[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to make a half-dragon/half-elf PC in Pathfinder! How would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
I want to make a half-dragon/half-elf PC in Pathfinder! How would go about doing so?
>>
When a Dragon and an Elf love each other very much.....
>>
>>33185680
...momma dragon jerks off on elf daddy's eggs and nine months later a beautiful snowflake like you is born!
>>
By removing kebab.
>>
>>33185644

By using templates?
>>
>>33185644
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20030912a

A single level in this.
More if you feel like it.
>>
>>33185644
Ah yes, so you want to play an elfagon.
>>
File: laughing agent.jpg (27 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
laughing agent.jpg
27 KB, 400x300
>>33185644
Use GURPS for that!

Ahahahahahahahaha.
>>
File: 1399426416197.jpg (31 KB, 296x317) Image search: [Google]
1399426416197.jpg
31 KB, 296x317
>>33185644
The first step is coming out and admitting that you are just a shitty roleplayer and an unoriginal faggot who needs to add "unique" physical characteristics to characters because you can't write an original character to save your worthless life.

The second step is to go fuck yourself.
>>
>>33185644
Alright /tg/, what's the most sue you've ever gone?
Show me your half-dragon elf freedom paladins.
>>
>>33186175
Not me because I always play humans or human like beings...But here are the top three sue chars I ever gamed with:

>Goliath Half-Dragon Fighter
>Half-Golem Undead(Vampire) Minotaur Barbarian
>Werewolf Pixie Barbarian
>>
The advanced race guide has a section with instructions to create your own race.
>>
Ask your DM, there is no default way to do something like this in PF.
>>
S-so should I just stick with draconic sorcerer then?
>>
>>33185950
>Use GURPS for that!
You don't have to act like a dick about it. But yeah, GURPS has that kind of customization option.
>>
>>33187632
No, you should stop playing tabletop games and fuck off back to /a/ you little shit.
>>
>>33185966
Here's a list of the greatest heroes of mankind's literary canon and a few members of their supporting casts:

>Herakles
Son of a god.
>Gilgamesh
3/4 god somehow.
>Achilles
Son of a nymph and a human.
>Perseus
Son of a god.
>Theseus
Two dads! One is a god.
>King Arthur
Depending on the version of the story, either descended from dragons, born of magic, or half-fae
>Cuchulainn
Father is a god.
>All the Volsungs
Descended from Odin, Sigurd becomes essentially a human dragon after eating Fafnir's heart
>Merlin
Mother or father is a succubus/incubus.
>Enkidu
Half man half every beast to ever exist.
>Odysseus
Descended from a god.
>>
>>33186237

>Half-Golem Undead(Vampire) Minotaur Barbarian
>Werewolf Pixie Barbarian

D:
>>
>>33188281

I see a lot of half gods but no half elf, half dragon.
>>
>>33188281
>Herakles
>Achilles
>Perseus
>Odysseus
Fucking greeks and their special snowflakes.
>>
>>33186175
Dragonborn fire elf or snow elf actually make great Warblades

>>33186237
>Goliath Half-Dragon Fighter
>Not the clearly superior Dragonborn Goliath Barbarian
It's as if you like level adjustment.
>>
>>33185644
First you'll need to max your Craft:Sewing and be very very good at doctoring.
>>
>>33185644
Talk to your GM.
Halfdragon Templates are available on the SRD.
They can be applied to the half-elf race.
>>
>>33188737
To be fair; their gods fucked ANYTHING, and were surprisingly weak compared to the modern concept of a deity.

Being half-zeus wasn't so much a snowflake issue as an issue of being half-siblings with like half of fucking greece.
>>
>>33185644
>>33188856
If you want other templates, and your GM allows D&D 3.5 stuff, look into the Races of Dragon supplement. It has the Dragonborn and Draconic templates.
>>
>>33188281
That doesn't really equate. To put it in tabletop terms, the people of those times commonly played in a setting where all PCs were descended from/related to Gods in some way. It's like calling Exalted PCs special snowflakes for being demigods or VtM characters for all being edgy vampires.

