[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Board Games General BGG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: board games general.jpg (291 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
board games general.jpg
291 KB, 601x601
Obligatory resource link
http://pastebin.com/V9c2a6wU

>what are you looking forward to playing next? what's your wishlist look like?
>how do you determine what games to buy? reviews? word of mouth? art? components?
>what have you been playing recently and how did you like it?
>favorite games?
>your best board game related stories?
>ever came up with your own board game idea/design? how far did it go? what was it about?
>your worst case of buyer's remorse?
>>
>>43423614
>>what are you looking forward to playing next?
Specter Ops, Roll for the Galaxy with new expansion, etc.

>>what's your wishlist look like?
Way to long - that's what!

>>how do you determine what games to buy? reviews? word of mouth? art? components?
May start with word of mouth recommendations but I tend to do my homework via various video reviews.

>>what have you been playing recently and how did you like it?
Nothing recently - to damn busy irl.

>>favorite games?
War games / Space 4x, but I own and play lots of other stuff.

>>your best board game related stories?
Nothing that would make an interesting read.

>>ever came up with your own board game idea/design? how far did it go? what was it about?
Nothing worth mentioning so far, but didn't we all invent games as kids?

>>your worst case of buyer's remorse?
ApocalypZe - a Zombie Apoc deck builder. The one time I buy a game based on the artwork and the rules were terrible (as in missing parts of sentences or entire paragraphs) making the game damn near unplayable. It wasn't until several months later that they hosted an updated PDF of the rules on their web site. I was NOT a happy camper.
>>

Kemet! It should be coming in the mail soon, also I'm looking forward for a session of Dominant Species.

Wishlist (in no particular order - just stuff I'm sure I'll get one day and rather sooner then later):
* Ghost Stories
* Last night on Earth
* Scythe
* Some deckbuilder - I wanted to get Thunderstone but it seems dead
* Some "economic" game with high "out-jewing" factor
* A good 1v1 game
* Bloodrage maybe? I don't like kickstarter exclusives.

>how do you determine what games to buy? reviews? word of mouth? art? components?

Answered in previous thread.

1. Neuroshima: Hex! I love it to death and we play it with the gf very often. I'm still not sure how to beat Borgo with Hegemony.

2. Cosmic Encounter - we played the first game and I didn't like it that much. I got two planets killed off in the first 5 rounds of the game (2 cards of my color in a row, and then another one after that) lost half of the units. We didn't know all the rules so we didn't know I could get them back from the warp by helping defends. At first play it seems a tad complicated, it tended to drag on at the end (the Munchkin effect where suddenly the game becomes 1v4). I'm willing to give it another go but my current impressions aren't great.

>favorite games?

M:tG was a favorite for years but I stopped playing long ago. Right now it's Neuroshima: Hex, Dominion and Dominant Species.

First time playing Munchkin to 3 o'clock with my room mate and the gf. My gf was skeptical about playing but I could see the exact moment she became *hooked* - she got very enthusiastic, red cheeks, vivid like hell. Didn't thought I'd manage to play with her much but now we play often and now she nags me all the time to play with her.
>>
>>43424276
cont.

>ever came up with your own board game idea/design? how far did it go? what was it about?

I have two in my mind:

1. "Quest town simulator" - cooperative game where you have to build magical items, provide food to heroes, secure the perimeter of the town, design quests etc. Most of the combat is done by heroes that come to the town because it's closes to some nest of evil, if the heroes won't be supported by the town they fall and that means that the hordes will attack the town - you can repel the attacks on the town but it's costly.

I started designing the characters and thinking about mechanics but it's nothing concrete. I also think it would work better as a video game then a board game.

2. An fantasy empire building game (4x) I wanted something based on master of magic, didn't come far in thinking about. I wanted some mechanics that would allow for giving commands during fighting, formations, orders being lost or mispaced etc - I think fighting would be mostly cards based, each card representing a troop but I have nothing concrete thus far.

Spending £100+ on board games in one go. I don't regret it now but the day after I wasn't feeling particularly proud of myself.

Apart from that: Munchkin. It's fun to play 2-3 times and gets old quickly. Still we had fun time playing it so the remorse is not complete.
>>
>what are you looking forward to playing next?
The Grizzled, maybe a meaty euro for a change of pace
>what's your wishlist look like?
Light and Shadow expansion for Battlecon, 7 Wonders: Duel, Nyet, Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
Reviews, trying before buying, occasionally on a whim hoping it will be good, or if it's on sale...
Got my first play of Medieval Academy last night. Everyone else liked it. I had too much coffee, so I couldn't actually tell whether I enjoyed it over the sound of my heart palpitating
>favorite games?
Dominion, BattleCON, 7 Wonders, Twilight Struggle, the list goes on...
Vault Wars: sold a vault consisting entirely of trash for something like 12 coins and then they tried really hard not to look pissed about it when they found out. Classic
I have a couple ideas where the most I've done is write a few notes and put them away for another time when I'm not as busy. Mostly thematic political games
Probably City Council. Rulebook's a mess, game is a mess. Weirdly enough it gets all this support with expansions, fanmade rules fixes, and faq's that unfuck the game. I'll try to get it back to the table at some point but I'm not super optimistic, still think the game might be a lost cause
>>
Looking forward to Dominant Species or Twilight Struggle again, or maybe Andean Abyss.

-Triumph and Tragedy
-Churchill
-7 Wonders Duel (maybe, haven't read much about it but I like 7 Wonders so..)
-Battle Line
-Cuba Libre (maybe, still on the fence on the COIN series. Also FUCK YOU INSUFFICIENT P500 NUMBERS)
Lots of GMT Games on that list...

Mainly reviews, sometimes word of mouth, a few times at recommendation from one of the owners at a local boardgame café.

1. Twilight Struggle. Fourth time playing, it was fantastic.
2. Starcraft the boardgame. Hadn't played it for about 5-6 years, so it was something of a "first" play for us, but it was still fun.

>favorite games?
Off the top of my head - Dominant Species, 7 wonders, Power Grid, maybe Twilight Struggle despite the limited plays.

Not sure if "best" is the word but anyway. We were playing Here I Stand for the first time and there was some ruling that we were somewhat unclear about and it ended up being a 3v3 situation as to how to interpret it, can't remember what as it was quite a long time ago. Ended up debating it, passing around the rulebook, rereading it, and searching around for clarifications online for about 1.5 hours before we finally figured out that though neither side of the "opposing parties" were exactly wrong, but that we had messed up the order of play instead...fun times.

Nope.

A friend in the game group bought Battlestar Galactica. The crises weren't really engaging, the traitor mechanic was in our experience pretty badly implemented, and playing as an "outed" Cylon was boring as fuck iirc.
>>
File: 6573677.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
6573677.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>43424276
My first Cosmic Encounter game was pretty disappointing as well but once everybody knows the rules in and out the game starts to be really smooth and fun. A really helpful tip I remember reading online was that players who are new to CE tend to invite allies all the time when they are the offense. Once you stop doing that the game becomes much more enjoyable.
Now it's one of my favorite games.
>>
>what are you looking forward to playing next? + what have you been playing recently and how did you like it? + favorite games?
Mysterium and Wings of War are my two newest buys, playing them almost daily with my mom. She has 7 - 8 wins out of 10 I think, those two seaters are crazy. Currently introducing special damages, then I'll probably start doing scenarios or something.

Anything I don't have I want. My top 5 are probably in no particular order:
Twilight Struggle
Cosmic Encounter
Galaxy Trucker
Memoir 44
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective

Lots of research on the game.

Probably the time I did my absolute best in Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space as an alien. Stalked one player perfectly and nabbed him, then figured out more or less the exact path another player took to get to one of the gates, and that he was going to win soon.

Then I stalked one other player down to their exact location only to get eaten by another alien who was also stalking him and was coming from the other direction. Great game.

I have one in the works, it's a semi-coop wargame where up to 5 players fight one other player, and each have their own objectives. It's coming along fine, but honestly I have no idea what to do once I've figured out the rules, especially since my country has no board game publishers at all.

None so far, though Flash Point isn't getting as much plays as I would like.
>>
>>43425720
Also, additional question, what would be a nice somewhat relaxing eurogame for two players where the rules are very easy to learn, and doesn't depend too much on reading text? I'm thinking of getting Machi Koro, Carcasonne and maaaybe Suburbia or Castles of King Ludwig, though I have no idea how the auctions would work with two players for the latter. Splendor might be good, but the theme is really uninteresting.
>>
File: unnamed_003.jpg (123 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
unnamed_003.jpg
123 KB, 700x525
Some progress! The Nomad's been unlocked. Things are starting to pick up a bit, but it's still fairly slow.

