[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Tale Of Witches: Chapter 52 (Quest)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 14
File: A Tale Of Witches OP 2nd.jpg (80 KB, 420x640) Image search: [Google]
A Tale Of Witches OP 2nd.jpg
80 KB, 420x640
OP pasta
Charsheet Maria: pastebin.com/rZP5PnxW (Current as of 2015-03-08, small corrections aside this paste will be cloned, rather than edited, please DON'T bookmark and instead check the most recent thread if you wish to stay current)
Charsheet Helena: http://pastebin.com/Pek8HvDq
Wiki: http://ataleofwitches.wikia.com/wiki/A_Tale_of_Witches_Wiki

Answer collection by based Question Anon
Pt.1 http://pastebin.com/h7TvK9yx
Pt.2 http://pastebin.com/GTp9kcmN

suptg: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=A%20Tale%20Of%20Witches (Not up to date; I just sorta forgot about it after a multitude of downtimes and problems of my own. Sorry about that).
Fuuka Archive: http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/a%20tale%20of%20witches/
Newest write-up: https://medium.com/@ATaleOfWitches/the-path-of-absolution-i-d67de4cf33b0

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ConvictCyborg
Tumblr: http://convictcyborg.tumblr.com/
eMail: [email protected]

Quest resumes in next post.
OP pasta
Charsheet Maria: pastebin.com/rZP5PnxW (Current as of 2015-03-08, small corrections aside this paste will be cloned, rather than edited, please DON'T bookmark and instead check the most recent thread if you wish to stay current)
Charsheet Helena: http://pastebin.com/Pek8HvDq
Wiki: http://ataleofwitches.wikia.com/wiki/A_Tale_of_Witches_Wiki

Answer collection by based Question Anon
Pt.1 http://pastebin.com/h7TvK9yx
Pt.2 http://pastebin.com/GTp9kcmN

suptg: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=A%20Tale%20Of%20Witches (Not up to date; I just sorta forgot about it after a multitude of downtimes and problems of my own. Sorry about that).
Fuuka Archive: http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/a%20tale%20of%20witches/
Newest write-up: https://medium.com/@ATaleOfWitches/the-path-of-absolution-i-d67de4cf33b0

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ConvictCyborg
Tumblr: http://convictcyborg.tumblr.com/
eMail: [email protected]

Quest resumes in next post.
>>
File: 1451046569734.png (72 KB, 439x401) Image search: [Google]
1451046569734.png
72 KB, 439x401
>>
File: Sora blade.png (3 MB, 1012x1433) Image search: [Google]
Sora blade.png
3 MB, 1012x1433
rolled 1 = 1
[X] Go to Dragonheart
[X]Tell her everything
Right, that's enough weird for today.

"If everyone's al-- let's go home"

"Did you not wish to look around further, Lady Maria?" I shake my head, Eriadne's eyes going from blue to dark blue dotted with gold. It's so nice to look at, not strange at all if you get used to it a little more. I wonder if she could. like, draw hearts on it or somethi- what. I glance at Liliana, but no there's nothing of that to be seen here. Anyways.

"Uhm, maybe, but we've like been here for a while and that mushroom thingy is probably not here". She smiles. She really SHOULD do that more often-- she's not smiling because I totally messed up that sentence is she? Eeep, need to get rid of these though--

-will give support/power if wanted/required/accepted-

--just like that, they're gone, the sudden calm inside my head feeling every bit like that of a quiet spring morning. Right, that's…not bad.

-welcome/permitted/accepted?-

I give what I hope is *only* a mental nod, turning my attention outside. Hey, don't question a free meal, right?

"As you say, then". My friend nods curtly, beginning to almost /glide/ down the way we came. Hey, don't you…never mind. I'm almost jealous how she can go from one thing to another just like that. Like she never even doubts anything, and once she's decided that's where here heart is.

With a frown, Evangelyne gathers up the two clerics - what's Liliana so pleased about anyways - and moves to follow, with Sora, the twins and I bringing up the rear. Uuuh, I kinda want to be in front and make sure there's no danger, but… the foreigner coughs.
1/2
>>
What is this quest about again?
>>
>>44640131
A bunch of creeps talking about bullshit.
>>
"Oi, by tha way, it ain't tha proppa tiem fer it nao bud I was thinkin' dat y'all deserve tha kno n' such..." She trails off, and for the first time ever she seems /very/ uncomfortable. O… kay. That's probably more disturbing than whatever she's about to say. The twins pat her arms - again in perfectly the same way - and Sora smiles, as if they really gave her the strength to continue. Maybe they did. Such things can work in odd ways sometimes.

"Rite, anyways, uh…like, back home I got in sum trabble an', well..." Evangelyne shakes her head.

"You do not have to tell us anything, it's quite alright if we wai--" She cuts off as I raise my hand - really that shouldn't please me - and even Eriadne stops as if she'd sensed the signal.

