[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sexual Horror
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: Silent Hill 2.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Silent Hill 2.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
Sexual horror: undoubtedly potent, and used both overtly and subtly to great effect in literature, cinema and even video games.

But honestly, for a moment - can it be done in tabletop roleplaying? I mean, I can think of a few games which include (or at least claim to include) themes of sexual horror but can anyone here even remotely imagine a real-life gaming group which would be able to deal with the subject without things going a billion ways of wrong?
>>
>>43379530
Aliens. Play an Aliens game, see how it goes.
>>
I can imagine a group like that. After all, some Scandinaviand had written the Gang Rape RPG and played it.
>>
had a great gm who tried it. it was ruined by "that guy" just calling them penis monsters. if your group "breaks" a lot you're not gonna scare any one
>>
Lover in the Ice for Delta Green is handled similarly to Alien.
>>
File: dopprl.jpg (71 KB, 540x900) Image search: [Google]
dopprl.jpg
71 KB, 540x900
Monsterhearts is probably the best PbtA game and has both sex and horror in it. Maybe not sexual horror, although it might.
>>
What kind of sexual horror are we talking about here? It's an extremely wide definition. Are you talking H.R. Giger penis monsters? The depravities of which humans are capable? The reflections of a remorseful rapist? Being seduced by a 12 years old girl and knowing it's wrong? Being abused by a powerful, sexually dominant figure? Being castrated? Literature's been all those places and more.
>>
Vampire the Masquerade does have "hymen blood collection strapon rape" pictures and the like.
>>
My character fucked a mindflayer chick. That was pretty horrifying.
>>
>>43385622
>Being seduced by a 12 years old girl and knowing it's wrong?

>2015
>Being a normie
>>
>>43379530
What the fuck is sexual horror even, other than exploitation of the "women are wonderful" syndrome?
>>
>>43387075
Hey, Diana from Rule of Rose was fucking terrifying.
>>
>>43387190
I wish more games made such excellent use of subtle, psychological horror. It's nothing short of amazing how much can be done with the right combination of writing, cinematography, and musical context.

If Rule of Rose came out today Diana would be dressed in bondage gear with D-cup boobs showing all the way out and talking to Jennifer with her legs spread open. Instead, they got a far, far greater effect from such barely noticeable moments as when she lifts her skirt just a tiny bit too high when she bows, or the way she kisses the tip of Meg's finger. Or that indescribable, nearly Satanic look in her eyes, for that matter.

Rule of Rose was a good game.
>>
>>43387368
Also

>yfw you realize that the blink and you'll miss it bandages on her thighs are probably from how violently Mr. Hoffman molested her
>>
File: Bloodsucker.jpg (415 KB, 738x509) Image search: [Google]
Bloodsucker.jpg
415 KB, 738x509
I'm about to run Lover in the Ice for my group that does Delta Green. I expect it to seriously creep them out and make some of them downright uncomfortable.
>>
>>43387062
Did the mindflayer chick ever recover?
>>
>>43387368
I didn't... know what i wanted to think of rule of rose, but i remember that i played it as a kid and it confused me. I remember two bits distinctly.

The first was the raw stupidity of the main character herself. She would never defend herself, never climb a fence or open a window to get the hell out of dodge, or never just beat down those sadistic kids. It felt as if she was walking into and accepting a lot of these tortures, and in my memory sits stronger than the part in earthbound when you decide to give up your body parts in a boss fight. It was just this sick welcoming of oblivion.

The other isn't really a spoiler, but it involved a bag of bugs and those that have played know the scene. The whole bit wasn't about pain or loss, but an entirely different feeling of impending doom and the dread of unavoidable discomfort. It can still nauseate me today.

I think of playing the game again from time to time, but feel that its something that really sits better in memory. I probably wouldn't be shaken at all by it in the same way by now. Plus everybody i've spoken of it to seems to think its complete garbage, so I'll just let it rest as a memory.
>>
>>43387538
>The first was the raw stupidity of the main character herself. She would never defend herself, never climb a fence or open a window to get the hell out of dodge, or never just beat down those sadistic kids. It felt as if she was walking into and accepting a lot of these tortures, and in my memory sits stronger than the part in earthbound when you decide to give up your body parts in a boss fight. It was just this sick welcoming of oblivion.

That's intentional. Rule of Rose is very, very, very strongly a game about helplessness, not just in the face of danger but also emotionally. It's about submissiveness and the horror it brings. Jennifer is a ragdoll. All her life she's been played with by everyone around her. During the events of the game, she's still being played with, sometimes almost literally (the Red Crayon Aristocrats effectively say as much). It's even a part of the gameplay: Jennifer herself can only survive by relying on Brown to defend her. On her own, she's dead meat. It's only in the very final moments of the game that Jennifer for the very first time takes the initiative and saves herself (shooting Stray Dog), and those who interpret the game as a representation of her internal struggle coming into terms with the 1930 massacre believe that it indicates her having finally absolved herself and moved on with her life (and indeed, the ending cinematic shows her finally, physically leaving the orphanage she came to reminisce in).

I personally think it's a great game, but it's not for everyone and it most definitely isn't for people looking for a "fun" gameplay experience. It's survival horror on par with games like Amnesia, but with a very different tone. I actually think if they ever made a remake, it might benefit from being done in the style of games like Heavy Rain or Until Dawn. Just make away with most of the gameplay entirely, leave the investigation and story bits and make the rest pure cinematic. It's a better story than a game.
>>
>>43387591
Huh. Well, it is the 31st. I think I'll dig it out of storage and give it a go, if only for a bit of familiar discomfort. Cheers anon.
>>
>>43387368
>>43387382
>>43387538
>>43387591
>>43387622

Jennifer has PTSD.
Diana has a borderline personality.
Eleanor is autistic.
Thomas is definitely autistic.
Wendy is a socipath.
Clara has even more PTSD than Jennifer.
Mr. Hoffman is a pedophile.
Stray Dog shows strong signs of schizophrenia.
>>
Here's an idea of something that would work in sexual horror maybe. Replace whatever monster you would normally have in a story with a woman who is absolutely confident that she's going to bear her target's child. Make her supernatural or not, but give her that movie serial killer determination.Make her stalk her target, an inescapable force like you would any other horror monster, but instead of threats of violence she just really wants to have the dudes (or chicks?) baby. Having a child with somebody is arguably the most intimate thing you can do so having it twisted into a horrible anxiety of having that intimacy forced upon you. Especially since having a child usually requires a person to devote the rest of their life to it.

Alternatively, though I worry this might dip a bit too much into fetish fuel (though this is a sexual horror thread so I guess it fits), you can have a woman who turns her victims into her children like some kind of horrific unbirth absorption kind of deal. Take the purity of motherhood and twist it into something sinister. Maybe throw in some de-aging to throw in the feelings of depowerment and helplessness.

Heck you could probably take any of the really fucking weird fetishes and throw them into a horror setting. They'll freak most people out, and if you do it right they'll freak out people with that fetish even more.
>>
>>43387660
Yeah, I was talking to someone about it and I said in videogames or moves horror can be very visual, but for rpg or literature is has to be something that fucks with your head, or stuff that is very traumatic in real life. So things like sexual horror work well, because that definitely fucks with people's heads.
>>
>>43387591
Actually, the guy who made the game wrote a very interesting article about something like that. He says he wrote the story to be about the role of the idealized woman (notice the girls' obsession with being "princesses", which is childish yet horrific), and the psychology behind it. Jennifer is, in a sense, such an idealized woman.

She's also fucking useless and her life is one long string of horrific misfortunes as she's toyed with by just about everyone else in her life.
>>
File: 1411638749967.jpg (58 KB, 424x451) Image search: [Google]
1411638749967.jpg
58 KB, 424x451
>>43386010
Ill need a source for that
I bet it was 90's tizmisce art
>>
>>43387692
>>43387692
I'm actually reminded of a screen cap somebody did of a 'friendly' motherly succubus who wanted to 'adopt' the party. She spent her time being helpful to the party with the only aggressive act she took on them was mental coercion. She just fled any time they attempted to attack her. She ended up adopting the entire world in the end.

There's probably fuel for a horror monster there. A being that constantly helps the party despite the fact that it means an ill fate for them and they can't directly harm it.
>>
>>43379530

Fatal Frame has a lot of sexual horror, but not in the usual sense. Like, all the games are about the horrific sacrifice of young women. And usually, the reason why things are so fucked is not because the sacrifice was cruel and evil, but because the sacrifice was *necessary*...And it was botched.

Fatal Frame III, which is about suicide - and has a particularly nasty ritual involving crucifixion - and Fatal Frame V, which is about longing and regret (But is way more erotic) are both good examples.
>>
In my restless dreams,
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised me you would take me back one day, but...
You never did.
Well, I'm all alone there now.
In our special place....

