[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how badly will they fuck it up? Also are you ready for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5
File: kL2UhIGIHQ_icon.jpg (237 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
kL2UhIGIHQ_icon.jpg
237 KB, 768x432
So how badly will they fuck it up?

Also are you ready for the return of Madness?
>>
>jace on the same world we last saw tamtam

Just fuck my shit up.
>>
>jace again already when liliana's probably going to be involved somehow too
>tamiyo never
>>
Maybe we'll get taming on return to kami Gawa?
>>
>>43442195
>Not wanting to see Tamiyo getting kekqueened by Liliana
>>
File: 1426212056722.jpg (79 KB, 750x724) Image search: [Google]
1426212056722.jpg
79 KB, 750x724
>>43442122
>>43442195
>jace again in general
He's had six different versions printed in ten regular sets. Please stop, Wizards.
>>
>>43442116
I want Jace to go full psycho-villain Blue-Black.
>>
>>43442237
He is the modern Urza. The central character which the stories are formed around.
And he is the only one who really would not stick out in Innistrad besides Lilliana.
>>
>>43442116
>Jace and Sorin fighting psychic horrors together
>busting cults in not-Innsmouth
>brooding

Oh Christ, this set.

It's going to be like Batman teams up with Batman to fight Cthulhu. Except one of the Batmen is an ancient vampire.
>>
>>43442845
You mean the Urza that one specific story was formed around, and no shoved into every setting in the game, to Mary sue it up?
>>
>>43442116
>Madness

Way too strong, expect specific tech against it in Revenge of Theros

Leokridos of Akroas WRR

Legendary Creature: Human Warrior

If a card would be discarded, exile it instead.

"Madness? This is the law of Akroas!"

3/2
>>
>>43442907
I don't usually care that much about M:tG lore but Jace and Sorin working together sounds hilarious. The first Uncharted Realms better be just be wholly dedicated to them trying to outsmug each other.
>>
>>43442942
You realize the most liked planeswalker right now is Jace?
And to be honest he is hardly a Sue. He fucks up. He is not perfect. He does things and has to deal with the consequences.
>>
>>43442976
jace is a lot of things, but if he's a sue every walker is.
>>
>>43442116
>Jace in Innistrad
Fuck this shit
>>
>>43442976
He's overexposed. Let him rest for a block or three.
>>
>Jace: The Jacering
>>
>Already print a $70 jace in standard
>Going to print ANOTHER jace
>New jace is either going to be absolute trash competing with the other jace, or overpowered
>Either way it is going to turn out bad
Why the fuck is jace going to be in SIN? Or is it just speculation?
>>
Is he wearing a leather jacket?
>>
>>43443522
And he's popping his collar too
>>
I hope they do the BfZ thing and just put him on card art/flavor text
>>
>>43442976
That's not the point. People are getting tired of him.
>>
>>43442944
This^
On the art behind him appears his wife
>>
>>43445119
I've BEEN tired of him since the fifth set he got printed in.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>43442116
>the return of Madness
I fully expect Development to overprice the shit out of it.
>>
>>43442195
>tamiyo never
Why do you say such hurtful things, anon?
>>
>>43445119
Maybe you are, but the audience they're trying to sell cards to clearly isn't.
>>
>>43445673
Give it time, even casuals are noticing it.
>>
>>43445652
heh
>>
>>43442976

People that care about the story don't care about Jace, that's the problem. People who care about Jace like Jace because Mind Sculptor was a colossal fuck up. If Urza ever got a $100 card we'd be cool with it because he is a properly fleshed out character that didn't take 10 years to get motivations and a proper place in the universe.
>>
>>43445652
inb4 they do like they did with Morph and have every Madness cost be exactly 1 less (or god forbid 1 more) than the card's regular cost and leave it at that
>>
OH MY GOD HE HAS THREE COLLARS
>>
>>43442237
Most of his appearances were in core sets. You know, the things that are irrelevant to the story and have now been discontinued.

He's been involved in three stories now: original Zendikar, Return to Ravnica, and Battle for Zendikar. Shadows over Innsmouthistrad will be his fourth appearance in the story--and, amusingly, the first one in which Gideon doesn't also feature.

For some perspective, with BFZ being Jace's third story appearance, it's also Gideon's. Elspeth was also in three storylines before she kicked it, and Sarkhan and Sorin just wrapped up their third appearances.

