[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Banished Quest 161
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: #Starter.jpg (240 KB, 680x402) Image search: [Google]
#Starter.jpg
240 KB, 680x402
Welcome to Banished Quest!
You take the role of a young mage labeled a criminal by his people and cast out into the wider world. In the last thread you wiped out the last of the void creatures and got accused of being a filthy degenerate.

It is currently the 19th of Svarthi, in the year 936 NH.

Character Sheet:
http://pastebin.com/8wLGz3HQ
Inventory:
http://pastebin.com/9mxDQn7N
Companions:
http://pastebin.com/tWc3Zjje
Spellbook:
http://pastebin.com/Tu1sVEnQ
Runic Library:
http://pastebin.com/7zQt9XLy
Current Missions:
http://pastebin.com/rzD5PPsU

Dice:
http://pastebin.com/nhswziq6
Magic:
http://pastebin.com/aYPzn0aU
http://pastebin.com/2iHKTQTS
Combat:
http://pastebin.com/e1peu2ih
http://pastebin.com/1niidZEa
Enchanting:
http://pastebin.com/jUQKQLLx
Fluff:
http://pastebin.com/ydKwNLba
http://pastebin.com/sijmZSSf
http://pastebin.com/UygnkCBe
http://pastebin.com/gR0sgiFu

Archives:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Banished%20Quest
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Quidam_Asinus
Ask Page:
http://ask.fm/Quidam_Asinus
Tumblr:
http://somaqm.tumblr.com/
IRC Channel:
#BanishedDiscussion on Rizon

Notes:
Using names or trips in this quest is heavily discouraged. While it is impossible for me to prevent you from doing so, I ask that you not. I will also not count any votes made while using names or trips.
>>
The soldiers nearest you stare at you with a mix of horror, disgust, confusion, and disbelief. None move to attack you, for good reason. You're wearing armor and wielding weapons most of them could only dream of owning. You're about to try to put their fears to rest when a man's voice calls out from the back of the mass of soldiers, carrying over the muttering of the crowd.

His accent is distinctly rural, his words slurring together in a manner hard to make out. “Didja hear that? She say he's her lover?”

Another voice, this one powerful and booming, answers. “I think she did! What kinda filthy degenerate is this guy? Touching a human? Might as well fuck camels!”

You think you might hear someone mutter something about insulting camels, but you're too busy worrying about fighting off a lynch mob to really pay any attention. Fortunately, after a heated argument between himself and Mortia, your brother lends his voice to settling the crowd. “People, please! It was an honest mistake on her part, her grasp of our language is very limited. You know how humans are!”

A mistake on her part? Somehow you doubt that. Rather oblivious to what you're brother just said, Mortia quickly adds in “No lovers!” in her horribly garbled version of Samjan. You think some of the soldiers find it more endearing than off-putting. Like a child who's still learning to talk. Regardless the crow seems to calm down, many of them having a laugh at your and Mortia's expense.

A new voice cuts through the chorus of shouts and laughter, Darzi's voice. “I say let the degenerate be Matha! The man saved my life, I'd say he's qualified!”

(1/2)
>>
File: Twisted Lands.jpg (486 KB, 1200x549) Image search: [Google]
Twisted Lands.jpg
486 KB, 1200x549
Her declaration starts the crowd chanting 'Matha' with all the vigor of apprentices trying to goad their poor, unfortunate victim into some humiliating task or another. Much as you might be irate with your brother, being pampered for nine days really doesn't sound like that bad an experience. By the same token, you'd like to get back on the road in the near-future. Taking more than a week off to be pampered by attendants isn't exactly conductive to making progress.

>Decline the offer as politely as you can, but let Mortia do as she likes.
>Hey, if they want to lavish you in luxury who are you to complain? Go along with it, join Mortia at the front of the crowd.
>Fun is just a buzzword. Refuse the honor and encourage Mortia to do the same, so you can get back on the road.
>Write-in
>>
>>43239602
Is there any precedent to refusing? If so leave it up to Morita. If not join her at the front.
>>
>>43239602
>>Fun is just a buzzword. Refuse the honor and encourage Mortia to do the same, so you can get back on the road.
They probably wont let us meditate while pampering us, we need to meditate on so much shit, also we have a lot of shit to do
>>
>>43239602
>>Hey, if they want to lavish you in luxury who are you to complain? Go along with it, join Mortia at the front of the crowd.
I actually want to meditate a bit more on what we did, in the place we did it. (Both the portal and the wasteland thingy)
>>
>>43239602

Give Darzi a smarmy unamused look though.
>>
>>43239602
Go be a heal bitch.
>>
>>43239602
>>Hey, if they want to lavish you in luxury who are you to complain? Go along with it, join Mortia at the front of the crowd.
>>
>>43239602
>Hey, if they want to lavish you in luxury who are you to complain? Go along with it, join Mortia at the front of the crowd.
>>
>>43239602
>Fun is just a buzzword. Refuse the honor and encourage Mortia to do the same, so you can get back on the road.
>wanting weird fuckers to rub oil on mortia
No.
>>
>>43239602
>>
>>43239689
It would be really rude if you weren't trying to be 'tacked on' as a sort of co-Matha. As is you could probably just turn the attention back on Mortia and be more or less left to your own devices.
>>
>>43239602
>>
>>43239602
Accept.

