[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nightmare Quest 53: A new Home, a new Life.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 16
File: 1357472001666.jpg (225 KB, 641x901) Image search: [Google]
1357472001666.jpg
225 KB, 641x901
New players welcomed. See guidelines.

In the morning she rises, blood in your veins, feed him to the beasts in the night. In the morning she sings, air in your lungs, stab him with a sword in the night. In the morning she eats, food in your belly, cut him with a razor in the night. In the morning she stumbles, fire in your soul, shoot him with a pistol on the night. In the morning she falls, steel in your gut, tell him why in the night. In the morning she dies, blood on the floor, fade away to him in the night. -Sayings of the monastery of silence, pg 23 paragraph 4.

Guidelines:
>trip-codes are a must to prevent cheating and character impersonations.
>The game is played entirely with 1d100's unless otherwise specified.
>There is only one of me, posts take a bit of time. (Be Patient)
>Characters will die, get over it.
>New players:
name, age, description, race. Roll 2d100 for hp and location. You can be anything from a sentient toaster to a wondering samurai grasshopper from the year 5000.

Archive:
>tinyurl / LOSTARCHIVE
>>
File: Living fortress.jpg (187 KB, 722x1000) Image search: [Google]
Living fortress.jpg
187 KB, 722x1000
Name: Home
Race: Construct
Description: A walking, living fortress
HP:45
Luck: 65

Abilities
Microlites: +30 to repairs, +50 attk +50 def
Remote control micro golem body

Companions:
Arachne

Players Met:
Lorenzo
Parla

Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>44592808
This heartstone seem to benefit me greatly. It feels like it is calling out to me. I walk over to the heartstone and grab it.
>>
File: Parla.jpg (435 KB, 710x1326) Image search: [Google]
Parla.jpg
435 KB, 710x1326
>My last action was a 6 ._.

Await judgement.
>>
>>44608659

"Legs wobbly eh?" The guard has had it with you, decides to arrest you for necromancy without a license, thievery, obstruction of justice, unsuccessful tsundere, and anything else he came up on the way to the station.

He puts cuffs on you, and starts to carry you.

>>44608657
There seems to be an invisible barrier on the way, between you and this artifact stands powerful magic. How will you take this situation, perhaps politely asking the town's ruling body? Or with Arachne's help steal it?
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>44608908

"Well uhm, I don't know about the cuffs.. But the carrying is good."

>Well let's see if i can still cast that it's always night spell...
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>44608908
I head back out and take a look for the guard I talked to earlier. He seemed like the agreeable sort. He might be able to help me out wiht my current predicament.
>>
File: father_gascoigne.jpg (20 KB, 365x365) Image search: [Google]
father_gascoigne.jpg
20 KB, 365x365
Too old to die young
>>
File: imperial soldiers of sunborn.jpg (263 KB, 966x828) Image search: [Google]
imperial soldiers of sunborn.jpg
263 KB, 966x828
>>44608945

Unsuccessful on the casting, well on others. You wake up in an imperial cell. There are a bunch of rather burly men in there as well. Something about stealing dwarven gold and flashing poses all around town.

>>44608958
>>44608958
This particular construct is mistaken for a well known mercenary. They have sent soldiers after you. This may not end well.
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>44609104

"Hmm, what the flipping hell? This is supposed to be my throne room? This world is more disgusting than i thought."
I scratch my head.

"Skeletons! Instruct these slaves, and build a throne room! I need a nap!"

Sleep while floating.
>>
>>44609001
>shamelessly dashing towards an exit while firing my revolver at the leg joints of the critter to incap it
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>44609104
I explain to them "This is a simple misunderstanding. I am not the construct you're looking for. I mean no trouble. I am simply searching for way to obtain the heartstone."
>>
File: entrance hallway.png (2 MB, 1600x768) Image search: [Google]
entrance hallway.png
2 MB, 1600x768
>>44609001
>>44609159

A man has nothing but his pride, but fuck your pride you choose life! You dash to that door miss every single one of your shots, but you make it out to the hallway. You managed to take a good pocketful of gold coins, but no jewels. At least you are alive.
>>
>>44609145

Your skeletons are used as toothpicks by the other prisoners, you get all your shit stolen while you sleep. You are lucky to still have a cloak.

