[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: Fyreslayer.jpg (64 KB, 640x367) Image search: [Google]
Fyreslayer.jpg
64 KB, 640x367
>>resources
pastebin.com/9JtJviaU

You can't stop fyreslayer edition

via Archibald_TK @ Warseer

"Fyreslayers Hearthguard (5 miniatures) - 33€ 25£ 40$
Slayers with shorter beards with what looks like shooting weapons, greataxes or some sort of flail halberd.

Fyreslayer Vulkite Berserkers (10 miniatures) - 45€ 35£ 60$
Slayers with dual axes, or a bladed shield coupled with an axe or pickaxe.

Fyreslayer Auric Runemaster (1 model) 23€ 18£ 30$
This is not the one we saw on the sprue, that one carries some sort of brazero staff and he... he... he has no mustache!

SURPRISE! The WD shows the models that have yet to be released everywhere. I find the new giant salamander to be absolutely gorgeous. IMO in term of design they take models like the slaughterbrute, break them in half, throw the parts into an incinerator and bury the ashes 3 feet under.

For those wondering, Fyreslayers use the Ur-Gold to create runes over their own body. I have no time to actually read the WD but I'll come back later if there is anything interesting. I think that army design is a success."
>>
File: Grimnir vs Vulcatrix.jpg (908 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Grimnir vs Vulcatrix.jpg
908 KB, 2048x1536
A few more nuggets of info from the WD:
- Fyreslayers are born from the fight between Grimnir and Vulcatrix.
- Fyreslayers believe that in Ur-Gold resides the essence of Grimnir, their shattered God.
- Ur-Gold is magical. There is a funny rule when you play a Runemaster where your opponent chooses one of his units as carrying some gold, and thanks to it said unit can reroll all 1 to wound. But better not let the Runemaster get close enough and realize you are carrying the gold or the Fyreslayers will go all chop chop on you.
- When they insert Ur-Gold runes in their flesh, their God's energy starts flowing through their vein. This lead to things like being surrounded by flames, striking harder, more resilient skin (I suppose that's why they have 5+ save).

This is how each of their chapters is organized:
- Chapter mast.. no wait what am I saying? I mean Auric Runefather.
- Below that is the Auric Runemaster (the one in the WD)
- Auric Runesmiters
- Grimwrath Berzerkers
- Auric Runesons
- Hearthguard Berzerkers and Auric Hearthguard (the ones in the WD)
- Battlesmiths
- Vulkite Berzerkers (the ones in the WD)
>>
File: 20160102_211918.jpg (7 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160102_211918.jpg
7 MB, 5312x2988
>>
>>44535618
What a tease
>>
>>44535618
Even in that epic display, only a few varanguard are present
>cause they so fucking overpriced
>>
>>44535598
I'm generally not much for image macros, but this is very appropriate to how I feel on this. $50 is saved up for the battletome!

I love that whole grimnir and use of ur-gold angle! This is so cool. Can't wait to see the actual minis.
>>
File: 1451725099844.gif (3 MB, 200x170) Image search: [Google]
1451725099844.gif
3 MB, 200x170
Okay, I'm gonna be late to the party here. First time on /tg/

I stopped playing warhammer roughly ten years ago. Went to College, had to move on from the hobby. Put my Empire army in my basement.

Started playing video games. Didn't care for tabletop games.

Total war: Warhammer has got me wanting to play again.

Imagine my face when I went into a games-workshop for the first time in 8 years.

I'm not joking you guys. I honestly just found out about this shit today.

>mfw the games-workshop guy was explaining to me that fantasy warhammer now uses the round bases

I also see they brought space marines into fantasy. LOL! Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>44536167
>not surprised

Glad that college education is working out for you.

You played AoS yet?
>>
>>44536167
>Total War:

>Baithammer
>>
>new starter boxes
>you actually save money with them
>chaos chaos chaos

Suffering. Really hope the other armies get some as well.
>>
>>44536240
After reading up on it, most likely not. I'm absolutely gutted to hear what games-workshop has done to WFB.

Why did they take point costs out of the game? What's to stop opponents from fielding vastly larger armies than yours?
>>
>>44535909
Has anyone actually purchased some?

What's the kit like?

I... just can't see the price justification even with 20% off.

>especially with 20% off

I just wanted to finish my skullcrusher on thunderwolf cavalry after a year of waiting for new chaos bits

Woetide.
>>
>>44536317
i'm tempted to start a spirit host after this though...
>>
>>44536497
Ye, the vampires one is nice. But why did they have to release WoC, Khorne and fucking Nurgle boxes? Do they sell that well?
>>
>>44536569

I guess they are only few of the factions with viable battle tomes out
>>
So are there any actual rules for playing this competitively yet? Or are you still shilling for what is literally a non-game?
>>
>>44536394
Ah yeah the shock will take some time to get through. Yeah I'd rather they didn't baby bathwater a great setting I've enjoyed for 20+ years.

The games aight tho, have a couple of small games with someone who isn't a cunt, providing you aren't either..

Basically...

Troops with multiple attacks, and killingblow/dmg are serious damage dealers.

Base troops won't kill shit in unit sizes under 20, they make great tarpits though, especially for shit you don't want being re-summoned.

A couple of hero characters here and there in your core troops will do your killing while being protected by core.

Movement, positioning, choosing to leave combat etc is where alot of the gameplay is. Lots of freedom too.

Take something to deal with casters, buffing units especially elite troops wins combats.

Scenarios are the backbone of gameplay narrative. Use something, any objective is better than none. Have fun with it.

Units like dwarf drakegunners with good shooting and champ options kick ass. You'll get used to shooting in combat.

I heard like Bretonnian pike dudes got a massive buff, probly some good changes in Empire too.

Give a small game a go, lots of terrain, one or two heroes, two or three units, have fun.
>>
>>44536635
Did you see the warhammer world monster hunter event pdf?
>>
>>44536394
>After reading up on it, most likely not.
Ok cool. So why are you hear? Are you wanting us to convince you to give it a shot, or are you just here to bitch?
>>
>>44536635
Troll post. Leave it be, guys.
>>
>>44535560

>$60 for 10 models
>$40 for 5(!) models

when you were thinking they are finally back to normal with the new bundles, suddenly they make witch elves look cheap
>>
>>44536167

welcome to age of shitmar my friend
>>
Hey guys, new to Warhammer, painting some skaven clanrats, I'm giving them green fur and light nurgleish green skin to make em look all sickly and plague like. Thoughts? I'll post some pics tomorrow if I get around to it.
>>
>>44536801
>So why are you hear?

woke up so early slavbro?
>>
>>44536676
Can't do it.

If I understand correctly,

there are now 3 seperate factions, and the factions are no longer seperated by race, and units from different races can now fight together as long as they're in the same faction.

