[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What amazing physical feats are high tier fighters capable of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: Bounce.gif (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Bounce.gif
2 MB, 640x640
What amazing physical feats are high tier fighters capable of in your setting?
>>
Punching the air so hard it causes a shockwave that can travel dozens of feet and destroy concrete. Fuck physics
>>
>>43020902
>What amazing physical feats are high tier fighters capable of in your setting?

Lifting your mom.
>>
I always loved Rule of Cool's Legend system for this. It has Athletics/Acrobatics DCs of 25 to just fucking fly.
>>
File: raiden.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
raiden.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>43020902

Breaking the RULES OF NATURE
>>
File: pose.jpg (393 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pose.jpg
393 KB, 1920x1080
>>43020902

almost anything
>>
Sub for Atlas when he takes his vacation time.
>>
>>43020953
Is it a supers game? Is there any justification for flying, or do you just fly?

I'm all for crazy wuxia stuff but stepping on the branches is more my style. Straight up flying without an explanation seems weird.
>>
>>43021045

The explanation is 'It's a fantasy setting'.
>>
>>43020902
Running and gunning with a space version of an M-2 .50 cal with no penalties while treating it as being lighter, plus being able to fire it at full auto with no penalties.
>>
>>43021060
I don't really feel that's a great one tbh fam. Having people flying around for no reason feels like an easy way out of a more interesting solution.
>>
>>43020902
I play Shadowrun. So anything you can think off and doesn't break your disbelieve, really.
>>
File: 1406341717278.jpg (130 KB, 513x750) Image search: [Google]
1406341717278.jpg
130 KB, 513x750
>>43021045
Not fly. Jump Good.
>>
>>43021045
It's like stepping on branches except with the air.
>>
>>43020902
Depends on training and such. Really high-tier martials need to start training from birth or 6 years of age (when IRL Knight training began according to some of my sources) latest. This includes of course not just physical education but specific education, meditations, pain resistance training etc.

The resulting combatants are incredibly resilient to the point their abilities can negate the effects of sleep deprivation and drowning for far longer than regular humans. Their ability to negate spells is fairly potent as well but also rarely talked about as they prefer not to become target practice for young witches with something to prove.
>>
>>43020939
Holy shit
>>
>>43020902
Strength check vs caster level DC to break field effects like Force Cage, increased movement rates, able to wuxia-run through the air in a charge or a full movement turn starting at level 8.

Rogues can literally dematerialize on a high enough Hide check, and move their regular movement speed per round before editorializing to strike or affect objects.
>>
>>43020902
Cock pushups
>>
>>43021237
it's a specifically setting-neutral game. I've used it for superhero games, dnd-style fantasy, whatever
>>
>>43020902
Fisting the wind
>>
File: skills.png (119 KB, 833x1076) Image search: [Google]
skills.png
119 KB, 833x1076
>>43021045
>Is it a supers game? Is there any justification for flying, or do you just fly?

i looked it up. it's not really flying, more like extended jumping. but at the highest levels of skill you can jump on clouds or snowflakes, so there's that.
>>
>>43020902
That synched with my music.

Spooky.
>>
>>43021546
I thought cocking up was bad.
>>
>>43021693
Did you not get that reference?
Shit am I getting old? I am not even 30 for fucks sake.
>>
>>43021546
How many cock pushups can they do?
>>
>>43020902
Eating a bowl of nails without any milk
>>
>>43021734
One
>>
>>43021706
>implying Tenacious D is old
It's just not that well known
>>
File: 090908.jpg (138 KB, 720x936) Image search: [Google]
090908.jpg
138 KB, 720x936
Survive a fall from low orbit uninjured by blocking the ground.
>>
>>43021774
I guess you can only do one, really
>>
>>43021666

Well, Satan, she's actually doing it synched to music, so a similar beat synching with it isn't that spooky.
>>
File: 00123143.gif (1 MB, 245x127) Image search: [Google]
00123143.gif
1 MB, 245x127
>>43021800
>well, satan
>>
Resisting magic to an obscene degree. At higher levels they can practically generate an antimagic field at will.
>>
>>43020902
Not fighter but my thief can steal his own pants without himself noticing.
>>
>>43020902
They can kill people by swinging sharpened metal sticks a lot more reliably than their otherwise more impressive comrades.
>>
>>43020902
Man, it's a shame she got all that awful graffiti on that body.
>>
File: 14446035955131324571575.jpg (52 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
14446035955131324571575.jpg
52 KB, 480x640
>>43020939
>>
>>43021892

Spotted the 3.pf.
>>
>>43020902
Well, rather than ask for sauce, I went and found it... Holy shit the gif doesn't do it justice.
https://youtu.be/UDXUDehUgIQ
And to keep the post on topic, two words; Martial Dispel

Literally punching a spell out of existence with sheer physical force.
>>
>>43020902
Tearing flesh from bones by screaming at people really loud.

Revving up tornadoes by running in circles.

Metalworking with their fists and really hot blood.

Making people kill themselves by looking at them menacingly.

Sniffing gunpowder with embers because cocaine just doesn't manage anymore.
>>
>>43020902

You eventually reach a point where the Armor you wear and the weapons you use have little to no benefit over just using your own body.

Your flesh is harder and more resistant than the steel you're wearing and your own two bare-hands are more destructive than any blade, gun or hammer you could hope to wield.

A high tier wizard doesn't have to worry about fall damage because they can create a gale wind or enchant themselves to weigh less to break their fall.
A high tier fighter doesn't have to worry about fall damage because their weight isn't capable of creating enough momentum to physically harm their body... THOUGH it'd be best just to double jump as even though the fall won't harm him- the stuff he's wearing or the items he has in his inventory would still be obliterated by the fall.

Another reason why you don't wear equipment if you're a high-tier fighter/warrior is it will often break before you do.
>>
>>43021946
staymad martialfag
>>
Teleport behind you and chop your head off with my katana
>>
Question for any potential fit people. Is flexing chest just doable for any sufficiently buff person or is it like ear twitching where you either can or you can't ?

Op is the least musclebound person that I've seen doing that, so I'm curious.
>>
>>43020902

Nothing. I run low powered games.

The people with powers and such tend to be stronger, but choke on drawbacks they suffer for it, so it works out about even.
>>
>>43020902
Not die of dysentery
>>
>>43021983
>This is the sound of a man so physically unfit he can't even lift his arms above his head without running short of breath.

Just because people can run in real life doesn't mean you need to take out your stress at your inability to do so in fantasy.

Also

>Limited casts per day

Hah.
>>
>>43022002
OP gif might actually be quite fit, enough for the muscle control needed for that feat.
While strength can help emphasize it, it is more about having the control to activate specific muscles, which I'm sure you can train yourself to do.
>>
>>43020902
Nothing.
If a character wanted to perfomr amazing feats other than just be pretty tough, they would have played a class with super powers.
Playing fighter is deliberately playing mundane.
>>
>>43021780
Phase through solid objects by "dodging" their component molecules.

Fly by being so good at swimming that you can swim in air.

