[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dying Quote
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 46
File: 1417282018814.jpg (291 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
1417282018814.jpg
291 KB, 849x1200
The last character that you played or are currently playing has just died in battle at the hands of the BBEG or one of his main cronies with no way of coming back.

Your entire party is there with you and you're given just enough time to give some parting words.

What do you say?

Hard Mode: No big monologues, your last words is just one phrase and cannot go over 10 words.

Typical, "Tell my wife I love her," entirely okay.

Some backstory on why they say what they say would be neat.
>>
>>37540214
>Feral world guardsman in a Dark Heresy game the bbeg is a corrupted noble of a hive world
>"Pass the grenades....."
He's probably going to try and blow up the bbeg with himself
>>
"Tell my wife....Shes Fat"
>>
>>37540214
"I did good, right?"

My gunner isn't big on speeches anyway?
>>
"Fuck off, you wanker"

Probably that.
>>
>>37540214
"To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe!"

Honor-bound knight
>>
>>37540214

>I told you we should have done MY plan.
>>
>FUCK
>>
My last character got kicked off a 20th floor
There was no quote
>>
>>37540214
"p...please be good... life can be good, if you make it..."
>>
>>37540214
"Rezz me properly this time. No reincarnation, you cheap fuckers."
>>
"Gott damn it, I hate you all."
>>
>>37540214
See you soon, faggot.
>there is no permadeath in this setting unless you piss off your patron diety.
>mine has pretty much said to my face I can do whatever I want, he just wants to see the effects of the curse I have on me play out.
>>
File: ownt.gif (1 MB, 400x256) Image search: [Google]
ownt.gif
1 MB, 400x256
>>37540391
You mean it wasn't
"OH SHIT"
or
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"
>>
File: 1421539404388.jpg (207 KB, 692x960) Image search: [Google]
1421539404388.jpg
207 KB, 692x960
>The distant future
>The year 3000
>My character is Roaring Feng

[Sound_of_silence.mp3 plays]
>>
My last character's last words were "Oh please, we know you don't wanna be a killer."
>>
File: hakon.jpg (140 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
hakon.jpg
140 KB, 773x1000
"Father. I come to feast with you in the Corpse-Hall. Now skalds will sing as both of us. You as the martyr... I as the villain."
>>
>>37540439
Jesus Christ this is a long damn fa-
>>
File: joseph_joestar.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
joseph_joestar.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>37540214
I-I'll see soon Caes-*cough* Caesar...
The n-next word to c-come out of y-your mouth is... is... *hack*...
>>
"Fucking finally. Nick, if you raise me, I'm going to kill you."
>Comes back 10 minutes later due to Phoenix curse and technically being a god
"GODDAMMIT."
>>
This is good, isn't it?
>>
File: Newman.gif (2 MB, 200x151) Image search: [Google]
Newman.gif
2 MB, 200x151
"It's not worth it... nothing is worth... this."
>>
"I guess that's just how the dice fall."

Jean Malchance, formerly Jean Duquesne. Changed his name thanks to his obsession with luck and an earlier misfortune. The dice have granted me some strangely good rolls for this man.
>>
"I hope I do better next time."

His culture believes in reincarnation, and he's fucked up a lot in this life.
>>
>>37540214
"It's been too long. Finally I can see my wife again."

Paladin turned god, stuck in a 400,000 year timeloop.
The campaign actually ended this way, it was really nice.
In the epilogue a mad cleric performed a resurrection on him after accidentally bringing his wife back.
Best end
>>
"Your safe now"
I took total amnesia in a gurps campaign which means the gm makes my sheet and backstory and these arent given to me untill much later in the game. Im pretty sure that the gm made me a horse man of the apocalypse and if I were to die this would make the end of the world impossible.
>>
File: the ring trick.jpg (26 KB, 723x319) Image search: [Google]
the ring trick.jpg
26 KB, 723x319
This is from Mathilda.
Shit.
>>
File: 1312224531611[1].jpg (290 KB, 775x965) Image search: [Google]
1312224531611[1].jpg
290 KB, 775x965
"Know that your flesh is no different."
>>
>>37540214
>It was a good plan. And I tried. I tried so hard. But lets be honest, Kobolds don't get happy endings.
>>
>>37540214
"Dallas? I was never one to run from a battle, it's not in my blood. I killed a lot of Elf bastards in my time, but it looks like they finally got me. Don't forget everything you learned, and if you ever see that Dragon, Don't be afraid to finish it for me..."
Talrock The Dwarf Barbarian
>>
>>37540214
"But... My music..."
Junette cared only for her music and spread it throughout the world. Shes played for monsters, savages and even a few Kings. The Kings were so pleased with her they captured the essence of her music, having it play in the heavens til the day she died. It was her greatest pride and joy. Her whole reason for living.
>>
"What are you going to do, stab me?"
>>
>>37540670
Underrated movie
>>
>>37540214
"I wish a nigga would."
>>
"Melt me, bitch!"

Fighting a black dragon, drawing its attention so the party rogue can go for the kill shot.
>>
"I guess this is good night. Sorry for not being better..."
>>
File: 3620910-sauron+awesome.gif (676 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
3620910-sauron+awesome.gif
676 KB, 300x225
>>37540214
"One on One. Me and him. I've been waiting for this moment..."

In my current campaign, and the rest of the party are playing people who got kidnapped by the BBEG and forcibly implanted with dragon organs in an attempt to make us magical super soldiers. so while the other three members of the party decided to give their characters all sorts of magical bullshit, I instead chose to be the party Tank, becoming strong and tough enough to beat a 40K Space Marine in a fist fight.

