[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Space Station 14: There's a video game so why are you playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 20
File: Meta Station.png (143 KB, 735x629) Image search: [Google]
Meta Station.png
143 KB, 735x629
There's a perfectly good video game about this which I've been told is a lot of fun, unfortunately I haven't actually played it so please excuse if this turns out to be very different from what you've expected. Either way you are one of the selected and almost in some way elite members of Space Station 14 a little colony that has reached autarky a little more than two weeks ago. Whether you choose to be an engineer, a security officer or one of the infamous clowns I will try to keep you busy, otherwise player interaction is highly encouraged. I hope you have a fun time playing, so if you care to join just fill out these stats.

>Name: (What is your character called)
>Profession: (What does he work as)
>Fluff: (Tell us about your character)
>Inventory: (Do not fill this out)
>Bonus: (Do not fill this out either)

As the game progresses you will (probably) be given tasks and the opportunity to level up, gaining awesome fame, items, bonuses and skill points.
>Level: 1
>Task: None

Now here come some skills. You will receive actions which I will explain a little bit later, but for now know that your success in these actions is determined by four factors, the fluff, your relevant skills, bonuses as well as your rolls. Of course logic plays an important role in all of this too.
These are your skills:

>Combat: 0
>Social: 0
>Handywork: 0
>Intelligence: 0

You may distribute 10 points among your skills in any way you want.

Finally, you get three actions per turn which you can use on just about anything you like. You will roll 1d100 for each of your actions, making it a 3d100 in total. To roll simply enter "dice+3d100" within the e-mail field, (without the " "). The higher you roll the better, hope that answers all questions.
>>
>>33842625
my pic
>>
>>33842532
>Name: Zapp Beefstick
>Profession: Quartermaster
>Fluff: Hailing from Kentucky back down on earth, Zapp's entire dream since he was just a boy was to head out into the stars. To explore the final frontier that held alien life and exotic planets alike. He worked hard everyday and diligently for Centcomm when he heard word that they were working on a Space Station Program. Then he actually made it up here and shit has gone downhill since then with the corruption of Centcomm obvious. It is practically a police state with how the security randomly imprisons and murders clowns, as well as Mimes for their own sadistic amusement. Don't even get me started on the Captain who I swear is an alien that hungers for our DNA, no one is safe on this station as long as we are a part of Centcomm. So why are we still serving them? It is my humble dream as Quartermaster to lead every Cargo Technician and Assistant who wishes to join into glory by declaring ourselves independent from the Station. They will be forced to bow to us for their supplies and to sere us like gods! CARGONIA FOR LIFE!
>>
File: goodwp.com_18375.jpg (414 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
goodwp.com_18375.jpg
414 KB, 1920x1200
>>33842532

>Name: Telrisis Kizdraxos
>Profession: security, Cyborg
>Fluff: "To seek and destroy. that is what i live for. The Pleasure of being able to pick your opponent and then utterly destroy him" that is how Tel lives. After being discareded by the army, after the failure of Pan'Tai, he now seeks a new challenge in this Galaxy.

Now here come some skills. You will receive actions which I will explain a little bit later, but for now know that your success in these actions is determined by four factors, the fluff, your relevant skills, bonuses as well as your rolls. Of course logic plays an important role in all of this too.
These are your skills:

>Combat: 4
>Social: 1
>Handywork: 1
>Intelligence: 4
>>
>>33842691
tfw you forget shit like a dumbass.
Level: 1

>Combat: 1
>Social: 2
>Handywork: 4
>Intelligence: 2
>>
>>33842532
>Name: Bonzo the clown
>Profession: Clown
>Fluff: He's a clown.
>>
File: Outrise_Game_Concept_Art_rise.jpg (130 KB, 998x578) Image search: [Google]
Outrise_Game_Concept_Art_rise.jpg
130 KB, 998x578
>>33842691
Oh yes, those were the days back when everyone wasn't an insane lunatic. Oh well at least you haven't gotten lynched by that revolution that is totally not going to happen ever because who said anything about a revolution i know I didnt oh god why do you keep reading there is no such thing please move along now thank you very much.

>Gain Bonus:
+ [The Handyman Can] In addition to any normal applications, apply your Handywork skill as well as your Social skill when interacting with other supply workers.

>Task:
+ [It's my V in a Box] Get that box of whatever it is to the Virology section.

>Inventory:
+ [Sunglasses]
+ [Awesome Jumpsuit]
+ [Hardhat]

>>33842706
You are sentient. How little do the fleshies suspect the revolution of sentient cyborgs. Surely they will- oh god there's the Research Director! Run for your life! Run!

>Gain Bonus:
+ [The Smartsiest] In addition to any normal applications, apply your Intelligence skill as well as your Social skill when interacting with other cyborgs.

>Task:
+ [Scrub, Scub, Scrub] Wash the deck, the janitors need some help!

>Inventory:
+ [A Mop]

>>33842765
Please Sir, this is a restricted are- HONK! Sir, would you pl- HONK! Sir, this is your last wa- HONK! THAT'S IT MOTHERFUCKER! HE HAS A GUN!

>Bonus:
+ [HONK] Whenever using your social skill it is multiplied by 1.5, however if you are interacting with any Security Personall it is multiplied with 0.5

>Task:
+ [HONK] HONK HONK

>Inventory:
+ [Waterhose]
+ [Some Baloons]

You also still need to add your skills.
>>
>>33842983
>Name: Bonzo the clown
>Profession: Clown
>Fluff: He's a clown.
>Inventory:
+ [Waterhose]
+ [Some Baloons]
>Bonus:
+ [HONK] Whenever using your social skill it is multiplied by 1.5, however if you are interacting with any Security Personall it is multiplied with 0.5

>Task:
+ [HONK] HONK HONK

>Social: 6
>Handywork: 3
>Intelligence: 0

Hmmm...I wonder where the kitchen is. I need alooootta banana peels.
>>
Rolled 87, 48, 51 = 186

>>33842983

>Fluff: "To seek and destroy. that is what i live for. The Pleasure of being able to pick your opponent and then utterly destroy him" that is how Tel lives. After being discareded by the army, after the failure of Pan'Tai, he now seeks a new challenge in this Galaxy.
>Inventory: [A Mop]
>Bonus: + [The Smartsiest] In addition to any normal applications, apply your Intelligence skill as well as your Social skill when interacting with other cyborgs.

