[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: deviant-art-m8-hero_1024.jpg (186 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
deviant-art-m8-hero_1024.jpg
186 KB, 1024x768
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Images on My Phone edition

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd

Previous Thread: >>44619382
>>
File: 490467-bigthumbnail.jpg (79 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
490467-bigthumbnail.jpg
79 KB, 450x360
>>44632482
How's your campaign looking like, more fantasy or more sci-fi?
>Not running alien arabian nights
>>
File: Endeca.jpg (72 KB, 505x799) Image search: [Google]
Endeca.jpg
72 KB, 505x799
As promised, reposting from previous thread.

You've asked for it, now it's here - we've started a Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/dreamscarred?ty=h

We're showing this to you guys first, before we fire it live at other locations. Partially this is a gratitude thing; /pfg/ has been very good to us. You've tested our stuff with enthusiasm, offered critical feedback, helped save Chris's ass in a time of need, and continue to be both critical and supportive. We appreciate that more than you know, especially considering that, honestly, we sorta expected to be laughed out of here ages ago.

We're /also/ using this as a chance to learn more about our customer bases. As we've branched into new forums and made our PR attempts more aggressive we've sorta lost track of the numbers of customers and readers in various non-Paizo locations. This isn't part of the pitch, I just figured I should be on the level with you guys.

Everything's laid out in the Patreon. It'll be updated as new supplements come out or coalesce into being near enough to done to announce. It should be noted that the payments are a per-supplement model, not a per-month model; we're all aware of our Layout Hell problems.

My thanks, from the bottom of my heart, to all of you for the help and support you've given us thus far, especially in making our projects better. We do this for love; it just takes money to actually publish.

We'll be fielding questions starting /now/, though I need to note that I personally will likely be gone for two days (tomorrow and Saturday) for oral surgery and recovery.
>>
>>44632551
Fantasy, because why the fuck would you try and force Pathfinder to be sci-fi? Sci-fantasy maybe, but sci-fi?
>>
>>44632551
My campaign is a mix between an Eberron-style magepunk setting and a science fantasy robot war setting. The latter one was retconned out of reality by a superweapon, and is slowly poking its way back into reality.
>>
>>44632482
Fifth for marrying a Cryptic!
>>
Reminder

>>44632230
>>Bane is disproportionately strong
>You mean that it's still a +1, and really isn't all that disproportional to anything?
>being this fucking stupid
If you're really this stupid, you should just die. A +1 equivalent that you can use as a flexible +2 enhancement bonus with your suggestion and +2d6 damage on top is objectively superior to +1 enhancement and any other +1 equivalent.
>>
>>44632551
>bigthumbnail
>>
>>44632570
Because the Pathfinder system is very flexible and can allow for a large range of settings for play. You don't even force anything, the official material has dozens of listings for ayys and lmaos and planets and shit that you can use.
>>
>>44632551
Going to be playing Wrath of the Righteous tomorrow as a paladin, so pretty fucking fantasy. Also kept insisting I stick with a longsword for some reason. Any viable way to use a longsword and shield or just a regular longsword, then?
>>
Anyone figure out how to convert GP to Wealth checks?
>>
File: Bane-from-The-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg (87 KB, 1000x613) Image search: [Google]
Bane-from-The-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg
87 KB, 1000x613
>>44632601
>Bane is disporportionalty strong
>>
>>44632616
For Large and Powerful Build viewers it's a thumbnail. It's a wallpaper for Tiny viewers or those kobolds with the Sleight Build feature.
>>
>>44632676
Grasp the longsword with two hands and Power Attack?
>>
File: 1432485367111.gif (178 KB, 428x427) Image search: [Google]
1432485367111.gif
178 KB, 428x427
>>44632662
>Because the Pathfinder system is very flexible and can allow for a large range of settings for play.
No it isn't, the fuck are you talking about? Pathfinder plays one thing, pathfinder. Paizo has created a sci-fantasy setting and it's the only thing pathfinder fucking supports.

Pathfinder can not do sci-fi satisfactory. It can't even do guns well. It can't do mystery, horror, or anything but Pathfinder fantasy.
>>
>>44632230
>You mean that it's still a +1, and really isn't all that disproportional to anything?
Making your weapon Bane against every creature you fight is equivalent to at least +32 worth of bonuses, and even then it won't work on things with obscure subtypes.
>>
>>44632734
Rather, it can but you have to fiddle so much you may as well play something else.
>>
>>44632734
>posting smug anime .gifs
>no actual evidence to support assertions
Opinion disregarded.
>>
>>44632676
It's sad but there are generally more ways to benefit from wielding a weapon in one hand and nothing in the other than having a shield.
>>
>>44632563
Where is the "Psychic that can eat the minds of other Psychics and steal their powers" in that listing
>>
>>44632551
Sci-fi.

Magic is used to attain the sci fi feel.
>>
>>44632719
That's what it's looking like so far. Shame I can't pull off a sword and board paladin because of their lack of feats.
>>44632815
What would some of those be? I'm browsing the Weapon Master's Handbook to see if there's anything worth using in there.
>>
>>44632824
Psychic magic isn't DSP. Psionics, however, has Fusion and Assimilate. Mythic versions too.
>>
>>44632551
>>44632734
Depends on what definitions of sci-fi and fantasy you're using. They were originally meant to be types of stories, but at some point they got diluted to "set in space" and "set in Medieval Europe with wizards and monsters".

By the original definition Star Wars is fantasy, Lord of the Rings is sci-fi, and Pathfinder's mechanics make it inherently fantasy regardless of setting.
>>
>>44632824
You'd want to bug Forrest about that probably. He's the guy doing DSP's occult stuff according to the Paizo boards.
>>
>>44632824
That would be a wizard who loots spellbooks, in a setting where wizards are fluffed as psychic.
>>
>>44632922
This is, by the way, the same process that caused steampunk to forget about the "punk" part. Steampunk originally meant "if technological development took a different path around Victorian times then how would this impact the relationship between the better-offs and the lower classes" and turned into "everyone wears gears on their hats".
>>
File: PZO9465.jpg (223 KB, 770x1000) Image search: [Google]
PZO9465.jpg
223 KB, 770x1000
>wizard_sprays_sticky_white_fluid_on_large_woman.jpg
So this is the new thing that's coming out this month. Any thoughts on it? It's more caster shit but that annointing thing for Alchemists sounds interesting, like infusions for objects.
>>
>>44633514
Could be alright. Shame it's the only decent thing coming this month.
>>
Man, I can't believe Roll20's library of tokens doesn't have any dildos in it. How am I suppose to decorate this Thassilonian dungeon?
>>
>>44633514
That fluid is very clearly green. He should get that checked out.

But anyway, this is the first I've seen of or heard of that book, so I have no opinions yet. Obviously it's more caster stuff, but I have no idea what kind of caster stuff. The iconic magus on the cover makes me hope there's some cool new stuff for my favorite class in there, though.
>>
>>44632563
If an Augmented Blade augments a weapon with the fragile quality, does it lose the fragile quality due to the weapon then being magical?
>>
>>44633739
How is fragile an augment?
>>
File: 2hu Aya wants to know more.jpg (19 KB, 282x322) Image search: [Google]
2hu Aya wants to know more.jpg
19 KB, 282x322
>>44633514
>Caster book
It's shi-
>Stuff for alchemist
You have my attention.