There it is again. The grey-white bird-like shape from the train, circling just out of view. 'Ashrak'. Where do I know it from… but… wait… WAIT. Not here. Not here. Not now. Not now. It should have- why now. They shouldn't...!!

"GET--!"
"Maria, what is going o--" Evangelyne starts, but then Sora's already by her side shielding her with her own body.
"DOWN!"
--not too late either. The shape /dives/, and in a flash of dirt and light the world is replaced with...

An endless forest of ashen-grey trees. Abive a sky full of strange stars, like a thousand thousand evil eyes glaring down on us hatefully.
[YOU HAVE ENTERED THE Wasteland of Nergal]

Slowly, everyone gets up - the twins looking around curiously - and dusts themselves off as if on instinct.

"Eriadne, if this is one of your tricks I swear..." Nobody learns what Evangelyne swears, for in that moment a voice BOOMS from the distant sky, each word as much heard inside our heads as with our ears.

THOU RLALEY TGHUHOT TOHU COLUD EPSCAE VEEGNANCE SLYAER?!

END OF ARC 2
START OF ARC THREE: Powers and Prophecies
2/2
>>
File: aristea lagidis.jpg (453 KB, 772x1000) Image search: [Google]
aristea lagidis.jpg
453 KB, 772x1000
I am Aristea Lagidis, seamstress, Hero, Descendant Wife and, right now, way too excited. The new day smells of adventure, a fresh scent that mingles with the dark aroma of my scentwater into a green smell full of promise and hope.

It's hard to keep myself from skipping through the entrance of the Guard's headquarters, the Enforcers on duty letting me pass with just a few words. Not exactly according to 'protocol', but who's going to tell someone who's got business with a Captain no?

Right, let's see, where could h--

"Are you lost?" Suddenly He looms in front of me, graven voice impassive yet bearing a hint of something most everyone wouldn't have picked up on, an edge that says 'You're not supposed to be here'. Well burn it, I'm here so I might as well.

"I'm not bu--"

"Hey Bossman where's the…oh". A girl clad in the blues of the Guard about… her… age rounds a corner, delicate face's tan doing little to hide the sun-spots strewn across it like dark stars on a sky before dawn. Her cheerful expression falters, the dimples fading from the corners of her flushed cheeks, full lips drawing into a pout. Her almond-shaped grey eyes widen, and for few minutes she just looks at me. Damnation, she's pretty. Disheveled and sweaty, but...

Inhaling, I turn my face towards my Ascendant and smile - far too widely - as I seek his eyes.
1/2
>>
>>44640140
HOLY FUCK
THE PLOT HAS ARRIVED
LIKE A TRAIN WITH NO BREAKS
>>
File: Destiny Code.gif (778 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Destiny Code.gif
778 KB, 500x500
"Why, I didn't know you were teaching today... /husband/".
"You didn't ask". He shrugs, unimpressed by my tone and I fight the urge to punch him. He /does/ punch back. Fool taking his vows far too seriously!

"Tiara?" He turns away. A mix of emotions plays over the girl's face - she's not going to run, is she - but then she steps forward, making the old sign of heaven and earth across her heart.

"Meet my wife". I give her a thin smile, impatience almost making me forget my manners.

"Pleased to see you, Tiara". The girl nods.

"Can I go bo-- permission to leave, sir?" My Ascendant grunts.

"Can't keep you. Permission granted". And, with that, she's off like the wind, leaving the two of us alone.

He peers down at me.

"Well?" I shake my head and extend my hand, almost afraid he won't grasp it for a moment.

"Outside"

There is the melody of last night again-
=One for One I Give And Take. From Dusk Till Dawn My Servants Wake. A Blissful Truth A Bitter Lie One Fate Must Live Another Die=

I motion him to bend down - by the saints he's way too tall - and whisper in his ear as soon as we're out of sight.

The one news. The wonderful news. The best news he'll get this day.

"I'm pregnant".

-Fin-
>>
>>44640152
>Hero
Oh my
>>
>>44640165
A wild Hex appears!
With an interesting intermission.
>>
>>44640120
>I wonder if she could. like, draw hearts on it or somethi-
That's indecent.

Also Maria is becoming an onee-san?
>>
>>44640244
She has to be.
Maria was born when her dad was still an enforcer and her mum a cook.
>>
>>44640140
Is it me or did Sora's accent get even stronger over Christmas?

