[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Giants General: Monster Manual in Space Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 49
File: 90079.jpg (127 KB, 400x359) Image search: [Google]
90079.jpg
127 KB, 400x359
Picking up some from >>44377673

Where we last left off, anon's were bandying the idea of adapting the stock D&D giants for a sci fi setting.

Most concrete example so far is cloud giants taking to venus-like worlds or gas giants, living in aerostats and generally being stuck up cosmic sages.

Also: Proper use of giants in setting building and in game. Thematic and logistical discussions. And I'll put money on more fetish fuel than you can shake a stick at.
>>
A quick recap of some of the other quick ideas.

>Fire Giants
Live on lava planets where few others can and refine metals to obsessive quality in emulation of spiritual purity.

>Frost giants
Take advantage of being able to run lifesupport at subzero temperatures to sneak up on and loot unsuspecting freighters

>Stone giants
Nearly bulletproof, and pride themselves as some of the galaxies go too 'defense contractors'

>Hill Giants
Someone else's bumbling attempt at creating giant-scale labor and soldierly they didn't have to actually pay.

>Storm giants
One of the most individually powerful species in the galaxy, and do they ever know it. Either demeaningly protective 'guardians' or just downright egotistical, as a stereotype.
>>
>>44430320
Did any anons think up what kind of fleet-presence these guys have, or are these meant to be more like indigenous peoplse you can find throughout the galaxy?

I can only imagine what kind of ships Storm Giants would command.
>>
>>44430356
Mostly that their fighters would be sitting ducks if they were of comparable size to our sized fighters.
>>
>>44430356
The anon who originally requested the idea didn't really specify that. Though these are all definitely a very soft sci-fi sorta thing.

Fleets and stuff haven't really been discussed but it's definitely a topic ripe for exploration.

>>44430426
If the setting is soft enough I wouldn't fret over stuff like that. Even if it's not, they can always just slap some turrets on there. I could definitely see giant fightercraft having heavy shielding and turrets bought from smaller races. So basically a corvette or frigate with a crew of one.
>>
>>44430478
Covered that too. The problem is maneuvering speed. You could strap magnetic drones full of explosives and send them out in swarms. They'd perpetually harass the bigger slower fighters being aided aid by the magnets. And EMPs would just leave corpses of still explosive magnetic drones as a minefield while shield your own ship with more weight for emp shielding would slow you down making you even more vulnerable. size is a hinderance in almost everything unless intensely overwhelming in size. On land a 50ft giant is just a big target for tanks and AV weapons. Even "small" 12ft giants are just bigger targets for larger caliber ballistics.
>>
>>44430677
As pointed out, we're really on soft to soluble sci-fi here. I mean, we're talking a bout putting D&D giants in space. As you've pointed out, real-world considerations make putting giants in a hard sci-fi setting as anything but a curiosity stupid, so it's not really territory worth retreading.
>>
The last round of these threads inspired me to do some writefagging. It's not complete, but I can storytime the first part if you guys want.
>>
>>44430888
100% onboard with that. Always curious to see what fellow writefags come up with on the topic.

I've got a few ideas kicking around myself, but I'm mostly just leaning in here during breaks in housework and such, and haven't been able to really get into gear with it.
>>
>>44430941
It's not exactly related to THIS thread, because it's shrinking (in a fantasy setting), but still size stuff nonetheless.
>>
>>44431118
All works. A lot of the same themes and ideas apply, so feel free.
>>
>>44431152
'Ere we go then.

