[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The hill is actually a sleeping giant How do we make this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 46
File: 8Y66PGr.jpg (74 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
8Y66PGr.jpg
74 KB, 960x640
>The hill is actually a sleeping giant

How do we make this idea more interesting?
>>
>>43392037
>climbing Mt. Everest expy

>it gets up

RIP, planet.
>>
>>43392055
>RIP, planet.

Couldn't we just nuke it?
>>
>>43392037
All hills are sleeping giants
The world is a sleeping giant
The giant is dead and the world hides from the universe within its bones
>>
>>43392037
Spelunking.
>>
>>43392148
The Quivering Caves?
>>
>>43392037
Make the pcs climb a tall pillar that turns out to be its cock.
>>
I actually had an idea for the entire system being the dead bodies of lesser gods, slaughtered by the creator. The sun was a giant pyre for their (most of their) bodies and all the planets were their heads. All the resources are pieces of them, and as their anatomy isn't human at all, they have some interesting properties. I need help figuring out how agriculture would work and a lot of other things as well.
>>
>>43392037
All awake giants are offspring from "conquered" hills and mountains.
>>
>>43392037
The hill is a sleeping wendigo, which gorged itself on farms and townships in an age long past until it grew so large that the stubs of it's frostbitten limbs sank deep into the earth, trapping it until it was anchored by frost. Over centuries, the dust and rubble kicked up as it thrashed and struggled settled down on its back, forming an anchor for plants and soil. In time it was overgrown and buried completely, catatonic and starving in it's tomb.

That was long ago, when the winters were harder, the snow deeper, and your grandfather's grandfather had to walk uphill both ways to school with a bundle of shovels on his back instead of paper, as he tells it. Now the land warms, and the frost loosens its grip on the deep soil. If the wendigo awakens, it will tear itself free of the earth in mere minutes, desperate to sate it's tormenting hunger at long last.
>>
>>43392037
That's a really sexy looking hill. I roll to seduce.
>>
File: legion.gif (16 KB, 218x230) Image search: [Google]
legion.gif
16 KB, 218x230
>>43392284
>pictured: the earth, as seen from space
>>
>>43392284
Mosses, mold, fungi, and lichen grow on flesh fairly easily though lichen is usually on bones due to its slow nature and decompositions comparatively quick speed. Hair forests of giant 30 manheights wide hairs are shaved for textiles and the enamel mines are in full swing for strong weapons, shields, and armors but are in relatively short supply. Lesser armor are from the calcium mines. Excess compost can be used from the heads core as it too is rotting. I'm sure something like rare nutrient rich paste can come from the eyes as well.
>>
>>43392037
>mfw that is legitimately appealing hill to me.

This is what internet did to me.

I want to fuck a snowy hill.
>>
>>43392368
Reminds me of the Magic: The Gathering fluff for Deus of Calamity:

"Tell me, seer:
What causes
The mighty quakes
That scare my children
And send me tumbling?"

"I see a juggernaut
Greater than giants
And far older still.
He sleeps beneath the earth
Among those whom once he slew.
He bears the marks of ages upon his skin,
Memories of dreams long dead
And best left buried.
Whenever cracks split the ground,
An old peak falls,
Or hills roll like water,
That is the demiurge
Muttering in his slumber.

But one day his sleep will end,
As any sleep but death must.
He shall rise
From his forgotten bed.
His is an ancient doom,
Never spoken of
But always known
If only in flashes
Of trembling fear.
And he will walk
The world that tried to forget him.

None shall ever pass
Where he walks.
His footprints are marks of grieving.
The greatest mountain
Is sand under his feet,
The eldest forest
A single blade of grass,
Bent and crushed under his heel.

All shall see his
The shadow of his coming,
Feel his stride,
Shaking their lives apart.
And know that death is upon them.
They will scream.
They will curse.
They will beg.
They will run.
Yet all these acts, and yet more,
Will cease in the same moment
Trod under his implacable step.

When he has reached his goal,
A trail of blood and silence
Stretching behind him,
He will say words
Never spoken before or since
That will be etched upon his skin.
Then he will lie upon that spot
And slumber once more.
As the dust that falls upon him
Grows into hills
And the wrenched fields
Claw slowly back to life,
He will sleep.
And one day,
When foolish folk once again flourish,
Their arrogance blinding them
To their own mortality,
The demiurge will again awake.
And begin his journey anew."
>>
>>43392037
The worlds greatest resource is giant flesh, bone and blood.