We can totally use that mini pavala we created to gm meditation with the vatis squad during that time. Maybe
>>
>>43239602
>>
>>43239602
Sup Soma, I was trying to be a functioning human bean and enjoy my Friday night with live music. Now I have worry about wall outlets so I can keep my phone charged while lurking. I take it they fixed whatever they did when they fucked up your street?
>>
>>43239602
>>
>>43239602
>>
File: 1431985132269.gif (2 MB, 220x190) Image search: [Google]
1431985132269.gif
2 MB, 220x190
>12 people other than Soma in this thread.
>14 votes

Starting strong early I see.
>>
>>43239602
>>
>>43239602
>>
>>43239602
>>
>>43239602
>>
>>43239934
>>43239893
>>43239847
>>43239834
>>43239773
>>43239753
>>43239742
>>43239739
>>43239726
>>43239707
>>43239974
>Sounds like a fun time.

>>43239689
>>43239714
>>43239719
>>43239816
>>43239917
>>43240043
>Decline, but let Mortia do whatever.

>>43239741
>>43239703
>Getchur hands off mai waifu

>>43239834
Yeah, the problem was that they're tearing the shit out of everything a block down from my apartment for some sort of new construction project, and one of their excavators ripped through something they shouldn't have ripped through. It came back up late yesterday.
>>
>>43240072
>9 days
fuck. it will be months irl before we actually get to adventure
>>
>>43240136
>Just closed a portal to an alternate dimension full of freaky not!Demons
Could use a bit of a break tbh.
>>
>>43240166
Mik never gets a break.
>>
>>43240136
Considering the majority of these 9 days will consist of us getting lathered up in oil, there will probably be a timeskip. I hope.
>>
>>43240192
Same.
>>
>>43240166
>Could use a bit of a break [from adventuring]
No.
>>
>>43240192
>>43240211
I'll timeskip the pampering, but there's actually a religious ritual that Mik and Mortia will be expected to perform which I'll probably spend quite a bit of time on.
>>
>>43240255
>religious ritual that Mik and Mortia will be expected to perform
Is it sex?
>>
>>43240306
I doubt it.
>>
>>43240255
It's weird how she is allowed to perform religious rituals while being seen as less than a camel in the eyes of Samjans
>>
>>43240321
I bet it's sex.
>>
>>43240351
Get your head out of the gutter anon.
>>
>>43240306
Nah, it's preparation of the sacred haoma, and its subsequent offering to Pani and Surya. Followed by drinking the plant's extracted essence.

>>43240329
It's highly irregular but not unheard of. Samjan make extensive use of human mercenaries to wage their proxy wars against one another. Hiring the mercenaries to raid or pillage a rival's lands. Your father employs quite a number of humans to train your family's guards.

If some of these mercenaries should distinguish themselves on the field of battle, it's clearly because the gods have allowed them to push past their human imperfections.
>>
>>43240379
I'll put my head in your gutter if you see what I am saying.
>>
>>43240393
You're clearly a faggot is what you're saying.
>>
>>43240408
Only for you baby~
>>
>>43240383
So you're saying we're gonna trip balls with Mortia? sounds fun.
>>
>>43240446
>we fuck her while high and wake up cuddling
>brother is staring at us with a shit eating grin
>>
>>43240462
>implying we're gonna be the one the fuck her
>>
>>43240513
Thats the surprise, we're actually cuddling with a bear elf, mortia is across the room getting a bukkake
>>
Mormor a best
>>
>>43239602
So, we get to fuck whatever bitch we desire during these nine days right?
>>
>>43241032
As long as they're Samjan.
>>
yo can we read books during this time skip?
i'm sure we can do that while getting treated like royalty.
>>
>>43241065
lolno
>>
>>43241065
>reading books
lol what a nerd
>>
File: Mortia.jpg (250 KB, 640x850) Image search: [Google]
Mortia.jpg
250 KB, 640x850
With an elaborate, and exaggerated, sigh you begin the march up to the front of the column, much to the apparent approval of the cheering crowd. You stop occasionally to tend to the wounded, but soon you're being dragged along. Someone lifts you up on their shoulders, and you're placed clumsily on top of someone's shield. Soon you're being carried above the crowd like some sort of sacred idol, before being roughly deposited in front of your brother.

You stumble from the crowd, your brother catching you by the shoulders. “Hope you didn't mind my having a little fun at your expense.” He sighs just quiet enough that the crowd can't hear. He claps you on the shoulder, propping you upright before taking you by the wrist and bending down to the do the same to Mortia, who seems quite embarrassed by this whole debacle. She refuses to even meet your eye. Your brother throws your and Mortia's arms into the air, though he's much more careful with Mortia than he is with you. After all, you're the same height as him. Mortia barely measures up to his chest. He could probably lift her up in the air if he wanted to.

Adopting a somber tone, he launches into some sort of formal declaration you've never heard before. Granted you were never much of a military man, but this seems like something of an obscure ritual no matter how you look at it. “I stand before you to declare that, as they have been chosen by the righteousness of Pani and the fury of Surya, Sheikh Mikhael of the Abdul-Hakim and the clanless human Mortia will be recognized as Matha.”

(1/3)
>>
can we at least take some time to try and make some amends with Chryssa? She's still giving Mik a very cold shoulder.
>>
File: Zaahir Abdul-Hakim.jpg (1 MB, 1100x943) Image search: [Google]
Zaahir Abdul-Hakim.jpg
1 MB, 1100x943
He pauses, the crowd chanting your and Mortia's names repeatedly. There doesn't seem to be any organization regarding who says which name, so it just sort of becomes an unintelligible wall of noise. This goes on for maybe thirty seconds before they fall slowly quiet, and your brother resumes his speech. “Their triumph shall be held upon our return to Nazir! Until then, I encourage you all to see that your wounds are healed and to get as much rest as you're able. We begin marching at nightfall.”