Ajani, Tezzeret, and Venser have had two, and Nissa, Kiora, and Ob are in the middle of their second--presumably Chandra, as well. Bolas arguably made as much of an appearance in Tarkir as Jace is in BFZ, and Ugin's about as present as Jace is, so we'll give the dragons two appearances each as well.

That leaves Liliana, Garruk, Tamiyo, Tibalt, Vraska, Domri, Ral, Ashiok, Xenagos, and Narset sitting at one appearance each.

Karn's still had more story appearances than any of the other walkers.
>>
>>43442945
>Jace
>smug
Confirmed for not knowing anything about the character.
>>
Wait, is the story on Zendikar wrapped up already? What happened? Which of the Eldrazi is on Innistrad?

Also Innistrad again this quickly, really?
>>
>>43443169
>Wasn't in Scars of Mirrodin or Innistrad
>Wasn't in Theros or Tarkir
Up until now, they've let him rest for two blocks at a time. And now, the first time that he's in two blocks in a row, they've changed the schedule so that two blocks take as much time as one block did prior. It's the same amount of Jace.
>>
>>43446188
And they're all popped.
>>
File: dude really.png (83 KB, 313x290) Image search: [Google]
dude really.png
83 KB, 313x290
>>43442945
For some reason I can't help but imagine Sorin as this bitch in this situation.
>>
>>43446437
I assume kozilek is the one in innistrad. He doesn't float around.
Emrakul will be reserved vs phyrexia where it's robots vs aliens. I bet emrakul will make an entrance there like the saucers from independence day.
>>
>>43442116
Please use more context in your OP posts. I have no idea what you are talking about, I don't even know what game we are talking about except someone else mentioned Jace.
>>
>>43446736
It looks like Kozi is going to be in the next BfZ set.
SoI looks like a Jace trying to find Lilli plot.
You can bet we'll get a raven man card and maybe even Bolas.
>>
>>43445652
>tfw madness will be UB again even though red could use it the most because getting value isn't short-sighted enough to be red
I know red's gotten its pittance of madness cards, but seriously it should be RB.
>>
>>43446777
Slow moron pussy faggot
>>
>>43446812
No, OP is legit a fag. I wasn't sure if that was jace or not until I saw avacyn's collar [insert ancient grudge reference here] all warped in the background.
>>
>>43446796
>a Jace trying to find Lilli plot
Uh, no. Jace has already distanced himself from her in both "Catching Up" and "Revelation at the Eye," the latter of which featured him thinking that one would "be kidding yourself" to refer to Liliana as his ally.

He's going to Innistrad at Ugin's behest, to find Sorin and find out why he didn't bring Nahiri to Zendikar like he was supposed to.
>>
>>43446736
Kozilek's Hat is the set symbol of Oath, so unless the plot of Oath is 'Kozi fucks Zendikar up then hits Innistrad immediately after', it's not him.
It's most likely Emrakul dicking around on Innistrad - the BfZ fatpack guide says she's the Titan of Corruption and she's the one who does gravity fuckery and general reality dickings (which would work well with the twisting collar)
>>
>>43446937
The twisting collar? Do you mean Avacyn's collar? The symbol of the church of Avacyn, which werewolves hate?
>>
>>43446967
Yes! That collar, which werewolves hate! Avacyn's Collar, the symbol of her church!
>>
>>43447302
Goddamnit.
>>
>>43447316
Are you a werewolf? There's a possibility, because you seem to dislike collars - especially Avacyn's Collar, the symbol of her church.
>>
>>43447302
I heard werewolves hate all collars. Do they hate Avacyn's collar in particular?
>>
>>43447367
Yes, that's true! If there's anything a werewolf hates, it's a collar - especially Avacyn's Collar, the symbol of her church.
>>
File: Chaika! On the front lines!.jpg (93 KB, 912x660) Image search: [Google]
Chaika! On the front lines!.jpg
93 KB, 912x660
>>43447447
Yes! Hate by werewolves! Collar! Church symbol of Avacyn! Hate!
>>
>Madness exiles cards
>instant Processors get better

