[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer Fantasy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 25
File: 1356989143256.jpg (706 KB, 800x1433) Image search: [Google]
1356989143256.jpg
706 KB, 800x1433
"Giants are highest lore" Edition

Last thread: >>43326139

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the /tg/ wiki)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: /vg/ for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (Wargame)
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux (WHFRP)

>Total War: Warhammer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL7pBMxdX6o [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKPw86ivR7A [Embed] [Embed]
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1rdqUZlx7s [Embed] [Embed]
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o1H-qXAnO8 [Embed] [Embed]
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URMfC-scXF0 [Embed] [Embed]
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com
>>
just bought a lizrd armybox, lizard battalion box and stegadon and a couple of packed units (generals/heroes) for 130 bucks. Was that a good deal?
>>
File: GW space ship....jpg (23 KB, 610x468) Image search: [Google]
GW space ship....jpg
23 KB, 610x468
>>43387341

Excellent. Just download GW´s "how to fold a space craft" and you can actually do that with the box that came with the lizards!
Now you got yourself a cool looking space craft to go with you're space lizards, and go "Whrryyyyy" when ever you enter a table!

In all seriousness though (thats as far as possible from AoS as you can get), no, It seems like a good start.
>>
Recently traded for about 2.5k of wood elves which included unbuilt sisters of the thorn and eternal guard dual kits
Not sure what I should build them as though
>>
File: L07A2666-130412-01.jpg (41 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
L07A2666-130412-01.jpg
41 KB, 1024x683
>forgot about me, did you?
>>
>>43387341
Is there a carno in the battalion box?
Because no carno, no deal, its such a great mode
>>
>>43387315
Could we include a link to Return of Reckoning? It's a private server for the MMO that came out awhile ago. Free too.
>>
>>43391192
Yeah. If they could get there shit together as of late that is.
>>
>>43387315
is there a reason why he looks like Horny?
>>
>>43391482
Chaos giant I guess. Speaking of, a friend donated a pewter alternative greater demon model to me the other week (despite me playing Brets) which is a blatant knockoff of Horny. May have to stick it together at some point.
>>
>>43389042
Pretty dead around here eh?
>>
>>43394740
Yeah. Sadly.
>>
>>43387341
Yeah.

>>43394740
>>43394908
Well, it is Halloween.
>>
What do you guys reckon is the best idea to base my Giant conversion off of?

I've split it into an Araby Giant, a Cathay Giant or a Mountains of Mourn Giant, and I dunno which will probably look the best.
>>
So now that lizardmen have been rebased, does anyone know of some good 3rd party options for square bases? I don't plan to play AoS, and round bases are going to make formations a pain in the ass.
>>
>>43396945
Recasters do bases, but they often don't respond quickly or ever to really small first time orders.
>>
Ooh, managed to score some ork/goblin infantry + wolf riders for second hand dirt cheap. Are the warmachines for them any good?
>>
>>43398953
Not really.

Doom Divers are fun in some situations, but the majority aren't really that useful.
>>
Question: Does anyone play this online over something like roll20? Seems like a good way to keep the community together and like it'd keep this thread alive / help out newer players.
>>
>>43387315
give that modeler a fucking Klondike bar.
holy crap he looks good.
>>
>>43396683
Describe the three concepts in detail?

>>43397869
Speaking of recasters, does anyone know if any of them do Fantasy models? Just occured me to to look for Ushabti and Blood Knights
>>
>>43403865
Z does fantasy models. Here is where you'll find infor: https://www.reddit.com/r/yoyhammer

Stickied at the top is Z's current catalog. It contains four pdfs, for AoS/WHFB, 40k, ForgeWorld, and random bitz and bases. If you google around you'll find how to actually order.

Also I can help with questions and such, although I don't have any recasts myself so if you're looking for reviews just use the search function on that subreddit.
>>
>>43403865
>Araby Giant

I was going to make him look sunburnt with a green stuff shawl thing around his head. That, plus using a few spare shields from my historic minis along his arms and a dune base.

I am thinking of having one of legs sunken into a dune, but on the other hand, I want him to be squishing a skeleton as he walks.

>Cathay
I was going to use some left over piping to make a false barrel under one of his arms after bending it into place. So he'd be carrying around a barrel of rice wine, along side a bunch of minor bits and pieces made out of Jade.

I dunno what other pieces to add to make it more 'Cathanian' in appearance.

>Mountains of Mourn
Kinda like pic related.

