[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AT-TE Commander Quest 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 14
File: AT-TE Commander Quest.png (64 KB, 1222x742) Image search: [Google]
AT-TE Commander Quest.png
64 KB, 1222x742
Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=AT-TE%20Commander%20Quest

Twitter: @ObserverQM

---

You are Second Lieutenant CT-42/458, and you are standing in General Kenobi's improvised command center, the basement of an obsolete concrete bunker.

Six hours ago AT-TE 7330, the hastily repaired TX-130, and the remainder of the General's forces began the mop up operation of the B-1 battle droid stragglers. Afterwards, a relief force mostly consisting of Loyalist infantry arrived and began the search for survivors as well as taking over the garrison of the location, allowing for Kenobi and your two tanks to retreat back to the main base of Republic operations in the southern hemisphere, Shelter Base.

You have just finished providing your debrief of the battle, which you learned was for the control of the city of Jaxx.

You informed him and Commander Cody of all aspects of the battle excluding the discussion with Xtreme concerning Sparks going "off the reservation," Twitch's "marketplace," and other minor details about your first 24 hours in combat. You reexplained the encounter with the lightsaber user in more detail, bring up Crusader's sword fight with him when the General expressed his disbelief that mere clones were able to defeat a force user. Your report was concise, professional, and above all, utterly exhausting.

You are now standing at attention in a musty, poorly lit concrete room before the General, who is leaning on his hands at the edge of a battered holographic gambling table. On the table is an old paper map of the area, the table deactivated due to the number of fellow troopers setting up a generator in the corner, running power lines, setting up better lighting, and doing everything else to create a proper command center.

Fatigue clings to your muscles and you feel yourself struggle to maintain a stiff posture, though a small part of you is glad to see that the General is sagging with weariness. He rubs his eyes.

> [Cont.]
>>
File: CT 42-458 in Armor.png (141 KB, 355x684) Image search: [Google]
CT 42-458 in Armor.png
141 KB, 355x684
>>44466960
"Being caught unprepared by a Separatist attack, by a full division no less, facing nuclear weapons, all with an understrength battalion? It sounds like you had quite the day, Lieutenant, and I'm surprised that you were able to not only survive but successfully repel their assault." Kenobi says before slowly standing back upright.

He crosses one arm across his chest and rests a hand on his chin before continuing, "Though unfortunately we suffered severe losses. I am afraid that I may have to label the 4th Battalion as unfit for duty and fold the remaining soldiers into another outfit."

Cody cuts in for the first time. "General, you know the Senate will be unhappy about the casualties if you declare the 4th Battalion defunct."

The General sighs, pinching his nose with two fingers. "Yes, I know Commander, but what would you have me do? Reinforcements are spread thin as it is across the Outer Rim!" Kenobi slams his hand down on the edge of the old table, causing you to flinch back. You stay staunchly silent in the discussion.

"The few reinforcements we would receive will be cut off due to the Senate's outrage at the news that a whole battalion was killed nearly to a man on the first day of an invasion, sir." Despite his stiff posture and balled fists. Cody does his best to maintain a professional tone.

Kenobi shakes his head, gesturing with his free hand as he speaks. "I am well aware of the situation Commander, I just do not see a way out of it. The chain of command for the 4th Battalion has been completely destroyed, and I can't rightfully send raw enlisted into battles without good officers."

"Sir, not all the officers were lost." Cody turns his attention towards you, nodding his head. "I see an officer who has proved himself in battle right here."

As the General turns to face you, you cannot halt the anxiety from boiling in your gut. Nor can you halt the sliver of excitement as well, in response you subtly straighten your posture.

> [Cont.]
>>
File: AT-TE.jpg (5 MB, 2908x1918) Image search: [Google]
AT-TE.jpg
5 MB, 2908x1918
>>44467002
"You are right, he did lead the defense against the final Separatist assault, and held off an entire battalion with only his walker and Bandit's scout company." After a thoughtful pause, Kenobi whips his head back towards Cody with an incredulous expression. "You are not suggesting we hand over control of the whole battalion to him?"

Cody shakes his head. You hear a dark chuckle emit from his helmet. "No sir, but stranger things have happened in this war. Until a replacement is comes in from Kamino, CT-42/458 is technically the commanding officer of the 1st Armored Company, and his leadership quotient is high, according to the reports we received from the training instructors."

Pride wells up inside of you. You did graduate top of your birthing cycle, after all. "The 4th Battalion can still live on in name, though it would have to work closely with one of the other battalions in future operations." Cody gives you a sidelong look and tilts his head slightly to the side. Though you cannot see, you get the feeling that he just winked at you.

"Well, it is true that a shipment of replacements is arriving in a week," Kenobi says slowly while stroking his beard. You feel uncomfortable at the glint in his eyes. "And while I normally would be concerned about the company's ability to field armor, the repairs on the damaged vehicles are going swimmingly, though sadly not all can be saved. Also, we have to establish the chain of command for the incoming officers." Like a predator locking onto their prey, Obi-Wan Kenobi's eyes lock with yours. You really do not lik-

"1st Lieutenant CT-42/458, you are hereby promoted to the acting commanding officer of the 1st Company." You feel a hand patting your shoulder as your world swirls, your confidence wavering. You, in command of an entire Company?

"While I am sorry to say that your forces are, well, let's say a little sparse at the moment," Why does the General sound amused?

> [Cont.]
>>
>>44467057
"I am sure that you will be able to pull it off. In the meantime, your forces will be attached to-" The metal door squeaks behind you, the sound echoing what is going on in your thoughts right now, and clipped steps enter the room. Kenobi breaks out into a wide smile. "Ah, here he is now! 1st Lieutenant, meet your temporary superior officer."