The world is a buncha parasites that burrow into the giant for the valuable flesh.

The pc's are bedbugs, taking risky travels across and into the giant for valuable parts.
>>
>>43392432
They have already pretty much decomposed
the land is covered in the stuff that anon below mentions(moss mainly, I like my worlds non gross for the most part).
>>43392433
Those are some nifty ideas. However the gods weren't really that human looking, especially in the face department, so the planets would really vary geographically. Also water is a thing since the creator decided(maybe ill-advisedly) to repopulate with some sapient beings.
>>
>>43392502
>>43392502
>>43392502
Why do all parasites have to be insect or worm-like? Also what would those valuable parts be? Unless new giants are born all the time how haven't they all been consumed? Do they ever wake up or do they die when they start getting fed on?
>>
The giant isn't sleeping, it's hopelessly depressed. constantly moaning and sobbing, scaring off the wild life and spoiling the ground with its salty tears. Not only that but there's talk that if someone doesn't cheer it up soon its sorrow may turn to anger, sending it on an unstoppable rampage.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>43392841
Rolling for cheering it up
>>
File: sex and 4chan.png (32 KB, 1050x788) Image search: [Google]
sex and 4chan.png
32 KB, 1050x788
>>43392451

That's how you know you're officially a true oldfag.

Welcome to the club friendo.
>>
File: 159.jpg (41 KB, 516x254) Image search: [Google]
159.jpg
41 KB, 516x254
>>43392923
You did it. The kingdom is saved.
>>
>>43392037
Adveture it
Right in the pussy
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 722x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 722x454
>>43392037
it is one of the last Ymerans, left behind Servants of the Gods, who were created to shape the continents and dig the rivers

now they lay sleeping, dreaming of the wonders they have seen in bygone eons, waiting to be woken by the songs of their masters.

but fate is frickle and due to unfortunate circumstances, waking one of these ancient colosses may be your worlds last hope.
>>
File: 1328575035801.jpg (116 KB, 400x565) Image search: [Google]
1328575035801.jpg
116 KB, 400x565
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/On_the_Backs_of_Gods

I'm pretty sure we've done this already.
>>
>>43392037
It's already pretty interesting, anon.
>>
>>43393203
Source?
>>
>>43392037
Go spelunking in her->>43392148, dammit

>>43392225
It will be when the PCs are done

>>43392229
>Make the pcs climb a tall pillar that turns out to be its cock.
>They don't realize it until after they've descended to the bottom of the "pit" at the top
>>
>>43392037
Blue board, man.
>>
>>43392453
Tell me they had a long form like this for all 10
>>
>>43392037
Giants arte magical creatures. When they sleep that dream like anyone else but their dreams don't remain confined into their skulls: they invade the physical world warping the scenery and the inhabitants.
Since Giants have monstrously low metabolism, they're perfectly able to sleep somewhere for so long that Nobody remembers how the place was before.
>>
>>43392086
Hello, Transformers fandom.
>>
>>43394494
You've never read The Seer's Parables?

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/db48a

Favourite Magic fluff. Hands down.
>>
>>43392976
now that it's happy

dice+1d20

roll to ask her out on a date.
>>
>>43393720
Actually, yes, I would also be muy interested in the source of this, and reverse searching is turning up nothing but this thread.
>>
File: Deus of Calamity.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Deus of Calamity.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>43392453
Pic for reference.
>>
>>43392037
Generations of mountain keeps defend the mountain based on ancient prophecy. Tremors herald the fortold cataclysm that threatens untold disaster for all the surrounding territories. In light of this neighboring kingdoms seek to intervene but the mountain keeps put up armed resistance to all tresspassers. [Spoiler] the mountain has been pregnant for centuries And now she's about to give birth.[/spoiler]
>>
>>43400394
God damn it that's what I get for trying to hand type my spoiler on a phone without hotkeys. I thought I remembered the spooler being singular not plural. Was it the cap S?
>>
I did this idea once. I made a giant sleeping under a hill as a dungeon. The party explored the inside of its body and fought antibodies and snot creatures.