Is it even worth saying that Silent Hill 2 is a fuggin mehstapeece, or is that already obvious?
>>
>>43387660
Hi Alma
>>
>>43379530
Sexual horror doesn't work in tabletop because of the "everyone should be comfortable" meme. If I wanted a monster to hump a PC to death, half the table would go full tumblr triggered, and the other half would spew "le magical realm"

Anything sexual doesn't work with the sex-starved
>>
This thread has giving me a lot of spooky things to think about
>>
madotsuki was raped
>>
File: UltimateSuccubutt.png (117 KB, 1326x1224) Image search: [Google]
UltimateSuccubutt.png
117 KB, 1326x1224
>>43387777
This one?

But yeah, horror in tabletop probably works best when it's psychological and makes people think it's fucked up, because without a visual medium having a monster pop up and attack isn't very scary (well, you can still make it scary with the correct atmosphere; making the players stuck somewhere while being stalked by a monster that can easily kill them does build tension). Sexual horror fits the bill very well, since it's something that does creep people out, but the problem is that if it's done wrong the whole thing can just be reduced into immature jokes that drain any seriousness from the scenario, or result in players assuming the GM is trying to force some kind of weird fetishes on them.
>>
>>43387660
Hah, literally FEAR 2 plot.
>>
>>43387536
Recover from what?
>>
>>43389226

Jesus Christ how boner inducing
>>
>>43387536
She recovered from the dicking if that's what you mean. It was my character that ended up worse for the wear, since he ended up as her minion/errand boy after, under threat of blackmail and nasty death.

I wish I could say it was a one time thing, but the DM was kind of an asshole at times. If nothing else though it definitely led to some interesting plot points and challenging but fun RP situations.
>>
>>43388210
It's funny, the first paragraph of May's letter pretty much sums up how I feel about silent hills. You promised you'd take us there again Konami, but you never did.
>>
>>43389907
God damn you auto correct why don't you know common names like mary?
>>
>>43379530
>can it be done in tabletop roleplaying

Probably not... it would be very awkward. Sexuality tends to be very private. With a book or film or even a game it's just between yourself and the medium, and you can enjoy it for whatever reasons work for you, or stop if it's not to your taste. Over tabletop it's now in the open, and you're probably going to hit the wrong notes for someone, if not everyone hitting the wrong notes for everyone else.
>>
>>43379530

If a male DM is doing is towards another guy?
Probably won't go well.

If a male DM is doing it towards a female player?
DON'T DO THIS.

If a female DM is doing it....?
Maybe?
>>
>>43379530
I don't think this is doable. Horror and sex are two hardest things to do right in a game.
>>
>>43390910
beta kek fuck off
>>
Just roll in the cenobites and you're good.
>>
>>43379530
>can it be done in tabletop roleplaying?
Yes.

>can anyone here even remotely imagine a real-life gaming group which would be able to deal with the subject
Yes. But I wouldn't trust a group of strangers with it.
>>
>>43382777
"Roll to see if the Werewolf makes you inexplicably moist" is a shitty concept, and Monsterhearts is a shitty system.

It's just fapbait for Twilight fans with blue-dyed hair and a weird conception of how pronouns work.

If there is such a thing as badwrongfun, Monsterhearts is right up there with FATAL in how to reach that level.
>>
>>43386010
I need some sauce on this. I've seen the weird fucking vagina scoop device from some weird splat like Milwaukee or something lame, but this just seems too fucked up even for White Wolf.
>>
>>43394132
>It's just fapbait for Twilight fans with blue-dyed hair and a weird conception of how pronouns work.

LOL
>>
>>43388359
What if your players are relatively normal people with sex lives?
>>
File: 1444360724384.png (241 KB, 811x352) Image search: [Google]
1444360724384.png
241 KB, 811x352
>>43385622
>not wanting to be teased by little masters
>>
>>43397141
Then it works
>>
>>43385622
Man, fuck Mon Seul
>>
>>43394132
>If there is such a thing as badwrongfun, Monsterhearts is right up there with FATAL in how to reach that level.
confirmed for newfaggot
>>
>>43400991
No he's right there is little more disturbing then a mechanic that states you can be attracted to somebody who your characters sexuality does not match up with

There is a bit of that in f.a.t.a.l of course but with all the depravity that's not the thing that gets to you in monster hearts it's just plain wrong feeling
>>
>>43387075
Even then the characters in those stories know it's wrong

Does not apply so much to role playing but still
>>
>>43401075
>missing the point this badly
>and still proving a retard even if you were really replying to what you think you're replying to
>>
>>43401114
>saying somebody is missing the point without explaining what that point is.

I will admit that that post read badly I should have constructed my sentences better.
>>
>>43379530
Slaanesh called.
>>
>>43379530
Just so everyone understands something quickly, Silent Hill isn't entirely "sexual horror". Team Silent had a goal in mind for how to terrify players, which was mixing and corrupting sex AND death, with an end game to terrorize the player psychologically. Huge fan of the games, but calling Silent Hill "sexual horror" is slightly misleading.

Back on topic, whether sexual or not, horror is just plain difficult to do in a TTRPG. But it is possible, you just need to know the difference in quality of horror themes, and go above and beyond your normal GM efforts to immerse your players in the game.

Stephen King said once that if he cannot terrorize his reader, he will horrify, and if he cannot do that, he would try to repulse or disgust them.

This is very telling, as I can't help but agree that the best way to do horror is to terrorize. Dread, the unknown, subtlety, isolation, doubt, etc. are all the most potent ways of doing horror. Usually, having your audience fill in the blanks is FAR more effective then letting them know exactly what they are looking at. I would say this is what Silent Hill, Alien, hell even recently with It Follows do so very well.

So you have to ask yourself when you do something that blends horror and sex. Are you sexually terrorizing, horrifying, or repulsing your players? Try to not just explain things, have sound effects at the ready, make them react quickly, make it feel foreign, something they wouldn't be used to seeing in the normal world. Isolate them, if you can. A good way to do this is while they sleep. Have an ever pressing feeling of dread on the entire party, like the moon in Majora's Mask, or Pyramid Head in Silent Hill 2.

And if you feel you did a good job with it, show your work here on /tg/. I'd be more then happy to read it over. There are some classic stories I've read from some VERY clever GMs here, like that one Mars campaign I read. Guy was so good, he got two of his PCs to just up and kill themselves.
>>
>>43403268
>There are some classic stories I've read from some VERY clever GMs here
Care to post some?
>>
>>43403307
If I had any. The one that sticks in my mind the most is the Mars campaign.

This psycho GM dimmed the lights, turned up the heat, forced them to wear gas masks, played this on loop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3fqE01YYWs , and a bunch of shit went down. Sure, I recall the end game of the GM a bit underwhelming, but man, he really put in the effort to make this as uncomfortable for his PCs as he possibly could, and I respect that drive.
>>
>>43401174
>being unable to believe you've made a bigger mistake than merely bad English
>>
>>43387368
>If Rule of Rose came out today Diana would be dressed in bondage gear with D-cup boobs showing all the way out and talking to Jennifer with her legs spread open. Instead, they got a far, far greater effect from such barely noticeable moments as when she lifts her skirt just a tiny bit too high when she bows, or the way she kisses the tip of Meg's finger. Or that indescribable, nearly Satanic look in her eyes, for that matter.
That's like saying if SH came out today, it would be different.
It wouldn't, anon, because that would indicate a total shift from the theme and idea of the game. It wouldn't be RoR, it would be something entirely different. Even then, it was clear the entire thing was supposed to be softly sexual with a clear coating of THIS IS WRONG attached.
>>
>>43403515
It wasn't just that one. He changed it up as he went along.
>>
File: vmnew12.gif (135 KB, 500x723) Image search: [Google]
vmnew12.gif
135 KB, 500x723
>>43394368
Montreal By Night, oWoD.

Enjoy!
>>
>>43407265
Yes, yes.
>>
File: 1393107022370.jpg (42 KB, 277x276) Image search: [Google]
1393107022370.jpg
42 KB, 277x276
>>43407265
Tip harder, queer. Those damsels in distress won't white-knight themselves
>>
File: 1445456222772.png (574 KB, 651x583) Image search: [Google]
1445456222772.png
574 KB, 651x583
Death? Death? You're gonna kill me? You're gonna fucking kill me?

Why? WHY? Because I fucked you? You fucked me! You fucked ME! You came to MY house! You came to ME!

I got you a car, I brought you your clothes, you took a fuckin' BUBBLE BATH! You wanted it! You wanted it! You came on to me!