"It's bloody fine to finally meet you, Lieutenant." You recognize the gruff voice you have only heard over comms up to now. Rigidly you perform a perfect about-face turn on the heel of your right foot, plant your feet, and ratchet your arm into a crisp salute.

"Good to finally meet you, Major." You respond.

As Bandit laughs, you take a moment to examine his armor. He is wearing the scout's armor with an officer's pauldron and a belt filled to the brim with pouches, many of which you identify as holding explosives. His armor, rather than the solid dark green and browns you normally associate with scouts, is instead a speckled pattern of blacks, dark browns, greys, greens, and blues that blends in well with the harsh shadows being painted against the concrete walls. Urban camo, you decide, and like with Twitch you have difficulty getting anything more focused than a hazy outline of the Major outside of the light.

He is holding his helmet on his hip. He looks nothing like a regulation clone. His head has been shaved bald and looks to be damaged from old burn wounds, but a thick black beard and goatee covers the lower half of his face.

Starting on the left side of his face and moving towards the back of his skull is a pattern that reminds you of the streaks of swirling starfighters in a massive dogfight, a fierce battle that goes on to no end. Vibrant reds and blues almost seem to scream along his skin, much of the work adhering to Bandit's scar tissue.

After you tear your eyes away from the brilliant tattoo work, awe grips your heart as you spot the weaponry he is carrying.

> [Cont.]
>>
>>44467110
You see two holsters containing DC-15s blaster pistols at his hips, a DC-17m IWS hanging off his side on a strap crossing his chest, as well as a DC-15S blaster carbine slung along the back of his belt.

Commando weapons. How did he obtain those? Though the Commandos are fine soldiers of the Republic, your experience with them is that they are incredibly possessive of their gear and would rather spend time in the brig than let any other clone touch it, especially the ARC troopers. Back on Kamino, you remember watching the two groups' rivalry grow from petty pranks into fistfights in the rec room, each trying to prove to the other that they were the elite troops of the Republic.

You are unsure which are more 'elite.'

Bandit clears his throat, bringing you back into the present with a jolt. Again Bandit laughs his gruff laugh. "Faded out for a moment there, mate? Yes, it's me, you don't have to worry." Bandit pats his free hand on his chest and a dull thump resounds in the small room. "All 'ere, rookie."

"Major," Kenobi cuts in, tone professional yet surprisingly.. Warm? "Show the Lieutenant around the base, and be sure to introduce him to his new Company's facilities."

The Major quickly performs a proper salute. "Yes, General." He gently grabs you by the arm and tugs, urging you to exit the room. A portion of your dazed senses returns to you and you allow yourself to be guided out the door and down the hallway. As you walk, the Major is speaking to you.

"Alright mate, looks like I'm playing tour guide for you." Bandit coughs into his hand with a flourish clearing his throat loudly.

When he speaks again, you are struck by how similar he sounds to one of the confident salesmen that you watched on Holonet commercials on breaks, the ones who always tried to sell the troopers something called "Life insurance." Many of your brothers bought it, but none of you ever understood what it was, at least you didn't.

> [Cont.]
>>
>>44467164
"Shelter base is one of the oldest military fortresses on Jabiim, a feat of engineering that ages back to when the local government was a mishmash of disorganized feuding factions. Hundreds of these fortresses dot the planet, each the home of an independent King who was trying to declare themselves "Supreme King" of the planet. After thousands of years and the enlightening rise of democracy," At this point Bandit opens a door to the surprisingly clear twilight, revealing a series of squat, rectangular, poorly maintained bunkers reinforced and crudely repaired with durasteel panels. The compound seems to have been build into the incline of a hill, and you happen to be standing on the high ground.

In the center of the large interior is a tall, ornate building with a number moderately tall spires surrounding a broad and extreme tall one in the middle, next to which you spot a line of hanger bays that are still under construction by Republic troops. On the opposite side you spot the edge of a series of landing pads, currently empty except for boxes of supplies and a handful of LAATs. Outside the outer walls and slightly downhill, you see the tall rusted towers of ancient cranes and humps of what you think are mining vehicles.

Bandit continues after allowing you to soak in the view you were too distracted to appreciate when you entered, "These very same fortresses became hubs of mining, supplying the foundries that were later built on this planet with essential materials, and enabling the cities similar to the nearby Jaxx to develop and and thrive. Then, years ago, these bases became the homes of pirates, and bandits, though not as honorable as yours truly, of course," Bandit shares a sly grin with you. "who had come to this planet to pillage its people and their resources. Now they are strategic locations in the ongoing bloody civil war we have been sent to intervene, in order to repel the Separatists from Republic soil."

> [Cont.]
>>
>>44467191
Bandit rests his arms on his hips and gives a swift nod towards the compound. You cannot help but stare at him in shock as he looks extremely proud of himself.

"Major?" You query. He gives a satisfied grunt. "How do you know all of that?"

"Huh mate?" He cocks his head at you, a confused expression soon shifting to realization. His voice has returned to normal "Oh, right, they don't teach galactic history anymore, all about those simms, am I right?"

You nod. "Well, I am what you might call a history buff. I like to know about the worlds we are sent to, and with knowledge of the past can come tactical thinking they don't train you in the simms." He taps the side of his skull with his finger and give you a wink.

"Alright, now, where would you like to go?" He vaguely waves towards the inner courtyard. "We have all the facilities you need. There's a fully stocked field hospital ran mostly by the Loyalists, good lot the bunch of them when you get to know them, over there are the vehicle bays where your AT-TE is being repaired, barracks are in the basement of the castle, and we even have a sanctioned rec room."