This was after they fed it a Reduce Person potion, making the whole thing collapse then rapidly uncollapse, so instead of the dungeon I made they went through the "Spark Mandrill level after fighting Storm Eagle" version. I realize the potion probably shouldn't have worked, but whatever rule of funny.
>>
>>43400394
Its still sleeping though like with coma pregnancies so that presents additional complications.
>>
Thank, you /tg/. I was worried that I was alone in wanting to fuck a hill.
>>
>>43392037
>the hill is actually a sleeping giant
>a local pervert has impregnated it
>>
The giants are spiders
>>
>>43392583
I would start with the lore for demons, yozi, and primordials in Exalted, actually - use the divine traits of the demigod to define the properties of the land. If the demigod believes in lives of plenty and generosity, then the world blooms with strange and exotic fruits, some of which have magical properties and spawn their own guardians and mini-eco-systems of potent monsters (who are lesser aspects of the realm - slaying the major guardian kills the interesting property after the party gets a chance to use it).

In a sense, the worlds are the heads of the gods. The continents are the corpses of the progenitors spun from their flesh. The regional features (mountain chains, river systems, massive gorges, seas, archipelagos) are the bodies of the titans of yore. The local features (specific mountains, lakes, valleys, plains, swamps, forests, massive cities) are the bodies of the olympians - huge heroes who usurped the titans, and those features are either living or dead as the olympian is. Small-scale features (hills, specific rivers, small islands, towns, a bog in a swamp) are the hearts of giants, who vomit forth monsters and heroes while they live, and as they are slain, the region dies. The giants are also, well, giants.

The party plays heroes, who each start out with a vegetable patch, which grows as they do. Eventually, they begin spinning off monsters and heroes of their own...
>>
>>43392037
>Spelunking
>>
>>43392037
>The hill is actually a sleeping giant
>How do we make this idea more interesting?
already done
>>
>>43402961
I was thinking of something similar, except all the giants, titans and olympians are all dead. Some died fighting for the gods, some fighting for the Creator, those that were left at the end were a number of olympians(even though I don't like calling them something reffering specificically to greek gods). They now are the Wanderers, they travel the solar system, bringing their gifts to the people inhabiting them. When their time to sleep comes, they orbit around a planet, turning into a moon that might last a few hundred to a few thousand years. The mountains, lakes, rivers, ocean currents, forests etc. have their own spirits, lesser spirits are buildings, animals, trees or objects. The more faith a spirit has, the more powerful it is, this allows spirits of buildings to increase their domain to neigborhoods, villages and even cities. Spirits grant their denizens and faithfull blessings, this is how magic comes into the world. Spirits have a hirearchy, for example tree and animal spirits are subjects to forest spirits and so forth.
I also really like the idea of planets representing the nature of the god. This should also transfer to the races that inhabit it.
>>
Isn't this literally just the backstory for like, half of the hills in Wales and Ireland?
>>
>>43392037

This literally the setting of REIGN. The two continents are the half-submerged bodies of giants, one with their arm making a bridge to the, other with subjective gravity that points towards their bones.

Also, in Xenoblade, the world is all on the bodies of two dead giants.
>>
>>43392832
>Why do all parasites have to be insect or worm-like?
Because I like bugs.
>Also what would those valuable parts be?
Fat, grisstle, connecting nervous tissue to get electrical power, other parasites and bacteria as pets and livestock.
>Unless new giants are born all the time how haven't they all been consumed?
Well other than that they are very big giants and the parasites are working by hand in a constantly regenerating mine, there are probably awake giants going about, shagging left and right.
>Do they ever wake up or do they die when they start getting fed on?
They probably sleep long enough for the parasites to make it a profitable thing. And death sure happens, and then it's a catastrophe because the local parasites livelyhood just went and gone fucked like.
>>
>>43392343
the breasts are clearly higher up, you've drawn them on her tummy
>>
>>43392037
>You will never get to explore the body of a mountain sized frost giantess
>>
>>43405675
you cant expect anon to know the female body

>captcha is about mountains
>>
File: OPs mind.gif (91 KB, 300x387) Image search: [Google]
OPs mind.gif
91 KB, 300x387
>>43392432
>>
>>43392037
Make it wake up.
>>
>>43392944
I laughed way too much at this. This graph kinda implies that furries become aceptable sowhere halfway through though.
>>
>>43392037

Her vagina is the cave entrance.
>>
>>43406523
and?
>>
File: sedan-crater.jpg (111 KB, 790x525) Image search: [Google]
sedan-crater.jpg
111 KB, 790x525
>>43392074
could you?

