[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Restarting Warhammer 40000
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160103_222821144.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160103_222821144.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
Nìcola Šekularac, [03.01.16 22:55]
Hi everyone, I used to play to wh40k with the 5th ed and at the beginning of the 6th I had to stop (me and my mates had less time to play and to be informed with the "news")
I know that there has been even a 7th ed, so I ask you: what should I know before restarting? what has changed most? Any tip/advice?
Pic related, my first codex and first box of minis
>>
>>44548390
>Italian
>Not making a Space Marine Chapter based on the Order of the Holy Sepulchre

YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB
>>
You should know that while the game has never been balanced, I'd say it has never been as unbalanced as it is now. Some armies are ridiculously powerful (Eldar, Tau, Necrons etc.) and some armies are just fucking terrible (Orks, CSM and DE good examples of this).

Here's an overview of the seventh edition and what has changed and what hasn't:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000_7th_edition

Imperial Guard is now called "Astra Militarum" because GW is run by apes who love trademarking everything and they couldn't trademark Imperial Guard. Luckily for you, if you continue playing with them, they are pretty good in this edition but not OP.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Imperial_Guard(7E)
>>
>>44548509
When I started playing we had already three Space marines players, I picked the Guard and I liked it

Nice idea for an army though
>>
>>44548581
Thanks!
I knew about the "astra militarum" thing but there's nothing GW can do to stop me calling it Imperial Guard, none of GW's fake latin names can compare
>>
>>44548685
>>44548581

They are still called the imperial guard. The first page of the codex calls them that.
>>
>>44548755
Good to know, I really don't know what GW finds cool in pseudo latin names
Astra Militarum it is supposed to mean exactly "stars of the armies", not "armies of the stars", the correct form is Milites Astrorum
>>
>>44548390
>Nìcola Šukal-something
herehe
>>
>>44548928
My bad
>>
>>44548898
By making them stupid and not actually what they should be, they're more easily trademarked.
And it's all about the trademark.
>>
>>44548390
>not writing 40k
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.