Create dimensional rifts by making attack rolls against the fabric of spacetime.

Give objects electrical charges by slicing the electrons off their component atoms.
>>
>>43021871
Everytime that character gets outvoted on something he should start muttering about kender.
>>
>>43021546
>>43021693
>>43021706
>>43021778
>on the internet, nobody knows you're jack black
>>
Proportionate enough meat points to shield the awesome casters.
>>
>>43020939
FUCKING
OWNED
>>
>>43022189
>playing RaW and RaI
Good anon.
>>
File: get cool about fiiiire safety.png (193 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
get cool about fiiiire safety.png
193 KB, 500x371
>>43020939
>>
>>43020939
REKT
>>
Quite a sciency scifi setting, so most players put their dots into smarts and mind-based proficiencies. Body stats only really got used in the usually extremely inadvisable melee combat.

Sounds excruciatingly mundane... right up until the DM (who is a hard science nerd) decided the party needed a mission on a de-orbiting space station. Making Body rolls against G-LOC, hypoxia, struggling even to breathe and trying not to spew your breakfast all over the inside of your helmet at critical moments and some rather wrenching descriptions of characters in distress was more tense than any fairy fitan magic.
>>
Suplex a train
>>
File: Yourargumentisinvalid.gif (5 MB, 560x503) Image search: [Google]
Yourargumentisinvalid.gif
5 MB, 560x503
>>43021780
>>
>>43021626
is there more of that? its great
>>
Attacking 3 times in a row as long as they stand still
>>
Martial classes can either advance in the civilized world or the martial arts world.

They can either get castles and armies and titles, or they can learn how to walk between the raindrops and cut mountains in half.
>>
>>43022978
http://www.ruleofcool.com/
It's a great system, kind of midway between 3.5 and Dungeon World. Character creation is actually fun. No one plays it, though, and the dev team are all deader than Diana.
>>
>>43022091
not this shit again
>>
>>43024123
Ha!
>>
>>43021954
There is also the butt cheek version

https://youtu.be/cipLhhUfyxM
>>
File: 1443060053484.png (171 KB, 226x350) Image search: [Google]
1443060053484.png
171 KB, 226x350
>>43020939
burned so hard fire elementals think you're a sex god
>>
>>43021954
There are no words just keks.
>>
A game I was in, the fighter got attacked while heavily pregnant and went into a rage (berserker) and despite all the penalties still managed to fuck everyone up. Her player seemed really worried when it happened though and we figured because she feared for the baby's safety, but we found out later that the DM kept rolling to see if in berserker mode each round if she noticed the penalties of being pregnant, and in her mad rage just tensed all her muscles and crushed/expelled the baby to remove the penalties in order to fight better. Also at the end she ran down a guy in full plate and crushed him in the armor with a bear hug.

It was both weird and funny to watch.
>>
>>43024228
Exactly this shit so long as it's true.
>>
>>43021276
YOU CAN FLY?
>>
File: CapShieldFall.jpg (165 KB, 1200x679) Image search: [Google]
CapShieldFall.jpg
165 KB, 1200x679
>>43021780
AMERICA!
>>
>>43020902
Applying combat to everything.
As wizards adventure they learn new spells from books and items they find. Fighters learn new methods of combat.

It begins with weapon fighting but will likely expand to pugilism, athletics and horsemanship. Many will learn to apply their skills in the form of leadership on the battlefield. Some learn the arts of the siege, how to position and operate mechanical weapons. Particularly canny fighters may even learn the arcane applications of their deadly gifts; while the subtle power of proper sorcery elude all but the most wizardly brain fighters will find rods of blasting and amulets of bodily protection well within their set of talents.

A wizened fighter is beast like no other. While the road of martial mastery is long and gruesome those that survive are become living weapons. Every building is a fortification, every tool is weapon and every ally is an extension of their wrathful fist.

>Basically Fighters get a combat bonus which they can apply to more and more things as they advance.
>Not all fighters find themselves on the front lines. Some who are old or permanently wounded use their abilities to command minions or coordinate mechanized attacks. These guys add ether Int or Cha to their combat bonus to attack

>Wuxia warrior monks are pretty much Fighter+Mages. They gain the ability to perform extraordinary feats but their proper combat advancement is stunted. They will likely never command large armies and rely on mystic arts to empower their attacks. While their fearsome styles can quickly overwhelm their mundane counterparts a trained fighter will know patience and preparation lay these mystic-warriors low.
>>
>>43020902
...Well, it may just be your pic but I think I'd let a high tier female fighter crush someone between her tits by flexing
>>
>>43020902
The man of great physical prowess is the rock upon which all space and time breaks, dashed and scuttled at his feet. He is the deluge that erodes worlds and stretches over the lip of the abyss. He thwarts psychics and reality-warpers with the resolve of his existence. He draws the mystic and arcane into himself as one draws venom from a wound, and guides it by his own will.

Supremacy isn't about whether you use your body, or your mind, or magic or technology. It's about How Good you are at doing what you do. To me that makes a martial type of character worth using instead of just background noise in a game where wizards are the stars.
>>
>>43022002
Literally everyone can flex their chest, nobody lacks pectorals
>>
>>43025665
I have always really loved this.
>>
>>43025803
The trick is flexing only the one part. It's like bending just your second toe. You can, but it's hard to stop the rest from moving with it.
>>
File: Saitama_normal_face.png (72 KB, 395x517) Image search: [Google]
Saitama_normal_face.png
72 KB, 395x517
Basically anything. A person who has trained hard enough and has enough willpower and dedication can transcend mortal limitations on skill and ability and do crazy shit like >>43022115 eventually. The greatest fighter in the setting is basically a combination of a solar exalt and pic related. There's very little he can't actually do.
>>
>>43022002
Incline bench presses and push UPS with feet elevated will get you there
>>
>>43020902
Speaking physically? Punch someone so hard the become a projectile with attributes similar to ballistic weapons.

I like the idea of playing a magic using fighter to make magic ghost limbs for extra punching.
>>
>>43026648
>Punch someone so hard the become a projectile with attributes similar to ballistic weapons.

What if you had a character put all of his points into jumping and STR/DEX/CON and used himself as a rocket?
>>
File: 1344529639208.jpg (530 KB, 640x1003) Image search: [Google]
1344529639208.jpg
530 KB, 640x1003
>>43021626
>>43022978
>>43024123
I'm reading through this, and it's out of it's fucking mind. I love it.
Is there a reason this didn't catch on? Some massive drawback I haven't reached/didn't notice?
>>
>>43022115
>Fly by being so good at swimming that you can swim in air.
I thought Fighter started flying because the first time they survived a suborbital fall made him believe they had slain Gravity. Mayhap you're confusing that event and his winning Drownball together?
>>
In a conversion of 5e to FFXIV's setting, each character can come into possession of a Job Crystal that imparts the latent knowledge of the skills and techniques of the greatest warriors of all time.

Warrior types who possess the Dragoon Crystal learn how to leap 200 feet in the air and can close massive distances with a single leap and can use them as part of a charge attack, getting +2 to hit with Spears.