There better be shit for the Promethean Alchemist in there.
>>
>BEAT THE CLOCK
>When you initiate this counter, you can immediately take a standard action, as if you had readied an action.
>You cannot gain more than one standard action per round this way.
Wait, I'm confused. Does that mean you can't use this if you've already taken a standard action this round?
>>
>>44633821
>This way

You can't use a Warder's extended defense ability to get infinite actions.
>>
>>44633821
No.
You can't GAIN more than one. with that.

So if you had, say, infinite counters for this turn, you couldn't just trigger a standard action off every damn event.
>>
>>44633714
>If knowledge is power, then the eldritch secrets presented in Pathfinder Player Companion: Arcane Anthology represent significant sources of potential might! From magus and wizard spellbooks to alchemist formula books to mystical options for bards, bloodragers, sorcerers, and witches, this volume presents tomes of spells and uncanny knowledge written and recorded by Golarion's mightiest arcane casters. In addition to new spells and secrets of spell preparation found in spellbooks such as the collected Analects of Aroden, the Wisdom of Jatembe, and the Runes of Wealth, this Player Companion also includes archetypes, feats, and character options for PCs of nearly every character class. Inside this book, you'll find:

>Rules for copying preparation rituals into new spellbooks, and ways for every spellcaster to use such rituals through prayer books and meditation books.
>Archetypes for spellcasting traditions inspired by the fallen god Aroden, the legendary Old-Mage Jatembe, and a nearly forgotten runelord of greed.
>Dozens of spells, ranging from handy low-level options such as expeditious construction and heckle to the powerful 9th-level mass Last Azlanti's defending sword.
>New traits and character options, including alchemist discoveries known as anointings that transmute the inherent properties of any weapon or suit of armor.
>New feats, including some inspired by the Ten Magic Warriors of Mwangi legend that allow characters to bond with ritual masks to hide their names and identities and enhance their spells' power.
>>
>>44633842
>>44633857
Oh, I guess that makes sense. Wording seems weird though.
>>
>>44633867
>runelord of greed
>objectively worst runelord
Fuck off Karzoug, give us someone actually interesting.
>>
>>44633867
Will the Aroden archetype let us make cool swords?
>>
>>44633941
If he's "nearly forgotten" that it's probably not Karzoug. Everyone knows Karzoug.
>>
>>44633811
m-maybe a caster book can have stuff that gives caster power to martials
>>
>>44633867
>karzoug
>nearly forgotten
lolwut
>>
>>44633867
Sounds kinda nifty, I guess. As long as the magus spell list can get some cool new spells preferably unique spells other classes don't get but that's a pipe dream, I'll be okay with this. Not that other books besides MORE MAGIC FOR THE MAGES wouldn't have been good too, but I mean... If they're going to keep catering to casters, I like them to cater to my favorite casters.
>>
>>44633514
Paizo making up for the weapon master's handbook eh?
>>
>>44633963
>>44633984
>Everyone knows Karzoug
Not in-setting they don't, lads. And even then I'm still more interested in an established runelord. Like Xanderghul or Belimarius.

>>44633999
There's still armor master's handbook to look forward to.
>>
>>44633999
Don't worry, in April we're getting the Armor Master's Handbook.
>>
>>44634011
Or Sorshen.
>>
>>44633999
Nice full house
And looks like it. Hopefully they forget about caster supremacy long enough for Armor Master's Handbook in April to be just as good as WMH
>>
>>44634030
Only if she gets art that actually fits her description.
>>
I can't wait for the Armor Master's Handbook. If it's as good as the Weapon Masters I may actually stop taking mutation warrior and see how interesting armor training can get.
>>
>>44634060
An overweight proud transwomyn of color who don't need no martial?
>>
>>44634106
Fuck off somewhere your crybaby rhetoric is actually relevant.
>>
>>44634106
wat
>>
>>44634011
>>44634038
I'm hoping for ways to craft improved versions of armor that grant different (nonmagical) bonuses based on their type
>Chain-type armor grants DR/slashing
>Plate-type armor grants "bulletproof", letting its AC bonus apply against touch attacks (except Brilliant Energy and incorporeal touch)
>Padded/leather/hide armor doesn't count as armor for determining which class features you can use
>>
>>44634214
Er, meant to post DR/piercing
>>
>>44634106
How do you manage to be such a faggot that you immediately think of fat SJWs when attractive women are mentioned?
>>
File: 1410516293739.jpg (94 KB, 830x900) Image search: [Google]
1410516293739.jpg
94 KB, 830x900
Is there an easy way to improve a bow's threat range without spells or feats?
>>
>>44634106
Jeez what hyperbole.
Besides, we already know what she looks like. Heck, if you're (un)lucky enough in a certain AP, you can look like her too
>>
>>44634131
Take a chill pill, Jill. It was a joke. An actual joke, not meant to be taken seriously or anything.

It's like the guy who blames the gay agenda, when he's obvious not blaming the gay agenda.
>>
>>44634288
Carrion Crown, right?
>>
>>44634288
Yeah, but the art isn't really good enough for how much she's talked up/what a runelord of lust can do. She's hot, but in a world with Seonis and Gretas and blind oracle iconics, she's pretty much average.

>>44634342
Shattered Star.
>>
>>44632482
The keen enhancement might do the trick. Also try looking into steelforge as they might have something in there to do the trick.
>>
>>44634360
Bows can't be keen.
>>
>>44634282
Bracers of Falcon's Aim.
>>
>>44634214
That wouldn't change the game much. I'd hope for armor that replicates an Incarnum or Binder feel, granting actual utility and versatility to the heavy-armor classes.

A class having big armor proficiencies right now (and STILL with your suggested upgrades) only means one thing: a free feature any Archetype can remove, pretend is a trade for a new ability, and will not actually be missed at all by anyone.
>>
>>44634356
Right, because you can download into her clone if you die. Wasn't there a way to do it in Carrion Crown, too, coulda swore whats-her-name's ritual involved becoming Sorshen or something.
>>
File: Kyoukai Senjou Horizon.jpg (408 KB, 3078x679) Image search: [Google]
Kyoukai Senjou Horizon.jpg
408 KB, 3078x679
>>44632551
>implying my setting isn't based off the far future where an apocalyptic event ruined much of technology, and what remained of old technology is still so highly advanced and still very indistinguishable from magic.
>>
>>44634414
Are you thinking of Curse of the Crimson Throne with Queen Ileosa trying to become Sorshen 2: Electric Boogaloo by eating everyone?
>>
>>44634214
Restrict bulletproof to ranged touch attacks and fluff it as "your plate is angled to deflect projectiles" and I could almost see this happening.
>>
>>44634456
Yes! That's the one.

How in the fuck did I get those mixed up.
>>
>>44634473
Well Crimson Throne had an important artifact that was a crown linked to an undead, so I can see how you would make that mistake.
The name is also kind of misleading because the "curse of the Crimson Throne" is actually pretty much totally irrelevant to the story.
>>
>>44634509
Guys, is it wrong that I have 5/8 members of my group thinking I'll be playing a Half Elf when I'm actually playing a Half-Giant? They just think she's really, really tall at this point, except for the GM and my chief broseph.
>>
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
Tell me about your campaign setting?
>>
>>44634664
>forgetting the spoilers
Shame.
>>
File: 1440297838355.jpg (94 KB, 677x631) Image search: [Google]
1440297838355.jpg
94 KB, 677x631
>>44634664
Never NEARLY as cool as any image that accompanies a post about campaign settings.
>>
Is Knife Master worth the loss of the trap finding shit?
>>
>>44634731
Depends. Does your GM like traps?
>>
>>44634748
No idea. Assume an average GM using average amount of traps.
>>
>>44634664
2000 words on drow and I'm not even finished.
>>
>>44634731
Yes. Most traps are negligible, and merely require a bit more healing or status restoration. If you really want it's also a single trait.
>>
>>44634664
Ok, this would get me into a lot of lore stuff for my setting. I created a new subtype of outsider. Essentially they are neutral outsiders semi-native to everywhere. They embody concepts and are born from the minds of things beings. This means they exist for fucking EVERYTHING, ranging from emotions (love/hate/sadness), nations, objects, ideas, species, and more.

