[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The party are the Ghost in the shell team The world is cyberpunk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: thoon_destroyer.jpg (29 KB, 254x320) Image search: [Google]
thoon_destroyer.jpg
29 KB, 254x320
The party are the Ghost in the shell team
The world is cyberpunk future
A Japanese mega corporate empire rules humanity. Beyond the walls are wasteland, mutants and chaos

The party fights against anarchy and terrorism. Time and again they are the dagger in the night. They climb the black roots to the peak of a conspiracy.

They have encountered enemies insidious and far reaching. An Organization that sows chaos, mortal crime ruling the downtrodden, and now...The supernatural.
>>
In this far future, man may soon be destroyed by the great pens of the old ones. Mind flayers seek the subjugation of our lesser species, and have begun to move to their end game.

How best would you work the elder power to the destruction of man?

Tear down his cities? Burn the world? Warp the flesh of the weak and feast upon their minds?
>>
>>43455497
Literally 'knowledge which man was not meant to know'.

A memetic magi-virus turning all the people into prayer terminals for the elder power's gods.
>>
>>43455455
Ghost of Cthuhlu interesting idea.
>>
>>43455556
>memetic magi-virus
That is cool! I would live to steal credit for that. So a self propegating intellectual virus. Elder signs. Makes you obsessed with knowing more and spreading the word. Recursively overwrites human minds and spreads through dense populations.

:D
>>
>>43455556
I agree, should have it spread silently at first to infect as much as possible. Then pop it at critical mass. Later having followers track down any stragglers.
>>
>>43455601
Read "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson, it's cyberpunk (but more towards over the top 80s and satire in a way) and deals with memetic viruses heavily,
>>
>>43455683
Oh right! I remember that!
*furiously takes notes*
>>
>>43455601
Becarful though the team from Ghost in the shell would be difficult if they catch the who thing early. If were talking canon show the Majors going to be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>43455707
A great plot thread would be a traitor story line which would fit insanely well with the shows and setting themes.
>>
>>43455771
>>43455736
The players are 90% there, but all oc donut steels.

Fitting in betrayal at this point will simply be the stone that broke the landmates back
>>
>>43455455
>the party are the Ghost in the shell team

Dude that's like calling 'James T Kirk the captain of Star Trek' or bond an agent of 007.
>>
>>43455811
If you do do it here's some tip.

>Played a "The Thing" style game awhile back
>when DM did traitor stuff he passed notes. To everyone at the same time so no one knew who knew what.
>Only took people aside when it was life or death.
>control of info is key.
I was second guy left standing and dude i was with shot me thinking i was one of them. Dude then got swarmed.

My point is make it so on one knows everything and you can make your players freak the fuck out.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.