Paladin Crystals owners (we make a distinction between the class and the job) learn cover and can take damage in lieu of their ally.

Warrior Crystals grant the bearer the Warrior's trance, allowing them to double the amount of damage they can take before dying and remain conscious and fighting when at negative HP at the cost of Stamina damage when they take a short rest (-2 CON).

Monk Crystals give you the elemental fist where your chakra takes on aspects of elemental damage and counts as engergy attacks for all your attacks as well as the suplex, A special attack that acts a charge attack that knocks a creature prone and does half damage.

It's not all that balanced, but it's fun.
>>
>>43020902
surviving the attack of a mid level wizard.
>>
>>43026744

Simplified system so no need for all them stats bro, and that is a totally viable mode of transportation. People who see it would figure out what he was doing and just go back to their biz.
>>
File: 1442279997967.jpg (104 KB, 736x1041) Image search: [Google]
1442279997967.jpg
104 KB, 736x1041
>>43021965
This.

My monk eventually became a demon lord. I did the calculations for his stats now, and he's easilyy capable of punching through 2-3 inches of adamantine with a single punch. If he used gear, it would break long before he ever did.
>>
>>43025025
This question is quite literally, what is the limit for human potential in your setting?

Is it equivalent to current life? Where the best may lift like half a ton with a lifetime of training and luck? Or can that training and luck push you further past that?

Is there a hard limit on how much a man can bench press? Exactly how many train cars is it theoretically possible for a single being to suplex in your setting? If the answer is anything other than infinite, you're doing fantasy wrong.

I have an excellent image for this, but my computer is hiccuping and I cannot attach it.
>>
>>43027693
If you think "fantasy" means "Internal consistency is a suggestion at best", then you're doing it horribly, horribly wrong. There are still rules to a fantasy world. They probably aren't the same as the rules on Earth, but you can't just declare yourself able to bench press the universe and actually be able to do it for no other reason than that declaration.
>>
File: 1439435754676.jpg (524 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
1439435754676.jpg
524 KB, 1000x1200
>>43027787
If you think 'fantasy' means you have to be exactly the same as the real world except for magic you are doing blah blah blah

I'm not saying you have to have limitless potential, but there's no reason that playing a fighter in a fantasy universe means that you have to be exactly the same as a warrior in our universe.

>Also the picture started working.
>>
>>43020938
fucking Guy status
>>
The gripe about suplexing infinite train cars was mostly light-hearted joking, not an actual suggestion. Maybe half a ton, maybe a few tons with proper training. Maybe 100 meters in 9.8 seconds, maybe 100 meters in under 5 if you're really the cream of the crop.

Some of these guys went further than that, but fighter = bland is a very lame equation to make for everyone involved. Monks need not be the only route to martial supernatural potential.
>>
What can absurdly high leadership do?
>>
>>43020902
There's close to no upper limit. "magic" is a combination of belief and emotion. a loved heirloom blade is sharper than a newly purchased chunk of metal.
So a legendary figure everyone knows is stronger is stronger.
Reis, captain of the Crimson Roger, is a violent monster who can best anyone in combat. Everyone knows this. So he is. and he can.
>>
>>43027854
That's not what he's saying at all. He's just saying you can't suddenly decide your character can suplex a train when there's precedent for someone would be able to do that in-setting. If that's a thing that can happen in-setting then go for it, but if it's a more down-to-earth situation then you should probably have a spell, or magic artifact, or divine intervention allowing you to do it.
>>
File: chill titans got this.jpg (99 KB, 460x572) Image search: [Google]
chill titans got this.jpg
99 KB, 460x572
>>43020902
I can punch something with the heat of a sun and burn them away. Or unmake them from existence using anti particles or void damage.
>>
>>43026761
The problem is that the lead developer was forced to leave and cut contact before the final release. Without him, the dev team collapsed in on itself, the final release came out two years behind schedule with zero promotion and zero hype, and all interest dried up. It's a crying shame, but, in the immortal words of French!Kurt Vonnegut, c'est la vie.
>>
>>43028006
Leadership is making people act against their own self-interest. High level leadership is just reflavored mind control.
>>
File: 1412279631475.jpg (130 KB, 1157x772) Image search: [Google]
1412279631475.jpg
130 KB, 1157x772
>>43020939
>>
>>43028155
as of half an hour ago I'm attempting to talk my GM into running it next.
>>
Recommend me some high fantasy RPGs where people can do somewhat anime shit like in weeaboo fightan magic?
>>
>>43028155
>The problem is that the lead developer was forced to leave and cut contact before the final release.
Are there any details on what the hell happened exactly?
>>
>>43028516
The project lead got a job with a non-compete clause. He legally could not work on Legend anymore.
>>
>>43028559
Welp. That's good for him I guess, but it sucks for the game.
>>
File: murder stroke defense.jpg (144 KB, 1497x917) Image search: [Google]
murder stroke defense.jpg
144 KB, 1497x917
Hit things very hard
Dodge things very well
>>
>>43028045
But you aren't them.
Sure, we can say there are lots of warriors in a setting that can't suplex trains, but that is no limitation on anyone else.
You can easily go "okay, normal humans cant suplex trains" and then when you reach higher level let someone suplex a train because they are no longer a normal human.

You don't need to make it external to justify it, internal change can easily justify it. Gods, magic items, rituals etc, these are all external and take away from any kind of heroic fantasy to make a character into a slave.
Characters can just as easily learn new tricks, grow stronger or unlock abilities naturally without an outside source.

It's fucking stupid to say "well that guy can't do it, so that other guy cant do it unless a genie lets him".
>>43027787
Internal Consistency does not mean internal sameness. What one warrior can do does not have to be consistent with what another one can unless those warriors are very close to being the same. Same level of strength, same training, same species, same equipment, same fucking life. Otherwise you can have a different result.
>>
>>43028472
Anima: Beyond Fantasy
>>
File: ZvXpPYk.png (846 KB, 622x800) Image search: [Google]
ZvXpPYk.png
846 KB, 622x800
>>43028472
Anima
>>
I don't really like weaaboo fitahn magic or anything like that

Basically just normal humans turned up a little higher than would actually be possible, like a dark souls player character.
>>
>>43028708
>>43028696
Thanks!
>>
>>43028691
Listen, actually read what I'm typing and quit inserting an anti-shenanigans strawman:
If people can use willpower to override physics in-setting then that is the same god damned thing as using magic/gods/relics/etc. It's all about intent and themes of a setting/ story, not the specific means by which characters allowed to preform unrealistic feats.
>>
>>43028742
>>43028472
>where people can do somewhat anime shit like in weeaboo fightan magic?
Why did you ask for it then?
>>
>>43028782
Not all anons are the same person frienderino
>>
>>43028742

The dark soul character that can wield maces bigger than he is and punch dragons to death?
>>
File: john hamtham.jpg (61 KB, 350x335) Image search: [Google]
john hamtham.jpg
61 KB, 350x335
>>43020939
God damn that was good.
>>
File: my penis when.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
my penis when.gif
2 MB, 400x224
>>43024806
>>
>>43020902
I was waiting for somebody to suplex the moon eventually. Thankfully there was plenty of back up moons.
>>
File: 1391271686408.jpg (177 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1391271686408.jpg
177 KB, 1024x576
>>43020939
>>
Whatever the game in question says they can do, it varies with each one.
>>
>>43028907
Right, exaggerated, but not obscene.
>>
>>43022002
I'm unfit as fuck and can flex my chest. Once you get a feel for doing it it's the same as flexing anything else.