Some of the first to exist was Life and Death, as they began during the creation of the ordered universe. Life and Death both however were killed fairly recently, just over twelve hundred years ago. They were killed by mortals while making an attempt to make contact with these outsiders. The contact elevated several men to godhood and ended up draining both Life and Death to nothing.

Now that they were gone life and death as concepts began to unravel. Resurrection magic became possible, and Necromancy as a concept was invented by a brilliant mind who found out about the whole affair (was the apprentice of one of the men elevated to godhood).

Undead occur naturally, meaning the dead will simply rise on occasion. This occurs in cycles as energies build up. These undead are neutral, they eat their fill then slumber then eat again. They stay in a place and repeat tasks (sometimes seemingly for no reason, sometimes things they did while alive).

The Melneer is an order that arose during the fall of The Garden (long story, it's complicated), and they have a lot of international treaties and rights that allow them to protect the world from the undead. They can demand military support, go into a town and demand money/resources/conscripts, and more.
>>
File: 1452066681782.jpg (423 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1452066681782.jpg
423 KB, 1680x1050
>>44634664
I'm going to kill my players as soon as they hit level 5 in a fight that they cannot win nor escape from.

And then, they shall awaken in a grand hall amongst warriors from different lands.
And at the foot of this grand hall, a one-eyed warrior in gold armor declares upon everyone in a loud, booming voice that echoes throughout the halls "Welcome, brave noble heroes... to Valhalla!"

It will dawn upon my players that they shall become heroes who shall stop the coming of Ragnarok
>>
>>44634787
Alright. Are there any other rogue archetypes that are particularly good? Something I should be looking at other then Knife Master?
>>
>>44634828
Scout?
>>
>>44634828
Unchained rogue, right? Scout is popular, sapper is also good combined with thug and some intimidate shit, but not applicable for knives, and Hidden Blade grants initiating. Carnivalist is unique in that it can get a familiar with sneak attack, but it's not particularly great.
>>
File: newaslackby.png (117 KB, 377x314) Image search: [Google]
newaslackby.png
117 KB, 377x314
>>44632551
Kinda Victorian.

>General Setting Info
Takes place in a homebrew Metropolis called New Aslackby in Andoran on the Missa Shelf between Lavieton and Cyremium
The Goblinblood War just ended and a new revolution began in Galt leading to an influx of refugees
Border tensions have risen with Cheliax as Queen Illeosa came to power

>New Aslackby
Architecturally, the city took a very cramped/Victorian depiction - rather than expand outwards, it went up
There is a functional manmade dock towards the bottom of the Missa Shelf and a pulley system/stairs for transporting individuals/goods up to the city
In short the city is a cramped port town that is tiered in a sense
Industrialization is starting to take way so its very much 1840s America in technology and attitude
There is a high criminal population and around 40 known gangs ranging from various styles such as Italian mafia, Bratva, prison gang etc.
Likewise there is a lot of government influence in citizen lives via passing anti-divination laws and a recent law has been brought to the table requiring those with magic to register (this of course has lead to protests and riots)
Its a predominantly Human town with the next two highest demographics being Halflings and Dwarves
There is a LOT of racism - ranging from off colour remarks or businesses refusing to hire say Half-Orcs to hate crimes or police abuse

The GM basically said create characters and plop them down. Its pretty free roam.
>>
File: Victor.png (108 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Victor.png
108 KB, 256x256
>>44634664
Kay, there's like this big Empire, and it's China playing dressup as Europe. The ruler alternates between Empress and Emperor depending on their sex, and they either end up as MILFs or Manly Old Dudes when they're at the height of their rule.

Current Empress is approaching her centennial, has 11 children and 50 odd grandkids because she doesn't want her dynasty to end because there wasn't an heir. Her favorite grandson is her named successor, ratified by parliament (who holds the real power anyways).

Setting is psuedo modern, with skyscrapers being a new but slowly happening development thanks to magic - though revolvers and lever actions are the height of firearms. Resurrection insurance is a thing to prevent death from accidents, with 1 GP roughly equal in value to 1 2007 British Pound on a basket of goods basis.

Most powerful Wizard is a 6000 year old woman who spends most of her time sleeping over a black hole to stay with her husbando, whose soul got caught in the realm of dreams when they battled against a Lich together in a landscape altering fight.

Best Thief stole his name from the Akashic Record, and technically doesn't exist anymore. Might actually be a god, if his entry weren't an error in the Universe.

Best Monk is the Empress's besty and head of security, who has achieved ageless zen to become the ultra milf.

Best Cleric is a Vampire (Hungering King) from Europe dressing up as China who has never tasted blood on her lips. She serves the Sky-Father, who might be the Western trickster deity Oddyseus.

The first Empress of the Empire was a Halfling Pirate, and her dynasty solidified it as a nation. The first true Emperor was essentially a black version of Leonidas, with a bit of Robert Barathion and Heracles thrown in.

Oh, and Drow are all Cajuns, living in a Bayou and everything.
>>
File: BloodBorneSprite.gif (733 KB, 288x422) Image search: [Google]
BloodBorneSprite.gif
733 KB, 288x422
>>44633970
Maybe, but I want Promethean Alchemist to get some toys. The fact that you are required to pick Preservationist or risk being worthless is boring as fuck and extremely crippling.

Some neat stuff for the magus would be nice as well.
>>
>>44634828
Waylayer is pretty solid with the right build.
>>
File: Princeroll.png (52 KB, 300x219) Image search: [Google]
Princeroll.png
52 KB, 300x219
>>44634951
Speaking of Promethean, I had a thought about a possible build. Boost strength, wear armor spikes (set to piercing) and then take Hamatula Strike and grapple-based feats (Grabbing Style probably required). The Homunculus takes Bull Rush and Overrun feats. You curl up into a giant spiked ball and grapple things you run into. Become pic related.
>>
File: 1424173168846.jpg (463 KB, 1600x1136) Image search: [Google]
1424173168846.jpg
463 KB, 1600x1136
>>44634664
>High-magic setting
>Lil bit of magitech
>Good, Evil, Law, and Chaos are physical planes that can be visited, akin to the elemental planes
>Most of the gods are primordial beings that are fundamentally different than (and indifferent to) mortals, so they're less worshiped and more invoked
>The gods of life and death are romantically involved, every living being is a gift from the god of life that the god of death keeps forever
>Angels play a role more similar to what gods are in typical settings, as even though they aren't as powerful as the actual gods they're definitely leagues ahead of anything else in the setting (there are only a few though)
>I forgot a bunch of other stuff about my setting and lost my notes
>There are halflings
>Goddamnit, I lost my notes
>>
>>44634945
More:

The Landscape Altering Fight the Wizard (Martha) and her hubby (John) got into against the Lich ended a war where said Lich had assumed control of the apocalyptic War Machines built by the Hungering Kings before Henan (their empire) fell. There used to be a mountain range and peninsula where the fight took place, now there's just a gaping crater some 500 km in radius dotted with volcanic islands where the world has healed.