>>44609160

The soldiers apologize for the confusion and point you towards the house of the major. They give you a pass so you don't get in any more trouble.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>44609266
Those were some nice humans. It would be great if they would live aboard me. Perhaps next time. I head towards the major's house. I see no reason for why we can't figure out a deal for hearstone.
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>44609266

"Where are my skeletons? Where is my shit? Whatever, I'm going! Now come, slaves and bring me the heartstone hiahiahiahia. And smash every golem you find. But bring me it's head!"

>Casually float out of the station.

"Skeleton! I'm in need of sweets! Take the bowl of sweets from the counter!
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>44609230
Still keeping a hearty pace I reload my revolver, panting furiously, my massive chest heaving
"Damn, I'm outta shape, the fuck?"
>stop to stuff the gold into my boots then search for a hub area, maybe signs of life
>>
File: infestation.png (693 KB, 862x536) Image search: [Google]
infestation.png
693 KB, 862x536
>>44609348

While you are able to leave the cell with ease, the guards capture again, this time they throw you in solitary, its about time the used it. One guard suggests to put a dog on the outside, just in case. Another says they should call a paladin .

>>44609300
And infestation of goblins is attacking the town. You are caught up in the middle of it. 200 hp 40 attk.
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>44609470

>Simply open the door to another dimension.
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>44609470
These creatures are not fit to be my inhabitants. Exterminate.
>>
File: Kyra and assistant.jpg (194 KB, 864x591) Image search: [Google]
Kyra and assistant.jpg
194 KB, 864x591
>>44609454

You find a room that has a sphinx along with her terrorized assistant. You are greeted by house elf, in a trembling voice it welcomes you to the Dorf Fortress of Akatash. The Sphinx eyes you for while, observing deeply, asif taking a glance at your very soul.

"I am in a great mood, i have not had visitors in a long, long time. I will not kill you, would you like a gift?"
>>
>>44609490

How did that even occur to you, a physical door, yeah but an ethereal one? However, to your surprise it works. When you step into it it leads you to a field outside the town. There is a large Golem, resting on the outskirts.

>>44609499
You are joined by other of your soldier type golems, you make short work of the infestation and get gifted the StoneHeart. The mayor declares your a town hero, a feast will be thrown in your name. Really they just wanted an excuse to end the drinking prohibition.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>44609532
I eye the critter in turn, my gaze belying awe, shrewd skepticism, and discomfort SIMMULTANUSLEY
Before bowing my head. My shoulders pulling back square.
"Yes, fair creature, whatever you'd give a lost soul i'll take with gratitude"
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>44609658
I take my heartstone and head back towards my main body. I try to stay clear of the crazy old man who seems to have a beef with me for some reason. When I get back I ask if Arachne knows the function of the heartstone. She seems to have become somewhat of an expert on constructs after our years together.
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>44609658

"Harhar! Perfect! SKELETONS ASSEMBLE! See that golem? It's inside will be the start of the domination of this puny planet HIAHAHAHAHA!
IGNIS! When I start you laughing you have to join me! Now let's head there and make it homely.
hiahiahiahia"

>Head for the golem and make it's inside my base of operations.
>>
>>44609754
How did this old man find me? I guess I could let him stay. Other than being senile he seems to quite harmless.
>>
File: sphinx bones.jpg (514 KB, 2034x1890) Image search: [Google]
sphinx bones.jpg
514 KB, 2034x1890
>>44609690
"ReAllY?" Kyra laughs, not a deep,evil laugh, or anything like that. Just a quick pity induced chuckle. In true fashion to her kind you have failed to answer properly to her question. Does one receive a gift for intruding or does one humbly asks for forgiveness in the wake of a rude intrusion?

Another one like from before comes into the room. Kyra looks at you for what will surely be the last time. 300 hp 50 attk
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>44609754

>Also send killsquads into the town. They shall attack guards and steal armor and weapons.
(And cute stuff. maybe a little frilly dress for Ignis.)
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>44609844

>fight/dodge/make my way to the pointy eared critter, drawing my axe I slash at its legs while firing into its face never looking away from the monster
"Knife ear, do you wanna die a terrified slave?! Aid me so's we may both live free!"
>>
File: ignis 2.jpg (38 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
ignis 2.jpg
38 KB, 736x736
>>44609720
Arachne has no clue on its function, she says it may be a power source or a memory core, she will have to investigate.