“So I'm going to drink this,” he swirled a vial of fluorescent liquid in his hand, “and it's going to shrink me to the size of a bug.”
“Correct.”
“Then you're going to eat me.”
“Mhmm.”
“You know, if you wanted to get rid of me, you could still send me back to the orphanage. I can pass for sixteen when I shave,” he replied plainly, but his face betrayed some amusement at Valeria's latest request.
“Garren, you know it's not like that. This is serious, it's an experiment,” she responded sternly, “And besides, when have I ever put you in actual danger?”
“Well, there was the one time with the owlbear-”
“Don't be silly, I had that totally under control.” She quashed that line of conversation. “Now are you ready to do this or not?”
Garren pursed his lips to respond, then sighed. She was right: he was pretty well taken care of for a sorceress' apprentice and adopted son. It was certainly better than the orphanage, or a prison cell. Sometimes, though, he felt that “son” or even “apprentice” were too familiar, and “test subject” was a more appropriate title.
Valeria took Garren's mute response as an agreement, and swept a long strand of auburn hair behind her ear as she gave him his next order. “Go undress while I pack up your gear. Then I'll explain what you'll be doing in my stomach.”
>>
File: 1402573945496.jpg (132 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1402573945496.jpg
132 KB, 640x800
>tfw your giant robots just aren't giant enough
>>
>>44431284
Garren marched off to his room, down the hall from Valeria's study, and began to take off his shirt. Just when I thought I'd done it all, she wants to eat me. I thought magic was for making sure you don't get eaten, Garren pondered. He lay his folded clothes, a woolen tunic and trousers, on the bed, and looked at his reflection in the mirror. The reflection looked back; blue eyes framed by unkempt brown hair and short stubble on a youthful face. His body was slim and wiry, grown to its full extent but not yet filled out. Damn right I could pass for sixteen, he thought. A feminine voice intruded on his self-inspection. “Garren, I'm waiting.”
“Just a moment Val,” he replied down the hall.
Turning away from the mirror, Garren appraised his room as he gathered himself to return to the study. Originally the guest room of the house, it was now furnished with his bed, a dresser, a fireplace, and a desk for him to study at. Plain, but cozy, like all the rooms in Valeria's chalet home, nestled in the mountains on the outskirts of the capitol. No amount of standing in here is going to make me feel less nervous, Garren concluded. He shook a anxious shiver out of his body, and crept back toward the study.
>>
>>44431380
As Valeria watched Garren leave the study, she sighed, a deep sigh of apprehension and worry. She set to packing Garren's tiny backpack – nothing more than a shrunken bag of holding with attached straps – and quickly lost herself in thought.
Valeria had always worried about her experiments, but lately she noticed that she also worried about Garren. His off-hand comment about the orphanage had struck a chord with her, because when she first adopted him, that's all he was. A test subject and a servant. Disposable. It took time for their peculiar relationship to form, time that she regretted. I shouldn't force him to do this, she thought, but it's important work. By gathering stomach and intestinal samples Valeria hoped to prove that the tiny disease-causing animalcules in human waste were also present in the human digestive tract, and not caused by bad humors in the air or some other nonsense. Those fools at the Royal College cost lives with their ignorance. The mere idea of it angered her, and she quickly dropped the train of thought before she had time to brood. As she put tied the final straps on the backpack, she noticed that Garren still hadn't returned and called out to him down the hall. His reply came swiftly, but still she waited, taking the time to review her notes on the experiment.
>>
>>44431421
Garren reentered the study sheepishly, hands covering his crotch. It was times like these he was reminded that Valeria, while technically his adopted mother, was also incredibly voluptuous and beautiful, and barely looked ten years older than him. The fact she was actually forty-three was a well guarded secret, betrayed only by the weight she had gained recently.
“No need to cover up around me, dear, it's nothing I haven't seen before.” Valeria remarked as she peered at him out of the corner of her eye, her attention focused on a huge notebook cradled in her arms. Garren squashed his pride and stood with his arms at his side, as relaxed as he could. The cold air nipped at his skin as he stood waiting for Valeria to address him again; his momentary burst of confidence evaporated. Finally finished scribbling notes in the margins of her research journal, Valeria slapped the tome shut and turned to Garren. He was now staring at the floor, arms crossed over his chest, shivering slightly. The sight almost melted her heart, and she resisted the urge to just give him a big warm hug and call the whole thing off. She had to be serious. “Garren, honey. Look at me.” He snapped up to attention, startled.
“Yes, Mistress Val-”
“I won't make you do this if it really scares you.” Valeria spoke softly, a look of concern on her face.
Garren laughed nervously, then cracked a grin. “I'm not scared, just a bit nervous is all. You've never done an experiment that relied so much on me before. I don't want to mess it up.” He didn't lie, but it was a partial truth. A nervous excitement that defied reason surged through him, not without a hint of fear. His words seemed to reassure Valeria, and she returned to her stern, business-like demeanor.
>>
>>44431451
“Listen carefully then. Inside the shrunken bag of holding I will give you is a number of enchanted jars for preserving specimens. Take a sample of the bile and the mucous on the linings of the stomach, small intestine, and large intestine. Any time you enter a new chamber of my digestive tract, really.
“There are also two primitive sensory stones. If you see anything interesting, take a good look at it and bind the memory to a stone while it's still fresh.
“It's going to be tight and dark in there, but you don't have to worry about breathing, or seeing, or acid; the potion will take care of that. If you happen to lose the bag, make sure it's closed. Any questions?”
“How long will I be inside you?”
“I don't know exactly, but it will be the better part of a day before I see you on the other end.”
“That's lovely.”
“Science is dirty sometimes, sweetie.”
With that Valeria turned from Garren, walking to the lab table where she had left the potion. She gracefully snatched it up in a soft, manicured hand, and examined it herself. “This one took three weeks to design, and the ingredients were not cheap.” she remarked.
Garren replied, “I would hope so. Otherwise everyone would have shrinking potions.” He moved over to the table and she handed him the potion.
“After you drink it, go stand in the center of the room.” Valeria instructed, “I don't want to lose sight of you when you're tiny.”
Garren pulled the stopper out of the vial and set it on the table. He took a deep breath, gathered himself, cleared his mind, and then quaffed the potion as quick as he could. It burned his throat, its flavor – cheap distilled liquor – was familiar. It was how all potions tasted, like their alcoholic base ingredient. He coughed a few times, clearing the strong flavor off his palette, and a shiver ran through him.
“At least I haven't given you a taste for alcohol yet.” Valeria commented on his reaction with amusement.
>>
>>44430191
>general
This is a fetish thing, isn't it?
>>
>>44430191
>adapting the stock D&D giants for a sci fi setting.
Literally Macross
>>
>>44431509
“Nope.” Garren responded, before he moved out into center of the room, and sat down cross-legged. He closed his eyes. Now we wait, he thought.
It didn't take long. Garren felt nauseous, as if the universe had begun a crooked orbit around him. He shut his eyes tighter as he felt a drop of cold sweat run down his neck. Here it comes. The feeling was immediate. Numbness and pain washed over his skin in alternating waves. He gasped from the shock, but didn't have time to cry out in pain before it stopped. A final rush of disorientation hit him and he rolled forward onto all fours, eyes opened to stare at the floor. As the nausea faded, he heard and felt something moving towards him. He knew what it was, but couldn't bring himself to look. He felt a rush of air as Valeria knelt down near him, covering him in her shadow.
“Garren, dear, do you feel alright? That looked uncomfortable.” she spoke barely above a whisper, but Garren found her voice booming, even if not uncomfortably loud. It was all-encompassing, like the voice of a divine power.
“I'm... I'm fine now.” he replied weakly, and brought his head up to stare straight ahead. The bottom of Valeria's tight-fitting robe had pooled on the ground. It rose like a deep green wall into the heavens. Garren finally stood, slowly but with assurance, and looked up, up, up to meet Valeria's gaze. She was immense, far large than he imagined, or could have imagined. That this being he had stood next to minutes before now dominated his entire field of view, like a living mountain, left him frozen in awe for a moment. Her hand, a great pale beast nearly twice his size, extended toward him, slowly and carefully. It came to rest a few feet away, palm up.
>>
>>44431563
“Climb on, your bag is up on the table.” Valeria said with measured softness.
Garren hopped up onto the surface of Valeria's hand, and came to sit in the center. When she saw he was seated, she cupped her palm around him and brought him slowly upwards. The acceleration was noticeable, but not as strong as Garren expected. Being this gentle takes a lot of care, Garren realized, I was foolish not to trust her. Valeria brought her hand up to her face as she walked, cupping her other hand beside it protectively.
Gazing down at Garren's tiny form curled in her hand, Valeria could not help but have a bit of fun with him. “You were adorable before, but this is just too much.” she whispered to Garren, her turquoise eyes twinkling with mischief. “I might have to gobble you up.”
Garren rolled his eyes and replied, “Don't start, you'll make me more nauseous than the potion did.”
Valeria smirked, and ruffled Garren's hair ever-so-gently with the tip of her finger. “Whatever you say, cutie.”
Then she brought her right hand away, to retrieve the bag of holding from the table. Garren straightened his hair, rising to stand unsteadily in her left hand. He wasn't quite used to standing on another person's skin yet, but Valeria cocked up her thumb for him to steady himself with, which he gladly accepted. Her right hand came back into view, this time with Valeria's bag of holding-turned-backpack hanging beneath it, some of its many straps wrapped around her pinky finger. Garren took it from her hand, and began to don it, fixing it securely around his shoulders and waist. The straps were soft leather, but still rubbed at his bare skin. At least I won't feel that when I'm covered in saliva, he thought.