On top of that units from different races/factions now have the same stats. Basically games-workshop got lazy of trying to balance the game, and now made stats for similar units in different factions "common pool".

So warhammer has lost a lot of its variety between the different races, which is part of what I found so appealing in the game.

When I played against a new army or an army I rarely faced, I got excited.
>>
>>44536801
To bitch, honestly. I'm pissed.

I woke up yesterday thinking I was going to be up late tonight painting Empire minatures, getting ready to face my friend's Wood Elf army, in a 1500 point battle.
>>
>>44536942
Yeah you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You are pretty much wrong on all accounts.

>there are now 3 seperate factions, and the factions are no longer seperated by race, and units from different races can now fight together as long as they're in the same faction.
There are 4 grand alliances, death destruction chaos and order. But there are still many different factions, more even as GW has started to divide teh big factions up. Skaven, for example are no longer all clumped into skaven. They have separated the major clans up. Pestilens got its own treatment, and the other clans are expected to get their own as well.

>On top of that units from different races/factions now have the same stats. Basically games-workshop got lazy of trying to balance the game, and now made stats for similar units in different factions "common pool".
I have no idea where you are getting this. This sentence just baffles me. Can you give me an example of how they all have the 'same stats'?

>So warhammer has lost a lot of its variety between the different races, which is part of what I found so appealing in the game.
Completely untrue. The different factions, which are now separated by keywords to distinguish between them, play different. Example would be how shields and banners and musicians have a different effect on units depending on their faction, which is described in their warscrolls.

>>44537012
Calm down. You can still play oldhammer. GW didn't magically incinerate all copies of the old books. In fact there is still a following and even ones who have moved on to kings of war and the fan made 9th edition. Look into those.
>>
>>44537012
Wood elves look like alot of fun to play against.

Dry your tears and get to it.

And just dont buy anything till you play a few games. Even then just use what you got.
>>
File: 2015-12-30 18.37.38.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-30 18.37.38.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
I bought a AoS starter for $35. Great price for the miniatures, but such a deal makes me worry about the health of the local community.
>>
>>44537115

The issue I have atm is that the lack of all the battle tomb for majority of the armies. I have a quite sizable brets army, but I don't want to really expand it... now the waiting game is pain in the butt, and trying to start a new army for the new year is also tempting at the same time....

i might just get bunch of dryads and be all like: look i'm a scary tree in the forest, woooo~
>>
Might be off topic, but wasn't there a female, non-mage woodelf hero model some time ago? I remember her having some huge, goofy looking stag helm, but I can't find the model anywhere on the GW page.
>>
>>44537145

TFW, i bought this on release,
TFW, I sold all the miniatures within 4 months of the purchase.
>>
>>44537186
Sounds like fun.

You know all the armies have a rules pdf for free on jewdubs website yeah?
>>
>>44537204
Rings a bell, rustles a bush, snaps a twig, but pretty sure it had caster abilities in some way, might not be full on mage though... from memory.

New plastic sculpt yeah?
>>
>>44537145
AoS generated a quick burst of sales, mostly people wanting to try it out, or just get the Stormcast Eternals for Space Marine conversions.

Now the game is tanking like nothing else. Just about everyone has either gone back to 40k or jumped ship to different games.

Yes, GW is sinking, but it's not going to be the end of miniatures wargaming.
>>
>>44537145

it's dead in the water all around the globe. same prices everywhere. only buy it if you are doing it for the models, not for the game.

hopefully this failure will change GW's mind about the 'we are a model company not a game company'. fucking wake up already, your models are going at one-third of their MSRP cuz of the shitty system you put behind them
>>
>>44537266
Dunno if she was a caster or not, but I am fairly certain it was a metal model.
>>
File: WoodElfLord.jpg (516 KB, 600x2400) Image search: [Google]
WoodElfLord.jpg
516 KB, 600x2400
>>44537204
metal hero models are usually only around for an edition or two

think these came out at the start of 7th? maybe the end of 6th?
>>
>>44537324
Yes, that is the one! Now to scower through eBay to find one...
>>
File: we_glade captain.jpg (159 KB, 429x650) Image search: [Google]
we_glade captain.jpg
159 KB, 429x650
>>44537204

this one right? GW killed her dead, but you get a new golden homo space marine for it soon dont worry
>>
>>44537348
That's actually an awesome fem sculpt.
>>
>>44537012
>To bitch, honestly
Ah, ok. So, why are you here? We aren't the ones that trashed your dying game, one that was declining for the same reason you cited why you left in the first place. If anyone is to blame here, it is people like you.

Whether or not AoS is a success is irrelevant, because oldhammer was doomed, GW decided to either can it altogether, or make something new to attract new players. AoS may be flopping too, but it would have been stupid for GW to continue to continue with 8th edition.
>>
>>44537340

based chinaman got it for $5 if you don't mind resin
>>
>>44537225

yes definitely, just not the whole fluff cannon books yet...
I'm really just waiting to see what happened to the brets. Just being merged into a whole sigmarite warriors would bum me out quite a bit desu.

Meanwhile, I might go for an army to field opposite or alongside with my brets, which leaves me with Beastmen, Woodelves, and the tree spirit guys slysthelysththththth or something.
>>
>>44537464
Pretty much impossible as a german to order something from China. German customes will pull the package out, open it and when they notice I bought casts I'll get fined and the models destroyed.

Guess I'll try myself at converting and have a spellcasting hero for the campaign then.
>>
>>44537511
>German customes will pull the package out, open it and when they notice I bought casts I'll get fined and the models destroyed.

I thought you guys got rid of the Nazi Regime years ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 900x599
>>44537500
Those waywatcher woodelf lists look awesome to me. Good kitbash ideas with Shadowhunters/Wildwood Rangers/Glade Guard
>>
>>44536878
That's sounds really insteresting, try the WIP thread though, they'll generally be better help.
>>
>>44537511
Thought they'd have their hands full screening weapons from "refugee relief" shipments.
>>
>>44537511
wow really? you can't import casts??
>>
File: we_waystalker (2).jpg (181 KB, 496x650) Image search: [Google]
we_waystalker (2).jpg
181 KB, 496x650
>>44537578

metal armor on WE is quite meh tho
>>
File: we_glade lord (1).jpg (156 KB, 400x700) Image search: [Google]
we_glade lord (1).jpg
156 KB, 400x700
at least you can still get this model tho, do it before they take it down
>>
>>44537609
There is no money to be made from finding weapons. Can't fine any germans for that so that Merkel can finance her refugee housing.

>>44537624
It is extremely dangrous. Especially packages from Asia will be pulled out. But the kicker is: You have to open them yourself, because my law the german state isn't allowed to open them. So what happens is that the customes take the package, keep it and write you a letter to come to them and open it infront of their eyes. So fun times waiting a whole day in line at your next custom office to pay money for stuff you already bought. Because even if your shit isn't illegal, they make you pay 19% tax on whatever you bought (or someone gifted to you!) if its worth exceeds like.. 25€.

