[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Persona One-Shot Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1
File: 4340885622_c500aacf35_n.jpg (43 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
4340885622_c500aacf35_n.jpg
43 KB, 320x180
First time QM, so I'm hoping to improve through this one-shot as well experimenting a bit with some formats.
If I can get enough support and critique from this thread, I'll find the time to make this into a weekly Quest.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>??/?? ??:??
>??????

'-y- --- ------l-'

Silence is replaced by a distorted ringing as you groggily regain consciousness.

You try to open your eyes but find no response nor feeling in your eyelids. Your hands reach for your face to open them, or they would if they weren't similarly unresponsive.

There is no feeling in your body, you can't even tell if your arms are at your sides or if your feet are touching the floor.

'-t a------- -h-- ---- --e----- ---- -- -----g -n------- --t-.'

The noise doesn't stop, yet your ears aren't the ones receiving it.

You try to let out a cry for help, a scream, but nothing escapes your lips. Are they even there?

Is any part of you even here?! Where is here?! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!!?!

'P-e-s- re--in -al-.'

Is that a voice? The ringing seems to be dissipating, and through you it you hear a voice. Or you think you do, any sign of change in this situation would honestly seems like wishful thinking.

'C-ear yo-r m-nd -f pan-c an- t-is fa-e f-ster.'

No, it is becoming clearer! There's someone else here besides you, but you can't fully make out what it is saying.

'I can assure you, I am most trustworthy.'

That you could understand. It's a man's voice, but the ringing returned as soon the phrase finished. You're not sure as to how you're supposed to respond, but you need to at least make a choice on what to do.

>Trust the voice

>Don't trust the voice
>>
>>44780776
>Trust the voice
Well, maybe not trust, but at least listen to for now.
>>
>>44780916
>>44780916
>In the interest of time we will go with this.

You're not entirely sure if you can trust a disembodied voice, but at least you'll pay attention to what it has to say.

At least it's something to keep your mind off of...whatever is going on.

'Pl-ese, cal- yo-r m-nd.'

The pinging is back, but at least you can kinda make out what it said.

Now the question is, how do you calm your mind in this state?

'I-agine some-hing, th-t ea-es y-u'

>What do you think of to calm yourself?

>A person close to you
>A treasured object
>Yourself
>>
>>44781319
>A treasured object
>>
>>44781319
>A person close to you
>>
>>44781345
>>44781369

>If no one replies in the next min, I'll allow you both to roll for it.
>>
>>44781319
>>A person close to you
>>
>>44781489
>And just within the minute mark. Write up incoming.
>>
>>44781502
Get a trip btw.
>>
>>44781489
>>44781369
>A person close to you

You imagine the image of a mustached, caucasian man. It's your father, David.

He held you in his hands since you were a baby, and didn't let go even after mom left.

He was someone you respect, look up to, and most all love and even now he's someone you could never imagine living without.

'So, that's what you chose to clear away the chains of your mind?'

The ringing is gone! The voice is completely clear now, yet you're still not sure how you're hearing it.

'Before we can have a proper introduction, it seems your physical form remains un-manifested within this place.'

What?! Your body is gone!?

'Please, do not be too alarmed. While this is an unusual occurrence, there is a way to remedy this.'

There is? What is he talking about?

'Please listen carefully, try to remember a hobby you enjoy. Something that your mind, can find interest in.'

>Sports
>Friends
>Studies
>Other
>>
>>44781831
Painting
>>
>>44781892
>Other: Painting

There was something about the brush that kept you interested.

Whether it was the sense of accomplishment at finishing a piece, the oo's and aa's of your classmates when you showcased a piece, or just the creative rush that kept you sated, you always really enjoyed painting.

Dad always said you made such a mess, even after you moved your set to the garage.

You could swear that your hands were making the brushstrokes as you imagined yourself at your table aga-HOLY FUCK THOSE ARE YOUR HANDS!

Each individual finger, each crease your palms, the feeling of tactile bliss.

'It is often with our hands that we both create, and destroy. Yet all creative or destructive process begins in the mind.'

'Now, imagine for me something more abstract. What do you value most in comradeship?'

>Loyalty
>Care
>Trust
>>
>>44782234
>Care
>>
>>44782234
>Loyalty
>>
>>44782234
>Care
>>
>>44782234
>Trust
>>
>>44782657
>>44782249
>Care Write up Incoming
>>
>>44782751

If a friend can't care, then there is no reason for them to even be around. Is there even a point to friendship with someone who didn't care?