What was I supposed to do? You sucked my cock, you both fucking sucked my cock! It was FREE PIZZA! Free fuckin' pizza! It just shows up at my fuckin' door!

What am I supposed to do? "We're flight attendants. Come on, fuck us! No one will know. Come on, fuck us!"

Oh, twosomes, threesomes. It doesn't matter! Starfish! Husbands! You don't give a fuck, you'll just fuck anything, you'll just fuck anything!

Well, you lied to me, I tried to help you! I let you in, I was a good guy, I'm a good father! And you just fucking fucked me!

What? Now, you're gonna kill me? You're gonna kill me? Why? Why? 'Cause you fucked me? What the fuck-FUCK-FUCK, this is fucking insane!
>>
File: Daniella.jpg (37 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
Daniella.jpg
37 KB, 500x800
>>43387368

sometimes, the sexiest thing, is something wholly unsexy
>>
>>43407409
Isn't that the psycho bitch who wants to cut out the Main Character's Uterus or something?
>>
>>43407409
Bad example picture.
>>
>>43403515
That story was fucking top-tier shit, I want that guy to post more of his campaigns.
>>
>>43407216
>That JUST haircut.
>>
>>43407216
90s were a simpler time for goths. This was like a normal Tuesday even if you weren't a vampire.
>>
>>43409896
She wants to kill her in general because she's jealous of her having a fertile womb.

Then she has sex with some glass.
>>
File: spookypreg.jpg (16 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
spookypreg.jpg
16 KB, 600x400
I once had a party member get pregnant with an Demon/Eldritch horror. I didn't definitely state it, she had just been impregnated at some point after being knocked out in a cults lair. I implied the pregnancy was unusual in a couple ways, but it otherwise seemed normal. They had no way of knowing if it was just a human or something else, and no safe way to abort it. 3-4 sessions were partly consumed by discussions about what to do. The cult had revolved around a prophecy about the apocalypse, so one party member thought that if they let it live it would kill everyone. The party "moral compass" or LG cleric said they couldn't just kill a human fetus while certainly harming their friend without knowing for sure. The pregnant character ended up being kinda defensive about it, she wanted it out but also refused to let the other characters "take action" because she didn't want to get killed somehow. I tried semi-successfully to get her to become attached to it by describing the growing thing in endearing ways. The CN warlock just wanted to see how it would play out.

Overall I think it was an interesting way to create friction in the party and some pretty potent body horror.

It ended with the character giving birth to a seemingly normal human baby. They all failed perception and will throws to see that it had small creepy features like a hidden set of eyelids and a small tail stump. They gave it to some nuns to deal with for the time being.

I'll probably have it come up later as a plot hook.
>>
>>43410088
>This was like a normal Tuesday even if you weren't a vampire.
I'm reminded of the time the FBI investigated the guy from nine inch nails because someone had watched some promotional VHS tape he did and was convinced it was a snuff film.

a lot of the low budget independent horror films of the 90s are ripe for stealing for horror.
>>
>>43410200
>Then she has sex with some glass.
wat
>>
>>43410429
Play the game. It's called Haunting Ground in English. Definitely worth it.
>>
>>43410473
No, I did. I just...didn't realize...stuff in that game.

I guess I was far too young. I know some Monk guy wanted to rape the main character, but I don't remember glass-sex.
>>
>>43410511
Go to YouTube and watch the cutscene of Daniella getting impaled by glass after you defeat her. Tell me that she isn't essentially having sex (and given her motivation and character, it's definitely, absolutely intentional in that instance).
>>
>>43410532
Will do, anon!

...sounds like my ex...

*shudder*

She had weird sexual problems too.
>>
>>43410532
>sex

Er...
Doesn't really look that way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynl7W5lJN18
>>
>>43410689
Clearly, you aren't a lit major.
>>
File: shatterer.jpg (156 KB, 623x756) Image search: [Google]
shatterer.jpg
156 KB, 623x756
>>43410700
Yes. Because clearly I want a job that doesn't pay shit.

But seriously, I do like symbolism, but the whole..off fertile-womb jealousy plus getting impaled by glass (which is sex) doesn't...

...something isn't clicking here.

Pic slightly related: wanted to post a pic of the Snuff Golem, but it's a tad NSFW
>>
>>43410913
>As a transformation fetishist, I've seen this tactic a lot in fiction: A SLOW change is builds more suspense than a sudden Poof.

Isn't that just, like...good body horror?
>>
Yes! I've done it before, to good effect. Ran a persona game, where the players weren't the first kids to learn about everything-there had been one girl, before them. And that girl's shadow was based around her repressed desire to torture-rape her closest friend. So when she gets into the shadow world, the monster chases after her, she flees, and then it hurts her as much as it can without killing her, repeat as desired.

The monsters's "boss area" was in a corner of a library, a reflection of the town's. It featured female mannequins , mannequins in BDSM gear, broken mannequins that bled, and broken bleeding mannequins in BDSM gear. Got worse as players progressed. The monster herself was huge, but blind; she relied on her ability to hear the PCs heartbeats, and stalked them between towering bookshelves. Lacking a lower body, she dragged herself by her claws, her entrails sliding after her.

Players found evidence of the monster first, the mannequins and trails of blood. Then came its speech, as it called to its lost "kitten" to come back and play with it. Then they see the thing itself, it rips its own face up as a way of casting berserk on itself, and combat initiates.

The magical girl game I run has a lot of fucked-up sexuality running under it as well, but I don't know if that's going to evolve into straight horror.
>>
>>43411690
>pic

Jesus Christ what even.
>>
File: 1445219114845.jpg (355 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1445219114845.jpg
355 KB, 1000x750
>>43411755
An absence of God
>>
>>43387660
This I can work with. If the character knocks her up, she'll feel ecstatic until he leaves her. If it hasn't already happened.

Then she aborts/kills the fetus and preserves it as a memento of a loving moment they had together.

If he hasn't left, she does the same but only because she fears that a child would only interfere with the relationship.
>>
>>43388359
What the fuck with this post.
>>
>sexual horror
>Giant, VD-infested dick/twat/dicktwat

Yeah...that's...pretty terrifying

...would that even be sexual horror?
>>
>>43411752
Shit man. That's really good actually.

I feel jealous.
>>
File: tumblr_niscotiQg91u41kbzo2_1280.jpg (454 KB, 750x905) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niscotiQg91u41kbzo2_1280.jpg
454 KB, 750x905
>>43412927
I just thought it would be a little creepy, most of it was improvisation. Apparently I am a messed up person.

In the magical girl game so far it's mostly been one NPC being a huge sadomasochist and getting off, very obviously, to hurting people and being hurt. I have an alien enemy with hallucination powers, but I'm not too sure what to do there - both in terms of respecting limits, and how to get under the PC's skin. That top ten bit with the mind-reading alien comes to mind.

Both the PCs are pretty to extremely gay, so I'm wondering what sort of form sexual horror would take when dealing with them.
>>
>>43379530
Fucking Retarded OPs: undoubtedly potent, and used both overtly and subtly to great effect in autism, autism and autistic fucking bullshit.

But honestly, for a moment - can it be done in a thread on /tg/? I mean, I can think of a few games which include (or at least claim to include) themes of fucking retard OPs but can anyone here even remotely imagine a real-life gaming group which would be able to deal with the subject without things going a billion ways of wrong?
>>
>>43413922
Here's your reply
>>
>>43413922
Umm... Haha???
>>
>>43407409
Fuck you, I'd have tenderly violent sorta almost rape sex with Daniella.
Doll like ice queens are my fetish.
>>
>>43410840
I think it's her look of wondrous joy and fascination along with the theme of being "penetrated" that lends to it.
>>
>>43415882
>Umm... Haha???
Literally an autistic post
>>
>>43387080
Well actually it's more an exploitation of the fear of penetration in both women and men and (admittedly more rarely) inversely the fear of the female form. I don't really get what you mean by the 'women are wonderful' syndrome in this context. Describing something as a good thing is generally not scary subtly or not.
>>
>>43416945
I wasn't given much to work with you retard.

Angry I out shit posted you?
>>
>>43412199
>Killing the fetus.
>Not having her raise it into being a psycho too.
>>
>>43410299
Whatever, I just know that I have a vore genocide and unbirth fetish and that concept is top tier.
>>
>>43417967
get back to tumblr you shitty loser
>>
>>43411624
Depends on preference and mood. Most if not all fetishes have sort of sub-fetishes within them that somebody without that fetish wouldn't recognize without it being pointed out to them. Two people with the same fetish can have WILDLY different view points on the same scenario.

We'll use transformation as an example. Some people enjoy body horror in their transformations, some people just enjoy the physical aspect of one thing transforming into another. Different facets of a single scenario can either be enticing or repel people all depending on how the fetish sits with them.