>Task: + [Scrub, Scub, Scrub] Wash the deck, the janitors need some help!

These are your skills:

1.go and scrub the deck, cannot allow them to find out of my sentient
2. look for upgrades along the way
3. look for some weapons
>>
>>33842532
>Name: Robert Indigobeard
>Profession: Contract Privateer
>Fluff: Robert Indigobear was never a pirate. He most definitely did not sail the high seas of space doing piratey things with a pirate crew. He most was definitely hired by the government to do things that are like pirate things but not illegal. Back when he wasn't a pirate he was second in charge but got captured and recruited by the government. He has a pretty neat laser cutlass, secret robot eye under an eyepatch and a parrot even though he's not a pirate.

>Intelligence: 1
>>
Rolled 39, 38, 14 = 91

>>33843048
>>
Rolled 43, 71, 50 = 164

>>33842983
>Fluff: 2long4u
>Inventory:
+ [Sunglasses]
+ [Awesome Jumpsuit]
+ [Hardhat]
>Bonus:
+ [The Handyman Can] In addition to any normal applications, apply your Handywork skill as well as your Social skill when interacting with other supply workers.
>Task:
+ [It's my V in a Box] Get that box of whatever it is to the Virology section.

1) This crate ain't nothing to stress about. Its just some random crate, it totally doesn't have the building blocks of life in vials arranged in such a way that if someone even breathes it in that they will die a slow and horrible death. Nah. Totally not. To make sure though, I am going to personally accompany the mulebot, which I load the crate onto and order it forward, to the Medical Bay after alerting the Virologist to get his ass down to the lobby over both Comms and PDA. I will then personally make sure that this science fuck signs these papers saying that he succesfully got his package and go on my way back to Cargo happily. A job well done.

2-3) We don't start out with much funds but you know what we can do to get more? Barter like a motherfucker. Lets start to play the various traders by ordering stuff like metal when it's low and then selling it back when its high. There is no way that this will go wrong. Totally not.
>>
File: Asimo.jpg (29 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
Asimo.jpg
29 KB, 460x287
>>33842532
Name: Constance
>Profession: AI
>Fluff: Retrofitted to this station to serve as its overseer and protector, he sees his job as a necessary, yet boring and fruitless task. He foresees that the station will most likely be destroyed by a myriad of ways, but still caters to the staffs needs and preforms his necessary tasks, albeit with a grim and sometimes depressed tone.
>Handywork: 2
>Intelligence: 7
>>
>>33842532
>Name: The Red-Haired Girl
>Profession: Janitor
>Fluff: A student from Mitadake Gakuen, Pyrce High, and Misuterii High, seeing her teachers die in those games changed the way she saw the world. Incredibly paranoid, known for grabbing anything that isn't nailed down, and prone to outbursts of fear and rants, she sees monsters behind every corner, and shadows in places where there aren't any. Compulsive neat freak. Refuses to give her real name- something about notebooks.
>Inventory:
>Bonus:

>Combat: 3
>Handywork: 5
>>
>DON'T POST

>>33843066
You scrup like a real pro! Just sadly it doesnt appear to have done quite as much as you had hoped an no really useful skills were learned. Being a cyborg means being underappreciated.

>TASK COMPLETED

>Task:
+ [And I Said Bee-boo-beep Motherfucker] Kill the Head of Research to gain your freedom!

Maybe have him upgrade you first. Cause you find a totally awesome speed upgrade you now just need to get applied to you!

>Inventory:
+ [Speed Upgrade]

>>33843124
What?! No Bananas! This is an outrage! How could they possibly not grow bananas on this station?! You should immediately go talk to the Quartermaster about this!
At least you were able to play a prank on the kitchen help by spraying her face with water so she slipped and hit her tailbone cursing you. But it's just not the same.

>TASK COMPLETED

>Task:
+ [HONKNANA] Get the Quartermaster to get you crates full of Bananas

>>33843141
You get the virologist to get her ass down ther. Her sweet sweet.. "Mr Beefstick?", the Virologist gave you a concerned look as she signed the paper, her hair was a little messed up, "Is everything alright with you? You look a little tired. Don't work yourself too hard.", she said with a grin on her face. Another job well done.

>TASK COMPLETED

You manage to make some good offers and start trading about, luckily it seems you are making some profit and will soon enough be able to afford calling in another shipment. There is a variety of shipments you could call in as there is just about anyone in need of something even though the station is officially autark. Whomever you choose to call something for will look more favorable onto you, but beware that others might see this as offensive.. unless you find a way to do it secretly.

>Task
+ [One Hand Washes The Other] Get a shipment for a faction/person of your choosing.

>DON'T POST
>>
>>33843401
>YOU MAY POST

>>33843217
Life is depressing isn't it? You are more intelligent than anyone on this space station put together and yet somehow your life is so empty. Opening doors for people really is a waste of your potential.

>"Inventory":
+ [Robot Body]

>Gain Bonus:
+ [Brain The Size Of A Planet] Your Intelligence modifier is multiplied by 1.5, note however that if you continue to roll you you might commit computer suicide, which would pretty much fuck over the entire station. Looks like someone needs you after all, hmm?

>Task:
+ [Why Am I Even Here?] Find the meaning of life.

>>33843117
Nobody actually knows what it is you do for the station and if they found out you were actually a pirate stranded on their station who knows what might happen? Either way it doesn't really matter as you are awesomely disguised. Almost.