Henan was neat, bit of a techno utopia that collapsed because the Hungering Kings sought immortality and, by taking the stillness of the Earth into themselves, became Vampires. Most drank blood and sired offspring, the Hungering Princes, and that began their slow descent into madness, as the taste of blood on their lips will cause their Hunger to never cease. Of them, only Cheng'e abstained, out of duty and aversion to the almost sexual nature of blood consumption - though she recently sired a single offspring to save the life of a young Moon Knight (Europe-Dressed as Asia paladin devoted to slaying monsters). Fortunately, the blood of animals suffices to stay the hunger, which only grows by tasting the blood of man.

I've got a list of the Top 100 companies in the Empire by financials, largely due to my last game in setting being a politically oriented game in which the party began to unravel the conspiracy between the heads of some of these corporations (Notably: Manyue Medical, Felacaro Alchemics, and Smiths United, the leaders in construct prosthesis, combat enhancement potions, and weapons technology, respectively).

They spent a long while working for the Department of Irregular Operations, where Amelia Carrowmere - Best Monk and the Eternal MILF - heads the show.

There's also this bit about the Crane's Eye, an active volcano on a part of the continent that looks sort of like a Crane in profile; it's the area where the Plane of Fire comes closest to touching the Material Plane.
>>
>>44634883
Carnivalist is best when combined with something else. You could do carnivalist/wizard into arcane trickter for example.

It also benefits massively from mauler and decoy familiars.
>>
>>44632563
>I need to note that I personally will likely be gone for two days (tomorrow and Saturday) for oral surgery and recovery.
Good luck and good recovery.
>>
>>44635236
Speaking of Planes, the Material is technically the meeting point of the element, twisted together in helixes by the Plane of Void, and serves as the lock on the prison for Angra-Mainyu. If you fly the wrong way in an airship, dive too far into the see, or dig along bad paths in the Earth, you're bound to get lost on another Plane. Getting back can be difficult if you're not learned in magic (5 ranks in spellcraft lets you ritual-cast plane shift, though, so anyone with an interest in magic should be able to get you back, as level 6 is the cap for common NPCs and the point where you're considered a "professional" at something.).

The Sun is a hole in the Material Plane to the Plane of Positive Energy. Stars are other Suns, and Space is a physical manifestation of the Elemental Plane of Void. There are 823,543 stars to the sky, each of which is tied to its own Material Plane, each of which is another lock on Angra Mainyu's prison.

As of the present day, 46,656 of the locks have been opened. The Effervescent Keepers of the World Recorder are not worried by this number, even though it was they who made the prison in the first place, at the behest of Ahura Mazda. Their reasoning for doing so is unknown, though it happened during Martha's childhood and her involvement in it - which, not by coincidence, brought an end to the Age of the Sorcerer Kings - is one of the reasons she is both immortal and the only person known who can break the Law of Five Circles. If she knows anything about their intentions, she hasn't said a word... though, so few people know about the Effervescent Keepers that the question might never be asked.
>>
File: 1449162396232.png (211 KB, 496x369) Image search: [Google]
1449162396232.png
211 KB, 496x369
>>44635488
Thank you anon.
>>
>>44632563
Hope your nurses are hot.
>>
>>44635567
Remember, Gareth: Prevention is better than cure, so limit yourself to only four or five dicks in your mouth at a time.
>>
>>44634828
I'm fond of the Unchained Rogue (Eldritch Raider/Counterfeit Mage/Sanctified Rogue) in theory. Take the right feats and its an interesting build.
>>
File: welcome to sandpoint.png (353 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
welcome to sandpoint.png
353 KB, 500x319
I'm starting a RotRL campaign soon, and want to just fuck Sandpoint up with a bunch of random NPC's, some of whom have side-quests, others are just there to better populate the world, or berate the PC's, or whatever. I've added some travelling merchants and bards in town for the Swallowtail Festival, easy enough, but some ideas for more permanent residents would be appreciated.
>>
>>44635875
A melancholy dryad who has taken permanent residence inside a tree within the borders of the town.
>>
>>44635875
A paladin who tries to give any evil party members a righteous dicking
>>
What if there was a special version of Feather Fall that softened the blow of a paladin falling?
>>
>>44632563
Can I ask how flexible your release schedule tends to be? I'm kinda sweating bullets over here because I like the idea of chipping in, but I'm currently fukken broke, and I see that "per book" thing and I'm just... unsure how much that actually would fuck my budget over?
>>
>>44636285
We could publish a book about delays in RPG publishing, if we could get that book out of layout hell. We tend to be late.

In a related story, if you have friends looking to get into layout for RPG supplements, WE NEED SOME.
>>
>>44636300
Uhm, where's a good place to send you a PM and samples of my work? I can give it a shot.
>>
In general, how often are demons fear immune?
>>
>>44636304
[email protected] my friend. That's Bossman: Viking Edition; he handles the 'lancers.
>>
>>44636285
There's a way to set it so that it limits your spending on patreon, I think.
>>
>>44636316
Cool. Now to see if I can overcome my crippling social anxiety enough to actually shoot a stranger an email.

As an aside, good luck with your surgery and recovery, I hope it goes well!
>>
Are rapid shot, manyshot and clustered shots still worth it for ranged initiators? Do they every really full attack?
>>
>>44635346
But Carnivalist get sneak attack at level 2. So you would be worst Arcane Trickster than vanilla Rogue.
>>
>>44636387
oh gods. you have NO idea do you.

Let me tell you a little something about... BOOSTS.

actually no that sounds like a lot of work. go read them yourself.
>>
>>44636387
Clustered not really, even for regular archers nowadays it's just so easy to screw DR. But other than "death by massive damage" which no one ever fails by the time it can be a thing, and DR, it doesn't actually apply.

Now if it worked vs hardness and/or energy resistance that would be a thing.

As for the other two...
Let me ask you:
Is there Enuff Dakka?
>>
So I'm rolling a Druid and I'm choosing Ape companion for fluff reason. Should I be worry about that 10 CON? Anyway to increase his survival ability at low level?
>>
>>44632551
>>44634664
This is probably going to trigger /pfg/ something fierce
>Human only setting
>The planes do not exist. There's an afterlife, but it's a one way trip and there is no way to contact the dead. So it's not that important
>No Fae
>No Wizards, Clerics, Druids, Arcanists, Sorcerers, Inquisitors Rangers, Bloodragers, Oracles, Hunters, Witches, Bards, Paladins, Warpriests, or anti-paladins.
>Psionics(in game is contextualized as ki manipulation), Alchemy, and martial inititian is how shit gets done.
>Well they exist, but in title only. Like Wizard is a slightly archaic term for anyone who's reasonably intelligent and seems to have a lust for knowledge. Paladins were white knights.
>Psionics, Ki, and Alchemy aren't supernatural in the context of the setting. People have been doing shit with Psionics since pre-history, so your not really special for doing it. Alchemy is pretty advanced as well. To the point of being able to emulate certain tech weapons(I intend to slash some zeroes and kill the bullshit TWO MAJOR ARTIFACT) crafting requirement.
>So it's low magic, but not really.
>Well Magic Items, don't really exist. Players will get better stat boosts upon level up to compensate. There's going to be a weapon upgrade system. A +2 sword in game is just going to be a really well designed sword. A shocking burst sword is going to be something similar to a cattle prod, but pointy, etc.
>I have no goddamn clue what to do about Psionic character loot/potential rewards.
>Elemental Flux refluffed as Ki powers, may or may not ban Mystics and just grant E.Flux people Mystic Animus pool as a houserule.
>Tech is pretty advanced for a PF setting, I'd say late 1800's-1920ish in general with outliers on both sides. I kinda want that JRPG anachronistic clusterfuck feel.
I'm not sure if I'm never going to make a game out of this because I'd probably alienate so many fucking people.
>>
>>44636694
>Human only setting
>No planes
>No Fae
>refluffed psionics
So far so good

>no hunters, bards, paladins, warpriests, or antipaladins
Okay, I don't like that much, but it's not too bad.