>>43405222
Do you have brain problems lad?
>>
>>43405222
>average AoS fan.txt
>>
>>43405528
Hm, I'd probably go with Cathay
>>
How dead can these threads get? God damn...
>>
>>43409755
About as dead as WHF
>>
>>43408410
Seems reasonable. Do your reckon making him one of those straw ricepicker hats would be a neat idea?
>>
I know Ogres do their own thins, but has anyone ever actually fielded a full cathay army?
>>
>>43412215
Not to my knowledge. The only codex that they've ever gotten has been a fan codex, so anybody plying them is most likely doing it with their mates, and the army is most likely made out of historical miniatures rather than anything official.
>>
>>43412215
There was a Cathay warband for the Bordertown Burning supplement for Mordheim but only a few people ever made a force since you have to scratchbuild all the models.

It's a shame that the Southlands and everything east of the Mountains of Mourn have never been documented.
>>
>>43404018
I can't get the catalog to download. It gets to 100% and doesn't actually give me the file.
>>
>>43413343
What is there in the Southlands anyway?

From what I remember, there was a whole lot of Lizardmen lacking in Slann guidance, a lost Dwarf hold and, presumably, black people.
>>
>>43415393
Pretty much just that, that we know of. It's the origin of both the dwarfs and the Nehekharans, so there could also be some nifty ancestor shit there.
>>
>>43415934
I know that the Nehekarans originated there, considering that there is that Vampiric city along the eastern coastline somewhere, but did the Dwarfs actually originate from there?

I thought they were inserted directly into the World Edge mountains?
>>
>>43415969
I'll have to look through my books to find the line, but I am almost completely positive that the dwarfs originated in the Southlands and snaked their way up the Worlds Edge Mountains and founded their first holds during the time of Grugni, Grimnir and Valaya.
>>
File: 1441574598910.jpg (341 KB, 1145x1620) Image search: [Google]
1441574598910.jpg
341 KB, 1145x1620
>>43415969
>>43416021
Found it. 7th edition Dwarfs army book.
>>The first dwarfs migrated northward from their ancestral homelands in the southern part of the Worlds Edge Mountains. This all happened so long ago that it is impossible to say exactly when the dwarfs began their journey or how long it took them to reach the lands they now inhabit.

The Worlds Edge Mountains extend all the way from the Sea of Chaos to the very southern tip of the Southlands, so I can only assume they came from somewhere in that part of the world.
>>
>>43416114
What was the Dwarven hold in the South named again? And wasn't it just a rip off of el dorado?
>>
>>43418136
Karak Zorn. It's apparently rich with gold and ivory, but contact with the hold was lost centuries ago. Nobody knows what happened to it, but savage orcs and near-feral lizardmen surround it. It's the stuff of legend and hyperbole.
>>
>>43415969
Got a sauce on the vampiric city? Sounds neat
>>
File: map-the-old-world.jpg (1 MB, 3016x2080) Image search: [Google]
map-the-old-world.jpg
1 MB, 3016x2080
>>43418509
Lahmia and further down the east coastline are all Vampire cities.

>>43418211
Ah. Chur.
>>
>>43416114
>Dorf player since 1994.
>Nothing is left.

I am dying of nostalgia.
>>
>>43419138
It lives on in us.
>>
>>43396945
>3rd party

Just buy them from bits resselers, bitsworld is a good place to find them in lots of 20.

>>43402945
I've heard people play it on vassal and virtual table top.

>>43404018
Why isn't Z responding to my emails, neither is CCON for that matter.
I just want to buy some bolt throwers and stormfiends.

>>43389042
You mean wildriders, wildriders are amazing and compete with dark elf warlocks for the best fast Calvary in the game.

>mfw 3 S5 armor piercing attacks on the charge that re roll 1 to wound if you're in a forest each.

Sisters of the thorn aren't exactly bad either though.
>>
Why so dead untermenches?
>>
>>43420121
Recasters can take a long time to respond to people. Typically the larger your order is the faster you'll get a response, but it's often a few days at minimum and commonly over a week or two. Give it time and don't pester them more than once every 2 weeks or so.
>>
[Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
Which FFG game is better for someone new to the setting
>>
>>43421244
You'll learn a lot more from Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay than Invasion or Chaos in the Old World but all three are great and don't require prior knowledge, though you'll certainly get more out of them if you have it.
>>
>>43421867
I already RP, but my friends want a game to get into for a taste
>>
File: Invasion by Daarken.jpg (204 KB, 1600x736) Image search: [Google]
Invasion by Daarken.jpg
204 KB, 1600x736
>>43422130
Hmmmm, I'd pick up Invasion then. Chaos in the Old World is fun but unbalanced in favor of Khorne, and Invasion has all kinds of content that can be added on. Lots of expansions and small boosters and stuff.
>>
>>43390141
I only got into Warhammer in 2007, who is that?
>>
File: L07A2753-130415-01.jpg (54 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
L07A2753-130415-01.jpg
54 KB, 1024x683
>>43422450
Old pic related
>>
So I have done some reading and I ran across something interesting. Half Daemons.