Bandit looks away slit-eyes for a moment before leaning in at the distance normally reserved for trading secrets and conspiracies like in the smuggler holovids, as well as giving reports while surrounded and hiding from enemy forces.

"Also, there's an unsanctioned rec room, if you catch my drift. They have good access to beverages from all over the galaxy even in wartime, and I owe you one for pulling me and my scouts out of that hotbox earlier."

He leans back out, brushing his shoulder off. "If you would like, I could give you a tour of the castle if you would like, or the outer perimeter. I have most of this place mapped out, so if you stick with me kid, you won't get lost." He taps an extended finger on your chestpiece. "That's the same on the field as well, you remember that. So, what do you say, Lieutenant?"

> [Cont.]
>>
>>44467222
> Orders?

> [] Barracks, bed, you need to sleep.
> [] You are too hyped up, calm your nerves by checking up on your AT-TE.
> [] There is still a gaping, half healed wound in your leg, go to a medic.
> [] A "beverage" sounds appropriate right now, go have one.
> [] Head to the Recreation Room, you never went to the one on Kamino, no time between simms.
> [] Continue Major Bandit's tour of the fortress.
> [] Walk the outer walls, make sure the perimeter is secure.
> [] Other.

> Also, feel free to write in any questions you want to ask Major Bandit.
>>
>>44467247
then
then
> [] Barracks, bed, you need to sleep.
>>
>>44467247

Take care of ourselves first then

"If you're still around after I get this dressed sir I'd like to take you up on that drink." See if our team is available to meet us there as well. There are a couple of conversations that we promised to have.
>>
>>44467247
>>44467373
Sounds like a reasonable order of priorities.

Also, mother of all opening posts. I hope we get breveted up to 1st Lieutenant, at least...
>>
File: Kill to die to death.jpg (141 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Kill to die to death.jpg
141 KB, 1000x562
>>44467280
Ah, how beautiful the world would be if everything were that simple and orderly.

>>44467373
Your crew are around. Bandit will be sticking with you, guiding you around the base.

All the options but one lead to someone different. They are all in the base, don't worry.

>>44467562
Look again at what Kenobi told you right before Bandit walked in.

Thanks! The words just flowed, you know?

I will keep voting open for a little longer, let more people file in. Even if you do not vote and only have arrived to lurk, I would appreciate if you chimed in that you are here.
>>
Alright, paying mind to the medical professionals. Writing.
>>
>>44467742

Good to see you Observer, hope some more people roll through here soon.

>>44467562

The commander of a company is going to at least be a Captain. Which (given and armored company at full strength) should mean an upgrade to our walker to a command post. Part of our responsibilities will now be coordination with the fighting vehicles under our command and making sure everything goes well there. At least that's how an armored company in the US military is set up
>>
>>44468359
You are "In command" of the company. Think of when the lead tank has been disabled in combat and the next in command has to step up and lead. Now, imagine that the chain of command has gone down to the very end of the line. That is your situation right now.

Kenobi's field commision of CT-42/458 to 1st Lieutenant is so that, once a new officer appears, the "more experienced" walker commander will be in charge of the "company" and its new recruits.
>>
>>44468438

Gotcha sounds good. Yeah I figured it would be different on account of the fact that we are literally the last walker standing
>>
As Bandit leads you down into the compound, your thoughts turn inward as the latent energy adrenaline provides slowly fades away now that the danger has passed.

For the past 12 hours, adrenaline has been coursing through your veins and keeping your wits sharp. It has kept you moving, it has countered and conquered your fear as your training took control of you on that battlefield. Your rapidfire decisions had saved your life on multiple occasions, and without your training to focus under high pressure, high speed situations back on Kamino, you would have died earlier today.

The thought loops through your mind again. You could have died. Today, your first day defending the Republic from her enemies, could have been your last. You remember watching the holovids and seeing the hero skirt death at every turn, always a hair's breath away from being killed by gangers or dark Sith. You always imagined what it would be like to be one of those smugglers, traveling the furthest reaches of the Outer Rim, but what you imagined was in no way similar to reality.

You could have died. In fact, you nearly died multiple times. From a stray blaster bolt like what almost got Phi, to the nuclear warhead, or the Fallen Jedi, or even when the C-9979 came crashing down. At every turn, a wrong move could have led to your death, though you always were fast enough to avoid it.

Well, almost every time. When the GATs were screaming at your position, you were helpless. When the building started to collapse, you were doomed, and only luck saved you from getting smashed like Kep was. Though you were not entirely lucky, you did not leave the battle unscathed. You remember the confusion you felt when you say the metal pole impaling your leg, and then the pai-

"Unf-" A pained grunt is all you can get out as a searing agony shoots up your left leg. Reaching down with your left hand, you try and clutch your wound, to somehow stop the pain.

> [Cont.]
>>
>>44468848
You stumble a few steps down the hill you are walking, losing balance, your nerves are screaming, your head is pitching forward. You try and raise your arm to stop your fall.

"Hey," Strong arms grab the back of your armor, halting your descent. Bandit's helmet tumbles a few feet down the shallow hillside as he says, "Lieutenant, mate, don't go off and die on me!" He lift you back up into him and it is all you can do to stay on your feet. All strength is gone from your limbs. Bandit lifts your limp arm over his shoulders and rests your weight on him.

"Alright mate, stay with me. It would be a shame if your good luck ran out here, eh?" Bandit trudges with you forward a few steps. He reaches down, slowly so not to throw you off balance, and picks up his helmet and places it on his head. You hear the microphone of the helmet speak, "Off to the Doc we go, then. And I was starting to think you were a good luck charm."

