[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Banished Quest 158
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: #Starter.jpg (240 KB, 680x402) Image search: [Google]
#Starter.jpg
240 KB, 680x402
Welcome to Banished Quest!
You take the role of a young mage labeled a criminal by his people and cast out into the wider world. In the last thread you gave an inspiring speech and began the march to battle.

It is currently the 19th of Svarthi, in the year 936 NH.

Character Sheet:
http://pastebin.com/8wLGz3HQ
Inventory:
http://pastebin.com/9mxDQn7N
Companions:
http://pastebin.com/tWc3Zjje
Spellbook:
http://pastebin.com/Tu1sVEnQ
Runic Library:
http://pastebin.com/7zQt9XLy
Current Missions:
http://pastebin.com/rzD5PPsU

Dice:
http://pastebin.com/nhswziq6
Magic:
http://pastebin.com/aYPzn0aU
http://pastebin.com/2iHKTQTS
Combat:
http://pastebin.com/e1peu2ih
http://pastebin.com/1niidZEa (*NEW*)
Enchanting:
http://pastebin.com/jUQKQLLx
Fluff:
http://pastebin.com/ydKwNLba
http://pastebin.com/sijmZSSf
http://pastebin.com/UygnkCBe
http://pastebin.com/gR0sgiFu

Archives:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Banished%20Quest
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Quidam_Asinus
Ask Page:
http://ask.fm/Quidam_Asinus
Tumblr:
http://somaqm.tumblr.com/
IRC Channel:
#BanishedDiscussion on Rizon

Notes:
Using names or trips in this quest is heavily discouraged. While it is impossible for me to prevent you from doing so, I ask that you not. I will also not count any votes made while using names or trips.
>>
Drifting high above the column of marching soldiers you're afforded an unrivaled view of the desert. Darzi and her contingent of camel riders split off of the main body of the army hours ago. Occasionally you'll catch a glimpse of her forces to the northeast, far ahead of the main column, but for the most part she and her men remain well hidden. Your own forces ride or sail near the front of the column, behind your brother's personal bodyguard composed of your family's elite retainers.

The enemy's own column of soldiers creeps towards you with aching slowness. The camp spotted you a few minutes ago, you're not sure exactly when. Its location was well chosen. Your only real avenue of approach was through the dried up riverbed, giving your the bandit army plenty of time to muster its forces in preparation. You must say, there's more of them than you were expecting. Shouldn't they be too busy shitting themselves to mount any sort of major resistance?

Your brother barks out an order and it's soon being repeated up and down the column. You can't make out exactly what he said, but the column stops and soldiers begin busting out skins of water. Seems your brother has decided here is as good a place to stop as any, and is giving the soldiers some time to rest before the battle begins.

(1/2)
>>
File: Zahak 3.jpg (135 KB, 1046x800) Image search: [Google]
Zahak 3.jpg
135 KB, 1046x800
If you had to guess, most of the fighting will take place along the broad, flat expanse of sand on the southern side of the riverbed. The ground there is dotted with stone, leading you to believe that the sand layer is thinner there than eslewhere. You're sure that both sides will want a field of battle where their forces will be confident in their footing. Indeed some of your brother's troops are already occupying the flatlands, setting up tents and establishing ramshackle fortifications.

Zahak dips one of his wings and begins slowly circling the army, just as Mortia's voice drifts through your thoughts. {Your brother has decided to wait here until such a time as the enemy army is close enough to engage. He ask that you join him in his command tent when you are available.}

>Fly ahead to scout out the bandit army and their camp, try to figure out why so many of them are well enough to face you.
>Ignore your brother's orders in favor of joining your Vatis to harry the advancing enemy army. Create pit traps, pick off targets of opportunity, and maybe have Zahak scorch a few of them.
>Best to hurry up and join your brother, he probably wants to discuss battle strategy, or maybe he wants you to be present when he meets the enemy commander for negotiations. Have Zahak land so you can dismount.
>Write-in
>>
>>42910421
>Fly ahead to scout out the bandit army and their camp, try to figure out why so many of them are well enough to face you.
>>
Chyrssa is best waifu, by the way.
>>
yesss
i can finally get my fix
>>
>>42910421
>>Fly ahead to scout out the bandit army and their camp, try to figure out why so many of them are well enough to face you.
>>
>>42910421
>Best to hurry up and join your brother, he probably wants to discuss battle strategy, or maybe he wants you to be present when he meets the enemy commander for negotiations. Have Zahak land so you can dismount.
But do it quick so we can set the tone of the battle by raining fire down on the enemy from a fucking dragon
>>
>>42910421
I want to say hurry and join your brother, but...

Intel is invaluable.
>>
>>42910421
Oh yes, time to diplomance our enemy into surrender and rob soma of his large scale battle
>>
Oh, by the way. I've decided that Zahak will add 1 MP to whatever unit you're attached to. This will increase as he grows older, and is a trait shared by most dragons of sufficient age and size.

An ancient dragon quite literally requires an army to defeat.
>>
>>42910421
>>
>>42910669
Noice.

Could we illusion Zahak and ourselves up during battle to make ourselves more intimidating?
Would that even provide any bonuses or would it just be wasing vys?
>>
>>42910421
>Best to hurry up and join your brother, he probably wants to discuss battle strategy, or maybe he wants you to be present when he meets the enemy commander for negotiations.
>>
>>42910669
How many MP would the Varistha have been worth? Not his leadership skill, but his actual power as a military unit.
>>
>>42910774
Probably three or four. Maaybe five.