Also good to see you back, Hex! Straight into the action eh.
>>
>>44640140
So perfect sage soon?
>>
>>44640296
Wuzzat?
>>
>>44640300
From our dreams anon.
With the infernolance and all.
>>
>>44640120
>I wonder if she could. like, draw hearts on it or somethi-

Quest accepted.
>>
>>44640306
Oh, right.
Well, I dunno if Maria will get there too soon. Gotta level up a bit first, you know how it is.
>>
>>44640308
We're gonna have to protect everyone's smiles first anon. From whoever this poorly spelled 'VEEGNANCE SLYAER' is.
>>
>>44640311
From the ARC title I feel it maybe be something like the avatar state or whatever.
>>
>>44640326
If so, this would be a good time for it to manifest!
Though even then it might take a while to learn how you do that.
>>
>>44640318
B-but what if Eriadne's smile summoned this thing?
>>
>>44640333
Could be similar in that instead of unlocking the full power and control it's sort of an emergency defense mechanism.
>>
>Maria has been replaced in less than 3 days
By the time a years past they probably won't even remember us.
>>
File: dfdf.jpg (24 KB, 582x598) Image search: [Google]
dfdf.jpg
24 KB, 582x598
am Maria of House Antioch and - right now - not sure that won't become "have been" really fast. My friends - cause that's what they are - and I were JUST about to leave, but then something my "memory" tells me is commonly known as an "Ashrak" just ambushed us. Right now it seems satisfied with playing with us, but who knows how long that'll last. At the back of my mind I noticed how pleased I am with myself.

Calm, collected, just taking care of the situation with the proper amount of respect. I guess it's also a bit sad that this comes so much more naturally than just talking with people, but as long as I can keep them safe it should be okay.

Alright, let's see. It's been three heartbeats since we got sent to this weird place, two since the voice spoke the last time. Could be worse, but I really need to-

--Current grouping spread out. Defensive capabilities unknown. Enemy unknown. Current approach split between self defense and rapid offense. Forest judged insufficient cover against aerial assault. At best useful for stalling. Tree grouping too sparse for long-term evasion. Group members ranked by spatial proximity and defense requirements: 'Twins', 'Helena', 'Liliana', '--

[[Please pick no more than one per category.
[Command Actions (Maria is a so-called Leader character, meaning she can raise her companion's offense/defense effeciency through Command Actions. Command Actions refresh every second post)]
1/2
>>
File: Ashrak.jpg (70 KB, 736x920) Image search: [Google]
Ashrak.jpg
70 KB, 736x920
[][Ralley] "Stay close!" (Increases morale, lowers offense, heghtens defense, lowers reaction)
[][Advance] "Stay sharp, Sora, Eriadne, it's time!" (Neutral moral, heightens offense, lowers defense, heightens reaction)
[] No, let them decide

[Magic Actions (Witch Spells require a so-called Setup Phase, meaning that in general a spell or effect will take time to resolve)]
[] [Abberation Barrier, defensive] "Sight unseen, Will unseen..." (Medium)
[] [???] There is something calling just beyond sight, a force old and wise living in a forest more wholesome and old than this one…(DIFFICULT)
[] [???] A pair of eyes look down from beyond, power just out of reach tempting me. Calling me. Promising me strength in return for service. I just need to take the step; It won't force me; It never does. (Medium)
[] [-help/power/salvation required/wanted/accepted-] If I pay attention there's a faint glow around myself and Helena… as well as some shining object one of the twins seems to have dropped. The power feels far more… distant and gentle than the others. This won't be something to tear down walls or bring down giants with, and who knows what lies behind these gentle words... (Cost unknown)
[] I really shouldn't try to use magic right now.

[Combat actions (Threat currently unknown, meneuvers will become available later)]
[][Defensive Stance]
[] [Offensive stance, sky]
[] Offensive stance, ground]
[] Offensive stance, Ranged]
2/2
>>
>>44640405
Holy shit gameplay.
>[][Ralley] Everyone is probably freaked out right now.
>[] [???] A pair of eyes look down from beyond, power just out of reach tempting me. Calling me. Promising me strength in return for service. I just need to take the step; It won't force me; It never does. (Medium)
This feels like AKAZU

[][Defensive Stance]
>>
>>44640405
Turn based combat makes a lot more sense with Maria as the PoV character.
>>
>>44640405
>A pair of eyes look down from beyond, power just out of reach tempting me. Calling me. Promising me strength in return for service. I just need to take the step; It won't force me; It never does.
I think it might be the All mother actually.
>>
>>44640405
Allllrighty then.
>[][Ralley] "Stay close!" (Increases morale, lowers offense, heghtens defense, lowers reaction)
>[] [Abberation Barrier, defensive] "Sight unseen, Will unseen..." (Medium)
>[][Defensive Stance]

I mean, we don't know what the fuck and we're defending our friends, so.
>>
>>44640405
>[][Ralley] "Stay close!" (Increases morale, lowers offense, heghtens defense, lowers reaction)
>[] [???] There is something calling just beyond sight, a force old and wise living in a forest more wholesome and old than this one…(DIFFICULT)
>[] Offensive stance, Ranged]

Multivotes from my phone is suffering incarnate. Must have spent 5 minutes on this shit.
>>
>>44640464
Maybe, would she be an option sooner than AKAZU? Who knows.
>>
>>44640405
What's the deal with these offensive stances?
Are they how we attack or what we're attacking?
>>
>>44640549
How I'd assume, unless this Ashrak thing is everywhere at once somehow.
>>
>>44640405
>>44640427
This sounds nice to me.

