[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This Is Not a Waifu Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7
File: qnK9RA4.png (133 KB, 1421x1152) Image search: [Google]
qnK9RA4.png
133 KB, 1421x1152
Good evening/morning everyone.
As announced on my twatter, a new quest begins today. The setting is a 2018 not too different from the world we live in, except for some minor details you will uncover.

As the title says, this is not a waifu quest. It might look like it, but you will soon have to face plot twists and painfully difficult decisions just like in the last quest

For whoever might want it, here's my twitter
https://twitter.com/?lang=en

The quest will start next post. Good luck and have fun!
>>
The tepid morning light gently caresses your face as you slowly begin to wake up.
The bed and the sheets feel warm, a comforting heat that comes from sharing your bed with someone else. You lazily roll on your side, and your gaze meets hers.
Your companion, unlike you, seems to be wide awake. She must have been up for the past 15 minutes or so, patiently waiting for you to join her. Her dark, long black hair and her deep brown eyes seem to contrast with her pale complexion in a way that makes her look almost like a porcelain doll.
“Good morning, Alex”, she says while smiling timidly.
“Good morning”, you respond, getting closer to hug her and kiss her on her forehead. “You know what day it is, right?”
She nods enthusiastically. After being with you for 6 months, according to the recently approved European Laws on Companions, she can be and she must be formally registered as a citizen of your country.
Of course, the debate on companions had been especially difficult both in the national and the European parliament, given that companions aren’t exactly ‘human beings’. One day, one of them might just pop into your life, especially after experiencing heartbreak or love woes in general.
The recognition of companions right is relatively new, and it has its opponents in all those who consider companions not to be entirely human or otherwise detrimental to the fabric of society. Its advocates claim that companions, despite their imaginary nature, are now fully functioning humans, deserving of legal protections and human rights.
Eventually this interpretation came to be more widely accepted, and hence companions, who might be anywhere from 6 to a couple of weeks old but look in their mid-twenties, have now legal capacity.

(1/2)
>>
>>44565052
(2/2)

Your companion slowly gets up, the beautiful curves of her tall and slender figure accentuated by the dark pajamas she’s wearing. There could be no doubt that a body and a face like that might only belong to a companion, given how almost unnaturally perfect they are.
No man could claim that his companion is anything short of his ideal girl.
“I think I will be cooking breakfast. Would you care to join me?”

>”Sure”
>”Actually I would like to check the news, if you don’t mind”
>>
>actually I would like to check the news, if you don't mind
>>
>>44565072

>”Sure”
>>
>>44565072
>”Sure”
Calling it now: Alex is a woman.

>For whoever might want it, here's my twitter
>https://twitter.com/?lang=en
OP, I...
>>
>>44565072
>”Actually I would like to check the news, if you don’t mind”
>>
>>44565307
Oops, sorry. First time using twitter.
here's the real link

https://twitter.com/StorytellerTG

>tie-break

Well I'll be pre-writing until you sort this out
>>
>>44565072
>>”Actually I would like to check the news, if you don’t mind”
Good news, I hope.
>>
So, do we like bone her? Also is she into anal?
>>
>>44565430
>>44565367
>>44565138

"Actually I would like to check the news, if you don't mind"
"Not at all! I will be downstairs, join me when you are ready", she responds, before wearing a robe and leaving the room.

You turn on the tv. The anchorman is discussing some obscure financial news you don't really care about, therefore you stick to reading the short titles on the bottom of the screen.
Iran has beheaded 20 teenagers found guilty of hiding their companions. The UN is debating whether or not to recognize Somaliland officially. Former President Bashar Al-Assad defeated in the elections in Syria. The BRICS countries formally ask USA to disclose more informations about the mysterious events of 2012.

'Fat chance', you think, turning off the television.
You get up from the bed and head for the kitchen. The smell of frying bacon and scrambled eggs gently tantalizes your senses.

"Are we having an American breakfast today?"
"Yes!", says your companion cheerfully. "I've wanted to have some for a while now, and I decided to cook it to celebrate the occasion"
Not like she needed an excuse: your companion is probably one of the most joyous and overall positive person you've ever met.
Today, it's difficult to say why she's happy. It might be because it's her official registration day, because she's gonna eat eggs and bacon, or simply because she's glad to spend the day with you.

You move around the kitchen trying not to be in her way as you make yourself some coffee. You grab yourself a newspaper too, but the disapproving look on her face makes you drop it. 'Maybe later'.