>Infected Wildlife never
>>
File: ponte vecchio.jpg (297 KB, 708x465) Image search: [Google]
ponte vecchio.jpg
297 KB, 708x465
I missed yesterday's meetup, and I'll have to miss today's, so I won't be gaming for at least a fortnight. I would like to play 404: Law Not Found soon, but you try selling people on a game you've only played once before, about 18 months ago...
Not too long - I'm still hopeful on getting Corto for a reasonable price before the year is out, and I'm eyeing up Tales of The Arabian Nights. Also, I told my folks that I'd like Bang! The Dice Game for Christmas this year (I was considering asking for a copy of Viticulture, but that'd be too cruel)
Mostly reviews from YouTube and BGG - sometimes I'll pay a game and be "I need this in my life"
King of Tokyo (boring as shit when playing it with people who've figured out that going into Tokyo first is a bad move), Small World (still fun) and Snowdonia (I actually figured out most of it, which is an improvement on the first time I played it)
>favorite games?
Ankh Morpork, Shadow Hunters, Love Letter, 404: Law Not Found, Gemblo, Hamsterrolle, One Night Ultimate Werewolf, Saboteur and Betrayal at The House on The Hill
First time I ever played ONUW was with Gregory Carslaw, and having him as the announcer was hilarious - he ranged from the the flippant to the downright lewd
Co-op where you play outlaws in the Wild West, trying to rob the stagecoach and kidnap the schoolma'am, all while avoiding the sheriff, because he WILL kick your ass and lock you up. Still in the planning stages, so expect my kickstarter to crash and burn sometime this decade.
Pic related - nowhere near as fun as the box art suggests.
>>
>>43423614
>>what are you looking forward to playing next? what's your wishlist look like?
SW: Imperial Assault, I just bought it but I'm waiting to get back to Jewrope before I open it and play with my buddies.
>>how do you determine what games to buy? reviews? word of mouth? art? components?
I've been playing quite a bit of Legendary Encounters: Aliens and I love it. That last scenario, though, baka desu senpai.
>>favorite games?
Chaos in the Old World and Race for the Galaxy.
>>your best board game related stories?
N/A
>>ever came up with your own board game idea/design? how far did it go? what was it about?
I had an idea for a board game based on the Freespace vidya, then the KS for the FS game was released and it was everything I wanted and then some but it didn't make the cut.
>>your worst case of buyer's remorse?
Lord of the Rings LCG. Pile of shit that game.
>>
>>43426311
>you try selling people on a game you've only played once before, about 18 months ago
OK, I'll give it a shot

"Boys, this is one I've been meaning to try for ages. I've met the designer, he sold me on this game after just one play. It's pretty magical, tell you the truth. The game takes on a life of its own, so let's give it a try shall we?"

It's pretty easy, just show a little enthusiasm
>>
>>43426983
>>
>>43426983
That works only if the game is good. 404, however, is shite and it bombed like everyone knew it would. Minifig's shilling in /bgg/s didn't help it one bit and frankly, I'm sure deep down he knows it's not a good game, which is why he doesn't want to push it on his mates.
>>
>>43423614
Probably a two player game of Alien Frontiers, though maybe not, might just watch documentaries instaed

Reviews

BraveRats, it's amazing, it's a light fast two player card game, all about deduction/bluffing (but it's really light so not really about deduction or bluffing at all)

>favorite games?
Alien Frontiers, Commands and Colours, Wallenstein

Uh, way back when (like a couple years), it was a b-day party (they're all gamers) and my gf and I were there (her friends, not mine), and they setup GoT, after one turn she frowned and refused to play. Good times, bad game.

No, I'm not a masochist.

Caverna, not because I don't like it/dwarves/wooden sheep, but that I don't know if/when I'll ever play it.
>>
File: tg cattestation.jpg (2 MB, 4250x2391) Image search: [Google]
tg cattestation.jpg
2 MB, 4250x2391
>>43423614
Really want to get Fury of Dracula played.
>What's your wishlist look like?
Mafia de Cuba expansion, Kemet expansion, really good Shattered Ascention components for TI3.
Just some Codenames, One Night Revolution, and Enter the Dungeon.
Codenames is just plain solid and fun.
Enter the Dungeon is okay, more of a puzzle than Skull, but not as pure a bluffing game.
One Night Revolution is a fucking nightmare, I love it. I've never seen a table to terrified to share the little shreds of information they've got because they no longer know what team they're on.
>favorite games?
Still got to be TI3, annoyed I haven't got a play in for a couple months,
Dominion, maybe. Annoyed with how little play Exodus is getting, but I still want to grab the expansion.
>>
>>43427274
No, I love YOU the most!
>>
File: 422.jpg (316 KB, 666x882) Image search: [Google]
422.jpg
316 KB, 666x882
Anybody have any Triumph&Tragedy plays under the belt? I'm rather interested in it but I haven't found that many reviews of it. Seeing as I have zero experience with block games, and not exactly a lot with wargames either, I'm kind of looking around for what people with more experience in those genres think of this game.
>>
File: 653777.jpg (4 MB, 2568x2552) Image search: [Google]
653777.jpg
4 MB, 2568x2552
My wishlist. Got any advice or recommendations?
>>
>>43429521
I like Heroes of Normandie better than Memoir 44, and either Exodus or TI3 better than Eclipse, but not bad overall.
>>
>>43429580
Memoir '44 is king, fuck your HoN
>>
>>43429603
It's not a bad game, but it feels so damn sterile by comparison, and I'm just not a fan of the commands and colors order system.
No real army customization, either, just scenarios.
>>
>>43429644
Though I know almost nothing about HoN, a few things Memoir 44 has going for it is 100+ miniatures, very easy to learn, Overlord for 4+ players, and no kickstarter exclusives.
>>
>>43429644
Battlelore says fuck you and your no army customization.
>>
>>43429644
>historical wargame
>army customization

Why, why do you distinctly want to play NON-HISTORICAL WARGAMES.

There's nothing stopping you from customizing your armies, are you so rules-oriented that you need something to say "you can swap this and this"

Like you get the engine, you get the VC/s and commands, but NOTHING stops you from using other armies, or pieces, or finding scenarios online for OTHER BATTLES.
>>
>>43429776
Yeah, HoN doesn't have the miniatures - though the cardboard units are the nicest in that category I've ever seen.
And HoN is a bit more complicated too, but not by a lot.
Nothing stopping you from running 4+ player HoN overlord, though you might need a second copy of the d-day maps to get as big as Mem44's one.
I'll certainly grant you the kickstarter exclusives thing, though they've made them mostly available from their web store, with exception for the kinda junk dust tactics sheet.

>>43429782
Haven't played battlelore, but I'd probably like it better than Mem44.

>>43429808
>why do you distinctly want to play NON-HISTORICAL WARGAMES?
. . . Fun?

>There's nothing stopping you from customizing your armies, are you so rules-oriented that you need something to say "you can swap this and this"
Of course not, but the fact remains that one game supports it, one game requires me to construct that feature myself. And I happen to like a lot of things about the other game better anyways. So, convenience.
>>
So I've introduced pretty much all of my friends to BattleCON at this point, and I'm pretty eager to get some team or all-v-one games set up. 2v1 or 3v1 are especially perfect because my friends love ganging up on me when we play one of my games.

Can anyone who's tried the bosses tell me if they went over well? I read through the boss scenario rules last night and they look p fun. The BattleQuest scenarios look good too, but I'd be interested to find out whether people have had luck getting people to try them.
>>
>>43429982
>customizing your force is literally just deploying whatever pieces you want

>complains the rules don't tell him he can do this

Are you autistic?
>>
File: lawless.jpg (7 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
lawless.jpg
7 KB, 271x186
>>43430095
I'd rather not spend an hour squabbling with my opponent on whether or not the forces we've chosen are acceptably close to balanced. Does that make me autistic?
>>
I'm pretty new to board games and my friend is looking to pick up the following:

Mage Knight
Smallworld Underground
Dungeon Lords

Good picks, or no?
>>
>>43430095
>You need rules to have fun?
>Must be an autist!
Brilliant, those damn jews printing boardgames have pulled the wool over all our eyes! Everyone just play pretend from now on, make up your own fun doing whatever you want!
>>
>>43430125
>custom army balancing rules are actually balanced

hehehehehe, you're funny anon

>squabble with your opponent

Why is this even a thing in 2015? Are you two really so concerned about who will win your made-up toy soldier battle?

You seem like the type of guy to say "NUH-UH" after he proclaims he shot you while playing cops and robbers
>>
>>43427274
Spoken like someone who's never played the game. Please enlighten us all by telling us which mechanics are bad specifically?

Considering I own it too and my group has a good time when we play, I find the "Some Trip-Fag recommended it - It must be bad" crap to be idiotic. Can you actually do something besides spout /b/ or /pol/ grade ad hominem attacks?
>>
>>43430162
Not for new players.

Smallworld is pretty alright, not bad for new players

But mage knight is a fucking herculean slog of a game, very slow and huge and slow and imo boring

Dungeon lords is also huge and has a lot of "moving" pieces that you might not grasp right away.

They're pretty deep games for an "intro"
>>
>>43429521
I see a few recent kickstarters on the list, so I guess first recommendation is to find a way to curb the hype. Backing a KS game, even games that turn out to be good, is more often than not a bad deal. I very, very often disagree with Nick from Board Game Brawl, but he seems to be the only reviewer who's not afraid to give negative first impressions for live campaigns. So try to at least fish for his opinion/other negative feedback before backing anything.