Be'lakor raped thousands of women from different races and fathered many children.
A Great Unclean One tried to rape and impregnate a woof elf woman in the Orion book
A Nurglite character in the End Times is a half daemon who was born from the "union" between his witch-mother and a Great Unclean one.
The True Beastmen in the south pole have no human blood in them. They are the spawn of beasts and daemons.

How is it possible for daemons who are energy creatures to impregnate mortal women?
>>
>>43422648

Because they seemingly become flesh and blood once they enter the mortal realm.
>>
>>43422648
They solidify themselves with the magic winds, once the seed is sown the mortal body will sustain the ethereal spirit as a faux soul.
>>
>>43422450
Azhag the Slaughterer. An Orc warboss who wore Nagash's Crown of Sorcery. It gave him the ability to cast spells from the Lore of Death and whispered him tactics. He was killed by a Grand Master of the Knights Panther.
>>
>>43422686
>>43422700

Yeah, but does the genetics work? The thought of daemonic sperm is both hilarious and horrifying.
>>
>>43422756

We don't know because someone at GW decided in the very beginning that fuck details was a good policy.
>>
In End Times Khaine, all the Elven Kings rose from the grave to fight for their people one more time. All them except Aenarion. The stated reason behind this is that he owed nothing to his people.

What does that mean?
>>
>>43422756
Fuck genetics, we've got magic, being around it enough can make you sprout fire breathing pimples, creating something small and wiggltmy usnt thst hard.
>>
>>43422816

Probably that he had already done more than enough for them.

Alternatively, he wasn't part of the deception that denied Malekith the throne.
>>
>>43422816
I haven't read End Times because it's a bucket of shit, but I can imagine because he lost his wife and his children (or so he thought) and drew the Sword of Khaine. He made a huge sacrifice, both that of his own life and his bloodline. Aenarion already gave so much when he and Indraugnir died on the Blighted Isle.
>>
>>43422848
I still think it's an absolute crock of shit that Malekith was supposedly the 'true king'. It just doesn't make sense.

>>43422756
Huh. The possibility of Daemonic sperm being a thing is hilarious on multiple levels.
>>
>>43422966
>Implying the lore didn't hint Malekith was the one true king

The Dark Elf books always said there was something fishy in the flames that day.
>>
>>43423017
To be fair, all the army books have their own bias. It isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility that Malekith was meant to be the Phoenix King, but to claim that the High Elves put a hex on the flames is like when the politician you voted for didn't win and you blame the guy who did.
>>
>>43423017
True, but I dislike it on the grounds of how they established the difference between the Dark Elves and High Elves.

To the Druchi, the worship of Khaine and the rule of Malekith is basically one in the same, with the rule of strength basically ensuring that the strongest person is in power with no challenges that can be placed before them. With the Asur, the worship of Asuryan is basically the difference in civility between the two, in that his rule is by the divine right of kingship and the blessings of the gods, rather than the simple strength of the individual in question, which lent itself into a neat discussion over the ideological differences between the Druchi and Asur.
>>
File: 1356979474064.jpg (219 KB, 960x1023) Image search: [Google]
1356979474064.jpg
219 KB, 960x1023
>>
>>43422966

>I still think it's an absolute crock of shit that Malekith was supposedly the 'true king'. It just doesn't make sense.

He was the true king in the sense that he at least attempted to enter the flames unprotected, but was too weak and had to bail out. The Phoenix Kings that followed didn't even attempt to do what Aenarion succeeded in doing or Malekith attempted to.

To me it comes off as a better and more nuanced explanation than him simply not being pure enough. Malekith was a good guy at one point and he only became evil through a combination of his own failings and Morathi's manipulations. Funny how he finally becomes kind after telling her to fuck off.