The world spins and twirls like a crashing wave, then stops.

----

You awaken on a thin mattress. As you groggily open your eyes, every limb in your body quietly burning from fatigue, you are surrounded by teal sheets. After looking around the undersides of them, you see the boots Major standing to your right on the other side of one with his back to you, facing the next bed. You tune into their conversation.

"-ate, Phi, how are you holding up?" The Major is saying.

"Ah, you know, about as well as a man with a hole in his chest can be." Phi's voice sounds weak and slightly nasally. "Though I guess I have you to thank for that."

Bandit shakes his head and waves dismissively at Phi. "Don't worry about it mate, we clones have to look out for each other. Hell, your Lieutenant saved my scouts at least 3 times, least I could have done to keep your unlucky hide alive."

> [Cont.]
>>
>>44468895
Bandit rests a hand on his holster. You hear him make a tut sound. "In all the time I've know you Phi, never once have you been hit. Now that the old Commander is gone and you got this Shiny commanding you, your luck seems to have gone out the airlock."

"Blast it all, what are you talking about Bandit?" Phi makes agitated motions with his arm. "What does the old Commander have to do with this?"

Bandit extends his arms in a sign of surrender. "Easy mate, no hard feelings. I'm just saying, I saw the droid that got you. A B-1, of all things. The bloody things couldn't hit a walker if you were standing right over them and a Jedi was guiding their shot. See what I mean?"

You hear Phi grumble some sort of affirmation. Footsteps echo resound to your left on the tile floor.

"Now, I understand you all surviving that bloody clusterfuck we just went through, you lot always found a way, even when the last three commanders the Captain tried to pin on you didn't pan out. Oh," You hear a shuffling of armor. "I wanted to tell you that I am sorry about Big. Unlucky, that."

The footsteps are getting closer.

Phi sighs. "The Lieutenant is good at what he does, don't get me wrong. He's young and inexperienced, but we all were at some point." He pauses. You can hear the shuffling of sheets, and the footsteps are nearly at your bed.

"I don't know, Major. Jackpot, and Twitch too, they were both adamant after we landed on this planet. You know how they are all superstitious, but they were saying that he was a jin-" Phi's quiet voice is cut off as the curtain towards your feet is whipped to the side. You jolt upwards at the sound and whip your head around to see-

A trooper covered in yellow X's, holding a syringe that is nearly as broad and long as his forearm.

The visor stares at you, emotionless. Then, a slight mad giggle escapes through the microphone.

"Lieutenant," You hear him practically squee. "I'm here to help!"

Your heart drops. This can't be good.

> [Cont.]
>>
>>44468919

> Orders?

> [] Lay and accept your fate. You're too tired and inequipped to deal with this.
> [] Quick, say/ask him something to confuse him! (What?)
> [] Evasive action, under the bed!
> [] Use the pillow as a diversion, book it!
> [] Call for assistance, that needle is very big and your leg hurts.
> [] Your other leg is fine, kick!
> [] Other
>>
>>44468944
>> [] Quick, say/ask him something to confuse him! (What?)
>> [] Evasive action, under the bed!
General Kenibi Sir!! Motion behind X then roll under bed.
>>
>>44468944
>[] Use the pillow as a diversion, book it!
>>
I wonder if right now is a bad time for running? Possibly. I feel that running tomorrow would be a poor idea, because of it being New Year's and all.

We'll see about tonight. I'll keep voting open for a little while longer.
>>
>>44468944
>evasive maneuvers

Sorry, just got back.

Do we get to haphazardly paint blue captain stripes on our outfit now?
>>
>>44468944
> [] Quick, say/ask him something to confuse him! (What?)
> [] Your other leg is fine, kick!
Hey whos the good lucking girl behind you?
>>
>>44468944
>> [] Use the pillow as a diversion, book it!
>>
>>44469432
Sadly, you are still only a 1st Lieutenant, no Captain's bars for you.

So how about this: Say something distracting "HEY LOOK BEHIND YOU" etc, Kick, Pillow, Book it.

Sound good?

If so, I need 1d10, 3 times please.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>44469512
Sounds good
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>44469512
Sounds good sir.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>44469512
lets do it
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>44469512
We'll use the force!

on an unrelated note, I've been considering running a novelty knock off AT-AT quest, perhaps taking place somewhere cold and exotic)
>>
>>44469614
Feel free to run it if you would like. It could be interesting.

>>44469529
>>44469554
>>44469611
> 10, 4, 6

Fun, fun. Writing.
>>
Back on Kamino when you were younger, it was common for troopers to pull pranks on each other. It was allowed up to a certain point by the instructors because it taught you to "always stay on your toes," though if it was taken too far they would step in. Both those who pulled the prank and, if applicable, those who were pranked would get scolded for different reasons.

Good thing is, you were always the best at avoiding being pranked, and you learned a few tricks along the way.

You play up the confusion as you sit up, waving your arms to deter the incoming needle. Xtreme takes another step towards you "What?" You say in your perfected 'Generic Clone Voice.' Xtreme edges closer to you, slowly bring the syringe to bear. "Lieutenant? No, I-I'm just a Corporal! C-corporal Lance! Please, stop!" You cower behind your hands, playing up the act of you being terrified.

Xtreme moves to take another step before hesitating. Good. He cocks his head to the side. "The nurse said the Lieutenant was here." He states in a monotone.

You peak above your hands to look at him. You continue to talk in the quick, panicked tone. "What, that new Lieutenant? Jinx, or something like that?"