Keep in mind, every MP represents 100 soldiers.
>>
>>42910711
I would imagine that it wouldn't provide bonuses to our large scale combat rating, but would provide a bonus to our rolls for individual action.
>>
>>42910793
What was that teenage dragon we killed worth?
>>
>>42910793
Is Mik worth an MP yet?
>>
>>42910711
It would provide a small bonus, probably something like a +2, to the commander's rolls.

>>42910814
Just 1 MP, same as Zahak. Maybe 2.

>>42910731
>>42910687
>>42910647
>>42910550
>Join your brother.

>>42910613
>>42910510
>>42910448
>Fly ahead.
>>
>>42910796
I figured such a thing would cause a collective morale drop for the enemy seeing a hell beast circling over you and scorching your flanks.
>>
>>42910793
How about Big Papa Dracolich? Are things like hydras, or the sand worm things army class too?
>>
>>42910843
We could probably create a hundred ice golems if we used some vys from our vys storage objects, so I bet we could count as an MP
>>
>>42910849
Mik confirmed for being able to kill 100+ men on his own.
>>
File: Dracolich 1.jpg (64 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Dracolich 1.jpg
64 KB, 600x800
>>42910843
Naah, not yet. Not without preparation.

>>42910868
Papa Dracolich would probably be in the neighborhood of 15-20 MP. A sandworm of average size is 5 MP, with the really large ones getting up to 10 MP and the truly massive ones that you really only find near the center of the Pa'vala might be 15.

Hydras would probably just be 1 MP.
>>
>>42910892
Mik IS pretty fucking terrifying to be fair.
>>
File: kill yourself m8.jpg (23 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself m8.jpg
23 KB, 350x233
>>42910490
>>
How close are we to that pain resistance trait? I bet drinking the soul restoration poison put us a bit closer, right?
>>
>>42910919
Holy shit
3-4 times as powerful as the Varistha is insane
Giving the spirit the heart seems like a worse idea than ever
>>
>>42910919
>Naah, not yet. Not without preparation.
That seems unbalanced. If the drake we killed and Zahak is worth one, Mik should be worth one any time.
>>
File: 1405433328029.jpg (69 KB, 405x750) Image search: [Google]
1405433328029.jpg
69 KB, 405x750
>>42910919
Jesus.
>>
>>42911008
We were right at the edge as of the end of the tattoo event.
>>
>>42910892
No, we just got off an early hit that pretty nicely began to rot its skull before the real fighting started, plus that handy dagger which would be good for taking out single large beasts, not crowds of people.
>>
>>42911026
something that was actively hostile to people got eaten by something that is mostly indifferent to people. I'd say it's a win-win, what with Mik being unable to do shit with it.
>>
>>42911045
The mass combat system doesn't translate in any way, neither directly nor tangentially, to the general combat system. It's entirely different, built from the ground up.
>>
>>42911067
So we handily killed 100+ men.
>>
>>42911074
>Implying the spirit ate the dracolich's heart.
>>
>>42911067
This.

We pretty much walked up to it feigning civility then stabbed it in the fucking eye.
>>
>>42911101
>implying it didn't
>>
>>42911074
I could very well be wrong, but I think Soma implied that the spirit didn't eat the heart
>>
>>42911080
I get that how the system is. That's the point. The system seems unbalanced. Mik should be worth as much as a 100-men army on a bad day at this point.
>>
ONWARDS TO VICTORY
>>
>>42911110
we could probably kill 100 non-vatis easily though. they can't even overcome invisibility.
>>
>>42911149
He really shouldn't, though.
>>
If we invented the spread meta magic we could easily boost our MP levels by miles.
>>
>>42911149
That's really only if he's focusing on behaving like a massive combatant. With preparation (eg raising a bunch of ice golems or preparing a vys-sword style nuke) Mik can count for 1 or more MP, but if he's just leading an army and supporting where necessary he won't have the same impact that a hundred men would have. On the other hand, his leadership will provide a bonus to rolls, so he will still be contributing to the success of the army significantly. Zahak, on the other hand, is behaving like a military unit, so it makes sense that he counts towards the strength of the army.
>>
>>42911185
Mik can annihilate a 100 normal men without any problem in many different ways.
> invisibility
> ice spears
> flame balls
> invisibity + a spear
> cloak
> shit ton of magical gear he has
> ice golems
> metal skin
> blood freeze
> melt face
> earth golems
> leaping aoe paralysis
and various combinations of these a bunch of other magic shit.
>>
>>42911307
He's not a good as you think
>>
>>42911307
>Mik can annihilate a 100 normal men without any problem
You're a special kind of dumb, aren't you?
>>
we could kill Skull Kid without breaking a sweat. but he's worth several MP- more than Mik ever will be. because he can build himself a gatling gun.

which I think is the point that was being made here.
>>
>>42911340
>>42911348
great argument.
>>
>>42911307
Being able to beat 100 normal men isn't enough to be worth an MP. You have to be as strong as 100 men at once. Sure, Mik could turn invisible and spookily walk through their ranks killing everyone as fast as he could reach them, but the overall impact on their army isn't enough to make him worth an MP. If he was instead a hundred soldiers, those soldiers would be able to fight a hundred other soldiers at the same time.

