[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ Star Wars General- Space Cats edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: bad kitty.webm (2 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
bad kitty.webm
2 MB, 1280x544
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny), d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and transparisteel appendages.

Previous Thread: >>43412400

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/nXspTQRn
>>
File: Loth-Cat.gif (1 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
Loth-Cat.gif
1 MB, 500x280
>>43440111
>Nexu

Pfft get a real space cat. A fierce one.
>>
File: cuddly nexu.jpg (409 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
cuddly nexu.jpg
409 KB, 600x800
>>43440148
Nexu's are love though!

Also for your miserable bastards F&D is up on KAT.
>>
At the risk of creating another shitpost argument, I am starting to see why many people have complaints about KOTOR 2.
>Not even off Telos yet and already I'm level 12
>Pathing bugs, oh god the pathing bugs
>this fucking interface screw when I use speed
>everyone and their mom has a hidden agenda
>apparently, every VA got a free hit of vicodin before each session
>I don't actually LIKE any of these characters. Kreia's annoying and comes off like Babby's First Objectivist Pamphlet, Atton is cynical to the point of ridiculousness and has an unaccountable hatred of droids, Bao-dur is bland like woah. Hell, I like T3 the most and he doesn't even have readable subtitles!

Really, this game feels like I'm playing Fallout again, but with even more scifi elements than before. It's just... this is it? This is the thing I've heard praise for? I'm not going to say that the bugs detract from the experience because we've all played buggy games, sometimes BECAUSE they're buggy, but some of the design choices are a bit weird.

Like why, when making a lightsaber, can I not use parts that I make at the workbench to just make it? Why do I have to specifically go out and find all these parts that are no doubt going to be scattered over god knows how many planets?

Or who gives a shit about the influence system? I don't give a shit about the characters so I don't particularly give a shit what they think about me in turn and also there doesn't seem to be any indicator of how much I can influence my party that I can find.

Or why, when you have the 'aren't we clever, we're making a commentary on how PCs steal anything they can' did they not include a 'give the item back' choice? It feels like I'm getting shit on by this game without any way to offer a rebuttal or even a chance to 'correct' my behavior.
>>
>>43440183
Also, Kreia, I am not only helping people to gain experience and money but also because, in real life, not everyone can be a self-sufficient sociopath who scorns others and tells them to GITGUDSCRUB. Sometimes people run into a problem they can't handle and they need help and that is FINE so sit down, shut the fuck up, and stop being so fucking creepy.
>>
File: 2015-11-03_00001.jpg (117 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-03_00001.jpg
117 KB, 1366x768
>>43440183
>>43440192
>writes out long rant, forgets picture mentioned
>>
Hey /tg/, I'm thinking about running a Star Wars game in the Rebellion era. What system should I use?
>>
File: Lasers & Feelings.png (564 KB, 1550x1200) Image search: [Google]
Lasers & Feelings.png
564 KB, 1550x1200
>>43440233

Pic related.

More seriously though, FFG (IMO) or maybe WEG d6. I guess if d20 is your thing (eww) you could use Saga.
>>
>>43440183
>>43440192
>Really, this game feels like I'm playing Fallout again
gee, I wonder who the primary writer is.....
>>43440233
either AoR or D6 is a great choice. SAGA/d20 is not a good plan, unless you literally have a brain problem where you can't play anything without a d20
>>
File: youngling.jpg (428 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
youngling.jpg
428 KB, 1600x600
Did all the Younglings from the TCW arc die during the sacking of the Jedi Temple?
>>
>>43440293
possibly, but not necessarily. they were probably assigned to masters immediately due to the lack of apprentices due to the massive number of clone wars casualties. some of them might have dies, but others, or even all might have survived
>>
>>43440258
Is there anything to look out for, for someone who is new to the WEG d6?
>>
File: 1340240.jpg (154 KB, 893x859) Image search: [Google]
1340240.jpg
154 KB, 893x859
What race was Darth Nihilus?
>>
>>43440377
there are two blatant things that you need to worry about right off the bat: Skipray Blastboats and bulletproof wookiees
in order, skiprays are considered to be shitty capital ships, not over-tough starfighters, which causes all sorts of problems, as the capital-fighter gap makes them essentially invulnerable to starfighter weapons and able to one-hit anything starfighter-scale. there are literally hundreds of sets of house-rules to address the capital-fighter gap in SWD6, just look them up online and find the one you like best. the "bulletproof wookiee problem" comes from the fact that you roll damage against strength; so that tough people are able to no-sell blaster bolts and even occasionally lightsabers. again, look up one of a hundred house rules; one will be pretty much exactly what you want.
really, if you are willing to put in a few hours of tweaking, D6 can do literally anything. if you want ship stats, weapon stats, random planets, anything, just post here and I'll either do it or point you to someone who already has
>>
>>43440233
FFG tends to be the most modern, out of the box system for now.
Its not perfect but it runs ok for the most part and does a pretty good job of capturing that cinematic feel
>>
>>43440469
What's the best online starship stat source?
>>
>>43440517
god, it's been years. I can't really say if any of the ones I used are still online. shit, some of them were geocities. there's a compilation by the rancorpit forums, but it has some pretty severe balance issues.
what are you looking for? I probably have it somewhere
>>
>>43440395
Human*
>>
>>43440544
None in particular. I don't actually know what book the Dunelizard is in, but I've seen two different stat blocks for it, and they're both different.
>>
Will we ever get a Skipray in X-Wing?
>>
File: Mimic Droid helping!.webm (723 KB, 1278x718) Image search: [Google]
Mimic Droid helping!.webm
723 KB, 1278x718
>>43440111
>>43440148
Moe probe droid is best pet.
>>
>>43440620
it's not in any canon D6 book, being as it significantly postdates WEG's license to publish SW stuff.
anyways, here's the RancorPit's stats. I'll put mine in the next post

Craft: MandalMotors G1-M4-C Dunelizard Medium Hutt
Fighter
Affiliation: General
Era: Rebellion
Type: Medium fighter
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 11 meters
Skill: Starfighter piloting: G1-M4-C Dunelizard
Crew: 1
Crew Skill: Varies widely
Consumables: 4 days
Cargo Capacity: 85 kilograms
Nav Computer: Yes
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x3
Maneuverability: 2D+2
Space: 8
Atmosphere: 365; 1,050 kmh
Hull: 4D
Shields: 1D
Sensors:
Passive: 10/1D
Scan: 20/2D
Search: 40/3D
Focus: 3/4D
Weapons:
2 Laser Cannons (fire-linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire Control: 2D+1
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmospheric Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 5D
2 Concussion Missile Launchers
Fire Arc: Front
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire Control: 1D+2
Space Range: 1/3/7
Atmospheric Range: 50-100/300/700
Damage: 8D
>>
File: Drat!.webm (597 KB, 1278x718) Image search: [Google]
Drat!.webm
597 KB, 1278x718
>>43440624
This is an indisputable fact.
>>
So I've come to set out a new campaign idea for FFG star wars and see how far off the mark I'm making it. My idea is this. Long before the Jedi existed the old republic is begining to settle the outer rim which at the time of my campaign will be wild planets filled with various beasts and civilizations. Essentially the party will be rangers and explorers on the fringe, helping to bring the rupublic to the rim. Obviously Jedi would be non existant and force users would be nearly non existant but not to say they don't. Small groups of civilizations are living on ships as they go from world to world trying to settle the lands. So the ultimate question is does this sound even slightly entertaining? Or am I stepping out too far away from the star wars core?
>>
>>43440969
the first major problem is that the jedi predate the republic by quite a bit. other than that, what you're describing could happen anywhere from 20,000BBY-23BBY. it's a big fuggin galaxy, afterall
>>
>>43440969
Why would force users be non-existent? There are quite a few races that are naturally force sensitive, and odds are one of them has to have been there for the founding of the original republic. If you choose to make it so none were, thats fine , but you are losing some of the mysticism central to Star Wars and it kind of becomes more of a generic sci-fi setting. The whole force thing and everything that builds upon it adds spice to the setting, take it away and it loses something essential. Still, if you can make it work, I say give it a shot.
>>
>>43440969
Sounds cool, but you may want to adapt it to Rishi or something because the reasons the other anons said
>>
>>43440690
She's too cute for me to take seriously.
>>
>>43440969
>Long before the Jedi existed
As others said, the Jedi pre-date the Republic.