How was Christmas, Hex?
>>
So what's our gameplan, just group up, stay alert and try to figure out what this thing is gonna try so we can beat it?
>>
>>44640649
Yeah I'd say so apart from maybe getting "some" kind of help.
We just have no clue what we're dealing with right now so defensive is for the best.
>>
>>44640674
Fair enough then. It's too early for me to worry too hard about it anyway, let's see what next update brings.
>>
>>44640699
Hex isn't the kind for trap options and random deaths so this will probably be a "tutorial fight" so maybe some injuries (Which do mean something in this setting) or kidnappings if we fuck it up too hard but no-one should die.
>>
>>44640707
Wonder if the twins will contribute anything...
>>
>>44640732
Well they did have a blessed thing I'm assuming and they're not as useless as Liliana on Helena in a fight.
>>
Hex left for now?
Probably fine, more anons around in a few hours anyway.
>>
>>44640818
Who knows anon, maybe they can call on their gods for buffs. Like party bards!
>>
>>44640847
That's more Liliana's style.
They seemed to be about to tear RHP a new one that one time.
>>
I wonder how Maria will survive when Eriadne gets control of her eyes back.
>>
>>44641184
Just gotta not think about it.
>>
>>44641229
Hey maybe she'll get full control and it can be something special for Maria
>>
>>44641257
Patience, young anon, will no doubt reap rewards.
>>
File: 1409481841394.jpg (105 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
1409481841394.jpg
105 KB, 900x1273
>>44641382
Rewards are good.
>>
>>44641394
Anon pls, this is fight time.
>>
Don't die Hex!
>>
>>44640152
>>44640165
Maria's mom is cute, but much bitchier than I thought.
>"Are you lost?"
Pa is a real dick to his waifu.
>>
>>44642097
CULTURAL DIFFERENCES
>>
>>44642097
I'm sure it's just married banter!
>>
>>44640405
Hexer, you ran! I'm so glad!
>[x] Rally
I wish for Maria to judge the entity's capabilities first
>[x] [???] A pair of eyes look down from beyond, power just out of reach tempting me. Calling me. Promising me strength in return for service. I just need to take the step; It won't force me; It never does. (Medium)
I'm intrigued by this the most. Pacts for power are the realest shit. Nothing great comes without a cost.
>[x]Defensive Stance
Threat unknown
>>
((Sorry, had to run and couldn't get around to notify the thread. I'd have started later but REALLY didn't feel like delaying further, kneejerk reactions and all that. Next post upcoming, please wait warmly))
>all dem CONTRACT votes
((most peculiar... MOST peculiar indeed))
>>
>>44642294
>CONTRACT
Don't imply implications!
>>
>>44642294
Risk nothing and other will take the risks for you.
Also if it is AKAZU the whole black shaman Maria sounded cute.
>>
>>44642294
It's a very Maria thing to do to keep her friends safe.
>>
>>44641404
WE WILL PROTECT HER TOOTHY SMILE
>>
>>44642317
What's a black shaman maria
>>
>>44643238
I have no idea.
Hex just mentioned it once if we went down the AKAZU style skill tree or whatever.
And AKAZU is a bro.
>>
>>44643238
Clearly it's Maria with a few levels in shaman and some mascara.
>>
>>44643285
>>44643326
>invoking ancient evils
Pls.
>>
>>44643374
It's not an ancient evil more ancient warrior god.
And the whole shaman thing fits in with Maria's religion if it's accurate.
>>
>>44643374
Anon the witches wouldn't teach their pupils to form bonds with ancient evils for spells.
That's what they've been created to fight.
>>
>>44643374
Don't think of it as Maria consorting with evil spirits anon. Think of it as Maria educating evil spirits on how to be nice!
>>
>>44643456
She has experience!
>>
>>44640117
>Eri confronting Maria
>>
>>44645496
Well she does seemingly read Maria like a book so it checks out.
>>
>>44645561
>read Maria like a book
A locked book made of stone that eats its own pages.
Quite impressive really.
>>
>>44646176
An open book of love and good-girl-ness!
Sure there's a chapter of dubious and scary stuff with the deep training but the rest is fluffy!
>>
>>44646208
It was more of a joke on how Maria hides all of her emotions using her deep training That and I would say Eriadne is at least intrigued by Maria's training as scary as it can be.
>>
>>44646287
Might be, might be.
>>
>>44645496
Please support her in getting rid of her degeneracy.
>>
>>44646647
The deep training seems here to stay, anon.
>>
>>44646647
Nigga please, Eri is gonna hoard dat ass like so much gold
>>
>>44646647
I'm looking forward to getting a taste of our party in combat. Especially Eri.
>>
>>44646772
I don't think she has much in the way of combat abilities at the moment.
Though I wonder if her Dragonblood will give her powerful offensive magic.
>>
>>44646791
She sure can stab with her daggerthingy in an emergency
>>
>>44646816
Her stance is shit though.
>>
>>44646829
Maria would probably nitpick that, then get embarrassed once her thoughts catch up to her.
>>
>>44646829
Please support Maria in her efforts to turn her friends into a proper Kill Squad!
>>
((Apologies, gentlefolks, this entity was locked out of its abode))
>>44646647
>>44646951
--request/wish/desire has been received/understood/approved/---
>>
>>44647020
> this entity was locked out of its abode
How do you do these things?
>>
>>44646752
She wants to sleep on it?
>>
>>44647020
Impressive.
>>
>>44647020
>--request/wish/desire has been received/understood/approved/---
Athra, don't you dare un-gay Maria you piece of shit goddess.
>>
>>44647289
>Athra, don't you dare un-gay Maria you piece of shit goddess.
She doesn't operate that way I think.
>>
>>44647289
Don't worry anon, Hex is probably teasing (or didn't follow the comment chain properly).
>>
>>44647337
Her piece of shit cleric says otherwise.
>>
>>44647417
I know, I was bantering right back. I didn't honestly think he'd make a drastic character overhaul over a side comment that wasn't even part of a vote.
>>
>>44647425
Helena is just immature and inexperienced anon. No bully.
>>
>>44647425
>Her piece of shit cleric says otherwise.
Her cleric was also two steps from falling. I like helena but she's a fuckup.
>>
>>44647464
Please support Helena in not being such a fuck up.
>>
>>44649683
>Helena
>not being a fuck up
Is such a thing even possible?
>>
>>44651353
We'll have to try!
>>
Night Hex, hope you get some sleep too.
>>
>>44651353
bump
>>
I guess I'll bump for another 6 hours
>>
4 hours
>>
I feel not bringing our glaive was a shit fucking decision in hind sight.
>>
>>44661178
We're not in the real world anymore, we have other weapons at our disposal.
>>
Are you even here Hex?
>>
Rolled 1, 8, 5, 9, 5, 1 = 29 (6d10)