Consider an army of two hundred soldiers vs. an army of 100 + Mik. The two hundred can use their number advantage to destroy the 100 soldiers before mik can kill all 200, so the 100+mik was on a flank, that flank would lose cohesion and the central army would be at a disadvantage. Mik might be able to kill all of them, but he doesn't have the same impact as a whole army of 100 dudes.
>>
>>42911371
That's a good point.
>>
>>42911365
That that you think Mik could handle a 100 man army by himself speaks a lot about the people in this quest.
>>
>>42911422
He could though. Put him against a hundred normal men and he would be the only one alive in the end. That may not be enough to make him worth an MP, but he would come out on top against a hundred regular soldiers.
>>
>>42911422
Do you honestly think he couldn't handle 100 regular men?
As >>42911371 said he's not an army and won't have the impact of one, but if he were to turn invisible could he not just walk by with impunity and rot people's faces off until everyone was dead?
>>
Woohoo! Shitpost quest!
>>
>>42911468
With how much we usually spend on rolls, the fact that he's what an average fighter, and we can only do one action per turn define alive
>>
File: red sun internsifies.gif (1012 KB, 400x321) Image search: [Google]
red sun internsifies.gif
1012 KB, 400x321
Speaking of guns, don't we still have an Uzi? Shit, I could've sworn we had grenades, even.

C'mon, guys. It'll be just like the good old days
>>
File: banished Quest Player.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
banished Quest Player.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>
>>42911554
From the Pastebin, we have:

>1x Rhynian Officer's Pistol

>2x SMGs [86 shots remaining]
>2x Shotgun [5 shots remaining]
>1x Oversized Handgun [5 shots remaining]

No grenades.
>>
>>42911468
100 conscripted peasants maybe, but with how common magic is and how common enchanted equipment is odds are against us if we're going up against anything more than just peasants
>>
>>42911618
So why not use 'em?
>>
>>42911654
We're saving them for selling.
>>
>>42911541
Seriously? He can turn invisible and kill people with stabbing them with forks and they wouldn't be able to do anything. He can just summon huge ass ice bolts and they cost barely anything for him at this point. Not to mention that he can just freeze huge areas for little vys. Average soldier has armor and weapons, maybe even some enchanted gear depending on the army but they wouldn't have anything to counter the things Mik or any other good vatis can do.
>>
>>42911674
No we aren't. We've had the opportunity to sell them on many occasions. In fact we sold one and kept the rest.
>>
>>42911714
You really think they wouldn't figure out where we are after a while?
>>
>>42911618
>>42911654

I agree. Lets use the SMG on this battle. Let's see 'em dakkas.
>>
>>42911714
And how much of that is dependent on rolls?
>>
Let's take out the SMG and unload on them from Zahak. It's not like we're going to sell it any reasonable time from now.
>>
>>42911728
The only thing we've ever used them for and ever will use them for is selling. Face it, that's all they're good for.
>>
>>42911819
How? Near 100 high velocity rounds will make quick work of leather and even metal armor. Plus that shit'd be cool.
>>
>>42911819
Besides, We're insanely rich. And it's not like thing isn't worth serious coin without bullets, to the right person of course.
>>
>>42911819
they're also good for killing 30 people in armor within a handful of seconds as though they were dressed in paper mache.
>>
>>42911874
>>42911748

I'm not saying I'd vote against it

But I certainly won't vote for it

It's boring
>>
>>42911914
Exactly. Imagine us swooping down from the sky, letting go a quick RATATATA and a whole row of soldiers drop dead. We'd look godly.
>>
>>42911923
We've been using magic the whole time. What's boring about it?
>>
>>42911923
>Man flying on Dragon shooting a SMG into a group of slavers.
How is that boring
>>
>>42911923
You're right.

What we need to do is mount a tank cannon on Zahak's back which he can fire with a finger trigger of sorts.
>>
>>42911988
It's not, anon is a faggot.

>>42911990
Now this guy is cooking with gasoline. I like it.
>>
>>42911988
Not to mention these people have never likely seen or heard of a gun. I'm sure SK can make us more bullets too.
>>
File: Zaahir Abdul-Hakim.jpg (1 MB, 1100x943) Image search: [Google]
Zaahir Abdul-Hakim.jpg
1 MB, 1100x943
As much as you'd like to scout out the enemy army to determine why they aren't stewing in their own filth, your brother is the commanding officer here. You should probably obey his orders, at least for the duration of this little battle.

With that in mind you urge Zahak to land. Your draconic son folds his wings against his sides and almost immediately begins to plummet like a stone towards the sands below. As the ground grows closer and closer he spreads his wings, jolting you roughly in the saddle as he levels out his flight path and comes in for a glorified crash landing in the banks of a dune.

