[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's better? Friendly giants or barbaric giants? Monstrous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 119
What's better?

Friendly giants or barbaric giants?

Monstrous or human-like?

8 ft tall? 15 ft tall? 50 ft tall? 500ft tall?
>>
File: oh jeeze.jpg (19 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
oh jeeze.jpg
19 KB, 320x480
>>43411515
>pic
Mmmm
>>
Passive-friendly 50-foot tall monstrous humanoids.
>>
I like the friendly Giants to be 8 feet, the mean ones 15 feet, and a handful of good ones at 30 feet.
>>
>>43411645
With titties like dat, yuh?
>>
>>43411515

Why are her tits that big.

Those are too big, proportionally, especially with how perky they seem to be.
>>
>>43411515
Snu-snu.

The answer is always Snu-snu
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 450x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 450x640
>>43411684
Nope. Like pic except a bigger nose.
>>
>>43411704
Maybe giants just have bigger tits, they're an entirely different race after all, you can't judge them by human standards.
>>
>>43411704
Don't bring science into it. Giants inherently makes no sense.
>>
>>43411515
I prefer them to get less human-like the taller they get.
Below 10 meters they can be completely human for all I care.
Everything above that should start showing features normally associated with beasts, demons, robots or whatever type of giant creature you wanna have.
Once they get large enough to built structures like castles or towns on, it makes no sense to keep them humanoid anymore. Just go like pic related and take a giant turtle or maybe a whale or something to built on.
>>
>>43411728
But I will judge my GM about his ten ton titties fetish.
>>
>>43411704
Shut up and get out of our Magic Realm.

>>43411717

Dis nigga gets it
>>
>>43411725

Awww yeah.

I think that WotC brought that artist in for lorwyn block, and I really liked the style.
>>
>>43411704
>>43411728
Breast bones
>>
>>43411725
If that's a giant those are some big birds.
>>
>>43411791
Yeah, you could say he has a pair of big tits
>>
File: 1393351946803s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1393351946803s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>43411813
>>
>>43411813
Top chirp.
>>
>>43411515
I prefer my giants to be around 10-15 feet high. Anything larger and they just clash with my inherent sense of scale. Like, it just stops making any sort of sense, even in a fantasy world.
>>
File: Birdometer.png (717 KB, 523x643) Image search: [Google]
Birdometer.png
717 KB, 523x643
>>43411791
He is nine birds tall. Assuming each bird is 6.5 inches tall, that 'giant' is in fact a manlet, not even five foot.
>>
Long-lived neutral that generally follow a code and keep to themselves, not simple-minded but simple-motivated, between 20-50 feet tall.

A dire bear is attacking the village. In desperation you can go out to the hills with barrels of booze to offer and ask the giant there for help. He/she might act depending on their mood and if you can present a reason good enough. Or the might just crush you for getting too close to their flock.
>>
>>43411903
Or it's the size of a hawk and that wingspan is 1.5-2 feet.
>>
>>43411967
With the proportions of a sparrow? Sure. Lets go with that.
>>
>>43411992
Or just say that anon liked the style and sizes it up for the Giants in his setting.
>>
File: 1379622408863.jpg (946 KB, 2918x2277) Image search: [Google]
1379622408863.jpg
946 KB, 2918x2277
I like 'em female
>>
>>43411515
>Friendly giants or barbaric giants?
Friendly barbarians giants are best, though a mix of both in your games is also fun

>Monstrous or human-like?
Humanlike, maybe with a bit of monster traits

>8 ft tall? 15 ft tall? 50 ft tall? 500ft tall?
50 feet tall range is best for fantasy giants, I like them in the 15 foot tall range also but that's not fantastic enough, the other two are just tall people and too big to have any real use respectively
>>
>>43412019
Okay what plant has leaves those big?
>>
>>43412042
Giant ones.
>>
>>43412052
Oh snap
>>
>>43412052
How do you like your ancient trees? 200ft, 500 ft, 5,000ft, or 12,000ft tall?
>>
>>43412042
Not a whole lot. That's why she isn't wearing a lot of them.
>>
>>43411515
15 feet tall and fairly human like. How they act is a mixed bag depending on how they were raised and their own initial reactions to who they've interacted with but all live fairly isolated lives maybe with a spouse and a kid or maybe even two.

Have a constant rivalry with dwarves over who make the better arms and armor. They're both as good as they can get but Dwarves marketed themselves better, cover everything in gold and jewels and charge out of the wazoo, and got rich for it meanwhile Giants are practical and give discounts to everyone they like if they charge at all and some giants are really friendly so you have some towns where every Tom Dick and Harry has a flawlessly made Greatsword over their fireplace.
>>
File: giant.jpg (54 KB, 580x360) Image search: [Google]
giant.jpg
54 KB, 580x360
17ft tall for the men and about 15ft tall for the women and old as hills.

They wander around and tell stories of far off land and far off times. They measure time in ice ages easier than years. They have seen a lot of ice ages. They like to sing rumbly old songs in now long dead and forgotten languages about Empires now dust.

They slow down in spring. Their skin becomes craggier and gnarly and their hair turns to leaves. They shed their big winter coats and bury their feet in good earth by some lonely river and spend months looking treeish and just enjoying the sun and the wind.

Autumn comes and they shed their leaves, they put on their big coats again and they wander on.

Where do they come from? Who the fuck knows. They predate written history. They have always been everywhere.

What do they want? Apparently nothing. They just wander around singing songs. They will tell you old stories if you are willing to listen.
>>
File: New York.gif (1 MB, 200x156) Image search: [Google]
New York.gif
1 MB, 200x156
>>43411743
>Once they get large enough to built structures like castles or towns on, it makes no sense to keep them humanoid anymore
See: >>43392037

I've always wanted to have a setting where giants are used as mechs or carriers for tons of smaller allies.

