[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rage Quit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 18haf80pp2wkzgif.gif (4 MB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
18haf80pp2wkzgif.gif
4 MB, 625x352
Ever rage quit or made a player rage quit? Any game is fine.

I was running a game and every time I introduced an NPC of some evil importance, one of my players would always say "I shoot him while he's talking" or something to that effect. It didn't always work out but he was always smugly pleased with himself afterwards. So the last time he tried this, I said that when he attacked the NPC he was only attacking an illusion. I don't know why this was such a big deal, but he exploded at the whole group saying I was a railroader and stormed out of the room.
>>
Wasn't me, but a friend who plays skaven was challenged to a 5000pts warhammer fantasy game by a local that guy, who plays orcs. After near and hour and half of deployment, my friend spent his entire turn firing his entire army at 20 black orcs and grimgor, finally finishing them with the dreaded thirteenth spell, removing then unit.

The orc player than packed up the rest of his 4500pt army and left, whilst swearing loudly and throwing accusing glares at my friend.
>>
Pretty sure one of the Weeaboo players at my store rage quit some anime card game.

Dude was drinking the entire time (back room, its pretty common knowledge that you can drink back there) and was full on NoFunAllowed.jpg mode. He was constantly badgering his opponent and goading him to play faster. Eventually he shouts to his opponent "Just play your fucking cards, you know you won!!" and the other guy was pretty uneasy through the rest of his turn.

I never saw that guy again, since we only play back there when the front of the store is full. I'd like to think he quit the game entirely.

Dunno. That's probably it.
>>
I would do it in RPGs back in my early twenties. I had a lot of emotional issues. Still do, but I'm aware of it now and take proper medication. I enjoy gaming much more having (belatedly) developed some maturity and taken measures to improve my mental health.
>>
My first or second game of tabletop ever, I made a pretty goofy driver in Shadowrun. One of the players was a more serious type, kind of rules lawyer, and didn't like the way I played or the character I made. At one point he opened fire upon my character in his car with a large particle cannon he had stored in the back of his tractor trailer, and then quit the game after that session.

Separate game, Deathwatch, I made an extremely goofy character and two of the guys quit and said they didn't like the tone the game had.

There's probably a lot of others but those two spring to mind.
>>
I kept killing some idiot's characters in an online game until he allegedly sperged out and broke his laptop.
>>
The 40kg threads know my woes well but my first few games of 40k were unknowingly against tryhards and WAACos.

I played through the first six games winning only one against an actual bro tier player but finally we get to the Eldar player.

He asks me what I play and I tell him Ork Walkers and use Forgeworld rules, but due to the stigma of the shop (which is why I was only getting games against vets) I quickly followed it up with, but don't worry I don't have any forgeworld models.

>Awesome sounds fun, I play eldar bikes.

I knew the wraith stuff was what I was told to look out for so I thought I scored a cool eldar guy. Boy was I wrong his first turn he already took out 1/3 of my dredds and was being a complete ass about things.

He would make fun of my luck, comment on how shitty my units and army was in general. Criticizing my paint job... just fucking my shit up man.

Going in to turn two I had enough and told him that I wasn't going to keep playing.
>Why?
Because man, you already know you are winning and you haven't said a positive thing yet
>wow you are such a sore loser
Nah man, you are just disrespectful and I a not having fun.

The GW dude came over and once again told me thats why I shouldnt run forgeworld stuff, maybe next time you will have more fun.

They were definitely friends, or at least he spent more at that shop.

Either way it was mostly the last straw for my going there and playing that army.
>>
First game
I'm still new to the rules

I'm Orks, he is Wolves

A bit of rule correction. We finally get into an assault.
Him: "you should issue a challenge"
Me: "I can do that?"
Him: "Yea!"

We start challenge
"Lukas accepts." He says. Then explains what Lukas does.
he never even stated that in his army.
>>
>>44429876

Not quite a rage quit, but over Christmas I got someone I was playing at online chess falsely accuse me of cheating after I went 2.5/3 against him.
>>
>>44430576
How many bloody models were there?
>>
>>44432645
Enough to get pissed off over if you lose your best unit on the first turn. An hour and a half deployment is some bullshit.
>>
A friend of mine at my game soc at uni got told by his opponent that his thunderwolves could charge and run in the same turn. His first game so he thought nothing of it, got charged first turn and all his russ's got blown up first turn and instantly quit.

There is also a guy at my local club who tells you how he can win in mutiple ways before he does it so you can chose. No one plays him
>>
>>44433528
>>who tells you how he can win in mutiple ways before he does it so you can chose

Is his name Dwight Schrute?
>>
>>44433582
Yes! How did you know?

Tim? Is that you?
>>
>>44431490
What's Lukas doing?
>>
>>44433528
what army do you play?
>>
>>44429876

I never rage-quit, but there was one time I had to walk away from the table. We were playing a Paladin campaign in Pathfinder, without a single pally OR LG char in the party. I was a Barb, we were in a temple full of Succubi, and the boss was a demon that could cast Magic Jar. I don't think any of us made a single fucking Will save all session, and I nat 1'd 3 times against that fucking boss. Then I stood up, and walked away for a few minutes. I already had serious issues with shit like Mind Control and other means of completely removing a char from their player's control, that session helped none.
>>
>>44433653
Dying and taking a bunch of models with him via a statis bomb, iirc. I remember hearing about him putting a warhound titan in statis from it.
>>
>>44431109
Maybe you shouldn't make goofy characters in serious settings. When two different groups have had conflicts with you specifically it might not be them....could be you.
>>
>>44432203
How do you even cheat at online chess?
>>
>>44433813
open up another instance against an AI, set it to max difficulty, and play your opponent's moves
>>
When I first started playing back in 2nd ED I almost rage quit. I was playing Necrons and didn't understand the rules that well so I thought that scarabs got a 1+ save in cover, not +1 to their cover save. My opponent got into close combat with my ultra cool invisible scarabs and then explained to me that they didn't get a 1+ save in cover, in fact they got no cover save at all in close combat from cover. I raged, but I didn't quit.
>>
>>44433831
Doing that against yourself seems like a good way to learn.
>>
>>44433888
>check em
Tell us more. Did you call him a heretic?
>>
I don't remember the rules exactly ,but it was a few years ago. I pleayed against a friend, and I told him I wanted to try some different units in IG in a friendly game.

When he showed up, he had slected blood angels, almost all of them with jump packs, and with some special Character that made them move even faster than usual. He won the initiative and in his fist turn he had already charged me. I didnät even have a chance to use any of my new units. I told him there was no point to play after round 2, but he said I was a faggot if I quieted so I had to watch my whole army get wiped in round 4.
>>
>>44433930
I called him a cheater, which is pretty much the same thing.

I caused a rage quit one time though. I was playing dwarven gun line (like an asshole) against some dark elves. I got the first round of combat and dismantled his black guard and cold one knights with my cannons. As he moved forward things only got worse. Once he came in range of my flame cannons his crossbowmen and corsairs were causing panic all over the board. By turn three he was finally in range of my thunderers and I shot him to pieces. He picked up and left after that. His repeater crossbows had only killed a handful of my army and I had nearly tabled his.

It was a hollow victory.
>>
>>44434043
Mmm tears of a dark elf heretic taste the best.
>>
I have a YT channel where I post batreps. I played another guy who also has a YT channel. At the end of his third turn I had clearly won but there were still plenty of models on the table. He ragequit.

Then him and his friends spammed my comments section about how I was an asshole for posting that video because I just got lucky dice.

But I post all my games, even the ones I lose badly in and I didn't even have lucky dice, he just played terribly.
>>
>>44434147
...are you gon post it?
>>
>>44434147
Son of a lucky gretchin!
>>
>>44434147
post the video

I want to feed on their asshurt
>>
>>44434147
...?
>>
>>44434147
Anon, next time, you shouldn't mention the bit about owning a YouTube channel. That way, you won't be forced to put up the actual video or look like a liar.
>>
>>44429876
I have only ever rage quit once. it was on roll20 and was a dnd 5e game just after the MM and DMG came out

I had JUST gotten them myself and was planning my own campaign but was itching for a game and decided to try the LFG section. Game seemed decent 'good guys defeat the bad guy' type campaign. talked to DM on skype, seemed like a decent chap (seemed).

game day comes we all show up. No DM. wait a bit then call it. 6hrs later "srry guys my doctor just gave me these new pain pills and I took like a handful and passed out. can we try again next week?"