Being swole enough for easily visible results is the hard part.
>>
File: Zila on a plane.png (848 KB, 764x1080) Image search: [Google]
Zila on a plane.png
848 KB, 764x1080
Well, my current one can...

- Comfortably lug around 650 kg's worth of equipment.
- Make use of an Autocannon as a standard assaut rifle.
- Carry 200 rounds of ammo for it in her ammo-backpack
- Throw a Terminator-armoured man a good football field's worth of distance.
- Comfortably shrug off small arms fire with skin tougher than Carapace armour.

It's good to be an Arch Militant.
>>
>>43029539
I'd say that's more a case of the system being borky as fuck than the setting.
>>
>>43029624
>40k
>Setting NOT being borky as fuck

Pick one.
>>
>>43029539
>Zila on a plane.png
>Not Crashing This Plane.png
>>
>>43029736
It's borky, but it's not borky to the point where a human can have skin as tough as ceramic plating.
>>
>>43029760
Well, you SAY that, yet SMs are a thing. Of course, they're barely even human anymore. But neither is a sufficiently levelled RT character either.

>>43029747
Well, one does not exclude the other. Though the best option is to smash your way in through the windshield and hijack the plane that way.

Hey, it worked for the Predator in AvP2.
>>
>>43020902
>block a meteor with your sword
>punch a guy so hard he bounces off the Mountain Not-Olympus and lands on the other end of the continent
>punch a guy so hard he gets retconned out of reality and replaced with something else
>punch a reflection of a guy so hard you create a mirror clone of him to fight for you
>punch a guy so hard every single guy in his army gets punched too
>punch literally everything you see in one instant. Twice.
>literally rip reality a new one and become an eldritch creature temporarily. Then rip it a new one /again/ and turn it into calvinball monopoly.
>do the above again but /differently/
>>
>>43029825
Space Marines are genetically modified to hell and back with all sorts of spooky spess magics. A sufficiently leveled RT character is still nonetheless a human (Unless you got chromed out)
>>
>>43020902
get this anime naruto.shit off tg

you weebs are cancer, martials should not be able to.do magic
>>
>>43022827
For those who may be wondering the game is Neverwinter made by Cryptic.
>>
>>43020902

Facing eldritch horrors, arcane entities, endless hordes, towering hulks and antediluvian evils with nothing more than a suit of plate and a good sword.
>>
>>43030044
Neither should humans.

Every single case of magic in the myths outside of Celtic and Chinese myth was the result of demons, gods, or angels crossbreeding with mortals.

There were no human casters outside of Celtic and Chinese myths, and in both of those cases humans fighters could do insane tricks that may as well have been magic.
>>
>>43021780
I'm in the middle of a cyberpunkish campaign where I'm fairly sure the DM would let me get away with shit like this purely for the humor value, I should try it sometime

Hypothetically, /tg/, what can you do with a set of legs that have gone above and beyond peak human condition besides kick things really hard?
>>
>>43030117
Jump really high and squat lift really big things.
>>
>>43030148
Did the first one a couple times, usually landed on my face due to dice rolls

I'll give the other one a shot, thanks
>>
Bayonet Charge, then get killed by cannonfire like the rest.
>>
>>43020902
They say that the greatest warrior of all learned how to cut time, and so he sliced his history apart, creating a world in which he achieved all his greatest feats and beyond without ever lifting a blade.

His final discovery was that he had gained love, but had not gained LOVE. If that makes sense.
>>
>>43030117
>Hypothetically, /tg/, what can you do with a set of legs that have gone above and beyond peak human condition besides kick things really hard?

Superhuman dance moves.
>>
File: 0ed.png (18 KB, 593x592) Image search: [Google]
0ed.png
18 KB, 593x592
>>43030267
Amazing what you can do with enough DETERMINATION.
>>
>>43030101
This.

The hate martials get in gaming is more than a little absurd. Magic users don't just get away with murder they straight up get rewarded for genocide, whereas martial classes in many core systems and settings are actually capable of less than people in the real fucking world have demonstrated in feats of strength speed and endurance. Any attempts to buff up fighters to compensate are often met with scorn for being overpowered, because a warrior leaping to the roof of a building or punching straight through platemail breaks the suspension of disbelief of a player who just blew a hole through a giant with fireballs that exploded out of their bare hands.

I think it really boils down to competing power fantasies. If the wily old wizard can't totally outclass the wild barbarian in every single way then it just isn't fun anymore, or something.
>>
>>43030321
I mean, DETERMINATION is pretty much exactly what high-level martials need.
>>
>>43020902
Found her youtube channel
Seems thats not the only video like that she's done
https://www.youtube.com/user/saraontheinternet/videos

>>43024806
Any idea what it's from?
>>
>>43030117
Go fast.
Squats.
Jump.
Leg Modeling.
Win the Tour De France.
>>
>>43030489
That last one is impossible without alchemical aid and everyone knows it.
>>
>>43020938
/thread

SO EPIC
>>
>>43030524
I hear losing a testicle helps. But then you may suffer from a lack of balls
>>
>>43020902
Fucked up the moons orbit, just by flexing.
>>
File: 2wajSg1qj2nqso1_500.jpg (49 KB, 404x599) Image search: [Google]
2wajSg1qj2nqso1_500.jpg
49 KB, 404x599
Recharges his spells by flexing.
>>
ITT Weaboo fighting magic

I wish anime didn't ruin Tabletop Games.

Over the top shit doesn't work if that's all your fucking doing.
>>
>>43032046

>Things are over the top in anime only
>I have never read any western epic
>Or any western fantasy story
>Or any edition of D&D prior to or after 3X

>>>/out/
>>
>>43032046
>over the top shit doesn't work if that's all your fucking doing

>ITT: what AMAZING physical feats are high tier fighters capable of

that's the exact purpose of this thread, friend. I recommend you kill yourself
>>
>>43032081
>>43032170

Whenever you hear about someone going days on end without rest, shundering mountains, or holding their breath for an extremely long time, they're usually one guy who has some relations to the gods that allows him to do all this crazy bullshit.

If everyone's capable of flexing a ki blast that can shatter the moon, it's just an errant clusterfuck where one omnipotent tool has to outdo every other omnipotent tool of a similar power ranking.

Why do you think most epics only has one or two guys capable of doing epic level bullshit and why stories that have a team of them (X-Men, Avengers, Justice league, etc.) always shit themselves once power creep steps in?
>>
>>43032174

>ITT: what AMAZING physical feats are high tier fighters capable of
>If everyone's capable of flexing a ki blast that can shatter the moon, it's just an errant clusterfuck where one omnipotent tool has to outdo every other omnipotent tool of a similar power ranking.