Xtreme lowers his syringe, and his posture relaxes. Looks like that's the name they have been using for you, and because they have their provate comm channel, he thinks there is no way you could know that name. Good.

"Yeah, that's who I'm looking for. Lance, was it? Do you know where he is? I have a, surprise for him."

You slowly lower your hands. "So, you aren't going to plunge me with that big needle?"

"No, Corporal, I won't plunge you with this needle." Xtreme states blandly, his head moving as if he were rolling his eyes.

> [Cont.]
>>
>>44470544
"Alright, alright, j-just leave me be." You look him in the eyes then point them to the curtain to your right. "I don't know where he could be, I just heard about him, you know?" You nudge your head to the right slightly. "N-now can you please l-leave?"

Xtreme's helmet glances to where you are motioning to. He looks back at you and solemnly nods before slowly sliding over to the next curtain. As he gets out of sight, you quietly grab your pillow behind you. You leg feels much better, you note, and glancing down you do not even see a bandage. Odd.

The curtain to your right sways slightly near the wall, causing you to whip you head back. You see Bandit standing beside you, and he gives you a wink.

The sheet to your right is torn open, and you hear a mad battle cry.

"AAARRRRRGGGGG-"

"AH DAMMIT X WH-"

There is a loud crashing and a deep thump as the bed's supports shatter. You swing your legs around and stand, Bandit helping you up, as you hear X's mad laughter.

"DRINK UP COMMANDER, YOU NEED MINK TO GIVE YOU STRONG BONES!"

"GLUGBLURFLALGUF-" Is the articulate response you hear. You walk out of the bed with only a slight limp. Bandit points two fingers to the left, then motions with a thumb behind him, winking again.

You catch his drift. As the two of you casually walk, you turn around and fling the pillow up and over the curtains. With a light poomf, you hear Xtreme's mad glee stop in a heartbeat.

"GLUBLURF- BAH! X, you nut, it's me, Phi!"

You and Bandit speed walk to the end of the corridor, but there you hear the sprinting feet of an enraged clone approach from behind you.

As you reach the door, You turn around and point wildly behind the charging clone. You call out in your Generic Clone Voice, "There he is! He's running that way!"

Xtreme skids to a halt a bare meter in front of you, exuding a huff of frustration before turning around, squatting so to immediately begin running again.

> [Cont.]
>>
>>44470566
You plant a solid foot on his back, your good leg, and push. As Xtreme began his wild sprint, your extra momentum makes him lose balance, flying stomach first onto the ground and landing directly on his syringe. The glass shatters.

You it smells of rancid bantha milk. Good think you did not drink that, you know a trooper who almost died after being dared to chug a glass of that vile stuff.

"Come on mate," Bandit says with a smile beside you. "Let's go."

"Sure, Bandit." You say in your regular voice as you turn away. Casting a head over your shoulder, you see Xtreme try to flounder his way back up to a standing position, but his flailing only tears down the curtains around him. You give a little wave as nurses and orderlies squeeze past you to detain Xtreme.

"See you soon, X." You say before leaving.

Bandit glances back at you. "That was pretty good, Lieutenant. Now that you're up an at'em, where to next?"

"Quick question first," You ask. "How long was I out?"

"Oh, through the night." He waves his hand vaguely. "These doctors, they know how to fix us up real quick. Your armor is being repaired somewhere and should be returned to your quarters by tonight, if you're worried."

The two of you leave the building and enter the inner courtyard. Looks like you were in the central castle.

> Orders?

> Same as before, except for food and sleep.
> You could to talk with Kenobi now, if you would like.
>>
>>44470593
well now that we are rested and a little healed we should take the grand tour
>>
>>44470593

Care to take me on a Grand Tour Major, preferably ending in a place with food and beverages?
>>
>>44470593
> Orders?
Check out the motor pool real quick to see our baby,(and possibly qt driver) and then hit the food and bar
>>
>>44470593
>> Same as before, except for food and sleep.
I keep my promises Major.
>>
>>44470593
Tour time
>>
>>44470593
Let Bandit show us the world.
>>
Apologies, my vision is currently swimming. For whatever reason, today has been exhausting. Guess I'm still not fully recovered yet.

>>44470639
>>44470693
>>44470711
>>44470724
>>44470745

I can absolutely do this, perhaps later tonight, though likely tomorrow. It will probably be another massive post like the first one, depending, unless you all want me to segment out the process? If so, what order would you like to hit the big places Bandit pointed out?

Early QnA is open. I also have big plans for Upgrades for the AT-TE but my ability to think is dying.
>>
>>44470745
preferably while singing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kl4hJ4j48s
>>
File: anime thumbs up.jpg (24 KB, 301x267) Image search: [Google]
anime thumbs up.jpg
24 KB, 301x267
>>44470797
Hey mang, your quest is cool.

Good job so far on everything, you certainly stomp my shit
>>
>>44470797
I think I would prefer you to segment it, if only for us to have a few more dialog options.
>>
>>44470797

Segmenting it out would probably be easier for gauging the player base and attracting some folks. I like your big posts because I like your writing but I can see where some people would just see a wall of text
>>
>>44470797
Don't strain yourself, OP, You will only make it worse. You are doing great, best quest on /tg/ s far as I'm concerned.

I would prefer a segmented post, but mainly because of >>44470861 reason.
>>
>>44470845
Thank you!

>>44470861
>>44470874
>>44470958
I can do this. If that's the case, what would you like for the first location to be that we start this tour at? You are currently right outside of the Castle, so I assume would be the logical first step.