>>43412037
>Friendly barbarians
Heck yeah. I want a giant friend who's completely clueless about society. Could spend hours staring down at bustling towns in amusement like a kid watching an ant farm. And getting really scared when friends are gone while smashing everything to try and find them. And snu snu.
>>
>>43411515
>thinly veiled fetish thread
How original.
>>
>>43411743
...Where is that water coming from?
>>
>>43412748
I think the idea is it was submerged with the city, then it rose up out of the ocean and the seawater is pouring out of the buildings etc.
>>
>>43412748
its dick
>>
File: 1439070906719.jpg (1 MB, 1168x1800) Image search: [Google]
1439070906719.jpg
1 MB, 1168x1800
>>43411743
I always wonder how you'd actually get to building a city on a giant animal. Do they breed them specially or just pick a wild animal and start building?
>>
>>43413278
I have the best mental image of a king and his masons just riding around scoping out Colossi.

>"How about that one sire?"

"No no, the queen hates turtles."

>"Well that's a tortoise sire."

"That is the same thing."

>"Actually no sire, that is a common misconception, you see turtles can swim, and tortoises-"

*king stares at him*

>"Right shutting up."
>>
>>43413278
I've been wondering as well
Maybe they worship the animal as a deity and it decided that's cool and they should come aboard
Or maybe its sleeping cycle is long enough to build towns and it's maybe not even aware of the humans living on the shell
One last reason might be a symbiotic relationship, the turtle moves the humans reliable across the land while the humans fight off any potential dangers that are too small for the turtle to notice
>>
>>43413436
Have you by any chance read the Stormlight Archive series? There's something similar in it.
>>
>>43412019
What series is this from? I see images from it all the time but can't track it down for the life of me.
>>
>>43413456
Haven't so far, might at some point though
Is it any good?
>>
>So many anons want 15 ft giants
Why does /tg/ have such bad tastes?
Why do you not like fantastic things in your fantasies?
>>
>>43411515
sexy.
>>
>>43413537
It kinda throws the whole ecosysten out of whack. Think about food and housing for them. A one off magical being is fine, but not a whole intelligent race of them. Make them too big, too common, and you end up with MouseGuard instead.
>>
>>43411515
Friendly enough to not murder everyone they encounter, barbaric enough to not take no for an answer when they pick someone for snu snu

A tad bit shorter than your pic, where a human would be the equivalent of 6 or so inches to her
>>
>>43413612
Then don't make them common?
Same reasons colossal dragons don't fuck shit over, there's not that many of them, there are enough larger monsters/animals to keep them feed (giants actually have the advantage here, giant crops could be a thing in a fantasy world just like house sized dire pigs), and spread thinly enough that you'll only get a handful in each country unless you start heading into the area inhabited by epic level commoners
>>
>>43413612
Not I'd everything is giant where they come from
>>
>>43413612
Don't most giants live in places where there really isn't much civilization?
Like ice giants in the middle of the tundra, fire giants live in volcanos, cloud giants in the clouds
Maybe they are that big they just don't like living where normal sized people do
>>
>>43413689
>>43413743
At such a point with so many giant crops and people, all the humans would probably be indentured to the giants. You'd wind up with all places being An or Londo.

Not that I mind, it would be cool to play in such a big setting and I'd like some tips on doing so.
>>
>>43411515
Barbaric giants between 25 and 75 feet tall.
>>
>>43413762
I was doing some internet implications and thinking the guy I responded too wanted lots of big giants.

Bit I did mention that magical one offs would be fine, but if they can grow magical crops in those places, they'd probably start attracting some civilization.
>>
>>43413779
Could be that humans in Giantland are indentured servants that serve as ambassadors to other nations since not many people can make accommodationa for 30 foot motherfuckers. Getting Giants on your side would be vital to any war effort since they can feed whole armies with just a handful of grain.

Or maybe Giantland is just a barren hellhole filled with giant animals so giants never really progressed beyond a hunter gatherer lifestyle like in Skyrim
>>
>>43413779
No?
My point is that even with giant crops and animals these things are still portrayed as mostly very rare
If you need an explicit reason for it, it could be as simple as giant inhabited lands are half in fairyworld/giantland and outside of these locations they don't do too well in the material plane, or something like these animals/plants are hyper specialized to only grow in the tundra, really high altitudes, ect
Or just the old standby, it's magic, they're half sustained by magic, grew that big because magic and because magic they don't breed nearly as fast as you'd think otherwise because there isn't enough magic to go around to keep many big things in the ecosystem
>>
>>43413887
>or something like these animals/plants are hyper specialized to only grow in the tundra, really high altitudes, ect
>Or just the old standby, it's magic, they're half sustained by magic, grew that big because magic and because magic they don't breed nearly as fast as you'd think otherwise because there isn't enough magic to go around to keep many big things in the ecosystem
I actually really like mixing these ideas, giants live in remote, hard to survive in areas that are full of magic and farm strange and exotic (and fuckhuge) plants and animals because these are the only things big enough to support their "towns", these plants/animals are hyper specialized and can only live in these places, these places are magically potent enough to support said plants/animal's growth, and while giants can live outside these places, they either need a massive support network or subsistence farming/hunting just to find enough food to keep from starving (hence why hill giants are always half starved, savage, raiders)

Giants rarely trade with humanoid nations, due to their remoteness if nothing else, but for nations that can afford it a relationship with giants is VERY profitable, the (comparatively) massive amount of food the giants produce, the magical nature of most of their products, and the military applications of giants are a massive boon to any that could maintain a good relationship with them
>>
>>43414154
So kinda like savage regions in Dwarf Fortress?
>>
>>43413392
Nah, I'm imagining something like...

>"Sire! You have received a gift of a giant tortoise from the Jade Emperor!"

"Bah! It's hardly the size of my hounds!"