>>44537578
Those look really great. Are they made with the parts that are left over from the normal woodelf plastics?
>>
With wood elves, do you think painting their skins more tanned look strange?
near a brown scale, (almost to depict amazonian warriors)

would be nice to have stark contrast to many elves i know i'll end up buying once i start purchasing them...
>>
>>44537789
I think it would look rather cool.

Not going to lie, but if I ever did wood elves, it would be very hard for me NOT to try a night elf theme from warcraft. I just like different skin tones of elves.
>>
>>44537726
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?398873-Forest-Stalkers-Wood-Elf-project
>>
>>44537836
Check the foil leaves on the mounted caster conversion.
>>
>>44537822

oh god... yes... that as well...
Blood elves for dark elves...
>>
>>44537867
Bloodelf work best with Highelf imo. As far as Nightelf go, I tried it once. The purple skintone makes them looks really slannesh-ish, so some major conversion work would be required.
>>
>>44537898

shame, but i'll just have them a bit darker tone try out, and very natural colour blend might be more interesting than extremely pale blonde contrasting colour GW uses.
>>
File: night-elf-fan-art.jpg (139 KB, 550x427) Image search: [Google]
night-elf-fan-art.jpg
139 KB, 550x427
>>44537898
I think it would be enough if you left out the crab claws and tentacles and half boobs. As long as the whole miniature looks elfy, and not chaosy, you could pull it off. Especially if you did green hair, or white hair.

I was thinking of trying more of an ice elf theme. These new realms are very magical, so you could have a variant of ice elf or whatever. With a heavy pine tree theme.
>>
>>44536846
>$40 for 5 models
40k terminators are 50 USD for 5 (10 USD per model)
>>
>>44540164

Yeah, and a wraithknight is $115 for 1 model, how is this relevant?

These are fucking dwarfs, they won't be terminator-sized, you are paying $8 for a 28mm infantry
>>
>>44540728
AoS is slightly scaled up (a bloodreaver is about as tall as a space marine) so they may be a bit bigger than the old dwarfs. But yeah, can't see them being terminator sized though.
>>
>>44540728
This is a game where a single hero will cost you at least 20 USD. 40 for 5 dudes isn't so bad.
>>
>>44537145
Shit, at that price even I'd be tempted if the models appealed to me at all. Kind of makes me wish they'd just let Warhammer Fantasy Battles tank in the same way- Island of Blood was a hell of a set.
>>
>>44540164
va

ran

guard
>>
>>44537538
EU "democracy" in action

let everything in but your goods :^)
>>
>>44541397
>EU
I'm in the EU but my chinamen products have never been opened, damaged or not sent.
>>
>>44537282
>Now the game is tanking like nothing else. Just about everyone has either gone back to 40k or jumped ship to different games.
Are there facts and figures we can see to back this up? Honestly not really doubting you, but I'd like to see figures and charts and what-not if we have them.
>>
>Are they all helmeted as Ungrim and the model we ve seen or they are mainly bare headed models
>They all are helmeted. Usually the part at the top of the helmet where the hairs "burst out" is shaped like a dragon head. Between the helmet and how much they are naked they kind of give a small "300" vibe.
I wish the damn pics would leak already.
>>
>>44541978

can't believe the asshole who got his WD 2 weeks early can't be bothered to take shitty cell phone pics of it
>>
>>44542641
He doesn't do it on principle apparently. He says it is going "to far"
>>
>>44541790
There are no facts and figures beside anecdotal evidence. They never have anything concrete. Neither does the other side either. Right now it's shit flinging on both sides without any facts or figures to back anything up.
>>
How are Beastmen in AoS? I have been on the fence about playing them in this game or kings of war
>>
>>44542888
This. One guy will say "it's completely dead at my game store, therefore it is dead everywhere" and another guy will say "it has eclipsed 40k in my area, therefore it is doing better than 40k"
>>
>>44542908
This is a game where the rules reflect the fluff, meaning it's not about how competitive they are, it's about how they play.

Beastmen play like beastmen should. There is no meta in this game. They're fun, brutal, fast charging packs of animal men and they play like that.

If you are looking into a game for the competitive scene, then play kow, but I don't know how beastmen fare in that. But if you just want a casual game for fun and being non competitive, play aos.
>>
>>44542974

My guess is they are middle of the road at best because even in a competitive focused and more balanced tournament scene people still have a biased against them being significant or doing anything noteworthy. I'm glad to hear that they play good and like they should.
>>
>>44543026
There you go, thinking like there's a meta again, in a game where there is no meta. There is no high tier, no mid tier, no low tier. The game doesn't do competitive.

However if you adopt a points system, then there is a meta within those, kinda, which varies from points system to points system, so I couldn't tell you how the beastmen fare within each points system.
>>
>>44537145
Judging by your receipt it was $37.10 not 35.
>>
>>44544111

Thank you captain autismo
>>
>>44542888

that's not true. one side does have evidence of the starter set falling to 30% of their MSRP in half a year >>44537145

the other side just talks shit
>>
>>44542918
>it has eclipsed 40k in my area, therefore it is doing better than 40k

the '40k destroying AoS' is the most obvious trolling in this thread

source: I am doing it, but for fucks sake did not think anyone took it seriously, even the 40kfags did not go for the b8
>>
>This is how each of their (Fyreslayers) chapters is organized:
- Chapter mast.. no wait what am I saying? I mean Auric Runefather.
- Below that is the Auric Runemaster (the one in the WD)
- Auric Runesmiters
- Grimwrath Berzerkers
- Auric Runesons
- Hearthguard Berzerkers and Auric Hearthguard (the ones in the WD)
- Battlesmiths
- Vulkite Berzerkers (the ones in the WD)

age of sigmar, the game where even your dwarfs are space marines!
>>
>>44544706
Don't write only the part you want.