I just realized
>no italics on 4chan
Sorry guys. Hope the inner monologues aren't confusing.
>>
>>44431621
The formatting in general is so bad I've just been glossing over your posts
>>
>>44431621
Now he just stood on her hand, still balancing with her thumb, and gazed into the great blue-green pools before him. Valeria's eyes. At this size, they were mesmerizing. The immense orbs scrutinized his tiny form, seemingly beneath their notice, with rapturous attention.
“You don't look like much of a spelunker.” Valeria teased.
“And you're a lot prettier than any cave I've ever seen.” Garren fired back.
“Aww, thanks honey.” she replied sarcastically, smiling openly. “Now close your eyes. It will make this easier.”
Garren did as he was told, waiting on edge for the abrupt fall as she dropped him into her mouth. Instead he was met with wet, pillowy softness across his entire face and torso. It felt divine, and he leaned into the warmth as a gentle suction pulled on him. The sweet aroma of Valeria's breath was overpowering, washing over Garren.
“Mwah.” Valeria pulled away from the kiss, grinning mischievously. Garren still had his eyes closed, a serene expression on his face. When he opened his eyes and looked up at Valeria, he realized what exactly had happened, and blushed a deep crimson. “Did you enjoy that?”
“I... uh...” Garren fumbled.
“I'll take that as a yes.”
Valeria reached down to the table and brought up a glass of water. She took a small sip to wet her throat, then spoke again. “My potion didn't shrink you quite as much as I wanted, and that will make you harder to swallow.” She swirled the glass of water, then continued. “I'm going to swallow you feet-first with my head tilted up and a gulp of water. Try not to struggle around in my mouth too much, Ok? I don't want to choke and have to teleport you out of my throat.”
Garren's face had returned to its natural pale hue, and he focused intently on her instructions. “Sounds like a plan to me,” he replied.
>>
>>44431621
It's nice so far, though you may want to pastebin it and link it next time, would let you post it quicker
>>
>>44431694
“Then lets begin.” said Valeria. She lifted Garren up to her mouth, opening it wide. Thick strands of saliva snapped away as the maw widened to fill his view; a living, breathing tunnel to uncharted depths. He began to wonder if his assessment that Valeria was too pretty to be a cave was premature. Her tongue snaked out to greet him, the pink muscle's movement unnaturally smooth. The hand he rested on moved closer and tilted, until his feet lay on the tip of her tongue. He could feel the warmth radiating through the bumpy skin, yet the saliva that lapped up his ankles was cool. Garren found he was paralyzed, not in fear but in awe, gazing into the darkness that would be his destination.
As Valeria continued to tilt her hand up, Garren began to slide onto her tongue, slowly at first, then faster. Suddenly he fell all at once into her mouth. He fidgeted in muted anxiety and excitement, but did not flail, did not cry out. He expected to be pulled down her throat, but she caught him roughly between her tongue and palette. It was a reflex; he was too big to swallow easily. Her tongue forced him forward in her mouth, coating him head to toe in her sticky saliva. It matted down his hair and got in his nose and mouth. He was about to panic at the claustrophobic treatment, when he suddenly remembered that he did not need to breathe, and he calmed. I'm just going to ride this out, he thought, A little bit of discomfort.

>>44431688
I probably should have just posted the pdf, but it's too late now.
>>
>>44431694
>“And you're a lot prettier than any cave I've ever seen.” Garren fired back.
>>44431780
>He began to wonder if his assessment that Valeria was too pretty to be a cave was premature.
Minor error here, he didn't say she wasn't a cave, just jokingly called her the prettiest one
>>
>>44431780
>PDF
I'd still appreciate that honestly, for ease of reading, coming back late as I am.
>>
File: sorceress_apprentice_writefag.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
sorceress_apprentice_writefag.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44431780
I actually tried to format that last post.
It didnt work.

So you guys can have this:

http://pastebin.com/HQi6F94L

and the pdf

It should be a lot cleaner.
Thanks for reading.
>>
>>44431708
Also it would stop killing the thread. Nobody can discuss anything through these obnoxious walls of text.
>>
>>44431976
Gonna have to agree with the others, don't post your fic directly in thread if it's longer than a post or two, link it instead

It's good otherwise

>>44432122
Well it looks like it's over at least
>>
>>44431976
Was pretty enjoyable so far, all in all.
>>
>>44431976
Good stuff.
>>
>>44430320
So, ships/cities, what sorts do you think each type of giant would build in a scifi setting?
>>
>>44433826
For the cloud giants cities, I'd pictured them mostly living in individual aerostats, or larger ones for families. In general a 'city' is just a bunch of these parked together in a temporary arrangement. I imagine their ships being some of the more showy and expensive, much like anything with them.

Storm giants I figure stick to 'smaller' ships, relatively, since they're rarely going to stay grouped together. Entirely possible most of these double as habitation and permanent settlements are a little rarer. Where they do exist, I imagine their towns or cities to be big deals, seeing as even one storm giant is pretty powerful.

Frost giants I imagine have a thing for function over form in exterior appearances. The inside of a ship or building might be stark and uninviting, but they're cozy and well adorned inside. Since their big ship thing is stealth, I'm seeing armament over defense, angry looking angular ships meant to jump out and ruin things, then leave in a hurry with loot.

Forest giant ships I imagine are just speed to the max, designed as hunter/couriers. Cramped and small, with little room for amenities leftover after all the engines. prefer their cities to blend in with the local environment, and might be a bit hard to spot visually from orbit during the day.
>>
>>44434076
Do you want to try and flesh out the cultures of the different giant races, or try and figure out how they would fit into a larger setting?

Also, Sci-fi is a very broad genre; it would be good to know what kind of Sci-fi setting you see these giants in. Is it space fantasy? Or something harder?

>>44432290
>>44432618
>>44433212
Thanks for the feedback, and sorry I made a mess of the thread.

I have the rest of the story planned out, when I finish it I'll post it in the next relevant thread.