>"The attached letter says it is still very young, but that they continue to grow"

"Hmm. Well, we'll put my throne on top, I've always wanted a hoverround"

And then things escalate from there.
>>
File: Sunrise_Sovereign_640.jpg (72 KB, 640x452) Image search: [Google]
Sunrise_Sovereign_640.jpg
72 KB, 640x452
>>
>>43411515
Fun setting
- 10ft tall, humanoid, friendly

Cool setting
- 20ft tall, monstrous, barbaric

fetish setting
14ft tall, humanoid, barbaric pagans of the god of fertility and orgies
it's dangerous waters, but tits are rocking
>>
Any good tips for running/describing a setting with giants?
>>
How do you like your crab monsters? 40km tall, 400km tall, or bumping heads with the moon?
>>
>>43414784
>>43414874
My niggas.
>>
>>43415767
>and don't strain suspension of disbelief too far regarding their food.
Your fantasy a shit if you can't work around this
>>
>>43415828
My groups love math and nitpicking, and I'm in no hurry to stop them.
It forces me to be careful, and I end up making better settings. Plus, math is fun.
>>
>>43412173

The tallest in my setting is about 35,000 ft tall.
>>
>>43413521
It's interesting, at least. World is based on a tide pool, with massive hurricanes every two weeks being the tides in the analogy. Most land life is crustacean; even the plants have rocky shells. Some of the crustaceans are big enough they have villages on the back of them.

Characters are quite interesting, although one does flip-flop a bit through the first book and spins the wheels a bit during the second. There's clearly a lot going on in the world and the action scenes are well done, if a bit video-gamey. The plot drags a bit but is livened up by each book being entirely devoted to a particular character's backstory via flashbacks (which works better than you would think).

Villains have been somewhat weak, but it's looking like the series might be more focused on good vs good character conflcit, with the evil apocalypse dudes being a larger scale threat.

It's only 2 books out of 10 planned, though, so it could go anywhere.
>>
>>43413503
The art looks like golddigger.
>>
>>43417100

Golddigger #147 apparently. Here's a link, but I don't know if it works.

https://mega.co.nz/#!9EpzCIoB!WsI8qT5sBMD1S8-HTacz2aIpJZRgfn1jhL4vlPXF6pg
>>
>>43417291
>In the news: Anon is god among men.
>>
>>43417291
Links busted, but appreciate the sauce nevertheless.
>>
>>43413887
>mostly very rare
Who said I wanted them rare?
>>
>>43417850
>>43417904

Oh well, I got the link off of an eight month old archived giantess from /d/.

Does anyone else have similar problems with Mega changing the links to files over time? I have a pastebin with links to most of the images I've saved on my computer but only half of them work anymore.
>>
>>43417937
I was assuming standard D&D lore, no problem with them common
Though I'll admit, if it was up to me only giantesses would be common
>>
>>43411515
Those are stupid tits.
>>
>>43411903
Look at this faggot. He can't even recognize a dire sparrow when he sees it.
>>
Has anyone run a game with lots of Giants here that could offer any advice on how to run for a mixed size party?
>>
File: cy.png (155 KB, 935x1200) Image search: [Google]
cy.png
155 KB, 935x1200
>>43414784
>>43414874
>>
>>43421564

http://fukurononezumi.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-131.html#more

If anyone wants to see the rest of the set.
>>
>>43416745
>10 books
Why do people do this?
>>
>>43421716
Thanks, no idea it was part of a set
>>
>>43411515
I prefer mine relatively humanish in proportions, and not particularly tall compared to most giants in fiction. Five hundred foot monstrosities are fun and all, but I prefer them to at least be at a reasonable height so that they can actually interact with humans, so the 10-12ft mark is usually my preference, with a few examples of giants reaching heights of fifteen feet. Half-giants, which are not *strictly* impossible, are usually around eight feet in height. Also typically barbaric, although not completely unable to be reasoned with. I'm not adverse to larger varieties of giant, but I rarely use them myself.
>>
>>43417904
>Links busted

the publisher provides free pdfs of the first 200-ish issues on their site, if that's any help

http://antarcticpresslibrary.com/?cat=1
>>
Both, tbqh.

In my setting running into a giant is a big 50/50 thing. Some are passive, friendly even, usually striking deals with villages where they exchange food and such for mutual protection. Villagers trade a couple of cattle or something and in exchange, the giant protects them from outside threats. These giants primarily resemble humans, either tall and lanky or big and burly.

Others, particularly stone giants, are monstrous and deformed, mostly because they're inbred to hell and back. Essentially giant trolls. They're violent and single-minded, usually driven by hunger or lust. On rare occasions one might descend from the mountains to attack nearby villages, destroying and eating anything they can. If one get's especially bold, he might rally up a few of his pals to raid another giant settlement to take food, booze, and women.

There's also the colossi, but no one has seen them for thousands of years because their undead forms now shamble beneath the seas, rising only to take vengeance on the small folk for cursing them. Woe betide all if they are to ever crawl their wretched corpses unto the shores.
>>
>>43411515
50 feet tall and sexy, also barbaric
>>
>>43412019
>Fred Perry

He truly is the hero we deserve and need right now.
>>
>>43413436
>One last reason might be a symbiotic relationship, the turtle moves the humans reliable across the land while the humans fight off any potential dangers that are too small for the turtle to notice
Replace the turtle with planet-sized female and you have my ideal giantess setting. She provides ecosystem and humans kill the draconic parasites that bother their titan.
>>
>>43422383
Oh man that's awesome. I haven't read Gold Digger in yeaaaaaaaaaaars.
>>
Big enough to be considered a real giant.

Small enough to still feel the dick of a human. Seriously, you think that you can please a, like.. 20 foot giant girl? Forget it.

Also tiddyful as well with muscles.
>>
>>43427723
But 20 feet is just barely enough to be considered a real giant.
And if you just plan on using your dick to pleasure a giantess, you're doing it wrong
>>
>>43427978
Not a fan of living insertions, anon.
>>
>>43428095
Repurposed battering ram
>>
File: Tinker_Bell_(Disney_Fairies).jpg (37 KB, 524x900) Image search: [Google]
Tinker_Bell_(Disney_Fairies).jpg
37 KB, 524x900
>>43411515
is that a giant barbarian tinkerbell?
>>
>>43428595
I'd prefer to be able to satisfy a woman completely with myself.
>>
>>43428667
You've already thrown out spelunking, why are you going after a giantess then?
Just find an orc amazon or something
>>
>>43428852
Not big enough.