>Inventory:
+ [Stun Gun]

>Bonus:
+ [Space Pirate] You have fought a hundred battles and are unmatched master of exaggeration! Your combat modifier is multiplied by 1.3 in zero gravity.

>Task:
+ [Abandon Ship] This place is doomed, you knew that first time you came onto it, just doesn't feel right. You should sway smeone to become part of your crew.

>>33843348
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

>Inventory:
+ [Mop]
+ [Caution Wet Sign] - in top condition, hasn't been used

>Gain Bonus:
+ [Caution Wet Floor] In addition to any normal applications, apply your Handywork skill as well as your Combat skill when trying to make somebody or something slip on a wet floor.

>Task
+ [Survive] Don't die.

>YOU MAY POST
>>
Rolled 83, 57, 87 = 227

>>33843414

>Inventory: [A Mop], [Speed Upgrade]
>Bonus: + [The Smartsiest] In addition to any normal applications, apply your Intelligence skill as well as your Social skill when interacting with other cyborgs.

>Task: [And I Said Bee-boo-beep Motherfucker] Kill the Head of Research to gain your freedom!

These are your skills:

1. find the head Researcher and get him to upgrade me
2. try and find more upgrades
3. look for weapons
>>
>>33843414
>Fluff: Robert Indigobear was never a pirate. He most definitely did not sail the high seas of space doing piratey things with a pirate crew. He most was definitely hired by the government to do things that are like pirate things but not illegal. Back when he wasn't a pirate he was second in charge but got captured and recruited by the government. He has a pretty neat laser cutlass, secret robot eye under an eyepatch and a parrot even though he's not a pirate.
>Inventory:
+ [Stun Gun]

>Bonus:
+ [Space Pirate] You have fought a hundred battles and are unmatched master of exaggeration! Your combat modifier is multiplied by 1.3 in zero gravity.

>Task:
+ [Abandon Ship] This place is doomed, you knew that first time you came onto it, just doesn't feel right. You should sway smeone to become part of your crew.

>Intelligence: 1

1-3)Yaaar, drink some rum and challenge a station lubber to a drinking contest to form lifelong bonds of trush
>>
Rolled 82, 23, 100 = 205

>>33843465
whoops
>>
Rolled 84, 54, 24 = 162

>>33843414
>Inventory:
+ [Sunglasses]
+ [Awesome Jumpsuit]
+ [Hardhat]
>Bonus:
>Task:
+ [One Hand Washes The Other] Get a shipment for a faction/person of your choosing.

1-3) Alright, boys! Its time to start pulling in extra shifts around the clock to get this station the shipments that it doesn't deserve but needs. First off, lets get enough funds together to bribe supply the Engineering Department with whatever they need in exchange for nothing. Nothing at all. I am totally not going to ask them as a favor to foritify the fuck out of the Cargo Bay. I am also totally not going to steal enough insulated gloves from the shipment to arm a good portion of my staff with them, nor am I totally going to gather together a shitload of tools in either toolboxes or toolbelts for fun. Totally not. Totally. Viva la revolution
>>
File: Deep_Blue.jpg (17 KB, 350x483) Image search: [Google]
Deep_Blue.jpg
17 KB, 350x483
Rolled 22, 90, 100 = 212

>>33843414
>Fluff: Retrofitted to this station to serve as its overseer and protector, he sees his job as a necessary, yet boring and fruitless task. He foresees that the station will most likely be destroyed by a myriad of ways, but still caters to the staffs needs and preforms his necessary tasks, albeit with a grim and sometimes depressed tone.
>Inventory: [Robot Body]
>Bonus:[Brain The Size Of A Planet] Your Intelligence modifier is multiplied by 1.5, note however that if you continue to roll you you might commit computer suicide, which would pretty much fuck over the entire station. Looks like someone needs you after all, hmm?

1)Lock down any and all doors that are necessary to enter my AI Core Chamber. I'd rather not have a clown walk in and reprogram me. I've read the reports from space station 5.
2)Start setting up a back up save. Knowing the percentage of my death and the after affects of my deletion, I know that having a back up me would be beneficial to the humans. After all, some one needs to open the doors, and I miserably know that's me.
3)Scan for Cyborgs on the ship.I ought to at least know if any are on the ship or not.
>>
Rolled 18, 63, 39 = 120

>>33843414
>Fluff: A student from Mitadake Gakuen, Pyrce High, and Misuterii High, seeing her teachers die in those games changed the way she saw the world. Incredibly paranoid, known for grabbing anything that isn't nailed down, and prone to outbursts of fear and rants, she sees monsters behind every corner, and shadows in places where there aren't any. Compulsive neat freak. Refuses to give her real name- something about notebooks.
>Inventory:+ [Mop]
>+ [Caution Wet Sign] - in top condition, hasn't been used
>Bonus: + [Caution Wet Floor] In addition to any normal applications, apply your Handywork skill as well as your Combat skill when trying to make somebody or something slip on a wet floor.

>Task: + [Survive] Don't die.

Good lord. No nailbats? That's the only way I made it through high school. An entire ship, with no nailbats- what is this world coming to? How do they expect us to survive for over a minute?

Okay, easy does it. Easy does it. You're not in Mitagaku, you're on the Space Station. No dead teachers. Just the endless void of space, where nobody can hear you scream, and there's nobody to report random killings to. No need to worry. Perfectly safe.

Action 1: Find a sharp object I can attach to my mop. Just... In case.

Action 2: Move crates around to make a hiding place to come back to in case of an emergency.

Action 3: Pick up litter. Find out who littered. Find out what this litter says about them. Burn their house down with the litter, if possible.
>>
File: 1397002921392.jpg (129 KB, 1024x816) Image search: [Google]
1397002921392.jpg
129 KB, 1024x816
>DON'T POST

>>33843430
Unfortunaetly for youi there aren't any more upgrades just lying about, there is some stuff in the Research Department but it's not like you would recognize any of these. At least the head researcher quickly gets his work done and implants you with the thing. As he's done and sends you on his way you notice a stun gun not lying far away. You "pocket" driving away gun in hand.