That gives you a solid seven or so hours to kill. Maybe you could squeeze in a meditation session in the warped lands where the portal once resided, or go about healing a few more of the wounded. After all, starting with a force of more than six hundred men your brother's army has been reduced to a bare two hundred. He lost more than half of the men he mustered.

Your brother lets your and Mortia's arms drop to your sides and you quickly find yourselves surrounded by well-wishing soldiers as soon as Zaahir retreats towards his tent. You don't particularly chafe under the attention, despite the fact many of them seem to have started calling you 'Degenerate' as some sort of nickname. You really hope that doesn't stick.

Mortia on the other hand is completely overwhelmed. You think she's just sort of shut down amidst the crowd of men shouting in slurred and unintelligible Rhynian that she “did job good day”. She stares in wide-eyed confusion, struggling to mutter out anything in response.

(2/3)
>>
>>43241180
She'll get over it in a few months.
>>
You manage to extricate yourself from the crowd and grab Mortia by the wrist, tugging her along with you as you retreat towards the tents, much to the amusement of the soldiers. Their hoots and jeers follow you all the way to the various tents the healers have erected higher up the side of the dune. She relaxes once you're well away from the crowd, but you still get the impression her nerves are fried.

You put a comforting hand on her shoulder, switching with some minor difficulty back to Rhynian after so long spent speaking your native tongue. “Relax, Mortia. They admire you. Try to enjoy the adoration of the crowd, yeah?”

She nods, twisting her fingers into her long black hair. “I know, I'm just... not used to so much attention. I was raised in a fucking swamp my whole life in a house that most people couldn't even see, Mik. You think I ever had much by way of company?”

>Ask her to help you tend to the wounded, that ought to get her mind off things.
>Suggest she get some rest while you head out to meditate with some of the other Vatis.
>Tell her it's something she'll just have to get used to, then find an unoccupied tent to get some sleep.
>Screw sleep! You've got a massive backlog of books. Find a nice spot on top of the dune to sit your ass down and read.
>Write-in
>>
>>43241223
>>Screw sleep! You've got a massive backlog of books. Find a nice spot on top of the dune to sit your ass down and read.
>>
>>43241223
>Tend to the Wounded
>>
>>43241223
>Screw sleep! You've got a massive backlog of books. Find a nice spot on top of the dune to sit your ass down and read.
>>
>>43241223

Why you no doctor yet?!
>>
>>43241223
>Ask her to help you tend to the wounded, that ought to get her mind off things.

We can save more people.
>>
>>43241223
>>Ask her to help you tend to the wounded, that ought to get her mind off things.
>>
>>43241223
>Suggest she get some rest while you head out to meditate with some of the other Vatis.
>>
>>43241193
>squeeze in a meditation session in the warped lands where the portal once resided
YES!
>>
>>43241223
>>Ask her to help you tend to the wounded, that ought to get her mind off things.
Maybe we'll finally have it confirmed that it was her who cried
>>
>>43241223
>>
>>43241223
>>
>>43241223
Heal bitchin' it up.
>>
>>43241223
>>
>>43241223
>>Suggest she get some rest while you head out to meditate with some of the other Vatis.
>>
>>43241223
>>
>>43241223
We probably caused atleast half of these injuries by shooting down our brothers idea of meeting the enemy, and then by further opening the portal
>>
>>43241223
>>
>>43241223
>squeeze in a meditation session in the warped lands where the portal once resided
>>
>>43241223
>>43241258
Do it.
>Meditate on the portal site.
>>
>>43241223
Bonding time tbh
>>
>>43241223
>>Screw sleep! You've got a massive backlog of books. Find a nice spot on top of the dune to sit your ass down and read.
>>
>>43241223
Save those that we can.
>>
>>43241290
>retarded diplomancer detected
Meeting with the enemy before hand would have led to him killing our brother, which would have almost certainly lost us the battle. Soma has literally confirmed this. Diplomacy was never an option.
>>
>>43241223
>>
>>43241223
>>Suggest she get some rest while you head out to meditate with some of the other Vatis.
>>
>>43241223
Tend to the wounded while we gather vatis and roll around some plans for meditation
>>
Calling the vote so I can count.
>>
>>43241335
>>43241322
>>43241294
>>43241290
>>43241275
>>43241267
>>43241266
>>43241263
>>43241259
>>43241254
>>43241250
>>43241239
>>43241361
>Tend the wounded.

>>43241356
>>43241354
>>43241278
>>43241277
>>43241295
>>43241258
>>43241256
>>43241297
>Meditate in the warped lands.

>>43241236
>>43241242
>>43241243
>>43241275
>>43241332
>Read

So you'll tend to the wounded and then meditate in what time you have left afterwards.
>>
>>43241197
I highly doubt that. She seems to be the type that carries long grudges. mik friend zoned her when she was showing subtle interest in mik, and then when and had casual sex behind her back while she was still under the impression that Mik will marry her in the near future. And that affair was just after we went off to go and kill her husband. Even though we've managed to talk her down into letting go of her immediate urge to kill us in the fallout of that affair, it still left a VERY bad taste in her mouth.
>>
>>43241417
nobody cares
>>
>>43241417
>She seems to be the type that carries long grudges.
Insanity meter is what causes this for her. Lower insanity, and she doesn't hold grudges as hard anymore. Which is why we gave her the Sanity Ring.