>MFW I'm wading through the BBEG's minions as I fight my way to him before the rest of his army overwhelms me.
>>
>>37540214
"Well... This was a bit more soon than I expected...."
>>
"Mother... I'm sorry"

My character was the only daughter in a family from a matriarchal tribe. She ran away from home.
>>
File: Suplex.jpg (524 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
Suplex.jpg
524 KB, 1000x1200
"Tell... my wife... the insurance plan's in the top drawer..."

He's a very practical man.
>>
>>37540214

"I guess that was our last kiss."
>>
>>37540278
You can kill me, but you cannot kill the law. In this life or the next, justice will find you...

My character's a paladin of Law, and basically a fantasy Judge Dredd.
>>
>>37540214
"Aw crap... I never even learned to play the banjo."
>>
>>37540214

"Dulce et decorum est... *hack* fuck this hurts"
>>
But why would I kill myself?
>>
>>37540214

>Mystic Theruge of Boccob who is both studious and reverent and a rich boy surfer guy. He struggled with being a college grad, the middle child, and all the other players embracing love in some personal way while he spends much of his time studying ancient secrets(he is called 'The Forever Seeking Scholar' in a prophecy about the party.)

>The BBEG is a man who cheated death and became immortal by stepping out of all time and space, which fucked over the world and caused the universe to try and hard reset itself countless times.

"(closest party member), find someone and love the shit out of them, but kill this cunt first."

This may change as my character has been enjoying some antagonistic flirting with the party war mage and they might start something in the next month or so.
>>
>>37540214
>Oh, bloody hell, this won't do at all.
>>
>Motion for 1/2 orc barb bro to come closer
>Place hand on his shoulder
>Mumble softly so he leans in closer
>Punch him in his ugly-ass face one last time
>Die with an ear to ear grin
>>
"At last, I can tell Inga of wonderful american country, of green fields and freedom."
Soviet working class Dimitri, from a MtA game, forcibly volunteered to be brainwashed into being a spy into the pre WWII USA, with his wife's life at stake in the Soviet Union's hands. She was killed later, but he was already too much into the operation to leave. He eventually gets stuck with a group of mobsters, smugglers and a soldier, all just awakening their magic powers. He's growing to like MURRIKA very much.
>>
"A prefect plan requires sacrifices.... You know what to do."
>>
>>37541803
>pre
I meant perfect
>>
"Sorry guys. Looks like this is my last hurrah *hack cough* I only got one request."
"Anything man... anything."
*groan, wince* "UGH... this fuckin' hurts. I - "
"yeah?"
*whispers* "I-"
"what?"
"Bury me someplace... with hookers... booze... and cocaine." *Dies*
>>
"Finally, one more bloodline free of the fey."

Fey blooded Warlock who had no love for the Queen his great great great great grandfather swore his family line to.
>>
Pretty common one, I'm sure:

"Shit"

And then my mechpilot took a six missiles from an SRM-6 straight to the cockpit.
>>
>fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck, Damn the Gods!

- Our party rogue, running to a portal the rest of our team was fighting to through, making it past all the guards except the final lackey. He was promptly Crit'd and split down the center.
>>
God: I have failed. Gehenna awaits them all. Have mercy!

Malkavian noddist scholar and baptist who thinks he was gifted vampirism to save as many souls as possible.
>>
File: chambersdrawn.jpg (234 KB, 675x1000) Image search: [Google]
chambersdrawn.jpg
234 KB, 675x1000
"Save the world. I'll die in your arms after."
>>
"Well that sucks"
>>
File: copck rampage.jpg (70 KB, 144x250) Image search: [Google]
copck rampage.jpg
70 KB, 144x250
>>
[crying and farting]
>>
My A.I character from Stars Without Number 'died' pretty cool, I guess. He was an older model which had to be formed into one module, or form, and it was in the shape of an old security-bot that was reformed to protect a student of an academy who had great psychic power but didn't quite know how to control it and subsequently got himself into a lot of shit. Anyway the running joke was that my A.I was so old it had an 8-track player inside the husk of its security-bot body that it lugged around.

Fast forward about 30 sessions and my A.I is dying to a some-what BBEG on a starship in the middle of a giant fleet. He chose to stay behind and 'distract' the BBEG while the others could flee, saying he didn't need the husk anymore with some upgrades he'd received.

All lies, of course.

So the rest of the party, my psychic, to whom i'd been playing babysitter for most of the sessions until he finally got his shit together after a near-death experience and had mastered most of his abilities. A teacher at the academy psychic had been training at, and a mercenary who'd been sent to kill another student in the academy but changed his mind when shit went wrong in the initial plot set-up, and decided to join the party instead and get payback.

Anyways, the GM turns to me and says it's my turn, seeing as i'm far away from the rest of the party.

"Far enough away that a self-destruct on the ship wouldn't hurt anybody?"

"You assume so, with the time passed and the teachers piloting experience."

And so I pop open my husk of a torso, and on the inside on one metal breast is a console, which I jack into one of the ships computers. After an easy bypass roll I start a self-destruct warning for 5 minutes.

It's still my turn and everybody's looking at me so I decide to end it. I pull an 8-track player out of my chest and psychic actually gasps OOC. I pull my phone out OOC and start playing a tune, letting DM know my turn was over.

the tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iluqs1dXSa4
>>
File: tfw23years.gif (777 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
tfw23years.gif
777 KB, 500x206
>>37540745
>>37542066
>>37542311
>>
My Black Crusade character probably wouldn't say anything, just forlornly stare off into the sky as their breathing slowed.

