[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been looking to get my players to try out a new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: photo-original.jpg (504 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.jpg
504 KB, 1536x1152
So I've been looking to get my players to try out a new system, Lamentations of the Flame Princess. We've been playing 5e for a year now and my players are wholly unwilling to even consider something that isn't DnD 5e, so I'm hoping to rope them into something a bit more interesting by using a system that seems a little familiar. What do you guys think? Any suggestions for transitioning from special snowflake adventure time to A more old school "Brutal" system? Also if anyone has any experience with the system and has some tips for house rules and homebrews used that would be greatly appreciated.
>>
GURPS.
>>
First, why are you trying to get them to try something new if they're perfectly happy?

Second, if it's just because YOU'RE unhappy with 5e, have you tried explaining this?
>>
>>43068099

Probably should have explained that. Yeah I hate 5e, to many options so every character ends up being this hyper exotic snowflake half dragon/elf/orc/tiefling thats also an aasimar. I've tried homebrewing the rules a bit to make it a bit more fun to play for me, I am the DM but I can have fun to right? Players don't like the changes because it makes combat and encounters harder. I feel like this is more an issue of Happiness = Reality - Expectation, They expect to be demigods and if they aren't more than that it's not fun; I feel like scaling it back a bit will help with this. When you expect to be shit all the way up to 20th level being anything more than that is pretty nice.
>>
>>43068259

Sounds like a problem with players, not the system.
>>
>>43068259
Yeah, uh, switch group. Alternatively, sure go with LotFP. It's fairly okay for what it is. You might also enjoy Fantasy Craft.

That being said, you might want to just hand off GMing responsibilities to someone else. The situation is just that sort of shitty.
>>
>>43068259
>to many options so every character ends up being this hyper exotic snowflake half dragon/elf/orc/tiefling thats also an aasimar
>Each of these is a race, and one's an optional race that isn't in the PHB
>You can only have one race
Stop bullshitting.
>>
>>43068259
Your players will hate LotFP. It is almost exactly the opposite of a special snowflake MMORPG flavored game.

Maybe you could try playing oneshots with them. High lethality one time adventures where they might actually lose, and you're not just narrating a power fantasy for them. Maybe you could get them to agree by selling them on the challenge aspect of it.
>>
>>43068470

Bad typing on my part, plus a little hyperbole. No ones playing a Assieflingorcelfimar but I suppose my problem is there's no difference between the PCs and their environment. When everyone's some one in a million race, then no one is.
>>
File: 1325146086125.jpg (7 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1325146086125.jpg
7 KB, 240x240
>>43068413
>You might also enjoy Fantasy Craft.
yeah, what a surefire way to reduce the number of options.
>>
>>43068617
>yeah, what a surefire way to reduce the number of options.
It has mechanics to fiat the entire thing onto a certain powerlevel. Which is what OP wanted.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.