> had casual sex behind her back while she was still under the impression that Mik will marry her in the near future.
She literally agreed before the incident even happened that it was best for the both of them if they didn't pursue a relationship.
>>
Rolled 9, 5, 8 = 22 (3d10)

>>43241408
rolling to bring some fuckers from the dead
>>
Rolled 7, 6, 1 = 14 (3d10)

>>43241544
watch this be a nat 3 and we create undead
>>
>>43241511
I dont think insanity works that way, and to the second, she was obviously not being truthful about how she felt, either to us or to herself. Its blatantly obvious

>>43241465
not true
>>
Actually, yeah. Go ahead and roll to see how many you bring back.

3d10+18 vs DC... let's do tiered DCs. 30 to bring back even those moments away from death, their souls already halfway out of their body. 25 to bring back the severely wounded, those who have lost limbs and are barely breathing. The DC to bring back those with moderate to severe wounds who are still conscious would be 20, which is too low for you to fail even if you roll a Nat 3.
>>
File: 1274943965914.jpg (200 KB, 704x500) Image search: [Google]
1274943965914.jpg
200 KB, 704x500
Rolled 8, 6, 5 + 18 = 37 (3d10 + 18)

>>43241653
>>
Rolled 10, 4, 10 = 24 (3d10)

>>43241653
Feel my power
>>
Rolled 6, 10, 1 + 18 = 35 (3d10 + 18)

>>43241653
>>
Rolled 9, 4, 5 + 18 = 36 (3d10 + 18)

>>43241653
>>
>>43241670
>>43241672
>>43241677
>37, 42, 35 vs DC 30
>Great Success!
Writin' for Literally Jesus.
>>
>>43241701
Let me see if I got the values right +8 from GM, +4 from healing GM, +6 from tatoo?
>>
Jews are shit, why the fuck do you guys keep haggling
>>
File: 1445640767729.jpg (136 KB, 560x570) Image search: [Google]
1445640767729.jpg
136 KB, 560x570
>>43241569
>I dont think insanity works that way
It literally does. Insanity affects every person differently, and Soma has told us that this is how it affects Chrys. Why do you think we were in a hurry to give her the ring? It speeds along her getting over her grudge.

>she was obviously not being truthful
>Its blatantly obvious
>m-muh waifu obviously didn't mean what she said
Whatever you say anon. Whatever you say.

>not true
It really is, though.
>>
File: Smug Jew.png (23 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Smug Jew.png
23 KB, 256x256
>>43241767
+8 from GM, +4 from GM trait, +4 from the tattoo, and +2 from Anatomy knowledge

>>43241776
>Not wanting to haggle
Goy pls go
>>
>>43241783
well, if that guy cares, and I also care, well, that makes you at least two kinds of wrong.
>>
>>43241815
Nobody cares.
>>
Rolled 2, 7, 8 + 18 = 35 (3d10 + 18)

>>43241653
5 rolls left until we can have a nat affect shit.
>>
>>43241815
>implying chrysfags are people
>implying they even exist after being anally demolished
>implying you are a sentient piece of Sodium given access to an internet connection for scientific purposes
Nobody cares.
>>
>>43241875
But he is nobody.
>>
Rolled 6, 7, 7 + 18 = 38 (3d10 + 18)

>>43241874
>>
Rolled 4, 8, 7 + 18 = 37 (3d10 + 18)

>>
Rolled 6, 9, 5 + 18 = 38 (3d10 + 18)

>>
You know we should really go for battle meditation soon.
>>
Rolled 7, 2, 5 + 18 = 32 (3d10 + 18)

>>43241653
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 9 + 18 = 31 (3d10 + 18)

the final roll is?
>>43241934
we still are shit at fighting we need to be at a higher level first.
>>
>>43241951
We're as good as a war veteran.
>>
>>43241990
i'm mainly talking about the bonus it gives it used to give a -, but now its 0 i believe.
>>
>>43241990
I'd hope so, considering we're literally veterans
>>
>>43242026
It's +2 anon.
>>
>>43242042
oh yeah my bad i forgot we leveled it up some time ago, but the bonus is still too low and if you want to increase our master of the fighting style soma straight up said it would be better to do actual training.
>>
>>43242112
I don't care about meditation on forms though just getting battle meditation.
>>
File: votes.png (193 KB, 341x247) Image search: [Google]
votes.png
193 KB, 341x247
Hot OC coming through. Applies to this quest in particular.
>>
>>43242151
isn't there an edit where the kid says some fucked up shit about his mom?
>>
>>43242151
change the eat to have
>>
File: votesAnother.png (192 KB, 341x247) Image search: [Google]
votesAnother.png
192 KB, 341x247
>>43242151
Myself is never satisfied.
>>
OH SHIT SOMA, YOU'RE RUNNING