Also, thank you all for your kind words! I am glad this quest is going as well as it is so far. Also, quick question: do you all enjoy the 3ish post update length?
>>
>>44471041
>You are currently right outside of the Castle, so I assume would be the logical first step.
Starting with the castle sounds good,

>Also, thank you all for your kind words! I am glad this quest is going as well as it is so far. Also, quick question: do you all enjoy the 3ish post update length?
It's AWESOME!
>>
>>44471041
castle sounds good, what about after, whats close by?
>>
>>44471041

Castle is good
>>
>>44471077
> It's AWESOME!
Good to hear! To be perfectly honest, because of how much is going on at any time as the quest is happening, I don't feel as if the scene is complete until I've passed what I've come to identify as the 3rd post mark. That's why there's been a few times where there's only been a small post with a few lines. Just too much happening, which is good for you readers!

>>44471200
Well, if you head towards the landing pads, over there is a supply depot which you couldn't see from your position before and Bandit forgot to talk about. There is the Hospital, of course, as well as the Barracks in the Castle. You could run into crew members there, and it would be good for you to know where you sleep.

The Motor pool is outside the Castle towards the command bunker. Obviously there's the external wall you can walk about, and like I said, taking a speeder outside the walls is an option.

It would be a situation of questions/walking around describing the base kinda thing, and I think I may reduce the post size just so we can get through it faster, give you all more chances for dialogue, etc. Sound good?

>>44471273
Noted.
>>
>>44471302

Sounds perfect based Observer
>>
Because I am feeling generous, or perhaps a little loopy:

I will answer a single question you all may have about each character I have introduced so far. Ask anything at all, especially if its something you think CT-42/458 will never have cross his mind.
>>
>>44471862
why did Phi have green paint on the back of one of his hands?
>>
I just discovered this quest today, and read through the archives. Keep up the good work.
>>
>>44471862
Do any of our men directly blame us for the loss of big and is it to such an extent it will effect our relationship with them?
>>
>>44471862
What can you tell us about Big? Did he hide any secrets or was he just an unfortunate defect?
>>
>>44472033
WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK
>>
>>44471925
Crusader was just beginning to get into Mandalorian color culture and, like any new excited fanboy, he wanted for all of his comrades to get into it as well. Phi was the one who decided to play along with Mando's little game.

Crusader was beginning his first attempts at painting armor. Let's just say his first few tries were.. eyesores in the worst of ways.

So Crusader taught Phi about the colors and asked him if he wanted any on his armor. Phi decided that he liked green, saying it represented his duty to be the best AT-TE driver in the Republic. (Yes, that was what his dream was.) Crusader painted on the dot, only his second attempt at painting.

The reason why he doesn't have more is spoiler territory.

>>44471969
Thank you, I hope to see you here in the future! Feel free to hang around and chat if you would like.
>>
>>44472156
Is Twitch the result of a bad batch?
>>
>>44471993
>>44472033
>>44472077
Big, well..

Regarding his death, Twitch in his more paranoid moments blames you, but he also blames everything in the galaxy for it. Though, oddly enough, Not the Commander.

Crusader has Big's body at the current time in the quest. No, telling you would be spoilers.

Everyone else is feeling the strain of his loss in their own ways, but it's not as if you ordered him to his death. Big does what Big does, as they used to say.

Big's problem was that he had the brawn of 5 men, but the mind of a child. He would have been the one who either stumbled into trouble, or saved you from your own. He would have been either your most loyal trooper, or the one who would result in your death. Potentially, at least.

Big was meant to be a quiet enigma different from Jackpot.

>>44472209
Nope, Twitch was born with everything in order, the perfect clone that hit all the projected attributes.

Thing is, the instructors told him this when he was growing up, so he thought he was the hottest shit in the galaxy. Well, all the clones did, but he built his entire personality around the fact that he was perfect.

Then the war hit, and, well, that line of thinking cannot fly in the face of the realities of the Clone Wars.

Feel free to ask some more questions if you would like.
>>
Out of curiosity, what are everyone's favorite walkers?
>>
>>44472466
I've always loved the aesthetic of the Separatist droid tank walkers.
>>
File: at at.jpg (280 KB, 1325x1600) Image search: [Google]
at at.jpg
280 KB, 1325x1600
>>44472466
its very obscure

you probably never saw it before now
>>
>>44472947

Those never made much sense to me, for such a large target it doesn't have a lot of heavy weapons and why make it so tall in the first place. It's not like the legs lift very high so it's not to get over obstacles
>>
File: tarkin.jpg (38 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
tarkin.jpg
38 KB, 600x450
>>44473110
Tarkin Doctrine baby

I wonder if we'll get to meet him?
>>
>>44473202

Tarkin Doctrine is what lets the Empire keep making shitty vehicles?
>>
>>44473110
Well, there is the AT-SP if you want something with more heavy weapons: http://fractalsponge.net/?p=138
>>
>>44473435
If they look tough and spooky.

How many Star Destroyers could they have built with the Death Star's budget?
>>
>>44473469
I don't know if the Empire really needed more ISDs, but I'd have liked some more Assertors, Bellators, and Mandator IIIs.
>>
>>44473467

See the AT-SP is what I always thought the AT-AT was supposed to be like. Does it have a troop compartment?
>>
>>44473526
I don't know if its been confirmed anywhere, but I think a few fan sources have said it does.
>>
>>44471862
What the fuck is Jackpot's problem/why is Jackpot worst girl?
>>
>>44473639
Narrow your question, if possible.