>Scythe
Try and see if anyone else you know is backing it/wants to back it. I'm sure it's worth playing but I don't think it's going to hold up after repeated play
>Quantum
Puzzley game pretending to be a 4x game that really only works well with 2 players. Nothing wrong with that, but it feels a lot different than it looks which I think mislead my friend into getting it
>Alien Frontiers
I recommend avoiding game salute
>High Frontier
If you ever get it to the table, I'll be impressed. Very rewarding solo experience though
>>
>>43430294
Nice try, Minifig.
>>
>>43430315
I mean, we've played intro level stuff like Munchkin, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Dominion, basically Tabletop tier games, and we're looking for something a little more in depth. Your summation of Mage Knight is what I had feared, but he's deadset on that one unfortunately (I wanted to go Thunderstone). Dungeon Lords is mostly there because we both love the shit out of Dungeon Keeper. I'd rather get something a little over our heads than something on the dull side. Thanks for the feedback, anon.
>>
>>43430292
I'm not sure what your point is.
I like playing around with point-buy army systems because they give me constraints within which I have to try and make things work. It's like deckbuilding rules in a constructed card game like magic or netrunner. Of course you can just sit down with an opponent and go "hey just slap whatever cards you want together who gives a fuck" and sometimes that's fun.
But sometimes you want to have rules, sometimes I want to sit down and hammer something clever out under 300 points.

The hell is your problem with that?

>the type of guy to say "NUH-UH" after he proclaims he shot you while playing cops and robbers
If I was this kind of ass, I wouldn't have a game group.
>>
>>43430340
>>Alien Frontiers
>I recommend avoiding game salute

No, Alien Frontiers is hands down the best worker placement game ever made.

It's a medium weight game with a great expansion, the diceplay with the workerplacement is brilliant and there's lots of interaction and play between players about controlling the various resources.

The competition for area control is a lovely little cherry on top, after you've spent all this time building houses for your colonists you jockey for dominance in regions which improve your resource collection in other areas, the kicker is, the moon regions are right next to the areas they influence on the board, with little reminder arrows to help make sure you don't forget what your bonus is, it's genius.

If you don't decide to get the factions expansion you've still got a great game, with competing for relics and piracy (and all the dice rolling worker placing) for a ton of player interaction in worker placement, it really is awesome.

If you do get the factions expansion you get a phenomenal game, where every player has different actions they can carry out, and other players can use their opponent's space-base to get a unique action, but they reward their opponent by paying the resources to use the space-base to that player.

It creates another layer of player interaction and more spaces for workers to go, without detracting from the limiting factors of the original board (due to the requirements for placing workers).

It's my favourite game of all time, I have no idea what game salute did to you to have you suggest to avoid them, but this game is fantastic. If you like dice or worker placement, this game is for you.
>>
>>43430384

Isn't Thunderstone dead? I looked at the prices and decided to sit that one down, might take a new look at Ascention.
>>
>>43430384
Dungeon lords is NOTHING like dungeon keeper.

I find mage knight dull personally, thunderstone is really good.
>>
>>43430992
Everything that AEG makes that isn't love letter is pretty much dead.

They're just going to poop out love letter (also lost legacy, since it's pretty much love letter with a little more), and smash up until they die.

They could've been a fantastic board game company, but instead they're focusing on gimmick sales and quantity rather than quality.
>>
Hey guys, what is the most complex and intensive game that's still casual?
What I'm saying is wee need more stuff like cosmic encounter, which is enough of a game to actually be fun while still feeling like I can play it without thinking three turns into the future
>>
>>43431150
So you want games that have simple rules, but complex player interaction?

Maybe Sheriff of Nottingham?
>>
>>43431150
Check out Chaosmos, it's super Cosmic-Encounter-Tier, unique, and fun as shit.
>>
Just got today's mail.
Requested five cards from shards of the throne as replacement parts from FFG.
Got every card in the expansion.
Welp.
>>
>>43431602
It's like when I asked for six ships for my wedding. Got 12 sprue sheets.
>>
>>43431150
Read this and for some reason Dominant Species popped into my mind. Not sure if I'd exactly call it casual though but idk, my sense of what's casual and what isn't is probably somewhat skewed. I guess you could say that there is a fair number of rules but none of them are in any way difficult to understand or grasp. They just need to be remembered, which the small player aids do a good job of helping with anyway.
>>
>>43431645
>dominant Species, casual

kek
>>
>>43431631
Yeah, and they already sent me an entire copy of Shattered Empire minus the ships, rulebook, and race sheets when I just wanted the muaat components.
Crazy, but I'm not complaining.
>>
>>43431678
It's called "bulk processing"

It's cheaper for them to send everything rather than open a box and then have miscellaneous pieces sitting around in a warehouse that will probably get lost and cost them more than just sending you everything.

Yes you may say "but they could do it before packing a box full" but that's not how assembly lines work, if they take some pieces out it creates an incomplete box which will never be completed, ever.
>>
>>43431122
What is Doomtown then?
>>
>>43431726
A year old, aka the last squirt of shit before the shitpocalypse
>>
>>43431725
No, I get it, happens all the time where I work, it's just the scale of overkill is especially amusing here.
>>
>>43431150
Through the Ages. Even more so the new edition which streamlines most clunky features of the old editions.
>>
What do you listen to while you play?

If we're playing Risk or even GoT I have some rock/metal playlists. But playing something like Mage Knight/War of The Ring or anything fantasy I prefer a soundtrack, most often I'll stick on the entire LoTR soundtrack but would like some other options if you had any suggestions
Hans Zimmer gets thrown in every so often too
>>
>>43432149
sound tracks are gay
>>
>>43432149
i've GMed mansions of madness with tabletopaudio.com
it's nice to have the possibility of single sounds and there's a lot of creepy sounding stuff on the site. probably the tracks are too short to support long and epic games though.
>>
>>43432207
tabletopaudio is pretty good.
Most of my collection is scifi-themed stuff, so I get a lot of mileage out of long ambient synth albums like the stuff Carbon Based Lifeforms does.
>>
>>43432207
I'll look into it anyways

>>43432169
and your mother is a skank
>>
>>43432149
Silence is almost always better, although when I played Star Wars: Risk with a friend he insisted on playing the soundtrack. I'll admit that it made the game more exciting

Also, if I was playing games at your house and you queued up a metal playlist, I would probably make up an excuse to leave early
>>
>>43432378
So? We all have our own personal opinions, and yours means absolutely nothing to me
>>
File: Mage Knight.jpg (1 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
Mage Knight.jpg
1 MB, 3008x2000
Mage Knight, I will get a game going one day....
X-com
Pandemic: Legacy
The expac for Evolution

Let's plays, reviews, first hand experience from Meet up groups.

Tokaido - Fantastic

>favorite games?
Epic Spell Wars
Twilight Imperium
Mage knight

Come from Twilight Imperium.

Smash Up + Expansions
>>
>>43431150
Flash Point is actually harder if you play with the beginner rules
>>
>>43431645
>>43431663

Yeah I love Dominant Species but you need an accountant for the upkeep and explaining what everything does will discourage most people.
>>
>>43429580
>exodus over eclipse
My nigga.
>>
>>43430315
>But mage knight is a fucking herculean slog of a game, very slow and huge and slow

>playing with more than 2p
>>
>>43430679
Some of us put our principles above our consumerism when determining utility, and one of my principles is "gamesalute can go fuck themselves."
>>
>>43431725
>>43431678
You think if I ask for a complete set of ship models and payed they'd deliver? I need more ships but I don't want to pay $120ish just for them.
>>
>>43435252
They explicitly say they don't sell extra parts or replace lost ones, but I up-and-up told them I'd lost the stuff I wanted replaced and they didn't even bat an eye. I still doubt they'd go for "I want an extra set plz", but who knows?

>>43435167
Eclipse just isn't as immersive. It's damn slick, and the player aids and components make it really easy to teach, but it just isn't as juicy as exodus.
>>
>>43435939
What really me gusta about Exodus is the mandatory politics and movement phases, these two things are so integral to any space 4x/strat that they figured, "why make players use resources/actions to do something that most groups will want to do at least once a turn anyway?"
I mean, I still prefer TI3, but Exodus can hit the table far more often.
>>
>>43435252
Man, I keep telling myself I'll set up an email for selling for the /bgg/ anons concerning the batch of ti3 sprue sheets I have, but then I set it aside and let them collect dust. That and I'm not sure about the rules regarding private transactions/trades around these parts...
>>
>>43435939
I can just lie and say I left the parts on a bus.
>>
>>43436249
It'd probably work, if I'm honest.

>>43436058
Agreed on all points.

>>43436065
No rules, really.
>>
>>43436058
>>43437163
The only thing I don't like about Exodus (and they might have fixed this in Revised or an expansion) is the bland politics cards.
>>
I know about the android app and the iphone app but how can I play Neuroshima: Hex on the PC?