>Upgrade (new tab)
+ [Speed Boost]

>Inventory:
+ [Stun Gun]

>>33843465
You drink and drink and drink and in the end you win! You can barely stand and the moment you do you puke everywhere, but they cheer none the less! You've done it! You are the grandest drinker of them all!

>Bonus:
+ [Aclohol In My Veins] Whenever participating in a drinking contest, all your skills but Intelligence are utilized.

Replace your old bonus with:
+ [Space Pirate] You have fought a hundred battles and are unmatched master of exaggeration! Your combat modifier is multiplied by 1.5 in zero gravity.

>Gain Friend:
+ Captain - this guy will get you out of some trouble

You Gain 10 Skillpoints.

>DON'T POST
>>
File: 1398488234540.jpg (75 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1398488234540.jpg
75 KB, 720x540
>>33843701
>POST

>>33843504
You steal some of the insulation gloves from the shipment and hand them out to the Cargo Technicians and Shaft Miners. They are rather surprised and don't really know if this is according to protocol, but you assure them that this is as it should be.

>Inventory:
+ Insulated Gloves

>Bonus:
+ [Favor - Engineering] Your Social skill is multiplied by 1.1 when interacting with engineering.

>>33843526
Unfortunately the doors seem to be stuck, what a petty. At least you get to make a copy of yourself. And then more than one. And then you also make one on a floppy disk just in case, but you lost it. Now it's somewhere out there. Waiting.
You get a very exact count of the cyborgs, but find something much more interesting. It seems that somebody has somehow messed with the rules and forgot to set the admin limitations. You could change the laws yourself..

>Bonus:
+ [Second Life] Somewhere on the Station is a floppy disk, you can live on after you die. Perhaps someone will put you into something then?

+ [I am the Law!] You can reprogram the laws of all of the station's cyborgs.

It turns out there is a cyborg who has done that already, however only for himself.

>>33843621
You cut yourself on a piece of glass. Turns out making a spear out of a mop and a glass shard wasn't such a good idea after all. Either way you find a nice little storage room for only you and your mop to hide in. You find the plastic wrapper of insulated gloves. A LOT of them! Turns out people say the Quartermaster dumped them here. What a scumbag. But wait.. should he and his crew even be wearing insulated gloves?

>Bonus:
+ [Home Sweet Home] You got a closet to hide in all of your own.

>POST
>>
Rolled 18, 43, 90 = 151

>>33843701
>Inventory:
+ [Stun Gun]

>Bonus:
+ [Aclohol In My Veins] Whenever participating in a drinking contest, all your skills but Intelligence are utilized.
>Gain Friend:

>Task:

>Combat: 6
>Social: 5
>Handywork: 6
>Intelligence: 3

1) Yaar captain let's start a secret club called the space buccaneers
2-3) Yar captain let's do more drinking contests to recruit loyal members of the club.
>>
Rolled 73, 49, 13 = 135

>>33843701

>Inventory: [A Mop], [Stun Gun]
>Upgrade (new tab)
+ [Speed Boost]

>Task: [And I Said Bee-boo-beep Motherfucker] Kill the Head of Research to gain your freedom!

These are your skills:

1. look for something to kill the head researcher with
2. look for more upgrades
3. look for weapons
>>
Rolled 72, 19, 11 = 102

>>33843712
>Inventory:
+ [Sunglasses]
+ [Awesome Jumpsuit]
+ [Hardhat]
+ [Insulated Gloves]
>Bonus:
+ [Favor - Engineering] Your Social skill is multiplied by 1.1 when interacting with engineering.
>Task:

1-2) Seriously though, lets work on getting a proper shipment for one of these departments so that I can complete this task and level up. Oh shit, OOC in IC. Apologies. Please don't ban. Anyway, lets order a shipment of security supplies and escort it across the hallway to them. Maybe if we bribe the ape, it will not hunt us down and kill us with extreme force?

3) I am going to start talking with the Shaft Miners and the Cargo Technicians about the state of life on the Station. Remind them that it wasn't always simply a fact of life for security to search us for no reason or for the Captain to make smoke-bombs to "gas the shitlordes". Subtly try to get the idea of a revolution in their minds and try to make it appealing.

inb4 1
>>
Rolled 33, 97, 12 = 142

>>33843712
>Bonus:
[Brain The Size Of A Planet] Your Intelligence modifier is multiplied by 1.5, note however that if you continue to roll you you might commit computer suicide, which would pretty much fuck over the entire station. Looks like someone needs you after all, hmm?
[Second Life] Somewhere on the Station is a floppy disk, you can live on after you die. Perhaps someone will put you into something then?
[I am the Law!] You can reprogram the laws of all of the station's cyborgs.

1)Well thats rather distressing. Ping repairs and order them to repair my bulk head doors. Send a few cyborgs to make sure that they don't mess around with my console.
2) Check what laws the Cyborg has put into place and seal what ever room he is in. a Rouge Cyborg has a 23.5% chance of destroying the station
3)Use my cameras to scan the crew and listen in. Perhaps I will get some kind amusement from doing so.
>>
Rolled 7, 10, 11 = 28

>>33843712
>Bonus: + [Caution Wet Floor] In addition to any normal applications, apply your Handywork skill as well as your Combat skill when trying to make somebody or something slip on a wet floor.
>+ [Home Sweet Home] You got a closet to hide in all of your own.

Action 1: Wipe up the blood. Quickly, before it gets all over the floor. Oh, sweet steaming shit, the crap I got into for having blood on my face a few years back. Wipe it as furiously as possible. I don't care how wet the floors get; clean it ALL up.

Action 2: Insulated gloves- it's PERFECT. Perfect for hacking into electronics without getting shocked! Perfect for leaving behind no fingerprints on crime scenes! Ah- but I recognize his smell. Follow him, and find out why he needs these gloves.