>>44609847
You send a wave of 10,000 mine skeletons. each no taller than six inches tall. Now normally anyone would laugh at such attack, but it is 10,000 of them. The town is taken over in a manner of minutes. Your minions come back with all manner or trinkets, but no stoneheart. They do bring a nice dress for Ignis.
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>44610061

"Do you like your new dress? It looks flippin' cute!
Now minions, we storm the fort!"

>Take all of my minions with me and we try to find something like a throne room. or at least somethin that could qualify as one.
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>44610061
I'll leave the hearstone up to Arachne. I notice screams from the city, burning buildings and a bunch of tiny skeletons climbing up my body. This old man is truly going too far. But perhaps this might be a blessing in disguise. Now that the town will eventually fall to ruin, I might as well try to pick up some of the inhabitants.
>>
File: throne room.jpg (149 KB, 1211x660) Image search: [Google]
throne room.jpg
149 KB, 1211x660
"I l-like it." She is very pleased with herself.

You find the long lost throne room inside the Golem, it is spacious and well furnished, although there are cobwebs with designs everywhere.

>>44610136
Arachne informs you that she will be studying on the stone for a while on her room, but that it may take her a while before she cracks it. Not literally ofcourse.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>44610331
Well, there's no reason to stay here. I stomp on whatever skeletons is left around me and head towards greener pastures.
>>
>>44610004

You barely manage to dodge its attack, it comes for another pass. 291hp 50 attk
>>
Rolled 75, 5 = 80 (2d100)

>>44610331

"Perfect! Harharhar, now maid skeletons, clean this shit up, bring me some sweetrolls and compliment Ignis on her new look! Another squad, go to the nearby town- ah wait. Damnit. Alright go to another town and make it clear that i'm searching an apprentice!
Make some signs or some shit. I need someone to whom I can teach stuff!

Now let's get my brain working, how exactly did you raise skeletons that are not threatened by pidgeons?"

>Apprentice search
>Raise better skeletons
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>44610414
>is that nigga elf listenin'?
>roar in fury my MASSIVE CHEST HEAVING
> dodge under its strike then attempt to bodyslam that bitch ass critter and make it my bitch like them bear wimminz I think I remember
>>
File: Demon Lord Emirash.jpg (188 KB, 900x655) Image search: [Google]
Demon Lord Emirash.jpg
188 KB, 900x655
It seems that your have somehow wandered into the real of a demon lord. 700 hp 120 attk. "Why trespass into my property?"
>>
>>44610432

Your maid skeletons do their job to the letter, no problems there. But while you try to raise a large skeleton, you certainly succeed except the one your raise died in that very room.

"ah to be alive again." it cracks loudly its neck bones. Then looks at you, "Peasant, fetch me my sword, we are under attack."
>>
Rolled 69, 37 + 50 = 156 (2d100 + 50)

>>44610599
"No harm meant, lord. I walked the wrong way and got lost. I will be on my way." I turn around to walk away.

>Second roll is for defense if needed.
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>44610672

I look around
"Where are peasants? In my throne room? SKELETONS! GET THIS MAN HIS SWORD! Kill this flipping intruder. I don't allow peasants in my presence."

How did a peasant even come into my throne room without me noticing? He must be hiding. Ow well, The slave skeleton can handle him.
>>
>>44610584

You dodge and parry, but this beast is well armored, its hide too thick. It lunges with a blood curling roar, it seems intent on ripping your limbs off.

274hp 50attk
>>
>>44610721

Emirash is confused, how does one even wander into a demonic realm? Its not like Lord's Ganesh's Detroit, this is Compton, its actually hard to get in. At any rate the creature before you poses no real threat, so you decide to let it go for the moment. but not before having some fun. "I shall let you leave, however in recompense for my generosity, whenever you find one named Law, but sure to him a hard time."
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>44610838
"It will be done" Law? The citizens of the former city I visited spoke about this creature as well. He seemed like a maniac driven by destruction from what I heard. Someone even talked about him being a panty thief. Truly an odd creature. A creature seems to have awoken inside me. He feels familiar, but I can not remember why. Perhaps my memories will return with time. I continue my quest.
>>
>>44610768
I roar back, a painful throaty yowl.
>shoot it in its eyes, then bolt for yet another exit
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>44611006
Fuckin' teegee
>>
File: 94.jpg (17 KB, 171x183) Image search: [Google]
94.jpg
17 KB, 171x183
>>44611033
sorry lad
>>
>>44610738
>>44610738
Yvent walks over to you and grabs your head. "If you look for a peasant, you need only see a mirror." He lets you go, grabs a sword and orders your skeletons to clean up the place before he returns.