In light of remembering this, I'm going to say that the reason Aenarion didn't return is because he had already done enough for the Elves.
>>
>>43423229
I'd argue as I said before anon
>>43423073
Malekith not being the actual Phoenix King and his reaction to not being said king is interesting in that it provides the basis for the actual ideological split between Asur and Druchi in the first place, and while the argument can be made that at least he tried, I still don't think he was actually worthy of being the king, because if so, it just makes Asuryan an utter prick at best, what with the condoning of slavery, mass civil war and other such nastiness, and nothing but an expy of Khaine at worse.
>>
>>43423356
>it just makes Asuryan an utter prick at best, what with the condoning of slavery, mass civil war and other such nastiness, and nothing but an expy of Khaine at worse.

Elves are dicks, didn't you get the memo?
Besides, since drawing the blade the bloodlines been cursed.
>>
>>43423356
>it just makes Asuryan an utter prick at best, what with the condoning of slavery, mass civil war and other such nastiness, and nothing but an expy of Khaine at worse.

The thing is....

Asuryan is a pragmatic sort and is willing to do whatever it takes to combat Chaos and ensure the Elven cycle continues on.

Khaine is the selfish sort that commits horrible acts for no other purpose than his own pleasure.
>>
>>43423356

>it just makes Asuryan an utter prick at best, what with the condoning of slavery, mass civil war and other such nastiness

I don't recall Asuryan ever being said to be a strictly benevolent god and I believe he actually encompassed both good and evil.

Why I think he waited around for Malekith is part pragmatism as the Anon above stated and part that Malekith was the only one besides Aenarion who tried going through the fire unprotected. If another Phoenix King had eschewed magical protection before walking through the flames, he very well may have chosen them.

Malekith also did sort of change for the better once he became Phoenix King, granted this was probably because, and I believe the book even affirms this, he realized the HE were not going to put up with the shit he pulled as Witch King.
>>
>dat idiots and newcomer who still calls highborn and dark exiles "high and dark elves"
kek
>>
Alright so I'm planning in making a small 500 point Skaven army. Should it be under the Age of Sigmar rules or edition 8? Have not been into this hobby for over 8 years.
>>
>>43424190
AoS.
>>
>>43424190
Sixth edition.

Really though, make it for the actual game with rules and you can use it in AoS just fine since that game has no point values or force organisation rules.
>>
>>43424017
Dont you have somhrwre else to be trying to convince people a Nagash is equal to 10 shavenslaves?
>>
A quick question about lore, if I may.
How does Chaos work in warhammer fantasy?
Does any of the 40k stuff (the four gods and such) have any basis in fantasy, or are they different "universes" altogether?
>>
>>43424304
The gods are mostly the same though a bit more diverse most if them have slightly positive aspects as well.

Khirne being about honourable combat as well as bloody butchery.
>>
>>43424311
Malekith was burned and his ancestor drew the swird of khaine well before AoS.
>>
>>43424318
Thank you, kind anon.

Also, any chance of Sigmar being the Emprah?
>>
>>43424326
It's AoS fluff (AoS prequel) so go to AoS general.
>>
>>43424349
/thread
>>
>>43424349
Fuck off.
It's core Fantasy lore so kindly go eat shit and die.

>>43424334
No.
Mostly the same role though.
>>
>>43424369
Again, thank you.
>>
>>43424369
>End Times
>It's core Fantasy lore!

no
>>
>>43424381
Malekith has been a burn victim since the early years Delves hit fantasy.
>>
>>43424389
Yeah, but the entire fucking conversation above has been treating the topic like End Times has been around since when DE hit fantasy.
>>
>>43424389
>Malekith has been a burn victim since the early years Delves hit fantasy.
Nope, he was abbadon for elves (eternal enemy). Go back to your general.
>>
>>43424450
not the other guy, but...

i got into fantasy in 2001, malekith was charred back then, too
>>
>>43424318
>Khirne being about honourable combat as well as bloody butchery.
This comes up regularly. Followers of Khorne may have a martial code of honor or something like that. But Khorne himself doesn't care at all as long as you keep spilling blood in his name how you do it.
>>
>>43424480
Hi Ward.
>>
File: MalekithSacredFlame.jpg (28 KB, 382x854) Image search: [Google]
MalekithSacredFlame.jpg
28 KB, 382x854
>>43424492
i honestly don't get what the fuck you're on about

here's a picture of malekith from the 6th edition army book, from 2001
>>
>>43424511
So? How it makes him victim if before 8th ed. it was described as "Malekith was lusting for power mommy-boy who was burned for that and turns into chaos-elf"?
>>
>>43424516
a victim of what?

