[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CIVILIZATION THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 1
File: Civilization Thread.jpg (3 MB, 2700x6000) Image search: [Google]
Civilization Thread.jpg
3 MB, 2700x6000
You know the rules
:] Let's get this going. I have 2-3 hours guaranteed
>>
arctic dryads
>>
>>36767069
Bullywugs, reef
>>
>>36767069
:] If you have any ideas for new races, or see something that needs to be changed in t he image speak up!
>>
>>36767104
This, or islands
>>
>>36767069
Show me Drow Mountains!
>>
>>36767069
Kolbolds
Canyon
>>
Get tripcodes/names plz.

>2 bullywugs
>1 Drow
>1 Kobolds
>1 Dryads

>1 Arctic
>1.5 Reef
>.5 Islands
>1 Mountains
>1 Canyon.
>>
>>36767104
>>36767128
thirded, reef
>>
>>36767165
>>36767136
I will be switching race to Dryads to avoid Bullywugs again.
>>
There have been a ton of Civ threads recently. Or maybe I'm just noticing them more?

>Bullywugs, Island
>>
>>36767165
I'll switch from artic dryads to reef dryads
>>
>>36767186
Are you samefagging? :? We didn't gain more posters

>>36767215
There are more now, a lot of people started playing them.

Bullywugs / Reef wins. Bullywugs aren't a salt-water species, but fuck it i'll go with it.
>>
>>36767069
Gnomes on mountains.
>>36767106
And if you really want to find something to fix on the pic I'd say work on the status bars on some races. There are weird ones with black lines or blurs around them or the coloring isn't drawn/erased right and it looks kinda jagged and sloppy.
Not a big deal to me but it's something I've noticed being pointed out a few times.
>>
>>36767165
fuck it I'll back Dryads. changing vote from >>36767143 to >>36767098
>>
>>36767254
I'll admit, I was the first bullywug, no idea about the second dude though. I'll stop that now
>>
>>36767254
You know what? I only said bullywugs because everyone else was. But I'm not a hypocrite so I'm jumping on the new bandwagon.

Changing from >>36767215 to Dryads, artic
>>
>>36767328

Fug this kid, bullywugs reef sounds real.
>>
>>36767215
are you even mad?
>>
>>36767360
No, I definitely ain't complaining.
>>
>>36767263
Meh i'll fix them. Didn't exactly do them right due to laziness.

Through the years our people have traveled through the lands. But due to a great storm the island we last lived on has been washed away. The waters taking our people to the far corners of the oceans, and now our clan is only a fraction of its former strength. We number at 30 (15m,15f.) We found a large reef that we took shelter in, it appears to have an underwater cave system connected to it in such a way that we are protected against sharks and such when needed. Our people have not seen many fish in the area, which is odd as most reefs are filled with them. The small water cave does not connect to a network of other caves, but has a small tunnel far too thin for us to swim through. (It's in water)
Our people are armed with some stone weaponry, as well as quality stone/bone tools. We have food to last 3 turns.

What do?

What do? (Dictating how much of the population does each task makes things easier)
>1. Travel/Explore/Scout (N/E/S/W)
>2. Gather/Hunt
>3. Attack/Patrol/Defend
>4. Other (Specify)
>>
>>36767421
If you guys don't understand the cave thing I can draw it real quick. Basically it's a tunnel that leads up to a central chamber filled with air.
>>
>>36767421

I don't really understand the cave thingy, but if we can't explore it then I don't think I mind too much.

>15 explore north
>15 explore south
>>
>>36767421
>2. Gather/Hunt
>>
>>36767421
Wait, are we Dryads or Bullywugs?
>>
>>36767421
Other, Fortify the reef
>>
Just got an Idea for a BBE Thread where we begin in the Civ Quest style, but only with one Greedy old Dragon and a few brainwashed slaves..

Target is mostly getting riches and Power. If we piss off to many people, they'll hunt us. If the Dragon dies, the slaves are not longer under control and the Quest has failed and is over. But i'm too lazy and tired right now.
>>
>>36767421
Send 5 to explore in each direction

the others for hunting/gathering
>>
>>36767513
Bullywugs won, even without the samefag. They had 4 (3) votes before drudis had 3

NEED A TIE BREAKER.
>>
>>36767421
Have a few see if we can break open the passage and get through the tunnel the rest search the area and see if we can find more caves and food.
>>
>>36767541
>>36767541
Well shite, dashing my dreams against the rock.