I found some apk on thepiratebay but it's not downloading so at least I can use an android emulator but is there anything for the PC? A reimplementation if not the official app maybe?
>>
>your worst case of buyers remorse?
I buckled and just backed Scythe at the highest pledge level... time will tell on this one.
>>
If everyone in my group shows up, we have 8.
Are there any good games for that many that aren't just social deduction? Resistance and One Night Werewolf are cool and all, but it's wearing a bit thin.
>>
>>43442457
Well, there's regular deduction/role selection (Mascarade/Lost Temple/Lifeboat with expansions), there's party games, and there's a couple really light games like Tsuro and Zombie Dice.
>>
>>43442457
I'd recommend trying to play two different 4 player games at once, because there aren't that many games for 6+ players. If they insist on playing together though, there's Memoir 44 Overlord, or Codenames, though that's kind of a social deduction game, I guess?
>>
>>43442680
This. 8 is an impossible number if you're trying to play games that actually feature meaningful gameplay. Closest I can recommend is 7 Wonders with Cities for the 8th player. Outside of that, it's nothing but social games for days.
>>
>>43442457
This>>43442718
Though Shadows over Camelot can be played with 8 players if you have the extension. Never played it with that much though, so I wouldn't know how it holds up. You can try Bang! too maybe, it can be long though.
>>
The roll for the galaxy expansion just does NOT seem worth the money. There's FIVE tiles that you put in the bag, a stack of starter tiles that are going to see play very slowly, and a stack of special dice that will come out extremely rarely unless you force them to come out be tailoring the starting pool of faction/race tiles, objectives that just look 'meh', and the only thing that really interests me being the commander dice.

It does not look like it's work $27 at cool stuff.
I can't imagine buying it for $40 retail. I would feel so god damned ripped off.

Hell, the base game is $60, the expansion should add a number of tiles and dice equal to 2/3 the amount found in the original for that price.
>>
>>43443654
There are actually more starting factions and world than were in the base game. I'd say there is more than 2/3 the amount of printed material. The amount of dice is definitely less than 2/3, probably less than 1/3, but overhead, shipping, and all the other hidden costs probably aren't that much different between the the baseband and the nearest expansion, so I'll take that hit.

All and all the price seems reasonable to me. Not a great deal, but definitely not the ripoff your suggesting.
>>
>>43443872
Happiness is subjective, and this anon feels unhappy.

I mostly avoid expansions anyways, the ones I make exceptions for are Scoundrels of Skullport, Factions for Alien Frontiers and literally everything for Summoner Wars.
>>
File: time-stories.jpg (25 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
time-stories.jpg
25 KB, 600x600
anyone tryed this ? seems very interesting
>>
>>43444832
box art turns me off no lie, who's the designer?
>>
>>43444839
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/146508/time-stories

BGG gives Manuel Rozoy and no other game designed by him.
The box artwork isn't true to the in-game artwork though so don't let that be your turn-off for this game. It's actually quite fun. Is it worth the 40 quid? Eh, probably not but give it some time and you can buy it second hand.
>>
>>43444832
Without having played it, I think I like Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective better.
>>
>>43444908
this game looks like shit, it physically looks bad

any reviews?
>>
File: yes.png (133 KB, 550x770) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
133 KB, 550x770
>>43443949
>literally everything for summoner wars
It really is the only way. Helps when you get a buddy so hooked he starts contributing funding for preorders.
You have a favorite big box or simultaneous release of summoners? I've found the second summoner factions after the new classic four to be wonderfully fun and different. Alliances has been a treat as well.
>>
>>43444912
>>43444912
I have Sherlock and love it to pieces. so maybe this is similar ?
>>
>>43445117
Sure seems so, with more "game" to it, but only one mystery in the core box.
>>
>>43445117
I've played the first Time Stories case but haven't played Sherlock yet but from what I've heard about the latter I don't think the games are similar.

TS is a traditional game with meeples, a board and a fuckton of cards. You've got an action point system, player cooperation and Arkham Horror-like characters with stats and health points. In fact, if you've played AH you'll feel quite at home right away.

TS somewhat feels like a dungeon crawler to me with an innovative twist to it but very much grounded on a solid, traditional board gaming feel.
>>
>>43445291
That's certainly more meat than I'd thought there was on it, but still, just the one "dungeon" makes it hard to get excited about buying a copy.
>>
>>43445317
Pretty much everyone agrees that it's too expensive, yeah. It's like an adventure vidya but even those are cheaper nowadays.

Buy it second hand or on a sale.
>>
>>43445039
All the goblin decks, idk, I just like goblins.

I'm not a big fan of the mercs, since if you saturate a deck with mercs you lose a lot of what makes you unique, and I find that the synergies and balance of specific factions usually outweigh the vanilla merc
>>
>>43431122
Play Istanbul and Pagoda, they're pretty solid.
>>
File: sourpuss.jpg (4 KB, 177x144) Image search: [Google]
sourpuss.jpg
4 KB, 177x144
Trying to print out the shattered ascention strategy cards on full-sheet label paper for cutting and pasting onto my spare originals, but I can't for the life of me get the page formatting to cooperate with me, since the .pdf is sized for giant-ass paper.

PnP is suffering.
>>
Does anyone have the files for DMCA'd games for Tabletop Simulator?
Looking for Tragedy Looper in particular.
>>
So, ffg announced their latest big box game, and lo and behold, its another Star Wars title.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/3/star-wars-rebellion/

I am intrigued that the company is continuing its recent return to larger scale games, and hoping this means ti4 will not be a star wars reskin.
>>
File: mage wars summoner wars.jpg (403 KB, 940x600) Image search: [Google]
mage wars summoner wars.jpg
403 KB, 940x600
Which one should I get? Dear god! WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET?!
>>
>>43448031
Mage Wars is garbage. The only fun Mage Wars match is a blitz match where both mages are aggressive and they run in and blow each other up in a couple turns. But, if either of the mages are economic in nature, expect a literally 2 to 4 hour long game as they stall the game out to complete and utter boredom.

I can't speak to Summoner Wars, but I've played a handful of the original Mage Wars base set with the "standard" spellbooks, and any match that involved the Priest and the Wizard went stupid long and just went to shit. And looking at their cards, those mages really do not have any other strategy except stall til the game goes long and out econ the opponent.
>>
>>43444832
This game looks really really fun to play but I don't want to support it. It's a scenario based game with only one scenario. People report it takes about 4 games to crack the (albeit amazing) case then you're done. Compare that to Sherlock which had 10 in the box so even though it was finite you got a good crack at it before it was done.

Apparently there is an advert for future expansions inside the box. On the first print run.

For a while now I've seen board gaming begin to go the way of the video game industry as more and more people join the hobby and this is another step in a bad direction. The game reeks of "ransomed content/day one dlc"
>>
>>43448031

Haven't played Mage Wars, but Summoner Wars is fun. Most games are tight and can easily be turned around at any moment. The game encourages aggresive gameplay, even if it's "force your enemy to punch himself in the dick" kind of aggression. While I mostly played the four races from the previous sets (+ mercernaries), the new core races are distinguishable and each plays very differently from any other. Also, four-player mode is rad.
>>
>>43448031
Summoner Wars, hands down. So much value in the most recent big box set (Summoner Wars Alliances.)
>>
>>43448031
Summoner Wars > Mage Wars
>>
>>43448370
>>43448348
>>43448220

Alright kids, which package do we tell anon to start with? Regular Master set? Alliances? An earlier core set with a couple of awesome stand alone summoner decks?
I am thinking Alliances with the Filth, and a couple of the Second Summoner faction decks.
>>
>>43448412
I bought Master set and Alliances, but a lot of people criticize master set.
>>
>>43448412

Eh, all sets are good. I mean, each race plays differently, yet as a whole the game is well balanced. I suppose anon should browse through descriptions of how each race plays, decide what he likes, and then choose pack(s) basing on it.
>>
>>43448444
>criticizing master set
sweet baby syrup jesus, how?
Before that, you only had paper battlefields, and an emphasis on champion only play (commons for vanguard, fallen kingdom, cloaks, and tundra orcs were rather weak barring event cards).

Master set showed a willingness to change the value of tier 2 units, and offered interesting tactics with the "gimmicks" of the new races, like vine walls creeping into the enemy field, caring about distance for bonuses, or being more conservative in battles to stockpile resources. The second summoners, filth and mercenaries, and alliances have only improved the gameplay again and again, so I can see how the master set may seem to pale in comparison. But damn, for a starting package do you get great stuff. I can see the Benders being annoying as all hell, and the Deep Dwarves/Mountain Vargath appearing to be underpowered at first glance, but damn do I feel it is a solid core box.

What points to people go to for critiques?
>>
Looking forward to finishing our Imperial Assault campaign. My wish list is miles long.

Mostly reviews or word of mouth, although I won't touch anything that looks terrible art or component wise.

Tried the Portal game last week, it wasn't the big meme fest I thought it would be and turned out pretty good. Needs better board pieces though.

>favorite games?
CE and Eldritch Horror

Don't really have any, haven't been playing that long.

Time travel, only an idea and I think someone just released a game that was pretty similar to what I was thinking.

Heroes of Metro City, got too excited when I first found kickscammer and backed it before I knew better.
>>
>>43442409
Well they're offering a 100% refund if you don't like it, so there's no real opportunity for loss.
>>
>>43423614
68 Jahre am Thron,86 Jahre hat er uns geschenkt

I miss you Franz Joseph

:'(
>>
>>43448160
>This game looks really really fun to play
It is.

>The game reeks of "ransomed content/day one dlc"
It does.

>For a while now I've seen board gaming begin to go the way of the video game industry as more and more people join the hobby and this is another step in a bad direction.
And this is just, er, I don't even know. More people joining the hobby is one thing, studios throwing over-priced product on the market is something else altogether. At least this one isn't a bad game.
>>
File: Human_(FFG).jpg (149 KB, 663x1000) Image search: [Google]
Human_(FFG).jpg
149 KB, 663x1000
Quick! What are your favorite Cosmic Encounter aliens?

