[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
game finder general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11
File: game finder general.jpg (32 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
game finder general.jpg
32 KB, 500x434
game finder general

>GM or Player
>System
>Schedule/Timezone
>Contact Information
>Additional Info
>>
>>44666508

>player
>world of darkness (new or old is fine)
>any since im NEET, my timezone is GMT-8/PST tho
>staplerx300 on skype, [email protected]
>voice only
>>
> Player
> anything fun, fantasy, scifi.
> I am GMT-7 (MOUNTAIN TIME) I am looking for something to do either Friday nights or Saterday nights. The timing isn't an issue as long as it begins after my 5pm.
> Skype is Jambogorambo
> my schedule has opened up a little bit and I'm looking to get into a game on either of the above days. I am willing to learn any system or houser less you may have. though if I had a preference, I am really into did 5e, 3.5 and psthfinder. but athe this point I am happy you try something else for a change.
>>
>>44667138
wow, fucking tablet ate my post and shat out this trash
fix:
> my schedule has opened up a little bit and I'm looking to get into a game on either of the above days. I am willing to learn any system or houserules you may have. though if I had a preference, I am really unto D&D 5e, 3.5, and Pathfinder. But at this point I am happy to try something else for a change.
>>
>GM or Player
Both.
>System
I'm looking to play: oWoD, Exalted 3e, 40k RPGs, and others!
I can run: 40k RPGs, Savage Worlds, Night's Black Agents, and Exalted 3e.
>Schedule/Timezone
Very open availability.
>Contact Information
[email protected] or 'Questionable At Best' on Skype.
>Additional Info
I am looking to run alternating one on one text games with someone. We would take turns GMing different games, either every other week or on different days of the same week.
>>
File: 3452345235342.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
3452345235342.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>No games
>>
>>44666508
Are there any other good places to find games? These are always dead, Roll20 is full of terrible people, and Myth-weavers is "Hope you like 3.P".
>>
>>44668744
Nope, best approach is finding people and then just networking.
>>44666508
>tfw this general keeps crashing
>>
>>44668744

This poster >>44669167 is correct.

It doesn't matter where you start, you're gonna find out that almost every pool is not gonna be great unless you get lucky.

The key to building a good group is to network, network, network.

And then you can start being choosy once you have lots of like-minded folks to get in games with.

It's like any hobby, really. You have to build up a group of folks from somewhere.

This is why good GMs are so valuable.

A good GM who picks up a fresh newbie player gives them the benefit of their YEARS of experience, and prevents them from having bad experiences, thus improving the quality of the player pool immensely.
>>
>>44666508
player, but would be willing to do some light co-dm responsibilities like helping with fluff, worldbuilding, stat crunch, etc.
>Dark Heresy (1st edition, not up to date with 2nd yet)
>Weekends, eastern time zone
>Skype: xanaqi
>>
>New Player hoping to become GM once I get the game mechanics down pat.
>DnD 5e
>Schedule varies, but usually free 3-4 days in the week, eastern time
>skype: shaymin5000565 (I made it 8 years ago thats why the lame ass username)
>>
>>44669720
>is correct.
I try.
>A good GM who picks up a fresh newbie player gives them the benefit of their YEARS of experience, and prevents them from having bad experiences, thus improving the quality of the player pool immensely.
Huh, didn't even think of it like that, but you're right.
>>
>>44669720
I have not found new players to be worth the effort of making sure they have good first experiences. It doesn't end up making better players.

A good group takes tons of time spent weeding out the one or two decent players from a sea of shit, and a lot of luck in hoping they stick around.
>>
>>44670440

In the last two major campaigns I've run, I've had a single newbie player in each, and they've both turned out very well. One of them I don't really hang around with(the kinds of games we like are very different), but the other is now GMing a game I'm in, and he's amazing.

I'm not gonna say that new players aren't risky.

But if you're really selective about who you take on, more often than not, if the rest of the group is decent, you can give the guy a decent start into the hobby.

Nothing creates bad players more than bad groups. When you train people to expect shit, or fail to show them the breadth of the hobby, you get just another autist.
>>
What do you think of text games? New gm, never played online before, interested in playing Call of Cthulhu.
>>
>>44670597
I might consider a new player if it's in a group that I know is good and has been with me for a while. I would not take a new player when forming a new group.