>High tier
>Everyone

Yeah, so what's the problem? In any D&D campaign, there's going to be a handful, tops, of people actually considered actually high level.
>>
>>43032198

You're not going to be fighting peasents so I don't really see how this point is relevant.

That's like saying that Superman isn't OP because there's only a handful of Kryptonians left in the galaxy.
>>
>>43032174

>Stories with multiple powerful people are bad

>Which is why the team-based game "Dungeons and Dragons" should have teams of people with different degrees of power
>And the player who chances to pick the "Fighter" class should be the one with the lowest tier of power, because the most powerful man in many epics is the warrior-prince and I hate epics.
>>
>>43032633

There's been people who wrestled angels to a draw, people who have been able to survive 12 of the deadliest trials known to man, people who have traveled to the underworld and played music so good that even the dead stopped to enjoy it.

But never a story where someone was able to flex their ass clefts so hard that reality ceased to exist.

It just seems childish to say that, just because magic is designed to fuck with reality, martials should be able to break reality too because they didn't skip leg day.

Especially when there are builds that are essentially muscle wizards that exist.
>>
>>43023934
Couldn't you just use your ability to walk between raindrops and cut mountains in half to acquire castles and armies and tit(ties)les?
>>
I'm impressed. Most of the times these threads demand D&D martials have stuff that ranges from thousands of times more powerful than wizards (if a wizard can disintegrate a 10x10 cube, slightly more with metamagic, a fighter should be able to destroy hundred mile wide mountains in one hit) to merely a couple times more powerful (not!spells that lack limit restrictions, spell components, etc. >>43021955 ) but most of these are pretty reasonable.

Some of them are a bit dumb like >>43021965 having martial types evolve into monks.

Took me a bit to find >>43023934 someone of the 'wanting martial types to be 1000x as powerful as wizards' variety.
>>
>>43030321
>>43030390
Undertale is a setting where Fighters fuck hard and Casters get fucked, by little children.
>>
>>43027693
Human potential isn't a bad benchmark for martials in and of itself, the problem is that its grossly imbalanced. A good marksman could win a 1v100 fight under certain circumstances and beat most monsters "realistically" but not so much a good melee guy or good pugilist, but in the interests of fun it would fit better if this was generalized to all martial types.

So I'd envision the top RL and top fictional martial type to be of similar prowess, but the latter have more variety and often better tools as well.

This is before getting into demigod warriors etc.
>>
my current Ventrue rolled a man so deftly off his hip he saw the curvature of the Earth.
>>
>>43028190
Or making them work in their self interest when its inconvenient.
>>
>>43029760
>>43029736
Toughness is already goofy as fuck, but I think the more abnormal bit is throwing a terminator that far in an RPG where falling off a roof will likely kill said terminator.
>>
>>43021626
>Order of the stick reference for jumping
That's neat.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 266x190
>>43020939
ohhhhhhhhhhhh
sssssnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapp
>>
>>43030101
Romanian myths had the Scholomances, one was about a "good" (or neutral) Scholomance and the other was one led by Satan, in which one student (not sure whether he was the star pupil or the flunkout) is taken away by the Devil to ride a Zmei (kind of a dragon with a gem in his forehead) to create storms.

Just like dead sexy, lovable, wifeable waifu vampires, the origin of Hogwarts style wizard schools is in Romanian myth, though in this case a schoolful is 9-12 students a year instead of 100+ a year.

Dracula's original ability to change forms etc. came from his Scholomance training, not his vampirism.
>>
>>43020939
a burn of that magnitude earned yourself an warrant by interpol for crimes against humanity
>>
>>43032698
Ahahaha, perfect. I like how in S&S stories, the martial hero triumphs over the evil wizard typically by being smarter and stronger of will than him (the typical martial hero is strong and skilled, but more brutally kunning than "dick slap the colossus to dust in one hit"), and typical /tg/ contrarians instead want a setting where the fighter just gets a constipated look and sends a shockwave of notmagicnotpsi to smash the castle apart, throwing the adventure site in the garbage can.
>>
>>43032852
I know you're joking but the UN DID rule that hurt feelings via the internet is as damaging as physical injury and should be just as illegal.
>>
>>43020902
Beating the Moon in a wrestling match.
>>
>>43020902
Fighting abstract concepts.

A high enough fighter can literally cut time.
>>
D&D separates levels into realistic/heroic/legendary/mythical, but it's mechanics don't reflect that.

The Anima system of human/inhuman/zen (conceptual) is easier and the mechanics actually work that way.
>>
>>43020902
Surfing a man down the side of a building whilst shooting his buddies on each floor as they fly over the windows with his twin Uzis.
>>
ITT: Proof that martialfags are worse than casterfags

Yes, it's amazing how you farted so hard that the universe imploded in on itself.

Now please, fuck off so the rest of us get a turn before you effortlessly shit on the encounter (literally).
>>
>>43028355
You better fucking get him to recruit players from here because as a massive fan and backer of legend (despite never finding a group) I would be so fucking down I'd drill into the earths core.
>>
>>43030436
>Any idea what it's from?

Nope. Sorry. I saw it a long time ago and I didn't even remember the name but i just googled it as butt cheeks beethoven or something like that and it came out
>>
>>43029825
black carrapace isn't skin
>>
>>43020902
Who is this high tier fighter in the gif?
Any way I could duel her with my privates?
>>
>>43021783
One's all you need.
>>
>>43032174
Before Cai's birth, Cynyr Ceinfarfog prophesied that his son's heart would be eternally cold, that he would be exceptionally stubborn and that no one would be able to brave fire or water like him. Cai is attributed with a number of further superhuman abilities, including the ability to go nine days and nine nights without the need to breathe or to sleep, the ability to grow as "tall as the tallest tree in the forest if he pleased" and the ability to radiate supernatural heat from his hands. Furthermore, it is impossible to cure a wound from Cai's sword.

That's Sir Cai/Kay from Arthurian legend. No gods, only man. And he was one among many.
>>
>>43032224
Not that guy, but I believe it was in response to your rather egregious assertion that high level martials being able to do cool things is equivalent to everyone in the setting being able to shatter a moon.
>>
>>43035387
Great character, too bad he gets little attention despite being some sort of gish thing.
>>
>>43035461
It really is a shame. Later interpretations took him being hot-headed and turned that into his defining character trait, so he basically turns into a jobber for all the new knights. You know, because cultural shifts and what not.
>>
>>43020902
I want to fuck those tits so badly. Pretty face. Nice ink. Weird hair.
>that is my fetish.
>>
>>43035434

If you're capable of shattering moons, then you're probably going to be fighting people who are also capable of similar feats at some point in the campaign.