Im pissed, but still itching for a game, so we agree to give him another chance. next session DM shows up only 1 hr late this time. but he also brought his 2 friends from 'anime club' making the party now 6 people. one of them is playing a homebrewed CE vampire and warns us "you better let me drink from you or i'll kill you". ALSO, the DM has a goblin DMPC. at this point, im gonna leave, but decide to stick around just for today just to see how bad it can get now. start game "so ya i didnt prepare anything for today im just gonna roll stuff form the book"
game commences
>where are we
>let me roll... a forest. roll to see if you have horses
>.... no horses of a 16 apparently
>roll to see if you have shoes
>....
>12 definately no shoes.
>roll to see if you have food
> wtf my kit starts with 10 rations and I bought 3 more with my starting gold
>those are gone and so is your starting gold, i rolled for it

party wander through forest blindly with no goals looking for food. we find a tree with some apples on them. rogue wants apples.
>roll to climb the tree
>16
>ok you get 15 ft up. roll again
>18
>nice ur 30ft up, only 30 more ft to go
>10
>HA YOU FALL TAKE 6D6 DAMAGE
>falling 30ft is only 3d6 and he should get a roll to avoid first 10 ft shouldnt he
>im adding 3d6 damage for landing on the roots
>lvl 1 rogue is dead
so we kept going...
right into a worg ambush
To Be Continued...
>>
Telestrations.
Guy wouldn't fucking turn the page and basically cheat due to incompetance. After the third time of trying to explain to just turn the page he got mad and quit
>>
>>44433831
BRILLIANT!
>>
>>44434499
>5 worgs vs 5 PCs and 1 DMPC
>I have read the MM and DMG, I know this unfair and am salty as fuck
>funny, THIS iswhat got me super salty.
>not the vampire (who only now that combat has started has decided to stop playing dota
>not the shitty DMPC
>a simple unfair fight
>my char, a bard, dies in round 1 to 2 worgs.
>in that time, Goblin DMPC kills 1 worg in 1 hit with a custom spell
>vampire kills 2 worgs with claw attacks (apparently multiattack was part of his homebrew race)
>rage commences

I just wanted to see how bad it would get. ended up losing my cool big time over a little thing. There was no winners in this story, only assholes and 2 hours of wasted lives
>>
>>44432864
he was asking for it with a tiny 20 person bodyguard at 5000 points.
>>
I didn't ragequit but I had an internal monologue of all the reasons why I was never coming back to this shop again. Myself and another guy we're being "taught" to play 40k. I say "taught" because it was more like I was hung out to dry while the teacher would tell the other guy "don't do what he did, that unit cant actually hurt you. Now do this and kill his squad". Whenplay I questioned him about why I was the designated kicking boy before even knowing how to play I was told to learn from my mistakes.
>>
Had one guy rage-quit on me back in the early 90's. Big yelling hissy fit, grabbed his stuff, and stomped to the door. For extra dramatic effect, he put both hands on the door to give it a good and hard slam.

Problem was, it was one of those doors with the pneumatic piston to keep it from swinging too fast. Not only did he fail to slam the door, his hands slid off of it and right into the door jam with a resounding 'crack'; which was quickly followed by the sound of all of us laughing at him.
>>
>>44434824
Ouch
>>
One time i was playing Axis and Allies, and the other guy flipped the table because i tore through his entire fucking AMERICA FUCK YEAH empire he had built up by taking out japan. As his empire crumbled around him, he grew increasingly agitated, until he flipped the table after i won the final combat.
>>
>>44435038
How the fuck did you manage as Axis with a dead Japan.
>>
>>44434147
Post The Video
The The
Video The Post
>>
File: Platinum Angel.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Platinum Angel.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>44429876
Yes.

2x platinum angel and Master Transmuter x2, with ornithopters as an exchange medium.

Transmuter ability is an instant. There was nothing they could do.
>>
Need to know how to make someone rage quit in Dark Heresy 2E trying to constantly kill me because I'm a rank higher than him and he's using the Braizer to act like he's a higher authority than me.

Anyone want to help me on this he's playing as a special snowflake guardsmen woman.
>>
>>44435392
> guardswoman
>>
>>44435392
and your PC is a what now
>>
>>44435392
You could talk to him about it like an adult instead of trying to turn the game into interparty killing shitshow
>>
>>44435500
A Highborn Hierophant Guardsmen whose a Violinist that plays to his fellow troops and was a Sergeant beforehand which is why he was a NCO as-of-now.

He writes songs to his troops to boost their morale and prays contently to the God-Emperor with dedication to him as all other Guardsmen should and has a Cybernetic Voice implant just so he can sing to his entire Regiment his songs to drive away his enemies and inspire his men.
>>
>>44436064
He threw a grenade at me in a munitions room, do you think he's reasonable?

He also has a Braizer as a guardswoman "just because"
>>
>>44435070
he didnt
>>
>>44436398
The point of this thread is rage quit moments not helping your little shit show,
>>
>>44436689
You trying to tell me he lied about this on the internet?
>>
Never did but me and another player came REAL damn close.
Our DM's second game, his first was pretty good for a first timer except after giving us no loot he dropped a ton of gold on us to make up for it and we all went and got geared up and were suddenly hugely more powerful so he freaked out.
That leads into game two. We start the We Be Goblins pathfinder module, figure it's gonna be fun, run around and burn shit, don't really put alot of thought into character creation because it's supposed to be a one off and he says to use low point buy, well makes sense we're goblins after all, even if it ruined my idea for sneaky stabby goblin ninja. Well then he decides he's going to combine it with Skulls and Shackles. Thats right buckos, you're goblin pirates now.
Fuck, so we have no ranks in sailing or anything and our crew is made up of retarded goblins.
The ragequit came when we got to this pirate port (who were all totally cool with us being a whole crew of goblins it seemed) and our rouge/captain tried to sell off the captured trade goods we had for repairs and refits on our ship and the guy tries screwing him over on the exchange, he rolls appraise and gets like a good result but is told "oh but you'd only know the goblin appraisal of it, so you know the shiny hat (a gold crown) is worth ten crunchy bugs." my own moment of rage came when we were going through town and i wanted to get a melee weapon to round out my gear since all i had was a musket (Goblin Gunslinger is actually pretty solid) and when asking to buy a hand axe was told there were none, in a town that builds ships there were no hatchets, handaxes, machetes, or daggers.
>>
>>44436398
It doesn't matter if he is being reasonable or not.

What matters is that if you sink to his level you are just going to ruin the game for everyone involved.

Talk to him. Talk to your GM, as the fact that he keeps getting away with it tells me that the GM is also at fault for enabling such behaviour.

If that doesn't work, tell all the other players about your problem and then leave.
>>
>>44437908
I'm trying to figure it out but he's pretty much the admin of the group I'm in or atleast one and everyone calls him Hitler anyways.

This is one of those times I wish I was in more than one group
>>
>>44434577
>cheating at a fucking party game
What a fucking shitter.
>>
I've caused a few in my time. I'm a grill who plays TCGs, and I'm fairly good at it plus I play rogue deck builds so most players don't know how to play against me well.

Had several instances where a meta-playing guy I just wiped the floor with got salty and quit. Not my fault I've played against meta decks so much I know how to counter almost any variant I see, dude.
>>
>>44439781
London?
>>
>>44439183
>This is one of those times I wish I was in more than one group

This is one of those times when you should be searching for a new group instead of playing in this one.

Revenge only helps you in one way: If you lack the willpower to leave on your own, then you should see how much of a jackass you can become before he helps you by banning you. Leaving you no choice but to find another group.
>>
>>44429876
I made a guy rage quit first time I played Blood Bowl. Knowing the game, he was confident he would crush me using his custom orc team with an ogre champion. I had to play a random human team.

First part of the game he was winning. Second part of the game I changed my strategy and took out his ogre champion and his blitzers while taking only minor casualties. Quickly, I got back on score and then all of a sudden he started to pack the game pretending he was late.
>>
>>44431365

Jesus Christ, what a couple of bastards. Stick with it, there are plenty of non cunts that play 40k.
>>
>>44439781
Are you the girl who played a modern curse mtg deck against my friends and i and wiped us???
>>
>>44433995
Wow, what a fag for sticking around until turn 4.

See how that word is meaningless and means about as much as me calling you a poopybutthead? Just leave the table, cheesemongers feel hollow and have to go home and fap all over their list to make themselves feel like they won that one.
>>
I've ragequit a couple times. I ragequit Magic permanently because everyone else who played it were assholes and I eventually got tired of dealing with them. (Note: It's now 20 years later and I've moved over a thousand miles away from where I grew up and everyone who I know here that plays magic are also unbelievable assholes so I'm not sure it's a fluke). No big story, just got tired of constant verbal abuse, either constant trash talk if I was losing or constant accusations of cheating and ragequits when I was winning.

I ragequit a pathfinder game I was in because there was a woman-child (i.e., a grown-ass woman that acted like she was 14 and not in a kinky way) who was fucking most of the guys in the group and playing head games with us.
>>
>>44442972

I used to have horrific luck in blood bowl so I made a goblin team out of the cheapest most solid plastic miniatures I could find.

This allowed me in moments of extreme poor rolls to let my anger out in a safe way by showing my troll how throw team mate should be done.
>>
File: 1449532229291.jpg (139 KB, 798x573) Image search: [Google]
1449532229291.jpg
139 KB, 798x573
Closest to making somebody rage was when I played a game of 40k with a brony tau player with my Guard.

Game was going along fine until he thought he would be clever and deep strikes behind Inquisitor Coteaz's squad of doom

He all his deep striking units because Coteaz's special rule then started yelling
>YOU NEED TO TELL ME THESE THINGS
>YOU NEED TO TELL ME THATS ONE SQUAD

I did....

>NO YOU DIDNT
>YOU'RE NEW I GET THAT

His friend:"Hows the game going?"

>HE DIDNT TELL ME WHAT HE SHOULD HAVE SO I LOST CUS HES NEW!

