[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of adventurer was your father /tg/? Will you follow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: father.png (513 KB, 682x385) Image search: [Google]
father.png
513 KB, 682x385
What kind of adventurer was your father /tg/? Will you follow in his footsteps?
>>
>>44606327
>What kind of adventurer was your father /tg/?

>born in Seattle to a WW2 Navy firefighter.
>Lived in Japan on a Navy base as a kid in the 1950s.
>Joined the Merchant Marines fresh out of high school during the Vietnam War. Ran 500-lb bombs to Korea and broken hardware back to the States.
>came back to the States, became a cop.
>After that, became a long-haul trucker until he met my mom.
>Became a cattle rancher in North Dakota, had me, got back into trucking working for the National Park Service

Fuck that noise, I'd rather not be pissed off about how shitty my work is every day.
>>
>>44606412
I was talking about your current character in whatever roleplaying game your are playing.
>>
>>44606327

No.

He's a nice guy, owns his own business. Does well for himself. No luck on the marriage front - three divorces. Grounded, sober, pretty kind to most people.

I am none of those things. I would not do well walking in his shoes.
>>
>>44606473
I'm not actually linking to your post.
>>
From stories I've heard he was a thuggish street kid at an early age till he met my mom, /ss/ happened and then his act cleaned up. Mostly since then he's just done programming work.
>>
>>44606327
>Mechanical ingineer
>Fought in the war in Bosnia to defend against snackbars and Serbs
>When out of ammo after sniping started to ambush them with grenades and traps made with the grenades.
>Dug him self in into the mud when the enemy started using flame-throwers to survive
>Hiked half across Bosnia to the Croatian border when all was lost and the snackbars slaughtered most of the native population
>Went straight to get papers to go and work in Germany legally when we lost everything and i was just born.
>Bought a small house in Croatia and ensured that we were fed and educated by working his ass of as a construction worker.
>Now he's 55, a bit of an angry man, chain smoker and has two 20 yo ''kids'' who still live at home thanks to not being able to find permanent employment within Croatia

He made the best out of the situation we had.

So for him i guess Lawful Neutral Artificer Ranger 3 would fit the most.
>>
>>44606327
father was an army mechanic turned pmc, got captured in colombia for a while.
>>
>>44606473
>plowed through countless other tribes for dominance
>raped enough women to mean there's half siblings enough to fill a village
>raided his home into the disease ridden slums it is now
>more wives than he can remember, and that's only the living ones
>abused his diety's power until the day said diety personally smited him in his dreams.
yeah I don't think my paladin thinks this guy is much a role model.
>>
>>44606412
Your father is a badass
>>
>>44606327
>not present
My character and I have a lot in common.
>>
>>44606327
>officer in the army
>character is a paladin
I guess? They're both martially focussed fighters for their core belief. Father basically sent him to paladin camp to learn combat and reading so he could decide what to do with his life. And also ensure he got honor drummed into him. Seems to have worked.
Character probably won't join an army though, he's all about doing good.
>>
>>44613223
>Paladin
>opposed to military violence
wat
>>
>>44613371

Well you don't need to join some army, you're a paladin. You make your own.
>>
>>44606327
The kind who was never home, aka the adventuring kind.
>>
>>44606327
Think Big boss crossed with the boss from Office Space
>>
>>44606327
>Parents died when he was little
>Travelled across the land at a young age
>Stuck in a shit job due to four kids who are all complete dissapointments

Uh... no thanks.
>>
He had the unusual ability of controlling the world from the comfort of his bed in a quaint town. Two loyal servants to attend to most of his needs.

When old age was ready to claim him, he told my brother and me that neither of us needed to inherit the network he had formed; his contacts are already prepared for the empty throne after 24 hours pass. It was like smoking; use it even once and the breakaway will be much harder.

We concluded that the network should die with its creator. After all, we had our own ones to maintain now.
>>
>>44613371
In a military you do your leader's commands. They might be good, they might be bad. You also have to balance a whole lot of other shit you're doing like guarding. Plus you may end up in a war against another nation which is basically just more peple like you.

Being a wandering paladin means doing good.
Character isn't opposed to violence or the military, definitely not. Hell, paladins are divine fighters. But to him paladin>soldier
>>
File: 485px-Józef_Bem_111.jpg (57 KB, 485x600) Image search: [Google]
485px-Józef_Bem_111.jpg
57 KB, 485x600
>>44606327

Was?

>Half elf ranger.
>Raised by father and mother with tales of grand adventure, sorcery and dragons.
>MANY close calls, but never dies.
>retires from adventuring after one of these close calls.
>becomes leader of the Patrician's armed forces.
>guards become not only proficient in combat, but incredibly cunning and skilled under the guidance and teaching of a long-lived dugeoneer and adventurer.
>guards can't easily be bribed or tricked, and a single patrol can easily deal with rumored roving bandits or goblin camps.
>entire region becomes stable and peaceful.
>Not a dungeon or dark wizards tower for miles.
>City and nearby towns become rich from the plunder procured by the guards.
>there's absolutely no need for any adventurers.
>Entire economy is NOT based around min-maxing an adventurer's stats.
>Everyone is safe and alive. No dead parents.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.