Being me is suffering.
>>
Giants are the second most ancient race after gods, they have the second strongest magic and more likely to help or hinder humans than gods.

Also, they can change their size based on perception magic.

Some can be 12 inches tall only to grow to 12 foot when you approach or walk away from them.
>>
File: 1426800804762.jpg (266 KB, 599x1000) Image search: [Google]
1426800804762.jpg
266 KB, 599x1000
>>43411515
Monstrous but cute.
>>
>>43430282
now I am sad thanks for making me miss her.
>>
>>43412656
Stealing this. Dunno when it'll be used, but yoink.
>>
>>43416745
Ten books? Jesus christ. I thought it was going to be just three, like the Mistborn trilogy.

My favorite part of the series is the fact that the world/lore/history is so complex, yet the author only reveal little bits at a time. He saves big reveals for the end of each book, and each question answered creates two more.

I try not to think about it, otherwise I get angry because my curiosity eats me alive.
>>
The former rulers of the world, ancestors to Men. Their ruins are scattered around the land, though few still walk the earth.
>>
>>43430337
What is that?
>>
File: tumblr_nj3t0nGcRx1s307p6o1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj3t0nGcRx1s307p6o1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>43411515
Why not both?
>>
File: 1405402806187.jpg (377 KB, 1044x1200) Image search: [Google]
1405402806187.jpg
377 KB, 1044x1200
>>43414784
>I like thick, friendly and a little monstrous looking
>>43414874
>I like my giants 12+ with large proportions. Jovial and boisterous.
>>43415452
>scientists claim that the monsters are just curious, and pose no immediate threat to humanity
>>43415434
God damn it Kittenmod!
Quit purging things just because you hate lewd fun!
>>
>>43432523
>TFW no giantess traveling companion that goes around practically bottomless
I know it's not a skirt but I can dream
>>
>>43411515
>neutral or mix of both
>human-like
>10-15 feet tall
>>
>>43432400
i think its from that knights of sidonia anime

i just watched the first episodes so i got no idea about that character, i just know its a giant human/alien/clone mix or something like that
>>
>>43411515
Snu snu giants
>>
>>43433613
>giantess wearing a skirt just barely short enough to preserve her modesty
>Or would if she was normal sized
Hot
>>
File: 1408972050293.jpg (191 KB, 800x1126) Image search: [Google]
1408972050293.jpg
191 KB, 800x1126
>>43433923
More or less.
Also with tentacles.
>>
File: 1439498356905.jpg (406 KB, 442x600) Image search: [Google]
1439498356905.jpg
406 KB, 442x600
>>43440373
Tsumugi is probably ultimate waifu material if her "humanoid" tentacle didn't look like a penis, otherwise she's adorable to the core.
>>
>>43440373
>Female on male tentacle rape

>>43440425
>Not wanting to snuggle up against your waifu's throbbing dick tentacle
>>
File: fairy.jpg (66 KB, 636x900) Image search: [Google]
fairy.jpg
66 KB, 636x900
>>43428652
>revenge of the fairies
>Not so fond of glass bottles now are you assholes?
>>
the bigger the giant the more wise and peaceful they are
berserkers are just miniature giants
>>
>>43411515
Practically speaking, after about 20' or so it becomes increasingly difficult for a giant to interact with a human-sized creature in any normal capacity. For reference, the woman in this image >>43432523 is supposed to be about 30' tall.

People don't seem to realize how much scope they're talking about when they say "I want to play a 50-foot woman in a D&D campaign!" They seldom realize that they're walking into a campaign where they can't really do much of anything but fight, and with the vast differences in size, they can't even fight well other than just smashing everything in a radius indiscriminately.

If you DO find yourself playing a humanoid of the taller persuasion, however, you almost always have to make them a sort of racial loner. You can make the giants just reclusive (for resource purposes), with your character being an envoy or a stray that decided to strike up that "Adventuring" thing you heard some passing merchants talking about. Otherwise you being out and about would logically mean that OTHER giants are out and about.

The fucking R&D I've fucking done for this fetish, I swear.
>>
>>43441173
If it's a sci-fi setting, you could make a giant into the party hacker/engineer, since those jobs don't rely so much on physical presence.
>>
File: Half-Orc-Bro.jpg (42 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Half-Orc-Bro.jpg
42 KB, 450x450
>>43411704
Her tits are way too small, should be 3 or 4 more cup sizes.
>>
File: fap bait.png (13 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
fap bait.png
13 KB, 500x430
>>43411515
>>
>>43441332
Engineer yes, but Hacker is harder since unless it's a Shadowrun-esque thing where you can hack with your mind/mystical powers, you still have to figure out the logistics of hardware sized for you.
>>
File: 1438235192080.png (1 MB, 1042x1200) Image search: [Google]
1438235192080.png
1 MB, 1042x1200
>>43440987
>berserkers are just miniature giants
>Barbarian Waifu will eventually be giant
Yes... YES!!!
>>
>>43441678
Holyfuck that picture is hideous
>>
>>43443118
It's the angling, mostly, although the stocky legs combined with the ridiculous tits and tiny head probably turn off any number of people.
>>
File: 1412356010979.png (3 MB, 1186x1042) Image search: [Google]
1412356010979.png
3 MB, 1186x1042
>>43443129
Not to mention the general chibi nature of the character designs...
>>
>>43411515
Honestly, the little billy goats are the best thing in the picture.
>>
8ft female human and loving and loyal like dogs
>>
This board would be a much nicer place if subhumans like ND just died of natural causes.
>>
>>43443344
That barely even qualifies as "Giant". Doesn't even break out of Medium by D&D standards.