Yelling so the whole store can hear him im assuming.

It doesnt help he fancies himself as a tactical genius and brags about beating fluffy Chaos players with 3 his riptide lists he found online.

Best part is he was bragging to people how he list tailored against me before the game started and how I was going to be "Anihilated".
>>
I played in a MtG prerelease (I want to say it was Gatecrash). I think it was the fourth round. It was late, I was still a little noobish and made a mistake or two but was still doing pretty well. The guy I was playing got really upset when he lost a game, mostly because he lost to me. When I won the match he threw his cards down and got upset, then dropped from the tournament.

I didn't think anyone took those so seriously. I still feel bad for making him quit.
>>
>>44429876

I came real close to rage quitting at one point.

>Find a shadowrun 4e game on roll20
>Join game.
>Only GM, me and another player show up at game time.
>GM says that he is currently recovering from flu and is just running a short session to get me into the game.
>Run about getting a chocolate recipe from an abandoned factory.
>My character (a street samurai) goes in the front and the other guys character (a mage) goes in the back.
>GM suddenly declares that a time warp has occurred and my character is now trapped in the past while the mage is still in the present.
>The owner of the factory approaches my character and invites my character on a tour of the factory.
>My character agrees.
>GM then sends pic of the owner.
>Its Willy Wonka
>ok.jpg

(cont)
>>
File: oh_noes.jpg (39 KB, 552x552) Image search: [Google]
oh_noes.jpg
39 KB, 552x552
>>44445674

>Character joins a group of children who are also taking a tour of the factory.
>Oh boy, I looks like my character is being taken through the plot of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
>While my character is being lead though the factory, he is talking to the mage through his commlink and is able to guide him around.
>Mage notices skeletons of children appearing in the present when children start getting killed on the tour.
>My character decides to try stopping a child's death.
>GM tells me to roll willpower and I have to get at least 4 hits to break the magical compulsion on my character.
>Fail
>Another child dies
>Decide to get off of Willy Wonka's wild ride.
>GM asks for another Willpower check.
>I decide to spend some edge to get more dice.
>Get 4 hits
>GM then announces that the target is now 5 and says that the number of hits required to get off the GM's railroad increases with each failed roll.
>Tempted to rage quit right there.
>>
File: ahhhhh.jpg (46 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
ahhhhh.jpg
46 KB, 460x287
>>44445693

>It gets to the point where there is only one kid left (who's called Charlie) and my Street Samurai is has been forced to agree to abandon Shadowrunning and run the Chocolate Factory instead.
>I pretty much give up and tell the GM that there is no point in playing anymore as I have no agency over my character.
>GM says that he expected my character to have broken free long before it got to this point.
>GM declares that my character breaks free and escapes out of the factory back into the present.

>There is no second game as no one shows up.
>>
File: 35536.jpg (28 KB, 460x438) Image search: [Google]
35536.jpg
28 KB, 460x438
>>44445731
>GM says that he expected my character to have broken free long before it got to this point.
>GM then announces that the target is now 5 and says that the number of hits required to get off the GM's railroad increases with each failed roll.

"Why is this faggot not getting out of this god damn factory, better make it harder"
>>
>>44431365
>The GW dude came over and once again told me thats why I shouldnt run forgeworld stuff

This is why we were telling you to report his ass, Games Workshop will chew him out pretty badly if you tell them that story alone.

Not including the other stuff.
>>
>>44433995
I am disappointed that you call him a friend, not an ex-friend.
>>
I made some guy really salty with my casual werewolf deck in MTG. Every time I went to this LGS and this guy was there he always wanted to play against me and my werewolves. This guy would get visibly angry and shit when losing. One I was there and he just came in, so I played him. He played 3 different decks and lost with each one and then he left very pissed off.
>>
>>44446626

My friend did a similar thing with his tribal Soldier EDH deck.

This super control faggot always showed up to the LGS we used to go to on EDH nights and would just play balls to the walls control, usually mono blue or dimir.

My friend brought his soldiers once and got a lucky round in and smoked the guy. This was the control player got second on edh in a long time and after standings were put out he spent the rest of the time we were there asking for rematches and inflating his own ego telling anyone who would listen how often he usually wins.

I am glad we stopped going there that guy ruined EDH and the owner never stopped him.
>>
>>44435372
You realize you can just use MT to pick up and put the PA down right? PA can't be targeted when you do it either, since putting it in your hand is a cost.
>>
>>44445731
that seems like a cool idea though; having a character in the past navigating the building in it's prime while telling another character where to go in the dilapidated present version.
>>
>>44444818
I would love to see that
>>
>>44445099
>He all his deep striking units because Coteaz's

I think you accidentally a few words in there
>>
File: the_horned_ones_by_feliciacano.jpg (92 KB, 864x559) Image search: [Google]
the_horned_ones_by_feliciacano.jpg
92 KB, 864x559
>>44429876
This image made me ragequit Cthulhutech. It's the only time I've ever ragequit an entire RPG line over a single monster entry.

What sort of people do the Wildfire staff even play with that they think this would be acceptable? You can kiss any dramatic tension goodbye the second your PCs shoot them in the face while screaming "YIFF IN HELL, FURFAGS."

Creatures born of Shubb Niggurath should look something like this http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/overlordmaruyama/images/e/ee/Dark_Young.png/revision/latest?cb=20150726055747

Granted, it wasn't only the Horny...ahem Horned Ones that made me ragequit. CT's ass horrible rules, "adventures" which are more like one page bullet-pointed plot summaries which are incredibly inflexible and outright state that the pcs will die or get raped if they stray from the plot railroad, and the fact that they managed to make a really interesting concept (Tagers) the least fun to play already pissed me off. The Horned Ones were just the straw that broke the camel's back.
>>
>>44447973
>What sort of people do the Wildfire staff even play with that they think this would be acceptable?

In b4 "people who are mature, HERP DERP."
>>
I thankfully didn't rage. I was playing Warmahordes at a local the foodmachine tournament. And I had won my first game and before our second we had lunch, and I carpooled with my next opponent. After we ate he stopped at the local Walmart to buy 100 cans of food to give his colossal +1 to all stats ,and basically make me re-role every role that hit him. To counter this I just went for objectives because it was the only thing I could do, and I lost because he made me re-role my final to hit on the last objective. In the final game I played against a cheesy Cygnar gunline who just obliterated my tier 4 CoC Axis list. After that I just left before the rest of the people had finished there 3rd round.
>>
A guy got upset one time that everyone including the dm was not taking Role Playing Games seriously, apperently one of my crimes was that my calavlier was inspired by Jaldaboath, and he didn't like that.
>>
>>44446787
This reminds me that at the same LGS I played the owner in EDH. For background the owner gets really salty when losing and he is not a very good deck builder either. Now to continue, I just finished off my Prossh EDH deck and the owner wanted to play, so I thought why not? Not even five minutes into the game the owner has to go do something else, so he asks my friend to play the deck for him.

I continued the game with my friend and beat him. The owner comes back and asks how the game went and we told him that my friend lost. The owner then starts saying how my friend didn't play the deck right and that I should play against him with him actually using the deck.

Easily beat the owner and I see that he is visibly salty/angry. He asks to play again and I agree to, but he changes the commander of his deck. I beat him and I know this guy is really pissed off. Thankfully my friend wanted to leave after that game.
>>
>>44430929
The first step to overcoming a problem is to acknowledge it anon, good job.
>>
I just moved to santa clarita ca went to a shop called gaming attic. They said they had legacy turnys so I went the first chance I had. Brought my homunculus deck and stomped this guy turn for 4. He picks up his cards while saying my deck isnt legal in legacy.
4 vault of whispers
4 seat of synod
3 glimmervoid
3 halimar depths
2 bojuka bog
2 island
2 swamp
4 grinding station
3 altar`s reap
4 counterspell
4 diabolic intent
4 reshape
3 intruder alarm
4 time sieve
4puppet conjurer
2 spellskite
4 sliver myr
2 glaze fiend
2 disciple of the vault
Its not great but runs 50/50 most of the time. Tell guy to bite me and start packing the cards up. Guy tells me to pack my shit and get out of his shop. Look around and everyone's giving me the stink eye. Ask to see proof of ownership. Two guys from behind me pick me up and throw me out the door, my shit blowing in the wind. Never went back again. Keep hearing stories about the place that will tg tests cringe. biased rulings, botched turnys, and preteen kids swearing of tg forever. This is the kind of shit the gives tg a bad name let alone the fact there ruining people's fun when your there to spend money on their merchandise
>>
>>44439183
Ditto
>>
>>44433720

Nah, that just illustrates the important of actually talking with the group about setting, style and goals before starting. It's amazing how many stories like this can be avoided if people just talk it out like adults first.
>>
>>44448509
I would like to hear those stories.
>>
I've told this story before, but it's always fun to share.

Playing at a 40k tournament back in 4th edition. Playing my SM bulletstorm list. List puts out an insane amount of dakka per turn from Ass Cannons, Heavy Bolters, Whirlwinds etc In essence, it works well against hordes and pretty well against everything else.

I'm actually going well for once as I'm on 3 wins, so towards the top of the leader board.