My SR character would likely just blubber something about the elf gal he was with was the best thing that happened to him and he regretted not getting a chance to make something special with her.
>>
File: oopswrongtypeoffeels.png (484 KB, 621x415) Image search: [Google]
oopswrongtypeoffeels.png
484 KB, 621x415
>>37540214
>My old man wizard in a campaign against the living god razmir.

They call him a living god, but a god doesn't bleed.
A god doesn't quake in fear at the coming of an old man.
A god doesn't need an army to stop a single wizard. Take heart my friends, now he has no army, and my apprentice will become twice the wizard I was.
>>
"This does not dank my kush"
>>
>>37540214

*smiles* I die a warrior, at last...I hope it was enough...

context: blind Utaku courtier, dropped out of Battle Maiden academy when she lost her eyesight at 15. Struggled her remaining life to come to terms with never being a shiotome.
>>
>>37540214
>"Fuck, I was awesome."
>Shadowrun mage, mortally wounded and staying behind to kill more knights.

In Memoriam.
>>
File: 1402106143036.jpg (219 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
1402106143036.jpg
219 KB, 848x1200
>>37540214
>Hard Mode
He'd just make sure the cleric had his sword and tell him "See it returned".

He made a deal with the cleric's goddess for a nigh artifact-tier legacy weapon: its use in life and safe return for his service after. She was known to be fair & honorable so he accepted.
>>
>>37540214
>The last character that you played or are currently playing has just died in battle at the hands of the BBEG or one of his main cronies with no way of coming back.
>Your entire party is there with you and you're given just enough time to give some parting words.
>What do you say?
*leans in close to the rogue*
I... just wanted you to know...
... I always hated you...
...so...very...much...
>>
"Off to the endless forests"

Mentally fucked up ranger who at a young age saw his parents torn apart. Spent the majority of his life living in the forests, so doesint really get people. Put some time into that character, sucks i never got to finish his story
>>
>>37540798
Best line.
>>
File: tmp_14137-hqdefault-662542071.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14137-hqdefault-662542071.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
Tell my wife I said "hello"
True Nuetral wizard with control/abj spellbook.
>>
>>37540214
My character has a pet monkey, who he named after the party Hunter who's a noble, foppish asshole.
>You know all those times I said "Man, Kaito's smart!" or "good work, Kaito?"
>Yes
>I was talking to the monkey. You're dumb as a fucking rock and crazy to boot.
>>
File: >dying.png (15 KB, 480x463) Image search: [Google]
>dying.png
15 KB, 480x463
>>37540798
>>
Tell my wife...I'm gay...
>>
>>37540214
"Oh, shit...this isn't good."
>>
"Don't worry lads, every Red Dragon has a blindspot the size of a wagon right in front go its nose!"
- Lefty Jackson, the Misinformed Ranger
>>
"Burn my fucking corpse you shitbirds."

My character is not keen on being remembered by history, doesn't want anyone identifying his corpse and publicizing shit. Just wants to be 'anonymous ash pile 4, died doing X' when the time comes.
>>
"Fuck Japan and it's shoddy fucking building standards"
Ended up in a pretty weeb campaign where every single dungeon we entered collapsed on us. I lost both my legs and finally my life due to failed tumble checks.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 405x720
Break my things so no one can have them
>>
"I loved you. I loved you with all my heart. And I know you loved me. After all, none of this would have happened without us. I guess that all that's left to say is Goodbye.

I'll see you in the next life."

Context: Demonhunter's wife sold her soul tto save his. Turned her into a monster in the process.
>>
>>37540214
"Medic! MEDIC! Someone help me!"
>>
Backstory: Hakim is an middle aged human wizard, he grew up in a small village as the village wizards apprentice.
One day a man wearing a a white cloak that obscurred his features rode into town. This man rode right to the village wizards house and proceeded to launch a vicious storm of magic missiles that apeared to number in the hundreds. The missile passed through the door and collided with the village wizard, shattering a quickened shield like a pane of glass.
the stranger then rode away without a word. Hakim obsereved all of this, and in that moment knew he would surpass that man and be known as a god of magic missile.
Last words: So goddamn close..
Hakim died trying to reach the sanctum of that man in white for what hakim believed to be a showdown between to magic missile based wizards, slain by a 5 strength rating giant compound bow crit to the chest in a surpise round.
turns out the man in white was a rouge who jerry-rigged a bunch of wands to fire at once.
>>
>"I'll be okay. After all, the adventure never really ends."
They're a particularly close group of individuals who adventure together because they literally don't have any other bonds or goals.
>>
>That CD in my room, it.. will have to do.. the show isn't waiting for me to finish it,
A young diva in a modern setting who fancied herself a popstar.
>>
>>37540214
"I see her wondrous incandescence I see my goddess the sun." he would most likely also shed a tear and smile as his kilt fluttered its last (for shits and giggles i picked the aasimar fluf trait that makes his clothes and hair constantly flow as if they were being blown in wind) Paladin of sarenrae,and the party is stuck in the fall, there is no sun, the only light an eeree purple glow from the walls of this giant dark bottomless pit of void, hes utterly miserable and misses the sunlight
>>
File: 1411798968669.jpg (53 KB, 422x504) Image search: [Google]
1411798968669.jpg
53 KB, 422x504
"See you in Arcadia, friends."
>>
Goddammit not again
>>
>"I'm calling in my marker"
The party cleric owes me a favour, I told him that if I ever died he had to take the books in the bottom of my rucksack and run them without reading them
>>
*cough* I want to get of mr.brack's wild ride *cough*

Rogue fluffed as a battle butler raised on the street, died during another one of his masters harebrained schemes
>>
>Mofuckin' Koreans.