By contrast, if OP is playing in a setting where PCs are just normal guys, a half-elf/dragon is pretty speshul.
>>
>>33186175
Doppelganger werewolf monk.
DM ran an eleventh level game and sat through two hours of character creation, mostly on my own while he ran the actual session.
The idea was he'd like, turn into the other guy and steal all their tech, then be beefier and faster because werewolf.
The DM proceeded to introduce my character by having the party enter a room and watch him drop into a meat grinder (no save).
I was then told to stop being a faggot and roll a dwarf or something.
I was thirteen.
It was my second time playing DnD.
>>
>>33185644
Make a Half-Elf with he Half-Dragon template.
>>
>>33188455
You don't think being half GOD, being related to one of the primordial, ruling forces of the cosmos, is more speshul than being related to a giant magic lizard?

>>33188925
There is the tone of the game to consider. But I don't see a problem with playing a traditionally heroic character in heroic fiction. PC's in D&D are meant to be heroes - they ARE, unless your DM is going for a certain theme disparate from the baseline, the best and the brightest, touched by destiny and shone upon by greatness.
>>
>>33188455
A lot of the gods or lesser deities in Greek and Norse myth are the children of gods and supernatural beings (usually giants or nymphs or elves).

>Merlin
>King Arthur
>Enkidu
>Achilles

Are guys on that list that are half something not god. Elves in D&D aren't really mythical beings, just descended from them, and it's actually canon in almost every edition of the game that dragons can and do produce kids with every race, including elves.

We're not talking about some ungodly vampiric half dragon half angel here. An elf with dragon blood in it is no more special, in the context of D&D, than a human with dragon blood. It's all in how you play them.
>>
>>33188281
>Gilgamesh
>3/4 god
Not quite, he was only 2/3rds which makes even less sense.
>>
File: 99844.jpg (88 KB, 780x260) Image search: [Google]
99844.jpg
88 KB, 780x260
>>33188281
Doesn't refute the point by any means
>you are just a shitty roleplayer and an unoriginal faggot who needs to add "unique" physical characteristics to characters because you can't write an original character to save your worthless life.

But to refute yours:
Twilight's a famous book too, but that doesn't mean it has good characters.

I mean really, I'm more interested in the nameless dude with an iron beatstick when I'm reading over the Illiad then Achelies' edgy ass.

Odysesuss is also a more interesting character since his alignment is "Lawful Hypocrite" and he has a compulsive lying complex.

Also Enkidu wasn't half beast. He behaved beasital and talked to animals.
That's your average level one druid.
>>
>>33188281
Most of them depict characters of heroic feats, intelligence and more important, and even if they are morally wrong, mature actions and deeds.
I don't think any of them pay a vendor and then kill him to take the money, or smash the head of a sleeping orc just because, or barter the price of a hooker.
>>
>>33189977
Enkidu is explicitly 2/3 beast. As in, he is a being divinely created as an amalgam of beast and man. Just read his description - he's mad a shit, fucker's got the fur of multiple different creatures.

Odysseus is interesting because he's a good character. He's also got supernatural heritage. This brings us to the truth of the matter - your characters as good or as bad as you write (or play) them. Your half dragon paladin can be a much more interesting than your human rogue.

Though, my point wasn't that you have to like the characters of myth, but that these characters are what D&D is based on.

>>33190111
>Most of them depict characters of heroic feats,

Yes.

>intelligence

Not necessarily. In fact, some of these characters can be pretty dumb.

>and more important, and even if they are morally wrong, mature actions and deeds.

Again, hardly. Almost all these heroes have their petty temper tantrums and obscenities. Shit, Gilgamesh begins his story by demanding that he should get to fuck every bride in Uruk before their husband does... because he's the strongest there is and he can.

>barter the price of a hooker

Something else Gilgamesh does towards the beginning of his story.
>>
>>33185644
That's a succubus.
>>
>>33185966
some people just get bored always playing a regular human, there's nothing wrong with spicing it up a bit. It is a fantasy game after all.
>>
File: tumblr filename asdfsdfsdgf.jpg (78 KB, 500x559) Image search: [Google]
tumblr filename asdfsdfsdgf.jpg
78 KB, 500x559
I wanna play MC Ride.
>>
>>33188985
No, you'd be making a full Elf with the Half-Dragon template, but the rules are funky on it.
>>
>>33185644
Just make a custom race.