4th round begins and I'm playing Nids. Good for me, bad for him. Mission states that a lot of units begin in reserves. I get first turn. I wipe out his units. His turn, his units move on. 2nd turn, wiped out again except one Lictor. 3rd turn, the same thing happens.

4th turn he flips the fucking table. Army is wrecked. Guy is permabanned from the event. I place high enough and get a Landraider.
>>
>>44447973
I know Cthulhutechs writer personally. He gets pretty into his ideas for how things work and usually does not consider how other people want to run his worlds, because he's sure he's already figured out the coolest way to do things. He writes good stuff and runs it well. It's just not designed to be run in any other way.

Explains a ton of stuff about all of his games.
>>
>>44449949
I hope he got punched really bloody hard for that.
>>
>>44451501
So what's his deal with all the rape and furries and general math fuckery?
>>
>>44452032
> general math fuckery

I have not heard this complaint about Cthulhutech before. Could someone elaborate upon it ?
>>
>>44452095
I'm not terribly familiar with the system, but from what I've heard there can be pretty much zero "class" overlap becausebof the huge power discrepancies, and that the dice pool math in general could be pretty wonky.
>>
>>44452032
I can only answer for the math fuckery. He's pretty worried about his game systems feeling like other game systems. This come across with some cool new mechanics. This also brings with it a lot of complications.
>>
>>44452095
Basically the Cthulhutech dice poker system results in a really screwed up probability curve.
>>
>>44455764
I've never had reason to loom at Cthulutech. What the hell does dice poker mean?
>>
>>44455764
Remember that you are talking to people who have never looked at Cthulhutech. Throwing out unexplained terms like 'dice poker' doesn't help anyone.

What do you mean by 'dice poker' ?

How does that result in a screwed up probability curve ?
>>
>>44433831
Damn that's brilliant.
>>
>>44433901

In other words, just playing the game at max difficulty?
>>
>>44445693

Wouldn't rage quit, but would definitely pretend to get a very important text, make an excuse to leave, and never play in a game that guy runs, though.
>>
>>44457575
Wait till you see how people try to hide the cheating in high level chess tournaments:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34184940

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/14/chess-grandmaster-caught-using-iphone-to-cheat-during-international-tournament/
>Gaioz Nigalidze’s rise through the ranks of professional chess began in 2007, the year the first iPhone was released. In hindsight, the timing might not be coincidental.
>>
>>44457735

I can't believe he got that far in the first place.
>>
File: 1444831563019.jpg (186 KB, 660x560) Image search: [Google]
1444831563019.jpg
186 KB, 660x560
I once had a GW store manager going into rage mode when me and a few friends played Legends of the Old West at a GW store.

Non GW games were flatout banned
And non GW minis were banned

The exception being if GW dident make minis for a unit AND you could not convert it from GW kits.

2 of the store workers and a bunch of the people there were hella interested in it and asking all kinds of questions.

A shame they decided it was too fun and that the historicals department must die because fun must not exist in GW.

But who knows. I have a slight lingering hope it will be brought back with the new department heading up the revamp of Blood Bowl, BFG, necromunda ect ect.
>>
>>44430576
>that guy, who plays orcs.

No shit. All that guys in ttrpg play orcs and orc equivalents.
>>
>>44429876
I wouldn't call it a rage quit, but I outplayed a dude so hard in a Warmahordes tourney one game that he all but forfeited to me, only staying because he wanted me to earn more points for tiebreakers.

It was neat, because on one had it was an incredibly difficult match for me, list wise, but I mostly outplayed him so hard because he had no idea what my army did. He wasn't really a terrible player, didn't make any mistakes, he just didn't know what he needed to do to win.

The funny part is that he kept leaving himself open for assassination and I just refused to take it, because the match is so bad for me. I had to clock him.
>>
>>44429876
>not just shooting the player while he's talking

not the character
>>
>>44447713

Trying to re-format on phone is awful.

He deep struck some tau units behind coteaz's squad and got promptly blasted because of Coteaz's special rule "I've been expecting you."
>>
>>44439781
Roasted lips.
>>
>>44429876
I constantly cause other players to rage. I'm effectively the hazing machine at the local college for the MTG scene. Effectively to see if they have patience or can think, I throw a singular deck at scrubs. It's called the cold war and the entire point is to make the game go to a standstill. Only way it loses is to burn, mill or repetitive wipes/enchantment removal. Because making my opponent have no graveyard, upkeeps, artifact activations, or field presence while having to pay 40-60+ mana per creature attacking tends to crush their spirits. So we play until we deck out. Mine has over 60 and generally wins against any deck that relies on card draw, ramp or other methods of thinning the deck, even if by one card. It's nicely filtered people into three categories. The ragers, the players and the anti-funs. We only take players into the group.
>>
>>44433528
Durham UK?
>>
>>44429876
I rage quit in DH, after my Sister of Battle had over the past few sessions been a repeated witness of gross heresy by the psyker. Happily poking at anything that looked heretical, eagerly accepting any corruption, swearing loudly when, on a random roll, he lost all his corruption points. Eventually, after having repeated at least a dozen times over the sessions - OOC and IC - that i would have to violently respond to his actions, i just fucking told the GM my character walked out of the building and sat in the car to wait. The inquisitor would not let me get the authority to order the psyker to not gobble up heretical material, i couldn't kill him myself (because bullet stopping powers), the fucking priest player was semi-AFK every session, only waking up when we'd shout his name twice or thrice, and his only reponse to these conflicts was to use his huge fellowship to stop my sister from attacking.
It should also be noted that my sister was already in the party when he made the psyker, and i repeatedly told him during his chargen that i would be forced to react to heresy. Dropped the sister after that final session, started playing a tech-priest instead.
>>
>>44460458
Eh, a simmering Sister Of Battle, barely held back by a heresy friendly Inquisitor sounds fun to play.

You could have her agonising over it, if it is for the greater good, if the inquisitor has been corrupted, see if the GM wants to run a future arc where she snaps tries to kill the psyker and goes to work for another inquisitor while you roll up another PC.

While you play her as frequent cameos as a member of a heretic rival party.
>>
>>44460499
Er heretic-hating rather, I'm imagining Miko from Order Of The Stick, basically.
>>
>>44429876
I made a friend of mine rage quit during a duel game of chivalry. He was playing a vanguard and couldn't handle that I as an archer either shot him down before he could reach me, or that I beat him in a sword fight despite having a weaker class for it
>>
>>44460499
It was real fun in the beginning, but i repeatedly had to essentially choose to ignore all rules of the sisterhood, or shoot him. I mean, he may not have said it in-game, but OOC he kept talking about how he wanted to get the corruption points neccessary to become a sorcerer, and how awesome it would be when it happened.

I had plenty of fun with his previous character; a scum-like guardsmen serving with us only because we had the trigger for his explosive collar. Great moments of interrogating innocent civilians, shootouts with gangs and, of course, the time when the guardsman died, closely tied to the 13 or so frags he had on him, half-dozen krak and meltas, and the collar itself. There was some great minor friction between his casual cynicism and dislike for clergy and zealous people, but we made a fun duo. Didn't quite have so fun with the psyker, in my opinion.
>>
>>44460242

You sound so full of yourself.
>>
>>44460615
It's just a card game, bro!
>>
>>44460242
Why is it called the cold war? Those doesn't make any fucking sense.
>>
>>44460719

Both players too afraid to play anything in attack. Instead forced to slowly build up their own powerbase until they get to a stage where they can wipe the opponent in a single move. Neither side can get there.

Cold War.
>>
>>44460719

M.A.D
>>
>>44460749
Oh, so you'd have to be an idiot to play it?
>>
what's the difference between concedeing and rage quitting?
>>
I once made a tau player ragequit because I killed his crisis deathstar with some admech
he then proceeded to tell me I was an asshole because apparently I didn't say they had 2 plasma guns even if I told him and we played whatyouseeiswhatyouget
>>
>>44460896
Conceding is saying you've lost and politely packing up. Ragequitting is throwing a fit or getting overly butthurt. Anyone who says there's no difference and that you should play it out anyways is a prick.
>>
>>44460944
But what if crushing people new to my hobby is my one ray in my sad shell of a life?
>>
>>44460958
Got some news for you. You're a prick.

But you already knew that, didn't you?
>>
>>44439781
>>44439803
>>44443195

> /tg/ the only board where I'm a girl btw still gets responses
>>
>>44429876
When I was little I once played chess with one of my sisters
When she was about to win I literally flipped the board and said smug I am sorry it was an accident.
Not very proud about that and cringe every time I think back.
>>
>>44461424
But what did telling us she's a girl add to the story?

>I've caused a few in my time. I play TCGs, and I'm fairly good at it plus I play rogue deck builds so most players don't know how to play against me well.

>Had several instances where a meta-playing guy I just wiped the floor with got salty and quit. Not my fault I've played against meta decks so much I know how to counter almost any variant I see, dude.