The rest is pretty much just fluff, seems mildly interesting. Wouldn't play unless I already knew you and had faith in your abilities, too easy to fuck up a system like that.
>>
>>44635875
a-are you taking players?
>>
Sooo, is 1 GP really equal 20 bucks? I'm trying to convert the d20 modern Wealth check system, and I did that little conversion... and found out that a masterwork backpack (50 gold) is a thousand fucking bucks?

Did I mess up somewhere?
>>
>>44636694
My main issue is that you're cutting out a metric fuckton of classes, not just the T1/T2 ones.

Actually, is this one of those "remove all Paizo and replace with DSP" games I hear about?
>>
>>44636818
d20 modern is retarded, anon.
>>
>>44636694

>low magic setting
>for PF

For what purpose?
>>
>>44636573
Thanks!

I've been looking at the mystics disciplines as well as tempest gale and silver crane. I'm not seeing too many strikes that work with ranged attacks outside the obvious tempest gale and solar wind any advice on that front?
>>
>>44635875
A nameless Traveller who claims to have journeyed to fantastic places and is even willing to sell some of the very rare and exotic objects he has acquired during his travels, few of which are not native to the mortal planes.

When pressed for a name or an origin, he simply evades it by stating that he is but a simple 'traveller'. He will offer an almost encyclopedic recount of all his travels, the monsters he saw, the roads he's taken, the people he met, etc, but he will never share anything personal about himself.

He would be randomly encountered outside town and even in caves and dungeons to provide basic assistance such as being an interpreter, a salesman, a basic craftsman, a potion peddler, among other things, including offering directions and shortcuts to more treacherous places.

If threatened, he is more than capable of defending himself by the use of some of his magical items in stock as well as a handful of his own spells.

He was my first PF character and a recurring NPC in my campaigns
>>
>>44636890
Everything in Elemental Flux works with ranged attacks.
>>
>>44632922
>lord of the rings is sci fi
Except it was never that? Star wars is fantasy sure, but science fiction is any story that imagines a future technology and then demonstrates the world that would exist around that, and the implications it would have on the human experience. What part of that does lord of the rings fit?
>>
>>44636820
That reminds me that those horrible fucking Occult Classes are also out.

No, more like me axing just about every class with Vancian casting/strong Arcane/strong fueled by the gods Fluff. I'd be fine with someone playing a Brawler or something. I won't be letting people that Psion archetype that turns you into a wizard with power points either for example.

>>44636867
Is it really though. There are plenty of Psions and Vitalists and Initators busting out supernatural disciplines. Players will still get their stats and save boosts, and have potions and other methods of healing themselves and they'll mostly be fighting humanoids with capabilities and restrictions similar to their own. It's not going to hurt that much. I think. Again. Work in progress.
>>
>>44636890
Solar Wind, Tempest Gale, Silver Crane, Elemental Flux, Steel Serpent, Riven Hourglass, and Sleeping Goddess all have notable numbers of ranged compatible maneuvers.
>>
>>44636767
Depends on how well that party can handle themselves. I've only got 3, but if they're capable I'll keep it at 3.

>>44636906
I like this one, and am always keen for old characters to reoccur, even if they aren't my characters.

My first PF character pops up in any campaign I write as the upstart ex-slave barbarian warlord.
>>
>>44636890
there's a list. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?373397-Path-of-War-Ranged-Maneuver-List
>>
>>44637044
>axing just about every class with Vancian casting/strong Arcane/strong fueled by the gods Fluff

For what purpose?
Sure, strip out the T1s and T2s, but can't you just refluff the rest?
Don't forget that one of the main things about PF is versatility of options and choices, and I'd always be wary of putting a big axe to it, even if for the sake of balance.

Are there going to be wands and scrolls?
>>
>>44637557
>but can't you just refluff the rest?
Not really, refluffing only goes so far.
>Are there going to be wands and scrolls?
No. There's going to alchemical potions and various special medicines, but that's it.
>>
>>44637557
>For what purpose?
Fluff.

No Arcane Magic. God's aren't active. So Divine Magic is out. So that more or less excludes a bunch of Paizo classes right off the bat.

Between Psionics+Path of War+Expanded+Maybe Akasha+and Paizo Martials with free full initation progression, I feel like players would have plenty of options.

Also fuck Vancian casting.
>>
Anyway to play heavily armored paladin that uses great shields and spears? 3PP allowed, within reason.
>>
Has Akashic had anything printed yet or is it still in playtesting?
>>
>>44637742
Use that DSP Paladin Archetype, specialize in piercing thunder and Iron Tortoise, pick up the feat shield and shaft by them then boom easy.
>>
File: 1416279262611.jpg (107 KB, 1024x937) Image search: [Google]
1416279262611.jpg
107 KB, 1024x937
Anyone have any tips for two players looking to make teamwork focused sibling characters?

There are some solid teamwork feats like pack attack, paired opportunists, the charge one etc, but I don't know which classes we should be. We have no idea on the rest of the party composition, and we switch DM's (but not characters) every couple of months.

I'm thinking two halflings, one Unchained Rogue and the other a bog standard fighter, but that sounds really plain to me.
>>
>>44634664
loose norse mythology setting, the world is stuck in 'eternal winter' mode because some worldhopping fey and their celtic thralls showed up and fucked up the end-of-days prophecy.
the celts arrival is actually just a coincidence and completely unrelated to the prophecy--it cant actually start until inheritors for the current pantheons' power are chosen so their energy has somewhere to go when those gods die

the party currently aren't involved in that in any way, and are largely just enjoying wagon-touring the countryside and killing ogres--well, they would be if they didn't befriend fucking everything.
>>
>>44637687
>Also fuck Vancian casting.

Ahh, one of those types of anons.
I see.
>>
>>44637804
2 blackjack fighters, 2 inquisitors with solo tactics, cavalier bros, tactician fighter archetype. Any archetype or class that gives you teamwork freebies, really because having to take them manually and have two people have them for the effect is kind of meh.
>>
Is a level of Blackfire adept worth taking as a sorcerer?
I mainly want the sacred summons feature but I'm a bit worried about being set back by another caster level.
>>
>>44633514
Hoping for Arcane spellsurge, more metamagic like invisible spell,twin spell and repeating spell.