Crystal
Engineer
Exortionist
Human
Industrialist
Lizard
Roach
Warhawk
Will
>>
>>43448031
Both are great.

The biggest thing you will have to decide on between them is who are you going to be playing it with? Mage Wars Arena is VERY in depths with tons of moving parts and interlocking rules. Summoner Wars is much faster and simpler allowing for more plays in the same time.

Mage Wars have a more in depth and customizable deck building while Summoner Wars is pretty straightforward and restrictive.

So ultimately it's how complex do you want your game. Do you wish Magic the Gathering was more like TI3? Then go for Mage Wars Arena. Do you wish MtG was more straightforward? Get Summoner Wars.

Honestly I'd recommend Summoner Wars because I get more play out of it. I have three friends who are into Summoner Wars and only one willing to put in the time to get to know Mage Wars.

Also take a look at Mage Wars Academy. It's a streamlined version of Mage Wars Arena. It plays closer to Magic the Gathering, but still has the 'spellbook' aspect.
>>
>>43449941
Winner
Loser
Spiff
Trader
Butler

I can't think any faster.
>>
>>43449964
> Do you wish MtG was more straightforward? Get Summoner Wars.

I disagree with this understanding of Summoner Wars. It has players contesting physical space, an area control element that Magic lacks. Epic the card game is the closest I can think to a more straightforward Mtg.

Summoner wars is much closer to a skirmish game, with some resource management thrown in. Mage Wars contains stronger affinity to magic in chaining combos and casting spell after spell. You don't see the same kind of card tactics in Summoner Wars except for a race bent on combo, like the Cave Goblins, or just regular synergy between event cards and unit abilities.
>>
>>43449941
Trickster
Saboteur
Ace
The Claw
Diplomat
Filch (with classic flare)
Judge
Mite
Schizoid
Seeker
>>
So my parents are both retired now, and they are a bit glum because they don't have much to do, but they recently talked about playing chess together, and board games like cluedo and other rubbish.

Whats a suitable modern board game they can play together thats going to get them into the scene. My games (space hulk, mansions of madness, cosmic encounter, kingdom death - none suitable).
>>
>>43451134
also, something I can join in with them and play with them occasionally
>>
I'm looking for a game for two players. Bonus points if it's set in a fantasy with elves, magic and all that crap.
Ideally the game would have lots of customization so we won't get bored after several sessions. I've been thinking about Warhammer: Invasion, or even buying a huge collection of WoW tcg from ebay for cheap but I'm sure it is going to be full of crap cards.
It would be cool if the game had lots of cards or miniatures.
Sci-fi is not really an option as gf can't stand it.
>>
>>43451454
Mage Knight might be worth looking into, I think.
>>
>>43451134
Would be interesting to know why none of your games would be suitable for your parents. I guess if you're a certain age playing with little plastic marines and skimpy-clad adventurers may sound a little silly? Hm...

>Suburbia
It's not very complex rules-wise, is thematically down-to-earth and just as good for 2 players.

>K2
Very easy to get into, cool (hoho) theme and quality production values, low set-up time. Even allows for different difficulty levels so one might get just a little more mileage out of it.

>Pandemic
I guess? It's not a big leap from Risk to Pandemic, at least it seems familiar and I guess everyone has fond memories of his first co-op game after a socialization on Monopoly and shit.

>>43451454
>Ideally the game would have lots of customization so we won't get bored after several sessions.
Not really sure what you mean with customization but I'm going to assume it's primarily about re-playability.

>War of the Ring
Obviously _the_ 2-player-fantasy-with-a-fuckload-of-miniatures-board-game. It's an area control strategy game like Risk or Axis & Allies but is obviously a gorillion times better than the former and offers more re-playability than the latter. Asymmetric gameplay for both factions, great production values, thematically immersive rules (50 pages of them) and ~3 hours of pure gaming bliss.

>Mage Knight
Explore hex tiles, fight monsters, level up, conquer cities. Comes with a handful of miniatures but more cards as it's a deck building puzzle game. It plays slowly but at the same time rewards strategically planning your turn - analysis paralysis is a real bummer here but with two players it shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>43448757
prove you didn't like it thought
>>
>>43448546
I think it's the faction balance/variance when compared to the newer sets or something?

Something about vampires or what not?
>>
>>43452021
To be fair, mansions of madness is suitable, dad has played before.
But no good as a 2 player, marginal as a 3 player.

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll look into them.
>>
>>43423614
Why would I want Galaxy Trucker Anniversary Edition If the base game + both expansions is cheaper?
>>
>>43453247
Never mind, the Amazon price is extortionate and getting it used on BGGM or eBay is cheaper.
>>
>>43449941
>engineer in the top 2
Not down on the engineer, just surprised

I like Calculator, Citadel, Skeptic (especially with flare), Seeker, Whirligig (I just don't like how long it can take), Observer, Yin-Yang, and Symbiote
>>
My mom doesn't know any English at all and every time she comes visit and watches my boardgame shelf she is really interested and ask me to play something with her but I have so few games that we could play... could /tg/ recommend me some good non-language dependent games?
>>
>>43453597
Anything by Feld.
>>
Classic Carcassonne or new edition?
>>
>>43453597
Skull
Enter the Dungeon
Sheriff of Nottingham
Kemet
Mascarade
Coup

>>43454191
Neither.
>>
>>43455612
>Neither.
Rec a common-area tile-layer?
>>
>>43423614
>>
File: 556358_1286630516271_full.jpg (11 KB, 361x341) Image search: [Google]
556358_1286630516271_full.jpg
11 KB, 361x341
Welp, we have our Not-A-Twilight-Imperium-Reprint-As-A-Star-Wars-Game.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/3/star-wars-rebellion/
>>
>>43455730
Just not a genre I like, carcasonne is as harmless as anything else, I suppose.
>>
>>43455759
™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™
>>
>>43455785
>>
>>43455759
Doesn't seem that similar, to be honest.
>>
>>43455827
Yeah, I'm not as bothered as I was expecting. This seems pretty focuses as a 1v1 game with strong cat-and-mouse elements.

It's actually, dare I say it, interesting.
But probably not for me, I like my 1v1 games a bit faster than this looks to be.
>>
>>43423614
Mage Knight! My wishlist is mostly expansiony things to stuff I like so far. Gonna get my next Descent expansion: Labyrinth. That, Summoner Wars original Master Set and a few faction sets.

I prefer games with higher component quality but also with good reviews across the board. My collection is new and small so I want stuff that I can keep a while.
Descent 2e Nerekhall. This is pretty amazing. It's a bit "gamey" on the second campaign but I've also run a more PF-esque custom campaign in it too.
>favorite games?
Twilight Imperium 3. It's just so big and so replayable.

Several actually. Pixl Parsec is my micro game. Currently printed a high quality prototype and am testing. Blind testing is next after some tweaks. Also, Digimon Battles print and play card game to better remake the PS1 game.
wp.me/P6PqeA-B
Also currently writing a roleplay loosely based on the Souls videogames called Revenant: Age of Dusk.
Call of Cthulhu LCG core set. The most overproduced card game I've ever bought. The figures and board are so incredibly superfluous I was mad that it drove the price up ridiculously, yet the cards were magically terrible thin messes. I had just come from Cardfight Vanguard where the card quality was high. It didn't help that the CoC LCG had boring rules and made it feel like a half-bastard child of an aborted board game and card game.
>>
>>43455785
>Including such characters as Leia Organa™, Mon Mothma™, Grand Moff Tarkin™, and Emperor Palpatine™, these leaders and their individual talents drive everything you do. As civil war spreads throughout the galaxy, these leaders are invaluable to your efforts, and the secret missions they attempt will evoke many of the most inspiring moments from the classic trilogy. You might send Luke Skywalker™ to receive Jedi training on Dagobah™ or have Darth Vader™ spring a trap that freezes Han Solo™ in carbonite!

This fucking paragraph.
>>
>>43456635
I'm not sure if I should be more annoyed at FFG or Disney.
>>
>>43456635
I like how Jedi and carbonite aren't trademarked.
>>
>>43451134
>>43453597
My current repertoire of games for playing with older people with maybe poor vision for 2 players are:

Flash Point: Co-op about firefighters, basic rules are really simple but still challenging, advanced rules add complexity. Little to no text other than the ones on the firefighter cards, which are ignored in the basic rules.

Wings of War/Glory: WWI/WWII dogfighting war game, old version uses cards for the planes, new version follows X-Wing style single/three plane miniatures in a box. Can be taught by gradually adding new rules, though just the basic rules is easy to learn and still interesting. No text other than letters on the plane cards denoting maneuver and damage decks. Two seaters shouldn't be used without some of the advanced rules though, as they can be pretty beastly without the Blind Spot and Altitude rules.

Castles of Mad King Ludwig: Eurogame, arrange room tiles to rack up points. Room completion effects on the tiles use illustrations and room colour instead of text, so the rules are easy to learn and it can also be played with players that don't understand English/can't see that well.

