[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Erfworld Bk3 Pg122
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
www.erfworld.com

Roll 2d22.

Two of the same number do not count

1: Findamancy
2: Predictamancy
3: Mathamancy
4: Turnamancy
5: Dollamancy
6: Weirdomancy
7: Dirtamancy
8: Changemancy
9: Dittomancy
10: Lookamancy
11: Moneymancy
12: Foolamancy
13: Flower Power
14: Signamancy
15: Date-a-Mancy
16: Shockmancy
17: Croakamancy
18: Hat Magic
19: Carnymancy
20: Rhyme-o-Mancy
21: Luckamancy
22: Healomancy

You are Chief Warlord of a side with these Two types of Casters and a Thinkamancer. How do you use your Linkups?

>>44515267 previous thread
>>
Rolled 6, 12 = 18 (2d22)

>>44567031
New thread, new roll. Hopefully something that synergizes better.
>>
>>44567031
Also Jack seems to be weirded out by Parson's screams. I guess because erfworldes can pretty much heal the next turn they don't really have much of a pain reaction.
>>
>>44567058
>Metamagic
>Illusions
“Hello, Rulers look at your warlord, now back to me, now back at your warlord, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using fliers and switched to caster support, he could see through my illusions. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the warlord your man could lead like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two scrolls for that spell you love. Look again, the tickets are now gemstones! Anything is possible when your warlord has a foolamancer and not natural allies. I’m on a dwagon.
>>
>>44567031
So I guess that was last time Charlie actually tried to get Parson to switch sides.
It will be just assasination attempts from now on.
>>
Rolled 5, 17 = 22 (2d22)

>>44567031
Ehh sure, why not.

As for the comic itself, I think Parson is more-so shocked at how much getting shot hurt, as he's been injured before (burns and cuts/bludgeoning wounds I think). I mean, from what we saw in the 2 seconds or so of the machine gun fire, he had bullet go through both his legs, possibly a knee cap, blow off all the toes on his left foot, pierce through the heel of his right foot, and potentially hit him on the shoulder.

Meanwhile, the GK Archon got hit in the leg, her side (probably wrecking her internal organs), and her arm as she dove to protect Parson from said bullets. Which would've hit him in his stomach, groin, and chest if she didn't do such a dive/body block.
>>
>>44567304
Dollamancy and Croakamancy, eh?

Besides making Thriller happen every time I'm on the battlefield (Croaker for the zombies, Doller for the theatrics/costumes), I get to make cool stuff like robot zombie ninjas and skeletons with whirling blades of death for arms.

Though I suspect most of the Dollamancer's juice would be spent on making neat little gadgets for my main (ie., living) troops and making little bonuses and traps for my towns/strongholds to protect from invasion (or to make any assault a costly one).
>>
>>44567031
>Parson gets lucky
>everything works out in his favor
I'm starting to remember why it wasn't just the weak art and text updates that made me lose interest.
>>
>>44568024
What do you mean by lucky? That he wasn't shot dead on the spot? We'd see if he can get decrypted then I guess.
Keep in mind Lilith was shielding him and pushed him through the portal back.
>>
>>44568024
It's literal luckamancy, or some fate bullshit.
>>
>>44567141

Might also be the guts. Parson's knee and feet were split open with jam leaking everywhere, and Jack sees these things at a higher level. He probably couldn't help but take in the gore all in at once.
>>
>>44568465

> a gun didn't automagically kill someone so it's bullshit
>>
>>44568071
That he was backed into a corner, and only chance got him out of it. Jack cast that baffle with no idea of the result and only the vaguest of hint from Parson, but it managed to fix everything in one go. Parson's back, his side has even more money, along with Lilith plus another archon, Charlie's guns, and of course Charlescomm is now an even greater enemy of the Magic Kingdom.

It just seems too convenient. Especially when it relies on a mistake by Charlie (failing to disarm his ambush) and the archons (failing to spot the baffle when they've seen through foolamancy before).