You eat your meal with some bread and mustard, a real must for a true and blue Groninger like yourself. Your companion's cuisine is, as usual, delicious.

You thank her for her meal, and she leaves for the bathroom to get changed.
As you're distractedly scrolling through the newspaper, you hear the bell ringing

>get up and open the door
>pretend you didn't hear
>>
>>44565848
>>pretend you didn't hear
Hide inside with the waifu. It's just like real life!
>>
>>44565848
>>pretend you didn't hear
I ain't letting my morning bubble burst just yet.
>>
>>44565848
I'd like info on her BWH measurements for reasons, QM

>Get the door
>>
>>44565848
>get up and peer through the peephole
Best to check who it is before deciding whether to open up.
>>
>>44565963
We could roll them, actually. I'm more in favor of huge tits though
>>
>>44565848
would rather check who is at the door first before opening the door, otherwise >get up and open the door
>>
>>44566015
I'd rather have a flat chest or at least a medium size.
>>
the twist is that WE are the waifu
>>
>>44566069
What's the UN's policy on loli companions?
>>
>>44565982
>>44565963
>>44566022

Just to stay on the safe side, you decide to check from the peephole.
Standing in front of you there's a man completely dressed in black. He's tall like most dutch people are, his head is bald on top, with short hair on the sides and the back.
He wears a white collar that connect the two flaps of his black shirt, a cross-shaped necklace charm and some pamphlets in his right hand. His left hand holds a briefcase.
>>
>>44566112
I'm a bit confused. No options, QM?
>>
File: nope.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>44566112
>>44566112
pretend you don't hear [the Jehovah witness]
>>
>>44566172
It's just a description of who it is. It's clear you can still decide whether to ignore it or open the door.
>>
>>44565957
>>44566112
>>
>>44566112
Clearly a door-to-door preacher or salesman.

Either pretend no one's at home, or engage in such horrendously loud sex that he can't stand to remain at our doorstep.
>>
>>44566211
Another witness I guess. We didn't have a meeting schedueled if I recall. Lets check our phone or some shit for missed calls from government or something and if we got nothing, lets just ignore the guy. Maybe he is a door to door salesman or some shit, idgaf lol. I got waifu noms to eat.
>>
>>44566112
He looks like an interesting person with important news to share, better answer the door!
>>
File: waifufeels.jpg (483 KB, 1440x2000) Image search: [Google]
waifufeels.jpg
483 KB, 1440x2000
>>44566112
me thinks this quest is gonna end up like pic related (sorry for the feels)
btw pretend you did not hear
>>
btw Storyteller has gone for dinner so be patient
>>
>>44566573
Great. I'm a drawfag and I asked about her BWH before lol. With that info and this: >Her dark, long black hair and her deep brown eyes seem to contrast with her pale complexion in a way that makes her look almost like a porcelain doll. (from >>44565052) I can draw the companion, but I need the info.
>>
>>44566573
Thanks hanafriend.

Seems like the general consensus is against opening the door.

'Oh for crying out loud', you think to yourself.
'Not another of those guys. Want to have a discussion? I can have a discussion with myself right now and already know all you have to tell me. Only God has the power to create, think of your future, she'll be endlessly young and beautiful and you will be ugly, what if she cheats on you, she won't follow you to your immortal life because she has no soul, blah blah blah. There, done.'
The man rings again, leaning closer to the door, almost trying to detect new noise.
'Begone already, you never even experienced romantic love, how do you presume you can teach me?'

Almost as if he heard you, the priest goes away. You breathe a deep sigh of relief, and head for the bedroom. Your companion is there, half-naked, covered only by her underwear.
"It appears that I arrived too late", you jest.
She laughs. "Don't worry, you'll have your chance later tonight".
"I am going to hold you to that promise!"
She smiles sincerely at you, then she turns serious.
"Hey Alexander". She rarely uses your full name, and you ponder if something's the matter.
"What is it, darling?"
"I would like to learn to drive. After I am registered, I mean".
You hum pensively, thinking of how much driving lessons might cost. You realize you can probably afford it, and it'd be a nice present for her.
"Sure, I don't see why not. But I can't afford a car just yet", you say apologetically.
"That's no problem, I can wait. I just really really want to learn to drive!"
"Alright, alright. Let's register first, shall we? Then I will sign you up to a driving school".
She dives into your arms hugging you tightly.
"Thank you thank you thank you!"
"Calm down, calm down! We have to get ready to leave".

