total: +2
Perception 6SPP, +16
Persuasion 4SPP Rank, +12

Saitama, "Caped Baldy," Power Level: ~20

*What this largely does is illustrate the misuse of "Stamina," as physical-toughness, when Strength should dictate how durable your character is as well, as the more athletic you are the more stamina you have in general. Having Strength and Con/For/Sta/etc be a separate stat can work if you what a stat for resolve or literal internal fortitude, but having what amounts to a character's cardiovascular fitness or high-tox resistance also determine how tough their external pain tolerance and literal/actual physical durability is dumb. Fortitude should be Stamina, but Strength should determine Toughness; and in this case his would be +45.
Additionally M&M, like so many RPGs, fails to recognize that the stronger your muscles are, the higher your potential speed is as well.

Additionally, accuracy is almost always sacrificed when translating an element from a narrative to a mechanic; mechanics have to be exact, defined, and literal, while narrative elements do generally abide by a set of self-governing rules, those rules are defined as they are needed, leaving the author with a thousand times more leeway and wiggle room when it comes to a character's abilities.
Saitoma's just a guy with impossibly packed muscles, which consequently also makes him insanely quick and durable.
>>
>>43465340
I think Death Battle is funny sometimes, like when Raiden beat Wolvie. Friend was kinda burthurt about a fictional character losing a third-party fight.
>>
>>43479014
Raiden would surly beat wolverine. He's just too strong and too fast. All the other ones I heard are dumb though.
>>
>>43478897
You do realize it's been stated that if he was to punch all out he'd destroy half the galaxy, right?
>>
>>43478897
>>43479036
Universe not galaxy. Plus he could just jump from wherever you put him.
>>
>>43479054
Universe, sorry, yea.

But people seem to fail to understand the concept of his character.
>>
>>43479022
I know, but my friend brought up bullshit about adamantine being infused into Wolverine's tendons and blood cells and generally acted way too butthurt, so Death Battle can't be all that bad.
>>
>>43465212
Thematically, I could just imagine Travis Touchdown fighting his way through the superhero ranks so he can get strong enough to fight Saitama.

He wouldn't succeed, but it would probably make a fun story.
>>
>>43479173
Tell your friend he's dumb. I have iron infused into my tendons and blood cells but that doesn't help me turn blades.
>>
>>43479036
The only reason its not the entire universe is because half of it would be behind him when he punched.
>>
>>43479240
The tendons thing probably is how some (dumb) writer tried to hand wave why people don't just pull and Ultimate Hulk and tear Logan in half more often.
Ignoring the fact that hardened tendons have no use.
>>
>>43479284
I really liked Wolverine back when he was just a dude with claws, senses, a mysterious past, a Japanese girlfriend, and who healed like a normal person, just all the way from things he shouldn't.
>>
>>43474972
You know even win that it wouldn't change much, they'd still have the power of a fastball. Besides they'll still be going at sublight speed and won't even leave the milky way galaxy for another 200,000,000 years or so.
>>
Why the fuck are we assuming that saitama is incapable of punching faster than the speed of light?
Its a fictional universe. I'm certain he could punch faster than light.
>>
>>43479467
And he does in the ONE webcomic.
>>
>>43479247
No, both what's in front of him and behind him would be destroyed. What's left unscathed would be what's on his sides.
>>
A full power punch would probably, in a purely narrative sense, rip him out if the comic.
>>
>>43479014
I agree its entertaining for the most part. But some of their decisions just piss me off, like the Toph Vs. Gaara fight. They took Toph at her strongest and put her in her young body, but ignored the Shukaku in the fight completely, additionally somehow letting Toph earthbend when she couldn't move anything.
>>
>>43480177
To be fair, you could argue that Shukaku is not Gaara. But the bending without moving was bullshit, only Bumi did that.
>>
>>43480219
Bumi did move, he just didn't move much.
>>
>>43480219
Well I didn't like shukaku to begin with because of his oh so edgy background and bullshit powers. But to be fair i criticize a lot of anime for relying solely on overused themes.
>>
>>43459562
When you try and fight Saitama, roll as many dices as you can.
This is the number of times he'll dodge instead of one-hitting you. Then you're dead. He'd be a game mechanic, not a character.
>>
File: 1445068643674.jpg (165 KB, 1280x865) Image search: [Google]
1445068643674.jpg
165 KB, 1280x865
>>43480257
Shukaku was the demon sealed within Gaara. He didn't really have any characterization, other than psychopath, until late in shippuden.
>>43480177
>>43480219
What I really would have liked to see was Toph Vs Magneto
>>
>>43480380
Depends. Child toph would get wrecked but elder lady toph would probably stand toe to toe with him easily.
>>
>>43480395
At full power Magneto would just suppress the EM force of electrons, not even a fair fight.
Marvel characters in general have the problem that some hack wrote them as having stupid bullshit OP powers and abilities and suddenly it's canon, like the Hulk beating a super-demon-powered Dr. Strange or Dr. Doom fighting off a host of Celestials.
>>
I'd stat him as the flavor-of-the-month anime power level bullshit character.
>>
>>43480486
Well Doom's suit is so fucking powerful that I'm not surprised. The list of relics and bullshit materials he has in that suit is staggering. Apparently here's even a few chunks of the original cross in there.
>>
>>43480518
>flavor of the month
On /co/ we've been hype about OPM for a couple years now.
>>
>>43480518
He's been around for a hell of a lot longer than a month. Over six months ago people were hyped about the anime trailer but now that he first half dozen episodes are out people are going full nerd over it.
>>
>>43480647
It's only been leaking on to other boards in the past month or so. It's been almost impossible to go a couple of days without a thread jerking it off to how unbeatable this fictional character is.
>>
>>43480665
That's because the anime just came out like a month ago.
>>
>>43480486
I like the one where the hulk can see ghosts because bruce banner is that paranoid about his dad coming back from the dead.
>>43480665
In fairness the whole point of the comic is he cant be beat. Like not even usual shonen you cant beat the protagonist levels. Even he is butthurt about it.
>>
>>43480694
So what's the point in masturbatory threads like this? Like TTGL, like JoJo, like everything else this is just FOTM. The one thing that makes it even worse is how everyone has to smugly point out that the exercise is pointless because the character is the best character that ever existed in any setting, objectively.