Nice.
>>
>>43447702
You don't seem to be doing very well. Are you alright? Perhaps you should see a priest, they're good at comforting people - you can find them easily enough, too. Just look for the buildings marked with Avacyn's Collar - the symbol of her church. Those are the churches of Avacyn, for whom Avacyn's Collar is the symbol of.
>>
>>43448109
Thank you, I will search for this choker which is a motif of Avacyn, that represents her eclergy, which lycantropes seem to detest particularly.
>>
>>43446799
>Psychatog deck makes a comeback
>>
>>43446859
Don't come into a thread just to bitch that you didn't get what the thread was about.
>>
>>43448690
>>43448109
>>43447702
>>43447447
>>43447367
>>43447348
>>43447302
>>43446967
I want this meme to live.
>>
Werewolves, you see, are closely connected to dogs. Both represent a middle-ground between wolves and men. Now, while dogs frequently wear collars with pride as a symbol of their connection to us, werewolves are strong, independent wolfir who don't need no [hu]man; thus they display scorn for collars in general as symbols of subservience. However, Avacyn's Collar, the symbol of the Church of Avacyn, holds a special position of scorn amongst werewolves; they may dislike most collars, but Avacyn's Collar, the symbol of her church - an organisation which frequently hunts werewolves - is particularly loathsome to them.
>>
>>43450008
So what, exactly, is it you are saying? Is it that werewolves sorta dislike collars a bit?
>>
>>43442116

You mean Mega Madness, OP?

I like how Jace's getting a cool coat and a hair redo so he can hang out with Sorin? It was about time he got rid of the belt shirt.
>>
>>43443348

Ugin sent him to find Sorin and Nahiri so they can restore the hedron network and lock up the eldrazi again.

Plot wise I think they'll probably temporarily stop Ulamog in Oath of the Gatewatch and realize Kozilek is messing around the core of Zendikar, not gone. Jace goes to Innistrad to find Sorin and Nahiri, some shit happens (maybe Emrakul shows up there?), they go to another plane for the next set, and in 2017 go back to Zendikar and lock them all up again.
>>
>>43451059
>Mega Madness
Add two or three generic mana to the Maddness cost in exchange for a +1/+1 counter when it comes into play?
>>
Jaya Ballard is just "missing." Never confirmed dead.

Bring back mai waifu Wizards pls.
>>
>>43451059
Fuck, I love the idea of that.

>"Alright newwalker, you don't have anywhere near the style necessary to be seen around me, but we can fix that."
>"What? I'm Jace! I'm the face of Magi"-
>"Look at that spiky gelled mess of hair. And those rags? It's not 1999 anymore, dressing like a hobo went out with Linkin Park."
>"B-but... but..."
>"Fist things first, let's get you a nice, big coat. If you must insist on looking at least a little like a douche, you can turn the collar up."
>>
>>43447702
Darcsen scum.
>>
>>43449668
Where did the ancient grudge meme even come from.
>>
>>43452434
The card itself
>>
>>43452434
If there's anything /tg/ hates, it's overexplained flavortext - especially the overexplained flavortext of Ancient Grudge, a prime example of overexplained flavortext.
>>
If there's anything Mark Rosewaters hates, it's people not riding his dick —especially tumblr dickriders, a group who enjoys riding dicks.
>>
>>43453390
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIS-6mxJh5w
>>
>>43442845
Jaces Saga
Jaces Legacy
>>
>>43446104
Listen, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but JTMS was the greatest planeswalker of all time
>>
I hate almost all of Magic's story elements. I hate Planeswalkers are recurring central characters. I like just a little bit of new information and story elements when new planes or blocks are introduced.

Fuck.
>>
>>43446104
This x1000000
>>
Don't care as long as they print more Ludevic related cards.

He was my favorite flavor character since bo levar and Lim Dul.
>>
>>43456713
Incorrect, actually.
It's more that people who care about the story know that Jace isn't a big deal, he's a nerd who the universe shits on 90% of the time and hasn't really done shit-all until Return to Ravnica. Then he got stuck with a job he didn't want (and doesn't want because holy fuck it is NOT a pretty job) and hadn't done...anything ELSE until Battle for Zendikar
>>
>>43456851
He has like 10+ planeswalker cards, including reprints. Also JTMS.

I would have loved to see Tamiyo's face there, that's an interesting character.
>>
>>43457030
Most of which are from core sets. He's had six cards total, which while yes is the most, it's by one - with the runners up being a tie between Ajani, Chandra, and Garruk at five apiece. Meanwhile, Sarkhan's had four and not a one has been in a core set.
I'll give you Mindsculptor, and that Tamiyo needs to show up more and should've been in the set (and is why I'm hoping they have Jace go UW actually, it's been stated that he's leaning that way anyways but they didn't want to print him as such in a Ravnica set)
>>
>>43457245
Be a dear and count for me all of Jace planeswalkers cards with they respective reprints vs everyone else.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.