Gently easing yourself out of the saddle and trying to shake sand out of the cracks in your armor, you reach across the thin membrane which separates Zahak's mind from your own. {You should really work on your landings, Zahak. If you keep that up you're going to hurt yourself one of these days, and the last thing I want is for you to get hurt.}

Embarrassment colors his response. {I know, but landings are hard! I've been trying to figure out how to slow down when I get close but it really hurts my wings. I think maybe I should try flying more. Maybe If my wings were stronger, it wouldn't hurt so much?}

That would make sense, you suppose. You have to remind yourself he's only a month or two old. A newborn, really. {If it's just a matter of practice, hopefully this trip of ours will provide you all the experience you need. Anyway, I need to go visit my brother, your uncle come to think of it.} You wonder what your brother thinks of having a dragon for a nephew? {I'll be back soon. Get a drink of water if you can.}

(1/3)
>>
Zahak bobs his head, radiating a sense of satisfaction. You're not sure what has him so pleased, but you've little time to dwell on it. Turning sharply you march towards the large, octagonal tent which the soldiers have set up for your brother's use. As you draw close you can already here the sounds of heated discussion, and pushing the tent flap aside you're greeted by a crowd of six men collected around a low wooden table. Whatever they were discussing prior to your arrival, they've since fallen silent.

Woven rugs and pillows have been strewn around the floor of the tent, and a lantern lit to provide better lighting. The sun has long since risen, but the thick canvas walls of the tent block out most of the early morning light. The men gathered around the table are strangers to you, but their stiff posture and gleaming army mark them as military men. Your brother's captains, if you had to guess.

Your brother motions you forward, a portly man in a lamellar coat and a much thinner man in chain scooting out of the way so you'll have a place to sit. Once you've made yourself comfortable your brother speaks. тАЬRight, Mikhael. As we were just discussing we intend to send a scout forward to meet the enemy commander and invite him to the negotiating table. If we can, we'd like him to surrender.тАЭ

One the captains, a man who's groomed his facial hair into a rather spectacular moustache, scoffs loudly before interrupting your brother. тАЬPani's tits, Zaahir! Just attack the bastards! You and I both know that talking with these barbarians will get us nowhere and the men ache to spill blood.тАЭ
(2/3)
>>
>>42911990
No, No. We need to stick a gun akin to the one from a warthog
>>
Your brother shoots the man a glare and the captain in turn dutifully falls silent, but you can tell that the captain's sentiments are shared by many members of your brother's staff. тАЬAs I was saying, Mikhael. I want you to join me fore the negotiations. I feel that you'll serve well as a deterrent, in case the enemy commander attempts anything treacherous. Once the battle starts I'll leave you to your own devices, but I'd ask that you put your mobility to good use in flanking the enemy.тАЭ

>Agree both to serving as bodyguard without complaint. Your curious to get a better look at that man with the prosthetic legs anyway.
>Voice agreement with your brother's captains. Why negotiate at all? Would it not be better to simply attack, or perhaps only agree to negotiations in order to lure their commander into a trap?
>Write-in
>>
>>42912086
>Agree both to serving as bodyguard without complaint. Your curious to get a better look at that man with the prosthetic legs anyway.
>>
>>42912086
>>Voice agreement with your brother's captains. Why negotiate at all? Would it not be better to simply attack, or perhaps only agree to negotiations in order to lure their commander into a trap?
No traps though. Let's just kill them all.
>>
>>42912086
>>
>>42910421
>>42910421
>>Ignore your brother's orders in favor of joining your Vatis to harry the advancing enemy army. Create pit traps, pick off targets of opportunity, and maybe have Zahak scorch a few of them.
>>Best to hurry up and join your brother, he probably wants to discuss battle strategy, or maybe he wants you to be present when he meets the enemy commander for negotiations. Have Zahak land so you can dismount
Bro real quick then off to the vatis
>>
>>42912086
>>Voice agreement with your brother's captains. Why negotiate at all? Would it not be better to simply attack, or perhaps only agree to negotiations in order to lure their commander into a trap?
These bastards enslave samjams they deserve no negotiations.
>>
>>42912021
last I remember he was trying to get the ingredients for gunpowder or guncotton shipped to the enclave.

he'll probably get the mixture right by the time we return from Pa'vala. and with metal mastery, we can easily build a lot of bullets and shells.

and maybe also aerial bombs for Zahak to carry in a saddlebag within his reach.
>>
>>42912086
we should attack first then negotiate wiht anyone still alive from a position of dominance.
>>
>>42912138
holy shit. Imagine Zahak dropping bombs like B-52
>>
>>42912062
Can we use the prism? On either of the two we learned about when we sneaked into the camp?
>>
>>42912086

There's no reason to fight if we can negotiate them all down, but more importantly we can get a good look at the leader and prevent any shenanigans.
>>
>>42912165
I agree with this.
>>
>>42912165
This
>>
>>42912165
>>42912193
Why not negotiate first to get an idea of what we're up against, beat the shit out of them in a fight, then negotiate after with the now more amenable survivors?
>>
File: hahaha you fucking faggot.gif (3 MB, 445x247) Image search: [Google]
hahaha you fucking faggot.gif
3 MB, 445x247
>>42912182
>using the prism
>as something other than a paperweight
look at this faggot with his productive line of thinking! look at him and laugh!
>>
>>42912086
attack first then negotiate, if we start off by bringing them to the table negotiating we lose leverage.
>>
>>42912231
I suppose that's a better alternative, however we don't know of what fuckery their capable of. No need to risk having to deal with extra complications.
>>
See if you assholes would've realized the superiority of Nature we could be just borrowed a Falcon or hawk and used it to scout for us
>>
>>42912086
>gree both to serving as bodyguard without complaint. Your curious to get a better look at that man with the prosthetic legs anyway.
>>
>>42912300
We have the crown. We never need to raise Nature again.
>>
>>42912086
>Voice agreement with your brother's captains. Why negotiate at all? Would it not be better to simply attack, or perhaps only agree to negotiations in order to lure their commander into a trap?
>>
>>42912300
Can't Zahak turn invisible?
>>
>>42912086
>>Agree both to serving as bodyguard without complaint. Your curious to get a better look at that man with the prosthetic legs anyway.
>>
>>42912287
>>42912224
>>42912193
>>42912165
Are you samefagging, or stupid? Just because it looks smart, does not mean it is. We NEGOTIATE so we don't have to fight.
>>42912086
>>
>>42912339
yes, he is Master level fire vatis.
>>
>>42912339
He's also a giant ball of magic when viewed with the sight