Certainly tall enough to make an impression, though.
>>
>>43443608
Eh, I think that's enough to be large but definitely not a giant
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (339 KB, 800x1021) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
339 KB, 800x1021
I had no opinion until I read the Thomas Covenant books.

Now I'm kind of in love with his Giants. (Who are some of the best parts of the books.)
>>
>>43413521
If you enjoy piles and piles of nerdy worldbuilding with boring characters and cringey videogame actions scenes like literally everything else he ever wrote, you're golden.

Sanderson is the kind of person you want writing the sourcebooks but absolutely not DMing.
>>
File: pffft_400x400.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
pffft_400x400.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
GIANTS IS BULLSHITS

Because surface area increases linearly while volume increases exponentially.
>>
>>43446056
Thank you, Skwizzgar. I don't think there's a single person on /tg/, let alone this thread, that doesn't know what the Square/Cube law is.
>>
File: bestwaifu.jpg (169 KB, 728x1040) Image search: [Google]
bestwaifu.jpg
169 KB, 728x1040
>>43440373
>Loved Blame!
>Hadn't heard about knights of sidonia
>About half way done binge reading it now

10/10 best waifu, would hug throbbing tentacle.
>>
File: tentacles.png (2 MB, 2090x3000) Image search: [Google]
tentacles.png
2 MB, 2090x3000
>>43440425
If your penis looks like that then you should probably see a doctor.
>>
>>43447032
Best Daughter.

Would buy pretty dresses for.
>>
File: 1425203009964.png (1 MB, 896x1024) Image search: [Google]
1425203009964.png
1 MB, 896x1024
>>43447487
It has a bulbous head at the end of tubular body, freaking phallus fans therefore claim it's automatically a dick...
>>
File: Itassis.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Itassis.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>43433030
If Power Rangers has taught me one thing, it's that sometimes, seducing the kaiju is the best option.
Not often, but sometimes.
>>
File: 1439500887818.jpg (374 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
1439500887818.jpg
374 KB, 849x1200
>>43447625
>If Power Rangers has taught me one thing, it's that sometimes, seducing the kaiju is the best option.
>Not often, but sometimes.
INDEED!
>>
File: 3280106463_9436d8b343.jpg (129 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
3280106463_9436d8b343.jpg
129 KB, 500x344
While I admit to being a fan of monster girls aesthetically, there really do need to be more non-humanoid intelligent/playable races in gaming. It feels like we're still at the stage where it's daring to throw a tail on a human, or just cover them in scales and call it a day. Why can't we be at the stage where shit like >>43440373 is the standard level of divergence between humans and the other races?
>>
File: 1412371543654.png (389 KB, 484x680) Image search: [Google]
1412371543654.png
389 KB, 484x680
>>43448618
I feel ya Anon, I feel ya...
The biggest hurtle is balancing non-humanoid forms; If something has seven weapon-wielding capable appendages, it's easy enough to say it can make seven single-hand or even three double-handed attacks each turn.
>>
>>43448618
The core problem with gaming is, as always, plebeians. The most common race to play in D&D, for example, are humans. Why? Plebeians. You show a plebeian an actual monstrous race as a playable character, and the plebeian will become frighted, afraid of this new stimulus so dissimilar to his own expectations.

This is the reality of test audiences and their reactions to any attempts by developers to expand beyond humans with pointy ears, humans with horns, or god forbid, humans with snouts.

>>43448823
You can also argue that it takes several limbs to wield the weapon in question with any dexterity. You cal also easily handwave a lot of stuff with claims that "the lower arms aren't flexible enough to wield a sword in combat" or what have you.
>>
>>43448823
The main hurdle is definitely making sure that a number of races aren't just straight up better than humans, yeah. The trick there is that not every race needs weapon-wielding capable appendages, or needs to use the exact same weapons as humans. Racial weapons that other races just can't effectively utilize aren't a bad idea. Natural attacks weren't a mistake, either. They were just poorly balanced in practice.
>>
>>43448823
>>43449014
Part of the issue is that a lot of systems just aren't set up for monstrous stuff. GURPS is good for monsters because you can easily trade out point equivalent things for other things that are theoretically equal. In D&D, your fire breathing ability has to be balanced by the fact that, barring a level adjustment or monster class, you're not giving anything up for it.
>>
File: 1429072907380.png (1 MB, 2000x2500) Image search: [Google]
1429072907380.png
1 MB, 2000x2500
>>43448894
>You can also argue that it takes several limbs to wield the weapon in question with any dexterity. You cal also easily handwave a lot of stuff with claims that "the lower arms aren't flexible enough to wield a sword in combat" or what have you.
That only works if each appendage is INFERIOR to a human hand...
What if the creature in question has SEVERAL SETS of thoses?

>>43449014
>The main hurdle is definitely making sure that a number of races aren't just straight up better than humans, yeah. The trick there is that not every race needs weapon-wielding capable appendages, or needs to use the exact same weapons as humans. Racial weapons that other races just can't effectively utilize aren't a bad idea. Natural attacks weren't a mistake, either. They were just poorly balanced in practice.
Well it's not just Action Economy, natural and supernatural abilities can also throw balance out of wack, like being able to fly.
>>
>>43449192
>That only works if each appendage is INFERIOR to a human hand

That's the natural restriction of game balance. If the creature has more hands to wield swords, and there isn't an obvious way to balance that, you just don't make it. In the case of your pic, you'd have to say that the arms look strong, but are in fact weaker. Don't get me wrong, it's much better if you can find a way to balance it.

>like being able to fly.
Good way to make this less problematic is to do things like limit what the character can do in the air. If your goal in giving them the ability to fly is to give them a cool way of moving, just make it good for only that.
>>
File: 1437440216714.jpg (22 KB, 500x486) Image search: [Google]
1437440216714.jpg
22 KB, 500x486
>>43449362
>Good way to make this less problematic is to do things like limit what the character can do in the air. If your goal in giving them the ability to fly is to give them a cool way of moving, just make it good for only that.
The problem isn't what they can do in the air, it's the natural utility that comes with flying.