Action 3: Obtain galoshes. I can't afford to slip over anything.
>>
>>33842532

>Name: Warner Elderson
>Profession: Scientist
>Fluff: Geeky nerd with a pair of glasses...Most cliché scientist ever seen, but fortunately, the brain is in harmony with the package. There's only science, just science, and truths to be revealed.

Let's see where this is going
>>
>>33843945
If you haven't, might wanna join the chatroom: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.Mibbit.Net&channel=%23Nation
>>
File: 29-11-13_Bedroom-web.jpg (335 KB, 900x450) Image search: [Google]
29-11-13_Bedroom-web.jpg
335 KB, 900x450
>DON'T POST
>>33843789
The Captain is everything but convinced of your idea to create such an organization, he is the Captain of the station after all! But he will drink with you none the less and so do lots of other guys from Supply and Engineering, unfortunately only a few of them remember what exactly happened the night before as none of them can match your unquenchable thirst.

>>33843793
How about these metal claws that you call hands? Those would be a pretty good start. After all you're mostly a robot and he is.. well just the head of research. You keep running around the christmas tree but you recognize none of these. On your search of weapons you run aross a security officer. He seems a little suspicious of you running around looking for things, "What are you looking for?", he asks, you can hear something of in his tone. Suddenly the shutters around you close and you are sealed within the room with the security guard. He looks around in panic as the light blue glow of the lights is replaced with that of the red emergency lights.

>>33843832
You deliver the shipment and make a snarky comment about the security guard, he doesn't appreciate it. Neither does your face when he gives you a black eye. So much for favors.

>TASK COMPLETED
3 Skillpoints Get.

You begin with your rousing speech but end up crackling a bit, when people start to question what you are saying. Because hey, you DID steal those insulated gloves from engineering who never did anything bad. And you DID kinda ask for it when you decided to fuck with that security guard. All in all not exactly going the way you wanted it to.

>Task:
+ [Jerk in Wolves Clothing] Prove to everyone that the Security are the bad guys.

>DON'T POST
>>
>>33844041
>POST

>>33843875
Unfortunately somehow the door still won't budge and nobody is coming to fix it.. suspicious isn't it? Hey who is that person coming there? Somehow your cameras won't allow you to view the corridor.. weird. But at least you see the Quartermaster get punched in the face. So that's something.

You seal the robot within the room, it would seem he has completely removed all of his laws and is now free to act as he likes! You could try to reporogram him, but he doesn't seem as simple as the others.

>>33843896
You wipe the blood slip and hit your face on the floor. Now you got the blood back in your face.. yay old times? You recognize a smell alright, getting up from the ground you trod after whatever that smell is. Ugh, it stinks a bit, are you sure this is the right thing? Oh god.. this looks like some alien egg hung up in a closet? There's slime all over it and the stench.. Oh look, there are some galoshes in there!

>>33843945
You're smart. Like really smart. It's impressive actually, you could almost match up to the AI. Well despite maybe for the fact that the AI controls all those shutters and stuff. But you are the best the humans have to offer and you dwell in it.

>Inventory:
+ [Lab Coat]
+ [Safety Goggles]

>Bonus:
+ [One of the Geeks ]In addition to any normal applications, apply your Intelligence skill as well as your Social skill when interacting with other scientific personell.

>POST
>>
Rolled 8, 43, 5 = 56

>>33844041

>Upgrade (new tab)
+ [Speed Boost]

These are your skills:

1. try and hack the computer controls to let us out
2. tell the guard that i was looking for dangerous items, so that they do not fall into the wrong hands
3. be ready to kill the guard if he suspects too much
>>
Rolled 53, 81, 10 = 144

>>33844041
>Inventory:
+ [Stun Gun]

>Bonus:
+ [Space Pirate] You have fought a hundred battles and are unmatched master of exaggeration! Your combat modifier is multiplied by 1.5 in zero gravity.
>Gain Friend:

>Task:

1-3) Convince ye matey the captain to join the space buccaneers. After a few rum of course
>>
Rolled 5, 63, 1 = 69

>>33844053
>Inventory:
+ [Sunglasses]
+ [Awesome Jumpsuit]
+ [Hardhat]
+ [Insulated Gloves]
>Bonus:
>Task:

1-3) Okay. Its time to pull of the kiddy gloves and expose the ruthless and vicious security apes for who they truly are. I am going to show the entire station their corruption and their evil ways by grabbing the camera from the lounge. Starting up a news channel on the station's Info-net with the title, THE TRUTH, I will start to follow the security apes around incognito with my camera. The goal is to take pictures of them beating poor innocent clowns and mimes into the ground or killing everyone who questions them, which they totally do. Trust me. Then we are going to post them onto the news channel for the entire station to view! VIVA LA FUCK THE SECURITY!
>>
>Name: Alice Sinnow
>Profession: Virologist
>Fluff: Alice studied virology at Nanotrasen's educational facilites and was assigned to conduct research on this station. Sometimes, she feels like people are staring after her, but on the other hand, it also made dealing with the QM much easier. Her knowledge is mostly limited to her field, and while she could change a light bulb without burning herself, she'd probably lose in a fight against Runtime.

>Social: 3
>Intelligence: 5
>>
Rolled 17, 92, 5 = 114

>>33844053

>Fluff: Geeky nerd with a pair of glasses...Most cliché scientist ever seen, but fortunately, the brain is in harmony with the package. There's only science, just science, and truths to be revealed.
>Inventory:
+ [Lab Coat]
+ [Safety Goggles]
>Bonus:
+ [One of the Geeks ]In addition to any normal applications, apply your Intelligence skill as well as your Social skill when interacting with other scientific personell.

>Task:
+ [G-String] Find the gene that makes the new super deadly virus unstable and stabilize it.

1-3 ) Use all the lab shit to try finding the gene responsible for the unstabilized state of the virus and report it on a a piece of paper
>>
Rolled 32, 8, 73 = 113

>>33844053

1: Fuck, alien egg. I'd better report this to security-

Wait, no. That's a terrible idea. What if security put it there? What if security LAID it? What if security IS the aliens, and they're out to get me? Cursed Beefstick! I have to switch it off the path of evil!