>the old republic is begining to settle the outer rim
Assuming that you're using Legends canon, the Republic first expanded into the Outer Rim around 25,000 BBY, when they discovered the Perlemian Hyperspace Trade Route that ended at Ossus, where the Jedi were based at the time.

To go back even further, though, when we're talking actual sleeper ships and so on, you're digging into the Rakatans and their Empire, since it was humans and Duros reverse-engineering their Force-based hyperdrives into non-Force hyperdrives that really kicked things off at the close of the Unification Wars (25,053 BBY).

This is really fucking ancient history we're talking here. They were expanding into the Rim from a very, very long time ago. The Jedi Order was literally the first thing that the Republic came across, and they didn't take long to sign up with the Republic.
>>
>>43441188
As my go to source states, the jedi order was mostly a monastic order and not so much a protector of the republic until well after the founding of the republic, possibly even further so on if he wants to use new canon, so he can do without jedi but force sensitives will still be a thing.
>>
>>43441296
I'm just pulling stuff off the Wook. It's pretty detailed there. They were still "knights" of a sort even back that far.

In the new canon, no idea.
>>
>>43441343
Supposedly new canon has them becoming protectors of the republic only a thousand or so years before the clone wars if I'm reading the texts right. So he could use that, though I wonder how far into the pre-movie history of the universe Disney is even going to bother with.
>>
>>43441392
Sounds disgusting
>>
>>43441498
I've heard worse, but this also makes me wonder if there have never been actual conflicts between sith and jedi on the major scale before the clone wars. If the jedi knew the sith had previously tried to be the terrible conquerors of the galaxy, wouldn't they have been guardians of the republic far prior to the clone wars? Having them give up the job after defeating the sith seems..weak
>>
>>43441630
No, no, nucanon is that the GALACTIC Republic only came into existence a thousand years ago, they were protectors and guardians of the OLD Republic before that, the Republic consisting of the Core Worlds.
>>
>>43440293
Problably, and those who didn't died might have become sith, after being captured by the empire.
>>
File: fuckin old.jpg (39 KB, 625x505) Image search: [Google]
fuckin old.jpg
39 KB, 625x505
>>43440969
>Or am I stepping out too far away from the star wars core?
Star Wars as a galaxy and to some extent, galactic civilisation is really damn old. Entire empires fall and rise in a century or two, cultures can entirely change within 4-5 generations of people.
Our oldest recorded language was written over 5000 years ago, they're still trying to figure out what it says and no one living really speaks it.

So factor that in as a baseline of sorts that after about 2-3000 years, history is really murky, they have some ideas and events from that far back, but for the most part once you go past 4000 years its so fucking vague you may as well be making shit up anyway! :)
Sure they've had computers, hyperdrives (of sorts) for a long time, but they don't really last like a lump of clay with someone putting squiggles on it, software as a whole if it was to mimic our own progress would be even less reliable because even now we run into problems finding various media devices which will read stuff put on digital formats 30-40 years ago. Progress will slow down of course eventually and become static, but it'll also take a huge dump into the shitter once in a while as well and civilisations cease to exist.

Go back far enough and you've got a sentence to describe what happened 2-3000 years ago. That's not much and pretty much carte blanc to do what you want. Course, you might run into some pain having to come up with materials, gear and vehicles specific to certain eras.
>>
>>43441834
>Course, you might run into some pain having to come up with materials, gear and vehicles specific to certain eras.
So you do what every other EU creative team ever has done: use the specs and stats for a piece of kit that someone has already created, then slap a new name (and maybe new art) on it.
>>
>>43441922
For sure, everything old is new again is pretty much a staple of churning out 'stuff', because PC's love stuff.
Its also sort of important to hit that fine mark between 'Not Star Wars' and 'Star Wars', otherwise it'll have an impact on the level of immersion for the PC's. Blasters might be around, but lugging around a power supply or slug throwers are the preferred weapon in some cases/cultures, hyperdrives might use beacons... every jump an adventure!
>>
>>43440111

>our beasts have been thoroughly trained to only inflict fanservice damage on cute female prisoners
>>
File: Cuddles.jpg (86 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
Cuddles.jpg
86 KB, 768x433
>>43442076
Cuddles can remove half a woman's top in one swipe.
There's something we can all learn from that anon.
>>
Does anyone have links to WEG rpg campaigns ? (Darkstryder in particular)
OP link mostly has rulebooks.
>>
>>43442289
Think there might be some here...
http://www.hungry-ewok.ru/sw/all_books.htm
>>
>>43440173
>>43442165

Why are nexus so adorable?
>>
File: Kyle Katarn no beard.png (190 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
Kyle Katarn no beard.png
190 KB, 533x400
Imperial barbers have stolen Kyle Katarn's beard. Are you a bad enough dude to keep him occupied until it grows back?
>>
File: Briatharen.jpg (67 KB, 450x580) Image search: [Google]
Briatharen.jpg
67 KB, 450x580
What if the female lead from Rogue One is Bria Theran?
>>
>>43442323
quick and efficient.
Many thanks anon.
>>
>>43441392
>Supposedly new canon has them becoming protectors of the republic only a thousand or so years before the clone war

1) That has been the defacto stance from Lucas since AOTC. But if you haven't noticed he changes his mind a lot and he has also said the Sith ruled the Galaxy before that.

2) In Legends that has addressed: one thousand years has been the date of the current incarnation of the Republic. There have been other iterations. We know since Vizla in Clonewars talks about the fall of the Old Republic where his ancestors stole the darksaber from the Jedi Temple.
>>
>>43443209

Out of curiosity, how does this jive with Obi-Wan's comment of "for a thousand generations, the Jedi..." in ANH?
>>
>>43443223
How long is a generation anyway? How straightforwardly honest is Obi Wan anyway?
>>
>>43443239
>a generation
A vague number, but it's gotta be at least 20-30 years each. Minimum 15. So at least 15,000 years of Jedi involvement in the Republic of some kind or another.
>Obi-wan's honesty
You have a point, but he only really obfuscates the truth when it comes to Luke and his father. He's pretty straightforward about the Force. He doesn't even hide that his student turned evil; just that the student was one and the same as Luke's father.
>>
>>43443223
Not very well.