"PS- They're not actually called Chapters as you already guessed, but I don't know how to translate the real name in English."
>>
File: Warmuhshine players.png (457 KB, 551x721) Image search: [Google]
Warmuhshine players.png
457 KB, 551x721
>>44544662
>>
>>44544622
That means jack shit. In my area we have a lot of AoS players, and maybe only one copy of the starter set was sold. Not everybody wants to play sigmarines or khorne. Most players either ported in their old kits, or are starting their own armies, that are not sigmarines or khorne. A starter set going for cheap means nothing.
>>
>>44544622
Yeah, that receipt that doesn't say "age of sigmar" or any similar abbreviation anywhere sure is convincing proof.
>>
>>44544622
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1444194021381.jpg (32 KB, 391x327) Image search: [Google]
1444194021381.jpg
32 KB, 391x327
>>44544706
>Ago of Sigmar, the game where even your dwarfs are space marines
>>
File: 1437306969013.png (794 KB, 810x465) Image search: [Google]
1437306969013.png
794 KB, 810x465
>They [the new fyreslayers] are surely modelled after this picture then:
>pic related
>Perfect match, the models are exactly like that picture.
>>
>>44544622
haha you dolt. all that means is aos is dead at that store. thats it. none of us are denying that. we know its dead in some places. the only thing we are challenging is the claim that it is dead EVERYWHERE, or a completely failed venture

just because 40k kits are going for sale in a game store doesnt mean 40k is on its death throes accross the world
>>
>>44544706
>>44544983
except that's wrong. the guy used 'chapters' as a joke and placeholder because he didnt know the english translation.

itt: haters seeing what they want to see, nothing new
>>
>>44544862
This delusion, that fact the last thread 5 days to 404.

Nope, guys the game isn't dead and the reason these threads don't fall of the map immediately isn't because of a handful of shitposters pretending to not understand "What happend to WHFB?"
>>
>>44545104
You keep thinking that. We know you guys just see what you want to see.
>>
>>44545035
Look at you frothing out the mouth to defend AoS.

Even if you're right and there are no dwarf marines, it still doesn't make AoS any less shittier.

AoS is to tabletop games, what WWE is to sports.
>>
>>44545148
>opinions the post
Nice opinions there.
>>
>>44545104
>This image doesn't necessarily prove that the AoS starter was that price
>Yeah well the last thread took five days to 404
Are you okay?
>>
reminder never to pay for GW shit and especially not spess marines in fantasy shit rules reboots

the shills
>>
>>44544791

yeah, stormcasts aren't called space marines either!!!444!
>>
>>44544862

dude, day and night $40-$50 ebay prices are linked for the starter, stop denying the obvious

at least come up with better excuses like this guy >>44544804
>>
>>44545035

>it looks like an SM chapter
>feels like an SM chapter
>tastes like an SM chapter
>guy describes in terms of an SM chapter

>aos-shill's conclusion: it is TOTALLY NOT an SM chapter

topkek.jpg
>>
>>44537012
Warhammer 8th rules for everything should be in the rules OP in any other Warhammer general thread - just play that.

If you've got someone to play 8th with already it doesn't really matter if age of smegmar is here.

Base type doesn't matter in it anyway so you can still use square.
>>
File: protectedimage.jpg (24 KB, 600x322) Image search: [Google]
protectedimage.jpg
24 KB, 600x322
<<- AoS fans in this thread
>>
>>44544706
You forgot another bit

>Though they are not actually slayers at all, they have their traditional look. Normal flesh, orange hair (but they show other models with dark hairs). Flames only appear on a few specific items. One recurring item they carry is the key. In fact one of the weapons carried by a lizard rider looks like what would happen if you were to turn a Keyblade into a halberd.

>PS-Though I constantly called them salamanders, I have actually no idea what the big monsters will be called. If it's in the WD I've yet to read it.

>>44544791
Are you astropate?
>>
>>44545427
>Are you astropate?

no, but you're slav
>>
>>44545427
>In fact one of the weapons carried by a lizard rider looks like what would happen if you were to turn a Keyblade into a halberd.

oh boy this gonna look even more retarded than the khorne-guys' weapons
>>
>>44545358
The Duardin are Space Marines. Aelves? Space Marines! Orruks and Grot and Skaven? They're also Space Marines! Not even the Tau and Necrons are free from being Space Marines. Help! the Space Marines are also expanding to other settings?!? Jedis are Space Marines! Ponies are Space Marines! Dragons are Space Marines! Even our atoms are now Space Marines!

It's Space Marines all the way down! Expect "Cease and Desist" letters from Games Workshop as they sue reality for violating their copyright.
>>
>>44545444
>no, but you're slav
I'm pretty sure that's not the case, there must have been a mutual mistake then.
>>
Hey guys I just read a really interesting article that explains what is happening in this thread. It talks for a community getting destroyed and a new one(s) taking its place. If you have AoS, hopefully you can get a better understanding of what is going on and why. If you like AoS, hopefully you will see the light at the end of the tunnel this article is trying to convey.

http://www.mengelminiatures.com/2015/12/editorial-death-of-community-birth-of.html
>>
File: Skhurr dhurrwrath.jpg (37 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
Skhurr dhurrwrath.jpg
37 KB, 600x620
>>44545463
Who dares to challenge the champion?
>>
>>44545558

a good unbiased article. it is only a mere coincidence that the author received a free AoS starter during the GW summer marketing campaign :^)
>>
>>44545601

yeah. it is also by happenstance that every age of sigmar product got a 5 out of 5 from the author, and every 'mini of the week' has been an AoS model

good fucking god I think we have found a REAL shill
>>
>>44545640
>and every 'mini of the week' has been an AoS model
Except that's not true. Keep seeing what you want to see, guys.
>>
>>44545601
Or it could be that he genuinely likes the game and thinks it holds promise. But since you don't even see that as a possibility it must mean anyone saying anything positive about this game is on GW's payroll.
>>
>>44545764
More seriously though, the articles presents quite well the division between the communities and at the same time their probable cross pollination and creative outburst, but it is obviously depicting the sides of the discussion in different lights, on top of making numerous assumptions about the numbers of "haters" and "supporters" from both parts.
>>
>>44545945
I don't think so. The first reaction one may have to reading this is it is just an article hating on the haters, when that's not true. He clarifies that AoS is not a game for everyone because it caters to a different style of player than what was so common in whfb. Neither style is right or wrong, just both players like different things. He's more hating on the hate, than anything. He points out alternatives to those other players, not something I would expect from a GW marketer article.

And the fact he was given a box of AoS means nothing. He was likely going to buy it anyway to try it out. He was a fan of GW products long before AoS.
>>
>>44545202

Better than Age of Sigmar.
>>
File: 1451355000524.jpg (252 KB, 800x894) Image search: [Google]
1451355000524.jpg
252 KB, 800x894
>>44545148

>shitting on WWE

you crossed the line, pal
>>
>>44546874

*Age of Shitmar
>>
File: tumblr_nr892tiGAU1tb8cbpo1_1280.jpg (483 KB, 1000x1431) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nr892tiGAU1tb8cbpo1_1280.jpg
483 KB, 1000x1431
Little question about the fluff.