I suppose if you keep launching them it might eventually stop, assuming it's affected by physical damage.
>>
>>43404769

Ew
>>
>>43405675
C'mon she is like a gorillion years old, I expect some shaggy tits.
>>
>>43406800
I don't think there's much data around on how living mountains react to nukes.

But let's see here, the Sedan crate is something like 300m wide and 150m deep IIRC. So let's say 15 million cubic metres of "tissue" wrecked per bomb.

Mount Everest on the other hand is something like 2400 cubic kilometres.

So it's take 1600 bombs to blow off a percent of it. If we need to pulverise the whole thing, well, the surface may not be very hospitable to human life afterwards. The planet itself won't give a fuck of course, there's a bit more to it than the thin layer of mould growing on the surface, even though that mould might outweigh Mt Everest two to one.
>>
>>43392086
We Bionicle now
>>
>>43393203
I never knew I wanted this.
>>
>>43406800
STANDING
>>
>>43392037
The giants' dreams are so vivid and strong that they bleed over into reality when there are many close together. This makes hills and mountains very dangerous.
Dreamwalking also lets you teleport.
>>
>>43406569
The liquid found inside the cave is a concentrated source of magical energy, and a vital resource for the surrounding kingdom.
>>
>>43409158
>PCs have to go in and induce it to flow more
>>
>>43406569
>>43409158
>>43410570
What sort of encounters would the PCs find in the cave?
>>
>>43410789

Giant pinworms and vaginal flora, maybe?

Actually, that might be kind of gross. And also ripping off of Binding of Isaac a little bit, maybe.
>>
>>43411049
>that might be kind of gross
As opposed to something that may be hot?
>YFW spelunking in a sleeping giantess your party has to fight giant carnivorous sperm
>>
File: happy little drawfags.jpg (872 KB, 1280x1564) Image search: [Google]
happy little drawfags.jpg
872 KB, 1280x1564
>>43400461
Singular, non-capitalized. Just spoiler. Remember, "spoiler-tag", not "spoilers-tag".
>>
>>43413554
Got more pics like that?
>>
>>43392037
More pics of sexy landscapes?
>>
>>43413554
Why would anyone try to apply real life painting techniques to digital art? They really should have gone out and tried a real canvas, now these guys probably feel like shit for making such awful pictures.
>>
>>43417830
I don't know, I think they're rather charming
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 850x575) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 850x575
>>43392037

Heres a pic of Mt. Susitna (also known as Sleeping Lady) in Alaska, it's visible from Anchorage.
The story is that Sleeping Lady vowed to sleep until her beloved returned from battle. He was killed in combat, so sleeping lady has never awoken.

We have a picture of sleeping lady in a spare bedroom at our house. When I was stationed at Ft. Richardson, AK (Anchorage) I deployed to Iraq in 06-07. Sleeping Lady was visible from the living room window of our condo in Anchorage, and my wife said she'd look at it and get all sorts of feels while I was deployed. To this day she tears up when looking at the picture, or telling someone that story. That was a rough deployment on her, my unit suffered a lot of wounded and kia, so it was very stressful on the families back home.

But yeah, its a cool real life example of the thread topic.
>>
File: standards.png (21 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
standards.png
21 KB, 1024x768
>>43392944
This needed amending.
>>
>>43417960
There's only two remotely good looking pictures on there, everything else looks like it was drawn by a child. As an artist I know I'd feel bad for making something like this. Using real paint is much easier, and seeing you create something truly beautiful can be a huge boost to your confidence, which is literally what The Joy of Painting was all about.
>>
>>43413410
>Gargantuan Purple Worm in the Giantess' *cave*
>>
>>43418103
I laughed
>>
>>43418103
10/10 saved
>>
>>43418103
Need to add Utah.
>>
>>43399123
Allright, i'll feed the trolls
the source is literally the thing he linked.
>>
>>43418103
Needs more contemplation of dog knees.
>>
>>43418103
Shit, Im halfway there
>>
>>43420298
We're asking for the source of the image. The thread he linked that used the image is not its source, just another thread that made use of it before this one. Either you've failed to use your brain properly, or you yourself are trolling.
>>
The hill isn't sleeping. Its awake but knows we're living on it, so holds still for as long as possible because it cares. Like when your cat sleeps on you, and you wake up but hold still because its your cat.
>>
>>43392284
In the norse mythology the world is actually a killed giant.
>>
>>43421853
Giant snake. Difference.
>>
File: Hills_on_Mykonos.jpg (55 KB, 800x348) Image search: [Google]
Hills_on_Mykonos.jpg
55 KB, 800x348
>The hill is actually a sleeping giant's titties
>>
>>43421904
Are they soft like titties?
>>
File: 1280px-Sleeping_Giant_2010.jpg (199 KB, 1280x799) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Sleeping_Giant_2010.jpg
199 KB, 1280x799
>hill is literally sleeping giant
>>
>The entire walking world is two giants frozen in mortal combat
>>
>>43421887
No. I meant Yimir the first giant and father of Odin.
>>
>>43405675
Tg virgin, be nice to him he's never seen a real pair
>>
>>43421887
I have never heard that version, explain
>>
>>43421887
No, giant.