I expect them to have some type of Nature vatis so that might not be good
>>
>inb4 negotiation takes up the whole thread
>inb4 we get no battle
>inb4 Soma claims he's not doing this shit on purpose
>>
>>42912365
>diplomancing

I agree their idea is dumb, but diplomancers are the worst people in quests.
>>
>>42912365
fuck you i want to fight
>>
>>42912365
fuck you i want to fight
>>
>>42912086
Be reasonable
>>
>>42912365
fuck you I want to fight
>>
>>42912086
Start the attack while ''negotiating'' :@
>>
>>42912119
>>42912134
>>42912187
>>42912320
>>42912354
>>42912365
>>42912419
>Agree to serve as bodyguard.

>>42912338
>>42912287
>>42912193
>>42912165
>>42912224
>>42912137
>>42912121
>Attack first, diplomance later.

Looks like Attacking-well never mind. Fuck.

FINAL DESTINATION

VOTE
To attack without first meeting with the enemy commander to negotiate.

VOTE
To meet with the enemy commander and negotiate.
>>
>>42912408
>>42912409
We all have phones, it's nothing new.
>>
>>
>>42912373
Shit, you're right on that
>>
>>42912449
>>
>>
>>
>>42912449
>>
>>
>>
>>42912449
>>
>>42912449
>>
>>42912483
>>42912481
>>42912474
>>42912464
>>42912454
I should probably restate the rules. I prefer that you quote my post during final destination.
>>
>>42912449
>>
>>42912449
>>
We should really teach Zahak metal magic so he doesn't end up getting mind flayed by a GM nature Vatis
>>
>>42912449
>>
>>42912474
>>42912464
>>42912483
>>42912481
>>42912454
come on fags how long have you been in this quest?
>>
>>42912449
>>
>>42912449
>>
>>42912449
>>
>>42912520
oh yeah, crackbitch quest was the one with no quotes. I always get those two final destination rules confused.
>>
>>42912520
Hey Patrick is the Pyramid of Voyeurism valid here?
>>
>>42912561
Isn't it obvious?
>>
>>42912520
you should have stated in the opening post or in the final destination post, now 1 votes only have a minute to get their vote in before 2's start voting twice.
>>
people get confused between different quests with different rules, no reason to get salty
>>
>>42912492
>>42912476
>>42912555
>>42912564
>1

>>42912528
>>42912490
>>42912461
>>42912559
>2

Well, that was a bit of a clusterfuck. Since we're tied again and I don't want to rehost the final destination vote, I'm going to assume that at least some of those unquoted 1 votes were genuine and start writing for 1.

>>42912583
You don't really know much about the commander, but he is pretty distinctive and you have seen him in person. Plus, you're really close. So it's not like you're trying to scry hundreds of miles away.

So yes, you could use the Prism to watch him pick his nose and eat it.
>>
>>42912614
Or you could just remember the simple rules that haven't changed since the beginning of the quest. It's not that difficult, really.
>>
>>42912628
>I'm going to assume that at least some of those unquoted 1 votes were genuine and start writing for 1.
U r retard
>>
>>42912646
>the salt knight rises
>>
File: 1430482375355.jpg (97 KB, 811x680) Image search: [Google]
1430482375355.jpg
97 KB, 811x680
>>42912646
>>
>>42912643
I actually have real shit I need to remember, like the names of the drivers didn't turn in their mileage reports this week, or who of the 20 new owner operators has a valid 2290
>>
Oh look, it's time to argue about who's the salty one and who isn't.
>>
NaCl
>>
>>42912449
>>
>>42912732
There is no argument about that. It's clear as a day.
>>
You're not quite sure this is a good idea. The enemy commander seemed like a powerful Vatis, based purely upon the brief glimpse you managed to get of the man. Not to mention he's replaced his legs with magical artifacts, and possibly other parts of his body as well. тАЬI don't know, dear brother. Would it not be best to follow the advice of your captains? We have numbers on our side, and a dragon besides. If we launch an attack now, without giving them time to prepare a defense, we could probably conclude the battle quickly.тАЭ

Your brother sighs. тАЬPlease, Mikhael. I've already had this conversation. If we can, I want to try and end this battle before it begins. The second planting season approaches in a month's time and if we take heavy losses here it will cripple the lands surrounding Nazir economically. Not to mention draw the ire of our people. For the exact same reasons you wish to attack without warning, I think we have a real chance of forcing them to capitulate.тАЭ