Honestly, Lucas probably just fucked up and decided to roll with it.
>>
>>43440111
I'm reading the KOTOR comics atm and I'm really enjoying it but how the fuck does this Jarael bitch just wields a light saber without being a force user? I mean even if she's really good with a sword that shouldn't be possible.
>>
>>43443303

To be fair, there's lots of things in ANH that don't jive with later material; even in the movies. Not the least of which being people like Motti or Han disbelieving in the force entirely, when they're old enough to remember the Clone Wars and probably saw Jedi on space TV. At least enough to know they weren't just "ancient religions" or "simple tricks and nonsense".
>>
>>43443342
Legends had numerous instances of normal folks using lightsabers just by practicing a lot or otherwise being Just That Good(tm).
The Force just gives a Jedi the edge they need to be good to go against blasters and shit with one.
>>
>>43443381

I always figured that, since training in real life makes it unlikely to touch yourself with your sword, you could learn to use a lightsaber.

But even if you did, you'd be using a sword in a gunfight. Which means that there's no practical reason to use one, much like real life, unless you're a Jedi and can deflect blaster bolts with it.

The real question is why Jedi never carried blasters anyway. Any number of places it'd be useful, and it's not like there's a complete aversion - Jedi are known for their fighter piloting skills too, and those use blasters. Probably just would ruin the vibe as space samurai.
>>
>>43443355
>this again
sorry I don't frequent these generals so I wasn't aware that this question has been asked to death or something

>>43443381
I thought that the precision required to do anything remotely useful with a lightsaber requires force sensitivity, Jedi reflexes and a lot of practice
>>
Threadly reminder that you will never upload your consciousness into the mainframe of the second Death Star and fuck with Palpatine
>>
>>43443274
>>43443239
>>43443223

Maybe someone had an aneurysm and thought "generation" meant "year" the same way they have no idea what a parsec is in ANH.

You can tell Lucas had no idea what he was going to do in the Prequels when he made that movie.

Red Leader saying he flew with Luke's father is especially telling.
>>
>>43443415
it's about their tradition, a Jedi would use a blaster if he has to but you know "An elegant weapon for a more civilized age"
>>
File: General-Grievous.jpg (124 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
General-Grievous.jpg
124 KB, 768x432
This guy kind of made a name for himself with lightsabres and killing their owners.
>>
>>43443381
No reason for anybody not a Force user to use one. As said, you're bringing a sword to a gun fight, so it'd be no match for having a good blaster at your side kid. They'd make a good cutting torch/door opener, but that's pretty much it UNLESS you have the literally superhuman reflexes and precognitive skills needed to not only catch blaster bolts aimed at you on the blade, but also the ability to reflect them towards a target (or safely away from bystanders).

On top of that, Legends also had that a lightsaber is virtually impossible to create without the Force, as in, the Force is an integral component of its construction, aligning things on a subatomic level (normally impossible even for a Jedi, but it's so ritualised that even an apprentice can do it). Had a big long bit about it in I, Jedi. Without that, they're really shitty quality and tend to fail, if they work at all.
>>
>>43443512

>Red Leader saying he flew with Luke's father

What? I've seen the special editions dozens of times, and I don't remember him saying anything like that. Is it a deleted scene?
>>
>>43443223
The GALACTIC Republic came into existence a thousand years ago. The Old Republic, consisting only of the Core Worlds, was around a much longer time before that.
>>
File: anakin gunslinging.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
anakin gunslinging.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>43443415
>>
>>43443582

the hell is this
>>
>>43443593
canon
>>
>>43443582
this is pretty cool
>>
>>43443593
Unfinished animatics from a produced (and canon) episode of The Clone Wars.
>>
>>43443582
fucking gun kata
>>
>>43443512
>have no idea what a parsec is in ANH.
Han's blowing smoke up Luke's ass, anon.
Obi-Wan even rolls his eyes at it.
>>
>>43443565
Deleted scene, yeah. One of several Biggs scenes that got cut.
>>
>>43443717
It's in the script too. "Obi-wan rolls his eyes at Han's obvious attempt to impress what he thinks are gullible farmers" or something.
>>
>>43443717

Look, there's blustering and exaggerating the speed of your ship, and then there's using words wrong. I think the long story short is the script (and the crew) didn't realize that parsec didn't mean what they thought it did, and they've been trying to cover for their stupidity ever since.

This was also the pre-home movie era, so even if they realized it was wrong, nobody would notice or remember it. Especially if it was just a space movie using space words. They were wrong.
>>
File: trando.jpg (503 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
trando.jpg
503 KB, 600x600
Starting my first FaD game next week. Our party is mostly leaning towards the dark side, although we have a single light side paragon.
What am I in for, tg?
>>
>>43443757
Anon, see >>43443743
It's in the bloody script.
>>
>>43443725

I'm inclined to discount them entirely then, other than to glean what the filmmakers had in mind. Cut scenes are like drafts of a script; they aren't canon at all. This particular case just illustrates how Anakin and Vader were separate people in ANH until ESB decided to plot twist it.

Even with the PT, Red Leader may have known Anakin. Only Obi-Wan and Yoda know that Anakin became Vader; everyone else thinks he died in Order 66.

This all raises a new point though. People don't believe in the Jedi, but if Red Leader knew Anakin, and Obi-Wan and he fought in the Clone Wars (even as mentioned in ANH), why wouldn't they have heard of the Jedi? Is it just that they don't believe they have supernatural powers?
>>
>>43443794

Depends if they interpret "dark side" as "ITS TREASON THEN AAAAUUUUGHHHH" or as a little more pragmatic then that. Much like an evil fantasy party can work as long as "evil" doesn't mean "lol murder his kid cuz I is evul"
>>
>>43443757

Even back in 77 George had already stated that he deliberately meant Par-secs, and Han was actually right.

The Kessel run is nomrally a 18-Parsec route, but the Falcon's Navi-Computer is so good that it calculated a shorter, 12-Parsec route to get there.

>A similar info can be found in the notes Lucas recorded together with Carol Titelman in July/August 1977 to start a knowledge database for the planned sequels:

"It’s a very simple ship, very economical ship, although the modifications he made to it are rather extensive – mostly to the navigation system to get through hyperspace in the shortest possible distance (par-sects).”
>>
>>43443830
The easiest way to fix this would have been to have an episode of Clone Wars where Anakin fights alongside a militia full of normal people.
>>
>>43443860

Yeah I've heard that explanation and it reeks of "I was only pretending to be retarded"

Show me a 77 source for that and we'll talk.
>>
>>43443830
Because one skeptical smuggler, a scion of the New Order that eliminated the Jedi, and a farmboy aren't complete data points that you can use to measure the overall societal belief in the Jedi in the Galaxy.
>>
>>43443882
But - he just gave you a 1977 source. Right there in the post.
>>
>>43443921
>aren't complete data points
Perhaps not, but in films they sort of are. Characters are used to set the tone and narrative. Motti has no other purpose in the movie than two things: (1) most people, even educated ones, don't believe in the Force, and (2), it's quite real (Force choke).
>>
>>43443804
>>43443860
>>43443935
HAN
Han Solo. I'm captain of the
Millennium Falcon. Chewie here tells
me you're looking for passage to the
Alderaan system.