>>36767524
Supporting

New captcha is shit
>>
>>36767588
>New captcha is shit
ain't it tho
>>
>>36767524
We send scouts in each direction, and have 10 of our people gather/hunt...

To the North lies a large trench, shrouded in darkness. On the other side of the trench is a wasteland of sand/dirt. There is no life in sight.

To the South lies a forest of seaweed, and other greeneries that stretch up towards the surface of the water (1000s of feet) Our scouts reported sounds similiar to that of dolphins. And a shaking like that of an Earthquake. They dared not travel near it, however they spotted plenty of fish swimming all around and in the edge of the kelp. A large Shark swims around, occasionally snapping at schools of shark. (Estimated 40ft long shark)

To the East lies more reefs, however they appear to be dead. No life is on them. Our scouts report seeing a purple sludge all around the reef, and found a trail of the sludge leading into a large underwater cavern. They didn't enter it out of fear. The scouts refuse to disclose why they fled, and insist we do not go near it.

To the West lies a large flower bed, full of sea-herbs, eels, and plenty of fish. We can see a Ocean Current (clearly visible) traveling South. Schools of fish, and what appears to be some kind of large turtles are seen swimming in it. They are moving easily 5x faster.

Our people attempt to gather anything useful, and hunt anything they can. However due to the lack of greens, and the lack of fish near our base, they cannot find anything. They gather plenty of stones, broken corral, and some basic healing herbs, but only a few.

What do? (Dictating how much of the population does each task makes things easier)
>2. Gather/Hunt
>3. Attack/Patrol/Defend
>4. Other (Specify)
>>
>>36767724
Send 10 to hunt fish/gather kelp, 5 patrol the reef area, and 15 to try and research some better tools
>>
>>36767724
>HUNT THE SHARK!
>>
>>36767724
Well seems we have a location for food.

>2. Gather/Hunt to the west (20 people)

>4. Other (Create some better tools/weapons) (10 people)
>>
>>36767724
>and what appears to be some kind of large turtles are seen swimming in it. They are moving easily 5x faster.

Can they be domesticated?

send half to gather goodies in the flower bed to the west

half to bolster our position on the homefront, maybe try to break through the cave tunnel?
>>
What do you all think of a tortoise/turtle race?
Or perhaps two races.

>>36767868
You'd have to attempt it to try, you also were pretty far out from the current.

>>36767868
>>36767838
>>36767805
Gathering/Creating tools locked in, will write it up.
>>
>>36767888
They'd all have to be total surfer dudes like in Finding Nemo.
>>
>>36767888
I think a desert tortoise race would be baller, have a defensive bonus because of the shells
>>
>>36767724
Try to make contact with the turtles, they may be sentient or we might be able to domesticate them.

And I might be able to fix some of the status bars, it's just that if I started on it I'd probably end up trying to fix all of them and I don't know how long this thread will last.
>>
>>36767902
fuck you found me out.
>>36767888
We send 20 of our people to gather kelp, and to hunt the fish. Our people, though quick in water have a hard time catching the fish due to the kelp forest. They swim into it as soon as we get near... We soon spot the large shark, and it spots us. What seems like a mile away, turns slowly into only a 100 feet as our people struggle to scramble as far into the kelp forest as possible. Our sight is all but null, but our people start cutting away kelp to make a small clearing. We notice that once cut the kelp floats up towards the surface slowly. Our people are too far into the forest for the shark to get to us, but we fear it is waiting.

While 20 of our people were gathering fish and kelp, while hiding away in the kelp forest from the shark, the rest of us were busy building new tools. With the help of having resources in the cave, we soon make some better stone weapons, and even manage to make a small metal hammer. Our people are amazed at the durability that the metal has.

