[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats better for complete a noob playing a rogue or a cleric
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1444284305821.gif (503 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1444284305821.gif
503 KB, 500x333
Whats better for complete a noob playing a rogue or a cleric
>>
>>43095669

What system?

If it's 3.PF, Cleric, rogues are terrible and Clerics can be built as combat monsters.

If it's a balanced system, do you want to be clerical or roguish?
>>
>>43095669
def cleric
Rogues are pretty difficult because they have to know about tactics to use their backstab/sneakattack.
>>
If you're playing Pathfinder, pick up a Rogue. Not an Unchained Rogue, just a normal one.

If you're playing DnD 5e, do not pick Cleric under any circumstances, they are the weakest class.
>>
>complete noob
>casters

Definitely start with something that doesn't have a bunch of spells to keep track of. Nothing is more frustrating than spending half a session while a guy fumbles through source books to figure out what he can do.
>>
>>43095767

Clerics -> Weakest Class
Nigga, what?
WHAT?
How?
>>
Fighter.
>>
>>43095669
Complete noob here, I like Bard.
>>
>>43096084
This for a complete noob.
>>
>>43095767
>Caster
>Weakest

What?
>>
>>43095669

Choose what appeals to you, learn that.
>>
>>43095669
rogues are shit
clerics are not that easy
if complete noob give him a druid
he gets to summon a bear, and turn into a bear, and have a bear companion, and the three of them get to beargang up on people.
>>
I'm a noob playing 3.5 as a rogue right now and it's going pretty well for me. Yes, I kinda suck at combat, but outside of it I do everything for the party. You get the most random trained skills out of anyone.

It really depends on whether you look forward to fighting or roleplaying more.
>>
File: Full Retard.jpg (56 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Full Retard.jpg
56 KB, 1366x768
>>43095767
>>
The cleric is one of the easiest classes to play but also the most fun one.
Half your personality is pretty much dictated by what god you chose, even someone totally new to the hobby can roleplay a decent cleric in their sleep as long as they read up on the character's religion a bit. That plus basically no restrictions on what you can build your character into.
>>
>>43095767
>they are the weakest class.
That would be rangers.
>>
For 3.5/PF I'd say cleric since you don't have to plan your feats and shit ahead as much

Otherwise it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>43095669
Cleric. In order to fend off >>43095913, make some simple spell cards to represent your each daily spell selection with easy reference for effects.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.