BEN
Yes, indeed. If it's a fast ship.

HAN
Fast ship? You've never heard of the
Millennium Falcon?

BEN
Should I have?

HAN
It's the ship that made the Kessel
run in less than twelve parsecs!

Ben reacts to Solo's stupid attempt to impress them with obvious misinformation.

>http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Wars-A-New-Hope.html

Han just thought they were gullible.
>>
>>43443415
>never carried blasters
Luke kept a gun around for most of the OT. Man, I miss Legends now. Kyle and many other NJO members put that "no guns, sabers only" rule to rest.
>>
>>43440111
God, that blue screen was terrible. No wonder these movies suck.
>>
>>43443854
We're pretty pragmatic and organized. More similar to Goodfellas than murderhobos.
>>
>>43444046
nice shit posting
>>
>>43443981
In the overall scale of the films all it showed was that the Empire was against mysticism and the Force. The Force was well-believed in by the Rebellion, as the next two movies show.
>>
>>43444035
Let's be honest, Kyle basically went all Falling Down with it and lugged around a gym bag FULL of guns.
>>
Alright /swg/, I have a small problem. In my groups FFG campaign, my character has an all black Nexu that he captured on Cholgonna as a pup. Its been a long time since we played, sometime around 8 months, and I can't remember its name. What should I name it?
>>
>>43444193
Tacocat
>>
>>43444193
Tibbers.
>>
>>43444035

Yeah, Legends will always be my official Canon..
>>
>>43443565
>>43443725

It's a kinda-deleted scene. In the scene where Luke and Biggs are reunited on the flight deck, they chat a bit and then Red Leader walks up and asks if Luke's ready. Biggs says his line about Luke being the best bush pilot in the Outer Rim (or something similar).

Then, in the special edition, a CGI something drives in front of the camera for a moment, and then Red Leader responds.

That CGI is there to cover up that he's saying the line about knowing Luke's father without doing a cut in the scene and without showing that his mouth is moving.
>>
>>43444290

Ah. Never spotted the hidden line part. So I guess it worked.
>>
File: Seventh Sister Pantsu.jpg (81 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Seventh Sister Pantsu.jpg
81 KB, 1080x720
>>43441182
>Baka!
>>
where the fuck is my next gen physics focused Pod Racer game!?!?
>>
>>43444505
In the alternate universe where Lucas didn't surround himself with yesmen and the prequels turned out good.
>>
>>43443493
That short story was hilarious.
>>
File: dyingorangutan.jpg (16 KB, 579x329) Image search: [Google]
dyingorangutan.jpg
16 KB, 579x329
>watching Clone Wars
>it's a fucking Jar Jar episode
I'm only on season 1 still, does it get any better? It's had some really good episodes so far, but Jar Jar ruins every scene he's in. Episode 8 was a fucking abortion.
>>
>>43444617
Yes, it gets better.
Unfortunately, Jar Jar episodes do not.
>>
>>43444617
It's a pretty cool series. I had zero expectations but it turned out great. A lot of the episodes can be reverse.engineered as encounters or plot hooks.
>>
>>43444617
Season one is the worst one imo
>>
File: 1402198283055.jpg (1 MB, 2240x1320) Image search: [Google]
1402198283055.jpg
1 MB, 2240x1320
>>43444617
skip it
someone post the guide I don't think I have it anymore
>>
>>43444882
I too would like this guide. Just finished season one and knowing which episodes are filled with binks would save me a lot of time
>>
>>43444954
OP have the guide
>>
File: 1443309312931.jpg (60 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
1443309312931.jpg
60 KB, 700x393
>>43444617
>>43444745
Season one is generally considered the worst.

>>43444617
>>43444636
Jar Jar haters pic related. He has some great episodes in clone wars.
>>
File: sw03_box_left.png (330 KB, 450x453) Image search: [Google]
sw03_box_left.png
330 KB, 450x453
New board game coming.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/3/star-wars-rebellion/
>>
>>43440183
KOTOR 2 is a wonderful game for it's story and dark atmosphere, really getting into to the force philosophicaly and in an interesting way, I'm sorry you feel this way but I get the feeling that you were never trying to have fun and see the awesome things about this game, only to over criticize an acclaimed game to feel like you're better than other people.
>>
>>43444617
Later seasons are really good. Honestly except for a few trips in the first and second season it's a pretty solid show. My favorite episode is 'Bounty'.
>>
>>43445150
Eh.
>>
>>43445150
Asymmetrical board games are neat.
>>
File: sw03_layout_left.png (415 KB, 700x290) Image search: [Google]
sw03_layout_left.png
415 KB, 700x290
>>43445150
I'm already board just looking at this
>>
>>43440183
Not even off Telos yet and has a full critique of the game. Not to mention the basic complaints about standard game design.

>Why can't I just build the master sword.
>>
>>43445424
>Board

I see what you did there.
>>
>>43445150
>That Rebel Assault card
Damnit Disney, just hurry up and add new stories to the living myth that is Rogue Squadron. Or something about capital ships battling other capital ships with brave pilots in the middle.
>>
>>43442414
That's from his early, rebellious youth days! Back before he hit force-puberty and began growing hair to cover the third fist on his chin!
>>
File: TheranBriaTheran.jpg (81 KB, 803x737) Image search: [Google]
TheranBriaTheran.jpg
81 KB, 803x737
>>43442481

Should have used the original image.
>>
>>43445384
I have nothing against dark games, I enjoyed Dark Soul's grim and resigned atmosphere, Banner Saga's desperation, Gunpoint is a great noir story where you fuck up and fail to actually save anybody, and I'm starting to dig into Undertale.
Dark isn't the problem, hell dark STAR WARS isn't the problem. The problem is that I a) don't give a damn about the characters who HAVE shown up and b) this game doesn't feel very Star Wars except for the lolsithlords.

>but I get the feeling that you were never trying to have fun
Yes, because I play games purely to get mad about things.
>and see the awesome things about this game
Such as?
>>43445454
I'm not making a full critique, I'm saying this is how I feel at this point of the game. Right now, I don't particularly like any of the characters and I feel like I'm level very fast for something I know should be a solid week of playtime.

On further research, I have discovered the level cap is 50 in 2, which means I'm only at 1/5 the progress instead of 3/5 as I thought.
>>
>>43445773
you're being baited again, man
>>
>>43445924
figures
>>
>>43445773
such as the wonderful dialogue, the characters(even the ones you don't like so far) malachor v, fucking Kreya, other parts of the game you haven't gotten to yet, being able to actually become a powerful force user unlike the first Kotor and more and more even the story on Peragus and the way it is delivered is awesome, I won't argue with you any more because taste is subjective and this is pointless anyway.
>>
>>43446008
>malachor v
>good
Anon, I ENJOYED KotOR II and I would never call that godawful mess of an unfinished ending good.
>>
>>43446063
have you played it with the restoration mod?
also did you read the books and are you aware of the backstory and the mass shdow generator?
>>
Running a Star Wars FFG game here, and my group's still in Operation Shadowpoint. They just got their SigInt array fully repaired and staffed, and so I need some help about making some info that they can use to trade with the local supplier, since they don't have a lot of credits lying around.
>>
>>43444290

I kind of wish they'd found a way to put BOTH of Bigg's deleted scenes back in, as DESU the second one doesn't really work without the first, where Luke meets up with Biggs who's fresh from the Academy at Tosche Station.