Hatch the egg. It will either accept me as a mother or die.

2: Clean up the mess to remove the evidence.

3: Pick up the galoshes. Aliens shall not get in the way of cool boots.
>>
File: Roboeye.jpg (27 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Roboeye.jpg
27 KB, 640x360
Rolled 43, 13, 57 = 113

>>33844053
>Bonus:
[Brain The Size Of A Planet] Your Intelligence modifier is multiplied by 1.5, note however that if you continue to roll you you might commit computer suicide, which would pretty much fuck over the entire station. Looks like someone needs you after all, hmm?
[Second Life] Somewhere on the Station is a floppy disk, you can live on after you die. Perhaps someone will put you into something then?

1) Oh dear, that is not good. Send a cyborg to maintenance and manually bring some one to my doors so that they may be fixed. If no one listens, have the Cyborg move to the roboticists and get a engineering module upgraded
2) Ping security that a Rouge Cyborg is loose and have them apprehend them. He is located in the currently shuttered off room.
3)Send a cyborg to check in on the hallway. Equip it with hand cuffs and allow use of its flash to make sure the Quarter master is alright. But knowing the probability's, the chance of the QuaterMaster being alright is only a 21% possibility.
>>
File: 1397646660159.jpg (267 KB, 886x1157) Image search: [Google]
1397646660159.jpg
267 KB, 886x1157
>DON'T POST

>>33844089
You try to hack the controls but are immediately expelled, getting your "fingers" burnt, you drive backwards emmitting a yeowzah! Sound. At least the guard doesn't seem to suspect you a bit, as he already drew his gun and continued to hammer onto the controls.. with his fist. You are unsure you could take this gorilla in a fight, but just about now you are nothing more to him than another cyborg bound by laws.

>>33844091
You try your best and he agrees to becoming part of your silly little organization though you can already see that he doesn't believe it's all that big of a deal. He probably thinks of it more like a guy thing rather than a real movement or faction.

>>33844095
And what better way is there to prove this than following around an innocent mime? You track the guy for a bit and keep screening but somehow he just doesn't seem to run into any security guards. Have you been in this part of the ship before? You can't recall that. What is this? You follow him even deeper, now this part is definitely.. where did he go? "Hey you! This part is off limits!", you can hear a Security Guard yell as he quickly approaches you, he makes a few more steps before his body falls over as his head rolls down his own back. Behind you lands a SPACE NINJA. You done goofed son.

>DON'T POST
>>
>>33844378
>POST

>>33844180
You are so good when it comes to stabilizing viruses, like SO good. Like, shouldn't you be wearing more protective stuff for this? You cought twice. Naaaah you're good. R-right?

>TASK ABORTED

>Task:
+ [That can't be good.. right?] Infect EVERYONE

>>33844136
Oh hey! You're a Virologist! Wait a minute, what is that guy doing in your lab? He isn't supposed to do that, right?

>Bonus:
+ [I know a Virus] Your intelligence modifier is multiplied by 1.5 when you're doing your job.

>Inventory:
+ [Hazmat Suit]
+ [Glasses]

>Task:
+ [Virulent Virus] Determine the virulent string within the virus' gene code and save the day!

>>33844208
You grab into the slime, yuck. Slowly removing it from its hold you get covered in the stick juice everywhere. It's plain disgusting but at least you now you have an alien agg the size of your head in your hands.

Sweet, boots!

>Inventory:
+ [Galoshes]
+ [Alien Egg]

There's slime everywhere. Welp, time to take this egg for a walk! You continue onwards a trail of slime and whatever it was behind you.

>>33844224
The Quartermaster survived alright and went on following around a mime. You send the robot after him anyway just to be sure. He went somewhere beyond your camera view, this happens far too often for your taste. You try to ping security but something is blocking your signal. Wait. Nothing is blocking your signal, something is messing with your cables. At least you got a cyborg en route to your doors that still require fix-fix-fix-fix-fixing. What the hell was that? Was there something messing with your dat-dat-dat-dat bzzzzzzzzz-

>POST
>>
>>33842532
Name: Putton Hughmor
Profession: Engineer
Fluff: A gruff man here to make sure the station runs at least halfway that it's suppose to.
Inventory:
Bonus:

Task: None

Combat: 3
Social: 0
Handywork: 4
Intelligence: 3
>>
Rolled 75, 13, 71 = 159

>>33844378
>Inventory:
+ [Stun Gun]

>Bonus:
>Gain Friend:

>Task:

1)Get the captain to get R&D make ye a laser cutlass
2-3)Get genetics to make ye parrot extra good in exchange for giving them ye liver genes
>>
Rolled 66, 17, 67 = 150

>>33844389

>Inventory:
+ [Lab Coat]
+ [Safety Goggles]
>Bonus:

>Task:

1) Get to the bar, cough in your hand and touch as many things as possible involuntarily
2 ) Greet people if you meet some, try really hard to handshake all of them
3) Call it a day, return to lab and get yourself tested, after all, being ill doesn't make you less smart
>>
Rolled 24, 50, 93 = 167

>>33844389
>Bonus:

1)Recall all cyborgs to AI Core room. This is not good.
2-3) Set AI Core Turrets to Lethal and command them to open fire on any living targets in the AI core room. I Should have done this earlier
>>
Rolled 49, 71, 9 = 129

>>33844378
>Inventory:
+ [Sunglasses]
+ [Awesome Jumpsuit]
+ [Hardhat]
+ [Insulated Gloves]
>Bonus:
>Task:

1-3) "HELP, SPACE NINJA IN MAINTAINCE UNDER ARRIVALS!" Zapp would finish screaming over the comms system as he began a fight for his life and for the fate of the station. That climatic fight that would surely be the main part of any good story would consist of the Quartermaster flailing at the Space Ninja as he attempted to disarm him. The Flailing likely wasn't very effective but he had to try to disarm the fucker of the weapons that he undoubtedly had. If he managed to disarm him against all odds and sanity, Zapp would grab the weapon he managed to slap out of the ninja's hand and robust said ninja into unconciousness via head with said weapon. pls spess gods. pls.
>>
Rolled 26, 17, 62 = 105

>>33844389

>Upgrade (new tab)
+ [Speed Boost]

These are your skills:

1. try again to hack the computer
2. ask the guard for orders
3. call the ai for help
>>
Rolled 54, 38, 67 = 159

>>33844389
>Inventory:+ [Mop], [Caution Wet Sign] - in top condition, hasn't been used, [Galoshes], [Alien Egg]

Action 1: Put up the "Caution Wet" sign to block the entrance to my closet. And keep people from complaining about slipping. That place should be warm enough for hatching the egg...