That's a good point, actually. You hadn't taken into account the cost in manpower that this battle might take. Still, you have your misgivings. тАЬThat may well be, dear brother, but if we give them time now to fortify themselves while we negotiate then we are only assuring ourselves heavier losses if negotiations breakdown. Besides, you have an entire temple's worth of Water Vatis here to treat the wounded. I can guarantee that casualties will be light.тАЭ
(1/2)
>>
You lean forward, lowering your voice for dramatic effect. тАЬIgnoring the strategic benefits for a moment, believe me when I say that I've no wish to stand within a few feet of their commander. He's a powerful Vatis equipped with powerful artifacts, and a cruel bastard besides. You may simply be walking into a trap by agreeing to meet with the man.тАЭ You're not actually sure how cruel or treacherous the enemy commander is. You think it's a safe assumption but you didn't see him mistreating his captives nor hear him discussing anything remarkably inhumane.

Your brother considers your words carefully, and though you get the impression that it pains him to do so he eventually concedes the point with sigh. тАЬFine, Mikhael. Perhaps you're right. I'd forgotten the versatility of Water magic. We'll wait for them to draw closer and then launch the attack without warning.тАЭ

>Excuse yourself to harry the approaching enemy forces, now that you've resolved that issue.
>Excuse yourself to meet with your men. You want to make sure they're prepared for the fight ahead.
>Excuse yourself to scout ahead on Zahak's back, to inspect their camp and try to discern why Mortia's potion seems ineffective.
>Write-in
>>
>>42913238
>Excuse yourself to scout ahead on Zahak's back, to inspect their camp and try to discern why Mortia's potion seems ineffective.
>>
>>42913238
>>
>>42913238
>Excuse yourself to harry the approaching enemy forces, now that you've resolved that issue.
>>
>>42913238
>>
>>42913238
>Write-in
Excuse yourself to use the Prism

Use it on the chick we don't want him to know we're watching him that closely
>>
>>42913238
>>
>>42913238
>>Write-in
scry on the enemy
>>
>>42913238
>>Excuse yourself to meet with your men. You want to make sure they're prepared for the fight ahead.
>>Excuse yourself to scout ahead on Zahak's back, to inspect their camp and try to discern why Mortia's potion seems ineffective.
>>
>>42913238
>>42913301
Supporting.
>>
>>42913238
>Scry their leader.
>>
>>42913301
Seconding this as well.
>>
>>42913329
>>42913301
>>42913238
Supportan'.
>>
>>42913301
Supported
>>
>>42913301
SMART
SUPPORTAN

I forget how it works in this regard, but could others see what we're seeing?
>>
>>42910390
Soma, do you look anything like Scriptarius, by any chance, in real life? The hair, at least?

And run some more CNQ, you triple nigger. Please and thank you.
>>
>>42913238
>>Excuse yourself to scout ahead on Zahak's back, to inspect their camp and try to discern why Mortia's potion seems ineffective.
>>
>>42913405
I don't know, but I think power vatis can see us when we scry
>>
>>42913421
>cnq
No.
>>
Inb4 prism doesn't work because of contain life runes
>>
>>42913238
>>
>>42913421
>cnq
Yes.
>>
>>42913350
>>42913348
>>42913329
>>42913301
>>42913365
>>42913362
>>42913389
>>42913405
>Peep on the enemy commander and/or his assistant
Seems scrying on the assistant is more popular than the leader himself.

>>42913330
>>42913299
>>42913277
>>42913274
>>42913423
>>42913472
>Scout ahead

>>42913295
>>42913326
>Harass the advancing enemy.

>>42913330
>Make sure your men are doin' alright.

>>42913421
I have no idea what Scriptarius looks like in real life.
Is he the guy who made the gingerbread mech thing?

Writin' for scryin'.
>>
>>42913486
Yes. Long hair, terribly british, glasses. Blonde. Can't see his teeth, but British, so I'm assuming brick-based dentistry.
>>
>>42913486
Rolls?
>>
>>42913238
>>Excuse yourself to harry the approaching enemy forces, now that you've resolved that issue.
Use the SMG!
>>
>>42913405
The strongest person we used it on was Grandad Vari
He knew we was watching him
Not saying daddy longlegs over there is as strong as him but I'd say it's safe to assume that powerful Vatis can feel when they're being fucked with the prism
>>
>>42913504
Gimme a sec, deciding upon modifiers.

>>42913502
Nah, I have dark hair and keep it short.

Also perfect teeth. Never needed braces or anything, didn't even get my wisdom teeth removed. Everything just worked out.
>>
>>42913502
Soma isn't blonde and has a hideous bowl cut.
>>
>>42913536
you forgot to mention that you're fat.
>>
>>42913536
>>42913543
Damn. I have all these "SCRIPTARIUS LET ME CUM IN YOUR HAIR" images and resources i could so easily adapt.