I will allow you to fill in the backstory. It will make more sense than the real reason.
>>
>>37540214

Blast the elves *cough*...and the pirates *hack*...and the goddamn trees too. *dies*
>>
"I was aiming for YOU!"

My elf archer as he was falling off a cliff with the party's bard standing directly beneath him. The bard knows feather fall, but instead of being stupid and trying to cast it like the elf thought he would, he steps to the side and lets my character get pulped.
>>
"AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

They're a werewolf. (They'd presumably be sacrificing themselves using a large variety of high explosives or high energy machinery to give one last shot at accomplishing their goals. Alchemist-Wolf)
>>
"Heh. Shame we never got another doctor."

>MedTech for Cyberpunk Team, only healer on the group.
>For extra irony, probably dying of organ failure He steals the organs of the victims of the rest of the team. This business plus betting on the team in fights to the death has made him richer than the Corporate.
>>
[final words just vague enough that they could be taken as prophecy and eventually come through in the campaign]
>>
File: oiQakYr.jpg (525 KB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
oiQakYr.jpg
525 KB, 4096x2304
>>37544397
>"So this is how it ends."

Order of the Cockatrice Cavalier, just wanted to get rid of the curse that bound him to the adventure. He didn't really like any of them, but he knew his best bet to survive was to stay with them.

Then they all died...together.
>>
>>37540214

"Did I do good, bro? You're not hurt, right?"

Younger brother of the protagonist, the strongest member of the party but obsessed with protecting every other member of the party. As such, he's the party tank.
>>
"I gave him the death he denied me. And now, for the Grace of God, I will return and be judged for my actions...Victor...I'm coming home."

My character was a holy woman who was murdered a few centuries ago and had her soul bound by a demon and has recently been returned to life. The only way to kill the demon is for one of his family to eat his heart and she's one of the last of his bloodline still walking the mortal coil.

And Victor was the man who raised her/died for her so that she could become a good person instead of another demon
But eating the heart of a demon corrupts a person, so after eating his heart she's probably going to cut her own throat so that the bloodline dies with her.
>>
>>37540214
"Looks like. I'm going to the afterlife. Make sure he's right behind me."
>>
File: Bang..jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Bang..jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>
after the battle has come to an end, the party rushes to the downed wizard, lying in the mud mortally wounded. His eyes are glassy and blank. The ranger holds his face with both her hands, supporting him in his last moments.
>"F-finally... I can rest..."
he coughs painfully
>"L-like the birds.. I am free...."
he breathes in deeply, croaks quietly, and dies in the company of his friends.

rain begins to fall.
>>
"With my bones, could you carve a better soldier?"
>>
File: 1421884403244.jpg (67 KB, 767x719) Image search: [Google]
1421884403244.jpg
67 KB, 767x719
>>37544621
Not cool.
>>
"My reasons... My... ambitions... go unrealized... Please... if you find the rift... cast my body to it... I want to die... free...."
>>
>playing a Fighter in a quick one-off dungeon crawl at lv.2
>Our Druid thinks there's more going on here than what it is
>Insists on going in front of me into the next room of angry Orcs convinced that he can reason with them
>"Gentlemen! I see that you're all men of peace, surely we can come to an amicable settlement to all this senseless violence, my brothers?"
>Druid's head is swiftly lopped off and bounces off my helmet

The DM didn't even let him respawn since he'd told him not to be retarded and he told us what this game was going to be.
>>
File: 55e.gif (3 MB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
55e.gif
3 MB, 400x299
>>37540214
"Aaaaaggggghhhhhhggg."/
>>
>>37544751
Wrong thread my steel-swinging friend.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiT_5cr3tYI

I think this might apply here. Though I'm not sure
>>
He would probably prop himself up against a wall and keep shooting at whatever fell him until one of them died.

День промыт как cтекло,
Только этого мало.

Day, like glass, washed all clear
Only that's not enough
>>
Men die crying and gasping for air. I'm just gonna let this sink in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldNSMnEeKio
>>
>>37544991
>Day, like glass, washed all clear
>Only that's not enough
Tarkovsky?
>>
>>37545076
you caught me
>>
>>37545050
Depends on what killed them. My only character death took place over a week from horrible radiation poisoning, in a hospital, loaded with drugs.
>>
>>37545083
>you caught me
Don't make it sound like such a bad thing anon. I've always liked it. Remember hearing it in a movie I watched what feels like ages ago.
>>
>>37542754
Catuvellaunorix bathbanay acorrius cagoran,
King of the Catuvellauni, I am dead. I hope it was enough.

Snatching Celt words for a weeaboo game, for shame!
>>
"Beep Boop!" From my untouchable techpriest in Dark Heresy. He has intimidated Officers of the imperial guard and always bursts out with thoSe sounds when something bad happens or he is mad.