he can be burned AND lust for power
>>
>>43424525
>he can be burned AND lust for power
Oh Ward, you didn't even try.
>>
>>43424531
what are you even trying to say?
>>
>>43424450
>Nope, he was abbadon for elves
He became that after trying to take the throne and getting burnt to a fucking crisp.
>>
>>43424532
Return to your general.
>>
>>43424541
So? Just as Abbadon once noble warrior was corrupted by entire darkness and Chaos.
>>
File: 94pS1ZO.jpg (40 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
94pS1ZO.jpg
40 KB, 349x642
>>43424543
Right listen up, son

Malekith was a High Elf prince. After Aenarion, his father, died, Malekith expected the throne to pass to him. The other princes passed him over in favour of someone else, can't remember his name.

Malekith abided by the decision for a while, but then lured all the princes to the Shrine of Asuryan, murdered them, then walked into the Flame of Asuryan to prove he was worthy, but surprisingly enough fire burns.

Cue the civil war, Malekith eventually love, and he and his followers flee to Naggoroth.

This is all coming from the 6th edition army book by Gav Thorpe. So fuck up.
>>
>>43424570
Yep, but he never was "lolheisjustavictim", only in AoS-prequel.
>>
>>43423070
I think the issue is less "there was a hex on the flames" and more "it was supposed to hurt EVERYONE like it hurt him, but the others after him cheated"
>>
>>43424318
The WHFB and 40k gods aren't any different. Actually, the ONLY piece of lore about Khorne being what most'd consider honorable (him sending flesh hounds to hunt down those who murder a helpless innocent) comes from a 40k publication, Renegades 2e for Adeptus Titanicus (sp).

I'd also argue that Chaos is sometimes less of a doozy in 40k than WHFB -- you wind up in the same place, but there's no direct analog (in terms of it just being chaos corruption) to Chaos Warriors, where you lose your memories.
>>
>>43424588
>AoS-prequel

... yeah so "Warhammer", which is what this fucking thread is, you nugget

>>43424589
Every other king was unharmed because they used protective spells
>>
>>43424609
>... yeah so "Warhammer", which is what this fucking thread is, you nugget
Nice try GW. Again, you have your own general, so go back, and discuss Age of Sigmar prequel there.
>>
>>43424635
I'm actually not sure you've realized this is WHFB general. AOS General is over there >>43423855
>>
>>43424635
End Times is in the opening post twice, so ET is relevant here.
>>
>>43424650
baka

the dude is a fucking pants on head retard
>>
>>43424650
So go back to AoS-general, and discuss AoS.
>>
>>43424662
what exactly is AoS in this thread?
>>
>>43424655
ET is part of AoS fluff.
>>
>>43424667
Nothing, but you trying to turn thread into AoS-general.
>>
>>43424668
I'd have to take your word on it, but we do know for a fact that they are books for the WHFB setting and have rules for WHFB and not AoS, ie they're relevant to WHFB more than AoS.
>>
>>43424673
Nope. Malekith being burned was part of the WFHB universe. That is a cold hard fact.
>>
>Recently got into Warhammer after seeing Doomwheel model in my local gamestore
>Literally no experience, played MTG as my /tg/ game of choice
>Decided to pick up a box of Skaven Clan rats to see if I actually enjoy making them
>Had a blast, decided doing the painting when I get the chance this week
>Go in to gamestore to get paints
>Hear an argument about AoS vs FB and why AoS is aids

So do I continue building Skaven in the hopes that people will want to play FB instead of AoS?

Because this is really confusing...

Is it also okay just to buy models for the sake of them looking cool? Cause god damn Lizard men looking fucking awesome.
>>
>>43424694
There are probably more WHFB players today than there were at any point in time before, for what its worth.
>>
>>43424694
>>43424694
>Is it also okay just to buy models for the sake of them looking cool? Cause god damn Lizard men looking fucking awesome.
Nobody can stop you, do what the fuck you want.
Many players collect models and hoard entire armies without ever playing just because they like building, painting and having these nice little miniatures.
>>
>>43424694

Skaven are present in both systems, so there isn't any reason you couldn't buy them and play whatever.
>>
>>43424694
>Is it also okay just to buy models for the sake of them looking cool?
absolutely. Great way to improve your painting too.
Painting three different models is gonna teach you more than painting thirty identical ones.
>>
>>43424694
Funnily enough as part of their attempt to make excuses for their shitty rules GW claimed only 20% of model sales are for wargaming purposes.

