[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ideas you'd love to play/run thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 511x288
Hey /tg/. I've been watching MMPR on Netflix recently and it gave me an idea for a campaign. TL:DR version. Pacific Rim, MMPR and Scion mushed together using a slightly house-diddled version of Monsters and Other Childish Things.
Would you play it?
Do you have any ideas you want to share?
>>
>>43452963
Shameful self bump
>>
File: 1402740052891.png (444 KB, 465x455) Image search: [Google]
1402740052891.png
444 KB, 465x455
>>43452963
>Ideas you'd love to play/run thread
I'd love to play a really, really, really, REALLY fucking edgy and grimderp campaign once. The kind where all the PCs are chaotic neutral anti-heroes and we're all just as likely to save the princess as we are to gangrape her and feed her to the dragon that kidnapped her. The kind where we play literal murderhobos in a stupidly cathartic game.
>>
>>43452963
Players are a group of Knights who have to raise their country's version of elite Calvary. Dragons
Hijinks ensue
Not!Germany/Middle Europe has Gryphons
Not!Spain Wyvern
>>
>>43453060
that could be good with the right players
I had an idea for a villainous Supes campaign
>PCs are low-power supes in a crime family
>dealin the drugs
>robban the banks
>takin the turfs
> desperately trying to avoid the OP guys in tights
Think Sopranos/the Warriors meets DCU.
>>
>>43453135
So they're Knights on flying beasties? That sounds neat senpai.
Would it be centred around wars between these different nations?
>>
>>43452963
Okay I'll expand on this a little
>set in the near future
>PCs are descendants of God-alien thingies from various Pantheons
>meteor showers errywhere
>there's titans and various titanspawn in the meteors
>also mechs that are coded to the PC's DNA
>so now they fight big mythology themed kaiju
>also they have coloured armour and junk and use thematic weapons too.
>>
Another idea I'd run
>fantasy settlers looking to colonize an unexplored continent
>PC's job is to protect the convoy
>fightan the Indigs
>fightan the Bears and other animals
>foraging and shit
>landslides
>half the convoy gets separated and resort to cannibalism to survive, they all become Wendigos and start hunting the rest of the convoy
>maybe do a follow up campaign in the town they eventually build.
>>
>>43453472
I would play the shit out of that.
>>
>>43453472
Get Better Angels, you'll love it.
>>
>>43454642
I don't have that book yet but I thought that was all about demons and stuff? Either way all of the ORE books are amazingly good for mining ideas.
>>
>>43454780
Sort of. It's really about being a big overdramatic supervillain whilst (usually) trying to actually harm as few people as possible.
Your superpowers come from a demon who wants you to kill everyone, sure. The trick is you're supposed to be a mostly decent person trying to keep hold of the superpower-granting demon so that it doesn't drag you to hell or get transferred to an actual psychopath where it can really do some damage.
It mostly just plays as you guys being supervillain Rube Goldberg mustache twirlers so you can be thwarted and go, "CURSE YOU HEROES!"
>>
A slice-of-life game about travel, making money, escaping trouble with your wits and social skills with violence as a desperate last resort. Basically Spice and Wolf: The Game.

My players get bored by anything that isn't a hack-and-slash dungeon crawl, though.
>>
>>43453855
I had an idea for a greek-mythos themed PR campaign, too bad I'm a shit improviser or I'd GM it in a heartbeat
>>
>>43454963
That sounds really interesting, but the villain campaign I had in mind would have them be actively unmoustache-twirly. Still gonna get it though.
>>
>>43452963
I've always wanted to play a supers game that advances through genres and power levels like samurai flamenco.
Like they start as small time wannabes in costumes like kick-ass, in a world when no superheroes. They spend a few sessions finding pets and fighting petty criminals, and then a real costumed criminal appears, like an edgy trust punk kid or a first world anarchist wannabe, and then a superpowered individual emerges who shakes things up, and the world starts questioning the implications of superpowers, going into a dark age watchmen spiel. Then more and more costumed, superpowered individuals appear and the world starts taking them less seriously, because they're fighting giant squids and making puns and eventually the campaign settles into the silver age.
>>
>>43453472
I would play that so hard. Even more if it wasn't like the ones from the Boys or something, and the superheroes are actually good guys and played straight.
>>
>>43454424
Damn I was thinking of doing a campaign based around colonising a new continent but most of the conflict would be with rival nations also hoping to tap into this amazing source of resources, so sorta like the great rush to colonise Africa.
>>
Modern campaign with minor supernatural elements with gang wars and seedy underbelly if the main city, and players have separate agendas but are friends at the same time, so like paranoia but no friend computer.
>>
>>43455502
Literally the backdoor pilot from Supernatural
>>
>>43455428
Yeah the supes are (mostly) genuine good guys
I had an idea of an older guy supe leading a gangbuster squad that does some morally dubious things though.
>>
>>43455502
Unknown armies could help with that.
(A lot of WHORE shilling in this thread)
It's a little more on the surreal side though.
>>
>>43453472
So, Superior Foes?
>>
I'd like to run something based on Noragami. Players play very minor gods, barely better than a regular human, doing odd jobs in order to gain offerings and worship. Eventually they get their own shrines and become part of the pantheon.

I don't even know what system to use. I can only comfortably run Pathfinder and D&D 5e, and I feel that would put too much emphasis on combat and gimp players wanting to play less-combaty characters.
>>
>>43455598
Well yes the PCs would be street level where the other supes would be street to Justice league level. But mostly they would do their best to avoid those guys and if they had to take one out they'd have to do it in a way that wasn't a straight-up fight.
>>
>>43455809
Namely, most of the antagonists would be other gangs and their leaders, gangbusters and whatnot. One of the other gang leaders would be a Chinese lady running a people-smuggling/prostitution ring out of little China. Every now and then one of her girls would go missing.
she can turn into a giant snake and she eats people
>>
File: Rise-of-the-Guardians-2012.jpg (726 KB, 2048x1537) Image search: [Google]
Rise-of-the-Guardians-2012.jpg
726 KB, 2048x1537
>>43452963
Rise of the Guardians, not sure what I could play it in though.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.