While you've never seen yourself as over reliant on people, you've always needed someone there to help you along through really tough parts of your life; even if just one of those people is still with you now.

Those thoughts are interrupted by the slow tapping you hear in front of you. A small bit of movement escapes your head, or where you think it should be.

Your hands reach for the areas, and sure enough you find your ears.

'Hmm, it appears we are almost halfway there.' 'Though, I think we should think of something more pleasant to ease away from the more abstract.'

It's not as if he was asking you to imagine anything unpleasant, but you heed the voice anyways.

'To listen is to learn, but to speak is to understand. Now, how do you see yourself in adulthood?'

>Wealthy
>Happy
>Married
>>
>>44782892
>Happy
>>
>>44782892
>Married

You know, what most of us will never be.
>>
>>44782892

>Happy

I wrote in grade 1 I wanted to be a pirate for what what I wanted to be in my future. The teacher crossed it out and put 'privateer' and then went on a lecture how privateers can only be one by getting a letter of marque from the Queen... sadly, such things are not done anymore.

So he asked me to put something else done. I put down 'happy'.

He wondered why I was always putting down things that were difficult to be.
>>
>>44782892
>Wealthy
>>
>>44782959
Hey, at least you weren't the kid who wanted to be a bear when he grew up.
>>
>>44782957
Married over Happy and Wealthy.
Happy over Married and Wealthy.
Wealthy over Happy and Married.

Also, you don't need to be married to start a family.
>>
>>44782950
>>44782959
>Happy
>Write Up Incoming
>>
>>44782959
Can someone screenshot this? I would but my phone hates me.

This shit is too true. My first grade was different though.

Teacher gave the class a piece of paper with a empty outline of a portrait. Without giving us instructions yet, I started drawing this awesome green-skinned monster with fangs and glowing eyes.

She then told us to draw ourselves. Came over to my desk, looked at my drawing, and told me I can't restart for some reason.

Am I a monster /tg/?
>>
>>44783139
Dude. You're browsing 4chan.
>>
>>44782959
>>44783005
>>44783139
My grade one teacher was a pretty cool guy. He actually dedicated a few minutes to explain the difference between a pirate ( even went through the trouble of writing hostis humani generis = enemy of mankind on the blackboard) and a privateer (super happy patriotic pirates for fun and profit).
>>
>>44783049

This was a question you'd heard before, they asked to everyone during grade school, middle school, and now even in high school.

Everyone else put down their jobs, their families, and something that they thought would make them happy in their lives. You always thought of yourself as that kid that just wished that things could be simpler, at least from an emotional perspective.

Whether you'll be at the top of a high-rise apartment in New York, sweeping floors at local McDonald's, or living with a wife and child in a sleepy suburb somewhere in the East Coast, you wanted to above everything else just be happy with your own life.

"Hah...", a shallow gasp escapes your parting lips. "What...hah...is going on here?"

"Excellent! Your voice, along with your thoughts, have guided you to this point," the voice spoke rather excitedly this time.

"Introductions will be underway soon, but please bear with a few more questions."

"Alright," your breath has returned, "Fire away, if it means that I get some answers I really don't mind at this point."

"Splendid!" the voice spoke again, "If you had a favored partner in life, what qualities would you value the most in them?"

>Similar Interests
>Mutual Trust
>Social Standing
>>
>>44783340
>Social Standing
Is this whole thread just gonna be char gen?
>>
>>44783340
>>Mutual Trust
Hey, it's gotta be a friend we're willing to pull for.
>>
>>44783340
>Mutual Trust
>>
>>44783374
Depends on how far we get. I was planning on making this a one-shot, but seeing how many people are showing up I may continue further than planned.
>>
>>44783378
>>44783407
>Mutual Trust
> Write Up Incoming
>>
>>44783505

You can't tell if he's talking about a really close friend or a girlfriend, though it wouldn't matter either way.

"Well, if we're talking about someone I'd spend the rest of my life with, we would need to trust in each other," you respond definitively.

"And how do you figure so?" there is air of curiosity to the voice's tone. Getting your body back or not, whoever this guy is, he is rather nosy about your business.

"If there is no trust with someone, how can you expect them to trust you back," you answer, "it's a golden rule for any relationship. Even if you share interests with someone, who knows what that person might do if they don't trust you."

A sharp pain hits rear, as you land ass first onto what seems like a carpet.