I think in the last thread somebody mentioned Legacyverse, so I was wondering if any of you are familiar with The Titan Empire series that started on Giantess World and then got its own site.
>>
>>44435217
>Do you want to try and flesh out the cultures of the different giant races, or try and figure out how they would fit into a larger setting?
I think fleshing out the cultures, so you can plug them into a preexisting setting

>Also, Sci-fi is a very broad genre; it would be good to know what kind of Sci-fi setting you see these giants in. Is it space fantasy? Or something harder?
I think soft scifi/space fantasy is what we're going for, or at least what I would
>>
So you want to move on up in society, and you'd gotten yourself a Knighthood with a pretty prestigious order. The trouble is, you were wounded at the apex of the last war, and won't likely be fighting again any time soon. If you want to be more than just a noble soldier, you're going to have to marry upward. You learn that a down on their luck family of noble giants wants to marry their daughter, and she's very cute, but there's just one problem. Giants have some very weird customs that make you wary about such a pairing.

My question to you /tg/: What are these customs, and how do you find a way to overcome them?
>>
>>44435447
>What are these customs, and how do you find a way to overcome them?
If they involve spelunking, femdom, or males being the submissive gender I accept it as is

If they involve vore I buy a ring of acid resistance, sustenance/preventing suffocation, and teleportaion 1/day
>>
>>44435447
>as a show of bonding, married couples are always expected to share to same bed. Sleeping apart is tantamount to adultery.
>similarly, married couples eat from the same large plate whenever they eat together.

Considering I have debilitating wounds and would be unlikely to escape being accidentally smothered or eaten, I make it very, very clear to my new wife that humans are fragile and she should be extra careful and observant whenever they are near. It hurts my knightly pride to admit to such weakness, but it is the only way. If she's not a complete ditz, I think I'll live to a ripe old age.
>>
>>44435447
Perhaps semi-related but I played in a game with a romance between a player human and player giant. Rather than customs specific to their races though, it was more in line with the customs of the cultures they each hailed from. In part because of the massive size difference (these giants were around 80-120 feet tall), the giantess tended a little more towards the human side of it, since there was no way the guy was going to be able to perform appropriate customs that a male giant would have been able to.
>>
>>44436122
>unlikely to escape being accidentally smothered or eaten
Buy a magic item to make you immune to suffocation, that way if she rolls over in her sleep you won't get smothered by her tits or ass, throw in some acid resistance if you don't mind getting nommed
>>
File: 5392c89e60f45.png (56 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
5392c89e60f45.png
56 KB, 512x512
>mfw the little people are having another thread about us.
>>
>>44436129
And said customs were?
>>
>>44435217
I'd like to yes. Unfortunately my night seems a little shot, so I'm not super available to do so at the moment. It'd definitely make for a good ongoing project though, if anyone's interested.
>>
>>44437595
The giantess's culture was basically NotVikings so a guy would be expected to present her with some gifts of things slain in combat as well as some loot gotten in raids, and proof he could support her usually either by owning a boat or house. The human's culture was sort of Medieval NotSparta, so he was supposed to establish himself as a respected warrior and defeat someone of similar renown in nonlethal combat. After that a whole bunch of the usual Medieval style courting.

They met each other halfway, with him presenting a bunch of hunted things and gathering all his funds to construct a boat big enough for her, and her accepting his traditional courtship style. Mostly it was a political marriage but they got on pretty well, apart from the mind bogging complication of intimacy and child bearing.
>>
Well this thread is dead, and I'm going to sleep, hopefully someone will at least post some giantess pics before it dies
>>
What about with different creatures? How would 12ft tall bug people run their world? What about about big kobolds?
>>
>>44440478
>What about about big kobolds?
Those are dragons anon
>>
>>44440524
I'm pretty sure Dragons would roast you for that implication
>>
File: 1450455330010.png (478 KB, 1280x952) Image search: [Google]
1450455330010.png
478 KB, 1280x952
It would also be interesting to see how Humans deal with so many Giants in the cosmos.
>>
File: 1438772731424.jpg (374 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
1438772731424.jpg
374 KB, 849x1200
>>
File: isopods_doritos.jpg (33 KB, 600x347) Image search: [Google]
isopods_doritos.jpg
33 KB, 600x347
>>44440478
A look at bird species shows that animals can be intelligent even with very small brains, so what if the majority of spacefaring species are 1-2ft bug people and humans are seen as this weird race of soft-skinned giants?
>>
>>44441772
>You will never have a giant cyborg spaceship waifu
>>
File: 1451174812901.jpg (911 KB, 1400x1350) Image search: [Google]
1451174812901.jpg
911 KB, 1400x1350
Anon requested writefaggotry concerning pic related and how that situation came about last thread. Took me some time to get my shit together, but actually going to get some work done on it today.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qEMccWbQFYxI3g0blpMjdpecLW_fYTK-XZYeOtQWVYw/edit#
>>
>>44443156
Too short for a real opinion, but what little there is looks good
>>
>>44443487
Much obliged. Will continue hammering at it throughout the day. Figure I'll try and put a few thousand words into the scenario pictured before stepping off to broaden the background a little.
>>
>>44443156
Anon, I am honoured that my comments inadvertently spawned writefaggotry. It's looking good thus far.
>>
>>44444000
Glad you're liking it so far. After the immediate scene I'm not sure entirely where to go with it, so further suggestions very welcome.
>>
File: hikkosi.jpg (297 KB, 891x1009) Image search: [Google]
hikkosi.jpg
297 KB, 891x1009
I think that suitably wraps up the first scene. Any requests on where the plot or PoV goes?
>>
>>44444378
Pov of the Mage who made contact perhaps?
And I'm assuming if illusions could mask a lake, they could be used to mask her? To prevent her rediscovery and rescue?
>>
>>44444201
The inhabitants use a geas to force her into helping them fight back?
>>
>>44444462
Both make sense!

>>44444469
Especially combined with such.

So PoV of the mage as they make preparations to hide her until they can put together a strong enough geas spell. Will return to work on it after a break for lunch and such.
>>
>>44444469
...fantasy evangelion?
>>
>>44444469
>>44444940
Requiring the Mage to remain in proximity definitely sounds like something that would work from a narrative perspective.
>>
>>44445546
Was my thought as well yes. Figure Dryden, as the negotiator, is going to get roped into being the locus of the Geas and stuck following her around, despite his wishes in the matter.
>>
>>44444940
Even with one giant elf, they would have to avoid directly fighting the rest. Probably the best strategy would be to sneak an army back into the elves' base in order to sabotage the main force.
>>
>>44445593
It's not going to be fun for him if and when she breaks/finds a way around the geass.
>>44445676
Wouldn't that depend how many there are? And whether they are acting in groups or not? If they are few in number and acting individually, a turncoat could cause utter havoc. It won't be immediately obvious that she's geassed after all, and as such she could quite easily get the jump on other invaders.
>>
>>44445769
Nuuu it is not. Debating how and when that might happen.