>>44670710
That depends: Are you autistic, or do you feel the need to make long, drawn-out excuses for why you're too spastic and mentally unfit that you can't have a normal conversation with people? Then text games may be for you.
>>
>>44670710

I massively prefer text. But then, I'm a pretentious GM who far prefers soap opera type games with a sci-fi plot to actual coherent adventures.
>>
>>44670756
>>44670769
Well, I'm not a natively english speaker, but I don't have any problems with it because education, but I figured people would be annoyed at my accent
>>
>>44670808

It probably depends on how coherent you are.

In my text group, we often play games once a week or so when something fun's come out, and we aren't playing(we hang out a lot in chat).

There's one guy in my group with a REALLY SILLY ACCENT and we try not to make fun of him but it's really funny.
>>
>>44670835
Where did silly guy get his accent?
>>
>>44670710
>What do you think of text games?
Nothing wrong with them. Really down to personal preference how you prefer to play your game.

But since this is /tg/, be prepared for a bunch of holier than thou assholes shitting on you for not going with what they see as the only true way to have fun. Such as >>44670756
>>
>>44670886

Probably from being born in a foreign country.

I've played with people from every continent aside from Antarctica at one point or another.
>>
>>44670950
He wouldn't happen to be swedish would he? We're all pretty good at english but most people seem to think our accent is cancer.
>>
>>44670756
>>44670597
>>44670440

This is silly. You can tell if a new player is going to be worthwhile or not in about 30 seconds. Do they ask for some special snowflake bullshit? Do they spell you as "u?" This shit's obvious.

And a good new player will be far less of a drag on a group than a shitty experienced player. Everyone has questions about mechanics. A new player might have them more often. Big deal. All this "I won't accept new players" pretension only serves to hurt tabletop as a hobby and keep what would perfectly good players away from the game.
>>
>Trying GM for the first time, have 2-3 other players
>4.e probably
>Ask more, hard to explain
>Whisperstotoast on skype
>Voice only, right now experimenting with Google Drive and Tabletop Simulator
>>
>>44671470

In my experience, your average new player doesn't know the nuances of getting in character and actually PLAYING PRETEND.

They just want to smash some goblins, get some XP, and act like this is murderhobo diablo land, and they have no investment at all in creating a good story.

You're right though, it only takes a few minutes to figure out whether a new player is promising or not, though. Which is why I engage every prospective player I encounter in conversation.

I ask new players what kinds of stories they like, what experiences related to this they have, and then ask whether or not they will feel comfortable playacting a person in a story where they will occasionally slaughter orcs and collect treasure and XP.
>>
>GM or Player: GM
>System: Rogue Trader
>Schedule/Timezone: Monday 3pm-6:30 pm PST
>Contact Information https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2808392/recruitment-topics-here-only/?pageforid=2808392#post-2808392
>Additional Info
>>
File: Death Frost Doom Map.gif (812 KB, 1600x1057) Image search: [Google]
Death Frost Doom Map.gif
812 KB, 1600x1057
>GM or Player
Both?
>System
5e D&D
>Schedule/Timezone
Midday Sundays Australian Eastern/Fridays 6PM Pacific Standard Time
>Contact Information
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/34359/a-game-of-rotating-dms
>Additional Info
Rotating DM game in an almost completely blank setting. DMs can make up details as they see fit. As a DM feel free to run whatever modules, adventures, quests you want. Make em up if you want to. I've made some homerule changes to classes/races too. Biggest change is darkvision is not really a thing anymore.

Read the roll20 and make an application if you're interested.