A flying creature can move in three dimensions, which makes traditional two-dimensional barriers irrelevant in open spaces.
>>
>>43449192
I'm a fan of the "take what you want" monster class idea. You have the basic +0 LA race with no HD, and then you take a level, or two, or three, etc, as you desire to unlock more of your "racial abilities". You can explain it as the person in question depending more or less on their natural abilities, and prioritizing their training appropriately.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 265x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 265x306
>>43411515
Friendly.

Everyone does barbaric giants. Friendly ones are an extremely rarely-used thing, keeping them fresh.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 608x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 608x550
>>43424878
/pol/ can never be right about black people, for Fred Perry is the hero of man.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 400x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 400x348
>>43412019
>>
>>43449576
Which presents a new set of challenges for the DM, sure, but it's certainly not unmanageable, especially if it's only one member of the party with the ability. "You reach the lever, but find that it will require several people to pull it. However, your higher view of the area reveals several traps leading up to it you can now point out" And then you occasionally throw them a bone where they can just hit whatever switch or pull whatever lever because they can fly.

Becoming separated from the rest of the party is also its own balance.
>>
>>43449576
Flight just requires resources then. Unless it's some helium filled race with no locomition, flight will take effort.
>>
File: 1410089521258.png (354 KB, 400x592) Image search: [Google]
1410089521258.png
354 KB, 400x592
>>43449587
>I'm a fan of the "take what you want" monster class idea. You have the basic +0 LA race with no HD, and then you take a level, or two, or three, etc, as you desire to unlock more of your "racial abilities". You can explain it as the person in question depending more or less on their natural abilities, and prioritizing their training appropriately.
I like it that way too, since it helps justify the Experience Point system; An Elder Dragon is an Elder Dragon not JUST because he lived to be X millenia old, but because over those X millenia he's worked on and developed his natural Dragon Abilities, and probably invested a bit of time picking up "Class-based" ones as well.

>>43449749
>Which presents a new set of challenges for the DM, sure, but it's certainly not unmanageable, especially if it's only one member of the party with the ability.
True enough, but it has little inherent mechanical support and thus complicates things on the DMs side of the screen.

>>43449755
>Flight just requires resources then. Unless it's some helium filled race with no locomition, flight will take effort.
Yes, but in a system like D&D, such a thing falls under the umbrella of the Carrying, Movement, and Exploration rules, which usually delegate it to rations intake and restfulness level.
>>
>>43449707
>TFW no giant /fit/ catboy to perv over
>>
>>43450027
>I like it that way too, since it helps justify the Experience Point system; An Elder Dragon is an Elder Dragon not JUST because he lived to be X millenia old, but because over those X millenia he's worked on and developed his natural Dragon Abilities, and probably invested a bit of time picking up "Class-based" ones as well.
Problem with those is where to start, some things HAVE to be there at level one
>>
>>43421716
Oh that's hot. Anymore like it?
>>
Y'all should play Fantasy Craft. Out of the box, you can play as Giants, Drakes, and Tree people whose name escapes me.

On top of that, you can take a feat that let's you take your waifu/husbando as your battle buddy.

Plus, they have easy rules about making a race with the suggestions you've been making.
>>
>>43446056
>GIANTS IS BULLSHITS
>Because de surfaces area increaskses linearslies whilst ze volumes increaskses expontentialsly.
Fucking FTFY. Put some effort in.
>>
>>43454673
I have the pdf. But is there a physical copy? I have it on my amazon wishlist, so there apparently is a physical copy.

I ask because I go to the punlisher's online store, and it has pdf. I think.
>>
File: giant qt.jpg (209 KB, 778x1000) Image search: [Google]
giant qt.jpg
209 KB, 778x1000
Guys and girls. You wake up from camping and see this.

What do?
>>
>>43456535
Stealthy slip on ring of acid resistance,
Then enjoy my magical realm
>>
>>43456535
>felarya
Roll to seduce, failing that roll to not be tasty
>>
File: 1443928282049.png (135 KB, 800x630) Image search: [Google]
1443928282049.png
135 KB, 800x630
>>43456535
I've seen enough of that art to know where that's going...
Hopefully I can humanize myself enough to make her feel bad about making me a snack
>>
>>43456857
If his comics are anything to go by, they like to chat with their food
>>
>>43448618
rifts, yo
rifts
>>
>>43418931
He must be be an idiot, as you can clearly see the bird is 1/9th the height of the giant. Assuming the giant is 50 ft tall that "sparrow" is 5.5 feet tall.
>>
>>43456535
I've always wondered why her horns are glowing
>>
>>43456778
That's one of three things you need.
You also need to account for how you will breathe, and how you will survive the muscular action of digestion, which could also do significant damage to an unprotected body.
>>
>>43411515
I like giants who don't really care about small beings because they have very little ways to hurt them.
>>
>>43458721
Stealthily slip on other necessary magic items
>>
>>43458721
In Karbo world the monstegirl stomachs are big enough acid is the only danger
>>
big soft giantess butts
>>
>>43461472
Soft enough to sit on you without crushing you?
>>
>>43461472
>>43461972
The softest
Now post some pics
>>
>>43461972
exactly
>>
>>43462774
>>43463263
>A giantess will never not notice you before she sits down, leaving you trapped under her massive, yet very well cushioned booty
Also on my phone, no pics, sorry
>>
>>43462774
>>
>>43464469
More?
>>
File: giantess.jpg (244 KB, 764x900) Image search: [Google]
giantess.jpg
244 KB, 764x900
>>
anyone got that pic of a giantess wearing a castle?
>>
File: image.jpg (281 KB, 850x735) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281 KB, 850x735
>>43465364
I got this but not that
>>
>>43464469
>turns out the galaxy is full of giant aliens, but none of them can leave their own planet
>humans were the only species small enough to build manned spaceships
>>
>>43467299
Would have to hand wave things a bit but that actually sounds kinda neat
Especially if all the aliens are rubber forehead giantesses
>>
>>43464469
>>43467299
>>43467489
>Crashed tiny spaceman "wizard" (uses salvaged tech) and two barbarian giantesses
Sounds like a fun party, could make a decent campaign about exploring their world
>>
File: 1445502927121.jpg (503 KB, 1680x2256) Image search: [Google]
1445502927121.jpg
503 KB, 1680x2256
>>43465209
>>
This is one of the most thinly-veiled lewd threads I have ever seen and I am absolutely okay with that fact.
>>
>>43411515
Depends on the setting.
>Monstrous or human-like?
Depends on the setting.
Depends on the setting.
>>
>>43469230
I'm not, there's not enough pics or discussion of giantesses and I am on my phone so I can't post any pics
>>
>>43469265
Well then, in your ideal setting, what are the answers to these?
>>
>>43469230
I remember when you could post lewder than all of this combined around here.