So go ahead, be part of the 80% if you just want to buy the models for their own sake.
>>
>>43424678
>it, but we do know for a fact that they are books for the WHFB setting
Nope< it's just prequel for AoS.
>and have rules for WHFB
>bring everything what you want
>rules
Yeah, sure GW.
>>
>>43424694
>So do I continue building Skaven in the hopes that people will want to play FB instead of AoS?
In this case nope, totally nope, WHFB is dead.
>>
>>43425006
Don't be stupid, people are still playing it.

GW cannot stop people having fun with the game even though they killed it for crap nobody likes.
>>
>>43424998
Oh fuck off, you.
>>
>>43425251
>Don't be stupid, people are still playing it.
Minority, if in his area people prefer AoS it will never changed on WHFb anymore.
>>
>>43425289
How about no, go to your general,
>>
>>43425838
>this fucking thread
Holy shit, /tg/, stop replying to bait.

In other news, picked up a bastiladon. I have mixed feelings about geedubs as a company, but goddamn if their minis aren't amazing. I really like the details on the ark and the engine, and the handprint with the extra finger is great.
>>
>>43426092
>but goddamn if their minis aren't amazing
Of course AoS, but you can talked about this in your thread, not here.
>>
>>43426092
Any advice on Ark vs Engine on the bastilodon? I wanna say engine is better because of the range, and the ark relies too much on dice luck to get enough range, and +1 initiative is never a bad thing.
>>
So much embed.
>>
>>43426265
Just based off experience playing against LIzards, engine just seems more practical because you don't have to commit your swarms and it's a constant threat that can eat the attention of a caster all game
>>
>>43426265
http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/the-8e-lizardmen-handbook-updated-november-2nd-2014.13130/

Check the Bastiladon section
>>
Ethical question. Is it justified to purchase models WFB models from recasters now that the game is no longer in publication?
>>
>>43427003
Not any more than it was before I think. Child labor is child labor. How you feel about that is up to you though.
>>
File: warm.jpg (97 KB, 750x439) Image search: [Google]
warm.jpg
97 KB, 750x439
Anyone know if there is a Warmaster recaster out there? I cant live with these beautiful miniatures slowly fading away into obscurity.
>>
>>43428863
I wish I'd gotten into Warmaster when I had the chance. It always seemed like neat.
>>
>>43428863
I've heard of one, but the guy keeps it low and doesn't sell online. So it won't be any help to you.
>>
>>43428765
>now imagining bastiladons as a product of child labor and the swarms as child soldiers
A bit fucked but I got a chuckle
>>
>>43429179

I know that feel

>>43429231

Well shit, that seems the be story of the few warmaster recasters I have heard about.
>>
>>43429340
Your best bet is to learn to do it yourself or scour the LGS scene and hope.
I know one guy was selling from leddit once upon a time, but I have no idea what became of that
>>
File: 382px-Malekith.jpg (227 KB, 1140x1532) Image search: [Google]
382px-Malekith.jpg
227 KB, 1140x1532
Daily reminder that Malekith is the Eldar version of Oedipus.
>>
>Endhammer Discussion:

Say the End Times were averted at the last minute by Valten managing to kill Archaon (and dying in the process) and Thanquol pulling... a Thanquol and blasting half of the Chaos Horde for refusing to give him enough credit/respect. In return for their failure, the Skaven never teleport to the moon -- rather, the Horned Rat angrily obliterates Skavenblight as punishment.

Where would you like to see the Skaven go next? How do they reform? Which of their leaders survive? where does thanquol run? Currently, Endhammer has them going to and inhabiting plague-ridden Karak Kadrin for the new Council of 13, but I'm not a Skaven expert and I'm open to all ideas.
>>
Anyone saw the 9th age rules and army books yet? They must have popped up this weekend.

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?simple-page/
>>
Another bit for Endhammer -- tempted to make a role for the characters of Victor Saltzpyre and Markus Kruber in the world of Endhammer.
>>
>>43430479
Clans splinter and in fight for a while under rule of [insert seer here] until [insert Rat here] unites them again
Thanquol hides somewhere in the north to repeat the process
>>
>>43430114
except that he fucked his mother knowingly
>>
>>43430643
>>Thanquol hides under the covers of his bed hoping his angry parents don't see him
Fixed.
>>
File: q7GYaSr.jpg (226 KB, 1800x2400) Image search: [Google]
q7GYaSr.jpg
226 KB, 1800x2400
>>43430866
>Implying you wouldn't if your mom was so hot.
>>
>>43430479
Do something with them in Nippon, if they still have some forces over there.