How do you think Jackpot thinks of you? And yes, me telling you would be spoilery. There is much beneath the surface of Jackpot.
>>
>>44473723
Why does he keep fucking running off whene-

Oh. OH.

My train of thought is way off, isn't it?
>>
Is there anyone on the team that doesn't have a problem with you?
>>
>>44473802
Hes secretly a CIS spy who is going to kill us all upon being given the first opportunity?

Hes Ventress in a very clever disguise?

He is secretly an AAT in disguise?
>>
>>44473802

Jackpot does what Jackpot wants.

He has motives that you likely will never guess, though the faintest of hints have been laid throughout, and will continue to me in the future. So, perhaps you are close to one aspect of him. Keep thinking.

>>44473885
Well, you did save Phi's life. That should probably count for something.

And Crusader did tell you a bedtime story.

Sometimes, people's issues are not necessarily with CT-42/458 specifically. Keep that in mind going forward.

>>44473892
>He is secretly an AAT in disguise?

Dammit, my plots have been foiled!
>>
>>44473942
tl;dr Jackpot is Asajj Ventress.
>>
>>44473998
clearly he's a chronic masturbator
>>
>>44474028
If that's his problem then he just needs to instigate an orgy. I'm sure Twitch and Xtreme wouldn't mind.

Okay here's my question: How do you decide when someone dies?
>>
>>44474081
Dice rolls, big apparently failed his DC badly and repeatedly, to the point where the QM couldn't physically fudge the dice rolls at all.
>>
>>44474081
>>44474098
Dice rolls are a part of it, though not the sole deciding factor.

An important thing to keep in mind is the tactical decisions you make. For example: Hulling down at the end of last thread was tactical thinking that heightens your ability to withstand, or entirely negate, enemy attacks. Charging against 12 enemy light tanks with limited mobility and no rear gunners would have put the walker in increased danger, i.e. increasing the chance you can die.

Especially if poor tactical decisions like that continued to occur. Most of those tanks may have retreated from your charge and not necessarily killed you right then, unless literally everyone rolls a nat one. And even then, you have to consider that the AT-TE is the heavy tank of the Republic's forces. It is meant to take a beating, despite how easy they may die in the show.

Short answer: The situation. Jumping into a volcano, even with all the upgrades of the AT-TE reaching tier 5 and half of all the female Jedi using their force bullshit from the interior, will result in your death and quest end. Even if you roll all the 10s. There are certain things that will lead to death if you pursue them, and they will be obvious.

Other threats may not be so obvious, and though I won't kill you out of left field over something minor, remember: Be careful, and maybe you can be lucky enough to make it through.
>>
>>44474355
I've noticed that on the TV show the AT-TEs survive however long the plot demands it, they sometimes take one missile shot and explode, or even worse one droid landing on the canopy and shooting it out. Other times they are fucking terminators capable of climbing up cliff faces.
>>
>>44474355
So why did Big die when literally everyone else survived the nuke?
>>
>>44474443
Because he tried to single handedly storm a tank and got shot in the face three times.
>>
>>44474403
My interpretation is more towards the latter, though right now things such as a defoliator or a full blown nuke will kill you all dead.

Thankfully, none of that will appear in this quest! Yet.

>>44474443
"Everyone else" except an entire two platoons of AT-RT operators, of course. I digress:

The nuke only let indirectly to Big's death. Big saw the wholesale slaughter of the scouts, the danger it posed to Jackpot and his new commander, and went into what I would call a childish rage, if the child were a fully trained soldier. He charged the tank and tries to fire a PLX-1 at pointblank range into its turret. He wasn't listening to reason.

Sadly, before he could get a shot off, the commander of the nuke AAT blew him away with his side arm. If Big hadn't critically failed his rolls, the worst I would have done to him was paralyzed him from the waist down.

Of course, he critfailed not once, but twice. I was rolling my personal d10 and was amazed by the results.

The rolls were 1, 1, 4 if anyone was curious.
>>
>>44474550
Hey observer, will there be another update tonight? Or will we have to wait until tomorrow?
>>
>>44475265
I will get it at least thought out tonight and I write it tomorrow morning, sound good? I'll start early so to make up for this early end, and so people can play before New Year's Eve celebrations occur. I may be brought into one myself, I won't know until tomorrow afternoon.

I have a question for you: What is it that you would like to do, or what you would like the character to do, in this quest?
>>
>>44475482
>I have a question for you: What is it that you would like to do, or what you would like the character to do, in this quest?

Well, the only thing any clone would do, fight For The Republic!for now, at least. Who knows what the realities of war would do to a clone's mind, let alone his loyalties?
>>
>>44475482
Well, personally, I'd like to have the most tricked out walker imaginable. I'm really looking forward to your upgrade system.
>>
>>44475482
Purge with Crusader and get some rad mods on our tank. Stay by the book at all times. I have no strong feelings about anything else.
>>
>>44475482
I'd like to see more about the force user, more AT-TE warfare, hold hands with Crusader (Phi is also acceptable), meet some non-clone Mando, and at all costs I would like to keep some stupid reveal like 458 being a latent force user out of the quest. If that does happen, you should have him become a Jensaarai rather than a Jedi or Sith. Or maybe learn Dathomiri magic.
>>
File: you_too.png (112 KB, 525x504) Image search: [Google]
you_too.png
112 KB, 525x504
>>44475629
Well of course fellow soldier, what else could there be but to fight and die for the Republic? It will be interesting to watch the choices you all make going into the future.

>>44475634
I am actually currently working on a picture to highlight the modifications aspect of the system, i.e. strapping on more weapons and whatnot. Though modifications do not open up until the hull is Tier 2.

Thanks for the faith in me!