He would probebly also try to hand his clock over to the teams scum who has saved his ass before. The clock he repaired on his own and kept as a memento from a specific district that got burnt down in an early session.
>>
>>37540214
"Its getting dark, fuck, its been one hell of a ride kids, thanks for giving an old man one last.. *cough*... Keep it real. *gurgle*... "
>Retired navy seal
>Travelling with young gun special forces unit framed for treason
>Copped a bullet to the throat after shooting BBEG
>>
"No...no no no... no no no no no no n-"
>>
File: 1380142063878.gif (547 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
1380142063878.gif
547 KB, 540x300
>>37545114
never intended to make it sound bad, I love that film and it's nice to see that other people watched it besides my weird group of friends and I. Just aknowledging your good memory.
>>
"If you leave my body here, I'm coming back and turning you into an ice cube."
Cryomage probably died in a Dungeon crawl with her dwarf buddy.
>>
File: Ganning-dw8.jpg (802 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Ganning-dw8.jpg
802 KB, 2000x2000
>>37540214
"Oh no... looks like I really messed up this time."
>>
"Get them, Zael..."

Zael being her CE drow investigator cohort, with inhuman strength and more than enough personal investment to Mickey Rourke the rest of the campaign.
>>
You go, I stay, Run fast, +++Out Of Cheese Error ???????+++ Redo from Start,
*BOOM*

Warforged Thinking Engine with a hint of Iron Giant, Killed by the BBEG the session before we confronted him, managed to kill his Dragon and Second in command by activating his self destruct contingency, and diving into the Dragons mouth.
it should be noted that this was after another PC died, i lost an arm and a good chunk of head, and everyone else was near dead (bad rolls on our part, and 5 rounds of nothing under 17 from the dragon)
>>
>>37540214
To the BBEG:
"If you see Gaia's bitch, say hi for me."

To any of his comrades:
"Tell my sister I'm sorry for lying to her." I promised I'd come back alive.
>>
>>37540214
"I wish I could've gone any other way."
>tfw paladin with a bunch of CE murderhobo that guys
>>
>>37540214
"A truly splendid journey. Interesting to the end."

He got into adventuring because he loved tales about far lands and mysterious labyrinths.
>>
File: oberstein is great at math.png (215 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
oberstein is great at math.png
215 KB, 500x375
In the third drawer of my dresser, there's a will. Follow it exactly. And...the cat. Tell Yi to make sure it gets fish. It's old, it doesn't have much time left anyways.

>magical girl version of pic related; Yi is adopted PC sister after plot killed the rest of the family
>>
File: Nothing can....jpg (71 KB, 490x612) Image search: [Google]
Nothing can....jpg
71 KB, 490x612
"I-In my travels....I have learned many things...*cough*...But the one thing that holds true is that nothing can....."
>>
File: 1397456127062.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1397456127062.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
"I...I t-*cough*-tried Livi...I tried to keep them from you...But I let a few through...I'm sorry."
>>
To the party:
"This is what I get for babysitting you morons"
>>
>>37545749
I should probably explain that Livi is his Ward whom his Mercenary Captain had ordered him to take her to an elven woodland and deliver her without harm. Most things he could take. A pack of arctic wolves being one of them, but an army I'm fairly certain he'd die to. He's only a level 15 fighter.
>>
"Listen, and listen well. I really like the band N-Sync. My favorite member is Harpo. I think there's a Harpo. If not there should be. I will write their next hit, maybe 'A boom-boom chiky chiky boom-boom a boom-boom chiky chaka chaka cho cho."
>>
File: 1401079381655.jpg (458 KB, 800x999) Image search: [Google]
1401079381655.jpg
458 KB, 800x999
>>37545775
Goddamned Kung Pow.
>>
Black crusade

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
>>
>>37540214

I played an Illusionist Wizard who was a classic bowler hatted, waistcoated English Gentleman, Albert Pertly. The DM was trying to do a 'choose which NPC will die!' between two of our allies. I passed some notes, made some Arcana checks, and the DM allowed the following:

Albert tells the party to run; he has a plan, he runs with them. They all escape!
Albert reveals he is, in fact, an illusion, and remained behind to halt the pursuit of their foes.
His final request was that, "Should the adventure permit, please look after Miss Fussyboots, my cat."

That cat ate pretty well for the rest of it's life!
>>
>>37540214
Depends.

The rifts game?
A newly born Ego-elemental, created when an ascendant became so much themself that they surpassed the limits of the mind and body.
"There is still so much to see. You all made me what I am. Go see it all."

The masquerade game?
Nospheratu, is manipulating the party, a pack of werewolves, and two hunter cells to SAVE EVERYONE (Otherwise known as root out every last bastion of Pentex), has a SWARM OF REVENANT RATS. Likes to hide secrets behind more obvious secrets.
"Shit, didnt see that one coming... get'em right back for me, OK?"

AD&D
A mutant elf born of a mother twisted by necromancy, has been stalking evil things for untold aeons; her soul has no resting place, and her god, Hastur, (Who, while chaotic evil, is also the ELDER GOD OF MURDERING MONSTERS AND ELDER GODS) has granted her body regeneration. So when most things "kill" her she just waits for her body to heal to the point it is operable again. Once entered a campaign as a chunk of skull, attached to a chain.
"I have traveled and killed long enough, I suppose. Now I will serve Hastur by his side..."

Star wars
Deffel guardian, believes that the council is often faulty, but the jedi code has the right idea anyway, believes that people are the most important thing. Also that droids are more or less just people that you can trust to actually do what they are supposed to. So he is also a bit of a technician, and has developed the ability to affect droids with the force.
"Not yet! They arent safe yet! NOT YET!"
(Likely while working on some overloading powerplant or the ilk.)
>>
>>37540214

"Well...this job...went pear shaped...wouldn't you say? I think...I'll take...a nap now...very sleepy..."