You take a quick shower and wear something a bit more formal for the appointment.
Your companion is wearing a semi-formal attire, a long blue dress and a white jacket.

(1/2)
>>
>>44567082
(2/2)

The weather outside is sunny and warm, and the air outside is pleasant. As you walk through Haddingestraat, you try to dodge the inquisitive looks of the prostitutes in their shops. The arrival of companions quickly made them obsolete, so it's safe to assume they might not like you.
What's even worse though, is the sit-in taking place at the crossway between Haddingestraat and Herestraat. Looks like a feminist movement is campaigning against "The new form of slavery: companionship"

>try to dodge them
>confront them
>>
>>44567095
>>try to dodge them
Ignore feminists
Do not talk to feminists
Don't even look at them
>>
File: O_O.png (383 KB, 673x885) Image search: [Google]
O_O.png
383 KB, 673x885
>>44567095
definitely try and dodge, sometimes discretion is the better part of valour
>>
>>44567095
I fucking love this quest. I've never followed a quest before but I think I will follow this one, hot damn.

Dodge them, we got better things to do, really.
>>
>>44567118
>>44567116
>
>>44567156
ah christ i just looked up the place on google maps, there doesn't seem to be a way to dodge them unless they turn back and take the very long route around
>>
>>44567095
>dodge them

I just know it in my heart that this quest will turn fucking grimdark sooner or later.
>>
>>44567177

I hope we're not being RAILROADED here then

right

right
>>
>>44567177
If we can't dodge them, ignore them.
Do NOT engage. Let them bleed all over themselves, or whatever feminists do.
>>
>>44567095
I wonder if robo-husbandos exist.
I mean, it would make perfect sense.
>>
quick question, do these companions have any abilities/physical advantages over normal humans?
(e.g. greater strength/speed/toughness than the average human?)
>>
>>44567204
I never railroad.

Pulling your companion closer to you, you give her a meaningful look, as if to remind her of the talks you had in the past.
'Those are the enemies, they don't want us together'.
She seems to understand, and leads you away.
She turns back into Guldenstraat, then she proceeds forward towards Tussem Beide Markten, and finally you're in Waagstraat, pretty close to your final destination: the city hall.

She smiles at you confidently, as if to boast.
"Okay okay, that was clever of you. Now tell me smarty-pants, what's your name gonna be?"
She grabs her chin pensively. "I like names with A's. Like Aoife. Or Aino"
"But neither of those names is Dutch. Or Gronings, for that matter"
"Yeah, but I am not either. So I thought, why not just pick what I want?"
You can't help laughing at her carefree attitude, but she frowns, probably misunderstanding the situation.
Before you can apologize and explain yourself, you reach your destination.
The waiting room is almost empty, so you quietly take a sit next to your companion and wait for your turn. She grabs some health magazine, while you check your smartphone.
Sooner than you realize, it's your turn.
You leave the waiting room to sit at the registration desk with your companion. The clerk is a middle-aged oversized woman with short red hair. She seems to have a look of disgust and contempt on her face all through your meeting. Finally you're released with a piece of paper that certifies that you companion is indeed a human being.

(1/2)
>>
>>44567551
>The clerk is a middle-aged oversized woman with short red hair.
Feminist infiltrators!
>>
>>44567551

"At long last!" You exclaim.
"What is it", she asks
"Well was it just me or that clerk was simply unbearable? What's with her look of disapproval? What's these people's problem? Anyway, I am just glad it's done".
She hugs you as to comfort you, then she grabs both your hands and places herself in front of you, looking at you with an air of mischief.
"Do you haaaave to go to work?"
"Well, er, yes, you know, my colleagues need help with the research paper..."
"Oh come on", she pouts. "Take the day off! We'll have fun together, we can go around the city! Just today, to celebrate!"
'Of course', you think. 'To celebrate. She always has a good reason to'.

>Give in
>go to work

[sorry for the delay on this boys, what I had written got deleted and I had to rewrite it]
>>
>>44567603 better go to work
if you pull some 'Taken' (the film) shit i will be pissed
>>
>>44567551
>She seems to have a look of disgust and contempt on her face all through your meeting.
How did she even get the job?