"Truly,you are someone interesting," the voice spoke up a bit,"yet it seems sight remains the only thing missing from you."

"Well, let's get this over with then." there's an impaitience to your voice,"Ask away, Mr...?"

You hear a small laugh before the voice speaks again. "In due time, but first your final question, one only those chosen to be here can answer."

>What is your name? (Write In)
>>
>>44783691
Black Andrew Adder (... met a guy who had this name once, his parents were fans of british comedy. Bonus, he's a doctor now, so he's Dr. Black Andrew Adder)
>>
>>44783765
They weren't cruel enough to name hims 'edmund black adder'.
>>
>>44783691
Jack Moore
>>
>>44783765
>Gonna wait a little longer, though I will make this the character's name if no one objects.
>>
>>44783924
I wholeheartedly object
>>
>>44783691
Marcus Kirk
>>
>>44783922
>>44783976
>>44783765
>Ok, should probably make it a rule to stop posting names after the first 3. Anyways, choose from the three provided.

>Black Andrew Adder
>Jack Moore
>Marcus Kirk
>>
>>44784044
>Jack Moore
>>
>>44784044
>Marcus Kirk
>>
>>44784052
>>44784052
>Jack Moore
>Write up Incoming
>>
>>44784195

"Jack Moore."

You're overcome with a rush of sensory information as your eyes snap open.

You hear the sounds of a beautiful piano, intermixed with an operatic aria that tears at your heartstrings with how exquisite it is.

There is a smell of velvety carpet and wine as breathe in.

The floor feels durable yet soft to the touch, no doubt the carpet is hiding steel beneath it.

And blue, no a sea of velvety blue assaults your eyes. On the floor, the furniture, and walls of every part of this...submarine? Maybe it was the weird portholes on the side that gave it away.

"Welcome, Jack Moore, to the Velvet Room, a place between dream and reality, mind and matter."

You turn your head to the origin of that voice, to find a strange, balding old man with a long, beak like nose sitting a throne-couch staring right at you.

While his bloodshot eyes, and goblin-esque body unnerve you slightly, there is an odd gentlemanly tone to him that puts you at ease. Maybe it's the suit.

"I am Igor, and I am delighted to make your acquaintance," he speaks in that oddly pleasant tone. "please, forgive the earlier inconvenience. We have never had a guest go through such an ordeal to just arrive here."

>Respond:

>Aggressive
>Neutral
>Passive
>>
>>44784524
>Neutral
>>
>>44784524
>Neutral

There's no other way to protag
>>
>>44784695
>>44784577

"Hey, no skin off my back," you respond as non-nonchalantly as you can, "though it's not exactly something I want to go through again."

"That much I can assure you of," Igor added, "while the occurrence itself is a topic of interest, it is something we must regrettably return to on another day."

He continues before you can answer, "Now, do you believe in fortune telling?"

'What? What is he talking about?' your thoughts of confusion strain, but are silenced as Igor materialized a large table and a deck of cards on top of it.

More questions begin to pile up in your mind, as he begins to shuffle them without even touching the cards.

'This has to be one of those dreams that they document you for.'

Igor finished shuffling, and places the three cards upon the table.

"Now, let's see what the future holds. Pick from the among the three."

'Guess I've just got to play along, though it's not as I haven't been doing that already...'

>Left
>Middle
>Right
>>
>>44784799
>Middle
True neutral
>>
>>44784885

You point to the card, and Igor waves hind gloved hand at it.

The card flips to reveal a 12-spoke wheel, surrounded by shadowy figures, with the roman number X in the bottom center.

"The Wheel of Fortune, in the downright position," Igor speaks calmly, "This card represents your far future, a warning for your coming days. It appears that the loss of your freedom shall equate the failure to your immediate future."

"Wait, what do you mean failure," you didn't mean to sound irritated, but this situation was becoming a little too confusing, "What am I failing exactly? And what do you mean loss of freedom?"

Igor looked at you, and then at the cards, and then back at you with much more intent than you thought possible with those eyes of his.

"That is something that is yet to be seen."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, sorry guys but I am stopping right there. I hate cliffhangers as much as the next guy, but I can't write anymore this late into the evening.

I am not sure if I will continue this thread, since I am still trying to find a working format for my Quests, but I'll see later in the week.

Give me some critique, and tell me what I need to improve on before I can try something like this again.

Helpful tips and advice are also welcome. Anyways, night anon.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.