[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like Dark Fantasy in your tabletop? Why and why not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Artorias and Guts.jpg (342 KB, 815x538) Image search: [Google]
Artorias and Guts.jpg
342 KB, 815x538
Do you like Dark Fantasy in your tabletop? Why and why not?

Personally I run almost entirely Dark Fantasy Berserk-esque stuff. After a while I could see the players not getting attached to npc's because they know the meta of dark fantasy and the best npc's have the worst time and stuff like that.
>>
File: 9a9.png (6 KB, 256x253) Image search: [Google]
9a9.png
6 KB, 256x253
>Every game I run is like this anime
>>
File: 1441624985453.gif (129 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1441624985453.gif
129 KB, 720x480
>>43091186
this thread seems very, very familiar
>>
Dark is boring.

Bright for life!
>>
>>43091186
>Why and why not?
because it's a change from the usual stuff...

sadly it may become a done to death thing soon at the rate it's going...
>>
>>43091328
>>43091307

OP here

You guys are meanie heads.
>>
>>43091307
Well, Berserk is just western pulp fantasy through a super grimdark filter.
>>
>>43091627
Shut the fuck up, OP.
>>
>>43091944
/tg/ is super pussy today.
>>
>>43091935
but it appears to have at least been done RIGHT...

that and I've yet to read the new chapters that have finally started to come out again...

I'm actually brewing something reasonably dark and mildly Grimm, I have great sweeping swatches of setting and some base plot.

anyone interested in the (most up to date) version of the setting?(now with NPCs and a basic Religion)
>>
>>43091186
>Do you like Dark Fantasy in your tabletop?
I like dark fantasy, but take all things in moderation. It becomes dull rather quick if every campaign I play has pretty much the same setting and overall tone.
>>
>>43092017
Yeah, I was just saying that every game OP is running being like Berserk is a very general statement compared to any other anime. All you need is a general tone of unease, shit-tonnes of violence and body horror, and a smattering of philosophy. Boom, Berserk-inspired game.
And sure, yeah, settings are always welcome.
>>
File: bloodbrew.pdf (286 KB, 1x1) Image search: [Google]
bloodbrew.pdf
286 KB, 1x1
>>43092091
this is what I have so far. it's not Berserk inspired...it's Bloodborne inspired.

now if only my computer was compatible with Paint.net...I really need to start on my maps...
>>
If I'm running a fantasy game it's usually dark. I've always been a fan of CoC Dark Ages and Warhammer Fantasy RP but it's been ages since I've had anything to do with them now that my usual group doesn't know or care much about either flavor of Warhammer and I'm trying to sell them on Delta Green.

The art style in Darkest Dungeon is sort of what I've always pictured when I think "dark fantasy". I wish the setting was more fleshed out, from the bits and pieces you get from the game it seems like there is some interesting stuff going on outside the Estate.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.