[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you ussually use goblins?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: 11-5-goblin.jpg (74 KB, 978x1600) Image search: [Google]
11-5-goblin.jpg
74 KB, 978x1600
How do you ussually use goblins?
>>
>>38263984
Eviscerated and splattered against the walls.

Our DM really hates goblins for some reason, and our BBEG is a particularly brutal necromancer.
>>
Playful gullible minions for all sides of the good-evil spectrum. They're not evil in the way orcs are.

Just very greedy, cowardly, but also childishly naive. Depending on who they work for and where they live they can be hygienic, well mannered, cookie bakers or the nasty cutthroat henchmen in the dungeons adventurers crawl in.
>>
Brothels. I've seen too much shorstack, goblins have been irreparably harmed in my mind.

I need to watch myself before I start including the males in that.
>>
>>38263984
Sex toys.
>>
Cock sleeves or dragon dildos, depending on their gender.
>>
File: 1420251610748.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1420251610748.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>38264091
>>38264131
>>38264143
So what races do you guys use when you don't want to fap?
>>
>>38264160
Doesn't apply.
>>
>>38263984
I play up their douchebaggery for laughs
>>
>>38264160
Humans.
>>
Merchants, landlords, farmers, priests and occasionally adventurers. Although generally they're just seen as shitty hillbilly hobgoblins, which is not entirely unaccurate.
>>
Goblins: Tricky little shitters that originate from the fae realm. They have vulgar names like Footfucker and Dipshit and are mostly annoying assholes, they're opportunistic but not outright evil, but they will probably shank you if they think they can get away with it. Their features vary wildly from individual to individual, some might have hammerheads, bright red skin, antlers, etc. They worship the dungeons they inhabit as gods, though only the really fanatic ones will bother to protect it or try to get other goblins to.

In the campaign the players have encountered a few groups of shanky goblins, and one called Footfucker who has helped them navigate the old buried city that was turned into a sewer system (sort of like what almost happened to parts of Rome).

Hobgoblins: They have a similar origin to the little dudes. They're bigger and pretty much the opposite of goblins except for the shanking part, though they generally have a better reason for wanting to do it. They like fighting, and most of them look pretty much the same: stocky, big ears, and lost of teeth. Their skin goes from blue to purple to red as they age.

They're actually pretty rare in the campaign and much more dangerous than an experienced human warrior, when they get wounded they grow extra bits that make them more killy (extra arms, horns, huge mouth, claws, scorpion tail, kangaroo legs, whatever). The players know of exactly two, one leads a mostly human mercenary company that they've had dealings with, and the other led a group of bandits they exterminated early in the campaign.

In case you're wondering, in this setting orcs were the creations of a blood sorcerer, but otherwise they're pretty much the orcs from the Orc Stain comics and they live far away. Bugbears are nightmare shadowbeast things.
>>
>>38263984
Mostly cannon fodder, although blowing their heads off makes them berserk and charge you.

Hobgoblins are similar, although they specialize in long range precision.

Both types can teleport. Individually for short distances, or damn near infinite for large groups together.
>>
>>38263984
COC changed my opinion about goblins, and in a good way.
>>
They're fairy like creatures, except they're made from selfish wishes and desires than noble ones.

They're gross looking and mean, but too petty to be malevolent. Their greed can make them helpful, and they're too dumb ro backstab the people they work for, except opportunistically.
>>
Amusingly ineffectual allies for their Hobgoblin cousins, the Fascist Italy to Hobgoblins' Third Reich.
>>
>>38264091
but mixed gender brothels are best brothels anon
>>
Quick question that doesn't need a thread:
Was it D&D that decided goblins are green and hobgoblins are orange, or was it Spider-Man?
>>
With my dick.
>>
File: Hobgoblin10.jpg (288 KB, 1124x967) Image search: [Google]
Hobgoblin10.jpg
288 KB, 1124x967
>>38264627
Probably Spider-Man, now that you mention it
>>
>>38264600
If I put femmy goblin traps and well-endowed goblin studs in the brothels, I'll have gone over the deep end. There needs to be a line.
>>
little funny dudes who don't have any sense of self-preservation.

They can be crafty and sneaky, but usually stupid and brutal. Our players don't buy into the whole "this race is inherently evil and monstrous" bit and expect some sort of almost believable society or place in society unless demons.

A lot of my monsters are the results of demons.
>>
For my setting i use a world where humans are constantly being summoned from another normal world in to a cliche fantasy setting. Some of the humans born in this new world were affected by magic in various ways and thus various humanoid races came to be (i.e. humans that had a deep bond to nature magics ended up having elven offspring, humans that were exposed to corrupt magic ended up having gobbos-who grow up within 2 days and orc kids). After some time the magic stopped having an effect on the human population which stabilized and along with elves and dwarves built various civilizations.
>>
File: holdontothatballfordearlife.jpg (244 KB, 542x494) Image search: [Google]
holdontothatballfordearlife.jpg
244 KB, 542x494
>>38263984
>>
Goblins start tiny and can get huge given enough edible food, their nascent form is a blight/festerling, basically a goblin the size of a frog that squirms out the side of a brood mother, they go on to infest whatever food they can, coating it with digestive sections before becoming imps that are these adorable anklebiters that imprint on the first sentience that didn't try to kill them and learn real fast, they mature into goblins, than Orcs, hobgoblins/bugbears depending on their inclinations, later ogres/ogre mages and maybe giants if they live long enough, like one in ten million. Feral goblins that couldn't form relationships as imps end up as bitter trolls, their acidic sections returning and a great hunger falling over them.
>>
File: goblin bats.jpg (662 KB, 1532x1872) Image search: [Google]
goblin bats.jpg
662 KB, 1532x1872
>>38263984
Farmer/Artisan/Spy/Assassin Caste members of a Vedic Society. They also look like this.
>>
File: Goblin grenade.jpg (76 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Goblin grenade.jpg
76 KB, 312x445
Le funny dumb green monkeys xDD
>>
File: 1357184201042.jpg (120 KB, 400x566) Image search: [Google]
1357184201042.jpg
120 KB, 400x566
>>38263984
Yeah I do. Like...

J A P A N E S E G O B U U R I N S !
>>
File: Goblin cootie.png (1 MB, 802x1060) Image search: [Google]
Goblin cootie.png
1 MB, 802x1060
>>38264091
I'm sure it's nothing serious anon.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.