>>44567651
>go to work
Need to work to pay the bills.
>>
>>44567692
she's gonna get kidnapped i bet
better give in and stay with her i say
>>
>>44567651
Gö to werk
>>
>>44567692
>Feminist terrorists have kidnapped your waifu. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue her?
I want this to happen
>>
File: kenji.png (62 KB, 196x200) Image search: [Google]
kenji.png
62 KB, 196x200
>>44567735
it does sound awesome but think of the grim-dark potential that could happen
>rape
>>
>>44567692
More like someone broke into our home and "killed" our waifu. Revenge Quest is a go.
>>
>>44567789
nah i don't think that would happen, would ruin the story in my opinion
still waiting for an answer to this >>44567356
though so it may be that she can't be killed so easily
>>
>>44567774
>kenji
My man.

"I am sorry sweetheart. I really need to go".
Your companion looks dejected.
"Ok then". She quickly regains her bright mood. "I will wait until you're back. But! You will have to make up for this. We're visiting the Martini Tower tomorrow, and you will take me for a walk this evening."
"Seems reasonable to me". You lean in to kiss her. She kisses you back and gives you one last kiss.
"Oh, and don't forget I have a name now. So I want you to call me that all the time!"
She waves at you and leaves.
'Aloyse. What an hipster name she had to pick', you think to yourself.

You head to the university first and then to your office. You share it with two colleagues you're working with: Jasper and Michiel.
You have a better relation with Michiel overall, as you both have a companion, while Jasper is surely the most capable of you three.

You used to be much closer with Michiel, but you start moving away for some reason. You can't exactly explain why, but being near Michiel gives you a headache. Not that he's an unpleasant guy to be with, in fact, you have no rational explanation for it. It just happens and you had to deal with it.

Before you realize, it's time to go home. Jasper is the first to leave, and you can hardly fault him for how hard he worked.
You start assembling your papers and your stuff, and you're about to go out, but you see Michiel still sitting, deep in his thoughts, his hands around his head.
He looks rather bothered, and he's hardly the guy to ask for help or express his feelings.

Maybe something's been troubling him, and he had no one to talk to since you two started growing apart. It might be a good moment to help a friend out

>Talk to him
>Ignore him
>>
>>44567993
gut instinct is telling me to ignore him
>>
>>44567993
>Talk to Him
Never leave your friends in the mud. If he says it's nothing, then no point pressing it.
>>
>>44567993
>>Talk to him
Guys like us have to stick together.
>>
>>44568132
>>44568048
sometimes your instinct sends messages to warn you about something, in this case the headaches when near michiel
i would ignore him this time
>>
>>44568172
And sometimes your instincts are wrong.
>>
>>44567993
I bet our waifu is not what she seems.
>>
>>44568172
And sometimes it's magic companion bullshit that needs to be investigated.
>>
File: vHWMKat.gif (1 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
vHWMKat.gif
1 MB, 720x405
>>44567993
Talk to him

The options so far have been:

>"DO THE THING"
>"DONT DO THE THING"

Open the door to the guy or not, engage the feminists or not, go to work or not, talk to the friend or not.

QM pls
>>
You pretend to go back to your desk to fetch something, then your eyes meet with Michiel's.
It's your turn to make a move. You smile politely to him and he returns the smile, albeit somewhat in pain.
"So Michiel, how are things?"
"Fine, I guess...?"
"You don't sound very convinced", you say, a worried look on your face. "You can talk with me, if you need help"
"Ah Alex, it's such a weird thing I don't even know how to begin to explain"
"Well, start from the beginning"
Michiel laughs. "Good point. Well it's not like I am sad, or anything. I just feel I am done."
"Done with what?"
He shrugs. "Life, in general. I achieved what I wanted to achieve, done what I wanted to do. I was never the kind of man to want kids. I am afraid my days will simply be all the same until the end of it. And I know it's horrible to say, but maybe this wouldn't have occurred if I hadn't found my companion"
"You mean Jeanne?"
"Yeah. I mean, she made me the happiest man in the world. I still am the happiest man in the world. But I just feel like I have nothing else to struggle for".
You reach for your forehead, as the unpleasant feel of a migraine coming up starts lingering behind your right eye.
"Perhaps I am just ungrateful. And tired of dealing with my parents. They have all sorts of crazy conspiracy theories about companions killing their lovers. Do you know that not one single trial against a companion found her guilty of murder?"
You nod.
"Anyway, thanks for listening to me rambling. We should grab something sometimes!"
"Sure, let's keep in touch. Have a good evening".