Oh well.
>>
ROOOOOOOLL 3d10+12 (+2 from Nature Magic, +4 from A Terrible Thing to Waste, +2 from Vatis Training, +4 from Close Proximity) vs DC 27 (Base DC 25, +2 from Lack of Information)
>>
Rolled 5, 4, 8 + 12 = 29 (3d10 + 12)

>>42913669
>>
Rolled 7, 8, 7 + 12 = 34 (3d10 + 12)

>>42913669
>>
Rolled 9, 10, 6 + 12 = 37 (3d10 + 12)

>>42913669
NO FAIL
>>
File: WITNESS ME.gif (921 KB, 585x242) Image search: [Google]
WITNESS ME.gif
921 KB, 585x242
Rolled 4, 5, 2 = 11 (3d10)

>>42913669
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 5 + 12 = 20 (3d10 + 12)

>>42913669
>>
Rolled 6, 10, 1 + 12 = 29 (3d00000010 + 12)

>>42913669
>>
File: 1399727765148.png (524 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1399727765148.png
524 KB, 900x506
>>42913679
>>42913686
>>42913706

Killed it.
>>
>>42913679
>>42913686
>>42913706
>29, 34, 37 vs DC 27
>GREAT SUCCESS
Writin'
>>
>>42913731
>>42913761
FUG YEAH
MERICA

NSA
NSA
NSA
>>
File: 9ud3n4y.png (118 KB, 382x810) Image search: [Google]
9ud3n4y.png
118 KB, 382x810
Testing a thing.
>>
>>42913813
This is fucking wizardry.
How did I not know about posting images from a URL until now?
>>
>>42913813
For fuck sake did someone crack Soma's trip again?
>>
>>42913813
you act like you wouldn't stab a bitch over stolen food soma.
got into a drunken fist fight over a stolen burger before
>>42913839
soma did you never try and figure out 4chans interface?
It even has a lock for you to input the url so that next time you upload something it won't be an annoying url shit.
>>
>>42913839
what
>>
>>42913871

holy shit me too

except it was a giant plastic burger

and I was the one who stole it

from Burger King
>>
>>42913849
No, anon, Soma really is this clueless.
>>
That makes the 4th or 5th cracked tripcode?
>>
>>42913977
Nah, nah. I was just fucking around with the 4chan interface. Trip isn't cracked.
>>
File: that face.jpg (29 KB, 306x480) Image search: [Google]
that face.jpg
29 KB, 306x480
>>42913995
That sounds like what fake-soma would say.
>>
>>42913977
Well more than that, friend.
>>
>>42913977
I think he went through something like 3 trips in one thread a good while back
>>
>>42913995
Nice Try Ruselord
>>
File: Aizen.png (738 KB, 954x577) Image search: [Google]
Aizen.png
738 KB, 954x577
>>42914036
When did you start believing it was Soma who started this thread?
>>
>>42914238
Turns out the entire lead up of LQ, CNQ and BQ was actually Jim Profit, back from the dead, collaborating with Scared of Shadows. Mikhael was a furry all along.
>>
>>42914238
That's something a Rusemeister would say! Reverse double rusing!
>>
Omakes when Soma, no lies this time.
>>
Don't believe his lies.
>>
>>42914291
I am definitely writing them. Promise.
>>
>>42914354
thanks man
>>
>>42914354
Sure you are fake Soma.
>>
>>42914354
Also you forgot the !!.
>>
>>42914435
yeah honestly I pretty much quarter-assed that one
>>
>>42914458
what do i do when i start to prefer the beautiful fiction that is fake!Soma to the real one?
>>
>>42914652
Shitpost.
>>
File: Prism.jpg (666 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
Prism.jpg
666 KB, 1000x800
You push yourself to your feet, briefly touching two fingers to your forehead and chest. тАЬIf you'll excuse me, I am going to be doing some reconnaissance on the enemy army. I've an artifact in my possession which ought to make this a simple task.тАЭ You switch from addressing the assembly as a whole to speaking directly to your brother. тАЬIs there a tent where I might find some privacy? The process may unnerve some of the soldiers and I wish to keep morale high.тАЭ

That's not really true, but you'd rather not reveal to an entire camp of soldiers that you have the prism in your possession. It was, after all, one of the artifacts in the Varistha's chest. If word gets back to Varistha Riya that you have it, she may cause you undue trouble via the machinations of her husband.

Your brother cocks his head to one side contemplatively, before eventually shrugging his shoulders. тАЬI think most of the other tents have been set up for my captains, but I know that there are several unused tents in the carts. Simply requisition one of those for yourself.тАЭ

You quickly slip out of the tent and make your way towards the supply train, retrieving a folded tent without issue and retreating as far away from the main bulk of the army as you dare. You end up setting your tent on the northern end of the dried riverbed, well away from the bulk of the soldiery. Slipping inside you seal the tent flap as best as you can before digging out the ornate bejeweled stand on which the artifact sits.

You carefully set the stand down in front of you, the hands wrought from bronze which serve as the stand's supports sinking into the soft grains. Carefully wrapping your hands around the crystal pyramid at the top of the artifact you close your eyes and focus your thoughts initially on the strange figure of the enemy commander, wreathed in bronze armor and red robes with glorified silver stilts for legs.
(1/3)
>>
File: Madhu.jpg (98 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Madhu.jpg
98 KB, 600x800
Then a thought occurs. What if he realizes that you're scrying on him? No, no. That simply wouldn't do. Instead you shift your focus to his assistant. The chubby woman in unnecessarily ornate heavy armor. After a minute or so of concentration you feel as though your consciousness is jerked forcefully from your body, and instead of sitting in a tent you find yourself floating over the shoulder of this foreign woman.