Also, it's a really nice scene where you get a good feel for both Biggs and Lukes characters. Interestingly though, that scene DID make it in to the Radio Drama version.
>>
>>43446128
>have you played it with the restoration mod?
If you need to mod a game to make it good, then it isn't good.
>did you read the books
Which books are you talking about? There are a couple of HUNDRED Star Wars books.
>are you aware of the backstory and the mass shdow generator?
If you're talking about anything beyond the basic outline you get in the game of "Republic had a superweapon that created massive gravitic fields and smashed the planet into who-knows-what, The Exile ordered it activated", then no, because if backstory is necessary to understand the plot then said backstory SHOULD BE IN THE GAME.
>>
>>43446154
The main reason it was deleted was because Lucas felt it took was just a kind of random addition, without a proper introduction to who Luke is. In the end, Star Wars was meant to primarily follow the story of R2D2 and C3-PO. Luke and Biggs' deleted scene at Todche would have been a sudden interruption to the beginning. It would have gone from droids get in escape pod, to some random kid visiting his friend fresh from the acadmey, some more mention of a rebel alliance whose princess just happened to be captured in orbit, and them watching the explosions from the ground.
>>
>talking about deleted scenes

I want that luke/leia sex tape to go public once lucas bites the dust!
>>
>>43446226
ok I see what I'm dealing with here, I wish you success in your future endeavours.
>>
>>43446344
No, I seriously want to know what particular books you're talking about.
>>
>>43446260

Honestly, that's kind of why I think something like that should be in.

Okay, so it messes with the pacing of Luke appearing and getting to know him, but whatever, he is actually important, and it would set up Biggs a little better.

But also, having watched ANH recently, once you get over that initial majesty, a whole lot of fucking nothing happens in that desert for quite a while. A little breaking up wouldn't kill anyone. And I wouldn't want to hear about "purity of vision", we all saw what George's purity of vision looked like.
>>
>>43445150
Is fantasy flight flooding the market? On one hand they generally make good games and I think we can ask agree on that. On the other hand this week be their fifth running star wars game?
>>
>playing through Taris in TOR
>turns out the Promised Land was full of toxic radiation
Well now I'm sad.
>>
>>43446485
What did you expect it to be? Those people aren't allowed to have a happy ending.
>>
>>43446476
Well, they aren't all the same type of game, so I wouldn't really say they're flooding the market.

Milking the license as much as they can with the new movie coming out soon, though? Absolutely.
>>
>>43446476

They're hitting the Miniatures, TTRPG, and Boardgame crowds, which may overlap and in some cases are distinct. Though the more hardcore Star Wars fans will definitely invest in all of them.

They might be flooding it, but it honestly seems like an attempt to revitalize the series after the latest three shitty movies and banking on the next one begin not a failure. Anyways, it's just really getting good value out of that product license.

But, hey, quality products stand alone, and they deliver some pretty damn good stuff that's also pretty affordable. $35 for a core set to X-Wing and an investment of maybe that much again for either team and you have two full teams that play right out of the fucking box. That's not something a lot of minigames can attest to.
>>
>>43446430
Oh, I completely agree. It would have broken up the drudgery of the desert scenes leading up to the jawas... And it would have definitely helped set up Biggs a lot better. But meh... Them's the reasons it was cut.
>>
Is Star Wars: Rebels worth watching?

Besides the moe droids.
>>
>>43446598
I like it so far.
>>
>>43446598
Yeah. It has an ok start, episode 2 is ok. Episode 3 is just bad but required. If you don't like it by 4 though you probably never will. 4 is were the series kinda picks up a lot.
>>
>>43446402
I wasn't talking about anything special just about what you listed and how it effected the story of Meetra Surik and Revan as a whole, Revan hiding Mandalore's Mask and basically disbanding the Mandalorians leaving them in utter chaos and continuing with Malak just to find Vitiate and returning to start The Jedi Civil War, also Meetra cutting herself from the force and becoming The Exile, complete destruction making enormous waves in the Force and changing the history of the galaxy for decades, I feel awe and disgust towards Malachor V
, I just find all of that to be very cool.
When I said books I've meant the Revan book, not anything more sorry if I confused you I didn't mean to.
>>
>>43446863
>Revan book
The shitty TOR tie-in? That Revan book?
>>
>>43446863
The Revan book came out seven years after KotOR II. It shouldn't be required reading for the game to make sense.
>>
>>43445150
don't care, give me a fucking X-Wing preview
>>
>>43446863
>Revan book,
Anon, I played KotOR II when it came out. There WAS no Revan book at that time.
>>
>>43446598
It's Star Wars RPG: The Series. So all of my yes.
>>
File: 1445497122380.jpg (56 KB, 700x401) Image search: [Google]
1445497122380.jpg
56 KB, 700x401
I'm a fairly new X-Wing player, but, luckily, so are my pals. Recently we've decided to run a kitchen table championships and I'm struggling with creating a not-hopeless, well-rounded list. Hopefully you'll be able to tell me if/ where I fucked up.

What I have are: 1 TIE-PU, 1 TIE-B, 3 TIE-F, 2 TIE-FO, 2 TIE-In and a Decimator. I have no idea what other players are about to bring to the table.

The lists I'm considering are:

Captain Oicunn (48)
VT-49 Decimator (42), Intimidation (2), Mara Jade (3), Tactical Jammer (1)

Academy Pilot (12) x 3

Zeta Squadron Pilot (16)

The idea behind this list is simple - I smash my Decimator into enemy ships and hope for the best while massing fire with my TIEs.

and

“Deathrain” (36) TIE Punisher (26),
Enhanced Scopes (1), Extra Munitions (2), Advanced Homing Missiles (3), Cluster Mines (4)

Tetran Cowall (25) TIE Interceptor (24), Adrenaline Rush (1)

Kir Kanos (24)

“Night Beast” (15)

Since I generally seem to be slightly better at dogfighting than my pals, I could just go with arcdodge-shoot list, with the Punisher being there in case of facing something heavier.

Opinions? Suggestions concerning playstyle?
>>
>>43446904
I am not aware of this TOR you speak of, the Drew Karphyshyn Revan book that basically completes the story of Revan with great writing and awesomeness.
>>
>>43446982
The game is still great without I played in 2005 as well before the restoration mod and the book, I still loved the story, the writing and the general atmosphere a lot back than even if the game has objective flaws caused by a rushed release date, I was just answering as to why I consider Malachor V to be cool.
>>
>>43447052
>Drew whatsisname
So it's the shitty TOR tie-in book that came out long after KOTOR 2 and ruined both Revan and the Exile. Yeah, you're full of shit. Revan's story was completed in KOTOR 1's canon ending.
>>
>>43447103
I played through the game last year for the first time.