I don't believe there are many. They're acting somewhat as a group, but this is still scouting party/getting bearings kinda stuff.
>>
>>44445992
Miscalculation of the strength of the geass needed, resulting in it running out sooner than expected?
Magical backlash from the portals?
>>
>>44446091
Possible. I was thinking something more dramatic, like him having to order her to kill someone important to her. Perhaps a combination of that and the geass itself just not being strong enough for the task at hand.
>>
>>44445992
I imagine the tiny people would also want to scout the other side of the portal, and even a large airship could easily go unseen inside giant buildings. If the Adroit is small enough, they might try to hide it in her armor and release it on the other side.
>>
>>44446173
That definitely works, and serves to change the situation from one of amusement, to one where she actually has something significant to lose, for aviel.
>>44446506
"Trojan Elf"
>>
>>44446506
Definitely something I had planned. Not sure about fitting a whole ship into her armor. I hadn't thought them that big, but then again, I'm very easily tempted to increase character sizes. I pegged her for like 1,200' as is. Opinions?

>>44446639
That was part of it yes. If there are no real stakes for any of the elves in this, it's going to be boring as hell.

Sorry for delays, getting a smidge busy. Will definitely be back to work on it in the evening (US East) though.
>>
>>44446735
Personally, I think the current size works, any larger and interactions between the Mage and elf become even more awkward.
>>
>>44446735
At that size, a 100 foot ship would seem to be 5-6 inches long. If she's wearing realistic armor, there would be a little extra space around the center of the chest where it could squeeze in.
>>
>>
File: eberron_airship_by_meloncov.jpg (84 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
eberron_airship_by_meloncov.jpg
84 KB, 600x375
>>44447042
Fair. Might just go for that. Delightfully awkward for all parties. So long as it doesn't set her clothes on fire, I suppose. And yes realistic armor, that's one of my pet peeves. maybe a little showy and stylized, but at least within the realm of solid disbelief suspendability)

>>44447022
Agreed. Thank you for being the voice of reason I needed. Besides, Enlarge Person is a first level spell if we want things to get even stupider down the road.
>>
>>44443156
Assuming the scale matches the picture I think you've actually overpowered her a bit. For example as someone who's actually tried to inhale insects don't ask, I was a WEIRD child it's no where near that easy.
>>
>>44444378
Enter through ear use biomancer to dude with brain use as a living mech.
>>
>>44447272
Fair, I very likely did. on a hunch I think it'd be a bit different at this scale than with actual insects, but I'm certainly no physicist. Incredibly likely I won't do that again.
>>
>>44445676
Obviously they need to use the first giant elf to start capturing other giant elves so that they can start building their grass army. Alternatively use her to capture a high enough ranking target to force negotiations.
>>
>>44447337
You are right about the scale affecting things. At this size, things are far less durable for the smaller party than for the equivalent example at the smaller global size.
>>
I want to write something.

What should I write.

Scifi preferred, but I like fantasy too.

To stay on topic, have dumb picture.
>>
>>44447568
Giant and a human soldier, either either gender, both injured and both on the same side, hiding out after a battle their side lost.
>>
>>44447568
Going by thread original topic, could combine the two and do some D&D giants in space stuff.

Alternatively in sci-fi, first contact doesn't realize the aliens they called were huge, and humans in mechs alongside and/orvs giants are both pretty tried and true topics.

>>44447610
Or I can second that. Works too.
>>
>>44447568
An anon posited a scenario where two civilisations got in contact with another before meeting in person. After a period of communication between said civs they finally meet in person, where it turns out that no one bothered to check the scale of things. And it turns out that the size difference is rather pronounced.
>>
>>44447610
This sounds good. Though they don't necessarily have to be on the same side. Allies from adversity and all that.
>>
>>44447343
It would be quite funny if the giants got counter invaded and conquered by the locals.
>>
>>44447694
Unfortunately, the size difference would make it incredibly untenable on a long term basis. Infestation/guerilla warfare is about the best they could manage.
>>
File: 1433456264085.jpg (91 KB, 900x1274) Image search: [Google]
1433456264085.jpg
91 KB, 900x1274
>>44447610
I rather like this one.

Someone suggest genders. Two bros? romance?

????

also, another stupid picture.

also also, what should be the size difference?
>>
>>44447568
Something something giant cyborg spaceship waifu
>>
>>44447758
>>
>>44447758
F/f or maybe M/f for a change?

That pictured could work. Depends on the dynamic you want I suppose.

Also, if you want heading #2 in my doc instead of starting a new thing somewhere else, can do.
>>
>>44447758
>Someone suggest genders. Two bros? romance?
Giantess X guy or giantess X girl

>also also, what should be the size difference?
You pic is a pretty good size
>>
>>44447758
F/m?
>>
>>44447758
Giant genderless monster x genderless human sized automaton made to fight the monsters
>>
File: Tsumugi.jpg (488 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tsumugi.jpg
488 KB, 1920x1080
>>44447805
>space explorer guy investigates abandoned alien bioship
>accidentally wakes her from hibernation
>bioship is understandably confused as to why she's woken up after ten thousand years, why there's an alien ship in her docking bay, and for that matter what the alien thinks he's doing on her bridge
>>
A girl from Giant High makes the trip across town to confess to you in the middle of class. How do you turn her down without causing a scene?
>>
>>44448079
Shoot her in the fucking eye with a dragonator and then harvest her for parts.
>>
>>44448079
Judging front that picture, a scene has already been caused anon. What we need now is damage control. And to work out the emotional/mental state of the giant.
>>
>>44430320

>ability to run lifesupport at subzero temperatures

This would only matter in the far orbits of solar systems, or in the spaces between them.

>>http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2001/ast21mar_1/

>>http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/lifesupport.php

The problem for most spacecraft is that the sunward side gets hit with so much intensity that it raises the internal temperatures. Plus, without radiators, even the inside of a properly insulated spacecraft would become unbearably hot just from the accumulated heat of the crew.

It would actually take more energy for the most part to do what you're suggesting, and the reason for that is that the Frost Giants would NEED to insulate their ships against solar radiation and heat, and that same insulation will trap heat inside the space craft.

Without knowing what a Frost Giant's body temperature normally is, and how much heat they generate (despite their immunity to cold, they still have a metabolism of some sort), it's impossible to go into further detail.