>>44662352
I'm here. Forgot to make some rolls.
Eriadne
>>
>>44662656
So you haven't even started?
This is what happens when you don't write regularly.
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 9, 1, 1, 6 = 50 (9d10)

Helena
>>
>>44662656
Eri can't roll for shit
>>
>>44662670
She's probably panicking again.
>>
Rolled 10, 9, 3, 10, 6, 2, 3, 4 = 47 (8d10)

>>44662665
It's sectioned. Section/Phase 1's nearly done, section 2's critical, which is what I'm currently rolling for.
Evangelyne.
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 10, 8, 3, 6, 2, 10 + 20 = 64 (8d10 + 20)

Sora.
Alright, done.
>>
>Maria is already dead
It was a good run.
>>
>>44662705
The twins and Liliana as well
The survivors will be devastated.
>>
>>44662705
wut?
>>
>>44662685
Will you post phase one when it's done?
>>
>>44662797
None of them got a roll.
Liliana is literally worthless in a fight, the twins are weird and non combat.
Leaving Maria who is a train soldier and probably incapacitated already.
>>
Sora dakis when?
>>
>>44662850
Once she's stopped carrying the team.
>>
>>44662670
It's only a little sub-par anon. Granted the 1s are bad...
>>
>>44663821
I hope her smile isn't in danger
>>
>>44664005
Maria will protect it.

When do we roll for Maria?
>>
>>44664147
I get the feeling our call for help worked and we'll be going through that
>>
>all that doom and gloom
((Oh my~))
>>44662801
(And I need less than twenty-five tries to get a site to load once, yes. Post attempt 5))
>>
>>44664211
Dammit Hex I wanted to go to bed early tonight.
>>
>>44664211
I gotta go out to shop Hex pls don't close any time in the next hour.

Just in case I mean. Figure it won't even be posted yet when I get back but still.
>>
>>44664254
((Please do so. Now)).
(Post attempt 3)
>>44664296
((wat. Ah whatever, see you))
>>
>>44664303
But I don't want to miss anything
>>
>>44664634
Be strong, anon. Hex updates at all hours of the day so it's impossible to catch every update no matter your timezone.
>>
>>44664772
>that session that started at 5 AM hextime
>>
>>44664921
I was impressed there were any anons around at all.