I still don't see how anything that you or that other spaz has said has any relevance to what I said earlier.
>>
Dragon Ball power level fighters are for total fags.
>>
>>43022002
No it depends on how big your pectoral are. OP probably just works her core and chest/back a lot more than the show muscles (biceps and shit). Because some faggots can't handle a strong nord women.
>>
>>43020939

SAVAGE
>>
>>43036122
You do have to work on just flexing your pecs though, it's an unusual movement, so most people (i.e., me) don't have it correctly wired (without practice).
>>
>>43020902
I'm playing a DBZ campaign.
I have no fucking clue.
>>
>>43021045
Your muscles are so strong that just flexing gives you enough lift to fly
>>
>>43020902
oh look, boobs
>>
>>43032224
>>43035926
I'm pretty sure wizards, unless you nerf them a ton (which if you do then everything's cool, low power levels are fine as long as the whole group's like that), can shatter moons and a lot more.
>>
>>43035926
Because martials doing cool things isn't going to create power creep. Why do you think it would?
>>
>>43020938
>Punching the air so hard it causes a shockwave that can travel dozens of feet and destroy concrete. Fuck physics

>implying this is impossible
>>
>>43032871
>just as illegal.
wait, the thing is THIS bad

WTF
>>
>>43024228
>>43022091
>>43020902
Question... is there any setting, other than dnd, that actually calls them "fighters"?
People are going "muh shadowrun" and the like, completely ignoring that in shadowrun it is not a fighter, it is a "street samurai ki adept" who is a motherfucking muscle wizard and not a muggle with a sharp stick.
>>
>>43039024
Final Fantasy RPG
Where they can move before everyone else even realizes a combat has started, and cleave so hard that they shatter anything and everything forever.
>>
Something I find annoying with D&D is that fighers don't actually get better at defending themselves after picking the one or two worthwhile feats that increase your AC. A level 3 fighter is approximately as good at defending himself as a level 20, only difference is that one has enough magical gear to build a small fortress out of it. The attack bonus increases rapidly, defense stays the same. I'd say actually being resilient enough and skilled enough to survive dangerous shit should be one of the key features of a veteran fighter.
>>
>>43025123
>captain america
>fighter
Never called this, ever. He is a soldier, an entertainer, a superhuman, a lab experiment. But he is never referred to as a fighter

>>43020975
Cyborg and nanomancer (a wizard who uses nanomachines to casually violate physics)

>>43020902
Actually, thinking about it. the fact that OP called them fighters is a clear case of bait thread. Incidentally, even the authors of 3e dnd figured out they fucked up, and then tried to fix things with tome of battle. Classes like the crusader, hexblade, swordsage, and other supernatural meleers.
>>
>>43038936
Yup, cyberbully is a crime is some countires.

Have to be extra careful when cybering that healer bully now.
>>
>>43039260
4e D&D had steadily increasing defenses as a feature, for what it's worth. I suppose the opposing viewpoint is that together with steadily increasing attack bonuses it's meaningless number bloat.
>>
>>43039260
>Something I find annoying with D&D is that fighers don't actually get better at defending themselves after picking the one or two worthwhile feats that increase your AC. A level 3 fighter is approximately as good at defending himself as a level 20, only difference is that one has enough magical gear to build a small fortress out of it. The attack bonus increases rapidly, defense stays the same. I'd say actually being resilient enough and skilled enough to survive dangerous shit should be one of the key features of a veteran fighter.
that certainly would be nice. yes.
especially considering they explicitly state that they are basing their idea on heroes like herecles and cu cuilan and the like who were insanely resiliant.
>>
>>43038936
>wait, the thing is THIS bad
>
>WTF
where have you been? yea, the UN, EU and the other liberal retards are out of control.
The rule that "cyber bullying" should be a crime is just one small drop in the bucket
>>
>>43039304
I wouldn't call it numbers bloat unless all classes recieved the same bonus to defense though. If the warriors/fighters are the only ones getting increasingly better at defending themselves it sets them apart from the more root and tooty point and shooty classes and spellslingers. But I see your point.
>>
>>43039295
He fell out a window hundreds of feet up. He landed unharmed by blocking the ground with his shield.
Clearly, he is a high tier fighter.
>>
>>43032871
>the UN

Actually, it was "women's UN", which has about as much leverage compared to regular old man UN as womens soccer has to real soccer.
>>
>>43039144
>and cleave so hard that they shatter anything and everything forever.

Even my love for you?
>>
>>43039295
>nanomancer

now you're just making shit up
>>
>>43039338
Polite spoiler for /pol/ bullshit

It's also funny how the main article they're using to push this "cyberbullying=real bullying" crap (the one about online harassment of women) mainly cites a legitimate woman-hating scumbag, a disbarred lawyer, and a con artist.
>>
File: Derrida_main.jpg (50 KB, 303x379) Image search: [Google]
Derrida_main.jpg
50 KB, 303x379
Friendly reminder that a binary between Magic and Mundane is a modern invention that has no place in fantasy storytelling.

So yes, high-level characters in my campaigns become godlike. They can slay dragons in single combat, run up a falling building, take ballista bolts to the chest, and still get home in time for dinner.

Because it's fantasy, and that's cool.
>>
>>43039399
Depends... is it like a truck?
>>
>>43039549
>Friendly reminder that a binary between Magic and Mundane is a modern invention that has no place in fantasy storytelling.

Whose ass are you smoking here? The notion that magic and mundane are seperate have been around since literally forever.
Herecles can slaughter an army of muggles because heracles is magic (specifically the son of a god).

>So yes, high-level characters in my campaigns become godlike. They can slay dragons in single combat, run up a falling building, take ballista bolts to the chest, and still get home in time for dinner.
>Because it's fantasy, and that's cool.
The issue is that the entire argument is a strawman. Yes, everything you said is correct, the thing is, nobody here claims otherwise.
Saying that fighters can't do this kinda shit is not saying that some players should suck while others are awesome. Its saying that dnd is a shitty game and that in that game the class called fighter is a piece of shit abomination that shouldn't exist. It should be replaced by a muscle wizard class
>>
>>43039577
Sixteen wheels of heart
>>
>>43039475
> mainly cites a legitimate woman-hating scumbag
Who else would possibly think that "cyber bullying a woman" is as harmful to her poor fragile weak female psyche as physical assault.

A lot of those well intentioned idiots are clearly bigots "oh we need to help those poor lesser races" "oh those poor helpless women"
>>
File: absolutely savage.jpg (114 KB, 1342x343) Image search: [Google]
absolutely savage.jpg
114 KB, 1342x343
>>43020939
/thread
>>
>>43039723
My thoughts as well.

But let's not go on a /pol/ derail here.
>>
>>43039642

>Whose ass are you smoking here? The notion that magic and mundane are seperate have been around since literally forever.

Let me clarify: there is nothing to distinguish the Wizard from the Warrior in that they are both liminal characters, possessing qualities of both the earthly sphere and the spiritual realm. Every Warrior-character of note in mythology has been elevated above the normal through the telling and retelling of these stories.

Every hero in pre-modern myth is both magical and mundane, otherwise they could not be heroes.