Mysterium: Tentative recommendation, do test before buying. A guessing game where one player plays the ghost and gives clues to the others, which consist of really pretty imagery. No text whatsoever on any of the components. Works just as fine as a casual guess the card game without setting up everything. If the ghost player doesn't enjoy giving clues and seeing the others puzzle it out - whether by discussion or just brooding over the cards - then stay away, since the main joy in this one is looking at the reactions of the psychics. Also somewhat harder for players with poor vision since they might miss small details, though it might keep games interesting.
>>
>>43457387
>Castles of Mad King Ludwig
The expansion is coming in tomorrow from FedEx can't wait.
>>

Pax Porfiriana. Got the collector's edition coming in any day now. Also got Codenames, Spyfall, Ghost Stories w/ White Moon, One Night Ultimate Werewolf, and Carcassonne expansions coming in.

7 Wonders, Tigris & Euphrates, Le Havre, and various expansions to games that I already have.

I generally look for an average rating of 7.1 or higher on BGG, but of course I also look at the number of ratings and where they're coming from (if there are only a few ratings). Of course, the game has to sound interesting to me too. Not too big of a fan of theme-first games and I don't care too much about component quality and artwork beyond "durable" and "functional".

Played Suburbia. It's generally a good time but one guy decided that the middle of the game was the best time to register for his next classes, so it ended up taking like twice as long as it normally did. Probably just not gonna invite him to any future games that I set up.

>favorite games?

Twilight Struggle.

Spyfall. We've been playing for a while at this point so we've developed a set of stock questions with corresponding stock answers. We're in the submarine. I lead off with the first question and ask a guy how the weather is. He responds, "It's nice. Very sunny." and the rest of us just look at each other, trying really hard not to laugh, and then we all just start cracking up.

Button Bashers. Backed it on Kickstarter without thinking about it too much. Long story short, it's autism in a box. Made me just really wary of blindly backing Kickstarters ever again, though I probably shouldn't have been doing that in the first place.
>>
>>43454191
You can get the Big Box of the old version for under £40 so I would recommend that. if you were just to get base game, traders & builders and inns & cathedrals new edition it's gonna be closer to £50-60
>>
>>43423614
>...looking forward to playing?
Just ordered Pandemic on the Brink expansion and Isle of Skye to arrive for the weekend, can't wait.
>>
>>43423614
So, after hearing all kinds of horror stories about the 1e to revised upgrade pack, I've decided to get the Revised edition of Exodus: Proxima Centauri after Galaxy Trucker, War of the Ring, Eldritch Horror (brother Christmas), and Kemet: Ta Seti, and, if it's come out by that time, Fury of Dracula.
>>
File: outtahere.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
outtahere.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>43460178
>Fury of Dracula has been out for a week
>Ta-Seti still not out
>>

Probably a loud drunken session of talisman, or any heavy game. Wish list is kind of nonexistent right now. Heavy euro player area, and any heavy game I like generates no interest.

Theme and play mechanics.

Nothing really recently, see the first question

>favorite games?

Talisman, Nueroshima, Nightfall, Thunderstone, Descent, Arcadia Quest

Nothing 4chan worthy, but talisman was my first real intro to social board gaming, and I'll always have fond memories of it.

A few notes and thoughts, nothing more. Usually tactical miniature based combat.

Rise of the Kage, but that's not to say I feel THAT bad about it. I wanted tenchu the board game and I got it. It's just I also got low quality minis, way too fucking many of them (Kickstarter rewards were really needless), and the rules are currently half baked so the game is very unbalanced.
>>
>>43451454
What about summoner wars, or battlelore
>>
more Euphoria
Suburbia, Coup: Rebellion G54, BattleCON expansions, + a huge list on BGG
>how do you determine what games to buy?
Generally I like to play it before buying but good theme-ing has swayed me in the past
Euphoria, its pretty great. Im looking forward to playing more stonemaier games as well.
>favorite games?
BattleCON, Suburbia
Quite a few, the two I'm currently working on are a portable/micro game I'd like to be playable on the train and a worker placement game.
Quariors!, its just something I dont see myself playing ever again.
>>
>>43451134
>old retired people
>kingdom death

What could possibly go wrong
>>
>>43423614
Cthulhu Wars, Chaos in the Old World
ASL (Beyond Valor), EuroFront II, Maria, Paths of Glory, Here I Stand, Virgin Queen, Robinson Crusoe, Kingdom Death: Monster, Blood Rage, Mage Knight, some Warmachine/Hordes models.
I use the bgg.com GeekBuddy feature to maintain a collection of similar-taste BGG users and analyze their ratings. I do this from time to time to spot games many of them rate highly. Other than that, I usually get exposed to new games from various resources and read the rulebooks if available online.
If not available, I'd probably go to the comments/ratings area of the game on bgg.com and read some of the 9-10 comments and some of the 2-5 comments to get an idea of whether I should further pursue. Incidentally, the lower rating comments are often much more illuminating.
Mostly Go. Also lots of AnR, X-wing, TI3, Eclipse, TTA, Dominion, Battlecon, The Resistance and Warmachine/Hordes.
They're all really good games, and highly replayable which had kept them a staple of my traditional gaming (other than RPGs) for quite some time now.
>favorite games?
Go. Best game ever. By far.
There are so many and it's hard to do them justice so I won't even try. Maybe later in a different post.
It went as far as the design phase. Had a mix of engine building and dudes-on-map.
Castles of Burgundy. So so shitty. I didn't even buy it myself and felt remorse.
>>
>>43459584
>I generally look for an average rating of 7.1 or higher on BGG, but of course I also look at the number of ratings and where they're coming from (if there are only a few ratings). Of course, the game has to sound interesting to me too. Not too big of a fan of theme-first games and I don't care too much about component quality and artwork beyond "durable" and "functional".

>7.1 or higher on BGG

>BGG ratings determining games you play

So, has anyone else made mistakes as big as this guy? Like this is on the level of japan not surrendering before the bombs being dropped at the end of wwii
>>
>>43461757
>Kingdom Death: Monster
>$400 game on the wishlist

I fucking kek'd

>shit talking castles of burgundy

>likes go, ti3, warmahordes

Hahahaha, oh my god, OH MY GOD

>uses bgg user ratings that are similar to his to find games

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is a parody post right? Guys? Right?
>>
Well what do you know you can find elitists even in the boardgame section of a Ecuadorean coffee cultivation forum.
>>
>>43461841
Do they play Java the dice game?
>>
File: betrayal.jpg (384 KB, 1575x1600) Image search: [Google]
betrayal.jpg
384 KB, 1575x1600
>great game that's financially successful and liked by many people
>offers many options for content in expansions
>never gets a single expansion

Why?
>>
>>43461867
Because
>great game
Is inaccurate.

Though honestly I have no idea, it's certainly successful enough. I suspect a sequel is more likely.
>>
>>43461903
>>43461867
It's as good a game as any that has more than 5 expansions.

It doesn't have expansions because it's OLD, it's pre "modern board gaming"

It's pre "designer board gaming"

Hasbro ate avalon hill and fucking consumed it, now, WoTC owns it, and WoTC does not care about anything except magic. Magic makes insane amounts of money, D&D is a footnote, they don't give a flying fuck about Betrayal besides that it sells some copies every now and then so they might as well ship some stock out of the warehouse.

It's not a "profitable venture" to make expansions, because the whole "magic" part of the company eclipses all of FFG.

So yeah, FFG will churn out arkham expansions and xwing (much more xwing because it's much more profitable based on shipping/warehousing fees) but WoTC won't go back to board games now that they have their golden goose.

Sure they'll try and re-purpose their failed miniature lines into board games (sometimes quite successfully, almost always related to D&D) but betrayal? That's not even a thought within the company, it's not a game, it's not an ip, it's under the third asterisk in the category of "other assets"

Hasbro sees WoTC and thinks two things "Magic is profitable" "Why isn't D&D as profitable as magic?"

This led to cool things like WoTC licensing D&D into Lords of Waterdeep (which is awesome) but it won't ever lead to a betrayal redesign or expansion.
>>
>>43462314
>It's as good a game as any that has more than 5 expansions.
I agree with most of your post, but this is nonsense.
>>
>>43462314
>It's as good a game as any that has more than 5 expansions.
Yeah, nah. 50 scenarios is awesome for a game that relies on scenarios, true, but that doesn't make it automatically a good game.

>It doesn't have expansions because it's OLD, it's pre "modern board gaming"
Arkham Horror is 20 years older and has a fuckload of expansions.

>It's pre "designer board gaming"
See above.

What this anon said >>43462452
Your analysis of WoTC is spot on but your analysis of Betrayal is wrong on all accounts.
>>
>>43462452
Dominion is shit and boring, Betrayal has more replay-ability if you're comparing core versus core.

Betrayal == Arkham
I'd argue that betrayal is better because it runs faster, has shorter setup/teardown and is more accessible but it's whatever, the two games do the same thing. Random spooks happen.

Smash up? You gotta be kidding me

Munchkin? See above

I'd say love letter but reprints aren't really expansions, and they're not even good reprints they're just licensed garbage.

Cosmic Encounters is just about the only board game I can think of that has a million expansions that's head and shoulders better than betrayal, and I would hope so, the game came out in the 70s and is still hugely popular.