Games will go for 5-6 hours. Can use either voice or text, depending on what everyone would prefer.
>>
>>44671716
>Fridays 6PM Pacific Standard Time
Sorry, that'd be Saturdays in Murrica, not Fridays.
>>
>>44670710
>What do you think of text games? New gm, never played online before, interested in playing Call of Cthulhu.
>Audio
Prefer as player.
>Text
Prefer as GM.
>In-person
Prefer as GM and player, but in my area you can get FUCKED if anything but D&D is brought up.
>>44670808
>Well, I'm not a natively english speaker, but I don't have any problems with it because education, but I figured people would be annoyed at my accent
Noone gives a fuck.
>>
>>44671716
You the guy from the last thread? I'm glad that it worked out for you.
>>
>>44672989
Uhh, I posted basically the exact same advert last thread yeah. Nothing beyond that though.
>>
File: 1444025651667.jpg (730 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1444025651667.jpg
730 KB, 1000x1000
>GM or Player
Both
>System
3.5 (Mainly), 4e, 5e.
>Schedule/Timezone
CST.
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Info
Tieflings are master race.
>>
File: semirelatedimage.png (258 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
semirelatedimage.png
258 KB, 500x375
>GM or Player
Player
>System
5e. I don't have a massive amount of experience, but I am more than familiar enough to play. I don't mind learning/working with other systems.
>Schedule/Timezone
Mountain Time.
All of Saturday. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after 17:00 or 5pm.
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Info
I'm looking to branch out from my current games, and get more invested in tabletops. I'm not completely inept when it comes to /tg/ games, but I only have a few games of experience, and still have a lot to learn so expect inexperience. I'm down for anything, am not the type to just drop out of game, and can usually get along with anyone. Will use Skype, Teamspeak, etc.
>>
File: wombmblosis.jpg (46 KB, 589x254) Image search: [Google]
wombmblosis.jpg
46 KB, 589x254
>>44666508
>>GM or Player
Player
>>System
I'd like to learn more systems. Played nWoD and oWoD,D&D 5.0 and some 4.0.
>>Schedule/Timezone
Mountain Time hour difference from CO.
Currently jobless and really bored. Only really missing an hour everyday to do my running.
>>Contact Information
>>Additional Info
I have a list of systems I'd like to play. I want to be able to share stories about them.
>>
File: wanderer.png (1 MB, 1164x1491) Image search: [Google]
wanderer.png
1 MB, 1164x1491
>GM or Player
GM

>System
Custom system, play by post.

>Schedule/Timezone
There's no set schedule so you don't have to worry about timezones.

>Contact Information
[email protected]

Tell me a little about yourself and what you want out of the game in your email and I'll see if you're a good fit.

>Additional Info
I'm running a campaign that's heavily about exploring a newly discovered continent full of strange new sights. You can play as a human, a bird person, a fish person, or a fairy person. Before discovering this new land all of civilization was crammed together in a series of island. Technology wise we're right up around the late 15th century, but nobody has discovered gunpowder.

In my setting if the supernatural exists nobody knows about it, so players wanting to be a wizard or something would probably have to play as a crazy person that calls lighting things on fire "casting a spell".
>>
>>44666508
>GM
>Mekton Zeta
>Any time post 5pm GMT on Saturdays
>Skype is tommy.middleton8, pic is the middle fingers
>Game is text, probably on Roll20, setting details will be supplied if you join, 3 spaces available max
>>
>GM
>Labyrinth Lord(D&D Basic pretty much with AD&D classes)
>Fridays and weekends in the evening 6 o clock for now. Hopefully we can get a real time going. EST
>[email protected]
>Skype and Roll20. Voice

I'm a beginner, so this would be my first campaign. I hope it works out well, and I hope I get lots of experience along of the way. Will answer questions
>>
File: 1449795853444.png (65 KB, 323x456) Image search: [Google]
1449795853444.png
65 KB, 323x456
>>44674241
>In my setting if the supernatural exists nobody knows about it, so players wanting to be a wizard or something would probably have to play as a crazy person that calls lighting things on fire "casting a spell".

You could just say 'Players won't know about the supernatural.' Instead of being a cunt about it. It's also probably a good idea to inform people if they'll have a chance at being able to make use of the supernatural by themselves further into the game. As this further gives people an idea what to expect.
>>
>>44675972
You're right, I did sound like a bit of a cunt. It's hard to say "I don't like it when magic has stats" in just about any way without making it sound like a weirdo with a personal vendetta.
>>
>>44676083
>I did sound like a bit of a cunt.
Massive understatment right there.

You're purposefully making players expect the worst by behaving this passive aggressive. At best, I'd be expecting a situation where magic is GM fiat to be played for shock. At worst I'd be expecting it to be used to meme on players because grit.
>>
>>44674760
>setting details will be supplied if you join
"I'm running a mech game" is about as vague as "I'm running a fantasy game." You gotta give a bit more detail than just that.
>>
>>44676174
Fine. Setting is basically if the Adeptus Mechanicus found Gunmen from Gurren Lagann, developed Spiral Power and then took over the Imperium, except the Imperium wasn't that grimdark, the Mechanicus wasn't a part of it and there's more giant robots. Players are starting out near a big mecha combat tournament on a shitty backwater planet containing a few relatively nice cities and a whole lot of Fury-Road-but-with-giant-robots-esque wasteland which people enter to be let into the aforementioned cities from the aforementioned wasteland.
>>
>>44675972
>>44676121

Coming out of the woodwork here. Maratus is a terrible GM who basically doesn't want players to know anything about his settings OR EVEN THE MECHANICS, because it might compromise his artistic vision of the ideas he's too half-baked to complete.