I think vore has it worst, but that's probably just bias on my part. I'm more familiar with vore so I could probably go into better detail there but I don't want to squick people out unless they are interested.
>>
>>43411624
>>43418225
Fuck, I just realized you may have said something else entirely than what I thought you said. Whatever.
>>
File: oh god.gif (756 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
oh god.gif
756 KB, 320x180
Nothing like pregnancy horror I find.

Having something alive INSIDE of you really scares people. Especially if it's a male player.
>>
>>43385622
>>43387075

>>2015
>>Not being a phallomonstrum sexual.
>>
>>43387775
i think it was Milwaukee by night
>>
>>43418799
That bulge made me feel ill
>>
>>43418799
>Squidbaby scene from Prometheus
Goddamn that was horrifying
>>
>>43418799
I'm usually into the fetish of being knocked up, and I found this terrifying
>>
>>43413623
Straight sex must obviously be repulsive to them.
>>
>>43416945
HAHA! Umm.
>>
this is a good thread
you may continue thread
>>
Naked woman whose mind has been destroyed, kept as an attack dog by gnolls. She could still be pretty, even with the whip marks carpeting her back, but she's filthy with a mad look in her eyes. Anyone who tries to waifu her or even just calm her down is likely to get two rows of filed-down teeth in their throat.
>>
>>43426584
You just gotta retrain the bitch first
>>
>>43403268
Silent Hill is sexual as all fuck.
>>
>>43430407
Srsly. Fucking abstract daddy. It's pretty overt.
>>
File: 1374121383117.jpg (56 KB, 264x292) Image search: [Google]
1374121383117.jpg
56 KB, 264x292
>>43407216

Now I might not have been as sexually experienced as some people in High School, but I've got some problems with that image.

Mainly, even for a "bleeder" that's way too much blood.

I mean, the only way I can see that image working is if they pumped the virgin full of anticoagulants before popping her.
>>
>>43430407
Silent Hill 2 is, but even in SH2 it's not entirely sexual. There's a number of interpretations for, like, the Lying Figures. Are they walking writhing condoms? Or people trapped under sheets, in agony? Spewing evil semen? Or vomit? Also, the Nurses, as freakishly sexualized as they are, are part of the tradition of medical horror.

Remember, Silent Hill 2 is as much medical horror as it is sexual. Everything in that game is corrupted and filthy, rotten and sick.
>>
>>43379767
Species you mean.
>>
Who
>still in spooky Halloween mode but only for this thread
here?
>>
File: warm marshmellow.jpg (52 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
warm marshmellow.jpg
52 KB, 750x563
>>43430694
That or something, like the inner walls, were ruptured due to overt force and/or lack of lubrication and preparation. This can lead to bleeding out and death in worse case scenario. Even deflowering can be made to cause little to no pain or bleeding if you prepare enough.

This has been a public service announcement from your neighborly hymen expert.
>>
File: THIS GIRL IS ADORABLE HNNNNG.png (374 KB, 792x641) Image search: [Google]
THIS GIRL IS ADORABLE HNNNNG.png
374 KB, 792x641
>>43430786
But anon...

I'm always in Halloween mode.
Seriously though, 4chan in general needs more scary/spookie threads.
>>
File: tzimisce.gif (121 KB, 500x723) Image search: [Google]
tzimisce.gif
121 KB, 500x723
>>43430694
here's a hint
>>
>Deer hunting is great. They can be erotic creatures. Those black eyes, firm hips, and slender legs…
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 858x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 858x1200
>>43409896
>>43410200
http://youtu.be/p072vf_BTxY

Try not to get a scared boner.

Daniella was a girl from the nearby village Lorenzo kidnapped as a child. They raised her as a slave and experimented on her in an attempt to uncover a way to reincarnate himself in any woman, and not just his genetic daughters.

It failed, so she was left a horrifically traumatized woman they regularly fuck violently and torture for kicks. She's wholly dependant on their affection, and envious of the protagonist's ability to rebirth her "masters".

She's unhinged, alternating between their orders to help you and her desire to rip out your uterus and somehow complete herself as the only woman they need with it.

She can't stand the sight of herself since it reminds her she isn't you.
>>
>>43430779
>not knowing the alien's head is literally a giant dick
>now knowing H.R. Giger was obsessed with sexual imagery
>not knowing the male rape an pregnancy subtext
>not know they have to fog up the sets to cover up the fact every doorway on the alien looks like a vagina
>>
>>43430407
1 isn't.
3 only is in vague ways.

4 wasn't even a true Silent Hill.

0 and 5 weren't, barring the lingering Nurses because they'd become iconic.

Downpour REALLY wasn't.

P.T. wasn't that we saw.

The Arcade game wasn't, again barring vestigial nurses.

The second movie wasn't. Not the first, again barring pointless nurses.
>>
>>43430942
Well yeah, but that's imagery. Not exactly present in a tabletop.

Trying to avoid being murder-raped or to survive the rape while trying to kill the rapist and their brood with some being that of the players, or beibg the rapemonster, is something that equates to mechanics.
>>
File: nat20 Handle Animal.png (185 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
nat20 Handle Animal.png
185 KB, 1280x1024
>>43430872
/k/, pls
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uk83ceNRo8&ab_channel=BelmontVladTepes
EROTIC VIOLENCE
>>
>>43431019
The entire life-cycle of the Alien was rape, though, and pregnancy fear. Sexual horror is all about imagery. Even if the monster isn't sexual-looking, the horror is what it's going to do, or what it wants to do. Silent Hill 2's sexual horror was all in its visceral imagery and suggestiveness.
>>
>>43410532
Anon, despite your personal experience, having sex with a woman usually consist of more elaborate sequence of movements than thrusting in her once and being done with it.
>>
>>43431159
Right.
But tabletops have mechanics, miniatures at best.

The horror of Alien as a tabletop becomes more infection like zombie apocalypse without visuals.

So you need the "sex" more direct. Unless you can take multiple facehuggers and live. Or are playing a skirmish controlling a rotating cast of multiple teams rather than an ongoing RPG.
>>
>>43431316
>Autists can't into imagery
>>
File: 1445768396402.jpg (12 KB, 342x298) Image search: [Google]
1445768396402.jpg
12 KB, 342x298
>>43407216
Oh, that is actually what I was thinking of with the vagina scoop. That looks to be a hook in her left hand, so I'm guessing she cut up her vagina and then raped her or something gross and edgy. I'm assuming Montreal was a Sabbat city?
>>
File: 1395074974836.jpg (108 KB, 382x423) Image search: [Google]
1395074974836.jpg
108 KB, 382x423
>>43431060
Well, this certainly belongs in the sexual horror thread.
>>
>reading unknown armies splat books
>Carnals come up
>literally a rape monster
>literally a dick with legs

Yeah, nah, most sexual horror is just bad for tabletop. The reason sexual horror is scary is because of the threat of something you're uncomfortable with getting all up in your business, and having your mate Dave describing the weird flaily dick monster removes any tension you can create and just makes it weird.
>>
>>43417111
>I don't really get what you mean by the 'women are wonderful' syndrome in this context.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E2%80%9CWomen_are_wonderful%E2%80%9D_effect

The idea that women are always good and men are always bad. A bit like how Basic Instinct is supposed to make you doubt the nature of the killer because she's hot.
>>
>>43410420
to be fair the media quality of the broken film was so low it'd be hard to determine if it were real by simple visual scrutiny.

other than the healthy dose of common sense from interscope financing it and slapping their copyright on.
>>
File: image.jpg (252 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252 KB, 500x325
>>43431838
Is this giant penis monster symbolizing the first stage in the horrors of unwanted and unnatural pregnancy subtle enough for you?
Keep in mind it comes at the end of a mall level which shifts to a hellish and surreal landscape, and killing it makes it go back to just being a mall at closing time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5kG7UUtjF80
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 250x247
>>43431884
Oh, and how for the Silent Hill movie Harry, dad driven to help his adopted daughter's mental issues after the death of his wife, was changed to a woman who's husband just kind of stayed home for some reason because the director thought a man going through literal hell to save his child stretched the suspension of disbelief too far?
>>
>>43432174
Pretty much. I love how feminists love going on about "internalized misogyny" when the data clearly shows that bot men and women love women and hate men. Then again, when was the last time facts stopped feminists?
>>
>>43432325
You mean SJW.
Real feminists ignore their lunacy.
>>
File: feminist hate speech.jpg (938 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
feminist hate speech.jpg
938 KB, 900x1600
>>43432394
>Real Scotsmen
Where do you think SJW come from? Not only are they a natural evolution of feminism, they have both media and academic backing.