Absolutely nothing. So it seems fair people call her out on it.
>>
>in GW shop on a saturday
>tons of people there painting and talking with the GW rep
>I'm painting a cryptek for my necron army
>guy comes over, he plays chaos marines
>asks how many points of guys I have
>"just over 1000"
>"oh you should play a game with me"
>we both go to get our armies
>when I get back he's already there with his two brothers
>neither of them even play 40k
>long story short he fails every roll and rage quits when by the 2nd turn I have most of my army alive
>>
>>44434174
>>44434239
>>44434239
>>44434363
>>44434391
>>44435326

> post ur YT channel on 4chan so the assorted no life trolls here can dedicate the next 2 years of their lives to stalking you on the internet

yeah, no thanks guys.
>>
>At a pre-release for a Magic set about a year ago
>LGS has a small footprint and is pretty fucking packed
>Little more than 50 people
>Guy with gf, she's sitting in the isle, not part of the event
>Shop-owner comes up to them right before it starts
>"Excuse me, I can't have you sitting there. It's a fire hazard."
>She hands him her chair
>Shop Owner sets it against the wall expecting her to watch from there
>He turns around to see gf sitting on bf's lap
>Taking up the same amount of space
>"I'm sorry, I can't have you doing that either."
>Gf loses her shit
>'C'mon, we don't want to play here anyway!"
>We know who wares the pants now

My group doesn't see that guy too often but we give him shit for caving into his gf when we do.
>>
>>44457735

12,000 pounds is worth cheating for desu. that's like 30,000CDN or about what a working stiff makes in a year.
>>
>>44461591
I felt like there was an implied "Sometimes guys ragequit bc they were being beat by a girl."
>>
>>44444784
Magic is a big hobby and unlike a lot of other nerd hobbies it's one where even at a relatively low level you're formally paired with an opponent. It makes it harder to avoid assholes when you're paired up with them at FNM.

>>44439781
That's not a grill thing, that's a rogue deck thing. A lot of Magic players don't deal well with stuff they've not read about online prior to the match, throwing a rogue deck into a meta means suddenly people's sideboards don't work well and people get very frustrated. A certain kind of person doesn't like it when what 'should' happen doesn't, they get very frustrated when their loyal netdecked meta-aware sideboard doesn't do anything.
>>
>>44447403
It's an awesome idea, everything about it sounds awesome except the large and increasing difficulty to break the railroad. I'd love a DM trying something like this for a laugh.
>>
>>44462216
Main reason why I stay to kitchen casual. Only place where you can have a fun game of "unpack and play" without people sperging out over shit.
>>
>>44461823
So your story's fake and gay and you're a lying faggot.

Gotcha.
>>
>>44462295
>Namecalling anon thinks he has a right to stalk an anonymous anon.
>>
>>44462313
>This amount of paranoia about a fake story.

Yeah, whatever man.
>>
>>44461830

> shitvirginsdo
>>
>>44462295

What's really sad about that is that would actually work on you.

> post your video
> no thanks, I'd rather not be stalked online
> you're a faggot
> oh, ok, here's my channel
> great, now i'm going to stalk you for 2 years

That's how you'd handle it. Because you actually are a faggot.
>>
>>44429876
Any game? Video game?
>CoH
>playing against friend
>PE my way around the map and control everything in three minutes
>he ragequits
>>
>>44461519
Don't worry, she knew it wasn't an accident.
>>
>>44462472
>Implying some shitty little batrep channel is worth that much time and effort

Good lord the paranoia is thick here.
>>
>>44462472
I think its time to go back to reddit if youre too scared to fucking post a youtube channel.
>>
Do you know what's worse than rage quitting?

>be at a local gaming group in college
>playing with people there
>this one girl joins, let's call her H
>H loves to win. But more than that, she hates to lose.
>the second she starts losing however, she picks someone else in the game "allies" with them, and will then hamstring herself so that person is guaranteed to win.
>Not even the other guy's fault, he usually has no way to refuse the help
>game is immeadiately distorted in that person's favour and they tend to win because of it

Anyone else know people who do that? People who will wreck game balance once they know they can't win?
>>
>>44462661

Depends on the game. I know in risk, thats the classic thing to do once you have fallen out of the possibility of winning. Dick around and use your remaining powers to spite one person and help another.
>>
File: 1441479305062.jpg (21 KB, 233x227) Image search: [Google]
1441479305062.jpg
21 KB, 233x227
>>44462661
>That guy who doesn't care in board or video games if he wins. He just made his goal that YOU loose.
>>
>>44460242
You sound like such an officious douche.
>Nyeh-he-he play against my shitty unfun deck, I the self-important arbiter of being a cunt.
>>
>>44460242
Goddamn dude, you're a monster shithead, you know that?
>>
>>44462661
>be playing the Game of Thrones strategy board game with two friends
>I'm Lannister, keeping the Raven token all game long
>Fighting a war on two fronts against the Starks and Baratheons
>Use superior planning and order token swapping to wreck them
>5 turns in Stark player puts all their troops on my border and sits there defending
>Literally tells Baratheon to invade the heart of his territory to claim forts
>Stark starts supporting Baratheon's troops at every engagement and vice versa
>I'm expecting a sudden betrayalon turn 7 or 8 by Stark
>Nope, game ends with Baratheon having one more fort than me, two of which he only captured that turn
>You know, Stark's home territory, leaving him with 0 forts
>Stark literally threw the game just to spite me
>Patting each other on the back about how clever they were
>Never played with those people again
>>
>>44462749
>>44462684
>>44462661
They're called Kingmakers.
They blow ass.
>>
File: 1448395237537.png (102 KB, 450x443) Image search: [Google]
1448395237537.png
102 KB, 450x443
>>44462879
I would fucking murder him
>>
I was playing Tiny Leaders with Kemba as my leader. Board state was 30 or so cats on my side and Nantuko Husk with 30 or so tokens on enemy side, I had one unblockable unit and just attacked him for 3 damage every turn, after 4 turns he conceded. He looked at next two cards off the top of his deck, one of them was Rakdos Charm. He raged pretty hard.
>>
I somehow managed to get someone to ragequit at Cards Against Humanity.

We were with five people, but only three spoke fluent English. The two others (both new to the game) could understand the cards well enough, but their pronunciation was horrible. To compensate, we made a simple rule: first you place the card on the table, then you read it out loud. This way, people can read along.

The first one to read the cards had trouble pronouncing things, but since everyone could read along everyone got the joke and we had some laughs.

Then the second one got her turn. She took the black card, held it in front of her, read it out loud and then put the card down. We kindly reminded her of the rule. After handing her the stack of white cards, she took the first white card, held it in front of her, read it out loud, and then put the card down. Again, we reminded her of the rule, as nobody understood what she said.

This process continued for four more white cards, with us repeating the same rule again and again in increasingly annoyed tones. Nobody laughed, and a few pretty good jokes were wasted.

The next time she got her turn as judge, she -guess what- read the card out loud and then put it down, so I said "look <name>, it's simple. FIRST put the card down, THEN read it. Do you understand?" to which the reply was a half-hearted "okay".

She then managed to screw up again, so the group collectively groaned and stated the rule AGAIN. She then stood up and said "This game sucks" and left.

She later explained that she didn't put them down because she had trouble reading them at that distance but 'forgot' to say so, yet insists she doesn't need glasses.
>>
>>44463555
Sounds adorable as fuck.
>>
>>44431365
nothing irritates me more than people who can't play 40k without shitting on people

there are plenty of people who aren't assholes and who play 40k, don't quit on your army yet dude
>>
>>44433696
nat 1's can realy fuck you up dude, it was all dice don't worry about it

I got my shit fucked by a pit trap once because of bad dice
>>
>>44462879
Did you try taunting them?
At least after the match you could have mock the Stark player how he was crushed and describe what you would have done with all the inhabitants of Winterfell.
>>
>>44463555
This is why I don't play games with girls like you filthy normies. REEEEEEEE
>>
>>44462278
>large and increasing difficulty to break the railroad
how so?
>>
>>44462904
No they don't you just need to accept them as a legitimate strategy.

Coming in 2nd is better than coming in 3rd is better than coming in 4th and so on. The goal of the kingmaker strategy is to ensure that you come in as high a place as possible while ensuring that the people who made it impossible for you to win finish up below you.

When you expend all of your resources to ensure that someone else can't win you shouldn't be surprised that they leverage their remaining power to finish ahead of you. You didn't outplay them and they're not trying to spite you. They're doing what they can to ensure that they finish in as high a position as they can. As they should. Silver is better than bronze.

You want to beat someone who you think will go for the kingmaker? Hold off on your kill stroke until it's too late for them to respond, target everyone with about the same amount of stuff, avoid targeting a player who was targeted by the majority of the other players that turn or in the previous turn. Board game strategy is as much about mind games with your opponents and their attitudes as it is the rules of the specific game.