>>44475647
Purging with Mandalorian Crusader will always be enjoyable, don't you worry. Don't you remember, he has a lightsaber!

>>44475708
The force user Crusader sliced in half? He is good and dead. You all should probably try and find Carla, she's probably super sad.

Though, there is something more going on, don't you worry.

AT-TE warfare will never stop. All power, forward deflector shie- wait, I mean cannons!

And you have my word right now, CT-42/458 is not a latent force user or anything so cliche. Other people, though..

> That spoiler, pic related.
> Note, I need more reaction images.
>>
>>44476039
>You all should probably try and find Carla

I know things are rough now Carla but all your problems can be answered by my cock
>>
>>44476039
speaking of Carla, do we know what happened to her after the fight?
>>
>>44476619
CT-42/458 doesn't actually know where she went after the walker and the Saber tank arrived at base. As soon as he reached the inner gate of the base, he was carted off by Kenobi for a debrief. That's also why he didn't know the base's arrangement.
>>
>>44476039
>highlight the modifications aspect of the system
Will these include more awful customizations from that one guy with paint?
>>
>>44476039
>Other people, though..
Like I said before, Jensaarai or Dathomiri magic pls. Everybody uses Jedi/Sith
>>
>>44477545
No, it will just show where modifications can be added to the AT-TE, and what size the modifications can be.
>>
>>44476039
>Carla
so whats the deal with her red lightsaber
>>
>>44477575
As far as uncommon force orders go, I discovered the Blackguards while doing research for an RPG, and they seem pretty interesting to me.
>>
>>44477715
No lightsaber, she just has very thick, vibrant red hair that the MC has never seen before that always gets his attention.
>>
>>44477813

Carla brings something back down. You see a red beam shoot out. She's trying to take your le-!

The straps hold you down as you try to lunge for her. Moving makes you lose your breath as pain electrifies your nerves. You see the red beam saw through the steel pole, you hear the energy shear through the metal.

A click is heard, the pole topples over to the side and clammors to the ground.

so that's just some kind of laser saw then? Laser saws are super cool, I remember watching that Dead Space anime movie and getting pretty excited about their laser chainsaws
>>
>>44477885
Yep, laser saw. All CT-42/458 saw was the red beam though, and pole in his leg. Shock's a thing, yo.
>>
>>44477948
On the topic of limb-lopping lasers, any particular reason we don't borrow the force user's lightsaber from Crusader and show it to General Kenobi?

Captain Doubles didn't deserve to get cut down by a traitor, and our brief tenure under his command warrants that we at least show the good General the only proof we have of his killer's existence. Otherwise Kenobi goes on thinking that the jedi/sith that we shat our armor over was nothing more than a battle-fervor induced hallucination.

Maybe we can get some insight on who this guy was before we comfort Carla?We also don't know how deep this turncoat issue goes.
>>
Bumpity Bump
>>
File: curiouscat.jpg (41 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
curiouscat.jpg
41 KB, 640x640
When did you learn that cats in star wars are better than anyone else in star wars?
>>
Prove to me that the star wars people are better than the star wars cats, pro tip you can't.
>>
File: YOU KILLED MY MATE CRATO.jpg (27 KB, 224x345) Image search: [Google]
YOU KILLED MY MATE CRATO.jpg
27 KB, 224x345
>>44483846
>>44483866
Tales of the Jedi
>>
>>44483881
Get the fuck out.
>>
File: pure sabacc.png (172 KB, 277x292) Image search: [Google]
pure sabacc.png
172 KB, 277x292
>>44483933
>dubs
guess I have to now
>>
File: makashi.gif (4 MB, 306x229) Image search: [Google]
makashi.gif
4 MB, 306x229
>>
Bump of great justice
>>
Thank you everyone who has been so patient, I am sorry to say that I will not be able to write today. Family want to have a New Year's Eve party with me, and it's starting in a couple hours.

I may archive this thread, or I may simply repost all the content in a new thread. I'm not sure.

Next thread will be in the new year, obviously.
>>
>>44487827
Bugger, better luck next time, ObserverBro. See you in the new year!
>>
>>44487827
Thank you for hosting such an excellent quest. I got here today and I just caught up. See you next year
>>
>>44487827
I hope you have an excellent time at your party, and look forward to a new thread in the new year.
>>
File: AT-TE Modifications Chart.jpg (222 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
AT-TE Modifications Chart.jpg
222 KB, 1131x707
>>44478760
I would suggest you remember to look into this next thread.

Also, for anyone still around: Here's the modifications picture I was working on last night. Blue represents Small modification slots, which can hold up to 1 Medium modification, two Small Modifications, or 4 Tiny modifications. The red sections are Medium modification slots, which can hold 1 Large modification, 2 Medium modifications, 4 Small, or 8 Tiny ones.

When considering what consists each level of modification, keep in mind the physical size of what you want to add on.

Multiple slots can be used in tangent with others, i.e. if you wanted to place anti air missile launchers beside the rear guns, they would be considered Extra Large and thus require the usage of free slots on the hull of the AT-TE that add up to 2 Large modification slots.

I will be sure to reexplain this come next thread.

>>44487897
>>44488293
>>44489518
Thank you so much! I look forward to running again soon.
>>
Bump, because I can.

Also, happy new year.
>>
why does nobody want the lightsaber off that dead jedi? we could use it as a secondary weapon also anti-boarding spikes
>>
>>44493162
Ya know, I bet we could make anti boarding spikes with vibro blades, provided we got our hands on enough of them.
>>
Happy new year
>>
>>44496142
It's 22:42 12/31/2015 here
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.