[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>All humans now have lvl 6 spells >All. Humans. >Even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: powerup.jpg (89 KB, 599x599) Image search: [Google]
powerup.jpg
89 KB, 599x599
>All humans now have lvl 6 spells
>All. Humans.
>Even peseants and children
>How does your game change?
>>
I imagine it completely changes into being about every human in the world randomly having powerful magical abilities
>>
File: manifesto-tg.png (58 KB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
manifesto-tg.png
58 KB, 1000x1400
>>36895402
Lev 6 of what class? Is it class even? What game, what setting? What ruleset? How many per day?

Fuck, OP.... That was weak...
>>
>>36895402
That depends, the game I'm running or the game I'm playing in?

If it's the game I'm playing in then I would probably be ordered to assist the army in enforcing a city-wide curfew.

If it's the game I'm running... I have no idea how to deal with that chaos.
>>
File: nofun.jpg (9 KB, 176x217) Image search: [Google]
nofun.jpg
9 KB, 176x217
>>36895509
>>
>>36895675
I've seen kids playing in a sandbox. Occasionally they did pretty stupid things, like eating a sand - the same which some cats or dogs used to defecate.

Yes, they had fun.
Yes, it was awful.

Just like this thread.
>>
>>36895402
The fuck's a peseant?
>>
>>36895509
>privde
>>
>>36895509
The hell is going on with those quotation marks?
>>
>>36895402
Having level 6 spells does not change them from being peasants or children
>>
File: 1404368486618.png (338 KB, 778x658) Image search: [Google]
1404368486618.png
338 KB, 778x658
>>36895754
>>
>>36895509
>which effectively means, that
>vagueries
>an attention whore which
>privde
English not your first language, then?
>>
>>36895789
Jesus, it's supposed to say "peasant"? That's quite the misspelling.
>>
>>36895763
Fixed. Thx.

>>36895765
Nothing.

>>36895791
Yep. It isn't.
>>
>>36895847
>Nothing
Those are not quotation marks. Well, half of them are. The other half...are doubled commas? Maybe?

Weird-ass font, either way.
>>
>>36895805
It's only quite the misspelling if you're a pedantic asshole.
>>
>>36895912
>Those are not quotation marks.
'k
>>
>>36895931
I couldn't actually make out what the word was, so...

The point at which a misspelling makes a word unrecognizable is the point at which it's significant.
>>
File: VNyk86k.png (651 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
VNyk86k.png
651 KB, 1067x800
>>36895931
>if you're a pedantic asshole
>>
>>36895402
In world-building terms? It would be a drastic change that completely changes not only human society, but the societies of every other sentient species that has to interact with them. Could have ramification on the Nine Hells, the planes of the Abyss, and the various good afterlives, frankly. Probably have impacts on the more common interdimensional civilizations, too. It would be a big deal.

In terms of my players' game experience? Wouldn't change it that much. They're high level characters, most of the NPCs they associate with are also high level characters. Really the only change is they won't have defenseless 0 level commoners to piss on or play messiah to, anymore.
>>
File: url.jpg (43 KB, 501x237) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
43 KB, 501x237
>>36895402
Well I'm playing Eclipse Phase, so my best guess is that it means the players failed to prevent an existential threat, then the entire solar system got infected with the exurgent virus and got psi powers.... solar system is fucked.
>>
>>36895509
>refers to a mechanic found in DnD
>DnD is the most talked-about RPG (if not not most played)
NOPE I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
>>
>>36896027
This.

Only DnD has spells or levels.
>>
>>36896027
That's a point. The number of games that use "spell levels" that aren't D&D, or derivative of D&D so closely it doesn't really make a difference for purposes of discussion, and that have "spell levels" that go as high as 6, is pretty small.
>>
>>36896027
- Levels, spells and humans exist in many different RPGs
- D&D features a few editions & clones
- There are many different settings

Yes, Anon. I understand you know one game only.
>>
The party now has a LOT more trouble dealing with the random ass bandits that we've been krumping these last few sessions.
>>
>>36895402
Require a base intellect of 16?

I see a 0.00000028% rise in the amount of people who can cast spells immediately.

Small enough that no one notices for centuries, if ever.
>>
>>36896027
Still shitty thread.
>>
>>36896158
The threads are what we make of them.
>>
>>36896213
Yeah, premise and topic have no bearing on..

I can't even finish the sarcasm.
>>
>>36896223
The thing he's trying to tell you is that you're the most active shitter here

I mean the OP made a vague premise and you came here just blasting shit all over the place. There's really no comparison
>>
>>36896113
>>36896213
Alright, so making something out of horse shit instead of letting it die. Then hopefully letting it die.