>>44611006
>>44611033

The beast impales you with its powerful tail, your heart splodes on impact. Before you can bleed out you feel the monster start to eat you. At least you can feel no pain.

[Killroy DEAD]

>>44610950
you continue on your merry wait to field after field of flowers. You are dimly aware of some slight conflict inside you.
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>44611117
My current citizens seems a bit rowdy. This place is so peaceful and serene. This place must surely contain some kind creatures that wish to board my body. Take a look around.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>44611117

"How dare you! Don't you know who I am? Haven't your parents taught you anything? You bloody prick! SKELETONS! Make this room as filthy as you can! I'll swear he'll pay."

It seems, that this is Yvents fortress castle whatever. Maybe i can find something i can blackmail him with. Or a magic artifact that can help me deal with him. My powers are still too weak!

>Search for magic artifacts or something personal from Yvent.
>>
File: Tomb guard.jpg (99 KB, 1091x732) Image search: [Google]
Tomb guard.jpg
99 KB, 1091x732
>>44611226

Your skeletons wake up the tomb's guard. This suit of armor was tasked with protecting the personal interests of lord Yvents. It is highly agile, impervious to pain, and incredibly durable.
400hp 80attk. "Trespasser found, terminating."
>>
Rolled 13, 6 = 19 (2d100)

>name
>hardran
>?
>restless einerjar, a mass of enclosed viking armor, pelts wrapping the shoulders, excluding the helmet, which is open at the mouth area, shadows seep from joints and only darkness can be seen inside excluding a pair of glowing pale blue orbs where eyes would be weilds 2 hand axes and a shield emblazoned with the image of a bear.
Fuck man, I can't find that pic
>>
>>44611197

Unfortunately for you this place has very few people passing by, there is a small wagon passing by, perhaps you find something good with it? Or perhaps you move elsewhere.
>>
>name
>hardran
>?
>restless einerjar, a mass of enclosed viking armor, pelts wrapping the shoulders, excluding the helmet, which is open at the mouth area, shadows seep from joints and only darkness can be seen inside excluding a pair of glowing pale blue orbs where eyes would be weilds 2 hand axes and a shield emblazoned with the image of a bear.
Fuck man, I can't find that pic
>>
Rolled 92, 63 = 155 (2d100)

>>44611417
>>
Rolled 55, 98 = 153 (2d100)

>>44611364

"Well, in 1on1 combat you sure beat me. But you will never reach he hiahiahia! I invented this Killspell on my homeworld, now let's try it!"

>AVADA KEDAVRA!
>While skeletons block his path
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>44611390
As I have nothing better to do, I ask if the creatures would like a lift to their destination. Perhaps they may come to enjoy my company along the journey and decide to stay.
>>
File: Jason and Jessica.jpg (86 KB, 598x413) Image search: [Google]
Jason and Jessica.jpg
86 KB, 598x413
>>44611441

your spell does nothing, it cannot kill what is not alive. But your skeletons manage to get in the armor and jam it up, it can't move, it seems like an impasse. It cannot move to kill you but your magic cannot harm it.

>>44611451
There are two occupants on the wagon, they are quite happy that you are giving them a lift.
"Hello there, my name is Jason" Says the on in blue, quickly followed by the one in pink. "and my name is Jessica, we have-" Jason butts in, "Never seen you before."
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>44611536
"My name is forgotten, but you may call me Home. Where are you headed? I will bring you to your destination" While walking and talking with my guests, I take a look at how Arachne is coming along with that heartstone.
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>44611536

"Hmm, what to do with you? I know! Ignis show me what you can do!"

>I choose you, Ignis!
>>
>>44611577
"To the wedding in the sunborn kingdom." Says Jackson. He then starts to riffle a pile of scrolls to you the invitation. Jessica sighs, and hands you the correct paper while her brother is still buried deep in elder scrolls. "We are attending in the stead of Lady Catherine, mother of all-" Jackson butts in again "Sookiebyes" Jessica wacks him, "Succubi."
>>
>>44611590
"Ignis is currently sleeping, she is not waking up." This is what she says to you while walking over to the throne and being quite clearly awake, although she does look tired.

Ending the quest here for tonight.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.