After the first day of our people not returning with resources, our people get worried and go to the kelp forest... They see that a large shark is swimming around rather erratically snapping at everything. We can't get near the kelp forest without risking ourselves.
>2. Gather/Hunt
>3. Attack/Patrol/Defend
>4. Other (Specify)
>>
>>36767951
I was thinking the tortoise would have a resistance to heat, and natural armor. While also be more intellectual, and magically gifted. However weak melee/ranged wise.

Turtles would get bonuses in water, and combat bonus instead of tech bonus. Possibly give them a nomadic trait?
>>
>>36767999
All in on killing the shark.
>>
>>36767999
>>36768117
This, draw him near the caves and ambush the nigga with our new tools
>>
Just wrote up a couple drafts for the stats. What do you all thing?

TORTOISE-CLAN

2 MELEE
1 RANGED
5 MAGIC
3 DIPLOMACY
5 TECHNOLOGY

Hard Shells - Bonus to defense, against all damage.
Can act as a natural shelter. Some shells may be spiked.
Wisdom - Tortoise people are wise, and know that power lies in both magic, and technology.

Slow - Tortoises move rather slow, and as such traveling distances takes 4x as long, and running is never an option.

REPTIlIAN DESCENT

TURTLE-FOLK

4 MELEE
3 RANGED
4 MAGIC
2 DIPLOMACY
2 TECHNOLOGY

Hard Shells

TECHNOLOGICALLY INFERIOR - MUST STEAL TECH TO GET BETTER TECH

REPTILIAN DESCENT

SNAPPING TURTLE - HALF OF POPULATION IS HIGHLY AGGRESSIVE TOWARDS NON-TURTLES

WATER DEPENDANT - cANNOT STAY OUT OF WATER/AWAY FROM WATER FOR LNOG PERIODS OF TIME
>>
>>36767999
>>36767999
Swarm the bastard from two sides with everyone! Bullywug charge!
>>
Is there just this one anon who wants to make all of tgs catalog civ threads, I swear, there are so many. Not that that's bad. Go civ!
>>
>>36768209
>>36768117
>>36768181
We have our people draw the shark towards us... He quickly rushes over as our people make their way to our cave. However just as we all make it into the cave the shark dives upwards swallows one of people whole! However the shark landed belly up on the cave floor and started flopping around like a fish out of water. Our other 20 people made their way quickly following the shark and rush up into the cave. We all pelt the fucker to death with stones and fists.
(+10 Turns of Food = 15 turns of Food)

Our people go back to the forest clearing, and gather everything they left there and return back to base. We have literally hundreds of feet of kelp, if not THOUSANDS. (We've noticed younger kelp is only a few hundred feet tall, and not as large/thick as the older kelp. They may be differing species?) Our people have not seen the "Large" kelp up close.

>2. Gather/Hunt
>3. Attack/Patrol/Defend
>4. Other (Specify)
>>
>>36768182
Does anyone have any opinions on this?

What are your thoughts on the traits? Ideas for any others?
>>
>>36768329
Fashion weapons from the shark teeth?

May as well explore the kelp forest further.
>>
>>36768182
>>36768354
I like them, especially the tortoise

>>36768329
>15 attempt at fortifying the reef
>5 on patrol
>9 researching the floaty powers of kelp
>>
>>36768435
Have any ideas for any races?
>>
>>36768354
It's magical turtles, what do you want me to say?

>>36768329
Crafting: Sharkskin armor, sharkteeth spears. 10
Domesticate turtles: 19
>>
>>36768430
>>36768435
>>36768464
Need a tie breaker ;]
>Guaranteed to: Make shit out of shark
>>
>>36768500
I'll fold, domesticate them turtles, no idea about other races m8 except maybe worm people if that's not a thing already
>>
>>36768559
Like a parasitic worm race?
Otherwise I'd say it belongs in insects (I play insects like zerg.)
>>
>>36768464
>>36768559
While 10 of our people stay at base and start making armor, weapons and tools out of the shark, the rest of our people head out to the great ocean current...

The current travels over head thousands of feet. As our people swim closer to it, and above the fields of plants, and schools of fish we see something catch our eye... A large tail making it's way from behind a large rock formation. We do not make out what the creature was, but it was easily 10x bigger then the shark we killed. Our people continue onward towards the current and notice a small school of turtles slowly nearing us as we get to the current. The turtles appear to be giant in size, one of them easily being as big as our cave. We know now why they were so clearly visible, and see them snapping at us. We narrowly escape from them and swim back towards the fields. The turtles appear to not follow us.

