[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekend Sessions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
How was everyone's sessions this weekend?

>Be Semi decent with TableTop games, nothing special did a few homebrews and some Pathfinder in the past.
>Girlfriend (this would be her first time) and her Co-Workers all want to go to a gamer pub for some D&D 5e
>Current Group i'm with recntly broke off since our GM joined the military.
>First Session was Saturday Night. I arrive early to get to know her co-workers before the game begins.
>GM is a chill guy who is married to the only other female of the group
>Wife of GM who i know he will probably favor what she does.
>Scrawny guy who has never roleplayed before. Know that he has a hard crush on the Gf but is to Beta to act on it.
>BeardBro who is in the same ship as Scrawny guy in experience
cont.
>>
>Gf finally arrives and the game begins. Characters get introduced.
>Beta is a Drow Rouge that is a Sailor
>BeardBro is a Draconic Cleric
>Wife is a Half-Orc Paladin
>Gf follows up with Gnome Fighter
>mfw i'm the only one with a normal class as Human Ranger.
>mfw everyone does not know what to do or how to roleplay, leave myself and the Wife with the only experience in the party.
>Both of us have to play sidelines basically the whole session so the other three can learn.
>Our rouge keeps fucking up his roles and placing the group in Danger
>Cleric as to stay close to heal the Paladin almost all the time because of Rouge's fuck-ups
>Gf's character gets mad at me because i'm the only one doing things right and not getting hurt.
cont.
>>
>Session ends with almost the whole group getting fucked over because the Drow Sailor (who is drunk most of the time) puts us in a bad position.

tl;dr - Gf invites me to a group that has almost no experience and forced to see all my hardwork get fucked up by some Beta, although ever else is chill
>>
>>44558023
>>44558116
>>44558200
So... you're mad that people who were new didn't know what they were doing?
>>
>>44558239
Nope, not mad. Actually hoping to see where this group leads, and to not take this group seriously at the moment.
>>
>>44558023
>>44558116
Is that a legit class? Playing as the physical manifestation of a colour, as a class?

Although, I thought drows were generally greyish or really dark shaded blue, not rouge. But then, the whole group picked odd characters, so there's that.
>>
>>44558345
Maybe he's focusing on the eye color, which is often described as glowing some shade of red.
>>
>>44558407
Right! It could also be referring to lipstick or even just normal lips (are drow lips the same as normal lips?).

This mystery is one step closer to being solved.
>>
>>44558431
>are drow lips the same as normal lips?
I think they tend to be more of a purplish color.
>>
A pretty comfy cozy game and continuation of the game before new years. Only me and one player showed up, so the DM basically had us acting as roommates over the new year in-game. It was pretty cool and we got to learn a lot about each others' characters and I learned a lot about the setting of the game.

The game this weekend was still just the two of us, working together to track the actions of an antagonist that has kept eluding us and kind of played out like a detective noir for a bit which was cool. Ended up leading to a pretty personal place for the other character, and some more interaction and potential foreshadowing.
>>
>>44558431
What you have is a wild elf believing it means the same as dhaerow and it doesn't. It seems the dice understand this.
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 900x873) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 900x873
When running a game including the Inquisition would standard DnD interface with the group objectives?
>>
None, "we be demons" campaigns on hiatus in favour of Shadowrun ( which I don't participate in ).
Today's PF ( Legacy of Fire ).
I did try to setup day for 5e adventure during weekend.
>>
>>44558023
>ran my first game
>totally new system
>kept it simple
>designed a world, a few enemy types in each dungeon, and a boss
>4 new players
>pick up relatively quickly (it took about 20 minutes for them to get the hand of speaking in character and indicating action)
>they all loved the setting and the combat and are already getting on my ass about getting another one together

I am permanent GM now
>>
I play a campaign with a friend playing a 1 man adventure, plays as a Dragonborn druid who is part of a nomadic tribe. (In this setting most dragonborn are nomads).

He finished up his current "quest" gathering a stone pylon and tablet for story reasons, and introduced him to his next step in the journey. He is currently on the trail of a werewolf and is going to have to search around a small port town to figure out who the werewolf is.

It's good fun.
>>
Pretty good.
>Third session with this group, like them a lot, we get along and RP well together
>Consists of me, my s/o, a friend we played with in our previous game, and the DM's favorite player of his from before we met us
>Session started a few hours late because DM ran late, but not a big deal
>Didn't get much done in-game, but it was fun
>Bard got caught fucking a fey in the library while supposed to be researching
>Occultist whose curse is rage almost kills him because LIBRARY SEX IS INDECENT
>session ends when we're about to actually go do something because now it's late
>Stay up until 3am talking to each other and having fun anyway but don't play because "nah i'm going to sleep any minute now" (nobody did, having too much fun

all around bro-tier group
>>
>>44558023
>How was everyone's sessions this weekend?
Okay-ish.
>buy new house for base
>try to acquire fortifications
>party face fucks up and gets hung up on for sounding like a total nutjob
>poke around the cellar, find bunker door
>fail to pry it open, get workers to help
>workers leave
>party investigator guy runs in
>"Okay, everyone roll save against shock"
>OhBoyHereWeGo.exe
>hear a shrill scream coming from inside
>follow after him
>"everyone, roll your saves"
>HERE.WE.GO.webm.avi.exe
>find chimeric creature made of multiple people's organs
>attacks party medic
>try to save party medic
>massive firefight breaks out as everyone scrambles to shoot the various parts of the thing
>manage to pry one flesh tentacle off of the party medic
>attaches to me and burrows into my arm
>rest of party puts down most of the creature
>fail my save against freaking the fuck out
>party needs to hold me down, medic begins surgery
>lose increasing amount of blood, still freaking out
>one turn away from bleeding out
>go into shock
>medic saves me at the last minute

All in all, it was pretty fun.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.