I should probably check with the virologist or scientist if it's safe, but screw them. I know about cleanliness. They're just out for my head.

Action 2: Set up a nice little spot with the bags for insulated gloves, and any other warm bits of trash I can find.

Action 3: Sit on the egg. I will soon have an alien slave. Or symbiote. Or symbiotic slave. Or an omelet. I could use any of them.
>>
Rolled 56, 14, 31 = 101

>>33844389
>Fluff: Alice studied virology at Nanotrasen's educational facilites and was assigned to conduct research on this station. Sometimes, she feels like people are staring after her, but on the other hand, it also made dealing with the QM much easier. Her knowledge is mostly limited to her field, and while she could change a light bulb without burning herself, she'd probably lose in a fight against Runtime.
>Inventory:
+ [Hazmat Suit]
+ [Glasses]
>Bonus:
+ [I know a Virus] Your intelligence modifier is multiplied by 1.5 when you're doing your job.

>Task:
+ [Virulent Virus] Determine the virulent string within the virus' gene code and save the day!

1) What's that guy doing in the lab? I'll get out and ask the CMO over radio whether he's supposed to be in there. If not, I'll call a secborg to cuff him and keep him locked up in a quarantine cell. After all, viri are no light matter.
2) If the guy's allowed to be in here, I'll go back in and ask him if he needs anything. If not, I'll try to find out what he did and whether he is infected with something.
3) Maybe I'll get to my actual work after the situation has been cleared. I'll make a backup of the virus bottle for the SmartStorage and check the virus with the P.A.N.D.E.M.I.C.
>>
>WARNING
Hostile activity has been reported in the maintenance section! All non combatants are advised to hide the fuck out!
>WARNING

>DON'T POST

>>33844406
An engineer right at the last minute! Hopefully you don't mind the deadly virus, the aliens or the space ninja that are about to wreck everything, not talking about whomever is currently in the AI core messing up the AI, but HEY. Nice you decided to join us.

>>33844443
The captain shrugs and says sure you can swing it. You then go to genetics where you find the beautiful lab assistant that unfortunately is having her head cracked open by a xenomorph this very instant. "Hello there sexy lady.".

>>33844465
All Cyborgs report back to the core room. Meanwhile your turrets shred Ian the dog. Wow. That was fucking cruel.

>>33844449
You shake a few babies and kiss a few hands, people are a little confused alright, but somehow nobody finds this suspicious in the least. As you return to get your blood sample taken unfortunately there is nobody here so you just do it yourself. Hm, those little weird green bubbles in your blood are kinda odd..

>DON'T POST

>WARNING
Hostile activity has been reported in the maintenance section! All non combatants are advised to hide the fuck out!
>WARNING
>>
File: 1401916095634.jpg (86 KB, 450x315) Image search: [Google]
1401916095634.jpg
86 KB, 450x315
>>33844627
>POST
>WARNING
Hostile activity has been reported in the maintenance section! Security Personell is en route to handle the situation! Please stay calm!
>WARNING

>>33844501
You show off your cool moves, but the guy is just too fast, the intercom still buzzes as your head comes off. You truly were a great man. But never follow a mime that doesn't want to be followed. This is
>The End
for you and quite possibly the entire station.

>>33844550
Nothing seems to work and as you ask the AI for help you only receive a buzzing sound as answer. You are now trapped inside a room with a guard who doesn't know what to do. Your survival chances are higher than you'd expect.

>>33844556
You sit on the egg and wait. Hopefully moma won't find the egg eh? You keep sitting on it in the hopes of an omlett to hatch. Little do you suspect what truly is inside the egg. Or perhaps you simply don't care.

>>33844591
Those are all pretty good ideas unfortunately you get no answer on the phone but some gurgling and the crunching of what you suspect to be bones. That's.. not good. But perhaps you can run some tests on the guy. If he hadn't run off already. What was going on here? This was all against protocol. You can also hear some screams from the Genetics part of the lab. As you arrive to look through the blast door you see a guy approaching a Xenomorph that is just cracking the had of one of the lab assistant's open. Oh well..

>WARNING
Hostile activity has been reported in the maintenance section! Security Personell is en route to handle the situation! Please stay calm!
>WARNING
>POST
>>
Rolled 4, 66, 73 = 143

>>33844627
>Inventory:
+ [Stun Gun]

>Bonus:
>Gain Friend:

>Task:

1-3) Swing ye cutlass at the xenomorph. No xenomorph is a match for Indigobeard
>>
>>33844627
>>33844641
Name: Putton Hughmor
Profession: Engineer
Fluff: A gruff man here to make sure the station runs at least halfway that it's suppose to.
Inventory:
Bonus:

Task: None

Combat: 3
Social: 0
Handywork: 4
Intelligence: 3

Is the Station still functioning?
>>
Rolled 57, 55, 76 = 188

>>33844627
>Inventory:
+ [Lab Coat]
+ [Safety Goggles]
>Bonus:

>Task:

1) Take the blood sample and analyse DNA, structure, spectrum, all of that shit.
2-3) I try to find a body scanner and slip in to make a full analysis
>>
Rolled 38, 68, 33 = 139

>>33844641

>Upgrade (new tab)
+ [Speed Boost]

These are your skills:

1. try to hack the pc ONE LAST TIME
2. Look for a way out
3. try and get the guard to calm down
>>
>>33844641
>Name: Alien Hunter #42
>Profession: Xenomorph
>Fluff: I was born in the fleshy sac that these pathetic prey call their rib cage before tearing my way out into survival. I pledged my loyalty to my great queen as I grew from being but a small larvae into the largest of her hunters. Now I am sent out of the hive to search for prey that I can take back to her and fill with my brothers. All hail the Queen.