I guess Catan has had a lot of expansions (mostly shit) but it's had like, Seafarers, Hunters, Knights, that's not really 5, unless you bundle in the "5-6 player" packs which are garbage (game runs like shit above 4 players)

What games are you thinking about that are drowning in expansions that are dramatically better than Betrayal?
>>
>>43462665
I don't think you actually know what you're talking about. You certainly pretend to know what you're talking about, but you're comparing entry-level games to entry-level games (except AH which you clearly haven't played, "Betrayal == Arkham" was a good laugh though). Why don't you try playing a wider range of games first. And why don't you try playing BaHotH with all 50 scenarios before clamoring for expansions.
>>
>>43461777
Out of interest I've been browsing through BGG's top list a couple of years ago, tried out a couple of games that seemed like I would enjoy them and ended up buying quite a lot of those games. No regrets yet.

Sure, blindly relying on user ratings is probably the worst way to start any collection (I'm looking at you IMDB) but in general ratings are not too bad to get a clear and concise overview of which games are considered solid by most and which ones are just shoddy.

As for BGG ratings: Personally, I wouldn't rate Twilight Struggle as #1, Terra Mystica's theme doesn't do anything for me, the Through the Ages hype is particularly horrible over there, TI3 is a little low or maybe Eclipse is just too damn high etc. Still, on the whole I don't see too many heresies worth to get buttblasted about.
>>
File: catte.jpg (57 KB, 374x500) Image search: [Google]
catte.jpg
57 KB, 374x500
>>43462665
Not him, but:
Netrunner
Descent / Imperial Assault
X-Wing
Tannhauser
The Duke
Firefly
Heroes of Normandie
Summoner Wars
BattleCON
Yomi
Hell, even Pandemic
are all things I'd rather be playing than Betrayal that have gratuitous expansions, and that's just stuff I have experience with in my narrow little field of ameritrash bigotry.

And stop pluralizing Cosmic Encounter, my blood pressure is high enough.
>>
>>43462778
>And stop pluralizing Cosmic Encounter, my blood pressure is high enough.

But it's multiple encounters, not just one, so it should be cosmic encounters
>>
>>43462753
>but you're comparing entry-level games to entry-level games

>you don't know what you're talking about

I don't think you know how to formulate a cohesive thought, let alone a sentence, so I'll assume your laughter is a nervous reaction to the pain in your head.
>>
File: l8l.png (54 KB, 234x310) Image search: [Google]
l8l.png
54 KB, 234x310
>>43462959
>>
>>43463028
>sideways image
>filename is l8l

fucking brilliant
>>
>>43462778
>Yomi
>better than betrayal

You're funny.
>>
>>43463055
I wanted to use a colon, but windows still has hangups about that for some reason.

>>43463063
I do my best.
>>
>>43463083
see colon and slash the root twice
>>
File: pic602943_lg.jpg (73 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
pic602943_lg.jpg
73 KB, 1024x682
I hope to play games that I haven't brought to the table a lot. Twilight Imperium, C&C Ancients 3v3 and Battlestar Galactica, mostly. The main game that I'll invest in next is Virgin Queen. I've read the rules, and it just seems like my kind of game. Plus, I have the dedicated players neccessary.

I also hope to visit the local board game café to play some of the various war games they have, like Wizard Kings, Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage, and Hammer of the Scots.

I'll be honest, theme and looks are what mainly attracts me to a game. If a game is expensive, i usually read the rules first.

7 Wonders and Cosmic Encounter are played really often, solid games.Commands and Colors: Ancients I play regularly.

>favorite games?
C&C is probably my favourite game. It just scratches that wargame itch, without being too complicated. That said, I'll probably delve further into more proper wargaming later. Great Battles of History looks good.

Really many. I recently played Ming Dynasty (which is alright at best) but at four players it becomes ridiculously crowded. We don't often get hit by analysis paralysis, but this game broke us.

We also played the battle of Marathon (pic related) with C&C, and it was really fun. It was my first time not being overall commander for my side, and the comms impairment fucked our side over hard, with the assumption that my side would be alright no matter what orders i got, leading the Persians to nab a leader and turning a 6-9 to a 10-9.

Axis and allies. Sort of. Kind of. I always like the first couple of hours of it, but it always leaves me exhausted even if we manage to finish it.
>>
>>43463863
I'm jealous, I love C&C

depending how /tg/ you are, a lot of historical wargamers that I know, buy 6mm or 10mm metal figures, and paint them up, and use them instead of the cubes in C&C.

It's super great imo, and it allows you to expand beyond the offered expansions since you can just play any battle you want.

Of course you could do that with blocks if you wanted. I just like toy soldiers a lot.
>>
>>43461867
Because it's an objectively bad game and unless they're going to re-write the entire base game mechanics in an expansion, there's nothing there to expand on.
>>
>>43464388
I have considered getting miniaturs, but I honestly really like the look of the blocks. The art isn't super great, but the look of them all lined up is just pleasing somehow. I guess it's mostly personal preference though
>>
>>43464995
>objectively bad

The mechanics are objectively the same as arkham/eldritch
>>
What is in your opinion the most overrated game?
>>
File: 1389501912521.gif (574 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
1389501912521.gif
574 KB, 295x221
>>43465520
>>
>>43467973
Probably Munchkin.
Maybe Catan.
I'd say Monopoly or some crap, but I'm not actually convinced anyone thinks they're good.
>>
>>43464995
I can understand where some players just wouldn't enjoy the base mechanics of Betrayal. There isn't any strategy until after the haunt begins, and due to random chance one side can be screwed instantly once it does begin.

>>43465520
>The mechanics are objectively the same as arkham/eldritch

Not even close to the same. Betrayal is FAR FAR less complex.
>>
>>43468149
Yeah, I wouldn't say they're 'over rated' - they're just over-played due to 'bland name' (and no that's not a typo) recognition among the 'casual gamer' set who don't do much exploration of new games on their own.
>>
>>43468177
Oh boy, all those times the haunt ended on the turn it started because the traitor was in the same room as another player who got lucky and found a weapon.

In this case, 50 scenarios really means 50 ways to suck.

>>43468149
Out of interest, I've read so many times that Catan is considered over rated, what is this assumption based on?

Not saying it isn't, mind you. From the top of my head I can think of a couple of good things (grand daddy of variable map building, made an effort to get players involved every turn, not too horrible VP bubble victories) and some bad things (king making, still quite some downtime, no player elimination can turn out to be a cruel joke).

I understand that board games have evolved over the last 20 years and there's lots of nostalgia involved, many players have a soft spot in their hearts for Catan so maybe that's one reason for the (supposed?) over rating.

Anything I've missed?
>>
Star Wars CCG or LCG?
>>
>>43469838
A game of Thrones or Doomtown
X-wing
>>
>>43469838
LCG wins out just on principle.
>>
>>43469863
Whichever one works better for >2 players, since Netrunner king for 1v1.
My bias is subtle.
>>
>>43469891
aGoT since is made with multiplayer in mind.
>>
>>43461490
I thought it was due Q1 2016.
>>
>>43462665
>CE
>a million expansions
It only has five.
>>
>>43462773
Twilight Struggle is literally perfect from a design standpoint.
>>
>>43470035
Not really, it's perfect from a thematic standpoint, and the tension was captured perfectly, and it has been a success with strategy gamers, but there are flaws. I wouldn't say any game with 60% winrate for one side is perfectly designed (though it's still pretty well-designed and still one of my favorites)
>>
>>43470035
What he said >>43470189
Even though the USSR win percentage is a little higher still IIRC, depending on bidding and tournament rules etc.
>>
>>43469941
I'm literally molesting my copy as we speak. Unless you're talking about ta-seti, in which case I'm literally imagining molesting my copy as we speak.
>>
>>43462773
Twilight struggle is perfect
>>
>>43467973
Easily Smash Up. I know a number of people who think that game is the shit. They're close; it's actually just shit.
>>
Is Ashes the perfect LCG to rule them all?
>>
>>43470726
At risk of looking like either a broken record or a fanboy, nothing I've seen out of Ashes looks more interesting than Netrunner.
But I do think it's the most interesting take on the MTG-Esque dueling mages cardgame archetype I've seen.
>>
>>43470726
Really interesting, just one detail
>Dice rolling
>>
>>43471080
But that's what makes it so perfect. Have you actually played it? It no more "luck" based than MagicTG is.
>>
>>43471122
i never said it was a bad thing is just that I already play dice masters and I can't help to think that every time I need a good roll something bad happens
>>
>>43470899
Netrunner will go down
>>
>>43471276
Hey, no bully here
>>
>>43471204
Except you can fix your die rolls either through card abilities or throught of the meditate action...at the cost of killing spells in play or cards from hand or deck.
>>
>>43470726
when does the next expansion comes out?
>>
>>43470189
>>43470319
The new rulebook explicitly recs bidding for USSR, and US always puts the extra influence in Iran and Italy.
>>
>>43471651
>or cards from the deck
This may just be my MtG/YGO days speaking but that sounds very abusable.
>>
>>43471726
Knowing how plaid hat does Summoner Wars, not for another few months. It will be two new decks, no dice, sold separately with the appropriate conjurations and full playsets of cards.
>>
>>43471791
Given the deck is only 30 cards, recursion is very limited (or quite painful), and you start dying when you are unable to draw carsa upon 'upkeep", no..its useful but abuseable it ain't. It also takes up actions you'd rather spend on something else, given you can only perform two actions per turn. That back and forth spending of actions between players is where half the fun of the game comes from, so sacrificing an action for.mana fixing helps smooth out bad dice rolls at the cost of tempo.