Those were good times. I hope they return someday.
>>
all of this is making me want to go reread Frost Giantess Quest.
>>
>>43469564
Warm yourself by the fire son,
for the morning will come soon,
I'll tell you story of a lewder times,
of the board that we once knew.
>>
I was expecting more giantess pics, I am disappointed /tg/
>>
File: 1134548.jpg (98 KB, 621x800) Image search: [Google]
1134548.jpg
98 KB, 621x800
>>43472077
Don't got that much, but I am sorting my 4chanpics folder, will post as I find them
>>
File: 1400724424078.jpg (2 MB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1400724424078.jpg
2 MB, 1200x1600
>>43472173
Also I'll be doing other things so posting will be sporadic
>>
File: mish 2.png (254 KB, 3150x1140) Image search: [Google]
mish 2.png
254 KB, 3150x1140
>>
>>43469720
Fuck that.

Someone needs to make a new giantess quest. Fire is also great. Storm has even bigger ones
>>
>>43472662
>new quest.
No, lets just discuss giantesses
How do you prefer them /tg/?
>>
>>43421716
mmm dat puss. More?
>>
File: 1402552424227.jpg (440 KB, 1167x1000) Image search: [Google]
1402552424227.jpg
440 KB, 1167x1000
>>43473316
He said it was the whole set, though I wouldn't mind if anyone else had stuff to share
>>
>>43473522

Especially stuff like that. That...

That made me tingle, yuh?
>>
File: 1402553129159.jpg (147 KB, 384x600) Image search: [Google]
1402553129159.jpg
147 KB, 384x600
>>43473583
>>
File: 1434501859594.jpg (151 KB, 800x719) Image search: [Google]
1434501859594.jpg
151 KB, 800x719
OP here. Didn't know this thread was still going.

>>43472662
That's a fantastic idea.
>>
>tfw you'll never princess carry your amazon waifu
>>
File: Bard at it Again.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1754) Image search: [Google]
Bard at it Again.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1754
Dumping all I have
which, admittedly, isn't much.
>>
File: 49303357_p0_master1200.jpg (386 KB, 893x1200) Image search: [Google]
49303357_p0_master1200.jpg
386 KB, 893x1200
I love this guy's art.
>>
File: Giantess at a Masquerade Ball.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
Giantess at a Masquerade Ball.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1414
>>43474064
Just realized I have one or two colorations of the PacRim Jaegergals.
Do they qualify as Giantesses?
>>
File: 1397833956627.jpg (494 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
1397833956627.jpg
494 KB, 1000x1414
>>43474129
Yes.
>>
File: 1383601332438.jpg (216 KB, 917x1200) Image search: [Google]
1383601332438.jpg
216 KB, 917x1200
>>
File: Cherno Alpha Beckons.png (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Cherno Alpha Beckons.png
1 MB, 1500x1500
>>43474169
All right then.
>>
File: Jaeger Girls.jpg (2 MB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
Jaeger Girls.jpg
2 MB, 3200x1800
>>43474214
>>
File: Cherno-chan Go Time.jpg (283 KB, 992x1049) Image search: [Google]
Cherno-chan Go Time.jpg
283 KB, 992x1049
>>43474241
>>
File: 1412026351894.jpg (137 KB, 891x754) Image search: [Google]
1412026351894.jpg
137 KB, 891x754
>>
File: Oni Oh My.jpg (1001 KB, 840x900) Image search: [Google]
Oni Oh My.jpg
1001 KB, 840x900
>>43474270
Final one, sadly.
But, hey. Oni.
>>
>>
>>43474411
Some what nsfw. No nudity, but it's close.
>>
File: maidu.jpg (135 KB, 667x666) Image search: [Google]
maidu.jpg
135 KB, 667x666
I've been trying to write a setting involving giants for a personal project for a little while, but haven't been able to get much inspiration somehow. This thread helped me look at it in a different direction. And yeah, it's magical realmy as shit.

I was thinking of something where giantesses were used as mechs in wars, but it didn't feel quite right. I realized that there needed to be some sort of isolation between normal-sized humans and giants to make the difference stand out. If societies are already adapted to accept giantesses as normal, it spoils half the fun of accidental property damage when the streets aren't big enough, and the crowds of horrified people not sure whether they should start screaming or fapping. Plus, even if giantess-versus-giantess can be fun, panty fighters already exist, and it's possible that the whole Godzilla-versus-monster-styled formula means that emphasis on size difference is lost due to less big-small interaction. Unless we're talking 40-foot giants versus 100-foot-giants, but I somehow lost interest in it. And I dunno if murder on a wide scale is particularly tasteful/attractive even if I personally really love it in giantess stories/pics

Reading this thread, I've suddenly been struck with the idea to make the plot about a young, serious self-styled giant killer who wants revenge for someone who killed his parents/wife/something. But he keeps running into giantesses that mostly just want to do lewd stuff to him, or play around with him like a doll, or otherwise refuse to take it seriously at all. In order to keep ideas from the last one, he might end up defeating a particularly poorly-coordinated or dim giantess in combat; when he finds himself unwilling to kill her, he decides to enlist her as a sidekick/mount in his quest. Leading to a bond slowly forming between the two.