ARE YOU FEELING OKAY
>>
>>43242250
>being this late to the party
>>
File: Gee_4714c9_1047695.jpg (52 KB, 448x458) Image search: [Google]
Gee_4714c9_1047695.jpg
52 KB, 448x458
>>43242183
>>
>>43242238
make it Two whole votes. I feel like it could use some emphasis
Took me way to long to get the spelling for emphasis
>>
File: votesAnotherAnother.png (192 KB, 341x247) Image search: [Google]
votesAnotherAnother.png
192 KB, 341x247
>>43242339
The original is just "Two wieners", but here you go anyway.
>>
SPIRIT HEALING CONFIRMED GET HYPE
WE BOUTTA GO FULL NECROMANCER
>>
>>43242683
Where?
>>
>>43242728
The hug box most likely
>>
>>43242683
>NECROMANCER
Gay
>>
>>43242743
I'll hug your box if you see what I'm saying.
>>
File: 1434864416500.gif (2 MB, 331x351) Image search: [Google]
1434864416500.gif
2 MB, 331x351
>>43242770
I think I get what your saying.
>>
rip Soma
>>
You let your vys seep from your pores, slowly filling your surroundings while you speak with Mortia. “If the attention of others truly makes you so uncomfortable, I recommend you prepare yourself. You're going to be the center of attention for the next nine days.”

She scrunches up her face, staring off further and further in front of you. You're not really sure what she's looking at until she reaches out and pokes you in the gut. “Why are you spreading your vys out like that? Are you casting a spell? Just get on with it already, throwing it away like that is wasteful.”

You focus your will, encouraging your vys to fill more and more of the healer's camp. When finally you sense that the entire camp is covered you reconnect the lost vys to your reserves and start channeling it into the bodies of the wounded. All at once the unconscious spring back to life, cuts knit themselves closed, bones mend, and limbs begin to regrow. In one grand instance you've healed forty or more soldiers to perfect health.

“That's why I was 'wasting' my vys. I'm combining two techniques, one to cast a spell remotely and the other to cast a spell over a wide area.” You explain, unable to resist grinning like a cocky bastard. “Really, Mortia. You should consider brushing up on your metamagic and effects. You might be a skilled Vatis, but without supplementary effects and metamagic you're really limiting yourself.”

She moodily folds her arms underneath her chest. “I've told you before, I'm not a Vatis. I'm a Venefica. I'm not even supposed to fight, I'm supposed to sit nice and comfortable in my lab and breathe in toxic fumes until I'm dizzy.” After a moment's hesitation, she continues. “Though I admit, it would be useful to expand my knowledge of magic beyond the basic elements. I simply lack the means to teach myself.”
(1/5)
>>
Mortia adopts a wry tone, twisting her limps into a sardonic smile. “Now if only I knew someone who carried around a veritable library in their cloak, maybe I could correct that failing.”

You pull open your cloak and gesture towards the black plane which separates your world from the void with an elaborate flourish. “By all means, what's mine is yours. All you've got to do is ask.”

She looks a little surprised by your offer. “Wait, really? Because I'd love to look through your stock of books sometime. Not right now, but just in the near future.”

Did she really think you were hoarding the contents of your cloak exclusively for your own, personal use? “That would be fine. Just come find me if you're interested, I've finished reading most of the books I have anyway so I have little use for them.”

You're distracted from your conversation by two soldiers carrying an unconscious man between them, the stump of his forearm leaking blood into the sands. You channel vys and watch as first his bones slowly reform, followed by ligaments and nerve tissue, and finally muscle, fat, and skin. He's lost a lot of blood, but he'll be fine. You could easily restore him to consciousness if you weren't trying to conserve your vys for other task.

Turning, you survey the battlefield. Vultures have already started to descend upon the battlefield, picking at the flesh of the dead and dying with equal vigor. Hundreds of bodies lie scattered across the battlefield, cries for mothers and wives carrying even to your position high up on the side of the dune. “Why don't you stay here and help the healers, I'm sure they'd find your concoctions immensely valuable.” You say, resting a hand on Mortia's shoulder. “I'm going to see if I can't bring back some of those closer to Pani's embrace.”
(2/5)
>>
Your companion simply nods, her previous levity forgotten, and starts pulling vials and herbs out of the various pouches and bags strapped to her person. Meanwhile you wander forward, into blood-slicked sands of the battlefield. In places the rocky soil has actually been churned into mud, so soaked is the land here. Hundreds died, in such a gruesome fashion, so rapidly. You should hardly be surprised.
>Vys Pool: (17/59)

You heal as many as you can using the remnants of your current reserves, but there are a lot of men very severely wounded and clinging to life by little more than a thread. At this point the only people still alive out here are those so severely wounded that the healers left them to die, unable to waste resources fighting a hopeless battle. You labor until you're exhausted and on the cusp of collapsing yourself before finally allowing yourself a break, your vision swimming and your head pounding.
>Vys Pool: (1/59)

Yet the desperate cries of the dying urge you forward. Recalling the ring you received from Mahana, you draw deep and greedy from its built up reserve, surprised by how large it's grown over the last several days. In no time at all you've filled your reserves completely and the ring still has some to spare afterwards. You wonder if it collected the vys you bled off during your soul-stripping meditation?
>Vys Pool: (59/59)
(3/5)
>>
Finding your second wind, you throw yourself completely into the task of healing the wounded. Wherever you walk across the battlefield limbs sprout from shattered torsos, bring back to life men which anyone else would've thought long dead. You force the hearts of the recently deceased to beat again, dragging them away from Pani's open arms or Surya's firey maw with equal prejudice.