From what I understand, when oic related die, he goes to Sigmar's heaven basically, gets remade, and goes back into the fray, except with less humanity, am I right in what I believe?
>>
>>44547341
In a way, yes. When they die, they are taken back to azyr in lightning, then reforged. But the reforging process has its price on the eternals humanity, and it takes time and limited resources. Then they rejoin the fray either via lightning strikes or the realmgate
>>
>>44547507
>But the reforging process has its price on the eternals humanity,

Technically, It's not the reforging that does this. It's Nagash trying to reclaim what is his by right.
>>
Anyone here playing 9th Age?
>>
>>44547653
Pease elaborate, I'm interested. I never really followed Fantasy, but I think Nagash became the God of Death, so his right is over everyone's life I guess?
>>
>>44547653
Fair enough. I know we've been hinted at something like that, but wasn't sure if it was ever expanded upon. I like that though, that nagash has been denied his and is slowly taking it back. It brings in the immortal stigma that you can never truly escape death, not even the eternals.
>>
>>44547684

I found the rules too difficult to understand, I rather like the ease of AoS
>>
>>44547756

Seriously? They are simplier everyday and still better written than 8th for example.
What's so hard about them?
>>
>>44547809

aosbabby, he probably never saw 8th or was just one of those guys who needed the WS table and lost every game
>>
>>44547809
Well for me at least it has everything I hated about 8th edition, just more of the same. I left warhammer back in uth because I didn't like the direction it was going and realized there were better games out there. I got back in over the whole aos hubbub and realized this was the warhammer I was waiting for. I know I will get ridiculed for having this sentiment, but it's just what I like is what I like
>>
>>44547848

Probably. Saw rules and couple of games of AoS - no, ty.

Thank god they created 9th age. It's just so good, made me play this game again.
>>
>>44547848
Many of us understood fantasy was a complicated mess. 9th age is pretty much like pathfinder. Not all of us liked 3.5, and pathfinder wasn't different enough for us to consider it as a serious possibility
>>
>>44547897
Cool, so where's the 9th age general?
>>
>>44547935

dunno, where's the AoS general? can't find it amongst all this shitposting
>>
>>44547884
Well, close combat and magic was pretty retarded at the beggining, it's true (-S from shadow, dwellers from life combo).

The best thing about 9th age is that they are trying to make everything a viable option. For example as a lizards you can focus on cc, shooting or magic - or even mix it up. You can pick units, heroes and items you like, nothing is auto-include nor useless shit.
>>
>>44547993

well we at least know where the AoS general is without the shitposting: in the archived thread section, the very same day it is opened
>>
>>44547993
If I remember right, they did have a few 9th age generals but they struggled to keep them alive. If we hold that to the same standards as the aos generals then that must mean 9th age is a dead game, right?
>>
Definitely going to give 9th age a shot. Hopefully it'll give me the same feeling I got playing warhammer during the 6th and 7th editions.

AoS is garbage.
>>
>>44548018
It's still whfb. That's the problem. Not all of us find that attractive. Again, those of us who hated d&d 3.5 aren't seeing pathfinder rpg as anything different. Same can be applied here.
>>
>>44548046

ofc it is a dead game. 8th was undead, everything that came after that is just plain dead

>>44548094

hate to break it for you but 9th age doesn't feel like warhammer at all. the ~50-100 retards working on it drained all of the WHFB soul out of it
>>
>>44548094
Cool. So why are you here?
>>
>>44548018

spellcasting is another thing that was always too difficult in warhammer. the 1 magic missile + 1 shield system of AoS is perfect imo
>>
File: 1434264772716.png (88 KB, 216x216) Image search: [Google]
1434264772716.png
88 KB, 216x216
New to AoS but it seems like the general consensus on the internet is that it sucks and is dying. Should I quit while I'm ahead and move to Hordes? I really like AoS but wouldn't mind something more complex.

Not trolling, I'm absolutely serious. Is it worth it to invest in AoS as a completely new player to Warhammer, or is Hordes the better option? Not interested in regular Warmachine.
>>
>>44548161
Not to mention that there are more spells but you get them based on the realm you are fighting in or the type of wizard.

On the Facebook group, some guys ported in the old school magic tables if you still want that random magic chart. Shit like that is easy to do in aos.
>>
>>44548211
Nope, just go.
>>
>>44548211
Depends on your local scene. If there are players of aos then keep at it, if it's completely dead where you are, then move onto something else. Who gives 2 shits about what someone else says about what you like? There is a really loud vocal minority at work here with nothing better to do than shit on people who actually enjoy this game.
>>
>>44548211
>Is it worth it to invest in AoS

whatever the answer is for other questions, 'investing' to aos is just retarded when the models lose 50-70% of their value in months
>>
>>44548228

no matter how much you polish turd, it will still remain turd
>>
>>44548124

Just a opinion. 9th age feels pretty solid, people are playing it instead of sigmar or something else. Part of them quit completely though.

Are people really considering rules hard/difficult for real?
>>
>>44548211
I'm not going to tell you what to like or do. There is success with this game in some groups, but in others it's a failure. What is it to you?
>>
>>44548269
So it's actually just me and my wife playing so no local scene involved.

>>44548271
I'm using investing to mean buying models to play with. I have 0 interest in making any kind of money or flipping for profit.
>>
>>44548269
>There is a really loud vocal minority at work here

given that this thread is completely dead without shitposting (less than 200 posts in 6 days), I wouldn't say they are the minority unfortunately
>>
>>44548269
>shit on people who enjoy this "game"

AoS is not a game. Since GW did away with the point value system, the only strategy is to spend more money on minatures than your opponent, and outnumber them on the table.
>>
>>44548293
>age of turdmar
>>
>>44548318
Then it's really up to you. Since you have no interest in reselling, why not keep what you have? If your wife is showing interest in other things then try those things as well. The point I'm trying to make is when asking the internet whether or not you should quit, you are going to only get biased opinions, not worthwhile advice, on either end. If the minis and setting are important to you and your like that part, then stick around. If it's all about the gameplay and competitive scene our what is being played where you are, then move onto something else.
>>
>>44547720
Nagash controls the Underworlds, all of them. the souls of the dead come to his realm. Sigmar to create his Stormcast, stole tons of souls from Nagash.

The creation of the Stormcast is weakening Nagash and is slowly killing him. Nagash tries to grab the souls of the Stormcas each time they die. Each time he tears pieces of their souls but this will not be enough. Nagash wore vengeance on Sigmar for this treachery.
>>
>>44548343
There are 39 unique posters in this thread, anon. There are people trying hard on either side. What I don't get is if some people hate this game and it's fan base so much, why don't they just let the generals die? Why do they keep bumming the threads?

I don't ridicule the other general threads I don't like. It's just a behavior on the internet I don't understand. Most wanting to talk about this game have moved on to places where they can talk about it, shitposting free, like the Facebook group.
>>
>>44548431
>Nagash controls the Underworlds, all of them. the souls of the dead come to his realm.

