[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ceaseless Tides Quest 8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: op1.png (968 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
op1.png
968 KB, 1920x1080
>Previous Threads
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Ceaseless%20Tides%20Quest

>(Twitter)
https://twitter.com/QM_Auri

>Character Sheet
http://pastebin.com/9SGC8Myd

>Dice Rules
http://pastebin.com/AGwTsJEY

~

“How do you not have to pay?!” Diana pulls away from the payment screen and eyes you suspiciously behind her glasses.

“That’s not how it is for everyone?” You click through the many options on the screen, trying to remember what Luca showed you the other day.

“No, that’s not how it is for everyone…” Diana nudges you aside and begins rapidly adding items. Soon enough both of your meals are accounted for, likely thanks to the Vice Admiral. “There. Now we’re both done.”

“You’re welcome.” You call out as the two of you move to find a spot to eat.

She settles in the seat across from you. “That’s only a microscopic drop in the bucket of what I lost because of you.”

Here we go again with that.

“Just how much did you lose in that bet anyway?” You eye her tray and note that she mostly loaded up on dessert.

“Six thousand SC.” She brandishes an accusatory spoon at you. “But that’s nothing compared to the blow to my pride.” Her spoon swings back to dig into a piece of crumbly cake.

With much effort, you manage to ignore her ridiculous comment about the money. “So, you designed the latest model or something like that?” You begin to work at your plate of food as well.

"It was when I first got here.” She informs you with a mouthful of food. “I was part of a team.” She swallows. “Our job was only to investigate possible upgrades for the components, but within three months I had completely replaced their shameful design model and collaborated with outside teams to fully prepare all the other software aspects.”

You immediately stop eating. “Wouldn’t that have made you really rich?”

[1/2]
>>
>>44673297

Diana moves her mouth around slowly as if considering what to say next before finally smiling slightly. “It doesn’t work like that.” She politely explains. “Not to mention the fact that I was only an intern, and that all the work I did was unauthorized.” She idly scrapes at the side of her cake. “As soon as my advisor found out what I was doing they took away all my work, and they kicked me out of the program. A month later they unveiled the new model.” She shrugs and promptly returns to eating. “That’s how it goes.” She smiles with a few crumbs at the corner of her mouth.

The more she told you, the more you felt your chest tighten in reaction.

“You aren’t angry about that?” You lean forward, voice full of incredulity. “Not only did they screw you out of the reward, but they completely cut you off from all of your work. Then they had the fucking gull to toss you aside!”

She looks up at you, a little confused, and you suddenly notice that in some point in your questioning you had risen to your feet.

[2/3]*
>>
>>44673337
>gull
gall?
>>
>>44673375
Nope, like the bird. Damn it...
>>44673337

“I was more upset at the time.” She watches as you sit back down. “But time went on. Phil recommended me for the job I have now right after that, and there’s loads of people that know the truth, yourself included.”

Her words really took the wind out of your sails. “Still…” You stare down at your food.

“I loved working with frames since I was a kid, it’s was pretty much the only thing did, so what I’m doing now is way more preferable.” She leans down to catch your eyes. “Plus if you really cared, you shouldn’t have brought that outdated fire hazard in the first place.”

You can’t help but laugh with her. How much would a new Assistant set you back anyway?

“Enough about that.” She leans back. “Phil told me that you were from Pweeg.” She announces eagerly. “So what’s it like? I always pictured the outer planets to be rugged places with extreme nature completely surrounding you. A great place to test out a frame.”

Whenever you try to think of the place all you can picture is that enormous polluted slum you used to live in, or stench of tons of rotting fish that you had to endure nearly every day. Well, you know your thoughts on the place, but should you share them as they are?

“It’s Peugue, and rugged isn’t too far off.”

“It’s Peugue, and it's a shithole.”

>Write in.
>>
>>44673429
>“It’s Peugue, and it's a shithole.”
I'm assuming this was supposed to be a greentexted option
>>
>>44673429
>“It’s Peugue, and rugged isn’t too far off.”
>>
>>44673429
>>
>>44673514
Alright then. To be honest, my mind isn't all the way here tonight, so with extreme regret I will have to cancel the run for tonight.

To be even more honest, I will be considering whether I will still QM in the future. There are numerously many factors that I will have to consider, but this has been something on my mind for a few days now.

So, I am very sorry for any inconvenience my lack of forethought for tonight has caused any of you, and I understand if you are angry with me in any way. I'll remain in the thread for a short while to respond to any comments, so please feel free to post them if you wish.
>>
>>44673786
No worries, I'll miss the quest if you stop running but if you don't wanna write it then you probably shouldn't.
>>
>>44673786
I enjoy your quests Auri but don't run if your heart isn't in it. What's wrong if we anons may ask?
>>
>>44673890
Your kind words are very appreciated. It's also matter of whether or not I can run as easily as I do now (Not really that easily.) But, the change of circumstances that I'm going through certainly is making me evaluate just how much I'm getting out of QM'ing

>>44673965
Thank you very much for enjoying my quests! I never agreed with going into personal matters in great detail, but to put it simply, I have the opportunity to advance my career/studies in the near future, but only if I devote a sizable amount of time to it, even beyond what I'm doing currently. It's very vexing to say the least, because I do very much enjoy questing.
>>
>>44674064
Go for it, and let us know if you'll keep running. Anons have waited months for qms to come back after all.
>>
>>44674064
I would definitely prioritize that sort of thing over questing.
>>
>>44674093
>>44674148
I am planning on going for it, so I'll keep you guys informed about my availability. I'm not to withhold it from you, but it's going to be very unlikely that anything remotely consistent will happen in terms of running in the near future. As I'd much rather run on a steady(ish) schedule, it's very likely going to be months before that happens.

So, to all my readers, I can't thank you enough for allowing me to share the worlds/settings that I've been carrying with me for years. It's been immensely satisfying watching how all my readers decide to traverse through them.

If you decide that you no longer wish to follow me, then I don't blame you in the slightest. I'm glad that I had you around for as long as I did.

Regardless of that, I wish you all the best in everything that you do, and I earnestly, earnestly, hope that I get to run for you all again someday.

Thank you all so very much, and until next time!
>>
>>44674528
thx 4 runin budi

pls com bak
>>
>>44674064
Lurker here, As much as I enjoy your quests, you gotta take care of number 1 first. >>44674093 has a point though, so if you're not into it it's cool, but if you enjoy it but don't have time there's that.

Good luck man! This is a really interesting setting you've made, I've enjoyed reading!
>>
>>44673429

>>44673786
oh, that's okay.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.