Also what's dice-system does Hex use again, I can't remember.
>>
>>44664935
I don't think anyone but Hex remembers.
I think big numbers are good.
>>
>>44664974
They usually are.
>>
Good night witches
>>
>>44665226
Night anon!
>>
>what do mean it would be nice to arrive on time
>have some large scale infrastructure meltdown :^)
Simply fornicate with my conditions, dear associates.
>>
>>44666493
I'm sure you'll get through it Hex!
>>
>>44666543
Kek
>>
>>44666493
Hope you're home again Hex!
>>
>>44666493
Why are you so cursed?
>>
Hex pls
>>
Please post soon Hex-chan
>>
ubump
>>
If you aren't actually going to run your quest, don't make a thread.

You're wasting valuable board real estate.
>>
>>44677265
Yes, but so do plenty of threads up at any given time so that's not so bad.
>>
iHez is ded
>>
>>44679773
That's too bad about this iHez fellow(apple fan?), but I want to know what happened to Hex.
>>
>>44679811
Hex just doesn't love us anymore.
>>
Hexer is a busy, industrious Kraut, just as he should be
>>
>>44681272
His failures tend to be outside influences
>>
[X]Rally
[X]Defensive Stance
[X] Call to the ancient power

This is what I trained for.
[Activated Command Skill: Rally]
[Activated Deep Training Skill: A Hunter's Mind ]
[Activaded Deep Training Skill: Heart of the Storm]

"Everyone, stick together!!" Even to myself my voice seems unnaturally loud and firm, my friends moving as if on puppet strings as my Will becomes part of theirs.

"Come out ya scumsucka, we ain't got no bloody time fer yer bloody gaems". Sora's got both her swords out, glaring into the twilight just as she moves in front of Evangelyne, twins close to her side. She's…angry wouldn't be the word. More like really, really annoyed. Huh. Maybe my encouragement went too well. Does she know this… thing?

THIS WON'T HLEP THEE, SALEYR, YUOR FNDREIS DON'T KNOW THOU SOLUHD HVAE ADIEVOD BINGRNIG TEHM HERE

'Inyasha en amreer see~' Helena speaks under her breath, leaves that weren't there a moment ago dancing all around us.

[Received Blessing of the Wild! All affected parties recover from being Downed in one turn]

-my servant/child/preacher will do/work/perform/speak/heal/aid-
With a gasp I realize I feel stronger than before. Better. More sure. Not too soon either, as a swarm of birds dives from the sky straight towards us.
1/2
>>
File: calling to the unspeakable.png (10 KB, 415x414) Image search: [Google]
calling to the unspeakable.png
10 KB, 415x414
"READY!" I hack, the first dispersing in a cloud of ashes, but there's another one. And another.

The world shrinks.

There's my blade. There's enemies. Knife seeks flesh, mind seeks weakness, hand brings death.

Kill. Reap. Destroy. End. The words dance before my eyes, and I dance with them.

I'm back-to-back with Eriadne, her blade rising and falling.

I dart in front of Evangelyne, enemy just a hands-breadth in front of her face. It dies, screaming.

We work as one.

We are one.

And then, it ends.

"Everyone…" I huff, not daring to take my eyes off of the surroundings.

"...alright?"

Murmured "yes" and "eh, been better". Except for Liliana, who is sitting on the floor and...

She's…singing?

"--ho ho ho, from land of ice and snow, bring presents power joy and light give power me to end this fight ho ho ho-"

Mist bubbles from the ground, becoming snowflakes that solidify into a portly man in reds and whites, carrying the largest sword I've ever seen with one hand. Surrounding him, smaller winged creatures dance carelessly through the air. He regards us with a gaze that goes right through us before settling on Liliana, who is still singing, though far more quietly now.

'Fae'. The word comes form /somewhere/, but there is no time paying attention, for a new flock of birds is quickly coming closer.
[Phase 1]
>>
Sasuga Hexer
>>
Did liliana just summon santa as a stand.
>>
>>44683138
>[Received Blessing of the Wild! All affected parties recover from being Downed in one turn]
Clerics too op pls nerf
>>
>>44683240
Liliana is a cute
>>
>>44683185
>I'm back-to-back with Eriadne, her blade rising and falling.
Eriadne confirmed for panic flailing
>>
File: armour_by_ashkey-d50hfek.png (368 KB, 450x727) Image search: [Google]
armour_by_ashkey-d50hfek.png
368 KB, 450x727
Attack pattern recognized. Adjusting stance. Current priority: Protect Eria-- countermanded. Proposed approach inadmissible. Group cohesion tantamount-

"I GOT ENUFF OF YER GAEMS!" Before I can stop her, Sora breaks out of our circle. The air around her shimmers as she sprints towards the fore-- is that a pair of fuzzy ears on her-- she's /fast/, an aura of hatred washing over us.

The swarm splits. NO.

As one, they veer off to--

"SORA!"