Finally, any tactic can be a dick move or civil, it's all about how you act when making the play. Yes, even kingmaking.
>>
>>44429876
>Hear about a "casual" unbound 40k tournament shortly after 40k &E was released with prizes for thematic army, paint job etc.
>Bring my best painted everything: firestorm redoubt, Raptor chapter marines(mostly scouts with some lasdevs), and a Knight.
>Arrive, a guy makes a remark about my knight
>"Well what did you bring?"
>Shows off a poorly painted and assembled whitescars powerlist copy and pastedoff the internet a billion times
>Look around, primed tau powerlist, okayish eldar powerlist, etc etc.
>My best painted list obviously gets rolled once but I manage not to lose horribly and draw the second time by the cut of my jib
>Final round vs Tau player
>Claims hes an expert on fighting marines because he plays space wolves. Has a drone/riptide spam list.
>Clearly hasn't read the updates to 7e from 6e BRB because he talks about how he almost brought shadowsun to attach to riptides which was a loophole in 6th but explicitly corrected in 7th
>I get first turn charge up my knight fire off battlecannon against his suit commander he left out front of drones.
>Fails LoS! and cover goes to get a die to mark the wound
>Inform him its S8 vs his T4.
>Adamantly claims it's toughness 5
>Prove him wrong
>My next turn I charge up my knight into one of his riptides
>Charge succeeds, roll a 6 on the destroyer table and obliterate riptide
>He quits on the spot despite being in a position to blow up my knight and probably table me if he were competent.
>Not only do I knock him out of placement I get 3rd due to claiming every possible objective for that game.

Felt great man. Made the whole trip worth it.

The Whitescar player won it and one of the eldar players got 2nd.
>>
>>44464569
&E -> 7E*
>>
I got close twice.

First time, second game of 40k ever, my 1500 points of mechanized IG that spams templates vs two Felblades, I think they were they were resistant to meltaguns is all I remember, and a Rhino. By turn 3 all I have left capable of possibly damaging the tanks is my Basilisk battery and he's already across the board. There wasn't really any possible chance of winning and I felt pretty salty about it, but there pretty much wasn't much chance of me winning even if I was a seasoned vet with the lists.

Second time was my 2k Grey Knights list with 20 models split into 6 different units. I went against two people who kept saying they each got a Warlord trait and also brought a Riptide and two Dreadknights. All game they kept talking about how powerful their shit was and how screwed I was.

Why do people think my obviously non competitive lists need to be countered by the most overpowered units available to them?
>>
>>44462472
Go home friend
>>
>>44464460
Whenever I see it, there's no way they're coming in second. They're coming in dead last, just to try to fuck with the rest of the game. There's no tactics or mind games involved.
>>
> Pathfinder with friends online.
> High power gestalt game (I think ~10th lvl)
> Let us take racial levels and adjustments for one side of the gestalt if we wanted (This is broken as hell btw)
> Make a half celestial barbarian because RIGHTEOUS ANGER
> Everyone's excited and things start off pretty well.
> We stumble across a few issues in town. We're handling things well, but there's some collateral property damage despite best efforts.
> Couple guys are being a bit lol-randumb, but I can deal as long as they aren't going chaotic stupid murderer.
> Local ruler calls the people for a proclamation.
> Bad dudes with evil auras behind him.
> Clearly under mind control of some sort.
> Declares us evil and calls for our heads.
> "Alright, I'm gonna fly up there to free him."
> DM: "No, you don't."
*record scratch*
> "I have wings, I'm fully capable of flight."
> "No, you don't fly up there, you're going to run."
> "Like fuck I'm running, I'm gonna try and free him."
> "There's a bunch of guards"
> "This is my care face."
> "You aren't going to go up and fight them..."

This went on for 15 minutes before I said fuck it and bailed.
>>
>>44464587
> Ampersand edition brought back the Squats!
>>
>>44465139
CHOO CHOO

Read DM of the Rings for catharsis
http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=612
>>
File: 0799ab9057dff2761.jpg (108 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
0799ab9057dff2761.jpg
108 KB, 460x288
>>44434222
>>44434222
>>
>>44431109
Reminds me of a small story. Wasn't rage quit, but was still a lot of butthurt.

Got invited to a group. The DM loved me, but one of his long time players was a very NoFunAllowed Space-Marine loving kind of guy who wanted his fantasy to be serious all the time. Didn't like my slightly goofy aristocratic and naive wizard. We were going to the first town after all the character introductions, and he was like "Nah, this town seems like trouble, I go around" while the rest of us go in. He just sits on the sideline like a baby who had his toy taken away from him, staring at his phone. He claimed he did it because his bus was going to stop running soon, but then stayed there listening for a full 2 hours afterwards.

We had a blast at the session, and then I don't get invited back for it. I ran into the DM later on and he said "Well, *I* liked you, but that guy didn't like the character you had, and told me if you showed up again, he wouldn't. Sorry man".

I got a new group, but that tryhard still irks me to this day.
>>
>>44429876
Is it a rage quit if I concede before losing?
>>
>>44465139
> "No, you don't fly up there, you're going to run."
This guy could at least cover himself with a story, like magic force field or strong wind.
Rail roader get so lazy this days.
>>
>>44466134
If you're mature, calm and gracious about it, no, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
>>44466134
>44434222
hell no, most of my MtG games end with one side conceding, rather than spend another 10 minutes slowly losing.
>>
>>44457988
>Surprised that non-GW games are not allowed in a GW store

Well duh, you can't get food from a French restaurant then take it to a Chinese restaurant to eat it.
>>
>>44464460
You don't understand my friend. Once a player just starts to lose, they must douse themselves in diesel fuel and ignite themselves so that the mighty victor may enjoy their win without the trouble of playing a fun game.
>>
>>44466134
No. I was playing basic Catan once, got screwed by the dice and literally could not build any more settlements past my initial two. Literally completely encircled within the first twenty dice-rolls. I did the math, I'd have to upgrade both to Cities, get Largest Army, and get four of the five +1 VP cards in order to win. This was all while I was getting maybe 1 resource every four or five dice rolls and without access to Stone, making such a task more or less impossible.

I got up, said that I forfeited, and had a drink. That's just how things go sometimes in Catan, and it's not their fault for playing smart. At the same time it's not fair to have a player sit at the table, participating without a chance of victory.
>>
>>44431109
Honestly, Anon, you should probably check with the group before making goofy characters. It can work, and work very well, but the rest of the group needs to be okay with it. I'm not going to accuse you of being That Guy, but I am suggesting you are in danger of becoming That Guy.

Just be a little more careful, and tone down the goofiness at the very least.
>>
>Work Christmas dinner
>Packs of trivia cards on table to pass time waiting for courses
>We start playing
>Entire table rage quits when I have 14 points vs their 4

I just want to play a trivia game, dammit.
>>
>>44462516
Are you fucking kidding, tripfag?

This is 4chan, home of Anonymous. Not a place for everyone to put on trips and post their youtube channels.
>>
>>44467119
I have a couple of friends who do almost exactly this. I don't think they realize how much they suck the fun out of the evening by being in a sour mood.

They're not really sore losers either, per say. It's more like as soon as they think that they can no longer take first, they just give up and do the bare minimum to continue playing without regard to strategy. They'll do this and sit there quietly wearing a scowl and then one up anyone who dares so much as utter a complaint about their hand, or the dice, or what have you and openly admit to having given up and proclaimed their loss if someone asks about or critiques their strategy.

One time one of them even won the game after making it miserable for everyone else by doing this because he had miscounted someone else's points.
>>
>>44462516
>if you want to stay anonymous you should go to Reddit
>>
>Get invited to an ongoing Corporation game
>Basically Dues Ex with some minor psychic stuff
>Rest of party is special ops guys, one's a cyborg, they're a fire team for a megacorp
>Friend asks if I can make a support character since they're all combat types
>Talk with GM, make an overweight socialite Hercule Poirot knockoff
>He's their representative with the megacorp they work for, gets them money and gear
>He's also there to evaluate their skills for promotion and stuff since he used to be a detective
>Game starts, introduce my character, he's a charming buffoon
>Witty banter with the helicopter pilot NPC the group picked up
>Everybody's laughing, I figure I'm off to a good start
>Mission starts, it's a quick in-and-out at a rival megacorp facility, low risk but we're taking every precaution
>My character gets in the chopper with the pilot NPC and the demolitions expert PC
>Plan is for the rest to infiltrate on the ground level while we give eyes from above
>Demo man is packing some serious heat in case we need to blow the roof for extraction
>Ten minutes (real-life) into the mission the demo man turns to the GM and says "I place a brick of C4 on the helicopter, grab all the parachutes, jump out, and then blow it up."
>Stunned silence for about 5 seconds, then the GM says "Okay, roll for it."
>Demo man's player rolls really well both to set up the C4 properly (and quietly) and to grab the parachutes without being seen.
>My character's in the copilot seat watching the ground level, there's no way he'd notice this happening behind him.
>I ask if I can roll to notice, GM says I can, I barely make it
>After the guy has jumped out, of course
>My character turns, looks at the C4, sees the lack of parachutes, and says "Merde."
>Helicopter blows up, my character and NPC die instantly, zero chance of survival
>I turn to the demo man player and ask him why he did that
>"I felt like it."
>I ask the GM what I can do
(Continuned)
>>
>>44467324
Are you fucking kidding?

This is 4chan, a website that everyone knows about and most have visited at least once in their life. You could slap the keyboard in the youtube search, hit enter, close your eyes, and have you cat click on a video and you'd be watching something made by someone who went to 4chan at least once.

Forgive me for rambling, but all the anonymity you lose by posting your youtube account is that you made at least one post on 4chan
>>
>>44467379
Not them, but I can understand. There's a point in any game I call "the Winning point" which is that, beyond that point in the game, barring egregious human error, the winner has already been determined. I HATE playing past this point, because then the game loses interest to me.