(1/2)
>>
>>44568799
(2/2)
Your companion greets you home with a tight hug. You kiss her and then head for the bathroom, covertly taking some medications not to worry her too much. You can feel the migraine getting worse, and you struggle to come to terms with the fact that talking with Michiel makes your head hurt. He's not unpleasant to be with, so what's the deal with that? Maybe some sub-conscious feel of hate?
That's highly unlikely. You should know, psychology is your job.

You get back to the kitchen to find the table set up with appetizers such as cheese cubes and salami slices, as well as with different kinds of bread. You reach for a piece of sweet black bread and quickly finish it, just now realizing the hunger you had built up.
She's cooked your favorite for dinner: mustard soup. You slurp it down, enjoying the rich flavor coming from the mix of ingredients.
You see your companion looking at you expectantly.
'Oh right, the walk. I almost forgot'

>Propose to go for a walk
>>Propose to go around the canals
>>Propose to go to the main square
>Propose to stay home and watch a movie together
>>
>>44568832
>>>Propose to go around the canals
She wanted to see the city, right?
>>
>>44568832

>Stay home and movie

ifyouknowwhatImean
>>
>>44568832
>>Propose to go around the canals
>>
>>44568832
>>44568832
go to the main square
£5 says feminists
>>
>>44568832
>mustard soup
That's some real shit-taste.
>>
>>44568921
>>44568858

Seems to be the majority here.

You smile at Aloyse. "So, darling, I've promised you a walk today"
Her face changes and it seems to portray the utmost happiness. She rushes to the bedroom to grab a jacket and then opens the door, waiting for you at the exit.
You get up shaking your head in disbelief.
"You sure are eager! What's with you and walks?"
"Oh it's just such a nice day outside, I think it'd be a shame if we were to miss the opportunity to see the city by the evening".
You slowly get up and head through the door.

The air outside is tepid, with a chill breeze that makes it even more enjoyable.
"I was thinking of heading to the canals", you say.
"Sure", she replies.
You head to the left to Folkingestraat, and make your way through the narrow streets that lead to the canal A.
Finally you arrive to Brugstraat, and turn right to Hooge der A. You follow the canal all around in a semi-circular fashion until you reach the bridge by Turfsingel. There, you see something that makes you freeze.
Michiel is running towards Binnenstad-Oost, seemingly without a reason. Your companion piques your hesitation.

"What is going on, darling?"

Maybe she doesn't need to know. Maybe you don't need to tell. Maybe he's just late. Why is your headache getting worse?
You've never seen him running before, and his house is on the opposite side of the city. There's definitely something going on here.

>Follow him
>Ask for your companion's advice
>Ignore the entire thing and continue your walk
>>
>>44569505
>Tell Aloyse to go home and follow him
>>
>>44569505
ask for advice
>>
>>44569505
>Follow him

Bring companion.
>>
>>44569505

>ignore
>>
>>44569505
>Follow him
>>
>>44569817
>>44569714

Narrowly the majority.

"Alex? What's going on?"
"Follow me!", you shout, as you head for Nieuwe Sint Jansstraat
Your friend seems to be going in the direction of the hospital, and your suspects start to dwindle. You're about to stop and apologize to your companion, when you see Michiel pressing on and missing the hospital's entrance.

You step up the pace to keep up with him, after he turns left to Petrus Campersingel, and then straight onto H.A. Kooijkerplein.
Is he heading to the park?
Aloyse seems worried, but she's following you for now. You feel something moving in the trees on the sides of road, but you're too focused in your pursuit to stop. Besides, the headache is growing stronger and stronger.
As you cross the bridge, you're getting weaker and weaker. Then, at the first crossway, you simply collapse.

You regain consciousness what you feel might have been minutes. Your companion is looking over you, slapping you gently to get you to wake up.
You gasp for air desperately, and before it's wise, you stand up and try to give chase.
Suddenly, Aloyse's hands clasp around your shoulders.
"Alexander" your full name again. "Where are we going?"
You turn to her with a distressed look on your face.
"I can't tell now. But my friend is in danger, I know for sure".
You escape her grip and continue forward. He might have gone anywhere at this point, and trying your luck, you take a deviation on the left to Kaprooslaan.
The road is closed though, and it brings you to the main road again. You hear some gun shots in the park, and start running in that direction.