It's as you're healing a young man, no older than fourteen and missing nearly the entirety of his right side, that your luck finally runs out. You've just finished restoring his limbs and begun work on rebuilding his lung that he slips away from you, your vys simply rolling off the soulless corpse. You simply sigh, preparing to move on to the next when an idea occurs to you.
>Vys Pool: (44/59)

Sitting down on the blood-soaked ground you force yourself into a trance. It's surprisingly simple, exhausted as you are. As you slip deeper and deeper into the black, a thousand, thousand points of light fill your surroundings like the constellations of the night sky. The souls of your army, the souls of the recently departed, the and the souls of the men and women beyond the scope of the horizon all manifesting as gleaming golden orbs.

It's the souls of the recently departed which interest you most. They float daintily through the air, stripped of their outer shell so that only the divine core remains. You note that each and every one of the shards of divinity has been stripped of the black stone shell which usually surrounds it, leaving only the blinding light within. Some of the shards seem to just... wink out, vanishing without any sort of warning, but most are drifting slowly towards the twisted lands where the portal used to lie.

(4/5)
>>
Those that reach the edge of the twisted lands vanish instantly. Perhaps... they're slipping between the threads of reality? That would make the most sense to you. Does everyone experience this when they die? Why have you never seen it before when you meditated in the presence of the recently departed, like when you were torturing that bandit in the name of experimentation?

Regardless, you focus yourself. The soul nearest the corpse of the boy you'd been healing is probably his, that seems a reasonably assumption, so you focus all of your efforts on grabbing it and dragging it back. It's a difficult task, incredibly so, but slowly you manage to wrangle the gleaming shard of divinity back into where you think the boy's corpse is supposed to be. You can only perceive it as a sort of vague outline in the black, but you're relatively confident in your placement.

However, much to your disappointment the moment you release your hold the soul simply starts drifting off towards that warped area in the desert left behind by the opening to the void. On a hunch you drag it back and hold it still, channeling Metal magic into the shard and into the boy's corpse as well. That worked for you, at least. Reinforcing your soul with Metal magic. Sure enough, some sort of inky black substance slowly starts to bleed from what appears to be the fabric of reality itself, weaving itself into a shell around the boy's soul.
(5/6)
>>
There's a powerful pulse of magic as the shell finishes forming around the divine shard, and you're forcefully woken from your trance as a result. You're quick to restart the boy's heart and finish mending what damage remains to his body. You think he's alive, his heart continues beating even after you cut the flow of vys and he appears very faintly green through the filter of Nature magic, but he's still unconscious and probably won't wake up any time soon.
>Vys Pool: (34/59)

You might have just brought someone well and truly dead back to life.

>You'll need to keep a close eye on the kid, to make sure he doesn't turn into some sort of horrible flesh-eating monster. Finish up healing as many of the wounded as you can, then drag him back to camp for observation.
>Meh, he's not your problem any longer. Finish up healing the wounded, drag the boy back to camp, and then gather some Vatis for a meditation.
>Write-in
>>
>>43243211
>You'll need to keep a close eye on the kid, to make sure he doesn't turn into some sort of horrible flesh-eating monster. Finish up healing as many of the wounded as you can, then drag him back to camp for observation.
>>
>>43243211
>>You'll need to keep a close eye on the kid, to make sure he doesn't turn into some sort of horrible flesh-eating monster. Finish up healing as many of the wounded as you can, then drag him back to camp for observation.

God damn. Metal Magic is some cool beans.
>>
>>43243211
>>
>>43243211
>>You'll need to keep a close eye on the kid, to make sure he doesn't turn into some sort of horrible flesh-eating monster. Finish up healing as many of the wounded as you can, then drag him back to camp for observation.
>>
>>43243126
>I've finished reading most of the books I have anyway
My hairy puckered asshole.

>so I have little use for them.
I suppose that part is true, though for other reasons.
>>
>>43243227
The internal metal magic is the best since it is the most effective way of using it.
>>
>>43243211
Mik is Jesus
>>
File: 1445035326919.jpg (884 KB, 687x1467) Image search: [Google]
1445035326919.jpg
884 KB, 687x1467
>>43243211

Can we keep him Uncle Pat?
>>
>>43243211

We just became a true necromancer! Hopefully this doesn't create some greater void fiend or something.
>>
>>43243211
>Meh, he's not your problem any longer. Finish up healing the wounded, drag the boy back to camp, and then gather some Vatis for a meditation.
but seriously
>>
>>43243211
Keep an eye on the kid
>>
I feel like Soma is presenting us with a delicious bait choice.
>>
>>43243211
>>
>>43243211
New companion get!
>>
>>43243412
>new companion
>implying
>>
shouldn't we reinforce our soul one last time or open the metal codex to get new info?
>>
>>43243446
Nature
>>
>>43243226
>>43243227
>>43243228
>>43243232
>>43243276
>>43243288
>>43243300
>>43243303
>>43243329
>>43243361
>>43243412
>Dis lil' nigga is special. Betta watch him.
>>
>>43243469
We'll certainly need it for the jungles.
>>
>>43243476
This our little nigga now
>>
>>43243476
we brought that nigga back to life, he our nigga now.
>>
>>43243211
>and he appears very faintly green through the filter of Nature magic

Well, once we build a shrine here we should talk to the Cat about this. Maybe offer to send him the kid as a servant and give him the credit for bringing him back to life? Because I do not want people to know about this yet.
>>
>>43243532
>>43243517
Actually thats not how it works nigga

If someone doesn't claim the lil nigga within 7 hours then hes our nigga to teach how to git gud cause holy shit he got rekt
>>
>>43243569
Send him to the academy to be Ayy lmao's husbando.
>>
>>43243532
>>43243651
Yes.
>>
>>43243673
>>43243651
DEGENERATES
>>
>>43243651
>Racemixing
>>
>>43243673
>>43243651
No.
hes our fuckboi now
>>
>>43243751
Degenerate
>>
>>43243747
Oh shut up grandpa
>>
>>43243753
>fugging little boys
>degenerate
Pick one.
>>
>>43243753
And damn proud, we'll fuck Ayyy and we'll fuck this nigger, we'll be the degenerate king.
>>
>>43243782
>>43243796
Well, we already fucked a human. So this isn't nearly as bad as that.