The armor she wields today is identical to the armor you last saw her in. She's drinking water from a skin and riding alongside the enemy commander, Damodar if you recall his name correctly, on camels. You seem to have caught them in the midst of a conversation. тАЬ-illness. The Water Vatis cannot alleviate the suffering of so many. We must end this swiftly if we wish to win the day.тАЭ

When the woman you're observing, Madhu you think was her name, speaks she sounds hesitant. тАЬDamodar, let us not forget. The foreigners possess a dragon.тАЭ You want to interrupt her to point out that you do not 'possess' Zahak, but it seems that the prism doesn't allow for communication. A good thing, in all likelihood. тАЬWould it not be best to leave the captives here and retreat? We may always capture more slaves, and if they have no reason to do so I doubt these foreigners will pursue us.тАЭ

The commander doesn't say a word, just digs his heels into the flanks of his camel and rides ahead, towards what appears to be a contingent of heavy infantry. Madhu sighs before spurring on her own camel to follow. You're able to listen in on the orders the commander is giving. тАЬYou men.тАЭ He addresses the spearmen. тАЬTake the archers and slip onto the north bank of the riverbed. I want you to wait until their armies are engaged and then rain death upon our enemies from behind. I'll be trusting you to keep the archers safe from enemy counterattack. Go.тАЭ

(2/30
>>
File: Damodar.jpg (183 KB, 1024x1860) Image search: [Google]
Damodar.jpg
183 KB, 1024x1860
The soldiers do not bow, but they do swiftly move to obey. Some of them slip past the banks of the river to hide in the riverbed. Others peel off more slowly, so as not to draw the attention of your brother's forces you bet. All in all, you'd guess that about two hundred or so of his troops are splitting off the main body.

>Have your own men set up an ambush for the enemy forces over the crest of a dune, behind where they intend to set up their archers.
>Lead an attack against the archers and spearmen as soon as they make themselves known.
>Inform your brother and let him deal with this.
>Write-in
>>
File: I Lied .jpg (508 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
I Lied .jpg
508 KB, 1920x1080
>>42914711
>Inform your brother and consult Darzi and Profalactus they're more experienced than you
>>
>>42914711
>Have your own men set up an ambush for the enemy forces over the crest of a dune, behind where they intend to set up their archers.
>>
>>42914711
>Have your own men set up an ambush for the enemy forces over the crest of a dune, behind where they intend to set up their archers. And tell brother.
>>
>>42914711
>>
>>42914711

Time for Earth Golems
>>
>>42914711
>>
Rolled 9, 4, 7 = 20 (3d10)

>>42914711
>>
>>42914711
>>Have your own men set up an ambush for the enemy forces over the crest of a dune, behind where they intend to set up their archers.
>>
>>42914735
All of those are shit.
>>
>>42914711
RECONNAISSANCE
>>
>>42914735
the bottom one is the best of the bunch but get rid of the stupid looking things in the beginnings of the words
>>
>>42914711
>>Have your own men set up an ambush for the enemy forces over the crest of a dune, behind where they intend to set up their archers.
>>
>>42914711
because Mik not being a glory hog just doesn't feel right to me.
>>
File: eeeeeeeee.png (345 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeeeee.png
345 KB, 1920x1080
>>42914735
all of those are shit.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
>>
>>42914841
but thats not hogging the glory

thats doing our job
>>
>>42914735
>Inform and consult.

>>42914742
>>42914752
>>42914754
>>42914756
>>42914758
>>42914762
>>42914772
>>42914782
>>42914796
>>42914841
>SURPRISE MOTHAFUCKAS

Looks like we're giving them the ol' sandy surprise. Writin' right after I get back. Grabbing foodstuff.
>>
>>42914711
>>
>>42914892
fuggin soma
>>
>>42914886
no, coordinating with the rest of our forces is our job. you don't get to make decisions like this in a real army if you aren't the acting commander. you give the information to your immediate superior.
>>
>>42914735
Protip: Just because we're going to the Jungle doesn't mean the text has to be some fancy leafy crap.
>>
>>42914735
you would have been better off using comic sans
>>
>>42914859
>>42914791
>>42914776
I was recommend all but like 2 of them
>>
>>42914921
mik isnt in the military
>>
>>42914977
he is right now.
>>
Actually, important question before I leave.

>Have Zahak circle above the battle, attacking when an opportunity presents itself or when you call for his aid.
>Command your forces from Zahak's back.

The first option means he'll have a greater affect on the overall battle but you'll lose out on the +1 MP bonus until you call for his aid, effectively making him sort of a reserve unit.

The second option means you'll get the +1 MP and he'll play a larger role in your personal battles, but he'll have lesser effect on the battle overall.
>>
>>42915021
Second option: More father/son bonding with dragon son.
>>
File: fire.jpg (224 KB, 607x492) Image search: [Google]
fire.jpg
224 KB, 607x492
>>42915021
>>Command your forces from Zahak's back.
Quality bonding time
>>
>>42915021
>>
>>42915021
>Option 2
>>
>>42915021
>Have Zahak circle above the battle, attacking when an opportunity presents itself or when you call for his aid.
To have a trump card
Also to keep him safe

The enemy commander is too confident for my liking
>>
>>42915021
>>
>>42915075
Wouldn't he be safer if we were with him?
>>
>>42915021
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.