In the beginning all that existed was fire, frost, and a gaping hole in between. When fire and forst emt a giant, Ymer, and a cow, Audhumbla, were created. When Ymer slept a man and a woman grew out from under his left hand, and his feet had a six headed son with each other. Thus the race of giants came about.

The cow licked moisture form the rocks, and as she wore them down Bure appeared. With a giantess he had a son, Bor, who in turn had three sons, Oden, Vile and Ve.

Being bored of little of anything existing, these three killed Ymer, and used his carcass to create the world. His bones made the rocks and mountains, his flesh the soil, the bowl of his skull is the sky, his brain the clouds, and his blood is the seas and stream.

The giant serpent, the Midgårdsorm, was born much later, and has had no part in creating or supporting the world, it merely wraps around it.
>>
>>43421887
Oh /tg/, your complete stupidity when it comes to mythology never fails to amuse me.
>>
Reminds me of an interesting scifi thing a friend of mine wrote for some school competition.

Basically a HFY story where aliens come to Earth and wreck us then this in turn wales a race of Giants which were sent to safeguard humanity and were put into a deep sleep until they were needed.
Said giants then used spess magic/fuck hueg doom cannons to destroy Alien Warfleet.
Soon after the giants and humans built their own Warfleet. Chased aliens back to their home sector and genocided their homeworld as payback for nearly destorying mankind.
>>
>>43423054
>>43424692
>>43425504
Oh shoot. My bad. I misread that. Read it as the world is killed by a giant. That's closer to our dear ol' world snake. Though he gets smacked with a hammer in the end, don't he?
>>
>>43392037
The giant is a hill overlooking a fishing town, it's remained dormant after it spent years wandering the earth. It's lonely and wants to be human size so that it may interact with other creatures without being seen as a god or something.

A cult is sacrificing things to the giant to keep the city safe, even though the giant is rather chill and has no interest in demolishing all the neat stuff the little people build. (It's rather fascinated by buildings, all those little details.)
The Cult leaders take the sacrifices and sell them at the market, they oppose the players, they want the giant to remain large and looming over the city.
>>
>>43392944
>>43418103
that's not how graphs work, retards.
>>
>>43392037
>the giant is actually a sleeping hill
when hills go to sleep, the dream, and sleepwalk through the world in the form of a giant
when it wakes up, it goes back to its duties as a hill
>>
>>43429380
What's the problem?
>>
>>43432322
>baka
Which one's this?
>>
>>43418103
> kitchen tiles
classic
>>
>>43432403
bwaaaka