Stay away.
>>
File: 1449444780684.jpg (34 KB, 524x617) Image search: [Google]
1449444780684.jpg
34 KB, 524x617
>>44673278
>[email protected]
Sent you an ermail.
>>
>>44676249

>Super Robots
>Using Mekton: Autism Edition instead of based Battle Century G
>>
>>44676294
This man is correct in his assessment of the superior system.

>>44676273
That's easy to tell from the tone of the post. But even shitty GMs deserve a chance to get some constructive criticism. Getting called out in public (even if it's on an anonymous imageboard) might spark the guy to at least realize some of his faults.
>>
File: 1vdcLiX.jpg (31 KB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
1vdcLiX.jpg
31 KB, 400x332
>GM or Player
Player
>System
Up for anything but mostly interested in Shadowrun, and 40K system or Star Wars
>Schedule/Timezone
GMT +10. Available weekends and fridays
>Contact Information
thatheresyguy for skype
>Additional Info
I'm relatively new to rpgs but willing to learn. Also have read the rule books for stuff like Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Black Crusade and Shadowrun.
>>
Oh god someone please run an Only War game. I've been dying to play Only War since it came out.
>>
>>44677258
no
>>
>>44677258

No thanks. Only DH game I'm interested anymore is Deathwatch.
>>
>>GM
>>Traveller 2300AD (Mongoose)

Tuesday evenings, the whole group so far is in GMT-7 (Mountain)
>>m.cobbe on skype.
>>Game will be played over voice,
>>playing down the space opera elements of 2300AD in favour of a "harder" Sci-fi tone.
>>
>>44679234
>Game will be played over voice,

Fuck.

Why do people prefer voice when they play over the internet?
I'm not looking to start an argument, just legitimately looking for reasons why someone as a GM would rather do voice than text.
>>
>>44666508
> GM
> Only War
> EST, Thursdays/fridays
> hellfire583 on skype
> This is an Only War campaign that is set to take place during the Great Crusade, so you'll have to talk things out with me during character creation. It will also take place over Roll20

>>44677258
You're in luck.
>>
>>44679365
Most common reason I've seen is "it's faster," although it can depend on how fast your group types or how prone to digression they are in conversation.

When you're in a text game and three turns of combat takes an hour, you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>44679426
Text or voice?
>>
>>44679426
>Only War during the Great Crusade
Wouldn't this be more appropriate for Deathwatch?
>>
>>44679466
I'm willing to accomodate either one. You can speak if you'd like, or use text.
>>
>>44679480
What's not to like about securing your future as a name and glory written in gold leafing, upon the marbled walls of humanities finest ships? You get to walk amongst distant stars, kill filthy xenos, and get involved in world changing plots.

Also meet a lot of people who claim their planet is called Terra, and that theirs is the true god emperor.
>>
>>44679365
I find I get more done in the same time over voice. Sessions flow more naturally, it's easier to gauge player engagement so that I can kick up the action if people are getting bored. I totally get that it makes some people uncomfortable, it's something I had to overcome myself, but I find that the games run so much better over a voice client that it's totally worth it.
>>
>>44679365
I prefer both. Voice for OOC, text for IC. The mechanical aspect of things gets done really fast and you can very quickly tell people minor details. Plus you don't need to switch chats for IC/OOC, or have it confusing with both of them in the same space. Then there's just the added benefit of laughing with your bros and having fun.

The text half of it is purely just preference. Some people can get into character easier through typing and whatnot which seems to be the case in my own group. I find that without having the mechanical side of things slowing text down, it actually works really well for the RP aspects of the game.
>>
>>44679632
It's not only the discomfort with it for me.
I live in europe, and while i'm okay with staying up late (see: now) talking isn't really possible.
>>
>GM or Player
GM
>System
Eclipse Phase universe run using FATE
>Schedule/Timezone
Play-by-post so doesnt matter
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Info
This is a one on one game based mostly on RP, investigation and maybe some infiltrations. Of course, since its one on one, it can be tailored to fit better with what we want to play.

Could also be set in real life rather than eclipse phase (some kind of James Bondish type deal, no preset historical period)

Drop me an email if you're interested.
>>
>>44679808
Bad internet? : (
>>
>>44674760
Sent you a message on skype.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.