Too late. With a truly inhuman shriek she down. NO!

The twins look at their fallen companion…and smile.

"Time?" Erato asks. Thalia nods.
"For Senra".

"Shantak's..."
"...whisper"

Whatever happens next, I have no idea. Its like a picture had been slashed top to bottom, whatever I saw lost the next moment. There is nothing…except the voice. The one I've been too busy all my life. The voice that could have prevented this had I just asked...

-declaring ends becoming truth changing fates exposing lies becoming dawn destroying night unveiling eyes kindling light to sky from dark to earth unchaining wrath proclaiming carnage-

Everything vanishes.

{the first praisebearer looks down on the girl, smiling ruefully. It always hated what came next, but if The Lord commanded it would obey. It asked of the girl whether it is ready, and it just nods, smiling as the praisebearer's knife opens the girl's body to replace weakness with the glory of his master}

I…I can hear him. Finally. Always I've waited. Always I've searched, and yet....

1/2
>>
>>44683899
Catgirl Sora?

Wat.
>>
>>44683899
Sasuga AKAZU

>>44684032
She's a cat anon I feel it's a standard cat thing.
>>
>>44684077
Oh, true.
It's been so long I had half-forgotten about Totem Powers and totally forgotten Sora's totem.
>>
>>44683899
>to replace weakness with the glory of his master
A Maria will sacrifice ANYTHING to protect the smiles of her friends
>>
File: Maria Praisebringer.jpg (250 KB, 1024x1638) Image search: [Google]
Maria Praisebringer.jpg
250 KB, 1024x1638
"WILL YOU BRING MY LIGHT"
Yes.
"WILL YOU BRING MY WORD"
Yes.
"WILL YOU DELIVER MY DEATH"
YES.
"THEN RISE, AND BECOME DESTRUCTION!"

[You have become Maria the CHAOSBRINGER]

I shake my head, gasping. When did I fall? Doesn't matter. All that matters is the light.

My body's gone. My blades are gone. Doens't matter. All that matters is the light.

I'm looking down. I'm dust and smoke. All that matters is the light.

(Sora half-glances at me, blood-streaked face growing determined. All that matters is the light)
(I see Eriadne collapse, shrieking. All that matters is the light)
(Evangelyne turns away as she chants a spell. All that matters is the light)

Weakness. I've known weakness. But it's been so long. So long ago. I will be weak no longer. The light has set me free.

It's difficult to think of -flaying lies becoming ends- anything but -smashing seeking shores- everything becomes clear. -It's all clear. It's all good. I know what I must do-

[-manifesting power accepting strength weaving truth rejecting death-]
[] -shaping from darkness a wall beyond seeing-
[] -calling from eternity a blade to end tyranny-
[] -weaving from anger a word to rend mountains-
2/2
>>
G-guys. I think we overkilled it. Maria has gone full sith.
>>
>>44684176
>[x] -shaping from darkness a wall beyond seeing-
THE SPOOKIEST DEFENSE
>>
>>44684197
Nah AKAZU is a cool guy he's just an old one

>[X] -weaving from anger a word to rend mountains-
I hate birds.
>>
>>44684197
Don't forget that the all mother sends people crazy who come to her island and aren't witches.
Every Athra is fucking scary.
AKAZU is a old warrior god he is born of fear and the light.
>>
>>44684176
>>
>>44684176
>-calling from eternity a blade to end tyranny-
>>
>>44684176
>>
>everyone conveniently forgetting we just mindbroke Eri
>>44684176
>[x] -shaping from darkness a wall beyond seeing-
>>
>>44684176
>I see Eriadne collapse, shrieking.
Poor girl can't deal with two loads of AKAZU in two days.
>>
>>44684246
>Every Athra is fucking scary.
You mean rude.
>>
>>44684354
And rude.