The problem with this generation of feminism is that it's so vile, so horrid, that by comparison the already ugly first generation feminism looks downright appealing.
>>
>>43432512
Real feminists are women pushing to actually make it possible to be indicted for raping children or killing wives in Pakistan.

Not nutcases complaining male homosexuality is misogyny or that women not wearing bras is setting the entire gender back.
>>
File: 1444279565240.jpg (9 KB, 121x190) Image search: [Google]
1444279565240.jpg
9 KB, 121x190
If you're DMing with a bunch of beta normalfag players, railroading them into magical realm shit in a non-sexual game is enough to trigger them.
>Elf slave wat do?
>Uh, carry my equipment I guess--
>NO, FUCK THE ELF SLAVE AND LET ME WATCH OR ROCKS FALL
But neckbeards are pretty much immune to "sexual horror", because death penalty-tier sex offenders of any kind are a dime a dozen in fantasy, and odds are they've played something like Rapeface McSpikedick themselves. /d/Ms are a thing after all.

In other words, gb2reddit if you're that easily triggered.
>>
File: 9067e6_5230253[1].jpg (132 KB, 788x960) Image search: [Google]
9067e6_5230253[1].jpg
132 KB, 788x960
>>43432664
>Real feminists are women pushing to actually make it possible to be indicted for raping children or killing wives in Pakistan.

Oh yeah, feminists in India and Pakistan are doing a great job at introducing "equality".
infochangeindia.org/women/news/rape-victims-in-india-to-get-rs-2-lakh-compensation.html
www.thehindubusinessline.com/economy/govt-plans-new-scheme-to-provide-financial-aid-support-to-rape-victims/article4238500.ece
indiatoday.intoday.in/story/government-to-compensate-rape-victims/1/143906.html

What, were you somehow under the impression that rape and murder were perfectly acceptable before feminists saved these backwards, barefooted savages from their own patriarchal stupidity?
>>
>>43432698
What, you think the lowest common denominator reflects an entire group?

8% of Americans don't believe the Earth is round, 12% of Europeans.

Gimme a fucking break.

Also, offtopic. We were talking about sexual horror in tabletop games, before the /pol/ VS Tumblr derail.
>>
I had a girlfriend (my first one, infact), who hated her vagina and was obsessed with Silent Hill 2. (and had a preoccupation with being raped. Not, like, a fetish, but she was always wondering if/when she would be raped, wondering who would rape her, could this be used to rape? What about that? etc)

Be honest with me /tg/, was that irl sexual horror in a sense?
>>
>>43432807
Fuck off autist
>>
>>43432807
>What, you think the lowest common denominator reflects an entire group?
If the lowest common denominator is the one that dictates legislation around the world, then yes: yes it does. A lobby doesn't become powerful without a large and powerful supporting platform. Come back to me when flat earthers start dictating what we teach in public schools.

>Also, offtopic. We were talking about sexual horror in tabletop games, before the /pol/ VS Tumblr derail.
/tg/ never became great by staying on topic.

>>43432822
>I had a girlfriend (my first one, infact), who hated her vagina
....explain.
>>
>>43432825
At least try a little harder.
>>
>>43416070
Ah, see, I wouldn't have thought of that as sexual, at least when I was a teenager.

I still kind of don't in that scene. Maybe if they put in some 'excited' breaths before she expired...
>>
>>43432841
Creationists are still trying to each their drivel in public schools, or at least avoid not teaching it in theirs.

And that's just in first world nations.
>>
I want /pol/ to leave
>>
File: 1423346165408.jpg (236 KB, 766x1000) Image search: [Google]
1423346165408.jpg
236 KB, 766x1000
>>43418799
>>43422176
>>43422206
>>43422216
Meh, I don't know how the scene plays out in the film, but that clip is clearly just the actress bulging her stomach out...

>>43431321
>he horror of Alien as a tabletop becomes more infection like zombie apocalypse without visuals.
Eh, it's do-able...
I recently had an idea for a non-evil Zuggtmoy Cult along the lines of >>43387777, where they are basically trying to turn everyone into immortal Mushroom MILFs...
Their conflict with the more traditional State Church falls more onto the axis of Chaos and Law than Good and Evil, but theirs is the side that wants to turn everyone into Matango.
>>
>>43432890
They're probably buzzing about due to /hist/, although it could also be /r9k/ and not /pol/.
>>
>>43432841
>....explain.

Jesus Christ.

Okay, well despite the fact that she outright said she hated everything about it, from it's labia, to it's bush, tot he fact that it "literally sounds like a bad disease" (exact fucking quote), hated that it bled, hated her clit etc

I always suspected she wanted it...well, destroyed, sewn up or otherwise made to not be, but she never said this outright. She also couldn't understand why I didn't see it the way she saw it.
>>
>>43432841
Anyone have that image where the leader of the French feminists explained she won't meet with American feminists anymore because they're all "man hating lesbians"?
>>
>>43432870
>I wouldn't have thought of that as sexual, at least when I was a teenager.

...do you have klinefelter syndrome or something?
>>
>>43432984
>klinefelter syndrome

I don't know what that is. Though, I'm ultimately sure I don't.
>>
>>43379530

Is it bad that I never noticed the sexual horror side of Silent Hill 2 at any point while playing?
>>
It'd be a little to awkward to attempt in tabletop, even with a group that's normally good.
>>
>>43433011
I think it's a type of intersexual condition. Like, you're born a woman with male chromosomes and a micropenis, or something.
>>
>>43432941
How much influence do French feminists have nowadays? Feminism today is an almost exclusively American affair.

I take your "no true Scotsman" and turn it around: maybe that individual French feminist isn't a "true" feminist, unlike almost all of American feminist academia. Or maybe she's a "feminist" like Christina Hoff Sommers: in name only.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 1401x788
>>43432898
The problem is you need to differentiate sexual horror from horror with showhorned in sexuality.

It's too easy for a monster with a sexual theme to just be treated as a monster, or to enter magical realm.

1) The sexuality must be part of the mechanics, to avoid just being a roleplaying theme to the stats of a monster that is no more important than the color of its eyes.
2) The sexuality must be unpleasant enough to not become a positive or a benefit.
3) It must also not be a game-over, because then it's just "rocks fall and you get raped to death". The sexuality must be something beyond just a game over screen.
4) The sexuality must be visceral, not sensual so it doesn't become enjoyed.

Even just losing your clothes can be horrifying if done right.

But I suggest It Follows as a good nominee.
>>
File: 1389079573262.jpg (114 KB, 702x720) Image search: [Google]
1389079573262.jpg
114 KB, 702x720
>>43432941
I used to have it, but I can't find it anymore. Here is something similar.
>>
>>43433053

How do you define Feminism? Is it equal rights, the elimination of Misogyny, the reversal of Patriarchy? There's a lot of different sects that can fit under the broad umbrella of Feminism, like there's a lot of different groups that are fitted loosely into the LGBT(IAQ) community.
>>
File: 1438646440169.jpg (108 KB, 742x667) Image search: [Google]
1438646440169.jpg
108 KB, 742x667
>>43433047
Ah

no. I was just a dopey, dumb teeanger.

Also my g/f (long after Haunting Ground was released) was >>43432822
That thing
>>
>>43433053
>Feminism today is an almost exclusively American affair.

Says all of one person with no backing from people that matter. Hint hint, that person is you.
>>
>>43433053
What do American feminists do?
They don't influence policy, don't influence economics, and are in so many separate organizations who hate each other and never accomplish anything that you can't even get a census let alone a consensus (pun unintended).

The most they ever accomplish is manufacture false outrage towards other Americans, but all American organizations do that. It's not something unique to them.

I get that the puritans make you mad, they make us all mad, but they're the liberal equivalent of the American Tea Party.
>>
>>43433078
>How do you define Feminism?
I define it by the actions of its most prominent proponents, both contemporary and historically. Being widely acknowledged as a feminist is enough to be considered a feminist in my eyes.

>>43433102
Please, tell me about the influence of modern French feminism. I doubt even the French could name one French feminist who has been active in the last five years. As with other (more valid) fields of academia, America dominates globally.
>>
>>43433200

Which branch of American Feminism should be held up as the standard bearer? They're pretty fragmented and competitive.
>>
File: f'ed up.jpg (26 KB, 480x408) Image search: [Google]
f'ed up.jpg
26 KB, 480x408
Bumping
and attempting to get back ontrack with pic
>>
File: 1438746866410.jpg (194 KB, 884x800) Image search: [Google]
1438746866410.jpg
194 KB, 884x800
>>43433057
I agree with half of what you said, but...

>2) The sexuality must be unpleasant enough to not become a positive or a benefit.
This isn't actually a requirement, and I'd argue the opposite is better; The possibility that such an alien and unusual experience could be pleasant or outright beneficial plays up the suspense, as there isn't a clear "correct" choice.