Guy was a pirate. The BBEG was a guy who was trying to start a war so he could take over the country. My guy had been roped into working for the heroes, by a combination of black mail and threatening to jack him up.

So he goes along with it, helping the party drum up a resistance. Slowly he fell in love with one of the other PC's, proposed, was shot down. His death? Result of him taking a poison arrow for said PC.

>Hard Mode: Au Revoir, we shall meet again, some sunny day...
>>
>>37540214
"...bugger"
>>
"This means nothing. You face only a minion this day."
>>
File: breaking-bad-mike.jpg (363 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
breaking-bad-mike.jpg
363 KB, 612x380
"Shut the fuck up and let me die in peace."
>>
"If you lads leg it you can live to foight another day"
>>
File: 1410929830562.jpg (474 KB, 636x900) Image search: [Google]
1410929830562.jpg
474 KB, 636x900
>>37540214
"honk"
>>
"fuck pulling straws. take my gear ,give me the signaler and run.."
>>
>>37540214
GM plays our boss like a royal asshole. If he was nearby, she'd probably say, "You're coming with me, you piece of-" and light as much of the world on fire as possible.

high-level DH pyormancers are fun.
>>
"T-tell my children... I'm not there real father.
>>
"Well, guess today WAS a good *cough* day to die... just do one *cough*... thing for me, will ya? Give that fucker hell!"
>>
>>37540214
Bury my slaves with me
>>
File: 1419438884480.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1419438884480.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
Hey...Hey...did you see my awesome fight?
>>
>>37540214
Wait.. If I can talk, I can regenerate.. Dafuq is this bullshiiii-...
>>
>>37540214
What are you going to do? Kill me?
>>
>>37540214
"Sister... I guess I couldn't get my revenge on you..."
>>
File: 1375691993206.gif (931 KB, 210x118) Image search: [Google]
1375691993206.gif
931 KB, 210x118
>>37540287
for some reason this was the most depressing one.
>>
>>37540214

"Do the deeds. Say the words."

Part of a longer speech she made in a previous session about making a difference.
>>
THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING
I'M IN CHARGE HERE
>>
>>37540476
Beautiful.
>>
>>37546853
"Don't worry about me. I did it all for you"
>>
>"DEATH TO THE OMNISSIAH!"
My Guardsman while attacking the party's Techpriest.
We were infiltrating a Slaaneshi bunker in a 40k campaign, and were attacked by daemons. My Guardsman had (quite quickly) gotten corrupted, and that was the straw that broke the faithful camels back and I attacked my party.
The Techpreist feedback screeched everything, killing everyone except the daemons. Then he pulled the pin on all his grenades and bombs and blew himself up, along with the bunker.
The planet we were on later became a Chaos Space Marine recruitment world.
>>
>>37546918
In the same campaign, my next character (a Skitarii officer) had no last words.
He was punched in the face by a power fist and died instantly.
>>
File: 1417819681699.png (639 KB, 1359x1419) Image search: [Google]
1417819681699.png
639 KB, 1359x1419
>>37546749
"See ya."
>>
'''FUCK YOU!''

My chaotic good barbarian right before he punched an explosive his chaotic evil father was holding. They had a weird relationship.
>>
File: ghost rock bomb.png (134 KB, 339x439) Image search: [Google]
ghost rock bomb.png
134 KB, 339x439
>old school Deadlands: Hell on Earth
Playing a Banshee Syker, basically a psychic soldier sent to fight aliens on a distant planet. This guy and everyone he knew had to commit atrocities or die, only to be called back to fight each other is a new world war. on the way back there ship goes full Event Horizon, and they get back to earth to see people blew it all up.

so the world is on fire, and all this guy knows is war, violence and the faintest glimmer of humanity which is now being snuffed out the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

"Looks like I'm off to hell. I'll have that place in ruins when you get there."
>>
>>37540214
"Aw bloody Morgoth! I'm dying. Guys, finish this faggot for me."
>>
"Really? Wooow"
>>
'I always loved you.... Moot...'
>>
>"Say hello to my parents for me, will you?"
>>
>>37540214
"WELCOME TO PRIMETIME BITCH!"
-the actual last words spoken by my last character upon blowing himself and a mafia Don up
>>
"All my life, I've believed in the Imperial Truth of a godless galaxy... But right now, I wish there were something beyond death... If only so that I might see her again."

Fallen DA, serving the Deathwatch as a way to continue to do his duty to the Emperor.

Alternate last words: "Finish the mission and then finish my mjod, you whoresons."
>>
"I rigged all my bombs to detonate when I bite it... Ya may wanna start running."
>>
>>37540287
Why does this bring me tears? Damn that's depressing
>>
"At least we got the far with /style/"

My character is a wisecracking shadowrunner who is fare more preoccupied with doing something a stylish way than doing it a practical way and will probably end up dying because of this.
>>
>>37546135
This one clown kept theowing banana peels and i had no clue wherw they came from. He had so many. The CE and RD beak him up like a gang initiation in the halls. This did not stop the clown, so the CE and RD did it again, but the captain stopped him. After explaining the captain brought him to surgery where we implanted the bikehorn in his chest, and removed his arms.

He was walking around, and he saw a banana peel on the ground.