>>44684305
It's because Eriadne is a coward Look at Sora she is a warrior.
>>
>>44684077
>She's a cat anon I feel it's a standard cat thing.
Remember, EshEsh's mistress rubs her kitty ears to calm her down.
>>44684087
Hex never stated it.
>>
>>44684176
>All that matters is the light.
> -flaying lies becoming ends-
> -smashing seeking shores-
>-It's all clear. It's all good. I know what I must do-
We have done a wonderful thing.
A horrifically wonderful thing.
When was the last Praisebringer brought into the light? The last CHOASBRINGER born?
>>
Hex you have to update soon this time.
This is too amazing to just leave hanging.
>>
>>44684292
It's a known AKAZU side effect.
We'll have to cuddle her/Be cuddled a bit afterwards.
>>
>>44684176
>[] -weaving from anger a word to rend mountains-
>>
File: Maria.gif (2 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
Maria.gif
2 MB, 427x240
>>44684176
>[x] -weaving from anger a word to rend mountains-
>>
>>44684176
>All that matters is the light
Wait have we gain the power of the most literal sense?
Like summoning the power of a star.
>>
Hopefully someone shows up to break this tie.
>>
>>44684176
>Early apudeito
Man, I'm gonna miss all of them at this rate. Still voting though.
>[x] -calling from eternity a blade to end tyranny-
>>
>>44684176
>[] -shaping from darkness a wall beyond seeing-
Worry
>>
Maria better go back to normal fleshy form once this fight is over I tells you hwat!
>>
>>44686109
I assume she will if very shaken up.
Hopefully she and Eri can find some comfort from each other on the way back to mooncrest.
>>
>>44686123
Let's hope we didn't traumatize Eri too much or that might be tough.
>>
>>44686156
I assume it's the same deal as when we got back from AKAZU's realm.
She will probably be pretty shaken but still all their.
Unfortunately she didn't know to not look at Maria like Eva.
>>
>>44686156
Well once we turn back into a human we should hold her until she calms down even if she hurts us.
>>
>>44686245
I dunno if that's the right approach but...
>>
>>44686265
IT WORKED LAST TIME
>>
>>44686273
Fair enough, we'll see what happens.

Updating at 9AM on a Sunday though, I hope Hex got some sleep.
>>
>>44686302
I have no idea.
I hope it doesn't take long to update this is getting too good.
>>
>>44686311
Indeed, another Sunday update would be nice.
>>
>>44686265
>>44686302
Weeeell apparently we do have probationary touching rights.
>>
>>44686353
Since when, anon?
>>
>>44686381
I dunno Hex mentioned it. I assume after yesterday.
Helena has full right already. Clerics OP pls nerf
>>
>>44686400
Oh, well that's good then.
>>
>>44686353
But if they're probationary they can be revoked, for example if Maria goes full AKAZU, right?
>>
>>44686551
I assume they would be revoked if we groped her or something dumb.
>>
Goodnight Praisebringers
>>
>>44686678
Night anon! Hopefully you'll wake up to Maria fixing everything!
>>
>>44684176
>[x] -weaving from anger a word to rend mountains-
KILLING WORD
>>
Was it looking or being looked at that scared people the first time?
It may be worthwhile to blindfold ourselves to not scare shit shit out of everyone.
>>
>>44687160
Maria fighting while cosplaying Justice when?
>>
>>44687617
When she gets super powers
>>
Is a Hex even here?
>>
>>44689885
I'm sure he's wracking his brain for the right words as we speak.
>>
>>44683899
>Protect Eria--
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~
>>
>>44690720
>GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~
>countermanded
>>
>>44690720
Well yeah, thats been pretty obvious since the beginning.
>>
>>44690919
>Deep training forces her to protect everyone instead of just her waifu
This actually makes a lot of sense when you think about guards
>>
Hopefully the fallout isn't too catastrophic.
Though either way it will be interesting.
>>
>>44693121
Maria's love for her friends will pull her through.
>>
bumparoo
>>
I want to cuddle and comfort a terrified Eriadne.
>>
>>44701379
Someone should give her a scalp massage
>>
>>44704013
Rubbing the dragon's belly?
>>
>>44704808
Sensually massage dragon mounds.
>>
>>44705672
Carress dragon legs.
>>
((Not dead, just stuck. Also closing. Should be done in two)).
>>
>>44706250
>Should be done in two
Well everyone, see you in two months
>>
>>44706250
>Not dead, just stuck.
It's okay. The thread has been brilliant so far.
>>
>>44640152
>those comments
Is Ma a closeted bisexual or something?
>>
>>44707555
I think she just misses Maria.
>>
You still alive Hexer (Weisman)?
>>
>>44707718
Abandoned once again.
Just like Maria will abandon her friends.
>>
>>44708155
Hex will update soon anon! Just like Maria will protect her friends!
>>
>>44708155
Nonsense.

Even XS thinks she's too pure for that.

Though apparently no longer pure enough not to get bathing scenes.
>>
>>44708245
XS is ded tho
>>
I'm really excited about AKAZU path.
It feels like some sort of demon hunter idea where we gain the use of his blessings by destroying evil.
Since of "It won't force me; It never does." and all.
>>
>>44708382
It's certainly entering the unknown in many ways. The next update will be interesting.
>>
>>44708255
Not ded, just recuperating. Right? ):
>>
I think AKAZU is the god of light.
>>
>>44710024
>"This one… is First Praisebearer to the One Known As AKAZU, warden of Paradox and Guardian of Entropy"
We've already been told what he is. THough I don't blame you for forgetting.
Though if you take it in a more literal sense it does kind of make sense.
>>
Okay yeah it is us looking at people that causes fear not the other way around.
A blindfold will be a good idea on the trip home.

This meshes really nicely with the AKAZU visit as well.
>>
Heeeex-cheeeeen
Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.