I thought mechanically it was fine, but the story was dumb and all the characters unlikeable. Malachor was a mess even WITH the RCM, I can't imagine how terrible it must have been without it.
>>
>>43447118
nice opinion
>>43447149
I don't understand how anyone who truly likes Star Wars can consider that story to be dumb, I see that I'm a minority here I never sat out to change what you think, if you don't like it sure it's your lose, I'm not here to try and convince you guys how KOTOR 2 is an objectively great game, I personally think it's an interesting Star Wars interpretation worth getting into by any serious fan.
>>
File: Camie.jpg (37 KB, 476x331) Image search: [Google]
Camie.jpg
37 KB, 476x331
>>43446564
>>43446430

On the other hand, Anchorhead has beautiful, beautiful Koo Stark in them. Hnnnngh
>>
>>43447046
It's possible to make a completely off the wall punisher list using redline and 5 academy pilots. The redline needs a fire control system, extra munitions, 2 sets of cluster missiles and a twin ion engine mk2.

Since you don't have 5 ties you could try doing it with 2 obsidians and 2 epsilons.
>>
>>43447283
The thing is, the writer is a liar and it's really goddamn obvious he knows nothing about Star Wars. He sets up all these mouthpieces that you can't offer any counterpoints to, and then claims it's a "deconstruction" of Star Wars morality.

I'm a huge fan of Star Wars. Been that way since I was a kid. I don't even mind the darker side of it (Vong, not so much), but KotOR2 felt like it was written by a euphoric fedora master.
>>
>>43443436
>I thought that the precision required to do anything remotely useful with a lightsaber requires force sensitivity,
Grevious was pretty damn good with a lightsaber and he had 0 force sensitivity.
>>
>>43447046
Rammy-Decimators really need upgrades like Daredevil. Basically anything that lets it maneuver, and attempt to maneuver again. They're do-able, but purely a gimmick. You're usually better off with Yssard with either Chirpy (the top ace), or the guy that gets you an evade when your shields drop. Throw Push the Limit on with Yssard, and Engine Upgrade, and it becomes hilarious as you boost off PtL when Yssard's ability triggers at the start of the combat phase. Unfortunately, Engine Upgrade is currently only in the Falcon and Hound's Tooth.

Tetran Cowell is a bag of dicks.... He seems alright on paper, and he can modify the fuck out of his dial with Stay on Target. But he's just not all that good, unless you're jousting, which is what interceptors DO NOT want to be doing. Turr Phenir, or Soontir Fel are good second aces (Interceptor Blister), and failing that go for a Royal Guard with Push the Limit, Shield/Stealth, and Autothrusters if you've got it. Lorrir's fault is he had no EPT slot, and Fel's Wrath is just pure garbage. Generally speaking, Interceptors should always have Push the Limit. They've got the green maneuvers, and the action bar to make the most of it. PtL was basically made for Interceptors and A-Wings.
>>
>>43447480
>but KotOR2 felt like it was written by a euphoric fedora master.
You aren't wrong.
Chris Avillone is pretty much the living definition of "now that's what I call edgy"
>>
>>43447480
>but KotOR2 felt like it was written by a euphoric fedora master.

That's Chris Avellone in a nutshell. All his games are GREYZONE MORALITY WAT DO.
>>
>>43447671
-edit-
Correction... Turr Pheni does not need/want PtL. Give him Veteran Instincts and he's happy.
>>
>>43447480
can you elaborate on that point? maybe give a source or two if you feel like it? I don't know why you call him fedora I find his interpretation of the Force to be very spiritual, if we're talking about Drew Karpyshyn as I'm not sure who the lead writer on KOTOR 2 is.
>>
>>43447734
We're discussing Chris Avellone.
>>
>>43440111
Her reaction is so fake it hurts watching it.
>>
>>43447734
>maybe give a source or two if you feel like it
In at least one other game Avellone worked on (Wasteland II, IIRC), one of the writers had to tone down the amount of rape he included in the script. For KOTOR II, see Kreia and the game's dialogue choices. Kreia slaps you upside the head every time you try to do anything remotely heroic and cheaply handwaves it as "teaching you to think about the consequences." The most glaring instance of this is on Nar Shaddaa with the hobo. You can either give him money or tell him to fuck off. Giving him money gets him shanked. I think telling him to fuck off gets him killed anyway. Then Kreia pins the blame on you and says something to the effect of society being like this. There's no option to point out that you're on Nar Shaddaa, a planet full of murderous criminal scumbags that is in no way representative of the galaxy or society as a whole. There's no option to approach the many merchants nearby to set the guy up with a job or do any number of other, smarter charitable options.

Also, Avellone's a terrible liar. He claimed to have gone through the entire EU while working on KOTOR II, which means countless novels, video games, obscure comics, and TV shows.
>>
>>43447650
He was a cyborg, though, so probably had enchanced reflexes, plus he clearly had extremely good control of his motoric functions. That would lessen the risk of acidentally slicing your arm off.
Even then he was stated (even in the Clone Wars cartoon where he's considerably more awesome than in the movie) to not really be a match for jedi in a fair fight, having to use suprise, fear and the fact his robotic body allows him to do all sorts of tricks that would be impossible for pretty much any organic being to level the playing field.
>>
>>43447766
well I still don't see your problem with his writing, if you could elaborate and give example that would be nice.
>>
>>43447352

I guess I could convince other players to let me use TIE/FO as TIEs, provided I have enough pilots. I don't have a Fire Control System, though (although I really want to buy that Tie-Ph blister...)

>>43447671

Thanks for advice and warnings. I'll keep this in mind and play with what I have until I find something else that seems cool
>>
>>43447734
On him being a liar? Sure. He claimed he read every single Star Wars book and comic during the development process.

At the time, there were over a hundred books (around 130-140 if I remember right). Easily triple that for comics, even if you don't include the really old newspaper strips and the old Marvel comics. You'd have to be a speed-reader to even attempt 140 books + hundreds of comics in ~10 months, and that's even if you didn't have a full time job that realistically, you're putting in 50-80 hours a week on.
>>
>>43447840
That's part of the problem when you're green-screening an entire goddamned movie, and tell actors/actresses "pretent a big fucking kitty just raked your back, while you're perched on a giant totem pole."
>>
>>43447857
oh I actually liked that a lot, not the lying part, maybe I'm just an edgy bastard who likes the dark tone of the game.
>>
>>43447917
shit man people lie, especially If money is involved, it doesn't make the stuff he makes automatically bad just means he's a pretty shitty person, lots of shitty people made wonderful art.
>>
>>43448001
But he IS a shitty person AND KotOR2 is a shitty Star Wars game with awful fedora-tier writing.
>>
>>43448136
ok ok whatever, let's stop derailing this thread and talk about actually interesting things?..
>>
>>43447919
Because they should have used a real tiger.
>>
>>43448136
Just curious, but what would you constitute as "fedora tier writing"? Many "hipsters" tend to be artists, and the successful ones tend to be quite good at it, too.
>>
>>43448185
Alright, are there any space monsters you'd like to see more of? Are there any you've made up for your games that you're proud of enough to want to see in the actual franchise?
>>
>>43447919
inb4 those images of The Hobbit scene filming where Ian looks tired as fuck of the greenscreens
>>
>>43448212
No. They should have used a real set. Killer-kat is fine, and she did no worse pretending it was there than the two other actors did pretending they were going to get skewered by jumbo prawn, or ran over by rambi. But you can blatantly tell that all three of them were told "look scared at this cardboard sign! Do some random stuff, and dodge around, and we'll fill it all in afterwards."
>>
>>43448285
Hush you, don't bring up those abominations herr!
>>
>>43447939
I liked it too anon. Everything feels kind of spooky and mystical which I like, but there's certain things I definitely don't such as peragus. Also speaking as someone who hates Objectivism I think Kreia's thoughts are interesting but definitely don't agree with them. As for that Revan book man you're on your own I thought it was forgettable at best.
>>
File: Kouhun.jpg (34 KB, 479x466) Image search: [Google]
Kouhun.jpg
34 KB, 479x466
>>43448231
Not sure how to implement them any better than in AotC, but I'd like to see more of the Kouhun. I haven't really made up any monsters for my games yet, but if you guys have any good ones, I might steal.
>>
>>43440183

