[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Night Witches RPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 443x332
As Somebody with a great interest in the WWII all females bomber squadron is the good awful apocalypse world system work enduring for that sweet Russian air action?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 443x332
Note the inclusion of the lesbian fighter pilots. Like what the fuck? Show this to happen in the Barracks but should really be front and centre? I mean a Delta Green mate have you playing in FBI agent in the 50s but it wouldn't have J eggar Hoover in dress on it's cover
>>
>>43458231
Apocalypse world is very much what you make of it, given you have to nearly rewrite the whole system every single time you swap it to a new setting. It'd probably work pretty okay actually, considering how fucking nebulous and confusing WWII air combat can be.
>>
>>43458231
Why don't you use the actual system from that RPG? It works perfectly.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oma98131893ylui/Night+Witches+RPG.pdf
>>
>>43458342
The apocalypse engine is a lot like MacBook computers. It will get the job done but it will never shine. It's fan base thinks is the second coming of God but only because they've The only other experiences of Microsoft D20 system.

Just is there any decent crunch on dogfights but? As fun as acting out military homoeroticism is you do kind of need it.
>>
>>43458408
Yeah it's never the BEST for anything.

I've never seen dogfights done well. Planes and Mercs supposedly has some pretty hard crunch on it but the actual rules are kept under lock and key like some kinda fucking trade secret. The Only War Aeronautica supplement actually ends up being suprisingly good, if weirdly balanced.

My friend also has a homebrew that deals with dogfights in a pretty militarylust way, but it isn't really intended for PC operated aircraft, more for resolving small skirmishes between 2 to 20 aircraft in as much depth as possible while still getting it over with quickly. Since like, the system as a whole was built over a campaign where we ran modern day Earth's defence against the advance scout force of a Type II civilisation.
>>
>>43458518
>>43458518
I was looking for a planes and mercs ruleset only to find it hidden behind locked doors.

Dive Into the Sky was for Strike Witches, maybe refluff it for actual dogfights? Then again it's just wh40k RPG so aeronautical might just be your best bet.
>>
>>43458518
>>43458577
Personal conspiracy theory: Planes & Mercs doesn't exist, never did. Steve the Mysterious Super GM and all those original threads weren't based on an actual game, they were just some guy making stuff up. Later versions of the rules were just refluffed Mercenary Air Squadron or Air War C21 sets, with lots of handwaving and jargon.
>>
>>43458577
>>43458518
Wut? How can you concealed table top game rules? There has been quests on tg.
>>
>>43458884
Consider for a fucking second your ability to understand anything beyond the absolute basics of good rolls bad rolls about the "rules" of, let alone replicate for the purpose of playing, the average quest on /tg/. INCLUDING the quests using established rulesets from real TTRPG books.
>>
>>43458605
I'd be willing to believe it, sad cause I want a good dogfight ruleset that doesn't have to be a tabletop minis game.
>>
>>43458605
>>43458884
>>43458896
That's looking pretty painfully obvious.

What is a good system then for doing every areobatic battles then? Surely TG has made a star fox game or something?
>>
>>43458331
That's because he's not a strong, independent woman who don't need no man.
>>
>>43458231
>>43458331
Your sentence construction is terrible. Pay more attention in school.
>>
File: full on truth.jpg (57 KB, 461x513) Image search: [Google]
full on truth.jpg
57 KB, 461x513
>>43458605
>>43458577
>>43458518

the planes n' mercs guy is a verified attention whore, 1d4chan hack, and asshole, likely a social eBayer too. who the fuck else puts HOLY SHIT in their tag line instead of setting appropriate hooks?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.