Not true, the Chaos Gods are the ones with the biggest racket in souls.
>>
>>44548513
It's safe to say that if the soul is not worshipping Sigmar or the chaos gods, nagash is claiming it. Which I would bet is still a lot
>>
>>44548482
Meant to reply to >>44548335
>>
File: Archaon_triumphant.jpg (37 KB, 336x510) Image search: [Google]
Archaon_triumphant.jpg
37 KB, 336x510
>>44548568

Why should anyone worship the traitor Swigmar?

Choose someone who has already defeated him and is more worthy of your worship.
>>
>>44535560

Again this pricing doesn't make any fucking sense, I don't understand GW. 5 minis is 33 euros but then one guy is 23 euros.
>>
>>44548568
You don't need to worship Chaos for them to take your soul. They're the biggest kids on the block and take what they want.
>>
>>44548639
He's a hero.
>>
>>44548335
>this thread has 157 replies
>started at 05 am
>it 22 pm
>>
>>44548723

>has nothing better to do than keep tabs on the general

wew lad
>>
>>44548723
>157 replies
>115 of them shitposting/wars with shitposters

great job /aosg/
>>
File: pic1527462.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2040) Image search: [Google]
pic1527462.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2040
Here's what I don't understand about AoS fans. You all claim you like AoS because it's a skirmish bed game in the fantasy setting.

Why the fuck weren't you guys supporting Mordheim?

I'm a WFB player that didn't always have time to play 1500-2000 point games. But I always had time to play Mordheim.

Mordheim is a much better skirmish game compared to AoS.

It plays more like fantasy. The rules are more fleshed out, and all the lore from WFB is there.

Please stop supporting AoS. It's the cancer killing warhammer.
>>
>>44535560
Why does anybody play age of Shitmar unless they have a pre-existing WHF army? The models are ridiculous overpriced even compared to 40k. The only acceptable way for such ridiculous expenditure (looking at you $100 Chaos Cav) is if you got it by chinaman.
>>
>>44548926
>Why the fuck weren't you guys supporting Mordheim?

Mordheim died long ago. I really would support it if they were to bring it back as a specialist game.
>>
>>44548814

>counting the number of shitposts

the state of you
>>
>>44548926
>Here's what I don't understand about AoS fans. You all claim you like AoS because it's a skirmish bed game in the fantasy setting.
Stopped reading there. Sure let's completely ignore all the other reasons why people like AoS.

>simplified rules
>new miniatures range
>wide range of factions and races
>scaleable up as well as it scaleable down
>new unique setting
>loose force construction, play want you want
The skirmish aspect is just one of the reasons why we like this game, not the only reason.

I like mordheim, it's a great game, but very limited on its scope.
>>
>>44549014
>thinks I counted it

the state of an age of autism player
>>
File: at-least-you-tried.jpg (76 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
at-least-you-tried.jpg
76 KB, 500x371
>>44548991

>WFB was too expensive for people to get into
>now please buy 3 plastic cavalry for $100
>welcome to the Age of Sigmar
>>
>>44549049
>new unique setting
As a AoS fan, I don't support this
>>
>>44549049
>>'rules' lulz
>>new more expensive and shittier miniatures range
>>literally all old factions + space marines, slowly fucking up old factions tho
>>doesn't work at any force level
>>new SHIT setting
>>no force construction at all

fixed the relevant parts for you
>>
>>44549011
> print rule book off the Internet
>use existing WFB or buy a box set of one unit and an HQ to lead them.

Time to play Mordheim

This is why I don't get why AoS exist. Just play Mordheim for free or for less than 50 bucks.
>>
>>44549060
Look at the start collecting boxes
Also Blood Knights
>>
>>44548653
Chaos claims souls forcefully.

The natural order of things is for souls to go to the Underworld to Nagash.
>>
>>44549104
Nice opinions. Does this count for a rebuttal nowadays?
>>
>>44549108

nah mordheim is a good game, aos isn't even a game I can understand the lack of appeal for the average aos drone
>>
>>44549078
I do

>>44549057
So you're just guessing?

>>44548798
Apparently keeping tabs is just checking easily seeable data that is on the thread itself.
>>
File: Swigmar (closeup).png (478 KB, 394x476) Image search: [Google]
Swigmar (closeup).png
478 KB, 394x476
>>44548603
It's his swiggy beard, man. I just want to touch his beard.
>>
oh boy it is "body the aos tards night" again, loving it so far!
>>
>>44549108
>> print rule book off the Internet
>>use existing WFB or buy a box set of one unit and an HQ to lead them.
>Time to play Mordheim

>No new rules
>No new models
>No players

I only play living games.
>>
File: 1339436220769.png (8 KB, 157x150) Image search: [Google]
1339436220769.png
8 KB, 157x150
>>44549192

why won't they let us talk about the blood forests of bloodvania in peace
>>
>>44549203
>I only play living games.

then why aos
>>
>>44549231
Because it's a living game.
>>
>>44549221
>blood forests of bloodvania

alright is this real or trolling

fucking aos I can't decide
>>
>>44549259
Trollin'

Someplaces corrupted by Khorne tend to have random fluids replaced with blood, like rain or geysers, but there are no "blood forests of bloodvania".
>>
>>44549203
> I don't want to play Mordheim, because I enjoy spending money on expensive, lesser quality products.

AoS fanboys.....
>>
>>44549250

more like a living shitpost
>>
>>44549330

mordheim models were SO FUCKING GOOD
>>
File: mordheim-beastmen-warband.jpg (31 KB, 450x301) Image search: [Google]
mordheim-beastmen-warband.jpg
31 KB, 450x301
>>44549402

look at this motherfucker with the bag of kittens, no wonder you can get 4 aos starters for the price of one beastmen warband, talking about quality miniatures that increase in price
>>
File: Mordh-banda-completa-B.jpg (150 KB, 1300x538) Image search: [Google]
Mordh-banda-completa-B.jpg
150 KB, 1300x538
>>44549402
>>44549506

mordheim is actually what AOS fans want their game to be
>>
File: 1407266456406.jpg (1 MB, 1600x740) Image search: [Google]
1407266456406.jpg
1 MB, 1600x740
After just playing 2 rounds of Warhammer FB, and losing both, i had the luck and got a lot of shit for free. long story short: It would be great if you could help me to create two army lists to play with a friend - the shit i've got should be more than enough.