And the "fighters are shit" question has only really been relevant in 3E D&D, but since it's the first edition most people played of that game, they seem to think wizards should always be better. I run into these people daily in my gaming circles.
>>
>>43020902
in my setting stupid fighter shit is explained as basically as someone becomes more "powerful" their effect on the fabric of reality increases, fighters who are very high level are basically very very low-rank gods, but since they keep their power to themselves rather than share it with worshipers they end up being pretty powerful despite their low divine "ranking"
>>
>>43038538

Even wizards have limits to how far their bullshit can go.

Even then, the problem with wizards is that they're versatile, not that they're necessarily capable of brute force.

>>43038649

Because, dumbass, you fags are proposing a system where martials are capable of warping reality just by flexing their muscles and shit.

Do you honestly believe any GM worth his salt would allow you to do that shit if he wasn't going to throw equally bullshit enemies at you?

I mean, even wizards have a ways to go before they can reach reality warping prowess.

If you just want to be a wizard that's fluffed as a wizard then just play a muscle wizard
>>
>>43039891
>Even wizards have limits to how far their bullshit can go.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
>>
File: full dummy.jpg (8 KB, 239x250) Image search: [Google]
full dummy.jpg
8 KB, 239x250
>>43039939

Every spell in the book is quantified and has defined limits to what they're capable of doing.

But please, don't let me get in the way of your discussion on how fighters should be able to rape a dragon at level 1 and shit.

Fucking martialfags.
>>
File: fucking meatheads.jpg (38 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
fucking meatheads.jpg
38 KB, 500x370
>>43040023
>Every spell in the book is quantified and has defined limits to what they're capable of doing.

Yeah, like wish. And if you're homebrewing high level feats for fighters (high level, I should emphasize that, you seem to be assuming fighters get epic level shit at level 1 in this scenario) you'd be writing down rules and limits on what they can do as well. Or at least I hope you are, otherwise god forbid if one of your players wants to alter a spell in any way different from RaW.
>>
File: 1378038474887.jpg (38 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1378038474887.jpg
38 KB, 500x667
>>43040090

>Homebrew

Also, wish is balanced out by being very very easy to fuck up while being expensive as fuck to cast.

Plus, GMs love screwing over people with wish whenever they get the chance.
>>
>>43039801
>And the "fighters are shit" question has only really been relevant in 3E D&D, but since it's the first edition most people played of that game, they seem to think wizards should always be better.
Except this is a bullshit strawman.

There are 2 sides here
Side 1: Fighters are shit because their very concept is shit. this is retarded and should be fixed by eliminating them as a class and replacing them with something less retarded
Side 2: Hurr durr side 1 thinks that anyone who uses a sword must be a muggle and be kept as a lesser class who plays second fiddle to them because autism

Fighters must be inferior to wizards because herecles was not a fighter, he was a magic man. So was cu cuilan, so was achiles, so was son guku. So was samson. Every epic hero of legend that fought in melee was magic, not a dude with a stick.

The claim that they should be equal is as retarded as claiming that green arrow should be equal to superman because they are both "heroes". except one is a muggle with a medieval weapon, and the other is GOD.

Can you show me a single metahuman game where a muggle/flatscan/norm is the a legitimate character build and the equal of the parahuman/metahuman/superhuman?

Are the mortals in exalted the equal of the exalted? Are the muggles in shadowrun the equal of ki adepts? are the normal humans in WOD the equal of vampires, mages and changeling?

No they are fucking not! the notion of "fighter must be worse than wizard" is not a symptom of dnd, it exists in literally every TTRPG ever. The only issue with dnd is that it is the only game retarded enough to claim that the muggle should be a player character, and it draws a bunch of spergs who create a massive spanning strawman argument wherein anyone who recognizes that muggles should not be player characters is actually for it
That isn't to say such people don't exist. they are just extremely rare rather than the norm
>>
>>43040186
so yea... if exalted was retarded enough to encourage people to play a mortal in a party that contains exalted you would have the same problem.

In fact, you kinda do with their lack of power balancing, where some people play a dragonborn in the same party as solaroids.
But every single solaroid is magic. Some are sword magic and some are sorcerers, but all of them supernatural.
>>
>>43039891
>Because, dumbass, you fags are proposing a system where martials are capable of warping reality just by flexing their muscles and shit.

That is patently untrue, anon. In fact, I've been making the opposite claim, as denoted here: >>43035434

You are the only person who's been making the assertion that 'cool things' immediately jumps to shattering moons, as evidenced here:>>43032174 and here: >>43035926

Do you see the problem here, anon? You're arguing against a statement that you yourself have made, and you are, in fact, the only one who has made that argument. I'm in the camp that wants cool options for my fighter. I don't want to break the moon, I want to be able to jump 50 feet without having to put half my skill points into jump because my compatriots can fly. I don't need to be able to break stone with my spirit energy, just let me demoralize a group of mooks with a combat shout or something.

But then there's the underlying issue that bringing things that are weak up to something resembling par doesn't cause power creep, so your argument still doesn't have a leg to stand on even if you completely ignore everything I just typed, which given the unwarranted insults, I suspect you will.
>>
>>43020902
Not much really, they have a drag weight of 250kg
>>
File: 1436909984981.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1436909984981.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>43040168
So you're telling me you play RaW wizards?

And you're complaining about fighters getting something to make them not lame?

And then there's THIS faggot >>43040186 who thinks you should just force everyone to play a wizard.

You wizardfags really don't want to risk anyone else having the slightest bit of power.
>>
>>43040186
>Are the muggles in shadowrun the equal of ki adepts?
Muggles don't have to deal with background count, can't be easily attacked from the astral plane, can have significant augmentation, and have more XP to spend getting better at other things because they aren't spending it on magic.
>are the normal humans in WOD the equal of vampires, mages and changeling?
The normal humans in WOD don't have to deal with the sometimes crippling downsides of being a supernatural being in WOD.

You seem to have this idea that supernatural=unlimited power with no downsides, when in fact, it's usually limited and comes with unique downsides and weaknesses.
>>
>>43040246
>And then there's THIS faggot >>43040186(You) who thinks you should just force everyone to play a wizard.
Listen you retarded pus filled smegma sack. "Not a muggle" =! "a wizard".
Exalted, parahuman, metahuman, superhuman, demigod, ki adept. Whatever you want to call it, as long as you are not playing a class whose literal entire concept is "hurr durr this is a muggle who for some reason is allowed by his betters to tag along"

And actually, I am perfectly find with people playing a muggle... in games designed for it where literally every single player is a muggle. Call of Cthulu is a perfect example, everyone is a muggle and you run away from the tentacle monstrosity instead of charging in to kill it
>>
>>43040287
>Muggles don't have to deal with background count, can't be easily attacked from the astral plane, can have significant augmentation, and have more XP to spend getting better at other things because they aren't spending it on magic.
Cyborgs wielding magitech aren't muggles
>>
>>43039642
>Herecles can slaughter an army of muggles because heracles is magic

