[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Minor Ordos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Sicarius Initiate.jpg (41 KB, 438x846) Image search: [Google]
Sicarius Initiate.jpg
41 KB, 438x846
So some recent writefaggotry of mine is dealing with the Ordo Sicarius, and I was wondering if any of you have used the minor ordos in any of your games or fanfluff. Seen plenty of alien hunters, daemon hunters, and witch hunters. But what about man hunters, zombie hunters, robot hunters, time cops, and all the other little groups that make up the obscure rungs of the Inquisition?
>>
>>44577778

I'm actually budgeting for a new Militarum Tempestus army. Fluffwise they'll be the henchmen for a radical Inquisitor of the Ordo Astartes, who believes that the best way to oversee Space Marine chapters is through violent action.
>>
>>44581194

A black ops unit specifically for hunting down rogue super soldiers? Hmmm where have I heard of that before.
>>
>>44577778
I once started writing a series of short stories about an agent for the Ordo Sepulturum (zombie hunters) - I envisioned them as 50% Inquisitorial agency, 50% intergalactic doctors without borders.

I feel like that would be an interesting way to run them in Dark Heresy, not so much as kitted out 'zombie hunters' but as though they were the CDC: spending most of their time chasing rumours of new diseases, investigating each new outbreak, hoping they wont prove to be a warp-engineered viruses, and always on the lookout for the dreaded zombie plague.
>>
>>44581432

That sounds pretty cool, what would radical versus puritan members of this sect look like?
>>
>>44582264
Puritans would treat outbreaks with lots of fire
Radicals would try to save survivors in order to find inmune subjects to create vaccines.
More radicals would try to weaponize the virus strains
X-treme radicals would try to resurrect the Emperor with zombie virus.
>>
>>44582310
Sounds pretty cool, the idea of some Zant bite inquisition trying to use the zombie plague for good is intriguing.

>>44581194
What would puritans versus radicals look like in this instance?
>>
>>44582872

*xanthite
>>
>>44581194
You have Sisters for that.
>>
>>44582872
Ordo Astartes Puritans would believe that Marines just need more control.
Radicals would believe they are all mutant scum on the edge of becoming traitors that outlived their purpose.
>>
>>44582892
>>44582872

I feel like a puritan member of the Ordo Astartes publically brings down fire and brimstone on clearly heretical and rebellious astartes chapters.

Whereas a radical member of the Ordo Astartes prefers to leverage these astartes, blackmailing them into doing the Inquisitions work. Alternatively they may be inquisitors who prefer to privately take down astartes who havent been fully sanctioned yet.

My army is the personal black ops force of an Inquisitor, who uses them as a scalpel to take out trouble making astartes. For example, the "ork snipers" that took out the celestial lions would have been the sort of operation these guys would perform.

So they arent inquisitorial stormtroopers, theyre an inquisitors private army equipped with carapace armor and hellguns.
>>
>>44582950

Ordo Astartes Puritans

Thorians: Monitor Astartes groups for possible divine bodies, they believe that resurrecting the Emperor will require a Marines body and as such remain on the lookout to acquire a suitable subject.

Monodominants: Begrudgingly accept the Astartes as a necessary evil for the survival of the human race, thoroughly investigate psyker heavy chapters, ruthlessly destory heretical chapters.

Amalathians: Accept the Astartes as an integral component of the Imperium, and attempt to bring them into the fold and make them play nice with other Imperial organizations.
>>
>>44583244

Ordo Astartes Radicals:

Xanthites: Advocate the usage of heretical and rebellious chapters for the Inquisitions ends, either by forcing or manipulating them.

Horusians: Seek to create a new Horus by imbuing astartes with warp energy in hopes of creating a new (loyal) warmaster.

Recongrationist: Believe that astartes are too limited, seek to improve upon the astartes creation process as well as increasing the size and number of chapters.

Istaanvites: Seek to cause conflicts between astartes both within chapters and between astartes and the wider Imperium in order for a stronger Imperium to be born from the ashes.
>>
How about Ordo Exterminatus?
>>
>>44583409

I see them as a grim dark version of the IAEA. Puritans probably want exterminatus sanctions under the direct and strictest of circumstances, radicals are probably more free with their usage and spend their time coming up with new exterminatus weapons.
>>
Ordo Chronus when?
>>
>>44584055

I've been toying with a concept of an Ordo Chronus Inquisitor who has a warband consisting of warriors from every conceivable time period, from anachronistic feudal knights to Imperial grenadiers clad in the best the Imperium can provide.

The twist is that all of these warriors have been recruited from the Inquisitor's homeworld, just over different time periods. Whenever he runs out of a plate wielding warrior aristocrats he pops back in time to abduct some more.

Naturally his casual undermining of the threads that bind reality and spacetime together make him a dangerous radical in the eyes of the Ordo Chronus.
>>
What about the Ordo Scriptorum? They honestly seem to be one of the minor Ordos that should be expanded into one of the major Ordos.
>>
>>44584305

The nerds of the Inquisition, perennially having their heads pushed down into power-toilets and being held upside down for ration cards by passing Ordo Malleus monodominants.