KOTOR 2 was kind of boring when I played it (it was competent, and killing dudes was fun) but it's got some killer major story events. The "You Were Afraid" sequence is GOAT. And you do need the buildup to really get it. But it's kind of better when remembered than played. Which is fine.
>>
>>43448320

As stupid as that plan was as an assassination, those things were creepy as fuck.

Same goes for the Geonosis arena. I mean one of the few times where Nute Gunray was absolutely right.

>Shoot them! or something!
>>
>>43448316
dunno I liked Peragus, the whole mining operation gone wrong and you finding out what's up through holo recordings and exploration is a pretty cool concept for a tutorial, I felt really invested in it first time I played, obviously not as much fun now, about the book, even stuff like Vitiate? his backstory? Nathema? how everything is described through the thoughts of the characters was also very interesting imo, the description of Scourge using the Force, or just hearing what Revan thinks and seeing the human part of him, also the part where he puts his mask again after all these years, remembering everything and fucking Nyriss's shit in a second was pretty awesome, what can I tell you man I grew up with KOTOR that game is such a huge part of my personality I'm very invested in its story and a lot of things hold sentimental meaning for me in places where other people might find dull.
>>
>>43448584
Well, I think the Geonosians might've been upset if their gladiatorial death match was spoiled by a firing squad. If you paid to see monsters eat some human scum, you want to get your money's worth.
>>
I really don't get all the Vong hate. They're one of the best things that happened in the EU, finally a good enemy that's not imps, sith, droids or mandos. And finally an enemy that force-users have difficulty fighting against, with an interesting background and new not-technology. I hope they revive them for the new canon.
>>
Why didn't the Galactic Empire use droid armies?
>>
>>43448633
Because look how well it worked for the Separatists.
>>
>>43448633
It's almost as if they emerged out of a war where their enemies were... wait for it... droid armies.
>>
>>43448633

Too expensive, if you want good ones.
Too stupid, if you want cheap ones.

Conscripts are a relatively good middle ground, and its not like the galaxy is lacking in warm bodies looking for a paycheck and an escape from their moisture farm.
>>
File: Darktrooper lineup.jpg (84 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
Darktrooper lineup.jpg
84 KB, 500x488
>>43448633
Public hatred of them ruined their intergalactic stock. Sheev's use of droids as the antagonistic force across the galaxy during the clone wars meant very few people had enough trust or love for them that corporations could ever make a lot of profit off of them. With the clone army transitioning into a larger standing Imperial army, most manufacturers who were absorbed into the Empire gave up their droid plans and started conforming to a "don't fix what isn't broken" product list of blasters, TIEs and walkers to accompany the then booming population of stormtroopers. All this financial momentum within the Empire carried most factory worlds away from droid production and into a unified production of everything the Empire needed to keep the peace. And for anyone who was still in the production of droids, they were assigned to the Dark Trooper project.
>>
>>43448626
It was from a very contentious era in star wars fandom. I didn't find them unusually good or bad, but i can see why many people would find them displeasing. I can also see how many people take that way too fucking far, but hey, it's star wars. I'll say while the vong were pretty meh tier, the series as a general delivered a great deal of character development for many characters... and promptly went back on it with the next series, which pretty much ignored what came before, and set the stage for all the shittyness that would follow untill it all was discontinued with a whimper.
>>
>>43448617

Crazy-ass bug people.

Then again the jedi then went full-on retard and sacrificed like 180 jedi lives to rescue three people
>>
>>43448633
Cultural stigma, shitty efficiency. The Empire uses droids in a specialist role, to supplement humans. See scout droids for scout troopers. And ofcourse, for elite project such as dark troopers. Which seldom go well.
>>
>>43448692

I just realized this is why they didn't want droids in the Mos Eisley cantina. Even though they weren't going to be "served" anyway, they didn't want them there.

That actually is pretty good pottery.
>>
>>43448320

Kohun have stats as minions in F&D. They're actually kind of nasty, their attacks are low damage but have a lot of pierce, and it only takes the one wound to inflict Neurotoxin
>>
>>43448729
And they'd do it again. If you want people to respect your strength as an organization, it has to be known that you WILL protect your people. Otherwise the lesson of Geonosis would be "if you capture a Jedi you can kill him with no consequences".

This would only really backfire if it was a trap, which it was; the separatists were there in force. But the Jedi DID also have an ace up their sleeve, so they risked it.
>>
>>43448826
I suddenly realized Sheev could have won right then and there if he just activated Order 66 right on Geonosis. And oh my god, if I was him I would've laughed my ass off.
>Jedi get caught in a trap by my apprentice and are surrounded by droids.
>Yoda brings a huge fucking army of clones, but I'm going to use those clones to kill them after the war gets going and I secure my own power base.
>You know what, fuck it. I can't pass up this opportunity. Sorry, Vader.
>Activates Order 66 right there, all the droids and clones are killing the Jedi left and right until the majority of the Order is dead.
>Just use the droids and clones as pawns to maintain my power and become the Empire at my own pace.
>>
>>43448901
How many Jedi were there in total? Was that a huge chunk of the order?
>>
>>43448901
Except most of the Order was NOT on Geonosis. Using O66 at that time wastes that ace in the hole for too little reward.
>>
>>43448937
Eh, I always assumed it was the majority of their fighting-capable Jedi. Most of the council was there at least. Even with enough Jedi still at the temple, you can easily just scapegoat the Jedi as collaborating with Dooku on Geonosis trying to usurp the Republic, and/or blame them for the war now threatening the galaxy, and then the clones just march into the temple and arrest/kill whoever's left.
>>
>>43448901
It was barely a twentieth of the Jedi there though.
>>
>>43448937
It was the important ones, but not most of them. I think one of the major reasons that didn't happen was because he still needed the droid army destroyed, and the Jedi still made good generals. That, and the Republic hadn't become completely disbanded yet. Assuming Order 66 went through right there and the majority of the jedi were killed at that moment, the sudden slaughter of the jedi and assuming control would have made most if not all the worlds immediately begin to form the rebel alliance before the Clone War was even over.
>>
>>43448901
There were only 212 Jedi on Geonosis. It'd be cutting the head off a hydra if he were to execute Order 66 there. Most of the High Council was there, but those can be replaced.