Just for those curious on what happens to unshielded humans in space:

>>http://www.space.com/30066-what-happens-to-unprotected-body-in-outer-space.html
>>
File: 1431056912128.jpg (225 KB, 707x610) Image search: [Google]
1431056912128.jpg
225 KB, 707x610
>>44448349
Technically true, but we left the realm of hard scifi some time ago.
>>
>>44434076

>Stealth

Ah. Space fantasy.
>>
>>44448406
There really needs to be a macross series that focuses more on the zentradi and their integrating into the spacey.

Also more macronised meltran/human interactions
>>
>>44448471

Yes.
>>
>>44448349
>they still have a metabolism of some sort
Whats the source on this?

Do giants have to eat, and I mean do they need organic sustenance like plants, fruits, meat, etc. or can they thrive on elemental/magic energy? if needing outside energy at all.

Why would a living glacier have metabolism?
>>
File: 1450465396884.png (208 KB, 500x809) Image search: [Google]
1450465396884.png
208 KB, 500x809
>>44448406

In that case, have a cyclops. Giants who once made the armaments of the gods. I can imagine in such a space fantasy setting that they are the premier weapons and armor manufacturers, putting even the space dwarves and their mithril doors to shame.
>>
File: 1282551745181.jpg (344 KB, 1024x1638) Image search: [Google]
1282551745181.jpg
344 KB, 1024x1638
>>44448537

They do eat meat (such as whales) and such in D&D. I was basing my assumptions off of that, as the thread is clearly also doing so. However, since it's all space fantasy, we can simply ignore my post.

Pic not related. I have something of a lack of giants in my folders.
>>
>>44447568

Regarding what to write about, I think >>44447610 is pretty much in line with what I'd be looking to see. For size difference, definitely >>44447819

Probably a safe bet to go with F/m or F/f in terms of gender, if they're going to be distinctly either female or male too.
>>
>>44448537

Even if they don't need to eat in the same sense that you and I do, the functions of their bodies still presumably require energy. Maybe they eat rocks, or radioactive material, or some other such thing... that is, assuming you want to get far from the standard of 'they eat regular people foods, but lots of it'.
>>
>The mayor hires a giantess on as a maid to clean the city.
>>
>>44440785

>SWAT CATS/Macross crossover

muh dick
>>
>>44450509
Best embezzlement of city funds ever
>>
File: Klan Klan - 19.jpg (176 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Klan Klan - 19.jpg
176 KB, 640x640
>>
>>44447725
Actually the more I think about it the more I realise just how terrifying an invasion of bug sized sapients would be. I mean think of how hard it is to get a house completely free of creepy crawlies in real life. No imagine that said creatures were not only at least as smart as you in terms of tactical sense but able to employ advanced tools and even magic. He'll no one would be able to sleep for fear of some band of tiny commandoes armed with anesthetics and mining equipment sneaking into their ears and heading brainward.
>>
>>44451880

Why is Klan Klan so great?
>>
File: Klan Klan and Michael.png (5 MB, 1920x2152) Image search: [Google]
Klan Klan and Michael.png
5 MB, 1920x2152
>>44451918
Because she holds claim to "Best Underrepresented Romance In Anime" award.
>>
>>44451903
A tiny army could be pretty terrifying, but only in a guerrilla war on enemy (giant sized) soil.

Even asymmetrically, the tinies can't really defend their own turf very effectively against more than a few giants.
>>
File: Klan Klan - 23.jpg (163 KB, 585x800) Image search: [Google]
Klan Klan - 23.jpg
163 KB, 585x800
>>
>>44451995
Guerrilla warfare is sort of the point, think of how well the viet cong did in their asymmetric war with an invading force who was perfectly willing to mass destroy county and civilians and now imagine that while they are unable to attack the invader via conventional weapons they could hide literally anywhere.
But yeah cites be fucked.
>>
>>44451995
It could be enough to secure peace with the giants, especially if most of them weren't on board with the invasion to begin with.
>>
File: Klan Klan - 28.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Klan Klan - 28.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>44451991
>that moment where she thought Michael died in the movie

I'll admit it made me giddy to know that he survived.
>>
>>44451880
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J79O5mEjcZ0
>>
File: 1393904906873.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1393904906873.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>>44452292
Why is everything Macross so fucking based?
>>
File: Dat Meltran ass.png (703 KB, 872x778) Image search: [Google]
Dat Meltran ass.png
703 KB, 872x778
>>
File: Klan Klan - 29.png (596 KB, 1340x1200) Image search: [Google]
Klan Klan - 29.png
596 KB, 1340x1200
>>44451991
truly, a wonderful relationship.
>>
File: Klan Klan - 30.jpg (180 KB, 600x753) Image search: [Google]
Klan Klan - 30.jpg
180 KB, 600x753
>>44452466
>>
File: Klan Klan - 3.jpg (87 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Klan Klan - 3.jpg
87 KB, 480x640
>>44452490
>>
File: 1446663042041.jpg (166 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
1446663042041.jpg
166 KB, 1024x724
>>
>>44452756
>You will never be a tiny soft scifi !!SCIENCE!! wizard trapped on the planet of the giant amazons
>>
>>44453037

Why even live?
>>
>>44452756
>>44453037
>>44453101
Y'know, I would honestly like to play in that setting, though I'm not really sure how to do it.
Course it could just be as simple as a standard D&D with a tiny sized wizard and "normal" sized amazons/ladyknights
>>
>>44453801
DnD 4e let's you get away with that. You can refluff the Pixie's wings as a jetpack/ grapple launcher.

And you can still feel free to play a Martial character and explain away evading hits as Attack on Titan style jumps and dodges.
>>
>>44453888
Well, I kinda don't think he should have a fly speed, at least not without a magic item/spell, part of what I was thinking was him needing the amazon party members to carry him around if he wants to get somewhere in any decent time
>>
>>44453944
Still easy enough. No jet pack, just keep some rope handy. You can climb chairs and tables and avoid attacks, but you need to be with the giants to get anywhere at all.
>>
>>44453944
Just say it's a jury-rigged jetpack and it overheats if he uses it for too long.
>>
>>44454041
>>44454105
Maybe I wasn't specific enough, I meant even in combat he'd have to rely on the other party members to be positioned, at least anything out of a five foot step every round, though probably with something like the ability to duck down into his carrier's armor/clothes/cleavage to hide from attacks as a move action (or be tucked away someplace safe by the giantess carrying him) and/or get a cover bonus from hiding on her body