think of what the various nigspeak acronyms mean, and which one you would say to a baka gaijin trying to kendokarate with a greatsword
>>
>>43432145
just fucking read it
>>
File: tumblr_mwnuy8Cbee1r00j2ko1_1280.jpg (55 KB, 706x1024) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwnuy8Cbee1r00j2ko1_1280.jpg
55 KB, 706x1024
>>43392037
The giant has Alzheimer's and keeps wanting to go for a walk whenever he wakes. Problem is that he happens to be sleeping on a portal to a hell dimension or a dragon's lair or something, and if he got up it would open for a great terror being unleashed on the land.
>>
>>43400898
And that's where rock trolls come from
>>
>>43434114
Still don't see it
>>
>>43393203
>City built on a giantess
Where would you want your house /tg/?
>>
>>43440519
depends on how she lays
>>
File: Hill_design.jpg (133 KB, 634x482) Image search: [Google]
Hill_design.jpg
133 KB, 634x482
>>43442706
>>
>>43392037
U go into butthole
>>
>>43442706
Take your pick
>>
File: blue dot.jpg (42 KB, 960x685) Image search: [Google]
blue dot.jpg
42 KB, 960x685
So much fucking pareidolia in this thread.
>>
>>43444396
I wonder... before cartoons with bug-eyed animal characters existed, would that have registered as a face to people?
>>
>>43444537
That's supposed to be a face?
And yes, people have been seeing faces in shit forever
>>
>>43427244
During Ragnarök Tor kills the Midgård serpent, takes nine steps, and falls down dead from its poison.

The world is destroyed by Surt, a fire giant, who sets it ablaze.
>>
>>43392944

This is making me think of that Simpsons skit with Moe and the lie detector.

"Alright! I plan to go home and ogle the illustrations out of my MAID guidebook!"
>BRRRT!
"...D&D Bestiary."
>DING!
>>
>>43393720
>>43399123
Laila - Queen's Blade
>>
>>43444537
A dozen pairs of knots in the lumber walls of childhood home watched my every move for the first 18 years of my life. Faces can exist anywhere the brain decides will have a face. It's a system that favors false positives rather than false negatives.
>>
>>43447329
What did the original bit use?
>>
>>43450329
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACGClMQeV4M
>>
>>43452212
Thanks
>>
>>43392037
There is a surprising lack of giant pics in this thread
Landscapes that look like giants too
>>
>>43410789
dire crabs
>>
File: GiantRei&ToL.jpg (133 KB, 678x345) Image search: [Google]
GiantRei&ToL.jpg
133 KB, 678x345
TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOOOWWWNNN
>>
>>43392944
...That hill actually DOES fall lower on the chart than "had a heartbeat".

Well goddamn.
>>
>>43458294
Wouldn't it be under humanoid?
>>
>>43458511
It's a mountain.
>>
>>43392037
What if, the sleeping giant is actually just a hill.

The ones behind giving the quest of eliminating the giant are actually from logistics company who would get a new cheaper route if the hill wasn't there and adventurers are cheaper than professionals.
>>
>>43458718
It's a vaguely humanoid mountain
>>
>>43460777
Still a mountain
>>
>>43425737
> this in turn wales a race of Giants which were sent to safeguard humanity

Oh my, i just imagined an army of pissed off super-wales with missile launchers and lasers fucking up UFOs.
>>
>>43418103
This is complete bullshit.

I may like tiles but I am NOT gay. Nor am I a furry.
>>
>>43463892
So it's not bullshit, you're just too far beyond the patrician fetishes to hold any space for them in your heart... balls ... ovaries? Where does one keep one's fetish related feelings?
>>
>>43456823
I said in the cave, not in the bushes outside it
>>
>>43465338
What about some form of yeast-folk?
>>
>>43465767
I could see molds or slimes, not sure yeast folk would work, though yeast "slimes" are an idea
>>
>>43434123
I'd do this

thanks
>>
>>43458270
Oh Oh Oh Ooooh
>>
>>43392037
Easy. ALL the hills are sleeping giants - and they are waking up.
>>
>>43465767
How would you do yeast-folk?
>>
File: 6JIFjzO.jpg (191 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
6JIFjzO.jpg
191 KB, 1920x1080
What about other landscapes?
>>
>>43440519
In the most beautiful city of Cleavage, looking out over the view.
>>
>>43392037
A nearby township is conducting dangerous rituals and sacrificing people/mcguffins/other things of value to keep it asleep. You have to decide whether to let them continue at cost to quality of life, stop them and let the giant awake or work out some other solution. Maybe the giant can be reasoned with, kept asleep in some other way or straight up destroyed through some form of magic.
>>
Something like this happens in my setting. The players don't know what these weird iron rods randomly sticking out of the ground are, just that they're spiritual totems of a lost culture.