Our people however find something did follow them... A blue jellyfish like creature, slowly fluffing itself after us.

>2. Gather/Hunt
>3. Attack/Patrol/Defend
>4. Other (Specify)
>>
>>36768712
anyone?
>>
>>36768712
Did not see it updating.

Crafting: Keep crafting the shark into TOOLS! (10 people)

Adult time: Exactly what it sounds like, make em babys.
>>
>>36768712
>10 test floaty/ropelike properties of kelp
>5 examine and attempt to find a use for the jellyfish
>10 explore the kelp forest
>4 patrol the base
>>
>>36768919
changing my ten explorers to sexy time
>>
>>36768926
>>36768961
>>36768919
Makes shit easy.

Alright I'll write it up.
>>
>>36769015
Somehow I get the feeling there is only 3 people in this threat.
>>
I'm just lurking, might offer thoughts.
>>
>>36768926
We test out the properties of the kelp... We notice that when it's out of water it turned red, and loses it's floating ability. It also appears to be stronger, and coarse.

The wet kelp (A bluish green) appears to have air bladders in each leaf, giving them the ability to float. We notice that the kelp is fairly strong, able to easily hold two of our bullywugs on it.
We notice that even with two of the bullywugs on it, the kelp still floats upward, very slowly dragging them up.

However when the dry kelp is put in the water it weighs our people down significantly. (1ft of dry kelp = .5 lbs) The kelp appears to stay dry once it turns red, and the leaves become brittle liek that of rock/metal. Both dry and wet kelp leaves can't be torn, but must be cut or pierced.

5 of our people investigate the jellyfish, and notice it isn't really a jellyfish but some kind of slime like creature... It is liquid yet solid>? Our people are perplexed, the creature does not attack them, not does it swim away. It appears friendly.

10 of our people fuck like wild animals while 4 of our people stand guard.
Our people are all armed with Sharkleather armor studded with sharkteeth. And either sharktooth knives, spears, or clubs.

>2. Gather/Hunt
>3. Attack/Patrol/Defend
>4. Other (Specify)
>>
>>36769127
Scout to the WEST
>>
>>36769127
FORGOT TO MENTION THE SLIME CREATURE FOLLOWS U BACK TO BASE.
>>
>>36769127
Slime pet! We shall name it... Slimey.

Crafting: Make red metal kelp. It will make good spear points and knives.(5 people)

Building: Improve upon cave. (14 people)
>>
>>36769127
>10 to the west, bring slime
>the rest gather, dry, and make huts out of kelp
How many do we have now?
>>
>>36769334
>>36769275
>>36769192
Need a tie breaker.

We have 29 people + 1 "Slime"

WARNING
>I WILL BE LEAVING WITHIN THE HOUR.
>>
>>36769486
I think it's confirmed to send 10 to the west
Tooling and building stuff with the kelp is pretty much the same or can be split between the remaining frogs
>>
>>36769486
Folding. Go go scouting.
>>
>>36769535
We send 10 of our people West with the slime following behind...
Our people travel further then before, past the current, and into the unknown. The lands appear to become more dunelike, and sand more common, with areas of large and dense vegation. Our people travel until they see something odd on the horizone... What appears to be a giant crab with what appears to be some kind of structure on its back. It's too far off to get much detail...
Our people noticed along the way that sharks are more and more common out here, and appear to be coming from the SOUTH WEST.
To the NORTH WEST we spot what appears to be a large structure, that resembles something similiar to a city built of towers. We can't tell what it is exactly without getting closer.

(If our people continue forth in any direction other then EAST it will take more then 1 turn to return back to base)

14 of our females are pregnant and will lay eggs next turn. With that said all 14 have stayed at base, along with 4 males. All of them have been hard at work mining out the cave, and make it overall larger, and safer. The ground has been smoothed out more, and we have created some kelp-armor, which appears to be stronger then the sharkleather. But it weighs far more, and limits the speed our people can swim at.