Orbs seem like fun as well for those ranged touch attacks and maybe a few more bloodlines for sorcerer fun.
>>
>>44638026
No. You do not sacrifice CL. You do not sacrifice spell progression.
>>
>>44636890
long as it doesn't say "melee only"
>>
File: where you belong.webm (26 KB, 578x460) Image search: [Google]
where you belong.webm
26 KB, 578x460
>>44638026
Blackfire Adept? Never heard of it, let me look it up on Archi-
>loses spell progression
>>
>>44636818
>>44636846
as is Pathfinder, so retarded + retarded = retarded^2
>>
>>44637742
the hell is a greatshield and where can I pick one up?
>>
>>44637804
2 Monster Tactician Inquisitor.
>>
>>44638026
Why would you even do that? Sacred Summon only work if your aura exactly match the creature subtype. Which means it only work on Salamander,Xill and Shadow Mastiff and that's it.
>>
>>44638335
Holy fuck, how fucking retarded are you? Retarded×retarded = retarded^2
>>
>>44637804
Crit fisher with butterfly sting and one with a big x4 crit weapon. Add on teamwork feats.
>>
>>44638677
This one seems like a fun idea. One brother with two kukris while another brother has some sort of scythe. Maybe Unchained rogue and a Blackguard or even some sort of Cleric.
>>
>>44637804
Inquisitor and Hunter.
You BOTH learn teamwork feats.

Here's the kicker:
Both of you can now pounce.
Just grab the stick together feat and the ring of ferocious action.

You can both do some great things.
Hunter with a bow can pull off a ton of extra AoOs provided Inquisitor uses a high-crit-rate weapon like a scimitar or rapier to provide the trigger.

No only that, Hunter gets a free shot at anybody who tries to hurt her frontline partner thanks to a combo of her animal companion learning tricks from the Skirmisher Ranger and from her own pool of teamwork feats.

As for Inquisitor, he gets the benefit of ALWAYS hitting his first target flat-footed thanks to Hunter providing the opening salvo. It also doesn't hurt that Hunter's companion is there to back him up.

Other fun things you could pull off:
If your Hunter grabs a Roc companion, teach it the bombardment trick
Buy it a haversack filled with feather token: tree
Instruct it to drop trees over enemies.

Max fall damage is 20d6.
Large falling object damage is 6d6

As per rules: Dropping an object on a creature requires a ranged touch attack. Such attacks generally have a range increment of 20 feet. If an object falls on a creature (instead of being thrown), that creature can make a DC 15 Reflex save to halve the damage if he is aware of the object.

Take note of the "If he is aware of the object"
Deny them the awareness using a dirty trick, a companion trick, or really, anything you can think of cos you're a goddamn hunter and inquisitor with a spell list!

Another note: A Roc is capable of learning from the monster feats - prioritize the Grab feat so you can airlift enemies and drop em off cliffs and other hazards! Or onto the Inquisitor's waiting blades.
>>
>>44637804
You might be interested in taking Bonded Mind. It's normally kind of bad, but in this case it could open up some interesting combos with a melee character and a caster.

Once you get past the connotation that you would be gay lovers.
>>
Homebrew challenge of the day:

Come up with a system of meta-maneuver feats (ie metamagic but for initiators) that isn't completely stupid, with a few examples of feats.
>>
>>44638754
A ranger or slayer would work better with the kukris. I don't think there are any monk weapons with an 18-20 threat range, although depending on the level you get to an unchained monk with a 19-20 keened weapon should be a viable crit fisher.
>>
>>44637132
h-hit me up at my skype brobro

if the opportunity comes

nothingtofrir
>>
>>44638777
Forgot something to point out.

I said feather token: tree specifically instead of anchor or rock.

Falling damage is based off size instead of composition, so the tree does the most damage.

Also, a feather token tree's dimensions is 5ft by 40ft. which is good for hitting multiple targets, serving as a good obstacle or cover as well as a great vantage point for archers so that they won't get flanked by taking the high ground.

Also as >>44638677 stated, its best if only sibling carries a high crit weapon while the other makes the most of it.

I'd actually recommend an archer for that because there are teamwork feats that grants you free ranged AoOs if you just let you or the companion do their job. If you lands a crit, archer gets an AoO. If archer lands a crit, you get an AoO. If you attack an enemy while the companion is threatening, archer gets a free AoO.

You don't need archery feats to get a ton of extra attacks. Those teamwork feats grant those extra attacks instead. As long as someone gets a crit.
>>
>>44638825
I can't think of a single logical thing you can do with that, because any potential for "metamaneuvers" is baked directly into the system. Metamagic and maneuvers strike me as completely incompatible ideas.
>>
>>44638777
>Both of you can now pounce.
>Just grab the stick together feat and the ring of ferocious action.

The Hunter is actually the fastest class to access pounce via using stick together while adjacent to her pouncer big cat or dino and then activating the ring.
>>
>>44638825
This was a thread topic a while back actually, they called them "metamight" feats.

https://warosu.org/tg/thread/40614047#p40614143
>>
File: glub glub.png (522 KB, 619x603) Image search: [Google]
glub glub.png
522 KB, 619x603
>>44638777

What teamwork feats would be needed tyo pull that off, sans the pounce?

I can't figure out which combo would be needed for the Inquisitor critting granting the hunter an AoO/The hunter's companion
>>
>You gain access to a spell or tactic that may as well be imported from your magical realm.
>You are drawn to use it regardless of how sub optimal it is.
Whats her name PFG?
>>
>>44638825
How would the level adjustment even work?
>>
>>44638905
Gimme a minute and let me pull out ALL the teamwork feats that grants AoOs or otherwise a simultaneous attack.
>>
>>44638913
>When you wish to augment a maneuver with a metamaneuver feat you must simultaneously expend a number of other maneuvers with a total level equal or greater to '(1+ 1 for every 2 maneuver levels beyond 1) plus an extra X levels determined by the feat, usually 1~3.'

Is the best I can think of.
>>
>>44638948
Basically lets you frontload and make the game even more rocket-taggy.

Ideally, these feats would just give you things that augment maneuvers for some other cost. Maybe psionic focus, maybe animus, maybe taking damage or nonlethal damage from exertion...
>>
>>44638906
>Empowered Unnatural Lust + Hold Person on the same target

mechanically meaningless but a nice idea
>>
>>44638913
how about... only use the meta-maneuver x per day? say 3, or based on a stat? guess the stat would be int but that just doesn't feel right. 2+int?
>>
>>44638906
>You are drawn to use it regardless of how sub optimal it is.
There's no such thing. Firearms in fantasy games are huge thing of mine, but they're too shitty in pathfinder to even remotely consider using. If there were no way to get dex-to-damage, I'd probably never use weapon finesse because my character would be a heaping pile of shit for no other reason than wanting to do something beside SWING BIG SWORD.
>>
>>44638958
Maybe you spend Xd6 of damage dice for extra utility effects, so the system can almost never be used to increase damage.
>>
>>44638777
Vengeance Strike doesn't work on hunter at all. Animal Companion is the one who knows the trick thus it is the one that count as Ranger for skirmisher trick purpose not the Hunter. Also you do realize that you can only do 1 immediate action per round right?

BTW you have to use ready action for feather token bombing and it only work for a single token.