Let's premise: no spellbooks allowed.

Strength 17 is supposed to be as good or better than any human who has ever lived, let's equate that to intellect too.

So if int 16 is required, and int 17 is beyond Magnus Carlsen intellect, I'm pretty sure that anyone who actually can cast the spells would be so rare that people would just assume they're either blessed by the gods, or a sorcerer.

If it doesn't require the stats for some reason, then it would still be useless and probably never discovered as the somatic, verbal, and material components are closely guarded secrets that require years of training or being Extremely gifted to get right. Especially to the point of sixth level spells.

Does that seem like an appropriate amount of No Fun Allowed?
>>
>>36896312
Good one, OP.

So much pride that you equate the worthlessness of your thread with other people honestly pointing out it's low quality.

And accusing it all on one of the many anon pointing it out, at that.
>>
>>36896213
"Even Solomon cannot pour from an empty" & shit.
>>
>>36896356
Bu...but im OP
>>
>>36896356
>>36896357
Hey, it's not a great premise, but it's not as empty as some of you are making it out to be. D&D is the lingua franca of tabletop, we can all be reasonably expected to be familiar with the concept of "spell levels". The spell lists of most editions have commonly ranked a number of particular spells as 6th levels; Chain Lightning, Disintegrate, and Flesh to Stone for example, are sixth level wizard spells in 5e, 3.5, and AD&D alike. It's really not hard to infer the general scope of power access to that kind of magic would be, and to speculate on what effect giving power of that magnitude to every human in your setting would have. If you're not being willfully obtuse for its own sake, that is.

Honestly, the vaguest part of OP's premise was that he didn't specify whether they'd have those spells at will, or limited casts per day as is standard for magic users.
>>
People always gotta ruin a possibly good thread sigh.

Well in my game everything not human would be screwed simply by the fact that humans outnumber them, not even counting all the half humans out there. After probably killing each other in typocal human fashion a human empire would rise were peasents are anyone with lower the lvl 6 spells and nobles are those with lvls 8 and 9
>>
>>36896686
In your game?

You just broke the premise of your own thread.

With humans who don't have level 6 spells, and humans who also have levels 7-9?

This must be the possibility of good discussion at work.

It probably would have worked out if you had set some better parameters instead of keeping it so vague as to confuse even yourself.
>>
>>36895931
To be honest it is quite a big misspelling.
>>
>>36896810
It is, really. I maen, youer all perfcetly cabaple of undrestnading me if I tyipe lkke this, but it doesn't make you a pedantic asshole for point out how wrong it is.
>>
Shit thread, I hope OP jumps a cliff to some train tracks.
>>
>>36896641
>>36896686

> Whole time in the world
> All your creativity and whole world of sources full of inspirational shit
> Lack of many boundaries and limitations of typical wwws/portas/sites/forums

"Guys, uhhhhhhh, everyone, like, 6 lev spels nao, uuuuuuh, uuuuuuuuuuhhh..."

No, sorry. This thread is bananas and its author deserves an additional homework, because he clearly has way too much time on his hands. Which he wastes.
>>
>>36896356
Ain't you the fucking sunshine of this board. Well done, hero, another thread that could have been fun little exercise in stories and ideas thwarted again!
>>
>>36896918
>>36896954
All i said was all humans had lvl 6 spells. What more do you need?
>>
>>36897087
see
>>36896356

It seriously addresses your post in full.

Irony these days.

>>36897115
Then I guess no change. Thread answered >>36896317
/thread
>>
>>36897115
>All i said was all humans had lvl 6 spells. What more do you need?

Re-read whole thread.
>>
>>36897161
>>36897153
Alright i see

>Every human can cast spells at will based on their personality(Violent people cast evocation, Sly people abjuration or illusion ex)
>>
>>36895931
I'm pretty sure it's still a misspelling even if you're not a pedantic asshole.
>>
>>36897227
Better. Not perfect, but better. Could use a bit of expansion, details, examples.

Now remember this next time you'll think about starting a new thread.

Godspeed.
>>
>>36897227
So would social people be conjurers? Summoning an unlimited number of magical creatures to their side?

That does not sound good for the existence of the world.
>>
>>36897324
And hordes of bandits with disintegrate are better?
>>
>>36897407
Bandits would have spells that are based on desperately staying alive, making food, and stealing.

You don't think it's easy stealing a few silver as a bandit, do you? Only adventurers have good money and they just kill you.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.