We have 12 turns of food.

>2. Gather/Hunt
>3. Attack/Patrol/Defend
>4. Other (Specify)

WHAT DOES THE SCOUTING GROUP DO?
>>
>>36769652
Scouts will investigate the tower. Who knows, maybe there is magic in there so we can enchant the kelp armor into being lighter and/or give us better swimming sped.

The ones at home can make kelp weapons as the armor is less useful outside of the cave.
>>
>>36769652
>What appears to be a giant crab with what appears to be some kind of structure on its back
J-Jolik?
>>
>>36769652
explore those towers, start using the kelp for weapons and maybe fortify the cave's entrance
>>
>>36769840
>>36769722
We have our people begin working on making kelp weaponry. We come up with many designs, but none stand out like the kelp swords we make. When we smash multiple wet kelp leafs together and let them try out, they form a powerful bond to each other. With a little bit of crafting, we turned them into red swords, though they are fragile they are extremely sharp, and will bend before breaking.

Our scouts travel towards the city of towers, as they start getting closer and closer they discovered it's an entire city made of stone. It appears to have been an upperworld city, and now it's here at the bottom of the ocean. We notice the city is completely deserted of all forms of life as we approach it...

HOW DO WE PROCEED?
>Be very specific and roll a d100 with your post.
>>
>>36769652
Begin construction of a kelp tower of our own.

Won't do not having a tower of our own, we'll look like primitives.
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>36769938
Go low, slowly swimming up the side the crab to enter the city
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>36769938
Cautiously explore buildings in the city clearing them one by one, back home start making kelp buildings
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>36769938
Careful exploration of the city, looking through a few of the buildings. Everyone remains in sight of eachother. There could be predators in here hiding.
>>
>>36769981
We wnt to the city not the crab.

>>36769992
>>36770024
Combining, will write post.
>>
>>36770041
Oh sorry, it said there were structures on the crab and I guess I skipped over the other structures we found. Still wanting to sneak into it.
>>
>>36770041
Our scouts slowly enter the city.. There is clearly streets. The buildings appear to be made of stone, and all of them appear to have open windows/doorways. We explore the first house all together to find it is completely devoid of items, and life. We continue on to the next house to find only one thing in it; a small toy made of metal to resemble a knight. We continue forth to the next house and the next... It isn't until the 23rd house that we find something.
And what we found was startling, the non-existent hairs on our necks stood up on edge as we entered the house. We slowly looked around and noticed something odd, almost an intangible force was here. The shadows were darker, and felt like they were moving... We went to the upstairs, and found a large icon. It appears to be a religious symbol, in the shape of a skulled creature. The skull appears to be elongated, and has large canine teeth. The icon appears tobe roughly 20 pounds, and has a very odd aura about it. Our people are drawn to it like moths to a flame, until we hear something. A scratching sound above us, on the ceiling a large tentacle swoops down at us! It appears to be black like octopus ink, and thicker then our torsos. The oddp art is the tentacle wasn't to a living creature, but to the ceiling!~ Our people narrowly escape the house, to only find the outside many more of these tentacles are appearing from the windows of the houses. (It is dark out) Our people spot a figure in silver far off down the street, as we make our way out of the city. The figure disappears as we slowly leave the city, and into the open ocean.

>2. Gather/Hunt
>3. Attack/Patrol/Defend
>4. Other (Specify)

We can send out scouts back in, otherwise they have to take a turn to return home.
>>
>>36770192
>>36770192
That city is bloody cursed I tell ya'll! We're staying out of it. We should probably check out that purple shit from before however just to see if it wants to eat us, rape us or just kill us.

Those not scouting can remain to improve the cave to be less... cavey.
>>
>>36769753
He has come to spread the holy flame
>>
>>36770340
I'd love to write a reply to only your post, but I don't reply to single posts only.

If we can get a few more replies, or someone agreeing with you I'll write the reply.
>>
>>36770384
We need a crab that size, I want to see that smug gnomes face when it rises from the water at our command. I know we are supposed to be peaceful, but FUCK that gnome.
>>
>>36770340
I'll vote this
>>
>>36770591
We could put it on hold since it seems we're not that many?
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.