The east park isn't a nice place in the evening, and if Michiel isn't here, you're risking your life.

(1/2)
>>
>>44570162
Before you know it, you reach the pond. At the edge of it, Michiel lays dead on a side.
A guy completely clad in black leather with a smoking gun stands next to him. He seems to be wearing a badge on his right shoulder: a white sword with 6 white circles around it, on a black background.
He slowly turns his gaze to you, and fear overcomes you.

>Talk with him
>Run away
>Attack him
>>
>>44570201

>Attack him
>>
File: THE_FUN_STOPS_HERE.png (89 KB, 330x328) Image search: [Google]
THE_FUN_STOPS_HERE.png
89 KB, 330x328
>>44570256
are you crazy, without a weapon?
best to talk with him as he could shoot you if you run
>>
>>44570201
>>Run away
Since we don't recognize the meaning of the badge and we're unarmed, let's run.
>>
>>44570288

QM, stop fucking with us and pretending to be an anon.
>>
>>44570201
Attack him
>>
>>44570391
I swear that's not me
>>
>>44570413
i'm not storyteller, seriously
>>
>>44570201
>>Attack him
Good old fisticuffs are all we need to defend our waifu.
>>
>>44570201

Attack the motherfuck
>>
>>44570457
>>44570511
>>44570400
>>44570256

You sure like to fight

You feel fear turn into mad rage as you mindlessly charge at him.
Your speed increases also thanks to you running downhill, and as you advance toward the potential murderer of Michiel, you take a good look at him. He's tall, with long dark black hair, small and hateful hollowed eyes, a pointy chin and a hooked nose, and a grim determined expression on his face. You pull your fist back and attempt to punch him, but he effortlessly blocks you.
"What are you doing? I am not the enemy!" he says harshly.
With your free hand, you punch him in the stomach.
"What for?", he asks, with a rather clear british accent. He hits your stomach with the butt of the gun, and the pain has you bent on the grass, giving your back to the mysterious guy.
"Now we're even", he states calmly. "You must be the guy Rose told me about. Listen, I know you have headaches when talking with Michiel... well, more like, had. But it's not him, it's his..."
Something growls behind you, and you can hear the noise of struggle.
You slowly get up and turn around, only to see the guy down on the floor, trying to keep some sort of anthropomorphic beast away from his face.
It seems like the beast is dressed like a woman, with a short blonde mane.
However, it looks nothing like a woman. It is hairy and its skin is grey.
"Help me will you?", he says.
You notice he's lost his gun, which now lies a few meters away from him. You rush to grab it and point it against the beast. Your hands tremble in fear, and the beast slowly turns to you, recognizing you as the biggest threat.

Its face is grey and twisted in an expression of hate, while its eyes are large and yellow. The mouth is small and filled with sharp and crooked yellow teeth. Even its gums are sickly green, giving the creature an hellish touch.
It leaps against you, and at that point you pull the trigger.
The beast lies down, not dead but definitely dying.

(1/2)
>>
>>44570835
The mysterious guy gets up and tries to dust off its clothes.
"The gun, please" he asks. "I am not going to shoot you. I didn't shoot Michiel. This creature killed him. Hand me the gun and let me kill it".

>hand it in
>refuse to hand it
>Propose to do it yourself
>"I want to ask you something first" [write-in]
>>
>>44570886
propose to do it yourself
>>
>>44570835
>>44570886
Yay no rolls. WE'RE INVINCIBLE, BOYS.

>"I want to ask you something first"
>"Who the fuck are you"
>>
>>44570914
To be honest I hardly do rolls in my quests.
If you get shanked, you get shanked because of poor decisions, not because luck.
>>
>>44570910
>>44570914

Shall I wait for more or go with a combination of these?
>>
>>44571274
let's have the best of both worlds
>>
>>44571274
Combo
>>
>>44570914
This, shooting it ourselves seems stupid and pointless
>>
>>44571290
>>44571296