The way I'd play it up the dichotomy with the Cult and Church conflict is that the former seeks an eternal existence without strife or hardship, it's one spent as little more than an ever growing blob of mycelium.

The Church won't deny that their God stole this realms life from Zuggtmoy, but by introducing conflict and struggle he granted it a much richer existence.

>4) The sexuality must be visceral, not sensual so it doesn't become enjoyed.
Yeah, you might not have seen my earlier post that got deleted, but a big point of horror is SUBTLY!
While we may differ on whether or not the audience should ENJOY the thrill we put them through, viscerally depends on shock value, which is hard to convey narrative.
>>
>>43433200
>Being widely acknowledged as a feminist is enough to be considered a feminist in my eyes.
Oxford says this:
>The advocacy of women’s rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men

So SJW are not feminists. They have some feminist values, but go beyond it.
>>
>>43379530
faggot-kun?
>>
File: suffrage_women_conscription[1].png (168 KB, 329x480) Image search: [Google]
suffrage_women_conscription[1].png
168 KB, 329x480
>>43433702
>The advocacy of women’s rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men
By that definition, feminism has never existed. Crazy shit happens when you ask feminism to ask feminism. It's on par with asking the insane to define insanity.
>>
>>43433528
If its a positive, it isn't horror anymore though.
Like having a game where combat can be 100% avoided be action still.
>>
>>43433528
>This isn't actually a requirement, and I'd argue the opposite is better; The possibility that such an alien and unusual experience could be pleasant or outright beneficial plays up the suspense, as there isn't a clear "correct" choice.
That removes a lot of the horror aspect,
Also your example wouldn't really seem like a dichotomy to most people

>audience should ENJOY the thrill we put them through
Yeah, that's not really horror, the enjoyment from horror is more an enjoyment of vicariously experiencing it from a safe environment, the actual horrific element should not be enjoyable,

If you mean to keep the unsettling aspects and have them be enjoyable, I'm not actually sure there is a word for what you're describing, "perverse or degenerate" enjoyment comes closest but has too many negative connotations to fit quite right
>>
>>43433723
...are you saying the Oxford dictionary is a feminist organization?
>>
>>43433702
>>43433723
>>43433749
/pol/ please leave, and take /r9k/ with you
>>
>>43433763
How are those posts /pol/?
They're assholes who believe in the inferiority of the other.

Those posts are explaining the political spectrum is vast, and by definition claiming males need to be eliminated is not feminism.
>>
>>43433804
>They're assholes who believe in the inferiority of the other.
>Those posts are explaining the political spectrum is vast, and by definition claiming males need to be eliminated is not feminism.

Take it to /pol/

More sexual horror, nigs!
>>
File: derailed.jpg (36 KB, 280x289) Image search: [Google]
derailed.jpg
36 KB, 280x289
thanks /pol/
>>
One final, desperate bump
>>
Sooooo...monstergirls thread?
Sacrifice yourself for your waifu edition?
>>
>>43435341
>>43435178
Post pics, maybe that'll help get things going again
Alternative idea, what's your most ideal horror monster waifu?
>>
File: preggowtf.jpg (71 KB, 957x448) Image search: [Google]
preggowtf.jpg
71 KB, 957x448
>>43435741
Righto
>>
>>43435806
Honestly, assuming the rest of the group was fine with the magical realm, I'd let him have everything except for the "will grow bigger than her" part, simply out of personal preference, though I would require him to go into more detail about how she got cursed this way

Also, that makes me think, how would you do pregnancy horror in a table top game? I doubt most murderhobos would have much of an issue aborting something, but even with roleplayers I'm not sure how it would be pulled off unless they're very invested in the character and in that case something like pregnancy could be seen as the DM taking away too much player agency
>>
My GM did something along of Sexual Horror. We play a modified version of D&D 3.5, and we don't use alignments. Detect Evil/Good does not exist, and Smite Evi will smite targets that are evil according to the paladin's patron deity views.

So, after killing this owlbear that was killing some people, we get back to the village, and the villagers throw a party in our honor. So, the paladin (whose god approves partying as something that brings joy to people), manages to sleep with this average red haired village girl ater the party. The next day, we leave the village.

A few weeks later, we are in a town and save the mayor from some hags that where planning on using him to control the town (and sacrifice it to their dark god, or something like that). I (the bard) suggest we party to commemorate the fact that the hags threat is gone. Once again, the paladin ends up sleeping with a red haired girl from the village. It would happen three more times (in the span of seven months in game, three off) before we realize that the dm always describes a red haired girl that sleeps with the paladin.
We think this is weird, but we joke and say he has a fetish.
It happens again when we are in the castle of a small lord, and he offers to pay for the party members to sleep with any girl of the local brothel. Now we get a little worried. The next day, the thief and i ask around about the red haired girl, and discover she never lived there, and arrived a few days before us. To make thing worse, we had fought a cult on this city.
We got paranoid and searched for her. We found her in a small inn, and hell broke loose. The paladin and the barbarian, certain she was related to the demon cult, attacked her. She was dead before she could say anything.
And then we witnessed the fall of the paladin as he did the most evil act someone could do in the eyes of his god: killing an innocent.

Turns out the girl was just a stalker in love with the paladin after that first party.
>>
>>43436134
along the lines*
Our dm just wanted to see how we would react to something like that. He never imagined we would consider her to be a threat and attack her without asking.

The fact that he only described her as a red haired girl made that work better, i guess. But that was unexpected. We were fighting demons and monster and stuff we never even considered the fact that se could be just a normal girl.

We fucked up. But i really liked that session.
>>
>>43379530
Fuck off with this poorly veiled /pol/ thread cunts.
>>
>>43428623
Spoken like a motherfucker about to be cannibalized by some gnolls' insane whore.
>>
>>43432512

...I'm sure all of these quotes are genuine. However, while some of them, especially the first two, are ridiculous, some of them aren't very controversial.
>>
>>43432807
The fact that feminism at large is held accountable by others for its own batshit radicals is largely a failure of the moderates to properly denounce and divorce it from themselves.

The fact is that anyone who thinks the world isn't round will be immediately disbelieved by anyone, even in groups they are a part of that do not share their belief. Meanwhile, radicals can hide within the ill-defined mass that is the western feminist movement while still having influence on politics.
>>
>>43387660
>Heck you could probably take any of the really fucking weird fetishes and throw them into a horror setting.

There's not enough hypnosis related horror stuff out there.
>>
>>43436485
I find that most radical feminists are influenced largely by behaviorism, something that is quickly growing out of date among the main liberal left due to the rise of LGBT. Some retarded feminists will still parade around the ideas, but feminism is in a naturally occurring purge of itself, though it might not be enough to right the ship.
>>
>>43436772
Well that's good, I'll have to give behaviorism a look so I can better understand.

That radicalism, and the internet fem mob mentality are both things that thankfully don't seem like they'll hold up to time and scrutiny outside of their own circles.
>>
>>43436772
>>43436890
That's nice, take it to /pol/
>>
>>43436890
I'll just say this. Ultimately, transgenderism cannot exist within behaviorism (as in feminist theory, there is no gender, only gender roles). Thus, feminists, even though they might cover it up with "I have been a female all my life, how dare you steal my gender!", attack it because it implies there is gender in the first place.

>>43437070
>implying this thread wasn't /pol/ in the first place
>>
>>43437285
>>implying this thread wasn't /pol/ in the first place
What the fuck about the idea of sexual horror is /pol/?
You have your own board, don't shit up the rest of them
>>
>>43437527
>he hasn't seen the "lol does ur party handle rape well!" threads
>he cannot example the structure of the person writing the OP to realize that it is overtly aggrandized in order to provoke emotion among those that find sexual abuse particularly disgusting, or at the very least draw the /pol/tards to start shit with people with actual opinions

>Sexual horror: undoubtedly potent,
>But honestly, for a moment - (actually using a hyphen)
>I mean,
>even remotely imagine

It's too fucking personalized for the person reading it to be a legit post. I know this shit because not only is it the same style every time, but because I used to post on /pol/ and know this style by heart.
>>
>>43437794
So at best you're just projecting and more likely just trolling?
That's nice, please leave
>>>/pol/
>>
>>43437794
I find the idea interesting and even if this is a /pol/ thread like you insist, it belongs in /pol/, so the correct thing to do is ignore it and talk about that shit in /pol/
>>
>>43438188
You're right. If for some reason I might post again, I will [REDACTED] the thread.
>>
>>43438198
Even if it isn't legit, like >>43438188 I find it interesting, discussing the subject could be good for ideas and suggestions to run a horror game but your talk belongs in /pol/ and is just shitting up the thread
>>
>>43438340
Eh, I only jumped into the conversation last minute, but you're right. I'll just say it gets tiresome seeing /pol/ make these stupid b8 threads.
>>
>>43435996
New horror monster: The unabortable fetus.
>>
>>43438423
/pol/ bait threads?
I've never seen /pol/ make a bait thread that lasted more than 15 minutes before the mods got it, but there have been plenty of threads where assholes jump and and start shitposting /pol/shit because something in it made them think it's the right place to do so or simply because they don't like the subject matter
And that I'm sick and tired of

>>43438463
Honestly that could work in a grotesque way, like a parasite that infests people and puts them through a false pregnancy as it devours them alive, play up the body horror angle and it'd work, though only in games where cure spells wouldn't cover it
>>
>>43401174
Allow me to explain the point, as I'm just killing time until I can game with some friends, and I dislike blatant ignorance of concepts in those criticizing them.