Sorta ontopic story, I rage quit an entire game because I was winning too hard and the loser was insisting that we kept playing. And when I say entire game, I don't mean that match, I mean I stopped playing that game.

>Playing Go
>Right from the get-go, I was destroying this guy's territory
>He was pretty skilled, so this was no teaching match, but he made hilariously bad plays underestimating me
>Turn 50
>Stops being as hilarious
>The average length of a Go game is around 250 moves
>The winning point had already been reached at move 70
>We're at move 100
>I have so many points over him that the game is no longer fun
>"Hey, this match is kinda already over, right?"
>"No no, let's keep playing"
>"I mean, dude, I'll let you have the win, and we can play again."
>"No no, this is interesting, let me play it out"
>20 turns later of this same conversation of "I want to quit, I'll even forfeit to let YOU win" and "No, I want to see this through!"
>Fed up with this
>Place hands on board
>Scoop up ALL of the stones on the board in a single motion
>"You win."
>The look of shock and horror on his face
>Stay in complete awkward silence to help him clean up
>Get up and leave
>Never return to Go club again

Felt like an asshole, but holy shit does Go have a serious problem with the winning point showing up super early in a long game.
>>
>>44467447
>GM tells me to make a new character, he'll let me play it next session
>Until then he wants me to watch the rest of this session in silence
>Even if I make a new character in five minutes he won't let me re-join until after this mission
>I ask the GM if I should expect this kind of instant-death party-killing bullshit with my next character
>GM tells me that I could have kicked the brick of C4 out of the helicopter if I'd wanted to live
>He goes on to say that it's kind of my own fault I died because I didn't think to get a parachute or have cybernetics to reduce damage from falling or explosions
>I tell him to fuck off and leave
>My friend stays with the game, doesn't say anything during the whole incident
>He later asks me to come back to the game
>I refuse
>>
File: 1346349740282.jpg (31 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1346349740282.jpg
31 KB, 256x192
>>44467621
>>Until then he wants me to watch the rest of this session in silence
He expected you to just waste your time as if you have nothing better to do? Screw him.
>>
>>44467557
I think you don't/didn't understand his mindset. I've been that guy before though.

He obviously has some love for the game, and if he's at least as skilled as you has recognized that he lost. The thing is, he want's to see how hard the hole is to crawl back out of. For him the game being over isn't a detriment to his fun, instead he found a new puzzle to complete in the game itself that will test his ability and ultimately make him a better player.

The fastest way to get better at anything is by taking on an unwinnable situation and trying to win.
>>
>>44467820
As I define the winning point, the only win possible for him was for me to make a catastrophic mistake. If there had been a prize on the line, I would have forgiven him, but assuming he could still win and continue playing past that point, to me at least, was a little insulting, which may have been what grated on my nerves so much.
>>
>>44467859
"I win. We're done here."
"Hold on, I'd like to see how close I can make it."
"Fuck you. I win. We're done."

You're the worst kind of player.
>>
File: That's Nice.jpg (30 KB, 245x229) Image search: [Google]
That's Nice.jpg
30 KB, 245x229
>>44468031
Yup.
>>
>>44468056
Given how Go conduct works, you're both pretty shit imo
>>
File: Smile.png (3 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
Smile.png
3 KB, 493x402
>>44468092
Okay.
>>
File: 4QPCPq6.gif (3 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
4QPCPq6.gif
3 MB, 260x195
I was playing a 'Ard Boys 2500 point tourney at my FLGS, where cheesy, over the top lists were encouraged. Second game this dude who had been bragging about how "OP" his army was was my opponent. He brought a Guard parking lot with a few vets and made a perfect square of them all in one corner of the board, with leman russes shielding the other squishier artillery and support. He gloated that There was no way that i could get past his wall of AV 14. Then I seized the initative and my 3 skyhammer annihilation forces came in. All grav, and sergents on the assault squads with power fists. I wiped out all his Leman russes, chimeras, and Pask turn one. He flipped his shit, and surrendered, screaming that I took all the fun out of the game. Sorry man, but there was a deliberate "no best sportsman" rule in effect. He stopped complaining when in my next game I was rekt by a admech war conclave with flesh tearer pods. I didn't Rage and took my ass thrashing like a man though.
>>
File: 9mR75LC.jpg (85 KB, 550x456) Image search: [Google]
9mR75LC.jpg
85 KB, 550x456
>>44463555
>playing games with foreigners
>>
>>44460242
Good system but I wouldn't keep people that get mad from joining the group unless they were unfunny assholes about it.
>>
>>44468271
I've only ever had a problem with greek people.
>>
>>44468336
Did he eat the pizza and always insist he's pay you back later but never do? And then he continues to eat your pizza every time without paying until some other group member comes in and gets serious with the dude about paying you back and now the Greek dude is hosting a yard sale to pay for all the pizza he made.
>>
>>44460769
Mutually Assured Destruction, friend.
>>
>>44468336
Everyone does.
>>
>>44468510
they both spoke terrible english, one played in a super loud internet cafe, and the other was so autistic about his character, to the point of quiting the game when he was shot by a las cannon.
>>
>>44430929
That Guy turned Good Guy. I'm proud of you anon.
>>
>>44468519
The opposite of a fun game.
>>
>>44446823
Yes. I ran 4 of each, i just had two of each on the board at the time.

It's my "fuck you" deck.
>>
File: 1418809665674.jpg (181 KB, 520x763) Image search: [Google]
1418809665674.jpg
181 KB, 520x763
I got a guy to rage quit when he officially had won.

Playing in a 40k league that's pretty try hard, I get paired up with the fellow chaos player (i'm daemons and he was CSM). We both had deathstars and daemon walkers and stuff. Before hand we agreed to play strictly by the rules for tourney practice. Unfortunately for me, early in the game I forget to move Fateweaver and had already moved on to the shooting phase so strictly speaking he was one the ground standing next to an a bunch of Chaos Spawn ready to charge him next turn and kill him. We both agreed that was going to lose as a result so I say to him "lets keep playing as if I had flown Fateweaver for the practice but I'll forfeit so you have the win". He agree and we keep playing.

That's where his luck makes a turn for the worst possible. His beatstick chaos lord failed 4 invuls instantly in a challenge against my Herald of Khorne so i get Warlord right away. Be'lakor was stuck fighting a Soul Grinder he just could not hurt yet kept taking a wound ever turn even though he was invisible. And his Maulerfiend w/ Lasher Tendrils kept whiffing on my other Soul Grinder yet I kept slapping he shit with only 1 attack. He was getting more and more pissed with every terrible roll he made. Eventually when his invisible Be'lakor dies to the Soul Grinder that has only lost a single hull point he just loses it. He starts just picking up his own models and crushing them in his hands. Cultists, pink horrors, be'lakor. The whole time i'm just trying to get him to stop reminding him he has the win but he says he doesn't care, shoves all his now broken models into his box and storms off. Doesn't return for the rest of the league and I get given the win as a result.
>>
>>44435326
You did that wrong

Post the Video
the
Video
would be the proper form
>>
>>44435372
that's a fucking retarded card, from an outsider's perspective. How does the game end when you use that card?
>>
>>44469179
you kill/remove it.
>>
>>44469149
YOU'RE ONE DAY LATE
>>
>>44469071
>YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME
>Get crushed
Nah m8, he was just playing chaos fully in character.
>>
>>44429876

Back in middle school, when my friends and I would play Magic at lunch, I built a deck I called "The Annoyinator", a U/B deck with lots of control, creature bounces, and some destruction. I also played in the most annoying way possible. I only ever legitimately won one game with it, the rest of the time my opponents just quit because it was that annoying. Eventually after two week of playing nothing but that my friends banned me from playing it ever again.

I regret nothing.
>>
>>44433901
As someone who teaches a bit of chess, it really isn't. I'm about a 2000 FIDE. Any computer these days is way stronger. If I play Shredder or any of the other big AIs at max level 100 games, I'm going to lose all 100.

If most casuals play me 100 games, I will win all 100. When you're playing that far out of your depth, you tend to get blown away so badly you don't even fully grasp how much you got crushed.

Personal, unscientific recommendation is that if you want learning experience in Chess, play people or machines you can win 1 game in 4 or 5 against. Good enough to learn from, but still more or less on the same plane as yourself.
>>
>>44469179

It's very expensive to play and can only come out very late in the game, and dies to two different types of permanent removal, as well as counterspells. And your life total can still go below 1, so if it's removed at that point, even temporarily, you still lose. However, if it does stick around, a 4/4 with evasion should be able to end the game.

Only control players would play it competitively, and they don't like depending on something so fragile.
>>
>>44469179
The player controlling it still has permission to win. Its a one sided card
>>
>>44460242
Yeah you're a cunt and your mates are cunts.
>>
>>44462749
not even going to lie iv done that a few times but only if i feel one of the other players is being a dick.
>>
>>44451831
I was just in shock and was just picking up my models. He also damaged someones table they had brought along for the event.

Needless to say, the guy was a cunt.

I get it was a bad match up from his perspective but I honestly don't know what I should have done? Lose on purpose?