You grab the gun tightly with both your hands.
"You won't be off the hook so easily. Who are you? What the fuck is this? What's going on?"
"I have no time to answer your questions! That thing is still alive!"
"Fine then!", you shout, exasperated. "I will kill it myself."
You point the gun at the creature's head and shoot twice.
You kick its arm, which seems unresponsive. Blue blood starts flowing from the creature's pierced head.
You roll it on the back, and shoot through the heart too.
"Careful, bullets are noisy. And expensive".
"Double tap. It's a trick I learned on a movie. Always make sure that the creature is dead".
"Oh that thing is deader than a roadkill dog. Too bad everybody around will know".
You slowly point the gun at the guy again.
"Time for answers now. Who are you and what business do you have with Michiel?"
"I have no business with him. He was being attacked and I tried to help him. However our reason for being here is you"
"Me?"
"Yes. You can detect Companions before the turn into Omens".
"What's an Omen?"
The guy points at the carcass at your feet.
"That's a dead one".
Then he raises his eyebrow, turns around and points at something behind you.
"And that's a living one. The more, the merrier, right?"
You turn around to see a grey creature with a monstrous face, dark long hair and a familiar dress standing the uphill ground where you used to stand just earlier.
"That can't be..."
The creature hisses, its fingers and its long black nails pointed at you.
"It was a matter of time, really. Hand me the gun, I will kill this one"
"NO! That's my... That can't be..."
"Look it's hard for everyone, but we have no time. Just give me the goddamn gun"

>try to talk with the Omen
>Shoot the Omen
>Pass the gun to the mysterious guy
>>
>>44571611

>Talk to the Omen

Tell me your shizzle.
>>
>>44571611
Shoot the omen, we can apply for another companion later
>>
>>44571611
talk to the omen
>>
>>44571611
>Talk to the Omen

Pretty goddamn trigger happy for a psychologist or whatever we are
>>
>>44571645
>>44571722
>>44571751
To be fair he only used it as a mean of deterrence, and well, to kill the strange monster. I mean wouldn't most people do the same?

"There must be another way... Aloyse, my love, my darling... it's me... you can recognize me, can't you? We've been together half a year. Half a year!"
The creature crouches and hisses at you again.
"See? It's working. I just need to talk to her until she regains consciousness"
"I am sorry, you have to deal with the fact that she's not coming back".
"Would you look at that? She's sitting there listening to me. She might get better"
"No she isn't. She's about to jump on you"
"What are you..."
You don't have time to finish the sentence. Your companion jumps at you, holding you down by the arms.
Her face is mere centimeters away from yours.
Suddenly, she growls and throws her head back. The mysterious guy has stabbed her in the back, and now the Omen is standing up in between him and you.
"Predictable as clockwork".
He's holding a rather large knife with a black handle, finely decorated.
"Now do me a favor and shoot it"
You barely have the time to get up, as the creature lunges forward against the human who stabbed it.
The Omen swipes its claws at the leather-clad man, who expertly dodges the long black nails and once more stabs the creature, this time in its hand.
Another shriek of pain comes from the Omen, as the guy plants the knife deeper into the hand and moves away to reach you and stand by your side.
The creature cries in pain as it holds his wrist, pure rage burning in its eyes.
"Shoot it yourself or give me the gun", the man says imperatively.
You point the gun and fire twice, warm tears flowing from your eyes.

(1/2)
>>
>>44572136

The creature winces in pain and collapses on the ground, twitching.
You hand the gun to the man in black, who refuses it with a gesture of his hand.
"What? You wanted this all evening, now why won't you take it?"
"You have to finish her off yourself"
"I can't"
"Yes you can. You shot another earlier. You shot it earlier. You have to end what you've started"
"I didn't start anything, I was enjoying a walk with my companion, I didn't want any of this!"
"You didn't, but it was unavoidable. You have to finish the creature".
You take a deep breath. Even if you don't do it, he will do it. There's no way to save Aloyse.
You move forward and shoot the creature in its head.
The twitching finishes, and you kneel on the floor crying your eyes out.
Thus ends the happiest time of your life.
After minutes that feel like hours, you feel the man's hand on your shoulder.
You slowly take your hands away from your face to see him smile at you. He is reaching out to you, and you grab his hand to pull yourself up.
He places it back on your shoulder.

"That was brave of you".
"Thank you. I wish I didn't have to do this"
"I know how you feel. Oh, and one more thing"
"Yes?"
He hands you a patch just like the one he wears on his right shoulder.
"Welcome to the Order of the Knights of Flowers"
==================

Thank you everyone.
Extremely high participation today, higher than any other quest I hosted.
>>
>>44572260
Thanks OP! Fun quest so far, I like the euro modern setting
>>
>>44572316
if you're the hanafriend there was no need to tell me on here too. Otherwise ignore this and take it as my sincerest gratitude for your appreciation of my work
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.