But as they've begun to rust away, dragons started slithering out of the hills. Turns out they're basically keys driven into the skulls of sleeping dragons - remove the key and they heal right up, with one hell of a hangover.
>>
File: M155.jpg (833 KB, 1039x1225) Image search: [Google]
M155.jpg
833 KB, 1039x1225
Still waiting on this to turn into a fetish thread.
>>
>>43475847
You got ideas?
Cause I'm waiting on the same
>>
>>43392037
>The hill is actually a mimic
>>
File: 004191_110901111324[1].jpg (44 KB, 860x484) Image search: [Google]
004191_110901111324[1].jpg
44 KB, 860x484
>>43418091
Sleeping Giant, in Kauai.
>>
>>43475916
>Hill is actually a giantess
The obvious answer is talking about what sort of dungeon her dark, moist, hidden cave would make for any brave adventurer's who go spelunking in there
>>
>>43475957
>>43475847
read the thread again and you can see that multiple people have already come up with that exact premise
>>
>>43475988
I mean elaborating on the premise as opposed to just suggesting it
>>
>>43444396
Is that supposed to be a face?
>>
>>43475957
Now is it a straight forward cave or similar to say a duck's, where it's twisting and filed with false changers?
>>
>>43481181
I assume mostly straightforward but with some twists and turns
>>
>>43425527
The Norse mythology is one of those, that are completely overused, yet no one ever knows anything about it.
>>
Wrote this for another thing. May be relevant. A bit weebish, my apologies.

http://pastebin.com/cf94bgGQ
>>
>>43486000
Nice, skimmed it a bit but kinda hard to read on my phone, will read later
>>
>this thread has been midway up the board catalog for 6 days

How is this thread still here? I post on Saturday and here it still is.
>>
File: M201.png (3 MB, 2649x2274) Image search: [Google]
M201.png
3 MB, 2649x2274
>>43486000
This is just what I was looking for. I could see a lot of other stories for this, like the colonies living in her hair have to desperately fend off kaiju lice or two factions trying to war only to be halted by a gentle touch of her finger.
>>
>>43487091
A few anons posting every now and then, that's how
>>
>>43486000
Not as weebish as I feared, I like it
>>
File: 1402023586972.jpg (759 KB, 766x1554) Image search: [Google]
1402023586972.jpg
759 KB, 766x1554
Giantess thread?
>>
File: ab.jpg (43 KB, 600x291) Image search: [Google]
ab.jpg
43 KB, 600x291
>>43494700
No, no, no, no.

Bodyscape thread.
>>
>>43392037
The cave you're in is its rectum
>>
File: Untitled.png (71 KB, 214x171) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
71 KB, 214x171
>>43495753
>>
File: ab.jpg (54 KB, 620x334) Image search: [Google]
ab.jpg
54 KB, 620x334
>>43495741
>>
>>43495741
>>43495788
These are actually kind of interesting, if you got more please post them
Though giantesses as part of the landscape are good too
>>
File: 1443574317657.jpg (171 KB, 1000x833) Image search: [Google]
1443574317657.jpg
171 KB, 1000x833
>>43409001
ON THE EDGE
>>
>>43495753
>>43495781
>You will never go cave exploring only to realize it's actually a sleeping giantess's ass
>>
File: 2c.full.1229352.jpg (567 KB, 945x573) Image search: [Google]
2c.full.1229352.jpg
567 KB, 945x573
>>43495939
OF THE CRATER

There's an interesting short story by Tobias Buckell about people living on a giant woman in space, it's pretty neat.

http://pastebin.com/5x9mMqQq
>>
>>43496376
Neat, anything similar?
>>
>Make giant sized waffles
>?????
>>
>>43392037
"the man who painted the dragon griaule"

I've had this as a prevalent theme in a campaign, that became the main point of the campaign, as the players desperately searched for a way to kill the sleeping dragon. At first it was for the reward, then it became an obsession.

All in all a good story too, worth the read. Picked it up at a swap meat for less than a dollar, and it ended up being the inspiration for some of the best games I've ever had.
>>
File: elemental plane of manicure.jpg (3 MB, 3600x2800) Image search: [Google]
elemental plane of manicure.jpg
3 MB, 3600x2800
Guys, civilizations on giants/giantesses isn't thinking big enough.

If there are people living on a giant, that giant should be part of a civilization on an even larger giant, with some of their friends having their own civilizations.

And we need some members of the civilization to have miniature worlds on them.