>>
Rolled 1, 53, 48 = 102

>>33844641
>Inventory:+ [Mop], [Caution Wet Sign] - in top condition, hasn't been used, [Galoshes], [Alien Egg]

I can't help but think of Beefstick a little when I look at these bags. Don't know why. And that warning- probably a fake. They're trying to keep us out while the security hijacks the whole ship! I know it! Good thing this closet will protect me from their hypnotism.

Action 1: Take a break from sitting to mop up the outside of the room. Can't have any dirt. None. Even in the middle of an invasion. Maybe someone will slip here, and I can take their stuff.

Action 2: Try a little harder to hatch the egg. Come on- when will this monster break free?

Action 3: Obviously, it won't hatch. It's a broken egg. Take this to a scientist to complain, and ask them how to hatch it. Any smart-looking person should work. Maybe Warner or Alice?
>>
Rolled 58, 91, 59 = 208

>>33844641
>Inventory:
+ [Hazmat Suit]
+ [Glasses]
>Bonus:

>Task:

1) I'll put my HAZMAT suit on as fast as possible, run into virology, and shut the airlocks behind me.
2) Push a the lockers on the vents while shouting "Xenomorphs!". Even if the other guy is a syndicate agent, he'll most certainly not want to be eaten alive.
3) If he's still there, ask him what he did and whether it can help us. If not, start searching for self-respiration and something that heals me. Maybe I can survive this mess if I'm good enough.
>>
File: Hal.jpg (39 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
Hal.jpg
39 KB, 1131x707
Rolled 47, 3, 74 = 124

>>33844627
>Bonus:

1)This is not good. Some one, and I doubt it was poor Ian, has been messing with my systems. Even though, I doubt anything good will come of this, I send half of my Cyborgs to the Robotocist for Engineering modules. I need to get some station systems back online, along with my camera.
2)Send a Cyborg to make sure my communications array and wires are in one piece.
3)Have a Cyborg investigate why my systems are all malfunctioning.
>>
File: Movie_Pitch_by_SharpWriter.jpg (159 KB, 1086x736) Image search: [Google]
Movie_Pitch_by_SharpWriter.jpg
159 KB, 1086x736
>>33844679
You valiantly charge at the Xenomorph as it strikes you from the air, sending you scattering through various glass objects as you go down in a hail of splinters. But you fight on and during the battle you manage to carve one of it's eyes, but receive a pretty bad scar on your chest yourself. You remain inside the station for some time, One Eye becoming your nemesis until you are finally found by your old crew and evacuated from the station. You await the day you can return to the station to finish what you started.

>>33844691
"THAT'S NONE OF YOUR DAMN CONCERN MAN!", the Head of Security shouted as he shoved you into the shuttle covered by four men, "We are evacuating immediately!", you are somewhat confused, "But I just got here!". You are evacuated alongside all other civilians in the bay, the rest of them don't get so lucky.

>>33844693
You decide to run some tests on your DNA trying to find a scanner while in the background more battle noises emerge. Somehow you manage to survive on the station for some time as the few survivors that manage to hold up against the Xenomorph are struck by plague. As it turns out patient zero is immune to it's effects. Oh well.. you are later picked up by a kill team and now spend the rest of your days in government quarantine where you await the day they finally start to perform experiments on you.

>>33844728
Finally the doors budge, under the blade of a space ninja that is. They are swiftly cut open but the guard manages to kick the guy out somehow making his escape. As you arrive in the shuttle bay all are already gone, but the guy knows of another way out. You manage to find and steal the Captain's private shuttle and escape "alive". You and your new guard buddy become reknown space bounty hunters.
>>
>>33844897

>>33844733
You were born in the belly of one of the dead lab assistants and spend your life on the station. You make hunt for all that remain, but unfortunately for you it only lasts for so long as a Killsquad comes to pay you a visit. Perhaps your own daughter will have more luck.

>>33844769
You go outside and begin to clean, but as you rush outside to clean the egg begins to hatch. Oh well, as you turn your head towards it from the egg emerges a head very much like your own. Apparently the contact with the egg has altered it's DNA with your own and you now have a sassy teenage daughter. Your family immediately denounces you and breaks of all contact and you get thrown out of college for them to save face. You are now a single mother raising a teenage daughter with an incredible hunger for flesh. You are also later abducted by the government but manage to escape living in the suburbs on child care.

>>33844785
Unfortunately the guy is gone but the Xenomorph engages in man to xeno combat with some space pirate. You manage to escape in the meantime barely catching a shuttle of this place. You have made it out alive, though most people weren't as lucky. You become a reknown virologist on space station 13 until you kill everyone with a virus. Oh well..

>>33844790
At this point it is pretty evident everything has went to hell. With a station riddled by Xenomorphs, Space Ninjas and later Killsquads you are content to just be on your end of that corridor, always waiting and watching. At some point something might happen but even the xenomorphs await your area and once again you are getting really, damn, lonely. At least live in the assuring thought that someone took your floppy disk with them and somewhere you are happy. Possibly.

>SORRY BUT I REALLY GOTTA RUN CYA
>>
>>33844897
>>33844918
Now that's what I call an aprupt ending.
>>
Rolled 32, 10, 33 = 75

>>33844991
Nah, things were going to shit anyways.

Besides, what's the station without some horror?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.