The mechanic is not about being turned on against your will. The mechanic exists because of 3 things, each equally important.

1. it exists because it's a trope of the world being replicated. This is a game about Supernatural High School Students. And throughout those types of films, you will find that exploring sexuality is a really easy theme to tie into the setting. Characters turn gay, they become straight, villians have homo-erotic subtext, the entire SETTING has homo-erotic subtext, etc. It's a super-common thing in these worlds, so it has to be contained. And it's partly a super-common thing because:

2. This is also a common thing IN REALITY. These are teenagers we're dealing with here. Their hormones are confusing, and make them act in ways they themselves don't fully understand. This (high school through college) is when a person is most likely to TRY a homosexual relationship, if straight, and most likely to come out, or have to go through a hetero encounter to maintain their 'cover', if gay. Because sex is important to teens. And horniness can be indiscriminate. These are people who can be aroused by random breezes, they can certainly be accidentally or momentarily aroused by same-sex contact, despite being heterosexual.

Lastly, the mechanic exists for one last meta reason: to stop power-gaming faggots. Consider the alternative, if you were able to resist seduction attempts based on orientation. The game would then have to have players declare their character's orientation. But, given the chaotic nature of sexuality in teens, what decides when a character can change? And why would someone pick, say, Bisexual versus Asexual, when one objectively makes you an easier target? In order to avoid all that, it just says "You can't deny a Turn Someone On roll" based on your orientation.
>>
>>43438629
I knew this was a b8 thread the minute I entered, and was curious how it turned out. Like I mentioned before, the "rape" threads are b8 from /pol/. However, I remember once there was a thread about women in traditional games (probably legit), which turned into a shit fest immediately. Afterwards a thread was made about LGBT and /tg/... and the thread mentioned the previous thread mentioned the topics in great detail....

Honestly the words "But honestly, for a moment - can it be done in tabletop roleplaying?" implies it can't, as if the imaginary SJWs hidden in the framework would create hell as soon as it was tried, or that fa/tg/uys are too misogynistic to create something respectful. Either angle works really, as all it needs to do is b8.

>>43438463
Speaking of which...

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Botchling
>>
>>43438811
Further, all of these arguments miss a crucial part of the rules, something that, technically, even the people who produced the game missed: Someone succeeding on the Turn Someone On roll doesn't need to mean they actually turned you on.

Mechanically, success on a Turn Someone On roll gives you a String on them, which represents a connection you can exploit. That's it. Maybe it represents your character finding their flirtation hilarious or charming, or it represents you caving to request in order to get the sexual advance to stop.

Yes, the rulebook says that you get turned on, because the idea of a character being confused about his sexuality, and working through it, is a big arc in the settings replicated. But if you don't want your character to be turned on, nothing stops your group from saying "Okay, he isn't, but he still caves in, let's figure out why."
>>
>>43438811
>>43438912
Not the guy you're responding to, but I'll admit I don't like having mechanics for things like forced or unwanted attraction (unless it's blatant mind control) if only because I feel like that sort of thing should be handled by roleplaying

>>43438851
>"But honestly, for a moment - can it be done in tabletop roleplaying?"
The fuck are you getting SJWs from?
I assumed OP was worried about it being too magical realm or being unable to build up horror properly due to too much murderhoboing or too little roleplaying

Did you even read the thread or did you just assume shit and and start shitposting?
It was nearly half way through before we even got a hint of /pol/ because some asshole needed to rant about feminists

It's a good rule to NEVER assume it's bait on /tg/, if for no other reason than if there's anything /tg/ related to discus at least a handful of fa/tg/uys will want to carry on as if it is a legit thread

>http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Botchling
That's actually pretty good, reminds me of a lesser version of the aborted god fetus in the Epic Level Handbook
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 1217x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 1217x1280
>>43437527
If you don't reply to it, the discussion will stop.

>Sexual horror
>>
>>43435806
>magical glowing stretch marks

I'm stealing that.
>>
>>43439013
Ohhhh. That's fine then. I guess the retarded /pol/ posting has gotten me on edge about this stuff, so my bad.

Yes, I did read the thread, and was pleasantly suprised the supposed b8 wasn't taken. I might have noticed that there wasn't another shitpost at the beginning to put the thread "back on track", so to say.

>Excuse me, sir. Threads
>not b8 at this point

But that is a good rule of thumb I suppose. Never got why those threads were so bad in the first place.
>>
>>43439180
>Never got why those threads were so bad in the first place.
Honestly? Cause some autist took offence to them and raised a fuss every time he saw them
>>
File: 1440481814098.jpg (281 KB, 860x825) Image search: [Google]
1440481814098.jpg
281 KB, 860x825
>>43435741
>Alternative idea, what's your most ideal horror monster waifu?
Lesbian Drakaina with Gender Bending Magic?

>>43435996
>Also, that makes me think, how would you do pregnancy horror in a table top game? I doubt most murderhobos would have much of an issue aborting something, but even with roleplayers I'm not sure how it would be pulled off unless they're very invested in the character and in that case something like pregnancy could be seen as the DM taking away too much player agency
True, perhaps magical super-fecundity?
Functionally, it'd be like >>43438463's "Un-abortable fetus," every time you successfully abort it, another replaces it and develops even faster.

>>43436181
>Our dm just wanted to see how we would react to something like that. He never imagined we would consider her to be a threat and attack her without asking.
>The fact that he only described her as a red haired girl made that work better, i guess. But that was unexpected. We were fighting demons and monster and stuff we never even considered the fact that se could be just a normal girl.
See, this is what my (deleted) post earlier was talking about:
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43379530/#43410913
>I'd say the best tool is to use your players' own imaginations against them.
>If you want to make something creepy, you should use the Jason Voorhees method; Slow, Subtle, Small, and STEADY!
>You shouldn't be too strange, JUST enough that they have trouble determining whether something is more than mundane...

This helps build suspense and tension because your audience can't just assume what will happen, the narrative waters are murky and anything could lie within their depths.

>>43436769
>There's not enough hypnosis related horror stuff out there.
The problem with hypnosis is that it's far to overt; It's obvious X is controlling Y, usually through supernatural means, so it's obvious the next course of action is to remove X's control.
>>
File: 1412723911576.png (917 KB, 687x1165) Image search: [Google]
1412723911576.png
917 KB, 687x1165
>>43441081
>The problem with hypnosis is that it's far to overt; It's obvious X is controlling Y, usually through supernatural means, so it's obvious the next course of action is to remove X's control.
As I was saying earlier, subtly is the key to building suspense, so mental manipulation has to be done in such a method that it's hard to gauge really how much coercion one party had to inflict upon the other.
That is, after all, how ACTUAL effective brainwashing/mental conditioning works, and why I was arguing with that anon earlier about the pleasantness/titillation of such a situation; IF you like what's going on, you have less of a reason to act AGAINST it.

>>43438629
>Honestly that could work in a grotesque way
Hell, to go along with my previous arguments, it doesn't even need to be all that grotesque!
The less unnatural something is, the weaker the rhetorical argument for acting against it will be.
Take Prometheus for example; I've seen it argued that the Squidbaby scene would be all the more shocking if it was a normal human baby the Autodock pulled out instead.