So, here it is:

Dwarfs

-5 Iron Breakers
-5 Hammerers
-2 Canons and a organ gun (all with teams)
-17 musketeers; (2 of them dual wielding guns, 2 wielding a flag, one musician)
-12 clan warriors (2 of them leaders, 1 with a flag, one musician)
-17 longbeards
-8 dwarf miners (one musician, one with a flag)

also a slayer and a king and a master engineer

and also a lot of Highelfs; here things get complicated because i have even less knowledge about them, so i can only describe how the units look like:

-1 balista
-12 siting on a horse, only 2 of them with a sword, one of them looking like a leader.
-13 Highelves with a longsword, one musician, one leader
-25 with a halberd, one leader
-one supreme looking guy with a staff and a glowing sword, some kind of king maybe?
-also one mage looking guy, blowing some horn.
-and one king sitting on a dragons back.

we're all playing just for fun, so proxying some units as others is no problem.

oh, and as far as i know, we're playing the last version before The Age of Sigmar.

help would be much appreciated.
>>
File: AOS_Giftlist_Info.png (57 KB, 250x190) Image search: [Google]
AOS_Giftlist_Info.png
57 KB, 250x190
>>44549316
>blood forests of bloodvania

I'd have agreed with you if there wasn't a city in azyr, called azyrheim, where sigmar rules from his palace, sigmaron.
>>
>>44549192
This is the most activity in over a month.

You should be thankful Smegar fan, without shitposters you don't have a thread.
>>
>>44537822
I really want to do something like that.

I found a bunch of miniature plastic deer ornaments which I plan to bash together with all these leftover Sisters of the Thorn torsos and heads I have.

BAM! Dryads from WC3.

Any tips on painting purple skin so it doesn't look horrible?
>>
>>44550043
Dunno about skin specifically, but generally you highlight purple with grey to make it look good.
>>
Does anyone know if the empier is gonna get an update or a change. I might pick up aos if they give the empier a make over
>>
>>44549766
I like Azyrheim. It's simple an make sense with the concept of each realm having a great city. Sigmaron and Sigmarion is a little strechy, but there is a city called Stalingrad.

Blight city is pretty bad through.
>>
>>44550043
It was mentioned an anon tried it but it came out looking too slaaneshi. I would suggest finding a guilde on painting daemonettes, but going more purple or blue than grey, and go with the traditional nigh elf hair colors, like green, silver, and blue.

>>44550147
All we know is there are human villages and some nations that exist and are still fighting against chaos. This was mentioned in a couple short stories. We have yet to get to them in detail though, or get to their miniatures. This is a new game. Give it time.
>>
>>44537291
Where are you seeing this for 30 bones everywhere? I can't find that shit cheap online at all, and pretty sure my local GW isn't selling it for that cheap since last I was in there (just a week ago). Canada fag reporting.
>>
>>44550377
Man, I'm starting to get the impression that moosebros are even more screwed than kiwibros when it comes to wargaming prices.
>>
>>44550377

do you even read this thread or just came to shitpost
>>44537145
>>
>>44550451
I think he actually wanted to buy it somewhere for that price.
>>
>>44550451
We've been through this, there's no proofs that that receipt is actually for the AoS box. Also, using grammar and punctuation when accusing other of shitposting makes you look less of a hypocritical twat.
>>
>>44536635
Do game companies have to "literally" hand you every rule or can you hold your own dick?
>>
File: lore of fire.jpg (19 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
lore of fire.jpg
19 KB, 370x370
Next week's teaser crudely translates as
>The child of Vulcatrix and the Key bearer
apparently.

Also, I only just cottoned on (when the warseerites mentioned it) why the fyreslayers have a key theme, pic related.
>>
>>44550493
>>44550528

love the delusion boys, let's see some other examples:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Starter-NIB-/281873944662?hash=item41a0ff1056:g:blYAAOSwPcVV20IA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Starter-Box-Set-New-Factory-Sealed-NIB-LOOK-Must-See-/401023887785?hash=item5d5ee2e9a9:g:jmsAAOSwDNdVpDOo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Starter-Set-Skarr-Bloodwrath-and-Basing-Kit-/201474489789?hash=item2ee8d0bdbd:g:9x8AAOSwHQ9WWJnR

etc. Literally doesn't worth shit and you lost 2/3 of your money if you bought it during the initial hype. Hard to deal with it, I know, but it is the reality
>>
>>44550710
With shipping, that's still 50+ dollars. That's still more than 35. :^)
>>
>>44550678
>Warseer people known more fluff than /tg/ people

Time to end it all.
>>
>>44550590

yeah fuck it, game companies do not have any obligations to produce games to these grognards. just fucking pay them, use your imagination and be grateful they allow you to do it
>>
>>44550678
Aaaaaaaahhhhhh, that makes sense. I never made the connection. That's pretty cool, actually.

Gotta say, I am super stoked for the Fyreslayer stuff. Any word on how big the next white dwarf is? Because this one's teaser says "a bumper size issue", not sure what that means. Might be a britbong thing.
>>
>>44550678
which I already mentioned makes no sense since the key being a symbol of aqshi was a thing of the empire mages' colleges.

dwarfs had nothing to do with it, unless they provide some additional reason for them to have that symbol.
>>
File: 1.png (847 KB, 1566x1408) Image search: [Google]
1.png
847 KB, 1566x1408
>>44550710
My fucking sides.
>>
>>44550745

depends on your location. my 40k buddy had $6 shipping on his, the idaho seller for instance offers local pickup. so entirely possible that the dude bought his box for $40

>>44550858

new 2 ebay bro? you know that I can put up a box of shitmar for $300000? noone buys it for that so that's irrelevant, only sold listings matter
>>
>>44550858

are you the guy who sees the exact same thing for $50 and $138, proceeds to choose the $138 option? wanna do some business?
>>
>>44550832
>Because this one's teaser says "a bumper size issue", not sure what that means.

Means very big, which in turn means at least a bit bigger than normal.
>>
>>44551090

he's an aos fan anon, probably as stupid as it gets, he would choose the more expensive option and find a way to justify it for himself
>>
>>44551090
>>44550973
But I'm not seeing it for sale at $50. All the suggested listings ebay gives are considerably more expensive.

>But it's the sales that matter
Sales on December 4th and 9th, and November 12th, are not indicative of the price today, in early January. Try looking up "for sale", protip: it's in the present tense. Unless you have a sale in the last week or so the live listed prices are what's relevant.
>>
>>44549609

those mordheim captain and champion models are pretty sweet. got a bunch for my empire army that no longer exists THANK AGE OF SIGMAR
>>
>>44550451
Are you retarded? I saw the pic with the receipt. Did YOU read this thread? I was responding to this;
>it's dead in the water all around the globe. SAME PRICES EVERYWHERE. only buy it if you are doing it for the models, not for the game.

