[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
noko
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: drow_cleric_by_mir_nye.jpg (156 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
drow_cleric_by_mir_nye.jpg
156 KB, 612x792
Lets build a DND 5e character that makes absolutely zero sense.
Im thinking a Drow cleric of nature. What do you all think?
>>
>>44416180
The "nature" of the underdark is quite in-tune with the overarching Drow philosophy and aesthetic.
>>
>>44416180
fairy barbarian
>>
>>44416180
How does that not make sense? You could have a "nature red in tooth and claw" ultra-Darwinist spider cleric. Drow are all about survival of the fittest, their society is highly religious and the Underdark is an extreme competitive environment.

She could keep interesting types of spiders as pets, and use their different adaptations/qualities as part of moral sermons.

>>44417214
Classic fairy mythology comes from the Norse light/dark elves and the Irish sidhe. The progenitors of the sidhe, the Tuatha De Danann, are essentially a barbarian society of violent demigods. And there's certainly room for berserkers in Norse mythology.
>>
File: 1450162970472.jpg (932 KB, 688x811) Image search: [Google]
1450162970472.jpg
932 KB, 688x811
Ambuscade Ranger.
>>
>>44417480
>a ranger who ambushes people
Explain how this makes absolutely zero sense, please.
>>
Ogre Paladin of Vecna
>>
>>44417613
great villain idea, i'm using it in my campaign
>>
>>44417613
An ogre who eats the secrets from the heads of the travelers he catches.
>>
>>44417214
>Level 5 Pixie Barbarian
>Walk around easily defeating everything that is a threat to the pixie villages in your forest, which since all of you only have 1 HP is damn near everything.
>Slice, punch, and wrestle wolves, owls, and other "giant monsters" of your people.
>Get bored with your overwhelming power, become Pixie Saitama.
>Discover the human world, shenanigans ensue.
>>
>>44416180
Chaotic Good Drow Ranger. I'll defy all those Drow-are-evil stereotypes and make the most original character ever! He'll use scimitars too, because scimitars are cool and under used.
>>
>>44416180
Warforged Rogue?
>>
>>44420076
There's a whole subtype of warforged built just for that.
>>
>>44416180

Chaotic Evil Paladin

Fuck you 5th ed.
>>
File: 1410058702585.png (220 KB, 1273x955) Image search: [Google]
1410058702585.png
220 KB, 1273x955
>>44423873
They've existed since late 2nd edition, get over it.
>>
>>44417522
Because in 5th Ed Rangers suck at ambush.
>>
>>44416180
A elf-dragon sorcerer whose childhood was very interesting due to having a choleric mother of a Elven Sorceress and a playboy father of a shape-shifting Red Dragon.

He's normal despite all of this, but he has extremely bad luck because every party he joins is composed of madmen and he has to act as the only guy with common sense.
>>
I was thinking of making a human hunter ranger.
>>
>>44416180
>character that makes absolutely zero sense.
Race: Goliath
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Class: Paladin(Devotion)
Background: Merchant

A hardcore pacifist who seeks to cause mayhem non-violently and without deception.
>>
>>44416180
>noko
Witnessed
>>
orc cleric of zarus
>>
>>44432824
Self-loathing orc
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.