Still not totally sure where to go with it, though.
>>
>>43474411
>>43474566
>This town ain't big enough for the two of us
>>
>>43474213
I have been limiting myself to fantasy giantesses, I'll go back and see if I have a few others

Also, does this count?
>>
File: 29.png (1 MB, 933x1289) Image search: [Google]
29.png
1 MB, 933x1289
>>43474701
Sure. Im just trying to find pictures that aren't so sexual it'll get me banned.
>>
>>43474646
>And I dunno if murder on a wide scale is particularly tasteful/attractive even if I personally really love it in giantess stories/pics
I'm okay with it, even if I personally prefer giantess X tiny interaction on a personal level, even if that level is her toying with him before she eats/sits on/crushes him with her tits

>>43474646
>Still not totally sure where to go with it, though.
Giantess wrestling with him caught in the middle
Usually smushed between tits or ass (possibly somehow getting worked in one giantess, maybe with his partner having to get him out of the enemy giantess
>>
Which one, /tg/?
>>
>>43474646
I've been toying around with writing a few interactive stories myself, first in twine (and gave up on that so now I'm trying Java), a few of them are giantess related, mostly a "adventurer wanders around a fantasy setting full of semi /d/ish monstergirls, femdom, and bad ends", "tiny guy trapped in Victorian manor inhabited only by giantesses", and "tiny superhero with rubber based invincibility lives in the apartment of his not!powergirl GF who enjoys toying with him" stories but I'm always worried I'll just make several dozen versions of what I like and I haven't had as much time to work on them in the past few months

>>43474929
Left is cute but I get the feeling she's clumsy, I love muscles but right looks like she wouldn't care, and middle looks like she might be a bit cruelly playful, I guess it depends on how durable I am but I'll probably go for left or middle
>>
File: OHOHOHO.jpg (201 KB, 1063x752) Image search: [Google]
OHOHOHO.jpg
201 KB, 1063x752
>>43474825
Huh, on a personal level? That's pretty interesting. I see this debate come up a lot - oftentimes in the context of whether it would be better for a girl to grow or to shrink near a girl.

I've seen the argument of intimacy and personal level used to support the shrink side a lot, while the argument for the growth side is that there are more things for the girl's strength/size to be compared to.

Isolated giantesses give a bit of a middle ground for the two, I guess. Along with wide-scale shrinking - that gives some closeness and secrecy without the one-on-one.
>>
>>43475079
Yeah, I prefer the shrink side I guess you could say, though I like giantesses in fantasy or scifi/space settings where it can still mostly be one guy interacting with the giantess
I get that the growth side is more of a POWER thing, while for me it's more of a "Power over someone" thing
>>
File: 1416888542987.jpg (500 KB, 800x1120) Image search: [Google]
1416888542987.jpg
500 KB, 800x1120
Not really a giantess, but it fits
>>
>>43411515
What's up with her lips? Allergic reaction to something?
>>
>>43475225
negro
>>
>>43475225
Read that as angelic reaction at first and that led to some odd thoughts
Mostly about her munching on angels
But I assume she just has plump lips
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (271 KB, 1396x700) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
271 KB, 1396x700
>>43474929

I like the one all the way on the right.
>>
>>43475254
>Dark skin giantess

mah nigga. Barely any of it though.

Unless you speak of the MS paint abomination in your pic.
>>
File: Donquixote.jpg (105 KB, 507x601) Image search: [Google]
Donquixote.jpg
105 KB, 507x601
Sancho, what are all these windmills doing in this thread?
>>
File: 1436853433090s.jpg (3 KB, 88x125) Image search: [Google]
1436853433090s.jpg
3 KB, 88x125
Huh, got a lot less giantess pics than I thought, or at least SFW ones
>>
File: colossi.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
colossi.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>43411515
i like them as 50 story unintelligible forces of nature.
>>
>>43456535
>Wizard casts Expeditious Retreat on all of us
>Druid casts Entangle on the giant
>Ranger picks up the supplies
>I burn a Martial Flexibility for Throw Anything and start tossing the Alchemist's Fire at her eyes
>We all book it the moment she's blinded and starts falling over

WE ARE NOT GETTING EATEN TODAY.
>>
>>43475527
Who said anything about being eaten?

Maybe she just wants a hug?
>>
>>43475527
Anon, you're in felarya, it's not a question of if you're eaten by a sexy giantess, it's by which
>>
>>43475735
>tfw you'll never spy on a giantess bathing
>>
>>43475772
In all fairness, depending on the size of her, NOT spying on her may be harder to do
>>
>>43475735
>that train embedded on her foot

HNNNNG
>>
File: 1412039859803.jpg (221 KB, 950x950) Image search: [Google]
1412039859803.jpg
221 KB, 950x950
>>
>>43448894
Kinda why I like 40k RPGs
Though human near everyone that's someone has some form of augmentation that's unsightly
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (786 KB, 2676x2164) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
786 KB, 2676x2164
>>43475301

Just because they're giants doesn't mean they can't be pretty too, Anon. Don't be so narrow minded.
>>
12' strong, barbaric, and primitive, living in the wild, frozen north and in the mountains. They attack humans for gold and glory.

Subverting tropes is for edgy faggots.
>>
File: 1406655414964.jpg (164 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1406655414964.jpg
164 KB, 1200x800
>>
>>43476267
Dark is prettier than the inbred fluorescence of a small minority of neanderthal-humping eurotrash.
>>
>>43475301 here

>>43476267
>>43476327

I like both white skin and dark skin. You should to spice of life and all.
>>
>>43475646
>asking an adventurer to just lie down and die

THAT IS NOT OUR WAY
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (87 KB, 736x337) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
87 KB, 736x337
>>43476327

You seem to be upset. Here, let me help you to be a better person.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 119

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.