So far I've seen the core mechanics of Ashes as quite elegant in terms of mitigating chance, developing tempo, and forcing an endgame.
>>
>>43471276
It can come or go all it pleases, it's a great game and a hell of a lot more interesting from where I'm sitting than "do damage / block damage / summon critter / cast spell".
>>
>>43471994
I would add: go for alternate win conditions
But that's just me having played the game.

And netrunner is certainly here to stay.
>>
>>43471884
It's elegant in every way, I want to sleeve it with high quality clear sleeves, the designs are great
>>
TI3 hasn't hit the table yet, and I bought it in spring... I need to stop slacking off and get some rohypnol and restraining chairs to force my friends to play with me.

Chinatown, Viticulture, Mission: Red Planet, Keyflower, Twilight Struggle, Caverna, Zooloretto, Jaipur, Targi, Splendor, Bora Bora are some that come to mind.

>how do you determine what games to buy?
Ask people around, read reviews. I'll take a fun game over a pretty game most of the time, so art and components are a nice bonus, but not the main reason I'll buy stuff.

Tried to teach Carcassonne, Five Tribes, Le Havre and Castles of Burgundy to some friends. I'm not super competitive and play somewhat sloppily when teaching. Still, I don't deal well with people who bitch and moan when they lose at a game they don't know, especially when they're not trying to grasp the mechanics and plot a basic strategy. "Learning curve hard, anon!" "Anon, you cheater!" "Of course, it's YOUR game, anon, you just like beating noobs up to feel superior!" "Yeah, OF COURSE there's a new rule you didn't tell us about, anon!"
Gah, makes me wanna stop altogether.

>favorite games?
Blood Bowl and Necromunda will always be dear to me, even if I haven't played them in years.

Showed Five tribes to my 66 year old dad. He complained all game long that he understood nothing, rules were too complicated and made no sense, claimed he didn't know what the hell he was doing and was cranky and obnoxious all game long. He trounced us. Runner up had less than half his points.

The Witcher adventure game. Total impulse buy. I don't even know the novels or vidya.
>>
What's the minimum of time to play a game of TI3?
>>
>>43474082
>Showed Five tribes to my 66 year old dad. He complained all game long that he understood nothing, rules were too complicated and made no sense, claimed he didn't know what the hell he was doing and was cranky and obnoxious all game long. He trounced us. Runner up had less than half his points.
Sounds like a cool guy d e s u s e m p a i.
>>
>>43474138
Two hours ime, but that's three people playing on a small star-by-star map.
>>
>>43474138
5-6 hours, I believe, for a 4 player game, assuming there's no AP, everyone knows what they're doing and someone took care of setup previously. It's been known to stretch to over 12 hours for 6 people and god knows how long for 8.
>>
>>43474313
Pretty accurate, my four player games clock reliably at 4-5h.
>>
File: WwNL7SN.jpg (10 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
WwNL7SN.jpg
10 KB, 300x225
>>43469268
>Out of interest, I've read so many times that Catan is considered over rated, what is this assumption based on?

It's more the fact that there are a lot of (in many cases better) alternatives, and yet all the new / casual players have ever heard of is 'Catan' if it isn't Monopoly or Risk. Again, I wouldn't say it's 'over-rated', more like its 'over-saturated' the casual market to the point it crowds out other things.
>>
>>43470189
>and the tension was captured perfectly
I'm curious, what elements were in the game that allowed it to have tension? The cards?
>>
You think there will be a second edition of the star wars lcg? I don't want to get into it then to find out there's a second edition like AGoT.
>>
>>43475555
It is over-rated, it's supposed to be this great classic game and then you play it.........
>>
>>43476011
imagine if all you ever played before it was monopoly, risk and pictionary. It would seem pretty cool to most people and that's where it's rep comes from.
>>
>>43475779
Yeah, many of the cards you have to play are actually bad for you, so gaining ground in one region often means blowing your position somewhere else. This is also true for your opponent, so each round is a fricken roller coaster ride

Also scoring cards and how scoring works in general is tense. You never know when a scoring card is going to come up, so you have to balance your board position (until it finally gets played, then you drop that smoldering mess of a continent until the next shuffle). You always feel like you're on the brink of either a major loss or a massive boon
>>
>>43452658
They said "no questions asked".
>>
>>43476415
I see, that's an interesting way of maintaining tension. Thanks for the insight.
>>
>>43476415
>>43475779
>>43478296
Except for Quagmire and Bear Trap, you send those out to space and hope the opponent doesn't get it when the deck reshuffles.
>>
>>43478401
Those cards I usually try to hold on to until round 7, especially if I'm the US. A headlined Quagmire is always awful
>>
>>43479870
I mean, if you have your own.
>>
>>43479873
Ah, sorry, I was unclear; i meant if you had Quagmire as the US, or Bear Trap as the USSR, you'd really like to space it on turn 7, since then it won't be reshuffled into the deck until turn 10.
>>
>>43479896
Oh, yeah. Okay.
>>
>>43423614
Now the holidays are here, do we have gift threads like /co/ used to? Just asking is all.
>>
>>43475555
>>43476358
So players over-hype babby's first gateway game? This I can understand. Had it happen with an old board game group of mine. We had played with Cities & Knights but that opens a whole new can of worms.

Now the missus desperately wants to get a copy of Catan after the old groupd fell apart. Well, I can't blame her, I've spent more money on worse games myself (I'm looking at you Betrayal-at-import-prices) and I get to bring my strange new board games to the table so I'm not complaining.
>>
File: sorry.jpg (68 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
sorry.jpg
68 KB, 500x320
>>43476011
There's the rub though, for people who have spent decades playing a steady diet of Parker Bros or Hasbro games like Monopoly, Risk, Sorry, Clue, Life, etc, then Catan *IS* a huge step up. But if you've played anything from the last 10 years or so, then Catan is 'Meh' at best. Games like Stone Age, Five Tribes, Castles of Burgundy, Puerto Rico, Tash Kalar, etc, all leave Catan behind.
>>
>>43479956
I haven't seen one done here.
Granted boardgames are a fair bit pricier than comics.
>>
>>43479956
>shipping to non standard companies

No, that can cost more than a game
>>
What dimensions for a gaming table should I look for? Currently my biggest game is Dominant Species but I'm probably going to buy other games and some of them might be bigger, still. Also having place for snacks and beverages would be nice.
>>
>>43481565
I feel like 4' wide is a good place to start, standard dining table size so you don't feel like you're on top of the person across from you, but not so wide that it's a pain to move pieces in the center of the table. Length depends how many people you want to sit at it. 6' is a size I'd be happy with a group of 4-5 people at, but any more and it's too packed. It's also going to depend on the space you want to put said table into.
>>
>>43481565
For some games (I'm looking at you FFG) too big isn't really too big especially if you want same storage space and beers and pretzels on the table.

Since most players have to make do without a dedicated gaming room a foldable table is the thing to go.
>>
File: neeeerds.jpg (1 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
neeeerds.jpg
1 MB, 2656x1494
>>43481565
Mine's 4'x8', and it's more than big enough. Unless you're running Twilight Imperium and the like, I think you can afford to lose 6-12" of width off that, but no more. Also 6' of length is usually enough, but 8' makes it easy to run two small/medium games at the same time.
>>
>>43481861
>>43481904
>>43481972

Yeah I'm considering a folding table but wanted to know what dimensions should I go for. Thank you guys very much for chipping in.

(and now to convert those barbaric units into something sensible...)
>>
>>43482019
0.67 fathoms by 1 to 1.33
>>
How would you guys go about maintaining the intrigue and diplomacy that's usually present in a 4x game, even after a common enemy (common enemy wins, all players lose) is introduced part way through the game? Most scenarios I've thought up it's far more likely that players would stop fighting and fight it instead.

The only situation where that might not be the case is when the common enemy is less a direct opponent, instead being more of an additional variable to use against other players. Something like in Survive! Escape from Atlantis where players can put down stuff to impede the others while still trying to escape to safety.
>>
>>43482019
10.6 x 18 Decimeters

>>43482041
I find as long as the race is relatively close up to the end, no outside element is particularly necessary to keep the wheeling and dealing going, though it certainly gets more cutthroat as time runs short / the VP race draws to a close.
>>
>>43481565
If it's not 8'x8' it's not worth getting
>>
>>43481861
I run D&D off of 4x4, fits 6 people easy (5 + me)

I don't use minis often though.

You can do everything except heavy euros off 4x4
>>
File: then we shall play in the shade.png (748 KB, 640x791) Image search: [Google]
then we shall play in the shade.png
748 KB, 640x791
>>43482092
Heavy ameritrash eats more space than heavy euros.

>>43482083
Pic related, literally retarded.
>>
>>43482107
I'm thinking like Tzolkin, Caverna, anything with a side dish for you to push pieces around in.

It's also ameriTHRASH because it's cool to thrash things, don't TRIGGER me desu
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.