I mean, you two are faggot ass pedos. But I guess this IS 4chan, and you ARE niggers.
>>
>>43243832
Do you even know what you're arguing, because I don't.
>>
>>43243832
>being this much of a normie
Normalfags get the fuck out of my quest.
>>
>>43243862
> Not knowing /tg/ has been "normie" since the great cuckening.

Get back to /r9k/ sad frog man. The boy isn't even a decent trap, it's disgusting.
>>
>>43243891
>>43243862
Would you two get a room for fucks sake
>>
>>43243891
Soma finally chose a pic?
>>
>>43243920
His mummy said he is grounded and can't have friends over though since he threw his tendies out while having a tempy tampy.

WEW LAD.
>>
File: Kid.jpg (23 KB, 405x750) Image search: [Google]
Kid.jpg
23 KB, 405x750
>>43243926
>>
>>43244143
Don't you lie to anons
>>
>>43243891
>The boy isn't even a decent trap
We can create illusions.
>>
>>43244154
I aint do nuthin
>>
>>43243782
>boys
Degenerate
>>
>>43244358
>being an actual gayfag
Who invited this asshole?
>>
You stand, your legs feeling unusually weak. If you've really accomplished what you think you've accomplished, you think this might be the first time in history the truly dead have been brought back to life. There have been claims of such in the past, and you know that liches return from the dead, but you have a vague sense that this isn't quite the same as a lich. You haven't crafted him some new body or anything of that sort, nor trapped his soul in some sort of phylactery. You've dragged his soul away from the void, shoved it back into his body, and sealed it inside with Metal magic.

You scan the battlefield for more wounded, but at this point most of those you could've saved have already perished. Just for the sake of being thorough you walk all the way to one end of the field of corpses, healing a few more of the less injured men who the healers haven't yet reached, then return to the young man you revived.

Hoisting the boy over one shoulder you carry him back to camp. Teams of soldiers have started to collect the corpses of the dead to be gathered up and burned en masse, while the bulk of the surviving force, now numbering more than three hundred thanks in large part to your efforts, seem to have migrated to the other side of the dune to celebrate well away from the smell of death.

Mortia, Darzi, Zahak, and Profectus are nowhere to be found. However, Fulvia and Chryssa are playing some sort of game with stones in front of their shared tent. You've still got around three or so hours until sunset, so you drag the boy over to the healer's camp and set him down in the sands, collapsing next to the unconscious youth to relax and keep an eye on him. After all, you don't want him turning into some sort of horrible abomination tainted by the void.
(1/3)
>>
You watch the corpse crews gathering up the dead while listening to the sounds of revelry from the other side of the dune. They strip the dead of whatever usable gear they're still wearing and then drag their corpses over to a vast pile being built a little bit forward of the former front lines. Theirs is no easy task, but after two hours they've got most of the bodies stacked up and most of the gear collected neatly. A few Water Vatis are serving to wash blood and other bodily fluids off the reclaimed armor, while priest walk around the corpse pile in a broad circle reciting prayers and occasionally sprinkling the dead with water.

When it's all said and done a team of Fire vatis step forward and send tongues of flame licking out across the gathered dead. The fire soon catches on the clothes they were left, and soon the entire pile has gone up in flame. It's a massive bonfire spewing foul black smoke skyward. A ritual to send the spirits of the dead into Pani's embrace.

Curious to realize now how useless the ritual is. In the past it would've brought you comfort, but now you know the true fate of a man's soul when he dies. Consigned to vanish into the void, that endless realm of monsters. You wonder what happens there. Does Pani truly send them back into the world, to be born again, or are they preyed upon by the natives and consumed for the power they may bring?

Somehow you doubt that. It would seem as though any shard of the divine which had previously been apart of someone's soul would be permanently tainted by the mortal realm, and thus despised by most creatures of the void. However, you simply don't know for sure one way or the other.
(2/3)
>>
The boy has yet to awake when you hear the cries of protest and annoyance that mark the end of the festivities, a messenger from your brother swinging through the healer's tent to tell everyone you're about to march. Mortia appears from one of the tents, fingers stained blue by some unknown substance and eyes surrounded by black rings. You're not sure if it's paint or the result of some sort of potion she ingested. She doesn't seem particularly concerned by them either way, nor does she seem uncomfortable.

Zahak's voice filters through your thoughts tinged with worry. {Papa, people are shouting about going back to the city. I think someone mentioned trying to attach a cart to my back. I don't want to pull a cart.}

>Tell him to join you in the healer's camp. You'll strap the boy to a cart and trust that he'll make it back to the city while you fly ahead on Zahak's back.
>Just tell him to meet you back at the city. You're not letting this kid out of your sight for even a second.
>You can keep an eye on the kid without abandoning Zahak. He can just walk alongside you or fly above the column.
>He should pull a cart, it's only fair. He is huge and terrifying, and most of the men are probably exhausted.
>Write-in
>>
>>43244539
>>You can keep an eye on the kid without abandoning Zahak. He can just walk alongside you or fly above the column.
>>
>>43244539
>You can keep an eye on the kid without abandoning Zahak. He can just walk alongside you or fly above the column.