The clow cannot pick up banana peel.
>>
"One final mistake upon a mountain of failures...never for myself"

A law abiding man who instead of staying with his family becomes a legionnaire, spends time fighting in a foreign land only to return home to the ransacked remains of his former farmhold. The scattered remains of his once pretty wife and young son lay carelessly strewn about the floorboards. The man now desperately seeking purpose throws himself further into military service where he becomes embroidered in a coup waged by a long enslaved nation yearning for freedom. He fights several battles against the would be freemen only to begin questioning the orders given to him and the morality of his actions. He ultimately defects and begins life anew as a merc wandering the rolling country side taking an odd job here and there. Eventually he finds himself within the company of like minded individuals. They carve their way through job after job becoming a well respected merc company. The man takes care of his companions and every drop of blood they spill in his name weighs on him. One day a man covered in silks the color of nightshade approaches him and offers him a big job. The man eagerly accepts thinking how pleased his friends will be. With the enormous payout they would be set for life. The band of mercs rides to the designated spot and awaits a caravan. The intel they were given was wrong and they face thirty men instead of ten. All but the man are slain. The man throws a fancy carriage door ajar to see a family frightened and begging within. Broken and distraught he leaves without finishing the job. The young boy reminds him of his son.

Don't feel like finishing.
>>
"Hey, are you okay? Is that some new kind of spell you learned?"

Said my dwarf right before he was chopped in half by the cleric who decided it was a good idea to make a deal with the devil for power.
>>
"Get my carcass back to those mages, I promised them, and take care of my sister. She doesn't have to end up like me.."

Alternatively, if there isn't time for that sort of dying scene.

"All gods are bastards."
>>
>>37547215
Dude, that is evil.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can still pull things around without arms.
>>
File: WHEN IT ALL WENT WRONG.jpg (7 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
WHEN IT ALL WENT WRONG.jpg
7 KB, 263x192
I'm...I'm NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCLEAR
>>
>>37540214
"... I knew I should have stayed in my mom's hidden basement until they stopped hunting us."

He was not a particularly brave man. But I GM most of the time and therefore my own characters tend to be normal people.
>>
File: Aurangzeb_in_old_age_2.jpg (109 KB, 462x600) Image search: [Google]
Aurangzeb_in_old_age_2.jpg
109 KB, 462x600
I always found this one particularly moody. Apparently the dying words of the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb, a confession to his son.

He had recently gained, or was very close to, gaining a Pyrrhic victory for the conquest of the Deccan. He had sought to conquer the lands for their fertility, but the 26 year long brutal war had destroyed the lands, leaving nothing but charred remains of what he had sought to conquer.

''I came alone and I go as a stranger. I do not know who I am, nor what I have been doing.''
>>
>>37540214

"No Gentle Repose is gonna keep this corpse pretty!"

Spoken by my surprisingly intelligent Fighter heading blade first into a nine headed pyrohydra.
>>
"Did I at least...become a hero?"

Her main goal was to follow in her father's footsteps and be a hero to the common people.
>>
>>37540670
I want everyone to see it
>>
File: 5rU67[1].png (432 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
5rU67[1].png
432 KB, 720x540
>>37540287
>I did do the right thing... didn't I?
>>
>this spirit i have bound to me as a familiar? when i die its unbound and it sure wont be happy. fuck you.

they didnt believe him, shot him, and were then torn apart by a rage spirit.
>>
>>37540214
>Hard Mode: No big monologues, your last words is just one phrase and cannot go over 10 words.

"Don't give up on the others. They can be good."

My paladin was inspired by tales of his adventuring uncle (another player) and joined his party some way into a campaign. They followed the same god, but his uncle was jaded and cynical.

You see, the party themselves were typical murderhobos concerned with little except wealth and loot, borderline chaotic evil purely because of their selfish disregard for anyone who wasn't a PC.

My paladin was trying to encourage them to be more altruistic, and he was starting to really get through to them... when he died.

I wish he'd had time for last words.
>>
>>37540214
Aberrant Bloodrager Pathfinder.
"When I screamed more blood, I didn't mean my own..."
>>
>>37540214
> 40 years old Greyjoy, known to be fucking unstoppable in battle. Conquered half the Riverlands and managed to kill a Dragon

"Well done, faggot. This is an end worthy of a song. Worthy of an ironborn"
>>
"I'll need time away to decompress and reflect, but I look forward to one day returning to 4chan as its Admin Emeritus or just another Anonymous, and also writing more about my experience running 4chan on my personal blog. The journey has been marked by highs and lows, surprises and disappointments, but ultimately immense satisfaction. I'm humbled to have had the privilege of both founding and presiding over what is easily one of the greatest communities to ever grace the Web. It was truly an honor to serve as 4chan's founding administrator, and I look forward to seeing what the next decade holds for the site.

On to the next chapter."
>>
File: The slinger.png (886 KB, 1430x905) Image search: [Google]
The slinger.png
886 KB, 1430x905
>>37540214
"At least four- wait, three? Nevermind specifics, let's just say a bunch of you are going down with me."

Kasatha gunslinger in a pathfinder game. For those unfamiliar, Kasatha are the game's "Thri-Kreen" archetypal FOUR ARMS MOTHERFUCKER guys. This guy was essentially the scout/artillery for a pirate airship campaign who specialized in being what is essentially a walking gatling gun with a mouth. He was none too charismatic or suave, but had a penchant for being rather 'wise-cracking' and friendly, and tended to think he was much more clever than he actually was. In early levels before he could afford his final loadout, he enjoyed using his spare hand to hold a martini mid-combat. Probably goes down in some sort of spectacularly silly john-wu style, leaping through something made of sugarglass guns 'ablazing.
>>
Karasakanthulthusian is still a cock bungling asshole!!!!!