> Activating a command word magic item is a standard action and does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
> a command word magic item
>>
>>44638906
Blasting magic. Especially lightning bolts and fireball-type explosions. Excuse me while I go cry into my shitty Reflex-half CLd6 damage spells.
>>
>>44638984
Oh, I like that one.
>>
>>44638905
Outflank
>>
>>44634664
>be a Golarion pleb
>actually invested my time to learn the lore, rest of group didn't
>GM is burning out and might quit soon

HELP
>>
>>44639017
Honestly, I'd be like that except for the fact that I only like bits and pieces of Golarion's lore, when taken out of context. The setting is just too messy for me to enjoy.
>>
>>44638905
>>44638931
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/broken-wing-gambit-combat-teamwork

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/coordinated-charge-combat-teamwork

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/betrayal-feats/friendly-fire-betrayal-teamwork

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/seize-the-moment-combat-teamwork
(The most important teamwork feat for to net all the AoOs with crit fisher and butterfly sting)

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/snapping-flank-combat-teamwork
(don't judge. I used to have this on MY hunter)

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/target-of-opportunity-combat-teamwork

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/wounded-paw-gambit-combat-teamwork

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo---ranger-archetypes/skirmisher

>>44638985
>Vengeance Strike doesn't work on hunter at all. Animal Companion is the one who knows the trick thus it is the one that count as Ranger for skirmisher trick purpose not the Hunter.
You are correct and I never said otherwise. I just simply stated the the animal companion can learn tricks from the Skirmisher Ranger tricks, as is written in its class features. Sorry if there are any misunderstandings.

>BTW you have to use ready action for feather token bombing and it only work for a single token.
Or just learn to set the trigger word to be Avian and let the Roc squawk the command word.
>>
>>44638985
>Also you do realize that you can only do 1 immediate action per round right?

You can make multiple attacks of opportunities (an immediate action) with the combat reflexes feat. Its valid and rules legit.
>>
>>44638906
Old BoVD tactic. Love's Pain and Modify Memory.
>Modify Memory used on an NPC to insert a memory of Falling in love with the target
>Love's Pain targeting the NPC

Suddenly the NPC's love interest takes 1d6 per 2 caster levels in damage with no save, no spell resistance and there is no limit to the distance between the NPC and their loved one. Modify Memory is permanent so you can keep targeting the NPC with Love's Pain until their loved one dies. Love's Pain itself also has no ill effect on the NPC you target with it (ie. they don't feel anything), and gives them no saving throw - you only have to beat their spell resistance. Which is easy enough if you go Modify Memory off.
>>
>>44639049
> Can my animal companion or familiar wear or use magic items?

> It is intended that animal companions or familiars can not activate magic items. An animal companion could benefit from an item with a continuous magical effect like an amulet of natural armor if its master equipped the item for the animal companion. Animal companions of any type may not use manufactured weapons.

> An animal or familiar has to have an intelligence of 3+ to activate an ioun stone. If the animal or familiar has less than a 3 intelligence, they may not activate an ioun stone.
>>
>>44639039
This is why it works so well to cut out what you want and drop it in your home game.
>>
>>44639080
AoO isn't immediate action.

if you use Target of Oppotunity then you can't use Wounded Paw Gambit.
>>
>>44639098
Well, I must've missed THAT lil tidbit. Good stuff, mate.

I don't see why the familiar can't use magic items though. I mean, it shares the same skills and ranks as its master.
>>
>>44639135
I didn't claim you could combine multiple teamwork feats. But you could get them to trigger multiple times as long as they don't conflict with the rules.
>>
>>44639098
>It is intended that animal companions or familiars can not activate magic items.

>laughingwandedfamiliars.png
>>
>The Broken Blade’s associated skill is Acrobatics, and its associated weapon groups are close, monk, and natural.

>Maneuvers from this discipline require the initiator to be using discipline weapons or be unarmed. Use of discipline-specific weapons with Broken Blade inflict an additional 2 points of damage.

would unarmed attacks count as discipline specific weapons for the extra damage?
>>
>>44639214
natural = unarmed. yes.
>>
>>44638906
>Asphyxiation spells and mundane methods.
At low levels I love to use Hideous Laughter combined with Aqueous orb regardless of how wasteful it is, Later on I take suffocation or summon a dire crocodile and start drowning contests by making it drag whatever enemy I find Into my seamantle so I can look them in the eye as they drown.

I also like to strangle targets as a coup de grace action and garrote bound/helpless enemies from time to time.
>>
>>44639201
>>44639154
Damn I needs some sleep.

Anyway I don't thinks there is a way to increase Swift/Immediate action pool in this game. Otherwise Swashbuckler would be so happy with their Swift/Immediate action economy.
>>
>>44639237

>tfw garrote attacks are shit

I love Aqueous orb.
>>
>>44639225
thats what i thought but the way it says discipline specific weapons or be unarmed and then says disc spec weapons get extra damage. kinda made it seem like you need a weapon for it.
>>
>>44639255
>Anyway I don't thinks there is a way to increase Swift/Immediate action pool in this game

Our table does. But its an arbitrary houserule that doesn't always come up.
"You can trade a standard for a swift, a swift for an immediate and an immediate for a free action, but you cannot trade up."
>>
>>44639275
my bad.
A standard for a move action, and a move action for a swift action.
>>
>>44639258
My buddy's last rogue laced his garrotes with contact poison. Speeds up the whole "choking a man to death" by adding CON damage or choking powder (courtesy of the alchemist).

Maybe try that?
>>
>>44639275
The thing that bugs me most about this is that it implies you're highly limiting the amount of free actions someone can take.

That probably screws a number of quickdraw builds over.
>>
>>44639275
So 2 Quicken Spell + 1 Standard spell per round?

>>44639145
Paizo really needs to consolidate their rule. It's all over the place. Did you guys knew that [Evil] spell aren't evil act? Guess I can play Good necromancer now.

> Does casting evil spells cause an alignment infraction?

> Casting an evil spell is not an alignment infraction in and of itself, as long as it doesn't violate any codes, tenents of faith, or other such issues. Committing an evil act outside of casting the spell, such as using an evil spell to torture an innocent NPC for information or the like is an alignment infraction. For example: using infernal healing to heal party members is not an evil act.
>>
>>44639308
>choking powder

That could be fun. I will try it.
>>
So /tg/, I'm planning a PF campaign but I'm having a bit of trouble making a setting. What are some ways you use to help yourself think of new setting?

So far I'm thinking the kingdoms on this one continent couldn't explore far on the ocean due to krakens waging war against sea dragons but somehow they both mysteriously stop and disappear from the world leaving the kingdoms a chance to explore the world. It doesn't help that a ship once thought lost to the dragons and krakens comes back with spices and loot from another continent.
>>
>>44639321
Except you are locked out from specific alignment spells if you are a cleric.

A good aligned oracle/sorcerer/wizard on the other hand is perfectly capable of pulling this trick.
>>
>>44639321
>So 2 Quicken Spell + 1 Standard spell per round?

Its an arbitrary rule. There will be instances where the DM would overrule that.

>>44639314
Talking is a free action - except when one person in our table doesn't shut up and can sing "slaughter your world" during a single combat round.
>>
>>44639258
I enjoy holding people down with crushing hand then spamming suffocation over and over again on targets with high saves will my character constantly screams "surrender" to them.

Closest thing to waterboarding in the game.
>>
>>44639345
Or Rebirth Discipline Psychic. It even got Reincarnate as spell too, so I can use my old body as undead slave.
>>
Is there a Page of Spell Knowledge for DSP psions?
>>
>>44639354
So... because you can already trade a standard for a move, and immediates already eat your next swift action, and nobody would trade immediates for something they already get for free...

The only real change is that you can trade move actions for swifts?

(For the record that's possibly a slightly shifty rule since DSP stuff is very deliberately balanced around the fact you only get 1 swift per turn, except for maybe one or two times per day)
>>
>>44639340
Dude, just begin an Age of Exploration campaign.

Instead of something random like sea serpents and shit. Just make it so that many continents in your setting is surrounded by oceans and there hasn't been a ship that can brave the vast oceans which were once believed to send ships to the edge of the world.