>>44568465
Probably. That he can't lose just makes it less interesting.
>>
Fate is an immutable aspect of this fictional setting, and it has not been subverted yet

I argued pretty heavily on the erf forums against fate as a concept, but it just goy transformed into 'the various ways people attempt to escape fate' subplot

the real weakness of this comic is not knowing why charlie is such a paranoid play er/a
>>
>>44567141
Parson gets wounded like a normal person, whereas erfworlders can get burned, hacked up or partially dissolved and carry on like nothing because it's just some lost hit points.
>>
>>44567141
They all seem to be disgusted/frightened by the big fat baby crying and squirting blood all over the place because he was shot 5 or 6 times.
>>
>>44569427
In "Book 0" it's revealed he's fated to be killed by the next perfect warlord summoned by the spell he himself invented, everything he does is based around that. Parson is that next perfect warlord.

Ironically, the only reason Parson isn't still having picnics and talking philosophy with Maggie and Jack is Charlie can't stop himself from trying to kill/capture Parson first or endlessly annoying him through instant messages.
>>
Rolled 17, 11 = 28 (2d22)

>>44567031
>>
>>44569893
>17: Croakamancy
>11: Moneymancy

Loved it!
>>
>>44569653
Parson hasn't shown interest in wanting to fight the fate that has been laid out for him, and so it's going to subtly push him into confronting Charlie.

Charlie on the other hand doesn't have a choice. If he ignores Parson, fate will see to it that Parson kills him. Trying to capture or kill him at least gives him a chance to subvert or delay his fate.

Trying to fight it just seems to galvanize Parson against him though, since I doubt he's going to take getting his legs machine gun'd off too well.
>>
>>44569564
>>44569459

It's pretty well established that Erfworlders look like they are made of bacon and don't bleed. Parson's gorishness is weird and gross to erfworlders (and I guess stupidworlders too). Jack is perplexed and seeing something he has never seen before, which is saying something for such a age foolamancer.
>>
Rolled 3, 18 = 21 (2d22)

I'm a little disappointed he swapped back. I felt like playing from a new castle on a new side would be an interesting change of pace, a drastic shift to the series.
>>
>>44569939
What are the Orzhov from Magic: the Gathering?
>>
>>44570132
>Hat Magic + Mathamancy
Tough call as to how it's useful because we have seen very little of each.

Maybe crate hats that allow every one of my warlords to gain natural mathamancy, so they can take all the right engagements?
>>
Rolled 2, 17 = 19 (2d22)

>>44567031
Rollan
>>
>>44570132
Assuming he'd actually be allowed to play. If he's fated to kill Charlie then only killing him and burning the body would be a safe course of action, because even if Parson loyally served him, his actions could lead to his death, like failing to thwart an assasination plot or outright allowing it to pass, unwittingly or not, or something stupid like pouring his morning happy meal over some sensitive electronics.
>>
>>44570252
>Predictamancy
>Croakamancy

Intriguing...
One obvious application would be some pre-cast croakamancy, units uncroaking immediatly when they are slain perhaps.
Very detailed predictions of death would surely be useful.

Otherwise, it's a tricky combination to come up with combos.
>>
>>44570132
It's a shame, because Charlie keeps trying to get him on side rather than resorting to killing him. And I can't imagine the opportunity arising again given how badly this ended.
>>
>>44570355

I dunno, have you seen Final Destination?
>>
>>44570155
>Orzhov from Magic: the Gathering
Are you saying i can be Teysa? Because i like this idea.
>>
Rolled 8, 17 = 25 (2d22)

>>44567031
Might as well give it a shot, let's hope I don't get two that are overly abstract, haven't been covered, or don't mesh.
>>
>>44570381
Parson was destined for The Box for a "Debriefing", same thing Lilith went through. Plus Charlie wanted that Mathmancy bracer which could be used to predict theoretical outcomes.

Doubt he'd put the effort into putting Parson back together after the "Debriefing".
>>
>>44570430
Changemancy + Croakamancy?

Modify the bodies (which are objects rather than beings) before you uncroak them?
Change the nature of un-uncroakable bodies so they can be uncroaked?
Enchanted uncroaked?

Oh yes please.
>>
>>44570386
Hah, good point.
And Machine of Death...

Getting death predictions and using them against your enemy.
Raising an army of immortals with "Disbanded" predictions
>>
>>44570432
Parson is far more useful to him alive.

I think it's more likely he would repeat what he did with Jillian: remove what is driving him to fulfill his fate.

And if Parson doesn't want to be railroaded by the game, I'm not sure that's entirely a bad thing.
>>
>>44568825

Jack is a master class foolamancer, the breakdown in communications is a clear result of the slowness of Charlie's backup Dish connection, and the archons on the guns DID have "kill on sight" orders.
>>
>>44570132
>>44570381
I kinda wonder if Parson chose to turn, knowing the game is going to do its best to prevent him working with Charlie instead of against him.

