[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is life insurance fraud an issue in some fantasy worlds with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: waitingroomskelly.jpg (136 KB, 1200x1798) Image search: [Google]
waitingroomskelly.jpg
136 KB, 1200x1798
Is life insurance fraud an issue in some fantasy worlds with resurrection magic?
>>
>>43086207
Life insurance is probably just different. Like, you pay the premiums and then if you die they cover the costs of resurrection.
>>
High Fantasy Doc Wagon
>>
>>43086207
Really?
So from a pathfinder standpoint, raise dead, the lowest level res spell, costs 5 thousand to cast and puts 2 negative levels on the dead person.
Average person makes what? 2 gold a year. So any life insurance policy that paid 100 gold would be a pretty big deal.
What I'm saying is, the cost to cast the magic would probably always outweigh the benefit from any "insurance". Also, you have to find some one powerful enough to cast that spell, who also gave a fuck about money.
>>
>>43086207
Sure? None that I read, since the ability to bring back the dead is typically exceptionally rare if it exists at all, and in quite a few of those cases not done outside of the most dire need.

But in settings where resurrection is simple and somewhat easy, why not?
>>
>>43086207
If you're not an adventurer, yes.
If you're an adventurer, you sure as hell could use that life insurance.
>>
>>43086301
This.
Life insurance in a fantasy world with relatively easy Resurrection is just a guarantee that the insurance company will foot the bill for said Resurrection.
>>
>>43086301
>>43086524
>>43088224
there would probably be different tiers for life insurance. anyone unable to affort a policy that includes resurrection would probably have to consent to some kind of scrying or other divination at the time a claim is made. for anyone who does get a resurrection-inclusive policy it'd be as the anons above mentioned, and probably treated more like a personal insurance policy.
>>
>>43086364
Average person makes more than that a week.
>>
File: img000003.png (617 KB, 863x1200) Image search: [Google]
img000003.png
617 KB, 863x1200
Reminds me of the corpse hunters from Dungeon Messy. Shady folks who make money by rezzing the scrubs who get party-wiped and then charging them a percentage of the loot they're carrying at the time as a fee. Good Samaritans will haul 'em back to a safe level and then rez 'em for free if they can afford it. Corpse hunters aren't Good Samaritans.
>>
>>43094142
In pic related, the reason the humie with scar is shutting up the gnome about the treasure bugs is because more noob mistakes means more capital for them.

Yeah, corpse hunters are dicks.
>>
File: Ankh Morpork Fire Brigade.jpg (31 KB, 248x366) Image search: [Google]
Ankh Morpork Fire Brigade.jpg
31 KB, 248x366
>>43086207
Inn-sewer-ants?
>>
>>43088364
Or just different tiers of "coming back to life", as there are a lot of spells that remove the "dead" status.
>>
File: 1439941819589.jpg (226 KB, 457x825) Image search: [Google]
1439941819589.jpg
226 KB, 457x825
>>43086207
Only an idiot would pay up without the body in their hands.

Liches are a special case. They're liches.
>>
>>43086207
Considering how wealthy most peasants are supposed to be, the life insurance policy probably wouldn't cover the cost of a resurrection.
>>
>>43094787
It's all an important part of, in your tongue, reflected-sound-as-of-underground-spirits.
>>
>>43091990
Before expenses.
>>
I presume most life insurance policies have a wealth cut-off then and probably pay for resurrection past that point. A peasant that earns 2 gold a year isn't gonna be able to afford the one that allows resurrection but they wont get rezed anyway so basic covers them. A wealthy dude or an adventurer probably gets the one that pays for resurrection.
>>
>>43086207
Your first death ups your premiums.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.