>>43439013
>It's a good rule to NEVER assume it's bait on /tg/, if for no other reason than if there's anything /tg/ related to discus at least a handful of fa/tg/uys will want to carry on as if it is a legit thread
>>43439180
>Ohhhh. That's fine then.
Yeah son, this is WHY /tg/ is best board; Give us ANYTHING and we will discuss the shit out of it with mild civility.
>>
File: Shub_Niggurath_by_mr_author.jpg (206 KB, 900x1158) Image search: [Google]
Shub_Niggurath_by_mr_author.jpg
206 KB, 900x1158
>>43439013
>Not the guy you're responding to, but I'll admit I don't like having mechanics for things like forced or unwanted attraction (unless it's blatant mind control) if only because I feel like that sort of thing should be handled by roleplaying
Yeah, I pondered this weekend the possibility of Guards versed in Diplomancy to deal with most things...
...As usual for me, it ended up spawning a Lesbian Civilization of Monster Girls, whom won't really fit into a setting simply because I can't think of anything that could challenge a prolifically breeding Nation-state of Monsterious Magic Users backed by Shub-niggurath, Fey, and Druidic Life magic...
>>
File: snuff golem.jpg (152 KB, 701x901) Image search: [Google]
snuff golem.jpg
152 KB, 701x901
Same guy as
>>43432822

Alright, frig it. Here you go. Goddamn Snuff Golem.
>>
>>43440562
Figured that might be it. Also, bump!
>>
>>43411752

>The magical girl game I run has a lot of fucked-up sexuality running under it as well, but I don't know if that's going to evolve into straight horror.

Do tell?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
This is the first thing that came to my mind when I read OP, the implications got to me a bit.

I don't know how overt one could be with the sexual horror but I think you could do it, subtly, and have it be effective. I was say sexual horror in a TTRPG would best be conveyed through inuendo and hinting at it, and letting the players come to their own conclusions. It leaves you with plausible deniability if anyone gets too bootytickled from it.
>>
>>43444313
ughhhh that fucking thing. I remember that. That whole quest had an odd, weird, slightly sexual tone to it that made me shudder
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
>>43444313
>>43445120
HERE, have a headshot of the Human version!
>>
File: 54754736723.jpg (9 KB, 173x160) Image search: [Google]
54754736723.jpg
9 KB, 173x160
>>43445790
Jesus
>>
>>43445790

I only played Origins, which one is this from?
>>
>>43446140

Awakening DLC.

>>43439013
>>43438912

It's also solid to point out that Turn Someone On is only from the player side. A PC has to initiate on another PC - and it is a roll (which is statistically likely to only end up in the middle range). Also, the way *W games work, it's supposed to always be roleplaying first, then you roll if a roll needs to be made. You go around just saying, "I turn them on, boom, 12", the MC should look at you funny. You need to narrate what action you're taking first, and technically the other party could just cave without the roll, but since Turn Someone On has mechanical benefits (it's almost a kind of social attack) most people would probably prefer to roll it.
>>
>>43446140
Awakenings, the sort of mini-sequel to Origins.
>>
>>43446140
The Awakening expansion.
>>
>>43445790
It's kind of weird they made the human version considerably more "attractive" than the ones in Origin. Like, aside from multiple pairs of breasts, her upper torso could be a normal woman wearing creepy makeup and contact lenses. Well, at least untill her lower jaw, along with pretty much half of her face, splits in two, but I think she only does that in one cutscene right at the end.

I'm not entirely complaining since I rather like the "normal-ish female body attached to a big creepy mosnter body" school of monster designs, but it is a bit jarring when you compare how she looks to every other Darkspawn Broodmother.
>>
>>43407216
You see, this is the immature sort of CRAP that made oWoD unplayable.
>>
File: 1416761332368.jpg (138 KB, 484x671) Image search: [Google]
1416761332368.jpg
138 KB, 484x671
>>43445940
I'd post more pics of someone's Original Character version, but...

>>43446448
>It's kind of weird they made the human version considerably more "attractive" than the ones in Origin. Like, aside from multiple pairs of breasts, her upper torso could be a normal woman wearing creepy makeup and contact lenses. Well, at least untill her lower jaw, along with pretty much half of her face, splits in two, but I think she only does that in one cutscene right at the end.
>I'm not entirely complaining since I rather like the "normal-ish female body attached to a big creepy mosnter body" school of monster designs, but it is a bit jarring when you compare how she looks to every other Darkspawn Broodmother.
...Yeah, they're literal Titty and tentacle monsters.

And I agree, it is rather bullshit that the Dwarf (and supposedly every OTHER races version of a Broodmother) in those's games are this grotesque monstrosities but the HUMAN ONE you interact with, who gets cut off from the Darkspawn Hivemind and redevelops her Sapience, looks an eldritch fertility goddess.
>>
>>43447194
>I'd post more pics of someone's Original Character version, but...
Now you've got me curious. I'm assuming it's something horrible, but at least tell what kind of horrifying.
>>
File: 20100808_T3rK.jpg (227 KB, 648x850) Image search: [Google]
20100808_T3rK.jpg
227 KB, 648x850
>>43447627
The art is usually commission, so it isn't that bad...
...But it IS one of this person's vidia based Original Characters.
http://kristinakatt.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://kristinakatt.deviantart.com/art/Lucretia-DragonAge-Fan-art-7-195746020
>>
>>43448024
All of those tits are entirely too huge of that gallery
>>
>>43379530

>Reading Thread name
>Look at the picture
>Think it's suddenly creepy
>>
>>43450923
it's gay

big dicks are better

prove me wrong

protip: you can't
>>
>>43446448
Well, it's supposed to make it a little easier to follow her. If they made her a horrific thing, it would have made most players just default to following the Architect.

As well, she was "altered" by the Architect, so we can assume some of her more human femininity is a by-product of that somehow, like how he looks a lot more human than a normal darkspawn.
>>
File: 1435687066250.jpg (436 KB, 1024x1200) Image search: [Google]
1435687066250.jpg
436 KB, 1024x1200
>>43451289
But if the dicks are bigger, don't you need bigger breasts for tit jobs?

>>43451413
>Well, it's supposed to make it a little easier to follow her. If they made her a horrific thing, it would have made most players just default to following the Architect.
>As well, she was "altered" by the Architect, so we can assume some of her more human femininity is a by-product of that somehow, like how he looks a lot more human than a normal darkspawn.
Yeah, but weren't his alterations more to do with the separating her and her Spawn from the Hivemind?

I don't really see why he'd go to that much extra trouble to make her rather pretty booby monster...
>>
>>43445790
>>43446448
>>43447194

Was she actually a Human originally, though? Human Darkspawn broodmothers breed Hurlocks; her offspring were the Children, a far more insectile Darkspawn variety.
>>
>>43451475
Maybe to make her more appealing to outsiders/himself? Make it more personable and reasonable. For the same reason he had his intelligent Darkspawn dress more properly.

>>43451683
They were the Children because the Architect fucked her up a bunch and separated her from the Call. Not because of how she started out.
>>
File: Pic.jpg (22 KB, 220x258) Image search: [Google]
Pic.jpg
22 KB, 220x258
>>43379530

You could always have a sexually transmitted virus that turns people into rape zombies.

Imagine what would happen when the zombies break into an old folks home
>>
>>43382777
Depends. Combining the Ghoul and the Mortal's sex moves can get preeeetty grim.
>>
File: 7WmjK6S.png (436 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
7WmjK6S.png
436 KB, 1280x1280
>>43451913
>Maybe to make her more appealing to outsiders/himself?
>For the same reason he had his intelligent Darkspawn dress more properly.
Possibly, but there is still the whole problem with her having several sets of bean-bag chair sized breasts...

I mean, if he's trying to make her more civilized looking, wouldn't he try to tone down her hyper-sexuality?

>Make it more personable and reasonable.
Doubtful if he has regular Darkspawn as his minions... Why wouldn't his process humanize those?
>>
>>43451913

Ahh, fair point. When one of the ancient Tevinter magister Darkspawn starts experimenting, the limits are beyond the depths of your sanity.
>>
File: The_Architect's_Profile.jpg (308 KB, 796x714) Image search: [Google]
The_Architect's_Profile.jpg
308 KB, 796x714
>>43452136
The architect was a horn dog.

>>43452211
It really bugs me that they haven't brought him up again.
>>
>>43452044
No....

I would rather not. I don't think I've ever played with a group that would want to go there, either.

That's way too Crossed. The closest any of them would get would be like, Gotha virus from GURPS infinite Worlds, with more of a direct focus on the violence and killing the shit out of crazed Gotha zombies. I mean, yeah, they might also be rapey because they are crazy uninhibited sadists, but it's not something that would get focused on.

It would merely be another unspoken or distantly alluded to reason to kill the bastards.
>>
>>43452254

He'll be back. Even if you decided to kill him; you decided to kill him with a party of Grey Wardens at your side, and Cory's little trick shows how much use that killing would have had.

The question is; would Oghren, Sigrun, Velara, or the Main Character get to play host? We know it can't be Howe, due to his reappearance, and as Anders and Justice do the fusion dance, probably not them.
>>
>>43452525

Edit: Forgot about the DLC expansions subsequent to awakening, so not the main character of Awakening, either.
>>
>>43451289
What did I miss?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.