Can we fly back on Zahak's back with the kid?
>>
>>43244539
>>
>>43244539
Create some golems/constructs to pull carts
>>
>>43244539
So mortia got high and banged some dude?
>>
>>43244573
>Create some golems/constructs to pull carts
Sure why not?
>>
>>43244539
>A WHOLE NEW WORLD
>>
>>43244539
>>
>>43244573
Sure
>>
>>43244589
Her kiss could kill a dude.
>>
>>43244573
Seconding cart golems. Leech from dying enemy soldiers to refill our vys pool
>>
>>43244573
sounds cool
>>
>>43244539
>>
>>43244573
This.

Ain't no son of ours going to be turned into a mere packmule.
>>
>>43244539
>He should pull a cart, it's only fair. He is huge and terrifying, and most of the men are probably exhausted.
> He should demand compensation though, in coin.

WE WILL TEACH OUR SON TO JEW.
>>
>>43244539
The fuck soma? Weren't we supposed to meditate?
>>
>>43244738
We did
>>
>>43244738
We chose not to.
>>
We should create a few golems using perma and store them in our cloak for situations like these. It's preferable to spending vys.
>>
>>43244738
We decided to heal more bitches and then take the kid back to the tent instead of meditate. Did you not pay attention to the last vote?
>>
>>43244633
>>43244595
>>43244573
>>43244570
>>43244569
>>43244555
>Zahak flies with the column, kid gets dragged along in a cart.

>>43244686
>Pull a cart, demand money

And making golems to help with the carts seems popular, so you'll do that. I assume that by golems people actually mean puppets, since y'all haven't really spent much time making true golems.

>>43244738
People voted against it here >>43243211
At least, against meditating in the field of distortion created by the portal to the void.
>>
>>43244738
Didn't we meditate to bring that kid's soul back from the void?

>>43244539
Does that mean we get a meditation towards Metal GM boss?
>>
>>43244793
No anon. We did not.
>>
I'll have Mik drain the rest of the vys ring to make the golems, and actually now that I think about it your armor should've been restoring vys to your pool over the last couple of hours.

So your vys pool will be 41 after I take into account the vys gained over the last 7 hours.
Actually that's enough to make it work, you won't need to drain the ring.
>>
>>43244787
Anons can't distinguish between puppets and golems. Never have, and they never will.
>>
>>43244787
Are we going to give the cat a shrine here before we leave?
>>
>>43244855
No, we are not.
>>
>>43244787
>since y'all haven't really spent much time making true golems.
STILL MAD
>>
>>43244855
Ah, thanks for reminding me Anon. I could have Mik run out and due that real quick before leaving.

Quick vote then
>Build Mahana a shrine in the warped lands, meaning you could easily return in the future from another shrine.
>Don't build Mahana a shrine, it might destabilize the warped lands.
>>
>>43244887
>>
>>43244887
>>
>>43244887
>Due that
Fuck.
I'm going to run out for food real quick.
>>
>>43244887
>Build Mahana a shrine in the warped lands, meaning you could easily return in the future from another shrine.
>>
>>43244887
>Don't
>>
>>43244887
>>Don't build Mahana a shrine, it might destabilize the warped lands.
>>
>>43244887
>>
>>43244887
>>
>>43244887
Can we contact Mr. Kitty and ask him what he thinks would happen?
>>
>>43244887
>>Build Mahana a shrine in the warped lands, meaning you could easily return in the future from another shrine.
>>
>>43244887
>>
>>43244887
>Build Mahana a shrine in the warped lands, meaning you could easily return in the future from another shrine
>>
>>43244887
Before this vote do we know how shrines work IC?
>>
>>43244887
Don't
>>
>>43244887
Ok I'm not voting on that unless you confirm if we know wether or not it'll Destabilize and reopen the void here.
>>
>>43244887
>>
>>43244887
>>
>>43244887
Damn you Soma
>>
>>43244920
>Can I please have the cat fuck my mouth.
>>
>>43244887

We should ask Mahana first. Until then better not.
>>
>>43244887
>>
>>43244928
Kitty lend us some of his power to build his shrine.
>>
>>43244887
>>
>>43244887
>>
>>43244887
>Build Mahana a shrine in the warped lands, meaning you could easily return in the future from another shrine
>>
>>43244887

When has building a shrine ever destabilized *anything?* We know how they work for Christ's sake.
>>
>>43244855
>>
>>43244887
>>
>>43244958
No i mean like what they do to areas around ir how they draw power that sorta stuff I feel like he told us but I cant remember rather know that if possible before I vote
>>
>>43244887
Do not trust the liars sweetened promises
>>
Of course if building a shrine would cause the area to destabilize then meditating without will.
>>
>>43244887
>>
>>43244887
>>
>>43245010
*without a doubt will
>>
>>43244887
>>
>>43244887

If there's anyone at all monitoring this rift, it ought to be the cat.
>>
>>43245014
It's 45 IPs + Soma.

16 is the number of files.
>>
The don't option means we'll just build one nearby where it won't destabilise the shitty reality, surely?
>>
>>43245014
what if they samefagged for the option which you have chosen
would you whine so much then bitch ass nigga
>>
>>43244887
As if we will ever enchant things
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.