[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Noobie introduction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: url.png (40 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
url.png
40 KB, 256x256
Hi people of /tg, I come here in peace to ask guidance.
I wanted to try pen and paper RPG for the first time, but I don't know where to start,so my question is...Which is the best RPG system to start with?
>>
What sorts of games are you interested in? Are you playing with friends?
>>
>>43051555
I would be the DM I think, and at the moment I have only one friend to play with. So maybe something that can be ejoyed by one player only.
>>
File: necromancer_by_i3i-d318u07.jpg (192 KB, 899x888) Image search: [Google]
necromancer_by_i3i-d318u07.jpg
192 KB, 899x888
>>43051511

>Which is the best RPG system to start with?

That depends, although all RPG's have the elements or roleplaying, world building, combat and dice roll, each RPG, at least those i know of have a focus point, while one is more focused in roleplaying, other is more focus in combat, reaching from small parties to even grand armies and other focus more in rolls to help GM's build they're own worlds. The easiest would obviously be one that focus more in what a GM want from a section. But if anything fails Everyone Is John is a great RPG to.
>>
>>43051555
>What sorts of games are you interested in?

This.

What kind of setting or theme are you interested in for a game, OP? Lord of the Rings? Star Wars? Run Lola Run?
>>
>>43051511
FATAL, master it and all other games will be as easy as pie.
>>
>>43051698
Hilarious meme, bro.
>>
>>43051698
OP here, even if I never played anything I'm an avid reader of 1d4chan
>>
>>43051511
>I wanted to try pen and paper RPG for the first time, but I don't know where to start,so my question is...Which is the best RPG system to start with?
>>43051555
>What sorts of games are you interested in?
And, that is the only question you should ask yourself.
>>
>>43051730
>OP here, even if I never played anything I'm an avid reader of 1d4chan
Sure, you have never played anything but what do you want to play?
>>
>>43052144
I would love to try Dark Heresy, I'm in love with the Warhammer 40K universe, always hear it is very difficult though.
>>
File: Dark_Heresy_Core-1.jpg (256 KB, 1303x1707) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Heresy_Core-1.jpg
256 KB, 1303x1707
>>43052266
Dark Heresy is a perfectly fine first RPG, and should be able to handle a one-on-one game easily. Download or purchase the core rule book and start reading.
>>
If you really have no clear preference regarding the setting, just start with Dungeon World or one of its variations. Super easy, light on rules but heavy on storytelling, players can quickly create characters. Enough material to work with if you just want to find out whether pen and paper role-playing is your cup of tea.
>>
since this is a noob question thread:

do you always have to create new characters when playing another game/new campaign??
because I only want to play a mage/wizard type of character in every possible game
>>
>>43053647

You can play the same guy in a new game if you really want to, and it's your time, so enjoy it I suppose.

But why not try something else now and again?
>>
Give "Savage Worlds" a shot
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.