Though I get that not being able to move in combat in any decent amount could be unfun and quite a hassle
>>
Question, what sort of encounters could one expect in a "dungeon" set in a giantess's house?
>>
>>44454352
Depends on the scale of it. If she were significantly large, I'd repurpose normal creatures into the role of household pests. Possibly that the party has been hired to exterminate.
>>
>>44454352
Encounters with the unaware giantess while she carries out everyday tasks are always fun.
>>
>>44454352

Gremlins, Goblins, or some other pest that the giantess has complained of for causing havoc in her home. They're small and plentiful enough that no matter what she does, there's no getting rid of them on her own. A party of small adventurers might be able to squeeze into the right places to solve the infestation once and for all though.
>>
>>44452490
I know about the Vajra, but are there other Giant Alium people in Macross?
>>
File: barmaidgts.jpg (464 KB, 850x1086) Image search: [Google]
barmaidgts.jpg
464 KB, 850x1086
>>
>>44454187
A character relying entirely on others for movement is a neat idea. It provides opportunities for lots of interaction and highlights the power disparity between giants and tinies.

However, while it would be great in a story, I think it would be too cumbersome to use in a game.
>>
>>44458667
>I think it would be too cumbersome to use in a game.
Yeah, that's kinda why I had some reservations around it, but if you pick a character concept that doesn't do too much moving in combat and have it played by someone who enjoys RP out of it, I think it might work
>>
>>44457673
There's the Protodeviln, but it doesn't really count, they possessed Zentradi bodies age ago. Make sense. If you can possess bodies, you can as well possess the 13 meters tall biological weapons created by an advanced race.

The Zentradis' backstory is realistic-ish, by the way. They were specifically made to be giants using advanced science, created for war. Of course bodies this tall are not realistic, but any sufficiently advanced Ayys are indistinguishable from space gods.
>>
File: vajra-queen.jpg (190 KB, 1917x1076) Image search: [Google]
vajra-queen.jpg
190 KB, 1917x1076
>>44457673
>you will never reach Understanding with the moon-sized alien bugs
>>
File: tentacles.png (2 MB, 2090x3000) Image search: [Google]
tentacles.png
2 MB, 2090x3000
>>
>>44461630
I probably should read that one of these days
>>
>>44454530
What sorts of tasks?
And honestly, how would you make them more interesting than "roll for reflex"?

I'll admit I'd be kinda tempted to have them mostly invoke the PCs being right where she's about to sit down, positions where they get plenty of up skirt chances, or falling in her food while she's eating but I'd be interested in other ideas
>>
>>44462826

"Just about to be stepped on." works, but once, maybe twice but that'd be pushing it. You could also have one or more PCs be forced to either jump from a questionable height, or cling to her clothes as she gets up from her chair.
>>
>>44462792
The ending is pretty bad, but a good ending is something super rare for japs.
>>
File: img000007.jpg (845 KB, 1123x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000007.jpg
845 KB, 1123x1600
>>44461630
I'm all for body horror, but the love story with the half-Ayy felt weird and forced. In fact, a 'love' story with the humanoid Ayy clone of the first part would have felt far less gross and far more interesting. She was genuinely spooky.

Nihei has some pretty fucked up fetishes man.
>>
>>44464663
It didn't feel forced at all. Dude is a hyper-autistic fish outta water who only knows how to mech gud and nothing else. Hell, he's constantly being told how gross and smelly he is by everyone else and is treated as much like an incredibly talented monkey as he is as a person.

So when he finds someone who not only is another outcast that people like for her usefulness but still keep at arms length, but is a mech and the last vestige of the girl he had a crush on to boot? Well of course he'd be attracted to her.
>>
File: Klan Klan - 20.jpg (328 KB, 766x1063) Image search: [Google]
Klan Klan - 20.jpg
328 KB, 766x1063
>>
File: torako3.jpg (514 KB, 1263x1970) Image search: [Google]
torako3.jpg
514 KB, 1263x1970
Getting back to work on the writefaggotry.

Thinking I may drop the purposeful invasion angle and make it more of a coincidence that everyone just has to deal with.

Thinking the elves come from a sort of drifting demiplane with a city and surrounding countryside, that's come loose from wherever it's supposed to be. So now they just open portals to the material planes/wheels they float past to trade and gather resources. Maybe they're out there on purpose, or maybe it was some sort of planar disaster, unsure.

Also thinking that might mean that instead of a knight on a fairly secret errand, Aviel's a standup citizen, possibly with a family for the microplane denizens to attempt to threaten as a future plot element.
>>
>>44466778
Personally, I quite like the idea that aviel is military, explains the armour in the original image. Though on the other hand, the idea of civilian power tripping could work quite nicely.
>>
>>44466778
>Thinking I may drop the purposeful invasion angle and make it more of a coincidence that everyone just has to deal with.
So you're just rewriting Macross, then?
>>
>>44467058
Oh I mean she's still military, but dropping the 'sorceress secretly invading other plane behind the rest of the aristocracy's back' plotline I had going before, so she can interact more openly with the rest of things going on her own world.

Any civilian powertrips can now be had by other characters.
>>
>>44467187
Ah okay, that makes sense. Do you intend to add more Pov characters?
>>
>>44468518
Extremely likely. Maybe go back and add more descriptive text and such as well. I'm sorta just going through it bare-bones at the moment.

I figure I'll add at least a few more PoV's as i go. Some likely more permanent than others. There's the infiltration/exploratory force Aviel will be smuggling back. And possibly an elven civilian or two as they expand out into the microplane to figure out what to do with it. Any opinions/preferences/suggestions?

Running into distracting stuff tonight so slower than I'd like.
>>
>>44468652

Some that strike me as interesting right off the top of my head would be...

>Leiningen versus the ants style PoV about a king/lord/etc who has set up interesting deterrents, but vastly overestimates their ability to stop one of these elves.

>Member of the infiltration/exploratory force who is ordered to pick a team, and carry out the assassination of someone in the other plane.
>>
>>44468927
Added to the ideas/notes section. Both things I might just work in. The former especially sounds fun to write.
>>
>>44464663
>You will never be absorbed into the glorious body of your giantess waifu and slowly incorporated into her flesh as you're reduced to a self aware erogenous zone pumping her full of sperm whenever she wants a child

Also, what the fuck?
Where is that from?
>>
>>44470308
>self aware
No CNS = no awareness, brah.
>>
>>44471010
Shush, it's my fantasy
>>
File: bloomers.jpg (194 KB, 847x1200) Image search: [Google]
bloomers.jpg
194 KB, 847x1200
>tfw want to create content but haven't a single creative bone in my body.
>>
>>44471552
Are you me anon?
>>
What's this even have to do with traditional games?