These guys had it right.
>>44550443
>>44550493

>>44550710
Thankyou for something useful. I wonder if shipping would kill the price for me, aside from conversion :/
>>
>>44551261

I have chosen early december sold listings because when the last time I linked the most recent ones some retard came up with the 'oh but new starter sets coming so people are not buying' shit. btw, that was when I linked a $50 buy-it-now listing. way too early to get january sold listings, is december 27 recent enough? bc:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Starter-Set-Opened-and-Partially-Built-/161925778164?hash=item25b3874af4:g:GMoAAOSwCQNWedJH

>>44551295

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Age-of-Sigmar-Starter-Set-/141864908712?hash=item2107ceb7a8:g:cIEAAOSwSdZWhEHG

it will go for around $50, with free shipping to US. so if you got family/friend there, go for it
>>
File: 1304542476034.jpg (67 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
1304542476034.jpg
67 KB, 600x402
>>44549766
>in azyr, called azyrheim, where sigmar rules from his palace, sigmaron.

god I get embarrassed just reading that line to myself. writers are a bunch of goofballs
>>
>>44551128
Way cool! I'll have to pick that one up then! More fyreslayer stuff the better
>>
>>44551462
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Age-of-Sigmar-Starter-Set-/141864908712?hash=item2107ceb7a8:g:cIEAAOSwSdZWhEHG

Cool, thanks man. I'm gonna see if I can snipe it, I don't even mind the 10$shipping + 10$ import fee if its over 50% off in total for me.

I mainly want these for DnD and shit, but Sigmar is so easy mode I'm even down to clown with it.
>>
>>44552640

what the hell would stormcast standin for in DnD?
>>
>>44553100
Angels or Paladins?
>>
Am I the only one who misses those comfy as fuck End Times threads?
>>
>>44553100

SPACE MARINES doh
>>
>>44549060
They're probably around the size of the varanguard. Which are pretty big
>>
>>44554687
he was specifically referring to the varanguard, which are about each the size of lord-celestant on dracoth
>>
>>44554729
That's no excuse for a core unit to be $100 fucking dollars. Or the $200 HQ. The only answer at this point is GW simply needs to fucking die and have its IP's sold to somebody who isn't batshit insane.
>>
>>44549114
Those boxes are just repackaged WHF models besides the Sigmarines one.
>>
this thread is actually the best thread on 4chan

the entertainment value is quite high for an outsider
>>
>>44554729
Ah, misread it, thought he was talking about something else. I'd prefer if the varanguard were sold individually for $30 a piece.
>>
Not a friendly reminder, shitposters hobby is shitposting on internet, not /tg/. If you visit dakka and whineseer too, you will find they sound like a certain forum troll. Since dakka(not whineseer) tide is turning, the troll come here instead.
>>
>>44553841
Could be comfy here too. But people can't resist their urge to shitpost.
>>
>>44555248
Friendly reminder, without shitposters it's just you and 3 other dudes and the thread will fall off the face of the earth again.
>>
File: IMAG0456.jpg (351 KB, 1344x760) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0456.jpg
351 KB, 1344x760
So I've been building my mortal nurgle warband and had made my putrid blightkings (excellent kit, btw), but I also wanted a squad of 10 basic chaos warriors. On the AoS facebook group one other guy had done this and I thought it was a great idea.

He had made chaos warriors out of starter set blood warriors, mainly for the unique and dynamic posing, avoiding the static boring chaos warrior posing.

Having plenty of extra bits from the blightkings, I bought a few sets of blood warriors from bits resellers and am working on them now. Here is what I have so far. I gotta say, I really like this idea. I had to scrape off as much as I could khorne-esque, and I plan to go over with a dremel to rust the armor down, then I'm going to greenstuff a bunch for rot and mold.
>>
File: Skaven.jpg (42 KB, 716x960) Image search: [Google]
Skaven.jpg
42 KB, 716x960
Forgive me, for I'm new to painting, but this is the color scheme I have goin for my Skaven. Green fur, and sickly Nurgle flesh.

My camera is dogshit on my phone, I just wanted to take a pic to give a general idea of what I'm doin with the colors. Thoughts?
>>
>>44556623
From the fuzzy photo, it actually looks pretty cool. A green fur. In AoS anything is possible. The mortal realms do all kinds of crazy things to their inhabitants.
>>
>>44556718
Thanks! I'm hoping the end result looks good, I did just one like that to see how it might be, now I'm batch basecoating all these clanrats, and going to work on em over the coming weeks.
>>
>>44548639

It's to make up for the fact that clampacks don't sell in numbers close or equal to certain kits. Same reason why bigger monster and vehicle kits and such are priced high.

>>44548926

Probably because Mordheim isn't actively supported? Now of course the rules can be downloaded, but the models have to be bought on ebay or other such places if you're playing with people who are strict about what models can be used, which brings up the biggest problem of finding people to play with. Something which even games that are supported have trouble with.

You'd be better off asking why people don't play Frostgrave.

>>44549060

I'm of the opinion that price was never the main reason people were turned off by Fantasy, if anything it was the number of models and the game play itself that were the main culprit. Both 40k and HH are expensive and neither are apparently suffering the lack of interest and failure to acquire new blood that plagued Fantasy.

Who the fuck wants to play a game where you're required and rewarded for buying and modeling units of 40 something models that will ultimately do nothing but act as a tar pit, assuming they don't get BTFO by a spell first. Particularly in an age where more and more games that require less of a time investment are cropping up.

>>44550187

It was original called Skavenblight so it's not really that much better or worse.

>>44550786

Guess you missed the people on /tg/ mocking the names of the Realms, seemingly unaware that they were the Elvish names for the winds of magic in Fantasy.

>>44550854

Is it explicitly stated somewhere that the Colleges of Magic came up with the symbols? I've an easier time believing that they got it from Teclis which in turn means there is a decent possibility said symbols come from the winds themselves.

>>44553841

Please, the End Times threads had just as much shitposting, when they weren't dead.

>>44554916

Concepts like core and HQ don't exist in AoS.
>>
so, will the new "Start Collecting Things" kits include all options? e.g. will Malignants include options to build Black Knights and Coven Throne?
>>
>>44558437
Probably. Given that GW's track record for this sort of thing is just "Toss the sprues from the other kits in one big box"
>>
>>44558457
but it will include only round bases, rite?
>>
>>44558639
Again, probably. Since bases were never part of any model's sprues and something they just threw in the box with a kit
Well.... Not counting the giant
>>
>>44550678
>half-naked barbarians
>terribly warm climate
>have barely any tech

>doubt they have concept for doors, let alone locks
>still worship a key

GW can't into logic
>>
>>44558780
Nonsense! They're still dwarves. Architecture's practically in their blood.
>>
>>44557580
>Please, the End Times threads had just as much shitposting, when they weren't dead.

not even close. there were a few 40k shitposters and carnac, bust basically aos threads are either 80% shitposts, or just a dead thread archived in two days
>>
when will the passions calm down a bit and WHRP, WHFB/9th and AoS threads will be able to just merge into one thing? we're all stretched so thin it's sad...
>>
File: Bel.png (4 MB, 1149x1494) Image search: [Google]
Bel.png
4 MB, 1149x1494
>>44559292
The best thing that came out of the End Times threads was Be'lakor posting and the delicious saltiness of Orderfags.
>>
>>44559307
No.

The factions can stand each other. There can only be war.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.