>>43430866
>Not wanting to fuck Morathi
>>
File: morathi.jpg (2 MB, 3508x1840) Image search: [Google]
morathi.jpg
2 MB, 3508x1840
>>43430866
>not wanting to fucking Morathi
>>
>>43431563
>>nipples covered
Well she's feeling modest today.
>>
A few of my friends wanted to get together to play Mordheim again, but we don't have a place to play, the only game store in the area I know of is a Games Workshop, anyone have any suggestions?
There's five of us and it's in the San Francisco area if that helps, I'm new around here so I have no idea where to even look
>>
>>43428525
It's basically the same as before really. They're still selling the same models (more or less) and expecting to make their money off of that. If you wanted to buy a bunch of square bases from a recaster though that's probably slightly more legit than it was previously? I'm not opposed to it in either case.

>>43428863

It's not hard to learn how to do it yourself, especially for a simple figure like the ones in the pic. Problem is selling them, which is easily bustable without international protection. If you can find a second hand one on ebay or something, it's easy enough to make a bunch for cheap.
>>
>>43432790
get a kitchen table and some fucking cardboard

you could probably use GW tables if the manager isn't an asshole, but I seriously doubt they'd have the terrain density necessary for good mordheim
>>
>>43432900
Apartment is too small, it was mostly a roundabout way of asking if GW stateside allows people to even play specialist games at their tables
>>
>>43432948
Have you looked at the digital version?
>>
>>43430479
Too borring, need something, something which changed status quo without world destruction.
>>
>>43435505
The world isn't destroyed.
>>
>>43436470
I mean, if you try to wrote your own fangic, it should something more than "nah Archaon was just beaten by Valten".
>>
File: blizzard_game_logo.jpg (75 KB, 1439x900) Image search: [Google]
blizzard_game_logo.jpg
75 KB, 1439x900
Why so dead oldman?
>>
>>43440759
Just a fad
>>
>>43440782
Nah it's reality.
>>
File: this is you.jpg (18 KB, 425x404) Image search: [Google]
this is you.jpg
18 KB, 425x404
>>43440893
>>
>>43440917
At least you admite the fsct that you became minority even amnog your small community
>>
>>43430114
Daily reminder that Fantasy lore is just the prequel to AoS and as such its discussion is only allowed in the AoS general.
>>
>>43441825
You keep using prequel. I don't think it means what you think it means.
>>
File: 1243023009958.jpg (32 KB, 449x502) Image search: [Google]
1243023009958.jpg
32 KB, 449x502
Stop replying to the troll.
>>
File: 1441576346230.jpg (345 KB, 1280x909) Image search: [Google]
1441576346230.jpg
345 KB, 1280x909
>>43441987
Indeed.
>>
>>43421218
It's been a month but my order is aroud $200 at best, I'll keep my fingers crossed in the mean time.

>>43422648
Gw just dropped the ball, for a while there they were really into the !not science but ward era gw went entirely for rule of autistic.
>>
File: 1436713095_272209244.jpg (126 KB, 600x780) Image search: [Google]
1436713095_272209244.jpg
126 KB, 600x780
>>43441987
My prequel brother, please.
>>
>>43436622
It's not as simple as that, but if you'd like to read the Endhammer story, it's in the link in the OP.
>>
So did anyone else see this BoLS article?

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/11/fantasy-not-dead-whats-going-on-at-black-library.html

Looks like WHFB might be coming back soon, at least in some capacity.