"magic" is such a bullshit non-word. gods and demigods are more powerful because they're a superior race of beings, not because they are "magic", whatever that means. you might as well call birds magical because they can fly and humans can't. gods and men were both regarded as fundamentally natural in the sense of arising from nature. both were "magical" (if you want to use that word) in the sense that greeks didn't know how the world worked so, from their perspective human beings were like little golems given motion and thought by souls. the was no division of the world into "normal stuff" and "magical stuff", from a certain perspective you could say that everything was normal or everything was magical, but the only real difference was in the scale of power. pindar says as much in his odes:

>Single is the race, single
>Of men and of gods;
>From a single mother we both draw breath.
>But a difference of power in everything
>Keeps us apart;
>For one is as nothing, but the brazen sky
>Stays a fixt habitation for ever.
>Yet we can in greatness of mind
>Or of body be like the Immortals,

it's the same in most fantasy settings, humans almost always have souls or "life essence" or some other bullshit, and often the entire world is built on alchemical principles. that's if you're even playing a human, there's no excuse if you're an elf or a tiefling or whatever. you can distinguish between power if you want, make human fighters totally shit, i don't care. but just saying "it's because they don't have magic" is virtually meaningless by itself.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (4 KB, 184x177) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
4 KB, 184x177
>>43040246

>Wants to break reality
>While playing a martial

You basically want to play !Notwizards who flex rather than chant.

I'm sorry but you sound like a bitch.
>>
>>43040328
>Wielding magitech
Such as what? There is no easily used magitech in shadowrun except for some corner cases (Like spraying a can full of Awakened bacteria into a mage's face to blind them)
Cybernetics and magic literally don't mix. The more cybernetics you have, the less potential magic you have.
>>
File: 8th gate (2).jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
8th gate (2).jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>43040342
This guy can bend space with his kick
>>
>>43040287
>The normal humans in WOD don't have to deal with the sometimes crippling downsides of being a supernatural being in WOD.
And what the fuck does that have to do with them being suitable/not being suitable as player characters in a WOD game?

>You seem to have this idea that supernatural=unlimited power with no downsides, when in fact, it's usually limited and comes with unique downsides and weaknesses.
Again with the unlimimted strawman of the uber retards from side 2.
No I am not saying that supernatural is unlimited power with no downside. I am saying that in a TTRPG game where some of the party is supernatural, throwing in a muggle alongside them is hilariously retarded design decision.
>>
>>43040225

Look at most of the "amazing physical feats" people have made in this thread and tell me that I'm the one who came up with the assertion.

You're really fucking reaching just to make your point less retarded.

Backpedal harder.
>>
>>43040186
> Fighter=Muggle=mundane human
This is literally a 3e meme.

The martial heroes in other media are not normal people, but that isn't the same thing as the power of their destiny being magic, unless you define magic as "everything a normal IRL man cannot do".

Which is shit. You are right that PCs in a campaign that reaches mid or high level should be more than mundane men, but arguing that there should be (or is) no super human greatness to be had without magic is totally a D&D meme.
>>
>>43040357

Yet he still lost.

Also, chakra might as well be ki/magic considering all the crazy shit you can do with it.
>>
>>43040361
My completely mundane Hunter in WOD obliterated a vampire with no magical support whatsoever, by taking advantage of the inherent weaknesses of supernatural vampires in the setting.
>>
>>43040361
Except you are, because you're saying that magic automatically puts someone so far beyond their mundane counterparts as to be a pointless comparison. Which is objectively not the case in most settings and games.
>>
>>43040397
He only lost because Naruto is the only one allowed to win clean

He can also set fire to the air by punching
>>
>>43040342
How is punching something so hard it breaks "breaking reality?"
>>
>>43040354
>Such as what?
Their cybernetics. Cybernetics in shadowrun world are magitech.
> There is no easily used magitech in shadowrun except for some corner cases (Like spraying a can full of Awakened bacteria into a mage's face to blind them)
... uh, no, literally everything in shadowrun world is magitech

>>43040342
Pretty much

>>43040339
>"magic" is such a bullshit non-word. gods and demigods are more powerful because they're a superior race of beings, not because they are "magic", whatever that means
1. denying the definition of the supernatural makes you a retard.
2. it doesn't matter what you call it, they are not muggles/mortals/flatscans/normies/whatever.

This is actually the whole point of side 2 aka "the strawman side". Your entire argument is not to answer anything side 1 ever says about proper game balance. No, you sperg about the "definition" of the word magic while self contradicting
>>
>>43040433
>He can also set fire to the air by punching
Technically, anything moving fast enough in an atmosphere similar to Earth's does that.
Fast enough being around Mach 7.
>>
>>43040446
>Their cybernetics. Cybernetics in shadowrun world are magitech.
No, it's not.
>... uh, no, literally everything in shadowrun world is magitech
No, it's not.
But even if you assume that sufficiently advanced technology = magic, an edgemonkey (And no, Edge is not magic, because every single being has at least some) can beat out a cyborg and an adept, probably even if they both team up against him.
>>
>>43040398

Hunters aren't entirely human themselves either.

The fact that they're even aware of the supernatural shit that goes on makes them extraordinary compared to normal people.

That and I'm pretty sure hunters can get some crazy super natural shit later on as well.
>>
>>43040186
Achilles was a fighter (well, probably figher/barb) by class. Also a bisexual crossdresser. His race happened to be demigod, and he took a bullshit OP 3rd party feat that granted him DR 10/heel.

Diomedes was a fighter with maybe a rogue level or two, and he fought three gods in one day. One he beat on his own, one was a tie, and one he won with some divine help.

Odysseus was a rogue (or a bard archetype that trades away spellcasting) with one fighter level. It's canon that he has trapsense, since he was able to out Achilles as a crossdresser.

Hercules was a fighter with the demigod race who happened to have absolutely bullfuck physical stats.

Goku, I'll give you, although I'm not sure who would be dumb enough to claim him as a fighter, seeing as his backstory was basically "and then he learned ALL the magic"
>>
>>43040484
No, they're entirely human. They have no special defenses against the supernatural. They have no special supernatural abilities by default.

The only ones who have any supernatural support are Hunters working for Conspiracies. And even they don't all get direct supernatural abilities. Some have to be grafted on, some come in the form of superscience, others in the form of potions, prayers, or artifacts. Only a couple Conspiracies actually get internalized magic power.
>>
>>43040424
>Except you are, because you're saying that magic automatically puts someone so far beyond their mundane counterparts as to be a pointless comparison.
Only in the context of the setting you turbo retard. Name one TTRPG set in a setting where the supernatural is not inherently superior to muggles? you can't because there is none.

The only times the supernatural is ever inferior to muggles is in the occasional humor web comic that is making a joke wit that. Those are actually pretty funny

But in every epic fantasy story / TTRPG setting the supernatural is always better than the muggle. It might sometimes be inimical, which is why you don't use it (see call of cthulu) as it would cause san loss. but in such a case its "run like fuck" and "survive by the skin of your teeth" rather than "a balanced party goes out to slay things".
>>
>>43040446
>2. it doesn't matter what you call it, they are not muggles/mortals/flatscans/normies/whatever.

If you're a D&D protagonist you aren't normal. Especially once you've gained some levels.
>>
>>43040443

Look at most of the shit people "have done" in this thread.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.