[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
starting a drop troop army
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
any tips?
>>
S E N T I N E L S
>>
>>43060684
drop on objectives and hold them with what you got

which faction anyway.

elisions by the pic i would assume
>>
>>43060684
Focus on Air power anon. Air power is how you laugh at all the things the ground war has.
>>
>>43060684
Even if you're drop you can still bring in Manticores.
>>
How's this for the stats of a PDF made up entirely of drop troops?

Trained Troops: 68,000 (50,000 infantry, 8,000 air, 2,000 art)
Administration and support: 8,000
-Aerial Infantry: 45,000
-Air Support: 8,000 (4,000 Valkyries + Vultures)
-Artillery Regiment: 2,000 (300 Griffons) – (6 Regiments)
-Armor Regiment: 300 (36 Leman Russ Conquerors + 12 Annihilators) (48 Tanks - 1 Company)
>>
Vulture gunships with dual punishers, my friend runs 2-3 of these with his elysians every game and it a massacare for any unmounted troops. He uses them to clear objectives ahead of his squads. Sentinels with either flamers or multi meltas as well. Flamers perform the anti troops job if you don't have Vultures, if you do go multimeltas to eliminate enemy armor. Heavy armor lists will be your challenge as the Elysians have light AT units that are easily killed and limited access. So figure what your AT options will be early on. My friend runs 3x Multimeta sentinels, then a unit of 3x Tarous Venators with the twin linked lascannons, but even this is light and all dead usually by turn 2-3 latest
>>
>>43068261
Don't forget the fun of dancing behind vehicles and pouring 20 TL S5 shots into their soft AV10 rear armour.

Personally I have just a rocket pod vulture.
>>
>>43060684
Right so your rules are in IA 3 second edition.
They are still using the fifth edition rulebook however, and this has all the problems you would imagine.

The other ruleset is in IA 4: second edition. This is the D-99 ruleset, and is focused on fielding an extremely elite force (like, outnumbered by Space Marines elite) that is designed to fight filth xenos.

You prob know all this already but just letting you know in case.
>>
>>43068672

D-99 have BS 4 troops also so if you want to run BS 4 Strafing Run Twinlinked Punisher Vultures, that is the army to do it with.
>>
>>43068695
That actually equals out to less overall, as although its BS 5 twin linked, they only get to have two in a squadron.

Regular dudes are BS 4 twin linked, but get to have three. This works out better statistically.
>>
>>43070294
Do regular Guard get them in squadrons? I can't remember.
>>
>>43070323
Not sure. Its an aeronautica thing, they might.

I confess I have no real knowledge of regular guard, just my special snowflake paratroopers.

OOH RAH!

Oh and people forget this, but these guys are just as stubborn and badass as Kriegers. Seriously.
>>
>>43070323
they don't
>>
>>43070793
Well, better hope for Dedicated Valkyries for Guard in the next codex, because at the moment my Fast is cramped.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.