Though if he hasn't realized it yet, maybe the bloody kneecaps will have clued him in.
>>
>>44570695
Well, would you trust someone you're magically predetermined to kill to mess with your brain in your own interest?
Charlie was functioning quite happily before Parson came along. The least violent thing he could to do him is probably to genuinely unsummon him back to Ohio.

Wanda with her pliers is not even such a threat under Stanley's leadership.
>>
>>44571073
I'm sad that Parson didn't go barbarian for a while. He's shackled to the two worst things in Efworld, Wanda who has invariably made the worse possible decision since she was popped and Stanley who's a retard.
>>
>>44571267

>Parson goes barbarian
>Becomes Tom Bombadil of Erfworld
>>
>>44571094
Is it any worse than all the other natural thinkamancy currently messing with his head? Some of which is explicitly making him work not in his own self-interest, but in the interest of his side?

A chance at free will or a ticket home seems a better choice than he's getting with his current side.
>>
>>44567031
So fate plays Xanatos Speed Chess aggressively the moment it has a opening against charlie?

No wonder Charlie bunker-down so much then
>>
>>44571362
Well yes. Yes it is, because Charlie is the one character whose interest go expressly against Parson's. Trusting Charlie is relying on Charlie's choice to actively fight against fate for benefit of someone else than Charlie when other, easier ways are available.

Parson's best chance barring cheating fate himself is probably the scroll - assuming it does what it says.
>>
>>44571501
>assuming it does what it says
He already forced Charlie to prove it did (and more importantly, how it did).
>>
Rolled 7, 20, 1 = 28 (3d22)

>>44567031
Let's see what Sean Bean is, and figure out what Parson would do with them if Wanda actually does decrypt them.
>>
>>44571862
>>44567031
Findamancer, Dirtamancer, and Rhyme-o-Mancer.

A Findamancer could do all kinds of shit with GK's setup. Imagine a linkup with Ace making scopes or heat-seeking bullets for the weapons, as if these guns weren't OP enough.

A Rhyme-o-Mancer... I honestly don't know what the fuck that does. Was one of the reasons I was looking forward to Dylan Thomas, but that's on potentially indefinite hiatus now that the art crew is rolling again. Maybe he'd get along well with Stanley, help the guy rock out better.

Another Dirtamancer is actually pretty excellent; that's one workhorse of a caster type and having another around is great. That means more fortifications, all day every day. Or, if Parson is right and Dirtamancy is the key to creating ammunition, then that means more bullets for the coming shooting war.
>>
>>44571501
He already tried to use the scroll, fate cobspired to prevent him via burning wood pillar to the head
>>
>>44571651
he did? thats good, when was that?

>>44572251
well fate would not benefit from dead parson any more than it would from parson back home.
>>
>>44572459
A full and detailed explanation of the scroll one of the conditions of the truce with Charlescomm. One of the text pages shortly after confirms it would undo the summoning spell to send him home.
>>
>>44571362

Why would he want to go home? He resents the manipulation, he's not completely on board with the manipulation of sentient beings into being chess pieces, but in the end all he ever wanted was to play a grand strategy game.

To play is to win. What has Charlie ever done to actually win? He just played all sides and cemented a position of comfort, nothing more.

Total world domination, that is the goal. Stanley is a much more useful tool to accomplish that than Charlie, who just wants to preserve the status quo where no one ever really wins.
>>
>>44572906
ah cool, thanks.
>>
Rolled 22, 15 = 37 (2d22)

>>44571378
Charlie kind of brought this on himself. He brought a GK unit into his base when the cease-fire contract was in effect, so he couldn't just shoot her when she went rogue. He tried to do thinkamancy to a decrypted unit, which was an unknown risk especially considering the previously mentioned cease-fire. And he pointed his fancy guns at his own (possibly tampered) portal, fully aware of what it could cost him.

He's also the guy that set up apparently just a single shockamancy power station for his whole tower. That going down when Lilith RPG'd the portal room is what really put the screws to him.
>>
>>44573557
And my caster link up can heal relationships! Maybe you can restore morale to low loyalty units, or repair broken trust.

You still can't make people fall in love, that would be making a new relationship, but you can patch up a romance that's gone bad.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.