[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So do you guys use any Oaths or prayers or chants or whatever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1452026023221.jpg (381 KB, 717x897) Image search: [Google]
1452026023221.jpg
381 KB, 717x897
So do you guys use any Oaths or prayers or chants or whatever in any of your games, if so what are they - The Paladin Oath of lawful goodness, the Knights Oath to be chivalrous, the Necromancers chant to rise the dead etc etc?
>>
File: 1449991276293.jpg (263 KB, 999x1400) Image search: [Google]
1449991276293.jpg
263 KB, 999x1400
Besides the Knights Oath from Dragonheart I've never heard a cool oath.

>A knight is sworn to valor.
>His heart knows only virtue.
>His blade defends the helpless.
>His might upholds the weak.
>His word speaks only truth.
>His wrath undoes the wicked.
>>
I make up little diddies or describe a little ritual for whenever my character casts a specific spell for the very first time in-game. That's about as far as I'm willing to go.
>>
I find it works best when the oath is also tied to "use your fucking brain, tho". This prevents going full lawful stupid while still representing the ideals.

Copied this in a .txt from a post some anon made here couple of weeks ago.

>Honesty. Don't lie or cheat. Let your word beyour promise.
>Courage. Never fear to act, though caution is wise.
>Compassion. Aid others, protect the weak, and punish those who threaten them. Show mercy to your foes, but temper it with wisdom.
>Honor. Treat others with fairness, and let your honorable deeds be an example to them. Do as much good as possible while causing the least amount of harm.
>Duty. Be responsible for your actions and their consequences, protect those entrusted to your care, and obey those who have just authority over you
>>
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Heh. My Barbarian has a call-and-response with his horde. If you remember your Arnie movies, you know the rest of this one. He yells, "Warriors! What is best in life?!"
>>
>>44707417
That's awfully long for a call and response chant. Especially in the middle of a fight.
>>
File: Morgoth.jpg (283 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Morgoth.jpg
283 KB, 1280x1024
Blade with whom i have lived,
Blade with whom i now die...

Never had the chance to use it yet, no bloody games
>>
As a bard for one of my first games, the dm asked me to come up with small stories to tell the party or to tell a crowd when I used perform.

I did have a list of like ten or so, but they all were on an old computer I no longer own. I need to come up with more.
>>
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's light
>>
>>44707486

TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, see them driving Ford coupes, something something mumble...
>>
Only game I'm playing as of now is anima so just normal christian chantics and prayers.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.