They're interesting, but it seems like a job that would be handled better by acolytes instead of full fledged Inquisitors.
>>
>>44584634
Really? I honestly see them more as the Inquisition's version of the NSA, tapping communications in order to determine threats to the Imperium, as well as trying to manage the monster that is the Administratum.
>>
I once played the lone Ordo Desolatus Inquisitor in a Rogue Trader game.

His mission was, in his own words, "To keep the fire lit." That is, to make sure humanity never goes extinct. His Inquisitorial Rosette was specially crafted to contain a handful of basic STCs and a perfect sample of human DNA, while also being essentially indestructible. He was a really sketchy survivalist type, and supposedly his Order was intended to exist at the fringe of Imperial space for all times.
>>
>>44584055
I see what you did there..
>>
Ideas for Thanatos, Necros, Vigilus, Desolatus, and Senatorum?
>>
>>44581432
>intergalactic
So he's a nid
>>
>>44585566
Thanatos maybe has to deal with warp ghosts and haunted shit. Legion of the Damned reports too.
inb4: who you gonna call.
>>
>>44584823

My understanding is the Inquisition already is the NSA. Some Inquisitors collect scraps of forbidden lore and sorcery, whereas Inquisitors of the Ordo Scriptorum collect long lost, overseen, or hidden ledgers and excel sheets.

The Ordo Scriptorum aren't analyzing the metadata, there's far too much of it, especially for an ordo that's as small as they are. They're the ones conducting random checks in piles of unread administrative records in the hopes of finding and fixing discrepancy. They're the ones who make sure the administratum adepts are filling out forms in triplicate with a blue pen, not because they love pointless bureaucracy but because the Ordo Scriptorum knows that filing form A in file B might mean that Lord General Bob's crucial reinforcements end up on the opposite side of the galaxy.

And every now and then the ordo Scriptorum realizes their worst fear; a mislabeled astropathic transmission of a warp invasion means that instead of sending a squad of Grey Knights to seal a minor rift now they have to send a crusade to prevent a second Eye of Terror from forming. A survey written in the wrong color ink was overlooked, and a perfect planet for colonizing is neglected for the hundred years it took for the survey to be correctly filled in with black ink, long enough for an ork population to have taken residence.

In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium paper work can kill as easily as bolt shells or chainswords. And that's not even mentioning the data daemons that periodically infest tainted filing cabinets.
>>
>>44587620
>be chaos cultist
>able to fill forms out in triple triplicte in time it takes peers to do duplex
>hired on the spot
>Ordo Scriptorium constantly breathing down office neck
>they leave one day to raid some cabinet suspected of housing paperwork related to siphoning of guardsmen from local PDF
>fill out form in daemonic runes
>use my own blood in a quill
>use blue parchment with gold leaf text I made myself at home
>file in sector > sub sector Tegium > shipping requests > provisions
>a few days later filing cabinet turns into a daemon
>billions starve due to lost paperwork
>>
>>44587786

>Be Administratum scribe slave
>Be tired, overworked, middle of divorce
>Miss a single comma in a thousand page report
>It should have read "Lord General Kashmir requests a thousand guardsmen, grox, and supplies."
>Lord General Kashmir receives a thousand grox rated for consumption by the Guard, is overrun by enemy forces and a herd of frightened cattle.

>Be Administratum scribe slave
>Be working in filing cabinets
>Hear a strange sound coming from a dusty cabinet
>It...it sounds...it sounds like...
>"IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMEBODY'S GOT A CASE OF THE MONDAYS."
>Inquisitorial Purge of Filing Cabinet 2XFH68R completed with 72% casualties, Praise the Emperor for this glorious success.
>>
>>44585566
I think Desolatus should be responsible for investigating survival tactics to preserve humanity and the Imperium in the event of total galactic annihilation. It'd be neat to see Inquisitors making Fallout Vaults to protect against total Chaos incursion or Tyranid conquest of the galaxy, etc.
>>
>>44584302

I assume that the top-tech Guardsmen are actually from an older era, and that the feudal knights are the current planetary population?
>>
>>44583398
>Istaanvites: Seek to cause conflicts between astartes both within chapters and between astartes and the wider Imperium in order for a stronger Imperium to be born from the ashes.
>An entire branch of the Inquisition, with near unlimited power, dedicated to getting super soldiers to wage war against each other.

By the Emperor how horrifying.
>>
>>44581379
That was the original concept for the sisters of battle
>>
>>44577778
I'm playing in a Dark Heresy campaign where our Inquisitor is of the Ordo Militum. She's essentially acting as the Inquisitorial liaison to the forces being built up around the Cadian Gate.

We are essentially operating as counter-espionage in response to Alpha Legion attempts to undermine sector security. The players speculate, though the characters don't know, that they are trying to destabilize Imperial space to soften us up before the 13th Black Crusade.
>>
>>44592593
Yeah, Istvaanites should be purged wherever found.

They're not a whole organized branch though, but a philosophy some radical Inquisitors believe. There's no Ordo Istvaan
>>
>>44592742
That's be Ordo Aegis.

*BLAM*
>>
>>44583398
This isn't like using alien tech, this is just ordo badideas
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.