Looks like some sorta shitty waifu circlejerk to me
>>
>>44471552
>>44471596
List off your ideas then, maybe they'll inspire someone else, maybe someone will give you advice that'll help you do it
>>
File: p0021.jpg (193 KB, 884x1250) Image search: [Google]
p0021.jpg
193 KB, 884x1250
>>44471616
It started with someone wanting character portraits for a giant PC.
>>
>>44471619

I can't think of any ideas that aren't contrived and/or boring. That's sort of the problem. There's no way I could come up with anything like >>44466778 for instance.
>>
>>44472227
Hey man that's fine. They might seem contrived or boring, but maybe we can help you spruce them up a little. All of my stuff tends to start off with a stupid premise then get refined over time.
>>
File: 1451112889740.png (271 KB, 477x835) Image search: [Google]
1451112889740.png
271 KB, 477x835
>tfw no giant monoeye qt who wants to marry you, and forces you to fight powerful monsters as a courtship ritual.
>>
Anybody seen this?

http://www.hugehana.com/#intro

Likes neat.
>>
>>44477396
*Looks neat, I mean to say.
>>
>>44477396
>Luckily, she's a big girl
>big girl
>>
>>44477513
They know which audience they're pandering to at least.
>>
Is there a sciencefag on the premises? Wouldn't a giant need a more specialized space suit than a regular human, not just for size? This is just a hunch, but I'm fairly certainly that the dangers of a vacuum would be more so for a larger creature.
>>
>>44479817
Not really?
I mean it's a scaling issue yes, but no new problems would arise
>>
>>44479817
Really, the problem is a human like giant evolving in a 1g environment. I hand wave it in my setting as they having thick bones with an eternal honey-comb pattern.

I stole the idea off of /tg/, actually. It sounds scientific enough.
>>
>>44479817
The main problem with giants is that they would need advanced suits to survive on most inhabited planets. Square cube law is a birch.
>>
>>44480281
As has been said before for a human like giant to work they'd need a low gravity, low temperature, high O2 planet to realistically have a chance of evolving.>>44480454
>>
File: img000007.jpg (831 KB, 1116x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000007.jpg
831 KB, 1116x1600
>>44470308
The collection of small manga stories by Nihei. A lot of everything, weird everything.

>>44465923
I want to do unspeakable things to Klan Klein.

I want to put a body control chip on the base of her spin and take her body to go out while she helplessly watch.
>>
File: pilot_by_blinkpen-d9dlkjb.png (503 KB, 2094x526) Image search: [Google]
pilot_by_blinkpen-d9dlkjb.png
503 KB, 2094x526
>>
File: 1436326155964.jpg (490 KB, 1510x1235) Image search: [Google]
1436326155964.jpg
490 KB, 1510x1235
>>
>>44480978

She looks angry. It's probably not in my best interest to give myself up to her, which means wedging myself between the Metal Slug and Mortal Kombat machines at the Drive-In's arcade.
>>
File: 0_17_shentai.org.jpg (285 KB, 1200x1708) Image search: [Google]
0_17_shentai.org.jpg
285 KB, 1200x1708
If I had technological mastery of space and time, I like to think I would have found a better way to save humanity.
>>
>>44482572
Vivian has some really fucked up fetishes, man. Nothing new under the sun.
>>
>>44477396
Reported for advertising
>>
>>44483429
Really anon? Really? From this point forwards I will ensure I never link to anything that may be relevant to the subject at hand, lest anon, of simple mind and low impulse control, become unable to resist spending his hard won gold and/or time.
>>
>>44483242
Vivian like too big giantesses
>>
>>44484975
Vivian likes giantesses that are submissive, in a very weird and feminine way.

She identifies too much with her drawing. Even though I like submissive giantesses, Vivian's giantess are several kind of weird, strange and gross.
>>
>>44484975
>>44485089
What does this have to do with traditional games?
>>
>>44485244
That you should not base your giantesses in Vivian's works
>>
>>44485714
>in
On, is what I meant to say
>>
>>44486140
Knowing Vivian's works, you shouldn't base things in them either.
>>
>>44472227
Think of scenario involving a giantess
Any scenario, now start answering questions like who are they? What are they doing?, then move to questions like What motivates them to do this?
>>
File: 1434599643356.png (954 KB, 1566x854) Image search: [Google]
1434599643356.png
954 KB, 1566x854
>>
>>44490665
Please don't bump unless you have something to add
>>
>>44491188
He added a pic
>>
So, back on the subject of Scifi giants, what tech level do you think they should be?
I mean compared to most other races, there's always the stereotype of the big dumb giants but if we're basing them off of D&D giants then intelligent and decently skilled spell casters (or the equivalent) could be the norm and that'd probably mean they have a higher tech level
>>
>>44493187
I figured it would vary, with most being on the average, and some like cloud giants being distinctly higher up in tech level.

For the most part I imagine their political and military power stays low-ish mostly due to their limited numbers.

Also thanks, I'd kinda given up on this thread a bit ago.
>>
>>44493264
>I figured it would vary, with most being on the average, and some like cloud giants being distinctly higher up in tech level.
Point, I was just wondering if there's a giant nation what it's at or if it's just a smattering of small tribes

>For the most part I imagine their political and military power stays low-ish mostly due to their limited numbers.
Yeah, I was thinking that too, either that but low numbers but VERY good at what they do, whatever it is

>Also thanks, I'd kinda given up on this thread a bit ago.
You're welcome, though I'm honestly fine talking about whatever as long as it's about giants, I just figured this would be more interesting than more blatant giantess fetish stuff
>>
>>44493370
>smattering of small tribes
Somewhat. I picture giants in general to not be inclined to nation building, though there could be exceptions. In general I view them as preferring solitude, but to likely having strong ties of loyalty when events call for it.

>Low numbers but VERY good at what they do
Yup, very much the idea. Not a lot of them out there, and even of the 'lesser' kind you're not likely to meet more than a couple at once, outside of major settlements. But a couple is probably more than enough.

And it definitely is more interesting than random blatant giantess stuff.
>>
>>44493467
>And it definitely is more interesting than random blatant giantess stuff.
Eh, I'd say it's a different kind of interesting, but this is more likely to get discussion out of it
>>
>>44493467
>And it definitely is more interesting than random blatant giantess stuff.
Really I'd just be happy with giantesses that aren't stupidly huge
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.