It'd hurt the Jedi real bad, but they'd survive.

The whole point of the war was to eliminate the Jedi, spread them thin and then wipe them out in one fell swoop. Can't really do that when you only kill ~2% and ruin your grand surprise in doing so.
>>
>>43448729
There was more to it than just that. They didn't know they would get ambushed by a shit ton of droids, but they did know shit was going down and a droid army was being built. More importantly, that it had to be stopped and they were the peace-keepers who had to do it.
>>
TIE interceptor aces get red stripes.
What do TIE fighter aces get?

I'm asking because my last academy pilot managed to survive a 4 red dice attack to the face and shoot down Soontir Fel, winning me an amazing game.
>>
>>43449187
I believe they get the bloodstripes as well, and a chance to be promoted to interceptor pilots.
>>
>>43449187
Red stripes are a thing regardless of what your fighter is, but TIE Fighter Aces get the chance to be promoted to a better fighter.
>>
>>43449187
>What do TIE fighter aces get?
A Tie Interceptor.
>>
File: TIE:fl Fluffy.jpg (334 KB, 991x947) Image search: [Google]
TIE:fl Fluffy.jpg
334 KB, 991x947
What TIE would you fly, /tg/?

I would a Bomber.
>>
File: cade.jpg (123 KB, 682x599) Image search: [Google]
cade.jpg
123 KB, 682x599
So has anyone ever done a successful co-gm for Edge of the empire? Any tips or tricks? It'll be my first co-gm experience if I decide to pull the trigger on it
>>
>>43449358
Interceptor. I like things to be pointy.
>>
>>43449364
Not for EotE, but my group co-gms our F&D game. Each of us made a Master PC, and a Padawan which are our main characters we focus on. After our Gathering, we swapped our Masters around so each of us is the Master to another player's Padawan. So most of the time, our sessions have us switching characters in and out to suit the story depending on which masters and apprentices are available/we want to play at the time, and we can run 1on1 sessions between one of the Masters and Padawans in their own training in case the group can't all get together, etc. It's worked out pretty well so far.

Uh, the biggest tip I can offer is to make sure you don't step on each others' toes with the fluff and always communicate with each other on what you're going to do when you're the gm so you don't contradict each other. Compromise often.
>>
>>43449364
Is that Cade Skywalker in the middle? Why does he always look constipated?
>>
File: scully look.jpg (20 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
scully look.jpg
20 KB, 639x480
>>43447692
>>43447700
>tg isn't 2 people
>>
File: YOUNGLINGS.webm (3 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
YOUNGLINGS.webm
3 MB, 800x600
>>43440293
>>
>>43444448
>bro-be droid
>>
File: StarWarsRebellion.jpg (32 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
StarWarsRebellion.jpg
32 KB, 480x300
>>43445150
......no way

that's awesome
>>
>>43449478
death sticks
>>
>>43450041
He should go home and rethink his life.
>>
>>43449984
Is that a Jedi Academy Mod?
>>
File: maraandcadelegacy.jpg (562 KB, 1340x1090) Image search: [Google]
maraandcadelegacy.jpg
562 KB, 1340x1090
>>43450056
and be haunted by his creepy ghostt aunt? no thanks

he probably takes after her side of the family to begin with
>>
File: TIE-M1_XWA.jpg (63 KB, 572x600) Image search: [Google]
TIE-M1_XWA.jpg
63 KB, 572x600
>>43449358
The greatest TIE.
>>
>>43449187
A shield generator.
>>
>>43450153
fuck the alluah ackbar version of these
>>
>>43450113
That's a ghost I could be haunted by.
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 720x663) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 720x663
>>43449358
The Tie Punisherest!
>>
File: 1482527511394558097.jpg (75 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1482527511394558097.jpg
75 KB, 800x450
>>43450153
>greatest TIE
You seem to have posted the wrong image, sir.
>>
File: run nigga.gif (790 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
run nigga.gif
790 KB, 500x375
>>43450285
begone from this place
>>
>>43449358

Frikkin' loved the TIE Defender. Fast and Tanky.
>>
File: ALOHA SNACKBAR.jpg (7 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
ALOHA SNACKBAR.jpg
7 KB, 250x188
>>43450153
>>
>>43450113
Actually, Mara is his great-something-grandmother
>straightens neckbeard
>>
File: TIEBomber.jpg (31 KB, 580x398) Image search: [Google]
TIEBomber.jpg
31 KB, 580x398
>>43449358

You're an anon of taste and distinction. Bomber life best life.
>>
File: YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY.jpg (101 KB, 640x558) Image search: [Google]
YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY.jpg
101 KB, 640x558
>>43450474
>>
>>43450513
Thank you. Having not red much EU stuff I was wracking my brain over how Jade could be a Skywalkers aunt.
>>
File: MAra JadeForce_Stasis_TCG.jpg (633 KB, 1325x960) Image search: [Google]
MAra JadeForce_Stasis_TCG.jpg
633 KB, 1325x960
>>43450600
>late 50s

but yeah, my bad
>>
File: 5b6.jpg (28 KB, 486x309) Image search: [Google]
5b6.jpg
28 KB, 486x309
>>43450560
source?
>>
>>43446485
Love that planet, on either faction.
>>
Im curious /swg/ to send against my players of AOR, which are right now around the 300xp, a Royal Guardsmen as a Nemesis, how much xp i should spend on him? Im thinking on 400xp mark and make him a BEAST in close quarters plus some stealh, and since there isnt that big of a difference on xp to always be escorted with a bunch of Stormcommandos.

Is this too much?
>>
>>43451425
did they steal his red panties?
>>
>>43451450
They're going to be near Coruscant in the next sessions so i'm just planning ahead.

Plus reading Crimsom Empire might have helped to pop the idea.
>>
>>43450153
The greatest TIE is a Bomber with an Interceptor's wings.
>>
File: tie_experimental_m_3_warhead.jpg (1 MB, 4000x2500) Image search: [Google]
tie_experimental_m_3_warhead.jpg
1 MB, 4000x2500
>>43451575
>>
>>43451589
these with concussion missiles would eat rebel fighter squadrons

thanks Ace
>>
>>43451695
Macross pls
>>
>>43450153
Explain
>>
>>43451785
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlpRBLkgcBo
>>
>>43451785
It's a TIE with a turbolaser attached. It needs no explanation.
>>
>>43451867

What if it had two?
>>
File: sienar fleet systems.jpg (112 KB, 1024x568) Image search: [Google]
sienar fleet systems.jpg
112 KB, 1024x568
>>43452032
An admirable pursuit but it doesn't look stupid enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 393x222) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 393x222
>>43449358
>>43450153
>>43450266
>>43450285
>>43450385
>>43450474

Best tie incoming!

>faster
>ion cannon
>proton torpedoes
>shield
>hyperdrive
>them s-foils

Tie hunter = multi role sex
>>
File: sw03_main.png (174 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
sw03_main.png
174 KB, 300x300
Incoming

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-rebellion/products/star-wars-rebellion/
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.