I made this one with approval from my DM using the Pathfinder Race Builder.
>>
>>33185644
How do dragons and humanoids even have sex?
>>
File: 1400094755657.jpg (48 KB, 550x454) Image search: [Google]
1400094755657.jpg
48 KB, 550x454
>>33192791
Where did I mention that you had to play a regular human? Spice it up all you like, roll a Dwarf or an Elf, but don't be a Speshul Sueflake piece of shit, shrimpdick.
>>
>>33198304
Spelunking
>>
>>33199135
Oh god, ellipsis guy is back.

So basically, no-one should be allowed to play mouseguard, or eclipse phase, because how dare someone might want to go full furry and tiny heroic, or be a 12 armed synthetic squid morph?

Or perhaps if playing bog standard 3.5 or something, if the GM gives a free +2LA for a monty haul game, the only thing you're allowed to do is play a bog standard human, and fuck the fact that you'll be effectively two mechanical levels behind everyone else?

(The last option is actually great for having crazy party makeup, like for example tibbit vampire familiar or aasimar laser sorceress)
>>
>>33188281
Yes and they get a pass because they are well known mythological heroes. Your OC doesn't.
>>
>>33201877
>laser sorceress
But Anon, that's all they ever do normally
>>
>>33202247
This one literally lasered things by smiling at them. It was made of sugar and cute and could weaponise the triple digit cha score it had to burn a laser into the face of the moon.

Pretty sure I knew who was responsible for it, too.
>>
>>33185644
> half-dragon/half-elf PC
He's tracking down all golden (or silver or whatever) dragons to find the one who had an affair with a beautiful elven lady some 70 years ago, and tell him how much he loves (hates, whatever) him / ask him why he left (didn't save mom, didn't take care of his child, didn't show up but only sent gold and toys, whatever).
>>
>>33185644
>Thread for mixes

Alright, I want to make a Muscle Wizard Lich that uses a worm that walks as it's muscle structure

So far I've devised two initial methods of pulling this off
>Have another PC be my lover/best friend become the worm that walks and we work as one
>have this PC made by the DM/GM at the cost of lowering my XP gain

And the more complicated method, which involves me creating a perfect bodied clone with a soul to boot and having that one become the worm that walks whilst I become the Lich because the Worm that walks process involves worms eating my dead body and soul to create the collective, and I need my soul to put in the phylectery in order to become a Lich.

So duplicating myself initially.

lest I place my soul in a phylactery and the worms just eat my body and gather round my phylectery.

Thing is, amusingly, You can be comprised of any type of worm, so in theory if I made a few raids to illithid communities, I could be a worms that walks but made out of Cerebromorphal larvae.

Which means I'd be an undead muscle wizard mind puching Lichworm
>>
>>33186237
those sound rather as snowflakes than sues
>>
I don't see what is so bad about a pixie werewolf.
>>
>>33199135
God forbid there be something fantastical in fantasy.
>>
>>33186175
Half-Orc Cultist whos parents were murdered by demons.

That is it.
>>
>>33203428
There is fantasy, and then there is ridiculous
>>
>>33188981
10/10 based DM.

Or was it GM?
>>
>>33186175
Hobgoblin Grey Guard. That's kind of it.
>>
>>33185644

I know a way to make this more tolerable: Make the scope of the game elf-centric, so elves seem like the norm, and your char' can be seen more as a "half-dragon" then a "half-dragon half-elf". Still, be careful with how you write these sort of things as evident above; Half-breeds of exotic sorts have the tendency to reach toxic levels of attention-whoredom.
>>
>>33203495
Nah, he's a passive aggressive cunt. He should have spoken up earlier instead of wasting several hours for no reason.
>>
>>33203349
Wouldn't that just turn into a puppy?
>>
>>33203544
>half-terrasque
>>
File: 1404131837045.png (40 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1404131837045.png
40 KB, 184x184
>>33203597
>This autist really thinks he did nothing wrong
>>
>>33203860
Doppelganger werewolf monk does sound like a bit of a mishmash of ideas, but I could believe it working out okay. Either way, I'm not that poster or related to that game, I just recognize that the DM is kind of a fag.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.