Barring THAT. You could just claim that the geographical seasons of your continent close off many ships for trade either due to violent storms or absolute lack of winds, and only the rare seasons for sailing has been becoming more and more frequent.
>>
>>44639470
I suppose that'd be easier.

Any clue on what things I should include?
>>
>>44639491
Well, steam engines are out.
But hilariously, magical propulsion of ships are common in PF.
Either by binding an elemental to the ship and sails, or via create winds spell (its fucking level 2 for wizards)
>>
>>44639415
If your GM is allowing 3pp material then theres nothing stopping him houseruling pages of spell knowledge for a psion.

May as well speak to your GM directly.
>>
>>44639533
Got it.

But I still wanna add in fuck huge beasties.

Would it be a bad idea to include huge+ monsters and beasties and put "subtle" hints about where to hit them?

Like big glowing bits subtle?

I've already have stats for stuff like huge dodos and apparently the PCs loved it in my earlier campaigns.

Namely after taking a shit ton of damage (1D8+30) from it, they killed all the young and adults, then took the eggs and created and used the new ones as mounts.

They became the dodo knights
>>
Aside from playing God, what does demiplane creation have over magnificent mansion?

Demiplanes are also 7th level at the least, cost money to make permanent and require another 7th level spell in the form of plane shift to enter and leave.
>>
whats a good feat list for a warcat companion mainly looking to be a striker.
>>
>>44636818
1 GP is equivalent to anywhere between 10 and 50 dollars, sometimes more, because the pricing scheme paizo employs(especially for mundane stuff) is completely nonsensical.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-01-08 03.45.23.png (93 KB, 331x299) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-01-08 03.45.23.png
93 KB, 331x299
>>44639415
There is!
>>
>>44639089
Having a memory of falling in love with someone doesn't mean you love them.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-01-08 03.48.48.png (149 KB, 337x410) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-01-08 03.48.48.png
149 KB, 337x410
>>44639415
More seriously, this. Clarifications to come.
>>
>>44639724
Originally you used Mindrape - was trying to find an equivalent.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-01-08 03.49.35.png (213 KB, 332x554) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-01-08 03.49.35.png
213 KB, 332x554
>>44639415
Here you go, come again!
>>
What's the most cinematic character I can play? I need to kick ass in style so that I FEEL like a hero instead of just full attacking some fucker.
>>
>>44639755
Swashbuckler. It's the class for playing a cinematic swordsman with panache.
>>
Tell me about that once character idea you know will never work but would still like to play anyway!

>Demon-blooded Tiefling Sorcerer, Abyssal Bloodline
>in WotR
>spends all her time acting so sweet it hurts
>to the point where it's clear she's compensating for her heritage
>when it's time for Touched By Divinity to come into play, everyone else's divine parents visit
>she instead falls into a sort of nightmare trance where Lamashtu appears to bring her up to speed on her ancestry
>when she comes to, there's an angel hugging her
>"Dear girl, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. You repeated every word aloud. Everyone knows."

It'll never work because there's no way my GM would ever let me play anything that cringey.
>>
>>44639734
Oh, useful.

What book are these from?
>>
>>44639755
Definitely swashbuckler.
Agility, style, charisma, and even boosted defenses with charmed life.
>>
>>44639839
Ultimate Psionics. Pg. 416 and 417-418, respectively.
>>
>>44639755
Kineticist.
>>
>>44639839
Not too useful for Gifted Blade, sadly.
>>
>>44639888
>tfw if I could be a Kineticist IRL, I would

Tier 5 or even Tier 6 is still better than what I've got going on now.
>>
>>44639755
Any initiator.
>>
What's the easiest way to create a pathfinder character?
I played a game quite some time ago for dnd4 and a friend of mine had a character creator which i could play around with.
Is there something similar for pathfinder?
>>
>>44636694
>remove full casters
>remove third casters
>leave magi of all things
>>
>>44640246
There are some autofill character sheet out there. But the UI is pretty ugly. Herolab is pretty good but cost money.
>>
So in rusty dagger shank town... Summon Monster 1 is the best blasting spell?
>>
File: 1451419050688.jpg (57 KB, 317x800) Image search: [Google]
1451419050688.jpg
57 KB, 317x800
>first game of the year
>one of the party members is extremely late
>looking forward to it after a THREE week hiatus
>wait almost 2 hours before it gets canceled
>tfw
>>
Running my first PF game, and a player has asked me:
>Grappling, and "two free hands". Do you allow gauntlets, brass knuckles, shields, and other things that don't restrict the use of hands to work at no -4 regardless of RAW?
I have heard that grappling is pretty garbage for a number of reasons, so I am inclined to allow this, on the condition that it would apply to everything.
Is this agreeable for most players?
>>
>>44641367
It's irrelevant because grappling will still be a garbage option for PCs.
>>
>>44637687
>Path of War+ ... and Paizo Martials
For what purpose? Paizo Martials would essentially be a trap option in this scenario.
>>
>>44641458
>free full initiation progression
>>
>>44641407
That isn't an answer.
First, it will not be "garbage" for reasons outside the scope of this.
>>
>>44641532
>reasons outside the scope of this
>implying a single houserule can reasonably be assessed outside context of other houserules in use

Still irrelevant.
>>
File: Pinkreaction-1.png (331 KB, 686x689) Image search: [Google]
Pinkreaction-1.png
331 KB, 686x689
>>44632563
I'll give it a look later at work today. Sounds promising though.
>>
>>44641595
Because grappling ends up useless due to nonhumanoid enemies and outrageous scaling therein, and my game is almost entirely humanoids in an E6 environment.
So are you going to continue to be a twat or answer the question like a adult?
>we both know the answer already
>>
>>44641679
No, it's useless because it's a single-target CC that also targets yourself.
>>
>>44641694
So, yeah, I see my answer.
I'll take it elsewhere.
>>
>>44641694
Well, technically, you CAN grapple multiple creatures at once... You just eat an enormous penalty (on both grapples) to do so.
>>
File: 1432172751126.jpg (192 KB, 855x644) Image search: [Google]
1432172751126.jpg
192 KB, 855x644
>>44641607
It's greatly appreciated, anon.

Now I go dark for surgery.
>>
>>44641794
>ever going dark
>>
>>44639651
Yeah, I *think* I'll gor for 1 for 10. Prices won't give me as much of a heart attack then.
>>
>>44641694
There are 5 players and 1 boss. 1 player perma CCs the boss. 4 players then beat the shit out of the CCd boss who can not do anything.

In other words, you are Bane elemental from DOTA.

Or would be, if grappling didn't suck.

>>44641748
Unless you take the feat to not. I think there's one, right? Or was it a tetori feature?
>>
>>44641909
I don't think there is a feat for that... It'd just be yet another mandatory feat to be good at something that should not take as much investment as it does.
>>
>>44641794
Best of luck. I had two surgeries last year. Simple and quick.
>>
>>44641992
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/grabbing-style-combat-style

I think this is it.
>>
>>44641847
>ever going dark

That's what happens when you can't afford a wand of CLW or get a cleric.

>not being molded by it.
>>
Level with me for a moment, /pfg/
What's the best Gestalt combo for a firearm based, non-caster character?
Stalker/Gunslinger?
Gunsmoke Mystic/Gunslinger?
Desperado/Holy Gun?
Kaigun Marksman/Gunslinger?
Am I thinking a bit too narrowly, perhaps?
>>
>>44642490
Hawkguard/Grammaton is fun
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.