And then the whole process gets repeated two days later. I can't wait to see the same people making the same points about how Saitama is omnipotent tomorrow, on a brand new thread asking us to stat him in a different system or comparing him to a character from a /tg/-setting.
>>
>>43480718
uh, anon, both those things you listed as flavor of the month are enduring favorites that are still discussed when similar content comes up.

does "flavor of the month" mean "important cultural milestone that will be part of the common vernacular for years to come" to you? Because, based on your past examples of FoTM, that is what it seems like you think it means.
>>
>>43480733
Not every couple of days.
>>
>>43480718
I don't know man, whats the point of any of these threads? Do you know how many times I have read about riptides being bullshit? I don't even play 40K. People like to discuss things, if you don't want to look at it then don't. The catalog condenses all the things you hate into one easily ignored picture.
>>
>>43480739
I think you might not understand how human content cycles work.

When a thing has a new content release, or is exposed to a new audience, it will be discussed more frequently than it is discussed at other times. This pattern follows for nearly every industry or media one can care to mention.

This is perfectly normal, and part of the lifespan of any product, media, or image.
>>
>>43472310
SO SHINY, SO BLACK!
>>
>>43480395
Toph is nowhere near as powerfull as Magneto. Even if she somehow got a bullshit boost like Firebenders get from Sozin's Comet she still would barely be able to scratch him.
>>
>>43472830
Genos is male. So is Speed of Sound Sonic.
>>
File: Doom vs Celestials 1.jpg (815 KB, 1272x1920) Image search: [Google]
Doom vs Celestials 1.jpg
815 KB, 1272x1920
>>43480486
>Dr. Doom fighting off a host of Celestials
That actually made sense in the context of the What-if.
>>
>>43480743
Except there's merit in a discussion about how to try and counter riptides using certain armies.

In the case of OPM, every discussion has to end in 'he cannot be statted, he cannot be beaten, he always wins everything forever.' There shouldn't be a discussion on the matter at all yet somehow, threads like this are drawn out into two hundred post slogs. That's the worst part, there's no merit to discussing anything about the character.
>>
>>43480865
There is plenty interesting to discuss about Saitama. It's just that his power level isn't among those topics.
>>
>>43480865
Then go spend your time elsewhere doing something that doesn't bother you. No one is forcing you to read the thread.
>>
>>43474974
Yeah, he's suppose to be androgynous, cuz he's the pretty bad boy that all fujoshis (however you spell that) love.
>>
>>43479448
Look you mouthbreathing retard, Saitama's punch can destroy half the universe. That's a fact. From there, you just need to work backwards to find out how much energy he needs to throw a punch with in order to achieve that.

Now, does anybody know roundabout how much energy it would take to destroy half the universe?
>>
>>43483004
Like, it depends on what you mean by destroyed.

Honestly, I don't think we can conceptualize the idea of the universe being destroyed, only things inside of it.
>>
>>43483400
What if we condence half of everything in the universe into a massive ball. If Saitama punched that blob he would annihilate it.
>>
>>43460656
the manga is brilliant, fuck off plebian.

https://twitter.com/myuutasu/status/660601192574140417
>>
>>43465993
But Saitama isn't enjoying the fantasy. He's fucking BORED. If it was a power trip dream, he'd dream about actually working to defeat an opponent, not a guy who is bored because he can kill things in one punch.
>>
>>43465487
>>43466403
Fuck off with your Kanitanism ethics. A good deed should not be devalued because you enjoy doing good deeds. That logic is asinine.
>>
>>43483651
Besides, they already did a dream reveal.
It was the only time he had a good fight.
>>
>>43483434
What if he could just punch with enough force to instantly convert 1/4 of the universe to antimatter which would then anihilate with another 1/4 of the universe, leaving 1/2 the universe left?

is that how antimatter works? I don't know physics
>>
>>43483724
What about the guys who were in it only for fame and money? There were a few guys like that, I think.
>>
>>43471851
>>43472724
So even lifting couldn't cure you of your betamilquetoasis.
>>
>>43485415
Kinda, only problem is the anti-matter would have a leidenfrost effect and wouldn't annihilate immediately. I more think his punch would go so fast that relativity comes into play and it would gain greater than infinite mass, due to going faster than the speed of light, and that would propagate a wave of gravity that would act like a moving event horizon destroying everything it comes into contact with. Due to the inertia of the punch the wave would only propagate in one direction though.
>>
>>43459562

Just like you can't stat Cthulhu, you can't stat Saitama.
>>
>>43486453
Also gravity only moves at the speed of light, so it WOULD destroy half the universe, just in a billion or so years.
>>
>>43485562
Just because you're a hero doesn't mean you can't be an asshole.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.