The funny thing is, he had filled out his comp and sports scores right at the start and had given me two zeroes.

>>44464460
How is it a legitimate strategy to lose on purpose? The guys example from the GoT game is not strategy. By opening up his borders so the Baratheans could take the Stark fortresses he broke the flow of the game.

This sort of kingmaking just shits me up the wall as it makes the game uneven and then people feel super chuffed as they feel like the outsmarted everyone else.
>>
>>44434605
You deserved it.
>>
>>44470085
In the one time I've ever played the GoT game, I've never willfully given up my own territory. I would put pressure on someone else, but sacrificing my forts was right out of the fucking question.
>>
>>44467481
uhm, the fact that everyone has used 4chan doesn't change the fact that each and every user is anonymous to one another until they change that.
Anonymous isn't the exact same as hidden/unknown. It means, in this context, that people don't know who you are. And anon wanted it to remain that way, hence he didn't post his youtube channel.
>>
>>44467447
>>"I felt like it."

Sometimes I really wonder whether bullying autists isn't the right thing to do.

No fucking social tact.
>>
>>44467557
Wow, think of how much of an asshole you are.
>I'm winning so much I can't even have fun
>What a waste of time, me WINNING
The two things that confirm the assholery:
1. You were only halfway through an "average" game of Go, so it wasn't a dastardly long game
2. You offered to give him the win just to end the "suffering" of you winning.

That's some fucked up shit. You didn't ragequit that game because of that anecdote, you quit Go because it had become a boring, un-challenging game. I understand that, but you had a shitty mindset about it
>Oh my gosh, I'm winning AGAIN?! Get this over with so that I can go and play another game, one I might WIN.
>>
>>44470571
For what purpose would we stalk him?

Why the fuck would any of us care enough to stalk some random chucklefuck for 2 years?

You're not that fucking important.
>>
>>44469514
>>44469653
thank you, that helped me understand
>>
>>44470085
>chuffed
I love you Brits.
What's a word of ours that you like?
>>
>>44470260
Pretty much. Playing for 2nd/3rd can be a legitimate tactic. Hell, there are games where the aim is to finish in certain positions so you "win" due to meeting your victory conditions.

But purposefully doing stuff that isn't in the spirit of the game is just a dick move. There's no two ways about it.
>>
>>44470785
whether or not his paranoia is justified or even real, it's still his choice whether or not he discloses his youtube channel. Once he makes that decision (which he did: no), any rational, mature adult would accept that and move on, since it's not THEIR choice. Instead of bitching and complaining and trying to convince him otherwise by insulting him (calling him paranoid).
>>
>>44463827
Too late, we Dark Angels now.
>>
>>44429876
I used to play casual friendly 40k with a few friends of mine back in college. One guy was a sore loser and sore winner. He usually made decent lists but never knew how to play them, or how to use anything to his advantage. When he'd start to lose he'd get really whiny and complain about how he was horrible at the game, and generally made you feel horrible. If you gave him advice and he beat you he'd gloat about how good his list/strategy was. I can recall one particular time where I managed to table him in about two turns. He got pretty salty and stopped playing for about two weeks.
>>
>>44461830
Given the choice between mtg and booty, which would you go for? Cramming into a packed room for some prerelease event with a bunch of s!Elly man children SURE SOUNDS BETTER THAN CUDDLING
>>
>>44471015
>it's still his choice whether or not he discloses his youtube channel

Then he shouldn't have brought it up, since it was completely irrelevant to his story
>>
>>44467557
This poster is the biggest faggot I've read about in quite a while
>>
>>44471569
Actually, his youtube account was very relevant to the story
Him posting the match on youtube was the whole reason why the other guy got so pissed
>>
>>44462661
>>44462904
Oh hey, the reason I never fucking play board games
>>
File: 1425316342186.jpg (84 KB, 435x326) Image search: [Google]
1425316342186.jpg
84 KB, 435x326
>>44466093

What self-respecting ref ever lets a player make that kind of decision for the whole group?
>>
>>44460242
Seriously? So, anyone who wants to join to learn has to see the type of deck that not only forces them to lose, but means going on, untill they either die of boredom, or quit from hoplessness. Why would anyone want to join a group of people who comes up with a deck that makes the game as dull as possible? Bloody hell, I haze people for my group of underlings by playing a few games with them and seeing how they react to wins, losses, and ties, not by waterboarding the poor bastards. Hazing may be a test of your mental fortitude, but testing theirs could make someone not only hate you, but the game you play too. Shame on you sit, shame on you.
>>
>>44474218
That was my thoughts when I read that too.
>>
>>44433901

What, like play two chess AIs against each other?

or just playing the chess game on hard?
>>
>>44470698
>Wow, think of how much of an asshole you are.

When I play a game of any sort, my primary interest is my own fun. Not yours, not anyone else's. Mine. If I'm not having fun, or even worse, YOUR fun gets in the way of my fun, then yes, I will absolutely ruin that. It's the same reason why everyone here, when playing a tabletop game such as D&D or GURPs or Shadowrun will ask you to leave when you having fun becomes disruptive to the group having fun.

The only reason you consider the actions assholish is because you perceive yourself having fun playing out a game you know you lost all the way through without consideration towards the other players fun. In other words, you only care about your own fun and that's the only reason you can call others an asshole for not having fun.
>>
File: 08.jpg (8 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
8 KB, 257x196
>>44429876
any more story to this gif? other than the obvious?
>>
>>44477403

It was a staged skit. The guy on the left is a youtuber.
>>
>>44477403
>>44477447

The story is that the guy on the right has clearly won the game at this point, and will finish him off this turn, but is meticulously going through the motions of his upkeep and playing cards before his attack step, in case the other player secretly has a spell to turn the game around(which he clearly doesn't).
>>
>>44477205
>It's the same reason why everyone here, when playing a tabletop game such as D&D or GURPs or Shadowrun will ask you to leave when you having fun becomes disruptive to the group having fun.

Yes. But we have no qualms pointing out when the poster is, in actuality, just being an autistic sensitive little shit about his fun being "disrupted".

And we frequently do. Thus, this conversation y'all are having.
>>
>>44477676
Nah, I just think it's more along the lines of /tg/'s not-so-recent habit of "No, John, YOU are the That Guy" posting. I mean, from our side of the encounter, we have a guy going "Jeez, just hurry the fuck up I'm not having fun. PLEASE DO THINGS", but from the otherside, we also have "I literally don't care you are no longer having fun with this, because *I* want to be the one having fun", or he didn't pick up on the social queues that the guy he was playing wasn't having fun, which would actually make him the more autistic one.
>>
>>44464460
oh look i've spotted the kingmaker in the thread
>>
File: 1387444764795.png (143 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1387444764795.png
143 KB, 400x267
>>44463555
i played cards against humanity recently. one of the players was a prissy coworker who didnt wanna play cause shes kind of dumb. so instead of ragequitting she got worse and worse at reading the cards, as in mumbling out her answers and questions. game ended before it got too bad but im pretty sure it was intentional.

its ok, though, cause the host is another girl who hates her, so the host gave teh girl in question a gag gift. a little tube of "conversation starter topic" cards that implied she is dumb. i doubt she got the dig, and the host admitted to me in text later that the gift was an intentional dig.
>womyn
>>
>>44479806
oh look I've the whiney cunt who thinks that spending all his resources or targeting a weaker player to force him out of competition for 1st is outplaying him.

>any tactic can be civil
>coming in 2nd is better than 3rd is better than 4th

Yeah, no shit I'll use kingmaker tactics to come in 2nd over 3rd or 4th or any place over dead last. There's literally no shame in it.
>>
>>44468519
Yes, and in reference of the movie "War Games", the only winning move is not to play. Which is what that Anon said. You idiot.
>>
File: 1449593586036.jpg (223 KB, 678x1104) Image search: [Google]
1449593586036.jpg
223 KB, 678x1104
>>44429876

> New DM in my club, he's got a good reputation and he's a great player.
> Starts a Mage campaign which sounds EXTREMELY promising.
> Me and a few other nice people join
> That guy joins
> Smelly guy, unemployed, in his 30's, married to a 40ish year old woman, spawned two horrible kids somehow.
> Spent a few months in a mental hospital because he actually believed he was a vampire.
> Those kids man, they are a disaster, he brought the oldest one ONCE in the club and was told to never bring him again because he broke people's figs and never obeyed to his father
> About a week before the first sessions he comes out of the closet.
> No he's not homo. He's transgender.
> Whynotafterall.jpg
> First session he shows up fully dressed as a woman with stuff that he probably bought at the salvation army
> Still smells horrible
> Looks like shit and his clothes reek
> Okmaybenot.jpg
> He creates a character
> Complete Mary Sue
> Second session
> The DM spends two hours with him because he went to a night club and wanted to find a decent man.
> The campaign can finally start. Something happens and I'm new to WoD so I'm like "wow that looks insane !"
> He spoils the whole thing by telling me exactly what it is, but in a giggling-teeheeing sort of voice.

I signed off after that second session.He's the type of person who needs permanent attention. Whenever nothing is happening in his life he invents some drama on twitter to get people to pat him on the back.
Pic related he's friend with the trans who draws this shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.