[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I tactically punish two Players?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1438396434611.png (951 KB, 1022x874) Image search: [Google]
1438396434611.png
951 KB, 1022x874
So, a game I was in went south when two Players decided to go full retard; they both moved their characters randomly (making it difficult to tell if they had triggered traps), one went murderhobo and nearly killed a character the rest of the PCs wanted around (and was stopped by said PCs), and the other is such a downer at the table and shit talks everyone so frequently it's pathetic.

It clear to both of them that they're going to reap the whirlwind pretty soon, since I made it abundantly clear that I was getting sick of their shit, but the players are sticking together so much that targeting one normally means targeting them all.

I don't want to outright murder the characters, but I do want to make life a bit more difficult on them. One of them plays, basically, a tank, and the other plays a ranged type. Both are pretty broken, mechanically speaking, but not impossibly so.
>>
>>43053632
>move randomly
>hard to tell if they trigger traps
Explain this.
>>
>>43053649
I'd assume he means they took a convoluted route running around the map, meaning that any individual pressure plates might not get triggered, assuming a grid.

Of course, the simple solution is to just lie and say the trap was there all along, and punish them for sprinting zigzags through a dungeon.
>>
File: 1444106042797.jpg (134 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
1444106042797.jpg
134 KB, 1136x640
>>43053649
So, when I make dungeon layers, I make multiple pathways through certain areas; one or two paths have traps, and one doesn't, normally. Basically, it allows the players to quickly move through areas in the dungeon if they bother to remember which path is without traps.

An example, albeit simplified, would be two parallel paths that have the same destination; one has spikes, and the other doesn't.

The chucklefucks, last session, flat-out moved their characters where the halls recombine rather than just move in small increments down a specific path, like I asked them to. This is the first time they've actively ignored what I've asked from them, though, but it rustles my jimmies.

Or am I being an overly sensitive faggot?
>>
>>43053751

If they refuse to specify which path they took, you as the DM are free to assume whatever you want. Make them take the path with traps every time.
>>
>>43053775
Gotcha. Should I still go about making life a bit more difficult for the two irksome players, though? And how should I go about doing this?
>>
>>43053632
Ask them what their problem with the game is?
>>
>>43053811
You could always kick them out if they're being too much of a problem. If you punish them too unfairly, that makes you look like more of an asshole. Just have realistic consequences for their foolishness, and if they whine, that's on them.
>>
Pretend you're all adults and talk to them/ kick them from the game.
>>
>>43053751
>"randomly"
>>I won't say which path I'm taking
Ehat
>>
>>43053811

Honestly, just talk to them. Find out why they are doing what they are doing. Communication is key.
>>
>>43053811
find out why they keep acting like cunts, then punish appropriately.
>>
>>43053751
>>43053811
Have them roll to see if they remember.
>>
>>43053751
Why don't you ask, "Which path did you take?"

>>43053751
>This is the first time they've actively ignored what I've asked from them, though, but it rustles my jimmies.
>>43053632
>It clear to both of them that they're going to reap the whirlwind pretty soon, since I made it abundantly clear that I was getting sick of their shit, but the players are sticking together so much that targeting one normally means targeting them all.
>>43053632

You're a faggot.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.