Opinions? thoughts?
>>
>>43444447
GW is gonna keep selling merchandise and licenses for the IP as long as they can. Doesn't mean they'll produce new minis or bring out new rules for it though.
>>
>>43444447
>Opinions? thoughts
D -delusions.
It's about BoLS.
>>
>>43430606
Empire is pretty cool with it's order but fuck Knights with Halbard
>>
>>43444673
What's wrong with halberd Knights?
>>
File: doubt.gif (555 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
doubt.gif
555 KB, 500x500
>>43430606
>9th age
>>
File: Wizz et Wig by Yogh-Art.png (381 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
Wizz et Wig by Yogh-Art.png
381 KB, 620x620
>>
>>43444799
It doesn't make sense on a normal horse?
>>
I started collected a NG army not that long ago. now with the AoS ruleset, is it worth it continuing and playing with the new rules?
>>
>>43446187
How about some actual criticism against it instead of posting tranny bitch monkeys?
>>
>>43446307
Oh mounted
Yeah in That case
Like using two hand weapons doesn't work mounted
>>
Are Chaos Dwarves back? I don't understand, can't find they supposed new army book anywhere or any models...
>>
>>43447082
It's alright. Of the four armies I play I only dislike Dark Elves, excuse me Dread Elves..and only slightly. I hope their get their shit together soon and publish some non-beta rules. I don't want to play rules that change every two weeks (TAC, pre-beta, now beta, ???, ???, ???, full release)..
>>
>>43447100
Demigryphs just in total are stupid as hell.
>>
>>43447189
For the models you will need forge world and/or mantic, for the rules you can find them in the forge world book thamurkan the throne of chaos, the ones you find now downloadable on forge world site are for age of sigmar, I don't know if FW still sells the book honestly, a pdf is in the resources in the OP anyway.
>>
>>43447506
They don't bother me as much as when they got released, I find more unappealing the multiple conversions for the order of the white wolf riding giant wolves; at least demigryphs have that glamour of being awesomely stupid, like only giant colorful chickens can be or halfling nobles riding similarly big black cocks.
>>
>>43448289

>I don't know if FW still sells the book honestly

They stopped selling both Tamurkhan and Monstrous Arcanum a while ago, long before AoS.
>>
>>43449237
Is it dumb that I'd actually pay money for a bunch of Halfling 'knights' mounted on giant chickens, or ponies if need be?

That seems exactly like the kind of dumb unit you'd actually find in WHFB.
>>
>>43449237
>like only giant colorful chickens can be
>>
>>43451674
They are kinda cute.
>>
>>43447413
Then don't and wait until release.
What's the problem with making several releases so people can chime in and give feedback?
>>
>>43428863
Actually, is there some sort of community like with Epic for Warmaster? Epic has gotten a nice black market on that keeps the miniatures alive, would be a shame if Warmaster just fell through the cracks entirely.
>>
>>43446990
Asking for an opinion on Age of Sigmar in a WHFB thread is like asking what people think of hitler in a synagogue.
>>
>>43452431
Pretty much.

If you want to play Night Gobbos, play them with 8th Edition, 9th Age or KoW.
>>
>>43452156
Not that I've ever heard of, but I haven't gone looking
>>
Where does one start with the story or lore of Warhammer Fantasy? Any links?
>>
>>43453256
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!QMgEkZxC
This has a lot of the old army books where you can find lore. The newer army books are there too. If you're interested, you can check out some of the Black Library books like the Nagash, Sigmar and War of Vengeance series if you want some history. It would help explain why the Warhammer world is why it is.
>>
>>43453256
I started by playing the video games. You can pick up the basics from those and see if the flavor is something you enjoy. For more in-depth information I'd go next to the BRB, the Big Red Book, specifically the 8th edition core rulebook. There's a thorough fluff primer in there, though just like with 40k lore it's portrayed as more extreme in the core book than elsewhere for some reason. Army books have lore for each respective army, with each edition touching on slightly different material. And there's novels of course.
>>
>>43453366
Thank you good sir.
>>
>>43453366
Truly my friend, you are a god amongst men
>>
File: Wardancer Lord by Ana.jpg (171 KB, 500x2312) Image search: [Google]
Wardancer Lord by Ana.jpg
171 KB, 500x2312
>>
>>43387315
So after my GURPS game ends, which still could be a while. I'm thinking of running a WFRP game.

Any tips?
>>
>>43456515
Read through Sigmar's Heirs, since your first campaign will most likely be set in the Empire. Get all the other books, especially Old World Armoury, Realms of Sorcery and Tome of Salvation. Career Compendium is great too and you should let them choose their careers.
>>
>>43456566
Alright, thanks.

I got all of that from the link I think.
>>
Is there any of WE player and modelist?
>>
>>43457353
What the fuck are you trying to ask?

>>43424694
Ask what your local tourney scene is like, if it's still active you'll have a chance to meet other fantasy players and get games in.
>>
>>43457397
>What the fuck are you trying to ask?
I need guy who paint WE army, have a question about some models.
>>
>>43456515
>Any tips?
Invite me
>>
>>43453366
Fucking choice mate.
>>
>tfw using sisters of the thorn as dark elf whorelocks and kinda mad you don't get something as crazy as wild riders
>>
>>43458358
The only one things was crazy in Wild Riders, deer norns.
Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.