Yelled by my paladin as he is killed by a dragon god king's personal executioners using his true name in hearing of most of the city.
>>
"Bring my flask to me, I always take a drink before I sleep."

Paladin of Cayden Cailean for Pathfinder, who has been a total bro to all the party and surprisingly enough has been able to convert much of the party into worshiping the big party guy.

He has always been drinking after every meal and even makes sure to take a long swig before he sleeps and since his craft is brewing, never runs out properly.

He's been pretty fun to play, jokes around a lot, and hell, managed to handle a situation where an artefact he was transporting was stolen from him by bandits and still managed to handle the situation peacefully by gambling with the bandits. Gm was impressed with that one, considering the lead up to finding the room of 12 bandits was me going. "I walk courageously in heavy plate armor into their base, and I will do this until I find them."
>>
>>37547889
And yes, this character was referred to the ship captain when someone mentioned that he was "Rather well armed."
>>
Why was I here in the first place?

Alternatively, a simple "Gods be damned!"
>>
File: 1412741069591.gif (834 KB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
1412741069591.gif
834 KB, 440x248
>implying my character didn't die the same way he was born- covered in someone elses blood and screaming
>>
>>37540214
"A ghost from the past is back to haunt us!" *BOOM*
>Voss, Murderous !Lizardman Warpriest, spotting the first captain of the ship he belongs to, who he sold into slavery. Said former captain has escaped slavery, and been building a new crew out of all the old characters that have caused trouble for the crew of our ship and were killed.
>Thankfully, our crew's spacesuits all come equipped with cameras and HUDs, so the rest of our crew has information and a chance.
>>
Yesugai the Nomad after defeating the elder turtle god that wanted to remake the world after awakening from a hundred thousand year sleep. "I told you I would be a great man, mother."

While staring into the distance.
>>
"I'll be back, you little shit."

He's a tech-priest, and he still has fate points left. And regeneration.
>>
Bury me deep. Or you'll regret it.
>>
"Impossible. Tell them I ruled it... I had you on strings... The nobles in my pock... No... no... There they are... See! The mourners! The masoleum! It's a fever dream... a nightmare of royalty!!"

LE conjuration mage with a dream of being a tyrant.

Guess he didn't get there.
>>
"I see the dawn. She's beautiful."
>>
He whined, nudging his master's frozen hand with his nose and licking it occasionally while he waited for him to wake up. At some point he lay his head on his companion's chest and closed his eyes for the last time.

>mountain avalanche took out the party. Last surviving party member was the dog.
>>
"One last dance, Sammy?"

Said as he started playing a love song over the radio of the self-destructing ship he and his wife were flying a safe distance from the planet.
>>
File: 1415329193626.gif (3 MB, 343x200) Image search: [Google]
1415329193626.gif
3 MB, 343x200
>>37540214
Current campaign is set in a kind of post apoc medieval world.Playing as a knight errant
>"I always hated you assholes" Sir Varro's last words before going to his death buying the party time to get away
>>
Playing 3.5 or 4e DnD
In Sigil, fighting big powerful daemon
5 man party, 1 person is under the control of daemon, our wizard, 2 KO, 1 is running out the door, I'm fighting.
> Mage attacks and crits me
Hey DM is negative bloody dead?
>DM: Yes, why?
Um...well
Group murmurers oh shit is he dead.
>Negative 43...I'm 42 bloodied. "This is the end."
>>
>>37540214
THE LOOOORD IS MY SHEPHEEEERD!
>>
>>37540214
When the word of love falls, pick it up and hold it higher.
>>
>"Bury.. Me..."

Also played an RPG in a modern setting.
>"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil for I am the baddest motherfucker in the valley."
>>
>>37540214
>I have seen things you would not believe.
>>
>Wait, I don't think you touch tha--
>>
"Don't worry. It's probably not a REAL bomb."
>>
>>37540214
>HEY ASSHOLE
>I FUCKED YOUR MOM
>>
>>37543793
What were the books?
>>
>>37540214
>Dammit, hand me some morphene from my kit.
You're gonna be fine, man, just hang in there.
>[Laughter, followed by a short coughing fit] Don't give me that bullshit, I'm your goddamn medic, remember? Give me a gun and a grenade or two, at least let me take a few of the bastards with me.
But-
>No 'buts.' Go, while you still can.
>>
> Currently playing a typical magical girl lost on another, much darker world.
> Total magical OCP.
> Hotblooded beacon of light in a world that's sorely lacking in white hats otherwise.
> All in good fun, the rest of the party is enjoying it as much as I am.

"Hah! Told you we'd make-"
>>
>>37540214
>"Tell my wife, I'm an Orangutan,"

that was a weird session to say the least
>>
"Darn you hindsight!!!"
>>
>>37540214
>"I plan for everything."

Character was a wizard who played it very rules lawyer. Made deals everywhere, had at least a dozen contracts, held control of half the town, actually planned the battles out. Fought a BBEG who claimed he didn't have a contingency plan.

He had a wish spell, scribbled in his book.

He and the BBEG were instantly transported into the heart of a dying star.

No method to bring him back, since the star was 'too powerful and interfered' meh. whatever.

Still got a statue in memory of my deed. There's more than one way to be immortal.
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.