We should have matryoshka worlds.
>>
>>43498712
Nah, not really workable as anything other than a minor detail
>>
File: bs.jpg (68 KB, 940x424) Image search: [Google]
bs.jpg
68 KB, 940x424
>>43495924
k.
>>
File: bs.jpg (37 KB, 550x463) Image search: [Google]
bs.jpg
37 KB, 550x463
>>43500521
It's actually a bit of a struggle to specifically pick the SFW ones out.
>>
File: bs.jpg (58 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
bs.jpg
58 KB, 600x400
>>43500549
I'm 90% certain those points are NOT breasts.
>>
>>43498712
>"It's giants all the way down!"
>>
File: bs.jpg (34 KB, 610x390) Image search: [Google]
bs.jpg
34 KB, 610x390
>>43500580
>>
File: bs.jpg (39 KB, 610x294) Image search: [Google]
bs.jpg
39 KB, 610x294
>>43500612
>>
File: bs.jpg (27 KB, 610x296) Image search: [Google]
bs.jpg
27 KB, 610x296
>>43500612
I got class to get to, so I'm stopping here.
>>
File: vb_55_colonel_hunter_gathers.jpg (338 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vb_55_colonel_hunter_gathers.jpg
338 KB, 1280x720
>>43392037
>Ctrl+f
>"miasmapunk
>0 results
C'mon now!
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/40993044/#40999056
>>
>>43500549
Link to NSFW ones?
>>
>>43500748
I don't see how it's related
>>
>>43500922
>cities built upon the decaying body of a giant God and use the fungi that grow from the corpse to sustain civilization
Think about it, or at least read it.
>>
>>43500956
>Decaying
>Living giant
I mean sure I guess it could work but that doesn't really fit for a living one
>>
>>43486000
But where did the colonists come from?
>>
>>43394494
They had it for 9.
It's infuriating.
>>
File: T'Ela.png (440 KB, 1630x606) Image search: [Google]
T'Ela.png
440 KB, 1630x606
>>43392037
>>
File: Fingers-Cave.jpg (52 KB, 458x600) Image search: [Google]
Fingers-Cave.jpg
52 KB, 458x600
>>43496965
Not that I've been able to find, unfortunately.
>>
>>43501314
Leper giant?
>>
>>43505699
Got a source for these pics?
>>
File: Twin-Peaks.jpg (34 KB, 458x600) Image search: [Google]
Twin-Peaks.jpg
34 KB, 458x600
>>43505821
Carl Warner's Otherscapes, but there are no NSFW ones that I was able to find.
>>
File: thrax-the-weathermen-ii-.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1270) Image search: [Google]
thrax-the-weathermen-ii-.jpg
273 KB, 1920x1270
>>43496376
Like the prophets once said
>>
>>43392037
>you will never stick your giant 10'' human dick into her and try your hardest to make her feel it even though she can't and never will
>>
>>43507463
>Using just your dick
And that's why you failed
>>
File: 1445726417713.jpg (29 KB, 326x386) Image search: [Google]
1445726417713.jpg
29 KB, 326x386
>>43500521
>the feet
O-oh my
>>
>>43495741
>>43495788
>>43500521
>>43500549
>>43500580
>>43500612
>>43500624
>>43500651
>>43505699
>>43506089
These pics are making me think of having to explore a landscape of sleeping giantesses who's are all cuddling, bodies tangled up together
>>
>>43507667
>tfw you will never insert your entire body in a real life human being that actually exists

Fistings got nothin on this
>>
its not actually a giant per se
just a giant penis
>>
>>43512029
>You will never go spelunking in a giant's dick
>>
>>43413410
They wouldn't be carnivorous, just their only attack would be "Push". It'd be particularly bad for any female party members.
>>
>>43516603
I remember in another thread where the subject of a dungeon in a dragon's dick (and a "companion" dungeon in his mate's womb, guess the quickest way to from one to the other) and the primary suggested enemy was gigantic "carnivorous" dragon sperm, they had a swallow whole attack and if an opponent died to it they'd split, the PCs could not be resurrected unless the spawned sperm (or if it impregnated the dragon's mate, the resultant spawn) was killed
>>
>>43444537
Anything with eyes and a mouth in the dark is a predator that need to be recognized.
>>
>>43516659
Pretty much, system is prone to false positives for a good reason
>>
>>43421560
Seek it yourself. The picture has only been used 4 times. One of those 4 is your destination.
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.